New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Practical Guide to Evil II: The Last Thread's On Fire, But It's Not Our Fault

Godbound is a great fit.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: A Practical Guide to Evil II: The Last Thread's On Fire, But It's Not Our Fault

Thanks everyone, I will be going through these and seeing which I can understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Thanks everyone, I will be going through these and seeing which I can understand.
    In order of complexity:

Fate

Godbound

Mage

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    In order of complexity:
    Ascending or descending?

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Ascending or descending?

GW
    Fate is the least complex. Mage is... Well, imagine a system where a big part of the system is crafting unique spells on the fly based on general mastery over certain aspects of reality where by the rules you can do literally anything as long as you know how.

Though to be honest, for the most part I would probably put actual sphere abilities in the hands of the gods, named would get specific abilities to go with their general motif/aspects. Basically repurpose the rules for implants. I'm... Actually kind of tempted to try and cobble this into a working set of house rules now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Fate is the least complex. Mage is... Well, imagine a system where a big part of the system is crafting unique spells on the fly based on general mastery over certain aspects of reality where by the rules you can do literally anything as long as you know how.
    Oh, I know. We tried to play Mage once (one of my friends was into V:tM, but the rest of us didn't really like it much... Mage was offered as a compromise to stay in WoD). We couldn't make heads or tails of the rules. I was therefore slightly concerned with the possibility that might have been Rynjin's low end of the complexity scale.

GW
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2021-01-15 at 04:53 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Oh, I know. We tried to play Mage once (one of my friends was into V:tM, but the rest of us didn't really like it much... Mage was offered as a compromise to stay in WoD). We couldn't make heads or tails of the rules. I was therefore slightly concerned with the possibility that might have been Rynjin's low end of the complexity scale.

GW
    Largely because outside skill tests and direct combat, the rules are mostly just polite suggestions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Mage is a game where the only stat that you need is a high RL Charisma, to convince the Storyteller.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Mage is a game where the only stat that you need is a high RL Charisma, to convince the Storyteller.
    This is where my +2 pizza of persuasion combined with advantage from my beer of bribery comes in handy.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".