New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

Default Help! I need characters! (D&D 3.5, details within)

Hi, everyone.
    Thanks for checking out my cry for help.

Here's my story: I'm a DM, and my players asked me a couple of days ago to come up with a one-evening session to play on Hallowe'en, appropriately themed for the occasion. Now, I'd love to, but I just know I can't write everything up for a good session by Wednesday and I was starting to panic, then, ding! I had an idea. Ask the nice people on GiantITP for help! I bet it'll work, too!

So the concept is this: The characters are necromancers, werewolves or (if we can get away with it) vampires. The werewolves and vampires are defending a castle, the necromancers are trying to attack it. Either or both sides may have access to a host of underlings who may or may not obey orders without fault. The players on the defending and attacking sides may or may not be cooperating and that's fine. Particularly, sabotage and senseless murder between vampires and werewolves within the castle would not surprise me.

Now, guidelines...

All characters:
    Use only the 3 core rulebooks of 3.5: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual.

Target ECL is set at 11.

The characters are evil.

I'd prefer the base creatures for werewolves and vampires not to be anything which already has level adjustment, but if you get an idea that's just too great/crazy/twisted to pass up, go for it, I'll take it anyway.

Characters can be any basic class which is compatible with alignment etc. It's worth noting, however, that PCs will most likely be working against each other instead of as a team, so support-type characters should also be capable of being independent. Also, the prestige classes included in the DM's Guide are fair game if you want to use them.

Ability scores are rolled with 5d6 best three. If your rolls are bad, don't use them. Your judgment call here, but the characters don't have to be very powerful.

Equipment is standard based on character class. This discludes level adjustment, but for high-LA characters, you can stretch that if you think it necessary.

For Werewolves:
    Use the template for werewolves in the Monster Manual.

All werewolf characters should be natural werewolves for the sake of something vaguely resembling simplicity.

My own ruling, for this game session alone: Werewolves are not inherently chaotic, though they are inherently evil, so lawful or neutral ones are just fine.

Vampires:
    Use the monster manual, but feel free to modify the template - I'm not sure how to work this with my own ECL restriction. If anyone would like to suggest a way to lower that hefty +8 Level Modifier, please go ahead and use it. You're probably a better judge of whether it would work than me.

Edit: Okay, not changing the template, but all vampires must have at least 5 HD. This may put them over the ECL. My players will either never find out, or understand. They're good guys. So, vampires with 5 character levels are the rule for this one. On a side note, the attackers are going to really need silver weapons. Really, really badly. I'm seeing two things. Infiltrator teams that act like PC adventuring groups in normal games sent in to remove particularly troublesome enemies, or even more in-fighting. Very deadly infighting. With, as it were, alchemical warfare.

Necromancers:
    Necromancers can be evil clerics, wizards, sorcerers, or whatever. Give them some way to control undead, though, because in this scenario, that's the whole point. They don't necessarily have to create all the undead they control (For the purposes of the game the forest may already be swarming with the things if necessary).

Also, if someone wants to whip up a spellcaster or two to play on the necromancer's side who deals with summoning minor demons/devils or elementals or whatever instead of using undead, go for it. Variety is a wonderful thing.

NPC Underlings:
    Can be practically anything. Go for an ECL of 4 to 6 or so. It would be very handy to know exactly who the servants of the PCs are and what they can do.

Anyone who wants to hand me stats for an underling can build a specific person or a stock character of which there may be several ("Parapet Guard", "Troglodyte Adept", "Fire-Enchanted Zombie" etc. etc.).

Additional notes:
    Powerful builds are neither necessary nor particularly wanted. I know my players, and they are inherently roleplayers, as am I. For this project, the more interesting the character build, the more fun you can bet my players will have with it.

