New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Chapter 1 When angel's fall

"Painshriekers are twisted humanoids, all wiry muscle and a maw that extends from face to navel. They're terrifying even to look at, and their shriek is physically painful. The one we fought also had two hand-scythes," Crystal relays to Tarik.

"All right, so it likes noisy areas. That makes sense. That's somewhere to start at least. We should ask around the busier parts of town, and once we find somewhere it's been Jax can track it."

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Local - likely areas. (1d20+13)[18]

Urban tracking - track creature
    Large town (1d4+1)[3] checks required DC10, or small city (1d6+1)[4] DC15 (+2DC if lying low, -2DC not matching primary demographic,).

Gather information (Inc -5 to reduce time taken to half hour instead of an hour)
    (1d20+8)[21]
    (1d20+8)[11]
    (1d20+8)[20]
    (1d20+8)[20]
    (1d20+8)[27]
    (1d20+8)[28]
    (1d20+8)[14]
    (1d20+8)[12]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-08-02 at 04:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Mission

You've seen the large man swing between charismatic and open and then quiet and studious. While he watched the commotion he hadn't responded much other than to flick the remainder of his smoking leaves to the ground. As he listened to the description of the beast he suddenly chimed in as if speaking his internal thoughts outloud, "Noisy? Like a waterfall?"
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hunter Greene

The gnome woman literally hustles to keep up as the group begins to scour the town. She seems intrigued

"Painfully loud? Hmm. Perhaps I could kludge some earplugs for us."

Spoiler: Knowledge Check
    Show
    Does Hunter know anything about Painshriekers? Using an Inspiration Point. Any knowledge has the same bonus: (1d20+11)[18]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Amara as you ask Joshua if he is sure of his decision to stay and help around the village he nods. "As I said to Agimaex before I can't count on not getting paid, I need it to make a living. And I still need to make amends to the family of the man I killed. Did you know he had a wife and four kids at home that counted on him to put food on the table? I know the man died because Lord Benedict said he was a devil, however it was still my blade that gave the killing blow to the innocent soul. I must make amends." Joshua explains to Amara hoping she would understand his reason for not going of adventuring. "I will do what I can to help those in need however and if you ever need my aid I will do what I can to help you." he promises. " If you find a place where that creature will be, you will have the Mother's blade by your side. However I cannot leave that family to fend for themselves, who knows what would become of them if I turned my back on them."

"The people look to those they see as stronger than themselves to protect them. Mercenaries are well respected in most parts of the Empire due to their services, even if it is for coin. The fact that this isn't a draconian threat from Kurast makes little difference to them so long as they believe their families will be safe and they don't have to fight themselves." the man who was speaking to Amara says as he turns to reply to Tarik. "Simply Sister Rosalind here is a priestess of the Lovers who seems to have sworn away material wealth, don't know why myself but who am I to judge a priestess of my goddess? So when I heard they were heading this way I came to help."

As the group departs Crystal and Hunter together begin coming up with plans on where this creature could be hiding as well as spots it could possibly frequent, leads are a dime a dozen, however not all seem related to the task at hand, and almost no one seems to even pay attention to the missing homeless people.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Amara van Tannin

Amara growled, an odd sound coming from her normally cultured demeanor.

“They’re capturing them and preparing another sacrificial ritual,” she said, “we need to find out where they are and stop them. They’re probably in another mine or a cave or some place out of the way, not normally frequented.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you really think so Amara? That thing we fought had no love for the devils we fought, and went out of its way to kill them. And it was they who were doing a ritual not the beast we fought. I don't think it is even smart enough to think that far ahead honestly. Add in most mines around here are owned by the dwarves or fall into dwarven lands, to be frank we got lucky with our first gig. Perhaps they are eating them, after all everyone needs to eat, I doubt devils or whatever that thing was we fought is any different. I'm not saying I won't help you Amara, however you have a crew, the family I am helping has a fourteen year old boy as the oldest person in the house besides his mother. Do you think they would be able to survive on their own? I can't leave them to go broke and live on the streets because of my actions even if that makes you angry. If I hear anything I will send word to our old rooms, and if you hear anything this is my address." he says handing you a piece of paper with a street and number on it. "If I am not there simply tell whoever answers the door that your a friend of mine and that you need my help and they will find me for you." Joshua explains, making it clear he would help but in his own way. He was not one of them anymore.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Amara

“Huh? Oh hmm, you’re probably right,” Amara said. In her mind they were all otherworldly denizens, she had a tough time separating them in her head.

Honestly she’d already discarded Joshua from coming with them to help. Perhaps she could count on him to help in some other way later.

