New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Madness of Men in a World of Monsters (D&D 5e IC)

Set Al-Sayyid
    Changeling Fighter/Hexblade
    AC: 16 HP: 20/27
    PP: 11 PIv: 12 PIs: 9
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Sensing the depth of unanswered questions on the man's face, Set tries and fails to remain silent, letting Vargath's words hang for a moment before inserting his own accented voice into the hush that follows.

"I am sorry Milo. The Lord of Change...perhaps you know him as the Liar, but he stole you from this realm and enslaved you in another while you slept. When we got here there were six of us, an empty field where your house stands, and a bird who spoke for...him."

Set glances at Evergreen, pausing a moment to swallow before turning his full attention back to Milo. "It was Selissa who raised her voice first to free you from that place. When the Liar sent forth a champion to face us, it was Selissa's hand that slew it." Pausing a second longer, Set looks at Milo significantly. "I do not know if you have the...alhayat takhud," Set says, struggling for the right words. "The life...debt. But you should know anyway."

Set finally tries to move on before he loses track of why they're here completely. "Unfortunately, there is little time to think of anything but weres, as you no doubt realize. May we take stock of what tools you have for this hunt, Milo? Dam'ess will not survive an attack without silver."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Selissa shot a quick look at Set, a mix of surprise, annoyance and embarrassment, before she looked away at the ground.
    Why was Set bringing that up? She didn't do it for some kind of... Life debt.
    "Wasn't much," she muttered awkwardly. "Just what should be done. Others helped fight anyway."
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Chevvile's Cabin

Milo scratches at his long, itchy bear as he listens to your explanations. Once all is said, he begins to grin. He has a look of manic excitement in his eyes that is almost alarming. "If it's weapons to kill weres you want, you came to the right place. Come on in." He turns and walks inside the cabin, gesturing for you all to follow.

Inside the cabin everything is covered in a heavy coating of dust and cobwebs, with several notable exceptions. Hanging on racks on every wall of the cabin are a plethora of death dealing weapons, all in pristine condition and all with the reflection of silver. Perhaps it is the humor of the Liar, but each and everyone looks as though it has been lovingly maintained and polished to a mirror sheen. There are exotic looking polearms, maces, swords, a double bitted great axe, and enough quivers of bolts and arrows to equip a small army. Hanging over the fireplace underneath the mounted head of a tiger is a strange looking crossbow with a bayonet on the front and some kind of keg or drum attached to the stock. It is this curious device that Milo goes to first. "Asleep for thirty years... I can't think of any better wake up exercise than hunting some beast men to extinction." He pulls a lever on the side of the crossbow with some effort and a fresh bolt loads into place. "You pretty much saved my life, so each of you can take whatever you need. Within reason, at least. You have to leave an old man his favorite toys, you understand." That maniac glee is alive like a bonfire in the hunter's eyes as he sets about arming and armoring himself from his stores, obviously intent on joining you for your endeavor.
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Despite himself, Vargath lets out a quiet whistle at the sight of the assembled arsenal. "They seem to have held up fine over the years." He comments offhand to no one in particular, browsing through the collection. Though he doesn't give up his trusted, reliable axe he does swap it over to his left hip and replace the one on his right with a nice Silvered version. He could keep both on hand, though it was unlikely he'd use both at the same time. Though he preferred the singing slice of an axe he grabs a warhammer and a case of bolts to go along with them. The real prize though is the set of armour that catches his attention from the corner of his eye. He gives his companions - and the hunter - a momentary look of assessment and judges that they're probably not likely to find use of it himself. No doubt its gleaming metallic plates would attract him plenty of attention, as intended. "Hunter, I'm taking this armour. Better to keep you covered while you rain shots from afar." He nods at the curiosity in the hunter's hands. Vargath had no qualms of the hunter joining them. It was more than fair payment for the injuries he - and more grievously, Set - had incurred in his rescue.

It takes some time - the better part of 15 minutes - for him to get fully geared up but a fresh set of armour leaves him feeling like a new man.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

5. - Top - End - #425

SwashbucklerGuy

Set Al-Sayyid

Set can't help feeling a smile tug at his lips at the hunter's enthusiasm. Even after waking up with 30 years lost, all he can think of is the 30 years it's been since he last killed a werewolf. A part of Set gets infected with the other man's excitement as he runs his hands over the vast array of weapons, searching for something that felt right.

