New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Jellicle Ball

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    @AV

This is all assuming that Jeen (a confirmed Mafia member, that likely wants his 'team' to win) was being honest and the Mafia only has three members to start. I doubt it's true for that reason. Why have none of us questioned whether the Neutrals might be lying? From the start, I blindly assumed gac3 was being honest when he claimed to me in a quicktopic. But, late game, exclusively after we have gone after the most likely candidates for none-Town, and only if we're grasping for targets, I think it's fair to target flat_footed. He pretty much doesn't care enough to post or participate, and allegedly didn't even use his powers last night. All that points to a player that doesn't care if he's voted off (again, much later, we have bigger priorities right now). It's also a way to test if gac3 is lying without losing anyone talkative.

But, as I've already repeated, focus on the more likely Mafia and Cult first.
    I refuse to believe the game started with 4 wolves, 1 cult, 2 neutrals, and 7 town. 4 v 7 is practically unwinnable for town even before the cult and neutrals (who are heavily encouraged to scumside here) are considered. I'd sooner assume 2 wolves than 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Yeah, but "That VT was necessarily Macavity" was a BIT OF A STRETCH, don't you think? It seems as though the very fact that they scried as town was used as ammo for them not being, which doesn't make me very happy about it.
    Oh if only someone else had been suggesting this before EOD

- - - Updated - - -

Valmark even pointed out my posted role matches (word for word) the real Vanillager text (that I made on the first page). Throw in the Aventine observations and your comments feel off.
    *shrug* the role PM stuff is fakeable especially considering we know Macavity is provided a fake name.

And this was in the original role PM:

Vanillagers
    "All cats are jellicle cats, you see."

You have no special power. At the start of the game, you will be assigned a random name using this. This only matters for the purpose of scrying roles.

You might have been able to extrapolate properly or you were just provided a fake rolecard.

TBH the vanillager claim d1 has always been ?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Made you a buddy because you wrote that you noticed it but seemingly ignored it to build your case for defending Book.
    And you posted a bit earlier while we talked of the evenience of more then three vanillagers.

And uhm, I guess we now know for sure there are more then three vanillagers. Could it be possible that Jeen was being truthful?

I'll elaborate more on this in the morning. There is to say that I had a list of 4/5 people, and with the new knowledge this still fits nicely in, having 3/4 suspects of 4 possible villains.
    Yeah well I think I know the cult leader and Macavity so guess we will see in the morning
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-06-27 at 10:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

@AV: If a Town member is converted by the Cult one night, and then targetted by the Mafia another, are they reported as a Town-turned-Cult passing? Or exclusively as a Towny being targetted?
    If a townie is targeted by both the cult and mafia on the same night, they are reported as a dead townie, with no mention of their potential cult-hood. If a townie is targeted by the cult Night A and the mafia Night B, they will be reported as a townied-turned-cultist, which will look something like this:

AvatarVecna died. They were a Vanillager turned Cultist.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

1. I've stood from the beginning there are likely 4 wolves and no cult or 3 wolves and a cult. I feel we haven't really settled which is accurate but people only question the Mafia numbers. We might not have a cult. Though that seems unlikely given "the cult" sold out Jeen.

2. I'm fine with testing me by killing flat footed but may I suggest unavenger make them the jellicle choice? That way we find out and it doesn't mak flat footed lose. I mean I'd rather they lose than me but still. They are my partner.

3. Alternatively... Since we didn't lynch them, maybe Unavenger should go ahead and test the Valmark claim tonight.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    1. I've stood from the beginning there are likely 4 wolves and no cult or 3 wolves and a cult. I feel we haven't really settled which is accurate but people only question the Mafia numbers. We might not have a cult. Though that seems unlikely given "the cult" sold out Jeen.

2. I'm fine with testing me by killing flat footed but may I suggest unavenger make them the jellicle choice? That way we find out and it doesn't mak flat footed lose. I mean I'd rather they lose than me but still. They are my partner.

3. Alternatively... Since we didn't lynch them, maybe Unavenger should go ahead and test the Valmark claim tonight.
    Yeah TBH unavenger picking someone scummy and blasting them to a win is probably pro-town overall right now

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh look, the person we scried as VT was VT. No way.