“I’ll stop by from time to time and make sure you’re doing okay,” she said, “do let me know if you hear anything.”

She returned to the rest of the group.

“Any ideas?” she asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-08-03 at 10:43 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hunter Greene

The gnome woman has been tapping her lip.

"Well, now, I can't be sure that they're the same as the creatures you're describing, but I did hear a, well, a personal account of a run-in with these creatures."

She grimaced at the memory.

"From what I recall, the creation of these creatures was tied to a Devil known as the Duchess. I'm afraid I don't remember more about her, but I remember what I read about the making of these monstrosities. For reasons I think you'll understand.

"The Duchess transforms only her most loyal followers into such beings, making them blind before putting them through an excruciating surgery cutting them from chin to navel. Large chunks of their internal organs are removed and replaced with a vibratory superstructure that projects and ultrasonic beam. The new painshrieker remain blind until the grafts heal, at which time they can "see" again with their implanted sonic generator. They also learn to create a powerful sonic attack."

Hunter's brow furrowed.

"It's strange that this beast has been turned loose in a town. Word was that these were wetwork and military creatures - not suitable for blending into a civilized setting. Perhaps this is a renegade or rogue of some kind. Regardless, if we have a way to create an area of soundlessness, we might have a way to strip this creature of its main weapon and its primary senses.

"If only we knew a temple in town that owed us a favour, we might be able to see if they have any magic scrolls we could use.."

She smiled up at Oetychus.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

''Ah! I catch your drift''

Oetychus returns to the Temple and asks to speak with sister Rosalind. Once he gets to talk to her he says:

''Sister. Good day. First of all, let me say that I greatly admire your courage for standing up against those thugs like you did. Second, I must admit to you that I am no devout - I made the story up simply to lend a hand, out of the goodness of my heart - but the consequences were beneficial, yes? The ne'er do wells are gone, the people are safe again - or rather will be since, as you may remember, my associates and I have volunteered to take down the creature. I know you have no money, but you do have the ear of your deity and, as such, formidable magical power. A member of our group has ascertained that creating a magical zone of silence would greatly weaken the creature, as it uses sound both to see and attack. Could you, in good faith, ask of your divinity that they grant you a spell capable of negating sounds and, perhaps, would you happen to be able to put this spell into scroll form? It would be extremely helpful to us and most likely advantageous for you and your flock and a perfect way of repaying my selfless act.''

Spoiler: they see me rollin'
    Show
    Diplomacy of (1d20+10)[21]
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-08-05 at 09:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

As the man finishes speaking, Tarik turns and walks off with the rest of the group, in deep thought. He knew, deep down, that the man was right but his own instinct, forged into him like it had for his ancestors, led him to stand up and fight against such things. <I guess that is why fate has put you here.> he thought to himself.
    As the others begin to describe the creature, he gives it some thought. Like Mission, the thought of a waterfall or rushing river come to mind but he can't think of anywhere near Angelius Ianuam, which he respond to Amara with. "If this thing still looked like a man, it would be hard to track. But if it is some beast stalking the streets, anyone who saw it would give a cry out. Unless it was able to keep hidden somehow."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

With the idea of getting a scroll of Silence from the temple of the Lovers the party turns back the way they came and it doesn't take long for the party to find the young woman in the back tending to the temples garden. Sister Rosalind patiently listens to Oetychus as he explains the situation. "Child a word of advice, don't call something a selfless act if you intend to ask the person who you did the act for a favor." she says with an amused, though not offended smile. " As for not being a believer in the Lover's I thank you for your honesty in this matter and understand your use of deception even if I myself would not do such a thing. Sadly I can only make potions myself, or simple clothing. If you give me but a moment I will ask my collague Brother Pran if he happens to have one however." the priestess says leading you towards the temple.

As you enter the small building compared to most temples you have seen before you note the contrast between the two sides of the building, on the right the entire interior seems to be made of a mixture of black granite and onyx, while the left side seems to be made up of White marble and topaz. The centerpiece even seems odd, two statues, made out of their respective stones seem to reach out to one another and the two stone melt together in the center of the alter. The Figure on the left you not has a window set in the eastern wall that would allow the morning sun to shine upon it. It's eyes made out of two individual topaz gems, while streams of liquid gold seem to run through it as if they were the bodies blood. And while it remains rough in design it is clearly male and the artist rendition of the "Father". On the right side stands a vaguely feminine statue made out of the black granite. Two onyx gems sit where her eyes would be, and small little diamonds seem to be embedded within her hair. As the male statue, liquid silver seems to run through this statue as if it were a living being with a much larger window on the western wall to no doubt catch moonlight upon the "Mother's" face.