Please, please don't not answer this because there's already a lot of answers. I want as many options as possible. I'm planning on having the players choose the category of their first character and get a randomly selected character from that category, then getting a COMPLETELY random replacement character if/when they die. I'm not sure how often this will happen, so the more choices the better. Any that don't get used may turn up as NPCs in a later game of mine. Oh, and if anyone wants to use any of the ideas that end up here, for any situation at all, that's fine with me as long as it's fine with the poster of the idea you want to steal.

And finally: Can I get someone to whip me up a Succubus for the Necromancers' category? One of my players suggested he'd like to try playing as one. The request surprised me, but heck, why not?

Thank you very, very much! Waste as much time on this as you feel you can spare!
    Last edited by Serpent Stare; 2007-10-28 at 12:09 AM.
    Subtlety is the art of changing something just enough
    that people notice the difference,
    without noticing the change.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Help! I need characters! (D&D 3.5, details within)

i feel like making a monk werewolf or somekind of claw fighter--quick question how do you want us to show character a site or not
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-10-27 at 07:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds like an awesome idea for a one-shot. I'll try to make a decent Vampire grappler by Halloween.

4. - Top - End - #4

RogueGirl

smile Re: Help! I need characters! (D&D 3.5, details within)

I'd appreciate it if you could just post the character info on this thread so I don't have to link anywhere.

Ivius, thanks for the compliment, but I can't take credit for the idea. It was actually the suggestion of another friend of mine who was a much more experienced DM in his time than I am now but has too busy a schedule to DM for us (he is bringing us a Shadowrun campaign, though, which is awesome, even though we'll probably only play twice a month).

Thank you both for the help!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Too bad you can't use the Complete Arcane book, a warlock would be perfect for this thematically.

I could probably cobble together a few different characters since I have a couple days off from work. Quick question on the stats though, how many times do you roll the 5d6? And if it's just six do you want them rolled in order of ability score, so that the first roll has to go to strength, etc.?

6. - Top - End - #6

RogueGirl

I'm using six rolls, arranged however you please for the benefit and style of the character.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underlings! Thousands of them!

(Or at least half a dozen...)

Ghoul Strike Team

Spoiler
    Show
    Ghoul Rogue 2
    Medium Undead
    HD 4d12 (26 hp)
    Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +3
    AC 17 (+3 Dex, +2 Natural, +2 Leather Armour); touch 13; flat-footed 14
    BAB +2; Grp +3
    Attack: Shortsword +5 Melee (1d6+1, 19-20/x2)
    Full-Attack: Bite +5 Melee (1d6+1+Paralysis) and 2 Claws +3 Melee (1d3+Paralysis) OR Bite +5 Melee (1d6+1+Paralysis) and Shortsword +5 Melee (1d6+1, 19-20/x2) and Claw +3 Melee (1d3+Paralysis)
    Space: 5ft. Reach: 5ft.
    Special Attacks: Ghoul Fever, Paralysis, Sneak Attack +1d6
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Undead Traits, +2 Turn Resistance, Trapfinding, Evasion
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 16, Con -, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 12
    Skills: Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Listen +9, Spot +9, Search +3, Open Lock +5, Disable Device +3, Tumble +5, Climb +6
    Feats: Multiattack, Weapon Finesse
    Organization: Strike Team (1 Ghoul Rogue and 1 Ghoul Monk)
    Challenge Rating: Something
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Ghoul Monk 2
    Medium Undead
    HD 4d12 (26 hp)
    Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +3
    AC 17 (+3 Dex, +2 Natural, +2 Wis); touch 15; flat-footed 14
    BAB +2; Grp +3
    Attack: Bite +5 Melee (1d6+1+Paralysis)
    Full-Attack: Bite +5 Melee (1d6+1+Paralysis) and 2 Claws +3 Melee (1d6+Paralysis) OR Bite +3 Melee (1d6+1+Paralysis) and 2 Unarmed Strikes +3 Melee (1d6+1)
    Special Attacks: Ghoul Fever, Paralysis, Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Undead Traits, +2 Turn Resistance, Evasion
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 16, Con -, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 12
    Skills: Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Listen +9, Spot +9, Climb +6
    Feats: Multiattack, Weapon Finesse, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes
    Organization: Strike Team (1 Ghoul Rogue and 1 Ghoul Monk)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