A spear, well-made and tipped with silver stops him in his tracks as he pulls the weapon from it's rack. Holding it out at arms length, he nods to himself. Good balance. Not as good as his Favorite, but it would do. Set exchanges his second spear with this new one, placing the other in its place on the rack.

"Milo," Set says, holding his Favorite in one hand while holding up the new spear in the other, "I trust this isn't too much to ask for?" Set tenderly straps his Favorite to his back before looking around him to make sure he's got enough space to spin the new weapon around a few times, getting the feel of it. "This is well-built. Were these weapons made by your hand?"

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Birel Amastacia
    High Elf Wizard
    AC: 13/16 HP: 20/20
    PP: 13 PIv: 13 PIs: 11
    Conditions: Mage Armor

Birel simply takes a pair of silvered daggers and then sits down for a bit, focusing on recovering a bit of her arcane power.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Selissa rummaged around.She regarded a set of silvered studded leather for a moment, then compared it to her own scorpion-stained wear, and she sighed and took it. Amongst the weapons, she loaded herself up with arrows, then withdrew a silvered rapier and knife from the hoard.
    "Hunter. Want to take simpler weapons for the village. Can return them after. But they should be able to try to fight if needed."

That the wolves would eat them alive in any sort of serious combat was besides the point; Selissa did not fight toe-to-toe if she could help it, and perhaps the village could be fortified somewhat. Ah, hells-teeth; they should have told them to start before they left, but it was too late now. Wood elves did ambushes, not sieges. The others should have thought of it as well.

She went through the armoury and made a small pile of the simpler weapons of war before she hefted them and walked over to Set.
    "Here," she said shortly, and dumped them into his arms. "Carry."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Chevvile's Cabin

Milo grunts and takes a few of the weapons out of Set's arms, helping to balance the load. "You'll get no argument from me, elf. I don't even need them back. It'd be good for the village to have them in stock in case more weres show up in the future. They obviously weren't doing me any good while I napped for thirty years, and they didn't stop that bastard fey from messing with me. As you can see, I'm well enough equipped." He sets the weapons down in a comfy and dusty armchair long enough to snag the repeating crossbow again and strap it to his back, then picks the weapons up again one by one. "So do we make our stand in the village or do you lot know where to find these wolves? I'm an expert at tracking, but I'd need some idea of where to start."
    The Bear is Back.

9. - Top - End - #429

SwashbucklerGuy

Set Al-Sayyid

Set had just enough time to admire the collection Evergreen had gathered before the elf walked over and deposited them in his arms. Sagging a bit under the weight, Set winces, half expecting a voice to intrude from the shadows. But as a moment passes in silence, he visibly relaxes, even smiling at her. "Good choice," he says, looking over the collection of alramah. "The spear is forgiving to those unfamiliar with it."

He nods and gives thanks to Milo as the man grabs a few, lightening his burden. Even so, it would be a pain to carry these through the forest in his arms.

Giving Evergreen a sideways glance since she's still standing near, Set asks, "would you like to see a thing from my homeland? I don't have a niqala here, but every boy learns to make one from a length of rope when he is half as tall as his father's spear. They can be used to carry extra spears into battle and carry men out when the battle is ended."

Finding a spot to rest his head against the wall, Set drops down and begins weaving together a stretcher from his rope, leaving two long loops that ride over one shoulder like a satchel bag. "See? Much more manageable."

In response to Milo's question, Set glances over at the Mighty and his North Star. "I will follow, but I see the wisdom in getting these weapons to the village before we do anything else. They are a shred of hope to the hopeless if the weres get around us and attack when we're not there."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

For the curious, example of a rope-stretcher:

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

"We have a decent idea where they lair, our aim is to begin the hunt while the sun's still up and kill them before they can threaten the village proper." While he thinks it's pointless to take weapons back to the village - if the party fell, the village would be doomed either way - they did need some time to recuperate from the scorpion fight. He twists his leg slightly. Painful, but not a major hindrance. A brief rest would hopefully put him back to full. He continues to address the hunter, adding to what Set has said.

