Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Raam: The City of Anarchy IC

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 10/10
    PP: 15 PIv: 12 PIs: 13
    Conditions: --

Jiro moves slightly to the north, letting another arrow fly at the enemy.

"Let's finish them off."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Initiative 18

Likely, he will shoot the Mul Rabble that attacked Bontar. Next targets are the dwarf rabble, starting closest. However, if the Killers Ganger attacked Zantos, then attack him instead.

Attack: (1d20+5)[24] + Bless: (1d4)[4] = 28

Damage: (1d6+3)[8]

If anyone drops to 0HP before his turn, he will cast healing word as his bonus action.

Qaba
    Elf Ranger
    AC: 15 HP: 12/12
    PP: 14 PIv: 13 PIs: 14

Qaba also moves North, shooting an arrow at the enemy.

"Jiro, protect Zantos." He commands the cleric.

Show
    Initiative 13

Likely, he will shoot the Mul Rabble that attacked Bontar. Next targets are the dwarf rabble, starting closest. However, if the Killers Ganger attacked Zantos, then he is the first priority instead.

Attack: (1d20+6)[20] + Bless: (1d4)[3] = 23

Damage: (1d8+4)[11]

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade
    AC: 16 HP: 26/26 THP: 10
    PP: 11 PIv: 9 PIs: 9
    OOC

Seeing the dwarf get hit so hard by Mul, Zantos tries to protect his new friend and instead focuses on the Mul Rabble.

He yells at the Mul as he swipes with his scimitar, "Take that!"

Show
    Initiative = 6

Likely, he will attack the Mul Rabble that attacked Bontar. However, if the Killers Ganger attacked Zantos, then attack him instead. If he doesn't need to attack those, and he can move without taking an AOO, then he will move (I did not move him on the grid) and try to get into melee with another enemy.

Attack: (1d20+7)[25] + Bless: (1d4)[1] = 26

Damage: (1d8+5)[10]

He still has Armor of Agathys, giving himself 10 temporary hit points. If someone hits him with a melee attack, they take 10HP of damage until my THP are gone.

If Killers Ganger or Mul Rabble try to move away without disengaging, he will take an AOO

Attack: (1d20+7)[22] + Bless: (1d4)[2] = 24

Damage: (1d8+5)[11]

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-06-24 at 07:26 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard
    AC: 14 HP: 18/18
    PP: 11 PIv: 15 PIs: 11

Lazaar mentally instructs Greven, "The tide turns. End this rabble quickly, but tell the others to spare the ganger."

The prophet then pronounced words of power. The earth around the two-hammered Mul withered to ash, which radiated into peals like watchtower bells.

Greven Zhov
    Dray Aberrant Mind Sorcerer
    AC: 15 HP: 7/7
    PP: 11 PIv: 11 PIs: 13

The emissary mentally assented to the Mar's command, "Agreed, Mar Ravoni."

Greven also targeted the Mul as he called out to Zantos, "Dune-strider, let the ganger run like a dog to his master. Your patience will be rewarded."

An invisible lance of psychic energy slammed, and threatened to shatter, the dwarf's mind.

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 9/9
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 14

Qoheleth commended the Watchers, "A good kill."

The priest invoked the power of the Grey to draw the sand from under the Mul, dumping on the true dwarf in its stupor and dropping the half-breed into an ashen pit. "The land has declared you unworthy to walk it, and so consumes you."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Lazaar (22)

Cast Toll the Dead on the Mul fighting Bontar. Wis 13 or take necrotic damage - (1d12)[7] (Save Roll for your convenience: (1d20)[12] )
    Sickening Raze to the Mul in defiled area (1 level of exhaustion for those within spell area)
    Distant Raze: Off-center the defilement to the Mul's Square (another level of exhaustion).

Greven (18)
    Cast Mind Sliver on Mul. DC 13 Int Save or Take psychic damage - (1d6)[6] and target must roll a (1d4)[1] to subtract from its next save before the end of Greven's next turn. (Save roll for DM convenience: (1d20)[18] )

Qoheleth (2)
    Cast Mold Earth to excavate the ground under the Mul, dropping it 5' into a hole (no damage) and dropping the dirt on top of the unconscious dwarf rabble 5' away.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The furious Mul snags the haft of Bontar's maul with both clubs and flings it out of the way as he attempts to swing. As he winds up to deliver another powerful double blow to the vulnerable dwarf, the tolling of a bell can be heard. The clubs, raised up over his head, fall loosely from his grip as the warrior falls to his knees and clutches his chest. The bell tolls for him.

With the last weak breath before he falls, he reaches towards the fallen dwarf and whispers something only Bontar and Zantos are close enough to hear.

Spoiler: Raamite
    Show
    "Father..."

And a quiet thud announces his falling to the ground. Seeing the last bastion of resistance fall, any last will to fight weeps from the ganger next to Zantos. He scurries away, staggering to his feet as he limps as fast as he can from the fight. Inky black footprints trail his path.

The fight is over.

Spoiler: Event Tracking
    Show
    Bontar swings at the Mul Rabble, but misses.
    Lazaar casts Toll the Dead, dealing 7 necrotic damage to the Mul Rabble. He is KO'd.

Human Ganger stands up and Disengages, starting to move away.

At this point, all enemies with the ability to fight back are fleeing and marked for tracking. I will end combat and initiative here, unless anyone wishes to finish them off before they can get away.

Show
    You may have noticed, but I changed how Heat works. It triggers after combat now instead of every round, since I did some test rolls and realized how easy it is for a character to just drop dead of heatstroke midfight.

Realistic? Maybe. Fun for the players? Not so much.

Only Moranica's characters are actually vulnerable to heat. I rolled their saves and all are still feeling fine right now.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist)
    AC: 13 HP: 27/27
    PP: 13 PIv: 12 PIs: 11
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian
    AC: 19 HP: 13/17
    PP: 14 PIv: 9 PIs: 12
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue
    AC: 17 HP: 7/10
    PP: 13 PIv: 16 PIs: 13
    Speech

As the immediate threat is gone, Faldar takes a moment to wipe some sweat of his forehead and checks on the wounds of his bodyguards. "Well done, well fought Zantos. I sure am glad we met you before they attacked. We would have been in trouble otherwise. I didn't see you or your companions get hurt, is that right? Should you get hurt, do tell me. I can heal both wounds and other trauma's."

Having found Bontar and Ptekme to be in ok shape, Faldar turns to the robed men.
    "I thank your for your help, your magic really helped divide the enemy. And I think it scared the burned one away. I assume you were also the one that marked the one running way? Then you must plan on pursuing this scum. I you don't mind We will accompany you. Such pests cannot be allowed to roam the streets. Even if it is in Ghostcity."

While following the trail Faldar speaks with Bontar and Ptekme. "That could be real Korno's, but they may also have been hired to come after us. Even if it did seem a bit too chaotic for that. Let's keep our eyes open and hope their trail tells us more."
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-06-25 at 02:57 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade
    OOC

Zantos looks over to see that his friends are ok and then let's out a victory cry,

"That was fun! Shall we give chase!"

Show
    He still has Armor of Agathys, giving himself 10 temporary hit points. If someone hits him with a melee attack, they take 10HP of damage until my THP are gone.

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric

Jiro moves towards the others,

"Is everyone ok? Nice job in this fight everyone."

Show
    |

Qaba
    Elf Ranger

Qaba looks at the oily prints and smiles at the prophets, knowing it must have been them.