I don't know why I bother telling you people things.

You made one post in the entire day phase and didn't even bother to vote. By my count the votes were tied, which means you could have changed things had you deigned to honor us with a vote. Don't come whining about things not going the way you wanted them to and people not listening to you when you apparently couldn't be bothered to do anything.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post

You made one post in the entire day phase and didn't even bother to vote. By my count the votes were tied, which means you could have changed things had you deigned to honor us with a vote. Don't come whining about things not going the way you wanted them to and people not listening to you when you apparently couldn't be bothered to do anything.
    Yeah, I kinda mentioned at the start of the game that I'd be in and out and not 100% focusing on the game the whole time. I'm kinda relying on people to not lynch the scried VT while I'm not looking and other sensible things like that, sorry.

Also, screw this, Valmark, you win the game. Good showing, please be evil, good night.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I kinda mentioned at the start of the game that I'd be in and out and not 100% focusing on the game the whole time. I'm kinda relying on people to not lynch the scried VT while I'm not looking and other sensible things like that, sorry.

Also, screw this, Valmark, you win the game. Good showing, please be evil, good night.
    Oh. Uhm yeah, I'm totally evil, please make me win. Hisss.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Oh. Uhm yeah, I'm totally evil, please make me win. Hisss.
    You fiend! Let us punish you by granting you victory! What do you have to say for yourself!?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    You fiend! Let us punish you by granting you victory! What do you have to say for yourself!?
    I'm guilty of whatever you accuse of me! And I regret nothing.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Night Three Ends

Old Deut led Masaru up to the balloon as all the cats cheered and yowled in approval. With one final embrace, the young tom stepped in and began his ascent.

Unbenownst to all those gathered, a second cat was ascending as well - Bombalurina had been knocked out and tied to the basket - just loosely enough that when she awoke and flailed about, the knots would pull free and she'd plunge to her doom.

Aventine died. They were Bombalurina.

Valmark died, and has won the game. They were a Vanillager.

Spoiler: Aventine Role PM
    Show
    Aventine/Bombalurina
    "Generous, voluptuous, frank."

Every night, select one player. If they are a town role, they are converted into a cultist (and their power, if any, is weakened as indicated below). If they are not a town role, you learn their alignment. Once per game, when doing this, you can declare it unblockable.

Bustopher Jones: You no longer learn your target's role name, only their alignment.

Jennyanydots: You no longer gain access to your target's QTs.

Mister Mistoffelees: Your target is no longer informed that you protected them, should your bane successfully protect somebody.

Old Deuteronomy: You lose your vote reduction, and your kill/convert protection (if it hasn't already been lost).

Spoiler: Valmark Role PM
    Show
    Valmark/Vanillager
    "All cats are jellicle cats, you see."

You have no special power. If you would be scried, and the scry would learn your role name, they are told you are Masaru.

Day Four Ends In ~48 Hours

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we should kill bunny of faith.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Living Players:
    1. Apogee1
    2. Bunny of Faith
    3. flat_footed
    4. gac3
    5. JoyWonderLove
    6. Logan1996
    7. Unavenger

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hmm.

I was very right on Aventine

And very wrong on Valmark

*shrug*

Now there are probably 2 cults here. I suggest we find and kill them

- - - Updated - - -

Game analysis says Logan1996 or Bunny of faith are the most likely cult targets

- - - Updated - - -

JWL did you hypo claim vanillager or are you standing bye it?

- - - Updated - - -

Odds there were only ever two wolves??

Or on the other hand odds not all 4 town PRs were in the game??

- - - Updated - - -

Actually based on that Aventine interaction yesterday its Bunny of Faith
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-06-29 at 04:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Question Re: The Jellicle Ball

I'm willing to bet you're non-town, Apopgee. Your last two posts before #243, I thought you were so tired of pretending that you intentionally were making mistakes. Or no one is really engaged enough at this point to keep going (there's like three of us). But I'm also getting less enthused, so meh.

@AV, did Valmark choose to opt out, or was that some power usage we have no clue about?
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-06-29 at 02:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm willing to bet you're non-town, Apopgee. Your last two posts in particular, I thought you were so tired of pretending that you intentionally were making mistakes. Or no one is really engaged enough at this point to keep going (there's like three of us). But I'm also getting less enthused, so meh.