These guys presumably work for the necromancers.
    Tactics: If the Rogue wins initiative, he'll immediately move up and sneak attack the nearest target. If the monk wins initiative, he'll go to the nearest target and use Stunning Fist on it. They'll then go through and kill everyone nearby in order of closeness, though they will go out of their way to kill anyone who attempts to flee the combat.

Nameless Guy and Fluffles

Spoiler
    Show
    Nameless Guy, Drow Fighter 3
    Medium Humanoid (Elf)
    HD 3d10+3 (20 hp)
    Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +7
    AC 18 (+3 Dex, +5 Mwk Breastplate); touch 13; flat-footed 15
    BAB +3; Grp +5
    Attack: Mwk Longsword +4 Melee (1d8+2, 19-20/x2)
    Full-Attack: Mwk Longsword +4 Melee (1d8+2, 19-20/x2) and Mwk Shortsword +4 Melee (1d6+1, 19-20/x2)
    Special Attacks: None
    Special Qualities: Darvkision 120ft, Drow Spell-Like Abilities, Spell Resistance 14, Light Blindness
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +2 (+4 against spells)
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 12
    Skills: Handle Animal +7, Intimidate +7, Ride +6
    Feats: Combat Reflexes, Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Initiative, Mounted Combat
    Organization: (1 Nameless Guy and 1 Fluffles)

Fluffles, Fiendish Dire Wolf
    Large Magical Beast
    HD 6d8+18 (45 hp)
    Speed 50ft. (10 squares)
    Init: +2
    AC 14 (-1 Size, +2 Dex, +3 Natural); touch 11; flat-footed 12
    BAB +4; Grp +15
    Attack: Bite +11 Melee (1d8+10)
    Full-Attack: Bite +11 Melee (1d8+10)
    Space: 10ft. Reach: 5ft.
    Special Attacks: Trip, Smite Good
    Special Qualities: Resistance to Fire and Cold 5, Damage Reduction 5/Magic, Spell Resistance 11, Darkvision 60ft
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 25, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 10
    Skills: Listen +6, Spot +6, Survival +4 (+8 when tracking by scent)
    Feats: Alertness, Run, Track Weapon Focus (Bite)
    Organization: (1 Nameless Guy and 1 Fluffles)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

These two could theoretically work for either side.
    Tactics: Nameless Guy and Fluffles will usually just go for a straight-out attacking, flanking any opponents they can.

Some Flying Artillery

Spoiler
    Show
    Zombie Arrowhawk (Juvenile)
    Small Undead (Air)
    HD 6d12 (36 hp)
    Speed Fly 60ft (Clumsy)
    Init: +4
    AC 20 (+1 Size, +4 Dex, +5 Natural); touch 15; flat-footed 15
    BAB +3; Grp +5
    Attack: Bite +5 Melee (1d6+2)
    Full-Attack: Bite +5 Melee (1d6+2)
    Space: 5 ft. Reach: 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: None
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 5/Slashing, Single Actions Only
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 19, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills: None
    Feats: Toughness
    Organization: Solitary or Wing (4-6 Zombie Arrowhawks)

This, being undead, would be a trooper for the Necro's.
    Tactics: Just fly up and dive-charge things.