In the back corner you all see a young boy, barely out of his teens if you had to guess, pale white skin, which is frowned upon in the empire as it shows one doesn't work. As the priestess walks over to him you hear her call out to him, though you note she stays in the center of the chamber, never passing over to the right side of the temple. "Greetings Sister Rosalind, is the garden already taken care of or do you need assistance?" he asks kindly, seemingly stopping whatever he was doing and listening to what she had to say before making his way down with her to meet with the rest of you. "Greetings, Sister Rosalind here says you were hoping to find a scroll of silence?" he says looking over all of you carefully, his eyes seemingly trying to peer through you as he pass over each with an icy blue look. "If you wish to use the Mother's gifts I must ask why? We at this temple do not get into the affairs of war or battle easily unless it is to defend those who cannot defend themselves. It is clear from looking at all of you none here hold the talent for the divine, or am I mistaken?" he asks seemingly hesitant and reserved about helping you unlike the warm and open personality of sister Rosalind.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Amara van Tannin

Amara spoke up.

“We intend to hunt down and defeat the Beast that has been kidnapping the townsfolk,” Amara replied, “it uses a sound attack, and the scroll of silence will help us bring it to heel and protect the citizens.”
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

As Amara explains why they need the scroll in question, and what they plan to do with it Brother Pran seems to listen intently to everything she says, which while it doesn't take long it seems his answer will as the priest mentally seems to muse over the request and what was stated. After about two minutes of awkward silence from the young man he speaks. "Worthy goals for those who wish to protect life, however Balance is the key to all life." he says as he pulls out a dagger and begins to balance it upon his hand. "When life and death are kept in balance everyone prospers, tip the scale to much to one side..." he says as he moves his finger slightly and the dagger falls to the ground, vanishing before it hits the ground no doubt magical in nature and simply having returned from where the priest of the Mother had pulled it from.

Pulling a sack from his belt he holds it out to the group. "One life taken, another given this is the offer I make to you. Plant this seed with the creatures body so that it can nourish the plant within and give it life. Do this and the scroll is yours." Brother plan says, waiting to see if you will accept or not.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

“So be it,” Amara replied, taking the small sack.

Spoiler
    Show
    sense motive take 10 for 16
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

As you take the small sack Brother Pran nods respectfully to you. "I will be back in a moment with my end of the deal. Know this however, use this magic for ill intent and not what you told me or fail to do as you have promised with the seed and the Mother will collect what is due to her in a way unforeseen." the priest warns, before return to the back of the chapel and retrieving a scroll case made out of black leather with an ivory crescent moon on it for a seal. "Will that be all today?" he asks in his same cold tone, his mannerism giving no signs on his clear like or dislike of you.

Spoiler: @Thundercracker (in addition to the PMed results)
    Show
    When he speaks you note it is not a threat but a warning

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hunter

Rocked back a bit by the rather portentious exchange with the priest, Hunter pauses just outside to seek further clarification. Perhaps distracting with logistics will keep everyone's mind off of the incredible danger into which they were soon plunging.

"Well done, folks. And now that we've got this invaluable tool...who feels confident in using it. My record with such things is a bit spotty."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Tarik looks at the scrolll with an arched eyebrow. "I have no skill with such matters. It would be a waste of its magic to give it to me."

18. - Top - End - #198

Flumph

''Let me take a look at that''

Oetychus takes the scroll out of it's case and goes over the writings quickly. When he rolls it back up, he is not sporting his usually confident look.

''Well.. there is a chance that I could succeed in using it but the chances are pretty slim as these writings are quite.. obscure to me. My songs can add a little edge, but even that would still be risky. Perhaps we would need a potion or otherwise magical item to help boost my chances. Any ideas?''

Spoiler: slim chances
    Show

I have +4 without any ranks in use magic device.. never thought that skill would be so crucial, haha. Next level I'll definitely put some ranks there. With inspire competence and my melodic casting feat I can use scrolls while using bardic musics which gives me a +2, for a total of +6. I need a 23 to succeed.. still kind of a slim chance.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-08-09 at 03:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"Here's what I've discovered," Crystal relays after a few hours canvassing various passers by, away from any curious listeners not part of the group:
    Spoiler
    Show

There are a few possible spots she can think of from her time spent within the walls of Angelis Ianuam that could be prime targets for such an attack.

A small little blacksmith shop in the center of New Haven's District close to the wall.

The Silken Smile Tavern, an inn just outside of the village proper in the district know as Sheperd's door.