@AV, did Valmark choose to opt out, or was that some power usage we have no clue about?
    I believe that was the jellicle choice.

Also, I know you are non-town, but you aren't who I want to vote today either way

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Game analysis says Logan1996 or Bunny of faith are the most likely cult targets
    Why not JWL, out of interest?

I'm willing to bet you're non-town, Apopgee. Your last two posts in particular, I thought you were so tired of pretending that you intentionally were making mistakes. Or no one is really engaged enough at this point to keep going (there's like three of us). But I'm also getting less enthused, so meh.

With regards to Valmark, read the flavour text - he got Ol' Deut'd, it seems. Which is why he won.

Also, I'm definitely engaged! Or well, I've been going through the thread a lot. I just haven't been confident posting much despite this, look how it's gone down when I've voted.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that was the jellicle choice.

Also, I know you are non-town, but you aren't who I want to vote today either way
    ? If you know they're not town, why aren't you voting for them versus guessing about other people?

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Why not JWL, out of interest?

With regards to Valmark, read the flavour text - he got Ol' Deut'd, it seems. Which is why he won.

Also, I'm definitely engaged! Or well, I've been going through the thread a lot. I just haven't been confident posting much despite this, look how it's gone down when I've voted.

- - - Updated - - -

? If you know they're not town, why aren't you voting for them versus guessing about other people?
    Because there is one wolf and 2 cult left

- - - Updated - - -

And I could in theory be wrong about the number of power roles

18. - Top - End - #228

Because there is one wolf and 2 cult left

- - - Updated - - -

And I could in theory be wrong about the number of power roles
    Alright?
    - Apogee1
    - Bunny of Faith - town
    - flat_footed - neutral?
    - gac3 - neutral?
    - JoyWonderLove
    - Logan1996 - cult probably
    - Unavenger - town

If there is a single wolf left and all previous (non-VT) claims are honest (nobody seems to have disputed the neutral claims or Unavenger's Ol' Deut claim), then you should be voting for JWL because they would be the last wolf. If you're the wolf then JWL would be voting you, which they are. Or you're both wolves and decided to be confusing?

Also, Apogee1.
    Last edited by Bunny of Faith; 2020-06-29 at 03:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alright?
    - Apogee1
    - Bunny of Faith - town
    - flat_footed - neutral?
    - gac3 - neutral?
    - JoyWonderLove
    - Logan1996 - cult probably
    - Unavenger - town

If there is a single wolf left and all previous (non-VT) claims are honest (nobody seems to have disputed the neutral claims or Unavenger's Ol' Deut claim), then you should be voting for JWL because they would be the last wolf. If you're the wolf then JWL would be voting you, which they are. Or you're both wolves and decided to be confusing?

Also, Apogee1.
    Here is where I am:

- Apogee1 - town
    - Bunny of Faith - cult
    - flat_footed - neutral?
    - gac3 - neutral?
    - JoyWonderLove - wolves
    - Logan1996 - cult
    - Unavenger - town

For town to thread the gauntlet we need cult and wolves parity. Wolves will not shoot the last cult because then they loose. We need them as close to parity as possible.

If you think Logan is cult, and if by some miracle you are town, we should both go there

20. - Top - End - #230

Here is where I am:

- Apogee1 - town
    - Bunny of Faith - cult
    - flat_footed - neutral?
    - gac3 - neutral?
    - JoyWonderLove - wolves
    - Logan1996 - cult
    - Unavenger - town

For town to thread the gauntlet we need cult and wolves parity. Wolves will not shoot the last cult because then they loose. We need them as close to parity as possible.

If you think Logan is cult, and if by some miracle you are town, we should both go there
    I am Jenny. If you were correct, then we shoot the wolf and there's only one cultist left, who we then lynch the next day. Which you're not doing, despite saying you think JWL is a wolf?