Advanced Darkmantle

Spoiler
    Show
    Advanced Darkmantle
    Medium Magical Beast
    HD 4d10+8 (30 hp)
    Speed 20ft. (6 squares), Fly 30ft (Poor)
    Init: +4
    AC 18 (+8 Natural); touch 10; flat-footed 18
    BAB +4; Grp +8
    Attack: Slam +8 Melee (1d6+6)
    Full-Attack: Slam +8 Melee (1d6+6)
    Space: 5 ft. Reach: 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Darkness, Improved Grab, Constrict 1d6+6
    Special Qualities: Blindsight 90ft
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Skills: Hide +11, Listen +4, Spot +4
    Feats: Improved Initiative,
    Organization: Solitary
    Alignment: True Neutral

Scatter these things all around the castle, hanging from the roof.
    Tactics: If one of these darkmantles sees something, they'll use their Darkness and drop on the person, then constrict until either they or their opponent is dead.

Blah. It's amazing what you can do with a few class levels and templates.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin
    HEY! That's MY last word. Give it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sile
    NOOOOOOO! Not the Bears! They be fuddly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphy
    Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything, but you can't help laughing when you push them down stairs
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikadeth
    Rix is the cutest bear that ever ate honey.

8. - Top - End - #8

RogueGirl

Ooh, strike teams! Ghouls with class levels! Heeheehee! (evil DM grin) Some of them might end up going rogue (no pun intended) on their masters if not actually "controlled".
    The darkmantles are a good idea. They'd pretty much work as an intelligent trap set against functionally everyone.

I like Nameless Guy. I'll give him a name. Does he ride Fluffles? (combat riding feat... O.o) Also: The concept of calling a fiendish dire wolf Fluffles reminds me of Harry Potter just a little bit.

Thanks a bunch! I wonder if the PCs will be clever enough to properly use/defeat these.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

He rides Fluffles into combat, and jumps off after charging (usually in the second round). Unless the space is too small for riding.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin
    HEY! That's MY last word. Give it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sile
    NOOOOOOO! Not the Bears! They be fuddly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphy
    Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything, but you can't help laughing when you push them down stairs
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikadeth
    Rix is the cutest bear that ever ate honey.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm working on some characters, underlings and PCs probably, but might I suggest using a few straight Gargoyles as underlings at the castle? They fit the Halloween theme, and they totally fit with creepy, old castles.
    Working on a campaign world or adventure and need feedback?
    Check out this site.

Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Talya
    Anyone casting a ninth level spell should not be just bending the fabric of reality, but chewing up the fabric of reality and spitting it out. It represents an expenditure of raw magical force that should be momentous, and should have similar shock value as the events following Grand Moff Tarkin's "You may fire when ready."

11. - Top - End - #11

Spoiler
    Show

barthin grarnet
    human natural werewolf
    level 4 barbarian/ level 3 fighter
    stats
    str16+3
    dex16+3
    con16+3
    int15+2
    wis16+3
    chr15+2

feats
    improved natural attack (claw)f, weapon focus(claw)f,iron will(free), track(free), weapon focus (bite)(free), power attack f, cleave f, improve initiative f, improved bullrush f

put rest up later
    Last edited by de-trick; 2007-10-27 at 10:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

12. - Top - End - #12

RogueGirl

Hmm. Looks promising, de-trick. There's just one thing - you're one level short of the ECL. Werewolves get a +3 LA, leaving you 8 character levels to fill.

Darkxarth, where are you when I'm DMing? Somehow I managed not to have that wonderfully thematic idea! I'm picturing a PC defender giving orders to a couple of gruff gargoyles... And it works. It really does.

A question for you all: Do you think some or these Darkmantles should be trained not to attack certain defenders? I can imagine one of the vampires' servants (NPC beast trainer, I can roll him up myself) having trained them not to attack vampires... but other undead and werewolves are fair game.