Midnight Theater, this is an open to the sky theater that is one of the few places that bards are allowed to perform their craft in the empire. Each night this place is loud with drunken patrons as well as music. This place is in old Haven near to the black stone wall that divides Old Haven from Thessia.

Spoiler: Gather Information Results
    Show

Old Jenkins was a storyteller that most people remember telling stories when they were kids.

Each night lights are on in the Mayor's house throughout the night even though everyone inside is sleeping.

Some people say they see the head of house Bato out walking the streets deep into the night aimlessly

As of late something has been breaking into people's houses and reorganizing everything. As of this moment nothings been stolen however.

Security has been tighter as of late in Thessia ever since some noble came to town

Lady Cindara has recently bought a plot of land in Thessia district and has begun reconstructing an old building and turning it into Shrieking Violet Society building, a social club for middle and upper class women.

Rumor has it that the priestess of the Lovers keeps a prisoner locked in the basement of her temple.

Recently people have reported clothing being stolen from all parts of town.

"The rumours about the temple of the Lovers is alarming," Crystal says. "Some places to investigate anyway. Maybe Jax could find something at the midnight theatre, of the blacksmith in New Haven?"

20. - Top - End - #200

Flumph

At the mention of the Midnight Theater, Oetychus' eye light up:

''Well, the theater seems like a perfect place to perf-, I mean to start our search. Of course I meant to start! We should definitely look there first, don't you think? A bunch of drunk patrons would be the perfect dinner for our beast - and perhaps I could even make some coin... to fund our operation. I could provide a, um, distraction, while you stake out the creature! Obviously, the scene would be a perfect vantage point from which I would be ready to jump into action in a second's time. But, of course, all those other places sound fine, too.''

He scratches his beard and slicks back his hair as he looks around the group before adding:

''And those rumors about the Temple are indeed quite dire - Sister Rosalind seemed so nice and willing to help.''
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-08-09 at 05:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Amara

Spoiler
    Show
    silence is on the bard spell list so you don’t need umd, which is good because it’s trained only and can’t be used with no ranks.

“We were just at the temple of the lovers, but sister Rosalind didn’t strike me as someone who would keep a prisoner, and Joshua is there too, he wouldn’t stand for that,” Amara said.

“I say we head to the theatre first, as well,” Amara said.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hunter

Hunter simply nods her agreement with the choice of destination. A theatre was as good a place as any to start.

Referencing the scroll that has now been returned to Oetychus for use, Hunter murmurs to the exuberant singer.

"From what I hear of such magics, you may not want to try to put it on the critter itself, 'cause the magic might be resisted by these weird creatures. Instead, I'd suggest attais carrching it to something carried by one of our colleagues, who then carries it into battle with the thing. Tarik's blade, Marcus' helmet, something like that. And, not to overstate the obvious, but wait until we're sure that we're actually going to be fighting the thing."

23. - Top - End - #203

Flumph

Oetychus nods to Hunter as he crosses his arms.

''Fair enough, fair enough. Yet again, your well-rounded knowledge amazes me. You may just turn out to be the main character in my epic about our merry band - you and Amara. Maybe, after we've defeated this thing, when we have a tranquil evening to spend, I could interview you and take some notes, you know, just to better understand your character? I like my writing to be coherent and believable.''

He clasps his hands together before adding:

''Well. Shall we head off to the theater?''

(If the others agree and the group moves towards the theater, Oetychus starts some vocal warm-ups as they head towards the theater - just in case)
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-08-09 at 07:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hunter

Hunter looked sidelong up at Oetychus, offering up a lopsided smile. it was hard to picture anyone besides himself as the lead character in his epic tale, but it was a great kindness on his part to suggest otherwise.

To fill the conversational gap as they headed off, Hunter opined aloud.

"If this is a theatre, I hope that they're playing one of the newer comedies. I had the great misfortune of seeing Seven Against Thebes in the capital last year, and it might as well have been renamed Seven Against All Forms of Entertainment. Now, I've heard excellent things about Hamiltonius, but it's been impossible to get tickets."

25. - Top - End - #205

Flumph

Oetychus happily fuels the conversation:

''Ah! So you enjoy the performing arts, Hunter? Hamiltonius isn't too bad, but I'm not too sure about this new style of song, what was it... rythm and poetry? Call me a purist, but I prefer my lyrics sung rather than half spoken. This new trendy music is missing an edge, you know? Still, it's an entertaining tale with an all non-human cast to tell the story of the founding father Hamiltonius - which obviously was human and led a very human-centric life. Very controversial, I'd say. But controversy sells tickets! So that's good - very bold, actually. I'd definitely recommend you see it anyways even if the music needs a bit of reworking. Maybe one day I could rewrite it properly!''
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-08-10 at 01:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hunter

The gnome nods, taking the more experienced musician's advice.