My current guess looks like:
    - Apogee1 - Wolf
    - Bunny of Faith - Town
    - flat_footed - Neutral?
    - gac3 - Neutral?
    - JoyWonderLove - Cult
    - Logan1996 - Cult
    - Unavenger - Town

Which would mean we shoot the wolf, you, and then nobody dies or gets converted at night because all wolves would be dead and Bombalurina too. Which leaves 2 Town, 2 Neutral, 2 Cult, so it would come down to how the neutrals want to vote or if they don't then it's a tie?

Alternatives involve things like Unavenger being hit by Aventine's unblockable conversion and JWL also being a wolf but voting for you as a gambit,

- Apogee1 - Wolf
    - Bunny of Faith - Town
    - flat_footed - Neutral
    - gac3 - Neutral
    - JoyWonderLove - Wolf
    - Logan1996 - Cult
    - Unavenger - Cult

In which case lynching you is still a good plan, because then JWL either kills me at night and the Cult win (barring neutral interference), or they kill one of the cult at night and the remaining cultist and myself kill the last wolf and tie, or I guess they kill a neutral, get lynched and then the cult wins?

There're other ways it could go down, but it's highly unlikely that you're town and I am willing to take my chances with that based on what I've seen.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I am Jenny. If you were correct, then we shoot the wolf and there's only one cultist left, who we then lynch the next day. Which you're not doing, despite saying you think JWL is a wolf?

My current guess looks like:
    - Apogee1 - Wolf
    - Bunny of Faith - Town
    - flat_footed - Neutral?
    - gac3 - Neutral?
    - JoyWonderLove - Cult
    - Logan1996 - Cult
    - Unavenger - Town

Which would mean we shoot the wolf, you, and then nobody dies or gets converted at night because all wolves would be dead and Bombalurina too. Which leaves 2 Town, 2 Neutral, 2 Cult, so it would come down to how the neutrals want to vote or if they don't then it's a tie?

Alternatives involve things like Unavenger being hit by Aventine's unblockable conversion and JWL also being a wolf but voting for you as a gambit,

- Apogee1 - Wolf
    - Bunny of Faith - Town
    - flat_footed - Neutral
    - gac3 - Neutral
    - JoyWonderLove - Wolf
    - Logan1996 - Cult
    - Unavenger - Cult

In which case lynching you is still a good plan, because then JWL either kills me at night and the Cult win (barring neutral interference), or they kill one of the cult at night and the remaining cultist and myself kill the last wolf and tie, or I guess they kill a neutral, get lynched and then the cult wins?

There're other ways it could go down, but it's highly unlikely that you're town and I am willing to take my chances with that based on what I've seen.
    Well if you are culted Jenny which I think you are my point remains

- - - Updated - - -

But if you really want me to argue why JWL is more likely scum than I am that can be arranged

22. - Top - End - #232

Well if you are culted Jenny which I think you are my point remains

- - - Updated - - -

But if you really want me to argue why JWL is more likely scum than I am that can be arranged
    I'm not - I targetted Logan last night and they were targetted by myself and Aventine, who turned out to be the cult leader. Logan previously claimed Mister Mistoffelees to me/Aventine, and was apparently protecting me last night.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Okay, so scum are doing a better job of killing scum than I am. Oops.

Bunny is essentially definitely Jenny, though I have no idea about her cultiness or uncultiness. I am certain of my own uncultiness, mind you, and would like to remind folks that my uncultiness is still testable if you really doubt it.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Logan1996.

This is probably true regardless of Bunny's alignment

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so scum are doing a better job of killing scum than I am. Oops.

Bunny is essentially definitely Jenny, though I have no idea about her cultiness or uncultiness. I am certain of my own uncultiness, mind you, and would like to remind folks that my uncultiness is still testable if you really doubt it.
    You aren't cult with that peek on Logan

- - - Updated - - -

Bunny why are you voting for me instead of your peaked cult?
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-06-30 at 06:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am cult but I am the only cult. I assume the cult targetted Jeen day 1. I'm not sure who they targetted night 2. Unavenger, you have a one time immunity right? Did you get notified that it was used up?