13. - Top - End - #13

Elven Sorcerer Vampire

Spoiler
    Show
    Vaar Tosu'ul
    Medium Undead
    HD 3d12
    Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +10 (+6 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
    AC 22 (+6 Dex, +6 Natural); touch 16; flat-footed 16
    BAB +1; Grp +6
    Attack: Slam +6 Melee (1d6+5, 20/x2)
    Full-Attack: Slam +6 Melee (1d6+5)
    Special Attacks: Blood Drain, Children of the Night, Dominate, Create Spawn, Energy Drain
    Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60ft, Alternate Form, Damage Reduction 10/silver and magic, Fast Healing 5, Gaseous Form, Cold Resistance 10, Electricity Resistance 10, Spider Climb, Undead Traits, +4 Turn Resistance
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +9, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 22, Con -, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 21
    Skills: Bluff +16, Concentration +6, Hide +14, Listen +17, Move Silently +20, Search +13, Spellcraft +9, Spot +17
    Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes
    Organization: Castle Defenders
    Challenge Rating: ECL 11

Spells Known
    Level 0 - Daze, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Message, Touch of Fatigue
    Level 1 - Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp

Not really enough gold to work with for items, probably a few potions/scrolls.

More to come.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent Stare View Post
    Darkxarth, where are you when I'm DMing? Somehow I managed not to have that wonderfully thematic idea! I'm picturing a PC defender giving orders to a couple of gruff gargoyles... And it works. It really does.
    I thought it was cool too, thanks!

A question for you all: Do you think some or these Darkmantles should be trained not to attack certain defenders? I can imagine one of the vampires' servants (NPC beast trainer, I can roll him up myself) having trained them not to attack vampires... but other undead and werewolves are fair game.
    Go for it. Creates unknown tension between Vampires and Werewolves, and you could do cool things with a Beast Trainer as an underling. A couple of Hellhounds on fiery chains, released upon his enemies.
    Last edited by Darkxarth; 2007-10-27 at 11:32 PM.
    Check out this site.

Truth

Anyone casting a ninth level spell should not be just bending the fabric of reality, but chewing up the fabric of reality and spitting it out. It represents an expenditure of raw magical force that should be momentous, and should have similar shock value as the events following Grand Moff Tarkin's "You may fire when ready."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Shoot, ECL 11 is just too low to make a Vampire Werewolf.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by triforcel View Post
    Shoot, ECL 11 is just too low to make a Vampire Werewolf.
    That character would probably be hated by Werewolves, Vampires, and Necromancers alike. They would not last long. But it would be pretty sweet.
    Last edited by Darkxarth; 2007-10-27 at 11:33 PM.
    Check out this site.

Truth

16. - Top - End - #16

RogueGirl

yuk Urg. Another irritating inconsistency.

Urg. I feel that there is something inherently wrong with creatures whose class levels are less than half of their level adjustment. The vampires probably still ARE that powerful, but it just feels... Like it's not ri- Hang on. -.- Of course this seems wrong to me. Vampires can't have less than 5 HD. Otherwise they'd be Vampire Spawn when they got turned. Okay... how to deal with this.

A) Arbitrarily rule that vampires get an ECL of 13 instead.
    B) Increase the target ECL for all characters to 13.
    C) Rule that vampires have to have at least 5 HD just because otherwise it wouldn't make any sense (and not tell my characters their level adjustment unless they actually ask).

Ummm. I pick C. Think you could advance that sorceress, Darkxarth?

On that note, I should also remind myself to use Vampire Spawn as defender underlings.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

You forget D) As the DM rule that for this admittedly one shot campaign you can become a vampire with having less than five HD.

It's all up to you though.

18. - Top - End - #18

RogueGirl

True, but it just doesn't feel right. There's a reason behind the 5 HD thing, and it's a pretty obvious one. If you have low HD vampires, what you effectively create is a creature with very few hit dice and by implication hit points, but a huge collection of nasty special abilities. Now, the damage reduction would justify this to a considerable extent, and I'm still kind of feeling, you know, maybe.

But I think not. Not this time. When I want a one-use offensive character I'll remember this occurence and consider single-HD vampires, but I don't really want the characters to die THAT often.

Hits of above 10 points do happen sometimes. Even, concievably, with mindless undead. Though that would probably take a big two-handed weapon.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

May I suggest using these vampires?