"Set and I were injured fighting for your freedom. Nothing life threatening, but we could do with some time to recover. I assume Birel's the same with her magic." He nods in the arcanist's direction, but keeps his focus on Milo. "If you and Selissa want to take the spears back to the village as a precaution, we'll recover here and 'hold down the fort', so to speak before making our move at full strength. I'm guessing the two of you alone could move faster and quieter than if we slowed you down." He doesn't like the idea of splitting the group but it seemed relatively low risk, and it would serve as a benefit for everyone overall.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Selissa watched intently, head clocked slightly, as Set folded and knotted the rope to make it easier to carry the mass of spears. When it was done, she simply nodded shortly.
    "Good," she simply said.

At Vargath's words, she nodded again, a motion just as small and sharp as the last one.
    "Mm. Two is quicker, though he's slower. Will hurry him along."
    Without further ado she headed for the door, not saying any farewells.
    "Come," she said to Set as she walked.

---

In the village, she wasted little time in finding the Chief. She gestured for the weapons to be deposited in front of him, and spoke in her typical terse manner.
    "Found hunter. Silvered. Give to who you want. Last resort. Shouldn't need them.

We're going to hunt them in woods. We die, put my skull in a tree. Upper branches."
    She paused and shrugged lightly. "You die too, don't worry about it."
    Contented that anything important had been said, she turned on her heel back towards where the others waited.

Back there, she would put on the silver studded leather, both finding the ugly human craftsmanship (and, indeed, the thirty years of mustiness) unpleasant and glad to be free of the smell of scorpion. While the others finished getting ready, she quickly and silently darkened all the studs with soot, to blacken the glisten of the metal.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Chevvile's Cabin

"You all can rest here as long as you want. I'm happy to have ya. Happy to have any company, truth be told. But I must admit, I'm eager to get going. I feel like killing some weres is just the thing to make me forget what that damn Fey did to me." Milo is grinning like a child, possibly working to bury his true feelings at losing so much time of his life.

In the Village

The Chief receives the silvered weapons with a grunt of thanks, quickly calling to men and women to pick them up and keep them close at hand in case of an upcoming fight. "If you die we'll abide by your wishes, Selissa. For my part if I die I want you to kill whatever beast or monster that managed to take me down. Now hurry- the sun wanes and we're not done tonight even if all the weres are dead." Cheif Moeller himself picked up one of the spears and tests it's edge, nodding in approval when it slices into his finger.
    The Bear is Back.

13. - Top - End - #433

SwashbucklerGuy

Set Al-Sayyid

Set only listens as Evergreen and the Chief trade words. Maybe it was because he was still breathing hard from trying to keep up with her, or maybe it was because his thoughts were elsewhere, but he found he didn't have anything to say. Regardless, his ears perk up as Evergreen and the Chief offer their wishes for after-death. It was just another reminder for Set that he'd forsaken the crypt where his fathers slept. He'd forsaken the soul that should've followed them to A'aru. What did it matter now? Let the crows and the wolves have their fill. With any luck they'd choke on his bones or at least leave no trace of the Changeling's true form.

Nodding in approval at the blood dripping from the Chief's finger, Set finally responds, unable to stop from commenting on the spears. "They are well made." He seems about to go on, but instead he turns away. Staring back towards the forest, Set can feel the shadows among the trees growing longer, the Shadowkeeper's fingers stretching towards him. Before he can tell Evergreen that they should be moving, she's already marching towards the treeline. Time to go.

As soon as they set foot back inside Milo's house, Set begs the hunter's pardon, wishing only for a few minutes to catch his breath. He finds a corner and props his back up against it, intending only to rest his eyes for a moment, but a dream sneaks up on him while his guard is down.

The ankh from his coin stands proudly in front of him, grown tremendously tall and basking in the light of the sun. It looks odd standing in the forest, and in the blur of a dream Set wonders if it had always had roots. The ankh almost seems to smile down on him, it's branches spread wide as Set notices the needles for the first time mingled with a scent not of his homeland that he'd only recently begun to recognize. Pine. A tree not of his land, yet here it stood proudly in the form his people had claimed for life itself.

The sun flickers before it's snatched away by the anhk's shadow, the ankh itself dissolving into the forest. The scarab from his coin appears in its place, grown to monstrous size and ink-black like that of the Liar's scorpion. It stares silently for a few moments before whispering that it knows a secret. Set leans in, closer and closer, but he can't hear. Finally a whisper tells him that his after-death wish would be granted. The wolves were hungry.