Now I am one cult member. The odds of me winning are severly low. However I can't harm town except with a vote. I can't however theoretically help protect you. From wolves with my night power. So let me ask you this? Would you rather kill me or try to knock out one of the two wolves. One of which is probably Apogee1

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Logan1996 View Post
    I am cult but I am the only cult. I assume the cult targetted Jeen day 1. I'm not sure who they targetted night 2. Unavenger, you have a one time immunity right? Did you get notified that it was used up?

Now I am one cult member. The odds of me winning are severly low. However I can't harm town except with a vote. I can't however theoretically help protect you. From wolves with my night power. So let me ask you this? Would you rather kill me or try to knock out one of the two wolves. One of which is probably Apogee1
    Who did Aventine target every night and do you have some way to prove it?

Don't link the main cult thread obviously that would be illegal.

Also, I don't believe you.

It would be gamethrowing to claim this as the last cult.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

AV didn't give me a cult thread because their are already no other cultists. I don't know who Aventine targetted but Bunny of Faith can surely tell us who they targetted night 1 since they targetted them.

Also I already was determined as a cultist so I was dead. Now my best hope is to survive as long as possible before dying.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Nah I'm treating this as a claim Bunny of Faith is the other cultist.

"I don't know who Aventine targetted but Bunny of Faith can surely tell us who they targetted night 1 since they targetted them." Don't think Jenny's power works like that.

Also in case it isn't blindingly obvious I'm the real last vanillager. Reread my ISO and tell me I haven't a) softclaimed it and b) approached this in a way a vanillager should. JWL's whole claim thing d1 only benefits herself and therefore should tell you she is macavity.

Game winning solve:
    - Apogee1 - Town
    - Bunny of Faith - Cult
    - flat_footed - Neutral
    - gac3 - Neutral
    - JoyWonderLove - Wolf
    - Logan1996 - Cult
    - Unavenger - Town

From JWL's perspective, she and I are reversed
    From Unavenger's and the neutrals perspective, they don't know which of us is town.

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW Bunny of Faith not a good look you decided that it was weird I wasn't voting who I knew was Macavity while you were not voting a cult peek

And if it is true Logan is the last cult and I am the last wolf (which it is not) why would you not take the sure thing? If there are only 2 of us the game is locked either way

- - - Updated - - -

@BunnyofFaith // Jenny

You should have some way of clearing yourself via quicktopic IMO if you are not cult

29. - Top - End - #239

Nah I'm treating this as a claim Bunny of Faith is the other cultist.

"I don't know who Aventine targetted but Bunny of Faith can surely tell us who they targetted night 1 since they targetted them." Don't think Jenny's power works like that.

Also in case it isn't blindingly obvious I'm the real last vanillager. Reread my ISO and tell me I haven't a) softclaimed it and b) approached this in a way a vanillager should. JWL's whole claim thing d1 only benefits herself and therefore should tell you she is macavity.

Game winning solve:
    - Apogee1 - Town
    - Bunny of Faith - Cult
    - flat_footed - Neutral
    - gac3 - Neutral
    - JoyWonderLove - Wolf
    - Logan1996 - Cult
    - Unavenger - Town

From JWL's perspective, she and I are reversed
    From Unavenger's and the neutrals perspective, they don't know which of us is town.

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW Bunny of Faith not a good look you decided that it was weird I wasn't voting who I knew was Macavity while you were not voting a cult peek

And if it is true Logan is the last cult and I am the last wolf (which it is not) why would you not take the sure thing? If there are only 2 of us the game is locked either way
    Can't say who Aventine targetted, I don't find out who people target - only who targets them. My targets were Aventine, Wombat then Logan. Aventine and Wombat weren't targetted by anyone else, Logan was targetted by myself and Aventine. Why would I target the Cult over the wolf, when the cult member can't do anything to me? If the wolf lives then I get NK'd, seems like a bad plan.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay I did misread the power. I thought they got both who they targetted and who they got targetted by. But that does make more sense. I was wondering why bunny didn't sell them out. Bunny is not a cult. Which means we have
    2 neutrals: gac3, flat footed
    1 cult: me
    2 confirmed town: bunny/Unavenger
    And up until now when everyone else has claimed we have thought there was at least two wolves left.
    So Apogee and JWL. If we don't lynch a wolf town loses. While lynching me accomplishes nothing right now. if the neutrals side against town we are already fairly screwed.