"Nice thinking. This will make tracking them much easier. We should move quickly though. Once they discover the curse, they will use it to set up trap. We need to find them before they have time to set the ambush."

He starts to move out, following the tracks. Jiro follows. Zantos shrugs his shoulders, starts to follow and looks to the others to see if they are coming too.

Show

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-06-25 at 08:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar surveyed the scene and instructed Greven, "Organize the faithful for the pursuit."

The prophet waited for his disciples to consolidate for the chase.

Greven Zhov

The emissary gestured in respect toward the elves, "Well fought. Let us capitalize on what the Vicar has provided."

He then addressed the woman and man who remained, "Watchers, Mar Ravoni has seen your faithfulness. Your work will be rewarded. Take up the weapons of the defiled; you have more blood to shed to usher in the Dawn."

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth gestured and the silt around the unconscious dwarf responded by heaping over him. Then the priest scrawled the emblem of the prophets onto the sands. "The runners will not lay in wait, but the burned fool may try to turn this to his advantage. Let us follow the feast."

Show
    Qoheleth uses Mold Earth to excavate a 5' pile of dirt next to the unconscious dwarf within the web area of effect, using it to bury him alive (no immediate damage, but may suffocate).

Then Mold Earth to form a symbol of the prophets on the ground as a warning to others.

7. - Top - End - #37

BlueKnightGuy

The dwarf is entombed, the sand still rising and falling with his struggled breathing - until it does not. The Watchers watch the process with some apprehension, but the girl nudges her friend with an elbow. "Right. We're ready," she says, taking up one of the clubs from the gangers alongside her shiv. Her friend slips a normal sized club into the waistband of his trousers and picks up a greatclub from one of the dwarves, hefting it over his shoulder.

With the elves in the lead, they begin tracking down the fleeing Killers. It's an easy, but slow process to keep up with the limping and wounded men.

At the end of the trail, they come to one of the abandoned guard posts that used to mark the edge of the Ghost City along its border with the city proper. There is no true wall, but a barbed fence that has since been taken down at multiple points along its length. Still, the buildings are sturdy and the Killers could have chosen a worse outpost.

The group comes up behind one of the buildings in the compound. The wounded humans are limping to meet with waiting comrades, while Crispy is nowhere outside to be seen. There are two raised guard towers on ladders with dwarves standing watch. One of them ls leaning on his tower and looks to be sweating after a long shift, while the other is fresh.

The two buildings flanking the gate are joined by a raised bridge where a woman in gladiatorial attire stands with an atlatl and a quiver of javelins. Beneath her is the old gate where people would pass into or out of the Ghost City. There are small rectangular windows on the second floors of the buildings, but nobody is visible immediately inside. They look like they were once slots to fit a crossbow through, but none of the Killers seem so equipped.

Alongside the building the group is hidden behind, a female carru is tied to a stone post. A human man is sitting on a stool next to her, extracting fresh milk into a bucket.

8. - Top - End - #38

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar commanded Greven mentally, "Ask the noble what his scout sees."

The prophet gestured for the vicar to block the path to him.

Greven Zhov

The emissary assented and focused on Lufi. A sensation of a clawing awareness filled the human's mind, "Fear not. It is I, Emissary Greven. Mar Ravoni inquires how many your scout sees and where are they positioned?"

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth silently moved to defend the Mar from the direction of the guard post, readying his shield.

Show
    Qoheleth moves to obstruct the path to Lazaar.

Greven Invasive Mind's Faldar to ask about where and how many figures his team sees.

I could cast a giant fog cloud (40' radius) to sicken and blind the entire compound if the party wants to engage.

Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-06-25 at 12:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist)
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue
    Speech

As the group halts behind the building Faldar has Ptekme take a look and scout out the place. Ptekme just counts out the number of enemies on his 'fingers' and shows 1 fist, during which he speaks some thr-kreen.

Spoiler: Thr-kreen
    Show
    "I see a whole bunch of 'm. There's 6 gladiators, of which 2 are in the 2 guard towers. They are accompanied by 4 weaker guys and some fiery priest. We can't take 'm without the magic users."

"Alright, seems there's quite a number of Korno's there, 10 if I'm correct, and one more dangerous guy. How do you suppose we should do this? And will you and your men help, Emissary?" Faldar asks the men.

In the meantime, Bontar takes the Kank and wagon back a street, trying to find a place where it will be safe for a few moments. "Hmmph, probably no one living near these fanatics anyway", he grumbles.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-06-25 at 03:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

[QUOTE=Theophilus;24581136]
    Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar waited for the familiar touch of Greven's mind before he instructed, "Send the Watchers with the noble. Overwhelm their chattel."

The prophet let his messenger speak. Once the arrangements concluded, he moved behind his cohort prepared to unleash the wisdom his master had provided.

Greven Zhov

Greven relied to Faldar, "Our Watchers will fight alongside you, and we will support your attack."

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth listened and replied quietly, "It would be wise to send some element to swing around and attack them as we assault. This will confuse them, and make them believe we are in numbers greater than we have.".

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade
    OOC

Zantos chimes in with his addition to the plan,

"We can go around the left side of the building and attack from there. I'll start with a spell to try to take out the group in the middle. Maybe one of you could make some fall asleep again. That worked well last time. Then we unleash a flurry of arrows and spells while Bontar, Ptekme and I charge in from two directions."

Show
    Initiative (1d20+3)[17]

On the signal, will cast shatter (3d8)[18] damage in a 10' radius DC 14 CON save for half.

Then use his movement to move towards the nearest enemy. (I haven't made this move yet on the map)

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric

Jiro nods,

"I can cast one more spell today. I'll save it in case we need it later."

Show
    Initiative:(1d20+3)[21]

Readies action to shoot his arrow as soon as shatter is cast, first choice is at the cleric, then the guard in the nearest tower.

(1d20+5)[15] Damage (1d6+3)[9]

Qaba
    Elf Ranger

Qaba looks skeptically at his boss, shrugs his shoulders and gets in position.

"If you say so boss."

He follows Zantos and gets his bow ready.

Show
    initiative (1d20+4)[18]

Readies action to shoot his arrow as soon as shatter is cast, first choice is at the cleric, then the guard in the nearest tower.

(1d20+6)[25] Damage (1d8+4)[8]

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-06-25 at 05:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist)
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue
    Speech

Faldar nods at the others. "Sounds like a plan. Give me a minute to get ready."

Ptekme is send around the building, and gets ready to snipe the guard in the tower with his Chatka. At the same time Faldar takes Bontar and heads around the other building to the left, to snipe the other towerguard.

"Alright Bontar, I want you to stay near me now. Only engage when they come to you, or when I tell to charge. When you do charge, make it ruthless and mean. We need to finish this fight fast!"

Show
    Initiatives
    Faldar (1d20+2)[19]
    Bontar (1d20+4)[9]
    Ptekme (1d20+4)[19]

Ptekme readies his Chatkcha at the towerguard nearest to him
    Steath check with advantage, because of Chameleon Carapace (1d20+8)[25] or (1d20+8)[19]
    Advantage Attack plus damage - (1d20+6)[7] or (1d20+6)[10] - (1d6+4)[7] damage
    Sneak attack damage (1d6)[3]
    Extra damage on crit - (1d6)[5] + (1d6)[5]

Bontar readies a javelin attack at the towerguard.
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+6)[26] - (1d6+4)[5] damage
    Extra damage on crit - (1d6)[5]

Faldar readies a blast at the towerguard, unless he is alread dead, then he blasts the fire priest.
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+6)[10] - (1d10+4)[11] force damage
    Extra damage on crit - (1d10)[4]

13. - Top - End - #43

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar advised his messenger, "Sync with the elf leader to attack."