The scarab bites down on Set's neck, but it was no longer a scarab. A wolf drags him to the ground, feasting on his flesh. Set knows instinctively the wolf would leave nothing behind, but his body would survive a long time before death took the pain away. The wolf would make slow work of him, savoring every bite.

Set could see it. He watches himself being eaten, but he hears laughter even over the sound of his own screaming. The shadows of the forest look on with obvious amusement as his disembodied head continues to wail. Set awakens with a start, still screaming as His laughter echoes within.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Selissa spent the time waiting crosslegged on the floor, sorting through the silver-tipped arrows she had plundered from the hunter, holding each one up individually and sighting along it. When she heard Set startle awake from his nightmare, she cast a glance his way and silently unfolded herself to her feet.

Her quiver was full, her longbow strung. She could feel the eagrness of it.

Time to go.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Chevvile's Cabin

After the party is fully rested, all of you set out, following Birel's recollection of Esquel Brownbottom's crude map.

In the Depths of the Hartswood

Birel has some trouble navigating the forest based on Esquel's map, and the party has to turn around and retrace their steps a few times as they encounter gullies and ravines that would take hours to safely cross. Thankfully, as the afternoon begins to wane and the sun heads inexorably for the horizon, Selissa spots tracks that are like that of a wolf but far too large. Following these tracks, the party ends their journey at a tree line overlooking a small forest glade. Fifty feet away on the opposite side of the glade rests a cave that carves it's way into a hill. A freshwater stream flows from it's mouth and feeds a small pond that makes a direct charge to the cave impossible from this angle. It is possible to follow the tree line, staying under cover and approaching the cave with stealth. In front of the cave sits a man wearing roughspun pants and no shirt, reclined against the rock face and staring idly at the pond as a crane descends to it and begins stalking the shallows looking for frogs. The man is unarmed, but seems at ease, occasionally reaching up to run his fingers through his beard.

Milo whispers "Careful getting close. Even in their human form were senses are leagues beyond our own. Especially their sense of smell." He produces a canteen and shakes it, the liquid sloshing inside. "Got one dose of an alchemical mix that deadens scent for a few hours. I'd be willing to use it, but I suspect that one of you might be better. It's been thirty years since I tried to move stealthily."

Show
    As noted above, a stealthy approach may be possible along the tree line. Anyone going out in the open will need to go around the pond. One guard to deal with. Choose wisely.
    The Bear is Back.

16. - Top - End - #436

SwashbucklerGuy

Set Al-Sayyid
    AC: 17 HP: 27/27

Set's curiosity gets the better of him. He grabs the canteen from Milo, plucking the cap off and taking a sniff of the contents, furrowing his brow. He seems to think on it for a moment before gesturing to the Mighty, holding the canteen out to him. "I am not much for sneaking about, but I think you'll be wanting this even more than I will," Set says, looking around at the others to confirm.

Looking to Evergreen, Set says, "looks like you'll be teaching all of us today, Selissa. Can you show us how to get closer without alerting him? I'll follow in your steps," Set says, nodding towards where the treeline arcs around the pond.

Show

Set intends to stay far enough away where he thinks the were won't smell him (no closer than 60 ft). At that point he'll stop and the others can either try to get closer or stay put, but he'll ready Eldritch Blast for the moment someone else starts attacking.

Sneak: (1d20+2)[15] (advantage from being far enough away cancelled by scale mail)

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Selissa regarded him and his clunky steps for a moment, before nodding. In a low voice, she spoke.
    "Step using side of foot and roll it flat, quieter. Avoid twigs. Move slow. Eye catches fast movement. If caught on brambles or twigs, don't yank. Slowly reach and pull it off. Try to avoid startling creatures."
    She paused then added.
    "Always be downwind. Humans mostly smell terribly. Beasts good at picking them out. Wolves will be."

Did she mean that humans smelt really bad, or that they were simply bad at it? No man could tell.

With that, she melted into the undergrowth, always at least sixty feet away from the sentry as she circled him to a good spot, before she climbed ten feet into a tree and rested there - the green of her hair blending in with the foliage. She nocked an arrow - the point a gleaming silver - and positioned herself so it would be easy to pull up and draw, but any shine would be hidden behind her leg.