20. - Top - End - #20

Default Re: Urg. Another irritating inconsistency.

Ummm. I pick C. Think you could advance that sorceress, Darkxarth?

On that note, I should also remind myself to use Vampire Spawn as defender underlings.
    Can do.

And also, you totally stole my idea. I was going to make a handful of generic Vampire Spawn. I probably will still make a couple copy/paste ones. Like "X Race Vampire Spawn" or "Archer Vampire Spawn" etc.
    Check out this site.

Truth

21. - Top - End - #21

RogueGirl

Thankee, Darkxarth. I'm going to have to officially thank you guys in front of my players before we start the game.

Also, thanks for the suggestion, Gralamin, but I think I'll stick with the book this time. I don't have the time or energy to ponder dramatic changes before Hallowe'en and I don't feel secure enough in my DMiness to mess around with the stats of creatures I haven't played with before.

On that note, I am going to bed now to regenerate my brain. In the morning maybe I'll finish my second werewolf PC example (A dwarf-base monk. Why? Because I can.)

22. - Top - End - #22

Advanced to level 5.

Elven Sorcerer Vampire

Spoiler
    Show
    Vaar Tosu'ul
    Medium Undead
    HD 5d12
    Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +10 (+6 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
    AC 22 (+6 Dex, +6 Natural); touch 16; flat-footed 16
    BAB +2; Grp +7
    Attack: Slam +7 Melee (1d6+5, 20/x2)
    Full-Attack: Slam +7 Melee (1d6+5)
    Special Attacks: Blood Drain, Children of the Night, Dominate, Create Spawn, Energy Drain
    Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60ft, Alternate Form, Damage Reduction 10/silver and magic, Fast Healing 5, Gaseous Form, Cold Resistance 10, Electricity Resistance 10, Spider Climb, Undead Traits, +4 Turn Resistance
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +9, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 22, Con -, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 22
    Skills: Bluff +22, Concentration +8, Hide +14, Listen +15, Move Silently +14, Search +13, Spellcraft +11, Spot +15
    Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes
    Organization: Castle Defenders
    Challenge Rating: ECL 13

Spells Known
    Level 0 - Daze, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Message, Read Magic, Touch of Fatigue
    Level 1 - Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
    Level 2 - Invisibility, Spectral Hand

Spells Per Day
    Level 0 - 6
    Level 1 - 6 + 2
    Level 2 - 4 + 2

Too lazy to do items but I'm going to say still pick up mostly scrolls and potions, maybe a few interesting Wondrous Items if you can afford it.

I'm still working on a couple of Underlings.
    Last edited by Darkxarth; 2007-10-28 at 10:42 AM.
    Check out this site.

Truth

23. - Top - End - #23

RogueGirl

Thank you! Okay, I'll think up equips for... him, I guess?

That's a note. Can you guys let me know what gender the characters you come up with are? Thanks.

24. - Top - End - #24

Thank you! Okay, I'll think up equips for... him, I guess?
    Yeah, male.

Also, Vampire Spawn isn't really a template, it seems to just be a monster. Oh well, I guess I'll work on a Necromancer.

EDIT: Also, new question, do we make the Necromancer PCs ECL 11 or ECL 13?
    Last edited by Darkxarth; 2007-10-28 at 11:45 AM.
    Check out this site.

Truth

25. - Top - End - #25

RogueGirl

ECL 11. The vamps are the only ones who should be more than that.