The prophet fixed words of power in his mind, ready to spill Krono’s blood.

Greven Zhov

Greven pierced Zantos’ mind and whispered, “Fear not. It is Emissary Greven. Mind-speak when you are ready to release your magic. We will cast as one.”

The emissary whispered the words of power, drawing the energy of his mind into focus to obliterate consciousness in his enemies. He held this and waited for Zantos’s word.

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth formed the Watchers to support the direct assault, saying, "Slake the silt with their blood. They are unworthy to walk into the Light.".

He chanted a prayer to the Grey and harmonized his spirit with its vast void. He then stood where he could shift and release the doom of all who breathed in Athas.

Show

As Zantos moves into position, the prophets move into pos and ready spells to cast. Lazaar readies Magic Missile to strike survivors of Shatter.

Greven readies Sleep for when Zantos cues to cast his Shatter.

Qoh readies Toll the Dead to cast at a target who survives Greven’s spell.

magic missile - (1d4+1)[4] magic missile - (1d4+1)[5] magic missile - (1d4+1)[4] Sickening raze each target and distant raze to target human rabble milking the critter.

Sleep - (5d8)[18]

Toll the Dead (Wis Save DC 12)

Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-06-25 at 06:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Spoiler: Init
    Show

Init failed to roll, so here it is:

(1d20+2)[6] Lazaar

(1d20+2)[9] Greven

(1d20+1)[12] Qoh

Toll the Dead damage (1d8)[1] or (1d12)[7] if damaged (again Wis DC 12 save or take damage)

15. - Top - End - #45

BlueKnightGuy

"We were attacked!" the human man in the ragged hood tells the broader man wearing a skull as a helmet. The ganger limps up behind, looking at the ground in the wake of his fellow escapee.

The skull-headed man steps forward and looks at the trail of ink footprints. With a scowl he pulls out a totem of the Flame and a quabone. "You fools. You've been tracked." Looking past them to where their trail leads around the building, the flame cleric points at Lazaar and his retainers creeping out. "There they are. Everyone-" before he can say more, an arrow sails out from his right and sticks him in the side, causing him to gasp and nearly drop his totem. A split second later a second arrow sticks in next to the first, and he collapses.

Everyone nearby begins shouting. A Chatchka sails past the head of one of the psions on the towers as he ducks down, and spins through the air to sail back into Ptemke's waiting claw. The other psion is pulled from his stupor by the panic, and by the bolt of psionic force that whizzes past his head. "They're here! We're under attack!" A javelin flies up and strikes the dwarf in the chest - or rather strikes a rippling psionic barrier on his chest. The barrier flickers and fades, as the javelin loses its inertia and falls to the ground below him.

His shout is punctuated by a deafening boom as a wave of concussive force erupts from the air above the fallen cleric, driving him hard into the ground. Two of the humans next to him are blown up into the air and fall flat on their backs, unmoving, while the third covers his ears and braces himself, just barely withstanding the blast.

The man uncovers his ears just in time to hear an ominous ringing sound. His eyes start to glaze over, but he shakes his head and clears it away in time to see the returning ganger fall over midstride and land snoring on the ground. The man milking the carru falls up against the wall of the house next to him, asleep.

After surviving the blast, the ganger skids forward on his knees and slaps his fallen ally back into consciousness. "Get yourself together! Go wake him up!" he points at the man fallen over by the carru. Scampering to his feet, he runs over and shakes the scrawnier man by his shoulders.

Suddenly, three bolts of dark energy fly out. Two of them impact the two gangers in the chest and they fall over, clutching cracked ribs before falling unconscious. The third missile catches the milk man on the arms as he guards himself, and the ground around him turns a sickly ash color. Pulling his arms down, he unties the carru and points it towards the Prophets, then gives it a slap on the ass. "Yah!"

The startled animal charges forward, nearly trampling Greven. With fear in its eyes, the carru rears up and threatens the other two with its hooves. While it has them busy, the human turns and runs around the corner, skidding to a stop when he comes face to face with an ambush party of elves.

The dwarves on the east flank hear a clank as the lady Watcher accidentally stubs her toe on a bit of loose masonry. Two of them ready the greatclubs over their shoulders and draw closer, forming up to block the flank from being overrun. Behind the, a third dwarf takes out a stonebow and lobs a sling bullet over their heads, grazing Bontar on the shoulder. Seeing all the magic flying around, the dwarf retreats into the nearby building for cover.

Coming out around the corner with her club and shank, the lady makes up for her error. She draws close and, as the ready dwarf swings at her, bats his club away with her own. Then she uses the opening to drive her shank into his shoulder. Her friend comes up next to her and hefts the greatclub he took, but its weight is too unwieldy and the dwarf steps aside.

The dwarf on the west watchtower holds up a solid glass focusing orb and puts a finger to his temple as psi-energy glows in a halo around his head. "Flee," he commands Zantos, at the lead of the elves. But the command fails to take root in Zantos' mind. His counterpart to the east sends a mirrored blast back at Faldor, blowing up at the noble's feet and kicking up some sand.

Show
    Jiro shoots the Fire Cleric, dealing 9 damage and leaving him Bloodied.
    Ptekme throws a Chatchka at Killers Psi Warrior, missing. I rolled for his weapon and it returned to him.
    Faldar shoots an Eldritch Blast at Killers Psi Warrior, missing.
    Qaba shoots the Fire Cleric, dealing 8 damage and KO.
    Zantos casts Shatter on the middle cluster for 18 damage. One of the Gangers saves and stays up Bloodied, while the other one and the leftover Human Rabble go down.

Fire Cleric is down and cannot act, even though he passed Perception.

Qoheleth casts Toll the Dead on the surviving Human Ganger, but he passes his save.

Gladiatress was too far to notice the approach and cannot act.
    East Dwarf Rabble close in on the east group, holding their greatclubs at the ready.
    West Dwarf Rabble is surprised.

Greven casts Sleep, putting the leftover Ganger and the milking Human Rabble to sleep.
    Bontar tosses a Javelin at Killers Psi Warrior, dealing 10 critical damage.

Killers Gladiator is not visible.
    Killers Ganger slaps the other Killers Ganger awake.
    Killers Ganger slaps the Human Rabble awake.
    Dwarven Thug draws a stonebow and shoots Bontar for 4 damage, having to use some of his Dwarven Focus to hit. Then he falls back inside.

Lady Citizen approaches, triggering a Dwarven Rabble's readied attack. He misses.
    Lady Citizen attacks for 6 damage with her club and 3 with her shank, leaving Dwarven Rabble Bloodied.
    Male Citizen joins his buddy, but misses.

Lazaar casts Magic Missile, dealing 4 and 5 to the two Gangers and taking them out, and 4 to Human Rabble. I put the defiling area on the Rabble, assuming he wouldn't want to drop it on his own guys.

Killers Psi Warrior casts Command on Zantos, but Zantos passes his save.
    Killers Psi Warrior casts Eldritch Blast at Faldar, but misses.
    Crispy is not visible and cannot act.
    Human Rabble rolls Handle Animal and succeeds on ordering the Carru, then flees straight into the elves.
    Carru charges at Greven, but misses with its gore attack.
    Mul Rabble is not visible and cannot act.
    Magma Cleric is not visible and cannot act.