Show

Advantage on stealth: (1d20+8)[16] or (1d20+8)[22]
    She'll ready an attack in case he spots them, I'll roll for that on discord if it becomes necessary.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Vargath takes the flask from Set and gives it a sniff. It smelled of...nothing at all. More than nothing, it was an absence of scent. Even less nothing than when your nose is blocked for a cold. It was weird, as most alchemical things were. The absence was far more disconcerting than if it had smelled bad though, as if one of his senses had been entirely deadened. A sudden blindness for his nose.

Still, he had little choice. Armoured up as he was he'd be a liability without it, and he needed every advantage he could get. He uncorks the flask and began dabbing it over himself, trying to make sure it covered him as fully as possible without letting any go to waste. The absence surrounds him, and he suddenly feels the need to wash it off in the creek, though he manages to hold the urge down. As quietly as possible he slings the shield down on his belt and pulls the crossbow into hand, loading it with one of the silvered bolts he took. He'd only use it for the one shot, but hopefully it'd be enough.

De-scented and weapon in hand he follows Selissa, trying his level best not to give the game away before they were all in position.

Spoiler: Stealth roll
    Show

Lets see how bad this goes...
    (1d20)[18]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Birel Amastacia
    High Elf Wizard

Birel tried to focus on following Selissa's advice. In this area the young elf's experience and training certainly outweighed her own. Though she was a bit distracted by contemplating what her other words had meant. She hadn't know Selissa long enough to know if she felt ill-will towards humans or just people in general, if she was making a very hard to read jest, or if she'd just meant that compared to animals none of them had a great sense of smell.
    And of course she was also focusing a bit on staying a few paces behind Vargath. If something did sense their approach, best he take the brunt of an attack that her.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (1d20+3)[6]
    advantage: (1d20+3)[17]

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

The party advances on the cave silently, and the lone sentry doesn't seem to notice their approach. Milo moves up in formation with Birel, and soon the group reaches a much closer position, easily within weapons range of the inattentive werewolf. Milo holds up a hand, then lifts his advanced crossbow with one hand, beginning to count down with three fingers. First one finger falls. Then the next. Finally, the third finger falls and he grips his crossbow with both hands, ready to add his fire to your own, but not initiating the volley.

Show
    3.2.1. FIRE! Then roll initiative.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2020-11-16 at 04:14 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

With the whisper of bowstring, Selissa smoothly raised her bow and fired.
    It was a good hit; she knew that before she even saw it strike true, and strike true it did, cleanly hitting the werewolf in the back of the neck.
    She spared a brief second to give a tiny smile before she reached for a second arrow, her hands almost a blur as they moved with surety.

Show

Crit! 23 damage
    22 Initative

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Birel Amastacia
    High Elf Wizard

Birel whispers a few arcane words and points her wand at the werewolf, which fires forth a ray of shiny black ice and frost.

Spoiler
    Show

Ray of Frost: (1d20+5)[8]
    advantage: (1d20+5)[18]
    damage: (1d8)[3] cold (and movement speed is reduced by 10 feet)
    if crit: (1d8)[6]

Initiative: (1d20+3)[18]

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

He was no expert with ranged weaponry, he always preferred taking things to close quarters, but he lined up alongside the rest of them. He aims as best he can manage before pulling the trigger alongside everyone else. Hopefully it would be enough. He'd be dropping the crossbow and swapping it for his axe - his new axe - in a moment anyway. Part of him considers just throwing the axe instead, but at this distance it would probably not fly as far as he'd like.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Attack: (1d20+2)[7]
    Advantage: (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage: (1d8)[1]

Initiative: (1d20)[16]

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #444

SwashbucklerGuy

Set Al-Sayyid

Set watches Evergreen climb into a tree and nods at the simplicity of it. Might as well make use of whatever advantage the forest offered. The desert wasn't quite so kind, even to one of its own.

Lining up next to the Mighty and his North Star, Set has to clamp down on the urge to just throw his spear. At this range, Set couldn't be sure whether his Favorite would fly true. Better to be sure in a fight.

Set drops the new silver spear down onto his shadow, dragging it into the weapon until the chill burns his hand. <"Reach,"> he whispers, thrusting the spear forward as his shadow leaps from the tip towards the were.