26. - Top - End - #26

Just doing some stat rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

or not doing them so well

characters probably a little later
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-10-28 at 12:29 PM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

27. - Top - End - #27

one last try at stats
    Spoiler
    Show

ok, board roller isn't working
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-10-28 at 12:30 PM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

28. - Top - End - #28

Lizardfolk Cleric of Semuanya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nakk Skri'irt
    Medium Humanoid
    HD 10d8+30 (75)
    Speed: 30ft. (6 squares)
    Init: -1
    AC 20 (-1 Dex, +5 Natural, +4 Mithral Shirt, +2 Mithral Shield); touch 9; flat-footed 20
    BAB +8/+3; Grp +9
    Attack: MW Morningstar +10 Melee (1d8+2, 20/x2)
    Full-Attack: MW Morningstar +10/+5 Melee (1d8+2) or 2 claws (1d4+2) and bite (1d4)
    Special Attacks: Rebuke/Command Undead 9/day
    Special Qualities: Hold Breath
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 13 (15), Dex 8, Con 17, Int 9, Wis 20, Cha 15
    Skills: Balance +3, Concentration +14, Jump +10, Swim +5
    Feats: Extra Turning, Improved Initiative, Improved Turning,
    Organization: Necromancers
    Challenge Rating: ECL 11

Domains: Plant and Animal

Spells Prepared (Default)
    Level 0 - (Does it matter? Make them all Cure Minor Wounds I guess)
    Level 1 - Cure Light Wounds (2), Shield of Faith +3, Hide from Undead (2)
    Level 2 - Cure Moderate Wounds (2), Eagle's Splendor, Spiritual Weapon
    Level 3 - Cure Serious Wounds (2), Searing Light (2)
    Level 4 - Cure Critical Wounds (2), Divine Power

Domain 1 - Entangle
    Domain 2 - Barkskin +3
    Domain 3 - Dominate Animal (Could be used to wrest control of summoned [or called by a Vampire] animals, turning enemies into allies)
    Domain 4 - Summon Nature's Ally (Since it's only animals I suggest summoning either a Giant Crocodile or 1d4+1 Wolverines from SNA II)

Cure instead of Inflict spells, since Inflict can be spontaneously cast.
    Hide from Undead could act as Invisibility against the Vampires, and even against the non-intelligent undead hordes if they lose control.
    Eagle's Splendor helps with Rebuke and Command Undead checks.
    Spiritual Weapon overcomes Werewolf and Vampire DR.
    Searing Light deals 8d6 damage against undead and 8d8 against Vampires.
    Divine Power cast in conjunction with Spiritual Weapon and just beat up an enemy.

For level 4 I'd also consider Repel Vermin, given that Vampires can call bat swarms and rat swarms. And the Summon Monster spells can be good at any level, particularly when using a higher level Summon Monster to summon lower level monsters in groups.

Spells Per Day
    Level 0 - 6
    Level 1 - 4 + 2
    Level 2 - 3 + 1
    Level 3 - 3 + 1
    Level 4 - 2 + 1

Items: Necklace of Fireballs V, Minor Circlet of Blasting 3d8 1/day (6d6 against undead and 6d8 against Vampires), Cloak of Resistance +2, Mithral Shirt, Mithral Heavy Shield, MW Morningstar, Elemental Gem of Fire, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Feather Token Whip, Pearl of Power (1st), Silversheen, Daggers, Silver Holy Symbol, Wooden Stakes (10), Garlic Clove Necklace, Small Box of Salt.

Whew, I didn't work out the last couple hundred gold pieces or so, but I'm sure the character has about 50 gp left if they want to pick up some rope or grappling hooks or something like that.
    Check out this site.

Truth

29. - Top - End - #29

RogueGirl

Wow. Fun. A necro cleric all decked out to hunt vamps.

One question, though, and let me know if I'm missing something... What's the box of salt for?

30. - Top - End - #30

RogueGirl

Hey, if anyone either doesn't have easy access to dice rollers, or is rolling cruddy today, or whatever, here's a few ability roll sets that I just rolled up, with varying degrees of awesomeness.

Snatch one and build me a masterpiece.

A: 12/12/14/14/16/17

B: 9/12/13/14/15/17

C: 8/9/15/15/15/17

D: 10/14/14/15/16/17