It is now the start of a new round.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Jiro - 21
    Ptemke - 19
    Faldar - 19
    Qaba - 18
    Zantos - 17
    Fire Cleric - 16
    Qoheleth - 12
    Killers Gladiatress - 11
    Dwarf Rabble - 10
    Greven - 9
    Bontar - 9
    Killers Gladiator - 9
    Killers Ganger - 9
    Dwarven Thug - 9
    Citizen - 8
    Lazaar - 6
    Killers Psi Warrior - 6
    Crispy - 6
    Human Rabble - 5
    Carru - 5
    Mul Rabble - 4
    Magma Cleric - 2

Spoiler: Stealth Checks
    Show
    I rolled for those who weren't Ptekme, rolling to beat the highest passive perception among those nearby their starting point. Each group of enemies who fails to notice will fail to act. Anyone inside automatically fails to act in the first round.

West Side: DC 11 (Dwarf Rabble, left Killers Psi Warrior, Killers Ganger)
    Ptekme - 25
    Zantos - 23
    Qaba - 26
    Jiro - 17

Bottom: DC 15 (Human Rabble, Killers Ganger, Fire Cleric, The Leftovers; Carru doesn't care)
    Lazaar - 4
    Greven - 17
    Qoheleth - 2

East Side: DC 11 (Dwarf Rabble, Killers Psi Warrior, Dwarven Thug)
    Faldar - 20
    Bontar - 12
    Lady Civilian - 10
    Male Civilian - 15

Only the west group is surprised and will not act in the first round.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-06-25 at 08:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar watched the chaos and scowled under his veil at the carru. He waited for his prophets to obstruct its path. He then moved behind the fresh mound and loosed a fire bolt at the gladiatress. The ground beneath the carru’s other foreleg withered.

Greven Zhov

The emissary gestures and a sandstone L-shaped wall appeared between the Carru and the two prophets.

Greven shifted his thoughts to Lazaar and whispered, “We will return the beast, Mar Ravoni.”

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth slashed with his hand and the sand buckled under the carru, rippling into a 5’ heap in front of it—and pitching its foreleg into a 5’ hole. He hissed, "Flee, vermin.".

Show

Qoh (12)

Mold Earth to excavate 5’ of earth from under Carru and heap it into a 5’ mound in space adjacent to Greven’s beginning position (directly in front of Carru in the empty square).

Greven (9)

Minor Illusion (object) of a 5’ high , 5’ wide L-shaped wall in the Carru’s space, joining with the wall of the building. Combined with the 5’ dirt heap, this should block its line of sight and negate OAs (“ You can make an opportunity attack when a hostile creature that you can see moves out of your reach.”)

Greven moves away toward cover.

Lazaar (6)

Moves behind the earthworks and casts firebolt at gladiatress
    (1d20+5)[24] (1d10)[10] (if a crit: (1d10)[6] )
    Sickening raze the gladiatress
    Distant raze to shift the defilement to the square under the carru’s foreleg on level ground (same space as the L-shaped wall illusion).

Finished image of team Arts and Crafts (hole, earthwork, false wall, and defilement):
    False wall and defiled area on the left square; hole on the right square. Fresh earthwork on the lower adjacent square.

Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-06-26 at 06:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist)
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian
    AC: 19 HP: 9/17
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue
    Speech

As Ptekme deftly plucks the Chatchka out of the air he realises the tower guard is now at an advantage. He closes some of the distance the prepare himself for leaping onto the tower, when suddenly he runs into another enemy (human rabble). More by instinct, then by thought, he tries to bite her with his mandibles.

Feeling pretty good about his throw Bontar watches in amazement as it doesn't seem to do much to the towerguard. In that short moment he let down his guard and gets hit by the stonebow.

Faldar shakes his head as he sees Bontar get hit again. "Bontar, stop goofing around. You're not getting old, are you?"
    At the same time he heals Bontar and throws a blast of energy at the dwarf rabble in front of him.

At the mention of the O-word, Bontar flies into a rage. "OLD AGE!! WHRAAAGGH!! Come here then, scumbags. Let me hammer you down a bit."
    He runs at the dwarf rabble and swings his maul with a brutal, overhead swing.

Show
    Initiatives
    Faldar 19
    Bontar 9
    Ptekme 19

Ptekme bites human rabble
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+6)[16] - (1d6+4)[6] piercing damage
    Extra damage on crit - (1d6)[3]

Faldar uses his last healing, bonus action (1d6)[3]
    And uses eldritch blast on the dwarf rabble
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+6)[18] - (1d10+4)[8] force damage
    Extra damage on crit - (1d10)[3]

Enter Rage (last one)
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+4)[17] - (2d6+5)[14] bludgeoning damage
    Extra damage on crit - (2d6)[8]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric

Jiro lets an arrow loose at the Killers Psi Warrior in the nearest tower, then moving north to stay with Zantos.

"Qaba, let's take out their ranged attacks."

Show
    Initiative: 21

He shoots the guard in the nearest tower. (2nd choice is human rabble near Ptekme)

Attack: (1d20+5)[8]

Damage (1d6+3)[8]

Qaba
    Elf Ranger

Qaba at first is taken back by Jiro giving tactical advice. But he agrees and is impressed that the cleric seems to have paid attention in their recent fights.

"Good idea. Then stay with Zantos."

Show
    initiative 18

He shoots the guard in the nearest tower. (2nd choice is human rabble near Ptekme, then closest dwarf rabble)

Attack: (1d20+6)[23]

Damage (1d8+4)[9]

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade
    OOC

Zantos runs north to attack the dwarf rabble,

"Follow me! Let's sweep around the tower and get to our allies."

Show
    Initiative 17

He attacks the dwarf rabble next to his new location.

Attack: (1d20+7)[11]

Damage (1d8+5)[7]

19. - Top - End - #49

BlueKnightGuy

The arrows fly up as the elves sweep across the open area, one flying past the dwarf and the other impacting him in the rib. Like his counterpart, a psionic field ripples and flickers before fading, the arrow falling to the ground. Ptekme moves up beneath the watchful eye of the tower and grabs the milk man, sinking deadly mandibles into the man's throat. With a halting scream, the man is dropped to the ground.

Zantos swings at the dwarf guarding the door to the left gatehouse building, but the dwarf narrowly tilts back, the edge of Zantos' weapon brushing the tip of his nose. The dwarf makes an awkward counterattack from his angle leaning backwards, which Zantos dodges around with ease.

The door behind the dwarf is thrown open and a gladiator with a bone parma steps out. With the bone scimitar in his other hand he lunges at Zantos, but the elf deftly evades his strike as well. Behind him, through the open door, Zantos can see Crispy on an elevated ledge behind a railing. Beneath him is a man in the dark robes of the Crematory. "You shouldn'ta followed me, elf!" Crispy calls down.

While Zantos is still recovering from the momentum of sidestepping the first lunge, the gladiator suddenly changes directions with an upwards slash across the elf's thigh. But instead his scimitar passes along a rippling barrier, and energy flows suddenly through the weapon, leaving traces of frost on the blade. The man's hand is rapidly covered in burning frost as he growls. "The elf is protected!" He recovers quickly from the damage, regaining his stance.

The ground behind Zantos' feet bursts as a psychic blast from the dwarf above impacts the earth. Another ganger runs across the bridge behind the gladiatress, rushing to Crispy's aid. The burnt gladiator descends the stairs and fires a ball of blue flame at Zantos. If sails past, fizzling out in the air behind him, as blue flames lick the air all around Crispy. None of the Killers seem affected, but Zantos and his crew feel a painful heat in the air. After his missed shot, Crispy takes a few steps back up the stairs.