"I admit to being intrigued by this new hybrid of singing and talking. And yes, I had rather assumed that the play would be human-centric. Sometimes it's easy to overlook the human privilege inherent in the system."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

As Crystal comes back to join the group a few hours later she quickly informs them of what she has learned while out around the town, narrowing your possible spots down a great deal at least on where to start searching. The rumors about the Temple of the Lover's are quickly swept under the table as the group decides its best to visit the Midnight Theater to look for possible sightings of the beast.

It takes a half hour to reach the theater from the temple of the Lover's and as you arrive a rather flamboyantly dressed individual can be seen walking down the stairs to the theater with two individuals quickly following behind him carrying what appears to be his belongings, which seems to include a black puppy of sorts.

Spoiler: Knowledge the planes
    Show
    DC 14 to ID

"Please come back we will pay you double!" calls a figure from the top of the stairs who has just come into view. "I will not work with amateurs, find someone else." the figure calls back, not even bothering to look at the figure calling as he begins making his way towards a coach that is parked off to the side of the stairs. "Wait please!" the man calls as he reaches the middle of the stairs, clearly frantic however the figure is already in the coach and gone before he makes it to the bottom. "The show is ruined, all the money I will have to refund...I'll be broke!" the man says pulling at what little white hair he seems to have left, a rather larger round bald spot in the middle of his head.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hunter Greene

Hunter pressed her back to a wall and watched the drama unfold with a single, unblinking eye. Sometimes, the universe felt like a gargantuan machine, and it simply seemed like a matter of divining the right moment to shift the pattern on the loom. Finding the way to insert just one more cog. Crap. She was starting to indulge in flights of metaphor. Oetychus was starting to rub off on her. What a horrible thought.

Actually, Oetychus might be just what they needed in this situation. If it were up to Hunter, the obvious path forward would be to go after the diva with the dog, and by resolving his concerns ingratiate themselves with the theatre's impressario. But if the boy could declaim better than he extemporizes, there was a different way. A different kind of machine.

Hunter glanced up at the singer speculatively.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Knowledge (The Planes): (1d20+7)[21]

29. - Top - End - #209

Flumph

Oetychus can't believe the opportunity that is presenting itself! Overwhelmed by his luck, he hesitates for almost a second... before meeting Hunter's gaze. He knows immediately what she is thinking: she wants him to sing! Steeling his resolve, he takes a few steps towards the two figures and draws his trusty lute - no more time to hesitate. He does a few quick, dramatic strums to get the attention of the pair and says:

''Fear not, good Sir! I may very well have the perfect replacement for your lead role. I think you can both enjoy this song.'' to the star he says: ''And you could even take some pointers, most likely. Finally, to the older man he adds: And, of course, I am willing to accept the double payment you've just offered.''

He begins to play, singing in a very dramatic, almost operatic style.

Spoiler: bardic music: fascinate
    Show
    (1d20+13)[18] will be the will save to resist my fascinate, which would cause them to sit and listen, completely in awe: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/condition...htm#fascinated
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-08-12 at 01:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: @Hunter
    Show
    As you look at this puppy you notice its smooth black coat and mouth full of sharp teeth as it seems to yip point to it not being an ordinary dog. Its features were to sharp, and the light itself seemed to blend in around it, seeming to make it almost vanish at times. That's when you remember what this creature is, a shadow mastiff, though clearly not a fully grown one. How this man was able to get one is shocking to say the least as they are not native to this plane of existence from what you have read, but a shadowy realm much like this one, however covered in ruins and ruled by powers of darkness where it is said the sun never shines.

You all watch as the man going into the coach as well as the one coming down the stairs seem to stop in place as Oetychus begins to play his music, it is as if their entire world is focused around the young bard and his craft and nothing else is going on around them. As Oetychus continues to play you notice a few faces begin to appear at the top of the stairs to the theater, all watching the scene below, everyone perfectly silent as if waiting for something to happen, for the trance to be broken.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    There are a total of five actors at the top of the stairs, all of varying races, and you note not a single one being human. All however are in similar costumes as to the man who had walked out and was attempting to leave before Oetychus began to sing.

As you all watch, what you can all assume to be the Impresario answers Oetychus in almost a hypnotic like state."Yes. Double payment. For you." The clear previous Divo of the house seems to be woken up as his puppy pulls at his arm with its teeth. "How dare you try and ensare me with your magic boy, do you have any idea who I am?" he says clearly upset that you had so easily put him under your power, and also were now using such power to get his job.