Show

Eldritch Blast attack: (1d20+3)[9]
    with Advantage: (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage (force): (1d10)[8]

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party lets fly their weapons of choice, the were comes under a barrage of arrows, bolts, and spells. Selissa's arrow strikes it in the back of the neck, Birel's cold blast impacts it's chest, and Vargath's bolt leaves a graze across it's shoulder, but Set's shadow misses by inches. Then there is a rapid THUNK THUNK THUNK as Milo's contraption opens fire, sending three bolts in rapid succession. Though the device seems to detract from accuracy considerably, all three bolts strike the were in the stomach and chest, sending the bearded man sprawling in a hail of missiles. Even from this distance it is possible to see each and every wound caused by silver start to smoke and sizzle on the were's skin. He claws at the bolts and arrows with shaking hands, but hasn't even had time to scream.

Show
    You've got him on the ropes already. The turn order is as follows-
    Selissa
    Milo
    Birel
    Vargath
    Werewolf
    Set (sorry, Riggd. I rolled for you because you didn't roll it and the dice didn't come up in your favor.
    Again, three of you can act in any order before the werewolf goes, then the werewolf goes, then everyone can go. I hope you all don't mind a simplified initiative, I think it works better for PbP.
    The Bear is Back.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Birel Amastacia
    High Elf Wizard

Birel tries to seize the moment and fill the werewolf's mouth with ice before he can shout as she fires another ray.

Spoiler
    Show

Ray of Frost: (1d20+5)[9]
    advantage: (1d20+5)[13]
    damage: (1d8)[7] cold (and movement speed is reduced by 10 feet)
    if crit: (1d8)[5]

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

'A near miss is just as useless as a clear miss' his mother had once told him. Skimming the target's shoulder would be little more than annoy it. Vargath tugs another silvered bolt from the quarrel, loads and takes half a moment to aim and loose it. Just in case it wasn't enough, he lets the crossbow fall from his hands - he could recover it later - and tugs his new silvered axe from the belt loop. He was more than ready to close the distance and get up front and personal. Better to meet the beast where everyone else still had range on it, give them room.

Spoiler
    Show

Action: Attack: (1d20+2)[19] Advantage: (1d20+2)[8] Damage: (1d8)[7]
    Move: Best path to close distance with the guard, ideally staying outside of a 30' move range of the werewolf.
    Object Interaction: Dropping crossbow, drawing axe.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Birel's spell brings the were to it's knees, and just as it is about to open it's mouth to shout for help Vargath's crossbow bolt catches the man in the throat, punching through with such force that it actually hammer's Selissa's arrow out of his body. The man, looking like a pincushion at this point, slumps into the dirt, wisps of smoke coming up from all his silvered wounds. The sentry has fallen.

Show
    Good job, everyone! How do you proceed?
    The Bear is Back.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Vargath takes a moment to retrieve his hastily dropped crossbow. There's no embarrassment in it, he simply hadn't expected the beast to die so easily, and it was always better to prepare for the next strike than assume an early end to the fight. Seemed unlikely he'd get another use out of it again though, so he stows it and tugs his shield out. Chances were their next fight wouldn't be so simple. He regards the dank cave with a critical eye. "Hunter, do you know this cave? Any other exits?" Descending into the darkness when they didn't need to seemed ill advised, especially if they wanted to take advantage of the sun. "We have ample fuel here, if the cave only has this one exit we could light fires and throw them into the depths, smoke the beasts out. Those that don't choke on the fumes will be weakened, disoriented." The half-orc points to the sun overhead. "And in the light."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #450

SwashbucklerGuy

Set Al-Sayyid

Set steps out of the treeline cautiously at first, half expecting a line of weres to come charging out of the cave depths. When none appear, he pads over to the cave entrance, looking in for a moment before turning to the clearly dead werewolf. With a sharp grunt, Set buries his spear into it and the dirt below, wrinkling his nose at the wisps of smoke rising off of it.

"One entrance and one exit is good for a crypt, but not for a place of living. Even these creatures must know this," he says, pitching his voice just high enough to be heard and glancing back towards Milo to see if the old hunter knew one way or another. "If there is another way in and out, they will get behind us either to our peril or Dam'ess'."

Addressing Milo directly, Set asks, "do you know this cave? And do you know the habits of these creatures? Will they be sleeping now to awake when night falls, or are they likely awake now?"