The Crematory cleric steps up, with his staff in both hands. "Toil in the heat," he commands, and launches an invisible wave of convection at Zantos, causing his barrier to sizzle and pop.

Faldar knits Bontar's shoulder with healing light, the scrapes left by the sling bullet mending. The blast that follows impacts the enemy dwarf in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. He staggers back with an "Ouf," before regaining his balance and moving in to attack Faldar before his bodyguard can intervene. The greatclub swings inches from Faldar's head, and he can feel the force of the swing flow past him in the form of turbulence. Bontar responds by crushing the dwarf into the ground with his maul.

Behind the dwarves, another man of the Flame steps out of the building the dwarven thug fled into and turns to face the attackers. Brandishing his totem at the Watcher with the greatclub, he incants, "By Fire be purged!" A small ball of flame gathers around the totem, not seeming to burn the man's fingers, before it launches at its target and washes over his face. The man screams and grabs the right side of his face, where he will surely have a scar to mirror Crispy's should he survive.

Before the man has time to worry about his beautiful face, the dwarf comes back on the backswing and delivers a devastating uppercut with his club. The man falls backwards, buckling to the ground. His companion bares her teeth. She swings her club, cleanly clonking the dwarf across the side of the head and sending him to the ground. "Help him!" she shouts back at Faldar, before rushing the fire cleric with her shiv. Her stab catches on his cloak, tearing a hole in it.

Looking past her over the melee, the psion realigns his aim and sends a pulse of psychic force at Faldar a second time. This time it finds its mark, knocking Faldar upside the head and leaving him feeling dizzied.

Qoheleth's spell trips the carru forwards into a new dip into the ground, as a mound spells up to block its advance. Greven's illusion seems to fool it, as the cornered animal begins to back away. As Greven moves away from it just in case, a javelin falls short of him and sticks into the ground a few feet away. He can see the woman in her crested helmet up on her perch, loading another javelin into her atlatl. The dwarf with the stonebow emerges from inside, firing at Greven, but the stone flies past him and impacts the ground with a thud.

Lazaar steps fowards and draws the life from the ground beneath the carru, sickening and frightening the beast further. The energy is transfigured into eerie flames that sail towards the gladiatress, scalding her across one side of her chest.

More gangers emerge from the building next to Greven, assessing the situation, as their carru flees north, trampling some of the fallen.

Show
    Jiro fires at the Killers Psi Warrior, but misses.
    Ptekme bites Human Rabble for 6 damage, for a KO. He succeeds his save against poison, for what little it mattered.
    Faldar hits Dwarf Rabble with an Eldritch Blast, for 8 damage and leaving him Bloodied.
    Qaba fires at the Killers Psi Warrior, hitting for 9 damage.
    Zantos swings at Dwarf Rabble, but just barely misses.

Fire Cleric exits the building and casts Firebolt at Male Citizen, dealing 7 damage and Bloodying him.

Qoheleth casts Mold Earth, blocking the Carru.

Killers Gladiatress readies an action to fire when a target comes into her LoS.
    East Dwarf Rabble attacks Faldar, dealing 9 damage.
    East Dwarf Rabble attacks Male Citizen, dealing 9 damage and KO.
    West Dwarf Rabble swings at Zantos, but misses.

Greven casts Minor Illusion, confusing the Carru, then moves away. He triggers the Gladiatress' shot, but she misses.
    Bontar hits Dwarf Rabble for 14 damage, bringing it down to KO. Deja vu anyone?

Killers Gladiator emerges and swings at Zantos, but misses. He uses Action Surge to swing again, hitting for 3 damage and taking 10 in return from Armor of Agathys.
    Killers Gladiator recovers with his Second Wind.
    Killers Gangers dash from the northeast and southeast buildings towards the fights.
    Dwarven Thug shoots at Greven, but misses.

Lady Citizen strikes Dwarf Rabble for 6 damage and KO, then swings her offhand at the Fire Cleri for 3 damage.
    Lazaar Firebolts the Gladiatress for 10 damage, Bloodying her. Sickening Raze affects the defiled area, rather than the spell target, so the Carru takes the exhaustion.

East Killers Psi Warrior casts Eldritch Blast at Faldar, dealing 7 damage and Bloodying him.
    West Killers Psi Warrior casts Eldritch Blast at Zantos, but misses.
    Crispy casts Firebolt at Zantos, but misses. Flames lick the air and Zantos, Qaba and Jiro each take 1 passive fire damage.
    Human Rabble dash out of the southeast building.

Carru runs around in blind panic.

Mul Rabble exists, somewhere.
    Edit: Magma Cleric casts Produce Flame and hurls it at Zantos, dealing 4 damage and not yet ending his Armor.

Show
    Jiro - 21
    Ptemke - 19
    Faldar - 19
    Qaba - 18
    Zantos - 17
    Fire Cleric - 16
    Qoheleth - 12
    Killers Gladiatress - 11
    Dwarf Rabble - 10
    Greven - 9
    Bontar - 9
    Killers Gladiator - 9
    Killers Ganger - 9
    Dwarven Thug - 9
    Citizen - 8
    Lazaar - 6
    Killers Psi Warrior - 6
    Crispy - 6
    Human Rabble - 5
    Carru - 5
    Mul Rabble - 4
    Magma Cleric - 2
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-06-26 at 03:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric

Jiro moves up to the Killers Gladiator, waves his hand and yells, "BOOM!"

His voice echoes and grows louder, knocking into the Killers Gladiator, the Dwarf Rabble and the Magma Cleric.

Show

He casts Thunderwave doing (3d8)[13] damage (DC13 CON save for half, pushed back 10' on failed save) to the 15' cube starting just to his right and going up and right from there, getting the above enemies in the blast. If it can get Crispy too, include him. Some DMs let you cover half squares and some do not. If I can, then it would start halfway up the Killer Gladiator and Dwarf Rabble squares and reach halfway into Crispy's.

Qaba
    Elf Ranger

Qaba drops his longbow and rushes in, attacking with his tomahawks.

"Not without me, Jiro. You don't get all of the fun."

Show
    initiative 18

He attacks with his tomahawks. First choice is Killers Gladiator. If he already fell to the thunderwave, he keeps moving until he finds a suitable target, likely Magma Cleric then Crispy. (his token might need moved to pursue the enemy. He has moved 10' so far to where he is now).

Attack: (1d20+6)[8]

Damage (1d6+4)[9]

Offhand Attack: (1d20+6)[17]

Damage (1d6)[5]

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade
    AC: 16 HP: 26/26 THP: 2
    OOC

Zantos attacks the enemies around him.

"Let's go. We have them on the run now!"

Show
    Initiative 17

A couple of things might have happened before he goes.

First choice if no one moved is the dwarf rabble, then Killers Gladiator, then Magma Cleric, then Crispy. If thunderwave moved the enemies, he will not pursue dwarf rabble but instead go after Cleric, then Gladiator, then Crispy, but not exposing himself to an AOO to keep that order. Hope that makes sense.

Attack: (1d20+7)[25]

Damage (1d8+5)[11]

He still has Armor of Agathys, giving himself 2 temporary hit points. If someone hits him with a melee attack, they take 10HP of damage until my THP are gone.

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-06-26 at 04:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist)
    AC: 13 HP: 11/27
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian
    AC: 19 HP: 9/17
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue
    Speech

Having downed a surprised milkman, Ptekme quickly considers his strategy as the elves give it their all. Deciding to go for the towerguard, he quickly moves next to the stairs, jumps up and tries to bite the psionic warrior with his blood seeping mandibles.

Faldars gets hit twice, once by a blast from the tower and a rough hit from the dwarf that is currently bleeding out due to Bontar's ferocious attack. He's hurting pretty bad, and takes cover from the blast from the tower behind the building. While he's walking over, he notices the now dying civilian and takes a quick moment to stabilize him.

At the same time Bontar doesn't notice any of this. Not even the scream of Faldar as he is hit a second time. With foaming mouth he runs at the Fire cleric, heaving his maul up high he attempts to crack the clerics skull with a menacing downward blow. "DIE!!"

Show
    Initiatives
    Faldar 19
    Bontar 9
    Ptekme 19

Ptekme's bite
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+6)[18] - (1d6+4)[10] piercing damage
    Extra damage on crit - (1d6)[1]

Faldar uses spare the dying on the civilian

Bontars attack
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+4)[24] - (2d6+5)[13] bludgeoning damage
    Extra damage on crit - (2d6)[9]
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-06-26 at 04:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar surveyed the developments, preparing to vaporize the knot of warriors around Bontar. Should the barbarian prevail, he returned to removing the gladiatress and her altatl.

Greven Zhov

Greven cursed the gladiatress and hissed at the hole, ”Stay down if you wish to live.”

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth moved out from cover to interpose himself between combatants and the Mar. He slashed with his hand and the sand buckled under the ganger, rippling backward to heap over the other rabble. The prophet looked over to Bontar and spoke in the language of the Grey,
    Spoiler: Primordial
    Show
    "The Grey sustain you."

Show

Qoh (12)

Mold Earth to excavate 5’ of earth from under ganger and heap it into a 5’ mound over the rabble.

Healing Word to Bontar (1d4+2)[6]

Greven (9)

Cast Chill touch on Gladiatress [roll]1d20+5[/roll for (1d8)[7] necrotic and cannot regain HP (if crit (1d8)[4] )

Greven moves away toward cover.

Lazaar (6)
    If right tower guard and cleric are alive, cast Shatter to damage the three targets and hopefully destroy tower supports to drop the tower onto the dwarf rabble and cleric.

DC 13 Con save (disadv for objects and inorganics). (3d8)[17] on fail, half on save.

Sickening raze the targets
    Distant raze to shift the defilement to the two newcomers in their hole and heap.

If the cleric and/or towerguard is down, cast firebolt at gladiatress. (1d20+5)[24] to hit, (1d10)[1] fire (if crit (1d10)[3] ). Sicken raze gladiatress a second time and distant raze to the rabble.

23. - Top - End - #53

Spoiler: Chill Touch Roll
    Show
    Lost the bracket, so Chill Touch artack roll: (1d20+5)[9]

24. - Top - End - #54

BlueKnightGuy

Jiro steps forwards and his voice bursts outwards in a wave. Most of the crowd of foes hold their ground, but the dwarf is thrown aside and nearly keels over just from the force of his shout alone. Qaba capitalizes on the gladiator bracing against the blast with his shield to swing around it. One of his axes makes contact, cutting into the man's arm as he hisses through his teeth. Zantos' twirling blade follows through, leaving a gash across his chest through his tightly fitting leather armor, and the man falls to the ground.

Before they can get inside, the dwarf moves back into position in front of the door, that telltale dwarven stubbornness etched onto his face. Knowing Zantos is protected by a dangerous barrier, he instead drives his greatclub into Qaba's shoulder. The elf can feel it pop out of its socket, electric pain shooting through his body when he moves his left arm. The ganger hops down the stairs over Crispy's head and lands in front of the door. He jabs with his club, trying to punch Jiro in the chest with it, but the elf backs away too quickly to be caught. Growling, the thug reaches out and grabs Jiro by his collar, violently yanking him closer.

Ptekme leaps to the top of the tower and lunges for the dwarf standing watch, who guards with his arm. The large mandibles sink in and rip off a chunk of flesh, causing the dwarf to scream in pain and clutch the injury as it bleeds onto the floor of the watchtower and dribbles down into the sand. Just as he's pulling back from the bite, a javelin impacts the kreen in the chest and throws him back, pinning him up against the wooden paneling of the watchtower. His consciousness fades in and out, before going black.

Turning away from the fallen bug, the dwarf pulls himself together and focuses on Zantos through his orb. Through the glass a floating reticle forms upon the elf, and Zantos feels a chill run down his spine. But the dwarf's aim is not helped by his growing blood loss, and the shot flies past to strike the ground.

Crispy moves down and sends a wave of blue flames out the open door with a wave of his hands, scorching even the fallen gladiator. A shout of primal fury rumbles out of the man's throat as his burnt eye flares up brilliantly in blue fire. "Burn!" Flames linger in the air, licking at the elves and wearing them down. Jiro falls under the hellish heat, while Qaba manages to stay standing.

There is a snort of frenzy and the carru running around runs into the watchtower while jumping and bucking to react to threats and noise in all directions. The dwarf on top staggers as the tower shakes, and falls to land with a thud behind Zantos, knocked unconscious by the fall.

"Wither and fade, servants of the false lords," the Magma Cleric condemns the elves, and Qaba feels his body shudder and weaken under the divine rebuke. Zantos, however, seems to shrug off the effects.

At Faldar's psychic urging, his fallen ally stops bleeding, his wounds clotting into scabs to prevent excess blood loss. Even as he does, he feels a sudden dip in pain as his wounds turn grey and reform, as if tracing back the sands of time to their previous state. The work of the Vicar, perhaps.

The cleric before them motions his hands towards the earth and chants primally, willing a flame to erupt beneath the lady. She jumps and dances aside, only getting slightly singed. From the building a fourth dwarf appears, swinging at her with his club. But she sees him coming early and sidesteps the swing.

Bontar's stomping footsteps prelude his arrival as he drives his hammer into the flame priest's skull. His skeletal helmet cracks and just barely saves him from being split open like a melon, but he goes down hard into the ground bleeding from cuts left by its shattered bone. Another burst of psychic force from above flies past Bontar, impacting the sand next to him.

Dropping his stonebow on the ground to close in on the lady standing over the fallen cleric, the dwarven thug pulls a quabone from his waistband and swings at her with both hands. She blocks with her club, and the dwarf's bone weapon shatters on impact, leaving him stunned and embarrassingly unarmed. Breaking into a grin, the Watcher presses the attack, swinging and scraping at the dwarf's armor with both weapons in a confident flurry.

"Hey," she calls back to Faldar, "It looks like the others are in trouble. Leave this to me and the dwarf!"

Qoheleth's manipulation of the sands proves insufficient, as the two humans catch their footing and avoid getting stuck or slowed down. A second javelin flies past Greven as he falls back, sinking into the sand. A spectral, skeletal hand sails towards the gladiatress as she tucks her atlatl away and draws a pair of bone daggers from her sides. She slashes through it, dismissing the apparition. Right behind it follows a small bolt of fire that impacts her right where she was burned before and causes her to cry out in pain. Small as the new burn is, new pain erupts from already singed nerves.

The ganger pulls himself out of the hole he'd been dropped into and combat rolls to his feet, rushing at Qoheleth. Swinging his club, he cracks the vicar across the chest, and follows up with a punch to the face that leaves his hand just as read and bruised-looking as the vicar's face after hitting his hard scales. "What in the Dragon's silty arse are you things?!"

The human behind him stumbles away from the greying ashen dirt pile and swings at Qoheleth, missing the first time, then delivering a clumsy haymaker to the eye the second time. The dray vicar goes down. "Dudn't matter, chum, they bleed like the rest." He says, wiping his bloody knuckle on his shirt.

Behind them a mul staggers out of what must be a bunkhouse, because he's half asleep and rubbing his eyes, and has forgotten his weapons. He stares around at the scene of carnage, agape.

Show
    Jiro casts Thunderwave to his right and upwards into the building. The Gladiator, Magma Cleric and Crispy pass their saves and take 4, while the Dwarf Rabble takes the full 9 damage and is shoved away. The Dwarf Rabble is Bloodied, and Crispy was still Bloodied from the previous fight.
    Ptemke hops up onto the tower and bites the Killers Psi Warrior for 10 damage, Bloodying him.
    Faldar stabilizes Male Citizen.
    Qaba attacks Killers Gladiator, missing with the first swing but hitting with the second for 5 damage and leaving him Bloodied again.
    Zantos attacks Killers Gladiator, hitting for 11 damage and a KO.

Fire Cleric casts Create Bonfire under Lady Citizen, who fails her save and takes 1 fire damage.

Qoheleth casts Mold Earth to trip up Human Ganger and obstruct Human Rabble. The Ganger passes a Dex save against small falling damage, and the Rabble passes a Strength save to avoid getting slowed down.
    Qoheleth casts Healing Word on Faldar*(see OOC) for 6 healing.

Killers Gladiatress uses her Second Wind and Action Surge, hurling two javelins. One strikes Ptemke, critically hitting for 12 damage and a KO. The other misses Greven.
    West Dwarf Rabble strikes Qaba using some Dwarven Focus, for 9 damage, Bloodying him.
    East Dwarf Rabble swings at Lady Citizen, but misses.

Greven casts Chill Touch at Killers Gladiatress, but misses.
    Bontar swings at Fire Cleric, obliterating him with a 21 damage crit, just a few shy of an instant kill. The Cleric is KO'd.

West Killers Ganger swings at Jiro with his club, but misses. He makes an offhand unarmed strike, hitting for 1 damage.
    South Killers Ganger strikes Qoheleth for 7 damage, Bloodying him. An offhand unarmed strike deals another 1 damage.
    Dwarven Thug swings at Lady Citizen, rolling a nat 1 and breaking his bone weapon.

Lady Citizen strikes the Dwarven Thug for 1 and 3 damage.
    Lazaar casts Firebolt at the Gladiatress, dealing 1 damage, returning her to Bloodied and sickening the Human Rabble with his Defiling area.

East Killers Psi Warrior casts Eldritch Blast at Bontar, missig.
    West Killers Psi Warrior casts Hex on Zantos, followed by an Eldritch Blast that misses despite using some Dwarven Focus. Zantos has disadvantage on Charisma checks while the Hex lasts.
    Crispy casts Burning Hands, hitting the fallen Killers Gladiator, as well as Jiro and Qaba, for 12 damage. Qaba passes his save and takes half, leaving him Bloodied, but Jiro goes down. The elves all take 1 fire damage from KFC's finger-lickin' aura and Jiro takes 1 failed Death Save from the damage.
    Human Rabble takes two punches at Qoheleth, missing once and critting the second time for 2 damage and a KO.

Carru rams into the west watchtower in its panicked rampage. The dwarf fails a Dex save and falls backwards, taking 8 falling damage and is KO'd.

Mul Rabble emerges, unarmed.
    Magma Cleric casts Bane on Qaba and Zantos. Qaba is affected and takes -1d4 to his attacks and saves. Zantos passes his save.

It is the start of a new round. The tide is turning in a bad direction. Can the teams pull through?

Show
    Jiro - 21
    Ptemke - 19
    Faldar - 19
    Qaba - 18
    Zantos - 17
    Fire Cleric - 16
    Qoheleth - 12
    Killers Gladiatress - 11
    Dwarf Rabble - 10
    Greven - 9
    Bontar - 9
    Killers Gladiator - 9
    Killers Ganger - 9
    Dwarven Thug - 9
    Citizen - 8
    Lazaar - 6
    Killers Psi Warrior - 6
    Crispy - 6
    Human Rabble - 5
    Carru - 5
    Mul Rabble - 4
    Magma Cleric - 2
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-06-26 at 11:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist)
    AC: 13 HP: 17/27
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian
    AC: 19 HP: 16/17
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue
    AC: 17 HP: 0/10
    Conditions: Unconsious Live counters [ ] [ ] [ ] Death counters [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Speech

Ptekme is hit hard and is now fighting for his life on an instinctual level.

At the same time, Faldar sees Bontar smashing up the fire cleric, removing a big problem on the west flank. "Good, I knew you weren't that old!", Faldar grins to himself. A shock of relief hits him as he is suddenly healed by someone else, probably one of the robed figures. But he doesn't have to look as things go haywire on the other side of the square. Intense close combat fighting has ensued and Ptekme seems to have dropped out of sight. Unsure whether he is hiding or fallen Falder dashes to the east flank, leaving Bontar and the woman to clean up.

Bontar on the other hand has no clue about what's going on beyond several feet away from him. While dodging another blast, his gladiatorial instincts take over. Swinging his maul around him to build up momentum he circles the dwarven thug. Finally letting the maul come swinging in low, aiming at the hip of the unfortunate dwarf.

Show
    Ptekme death saving throw (not sure if we roll them or you, ignore this otherwise) (1d20)[12]

Faldar dashes across

Bontar moves around (probably triggering AoO from the dwarf Rabble
    Gaining advantage from flanking on the attack.
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+4)[11] or (1d20+4)[18] - (2d6+5)[16] bludgeoning damage
    Extra damage on crit - (2d6)[11]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 0/10
    Conditions: KO

Jiro lies there bleeding.

"aargh"

Show

Death save (1d20)[15]

Qaba
    Elf Ranger
    AC: 15 HP: 4/12

Qaba drops his tomahawks, avoids attacks as he moves away, picks up his bow and retreats.

"Boss. We've gotta go!"

Show
    initiative 18

Action to Disengage. Object interaction to pick up the bow he dropped a couple rounds ago. Then retreat and collapse prone along the side of the building.

I'm not sure how you run diagonal movement, but however you do it, he should be able to stay out of melee from the current enemy he is engaged with since his movement is 40'. Drops prone so ranged attacks have disadvantage.

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade
    AC: 16 HP: 26/26 THP: 1
    OOC

Seeing his crew dead or fleeing, Zantos steps over the downed Killers Gladiator and attacks Crispy before fleeing.

"Qaba! Well, damn ok."

Show
    Initiative 17

He attacks the Killers Gladiator, (edit: I missed that he was down, Zantos will step forward and attacks Crispy) then flees without disengaging. The first to take an opportunity attack takes 10 damage.

Attack: (1d20+7)[23] (I think hex disadvantage is gone since Killers Psi is KO'd)

Damage (1d8+5)[11]

He still has Armor of Agathys, giving himself 1 temporary hit points. If someone hits him with a melee attack, they take 10HP of damage and my THP are gone.

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-06-27 at 07:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar saw the reinforcements break forth and fell his priest. He reached into Greven’s mind and declared, ”Cut them down and swing around behind the building.”

He then threw three bolts into the unworthy before he moved along the building.

Greven Zhov

Greven prepared to make the rabble pay for their insolence when his master’s command filled his mind. He threw a spectral hand at the ganger and retreated.

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth dropped from the blows of the insolent, but the spirit of the vicar raged in an effort to rouse its mortal cage.

Show

Qoh (12)

death save - (1d20)[15]

Greven (9)

Cast Chill touch on ganger (1d20+5)[9] for (1d8)[4] necrotic and cannot regain HP (if crit (1d8)[1])

Greven moves away around the building.

Lazaar (6)

Cast Magic Missile into the two sods. Two into the rabble and one into the ganger. (1d4+1)[5] (1d4+1)[3] (1d4+1)[5]
    Sicken raze them both
    Offset defilement to incorporate them and not Qoh.

Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-06-27 at 02:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

BlueKnightGuy

Things rapidly turning for the worse, Qaba beats feet away while Zantos steps in to take the opening at Crispy. The man recklessly hefts his carrikal in both hands to attack, before Zantos' scimitar cuts him across his exposed chest. Dropping the weapon behind him in shock, Crispy spits out an incomprehensible insult or expletive, then falls over.

Turning around, Zantos breaks off. Unaware of his barrier, the ganger takes a swing at him. His club makes contact and shatters Zantos' barrier. Shards of frost form in the air out of the broken field and fly into the ganger, peppering him with freezing impacts. The dwarf outside the door tries to follow up, but he waits too long for the barrier to vanish and Zantos is already gone when he swings.

Following Zantos outside, but very conscious of his grievous wounds, the ganger grabs Jiro's bow and quiver and ducks around the corner of the building. He peeks around and clumsily takes a shot at Zantos, but his untrained hand only sees the arrow fall flat at his feet as the bow misfires. Flushing with embarrassment, he slides back into cover.

Faldar crosses the no-man's land in the middle of the outpost, littered with the bodies of the fallen and with the carru still running around in a mix of rage and panic. He sees the gladiatress on her perch, out of ammo, running into the building on the east of the bridge.

One of the dwarves comes up on the carru and shouts, startling it away. The frightened beast turns in the opposite direction, running headlong towards Faldar. The psion barely swerves out of the way in time for the beast's horns to meet empty air, its wild eyes inches from Faldar's own.

On the east side, the dwarf takes two swings at Bontar as he moves away to focus on the same opponent as his ally. Only one of them comes close, the wind brushing his ear. The gambit pays off as his hammer drives into the less well-armored back of the now-unarmed thug, sending him toppling to the ground and nearly on top of the lady as she hops back.

Turning around to face the last dwarf in their crowd, she takes a few swings at him, as he ducks and weaves out of the way, blocking he club with his own.

The psion above holds out his crystal sphere, targeting Bontar. For him it works out better than his colleague, a psychic blast throwing Bontar back with undeniable force as veins of grey spread out from the impact point. Bontar lands on his side, unmoving.

The skeletal hand of Greven's spell chases after the ganger, but he ducks around it. He gives chase to the dray, following him behind the building. "You're not getting away, you freaky little ****!" A bolt of magic strikes him from behind, but doesn't slow his pursuit.

Before the other human can follow, two bolts strike him twice in the chest and face, leaving him with a bloody, broken nose. Groaning, he takes a rock from a bag at his side and hurls it, taking cover behind the dirt mount Qoheleth made earlier. The rock lands on Lazaar's foot, stubbing his toe, but dealing no major damage.

The tired mul sees the man flinging stones at Lazaar and puts two and two together. Balling up his fists, he stomps towards the defiler.

Show
    Jiro passes a Death Save.
    Ptekme passes a Death Save.
    Faldar dashes towards the West Side.
    Qaba moves away and shoots at Dwarf Rabble missing, then drops prone.
    Zantos strikes Crispy for 11 damage and KO, the moves away, provoking from Human Ganger and Dwarf Rabble. Human Ganger hits for 7 damage and takes 10 in return, Ganger is Bloodied. Dwarf Rabble misses.
    Qoheleth passes a Death Save.

Killers Gladiatress moves into the northeast building.

West Dwarf Rabble makes a Handle Animal check on the carru, succeeding in directing it.
    East Dwarf Rabble attacks Bontar, dealing 3 damage after resistance. He has now used the last of his Dwarven Focus.

Greven casts Chill Touch at Human Ganger, but misses.
    Bontar strikes Dwarven Thug for 16 damage, a KO.

South Killers Ganger dashes after Greven.
    West Killers Ganger picks up Jiro's bow and fires at Zantos, missing.

Lady Citizen swings twice at Dwarf Rabble, but misses both.
    Lazaar casts Magic Missile, dealing 5 damage to Killers Ganger and 9 to Human Rabble, Bloodying the latter. Ganger moved away, so his Sickening Raze catches only the Human Rabble, increasing his exhaustion to 2 (3 in defiled areas).

Killers Psi Warrior casts Hex on Bontar, giving him disadvantage on Strength ability checks (but not attacks) and then casts Eldritch Blast, using his last Dwarven Focus to hit for 10 force and 5 necrotic damage, KO'ing Bontar. He gets to change his Hex target for free next turn.
    Human Rabble throws a rock at Lazaar, dealing 3 damage.

Carru attempts to gore and trample Faldar, but misses.

Mul Rabble makes his way towards Lazaar.
    Magma Cleric stabilizes Crispy.

It is the start of a new round.

Show
    Jiro - 21
    Ptemke - 19
    Faldar - 19
    Qaba - 18
    Zantos - 17
    Fire Cleric - 16
    Qoheleth - 12
    Killers Gladiatress - 11
    Dwarf Rabble - 10
    Greven - 9
    Bontar - 9
    Killers Gladiator - 9
    Killers Ganger - 9
    Dwarven Thug - 9
    Citizen - 8
    Lazaar - 6
    Killers Psi Warrior - 6
    Crispy - 6
    Human Rabble - 5
    Carru - 5
    Mul Rabble - 4
    Magma Cleric - 2

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist)
    AC: 13 HP: 17/27
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian
    AC: 19 HP: 0/17
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue
    AC: 17 HP: 1/10
    Speech

Still breathing Ptekme suddenly recovers slightly and wakes up. Hearing the sounds of battle around him, he quickly hides behind the scaffolding of the tower.

Almost half way to the other side, Faldar hears a horrible scream from Bontar. Now Bontar always screams a lot in combat, but this doesn't sound like screams of rage. No, these sounds like pain and nearing death. Immediately Faldar spins on his feet. Ptekme could still be hiding, but Bontar surely is in trouble. Faldar runs over and uses his last spell to get him back on his feet.

With a scream, Bontar wakens. The last thing he remembered being a blast of energy knocking him down and taking a huge toll on his body. The blast came from the tower. He gets up on wobbly legs and slowly moves to the tower. Although he is now much to blurry to be raging he screams anyway. And slams his maul into the wooden tower leg.

Show
    Ptekme death saving throw (1d20)[20]
    He then hides (rolled 18 below) and carefully peaks over the boarding to see what is happening.

Faldar moves and uses Cure wounds on Bontar. (1d8+4)[9]

Bontar init is after Faldar. Half move to get up. 20 ft left to move to the tower.
    Attack plus damage - (1d20+4)[15] - (2d6+5)[13] bludgeoning damage
    Extra damage on crit - (2d6)[7]

Last edited by Moranica; 2020-06-27 at 04:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Ptekme rolls
    Show
    Ptekme hiding rolls
    [hiding with advantage roll]1d20+8[/roll] or (1d20+8)[17]