Conditions: --
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    AC: 17 HP: 5/10
    PP: 13 PIv: 16 PIs: 13
    Speech

Bontar sits up, makes some growling noises and turns over, obviously not very awake yet. Faldar on the other hand has slept like a child, and is woken up by the thri-kreen who has been on guard besides him throughout the night.

"Uhm, goodmorning. Is that you Ravi? Please do come in! I'm still dressed, so pardon me if I look a bit ruffled. How are you? How did you end up here?"
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-07-15 at 01:41 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Raam: The City of Anarchy IC

The door opens up and Ravi steps inside, flanked by a pair of Watchers. The three of them are carrying trays of food, which they set down on the floor of the room. The two Watchers bow to Faldar and shuffle outside, while Ravi speaks more quietly so as not to interrupt those still sleeping. "We've prepared some food for our guests. It is a humble affair, but I hope it's enough to prepare you for the day," she whispers. Folding her hands in front of her, she looks around at those still sleeping and asks, "Do you want to step outside, Faldar? I hoped we could catch up."

The food is a soup, some sort of meat diced up in a watery broth, with corn ground up into the liquid. There are some bones soaking in the broth to give it some extra flavor, but it still looks rather thin. Still, it's food and hydration in one.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    AC: 13 HP: 20/27
    PP: 13 PIv: 12 PIs: 11
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    AC: 19 HP: 10/27[
    PP: 14 PIv: 9 PIs: 12
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Faldar signals to Ptekme to wake those up that aren't awake. Ptekme responds with a strange chirping sound that slowly increases in volume. He gets an immediate reaction from Bontar. "Noo, stop it. I'm awake now, .. I'm awake."

Faldar smiles at Ravi, and follows her outside.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    AC: 14 HP: 26/26 THP: 0
    PP: 11 PIv: 9 PIs: 9
    Spell Slots, 2nd: 2/2
    OOC

Zantos wakes up in a cheerful mood, gets up, carries his bowl of soup from Jiro, and follows Faldar out of the tent.

"Morning everyone!"

When he gets outside, "What's the plan boss?" as he looks between Faldar and Ravi, not realizing that he likely just interrupted something.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 1
    AC: 17 HP: 10/10
    PP: 15 PIv: 12 PIs: 13
    Eye of Storm: 3 / 3
    Spell Slots, 1st: 2/2

Jiro gets up slowly and starts serving soup to everyone,

"Qaba, they brought us breakfast."

Show

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    AC: 15 HP: 21/21
    PP: 14 PIv: 13 PIs: 14

Qaba opens an eye, sees that there is no danger, and keeps sleeping. The camp is safe, his gear is ready. He'll let others talk for a while before he gets up.

"Save me some soup. Wake me up 5 minutes before we leave."

Show

5. - Top - End - #155

BlueKnightGuy

Ravi walks outside, leading Faldar just off to the side of the building they'd been staying in and leaning up against the corner of the building next to the palisade. "So what brought you out this way in-" she begins to ask, when Zantos emerges and slides into the conversation. Concealing any annoyance she smiles and returns him a cheerful, "Good morning."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

[QUOTE=Theophilus;24604425]
    Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard
    AC: 14 HP: 18/18
    PP: 11 PIv: 15 PIs: 11

Lazaar awakened, rinsed his scales, and opened his scroll rod. He laid this upon a stone table and produced a bone sphere. He held the sphere in one hand as he read over the scroll, focusing his mind on the faint impressions and grooves carved into the orb. He had cut them thinly so at to conceal the rubbings, his wisdom and means of emulating the cunning of Dregoth. The secrets to shattering defenses, erecting wards, and snaring foes refilled his mind like a flaming well. Once the eldritch constructs blazed in his memory, the Mar Ravoni concealed his tools about his person and headed for the surface.

Greven Zhov
    Dray Aberrant Mind Sorcerer
    AC: 15 HP: 7/7
    PP: 11 PIv: 11 PIs: 13

Greven arose, grateful for the work of the vicars. His mental energies flowed with renewed vitality, and he leveraged this to form arcane music in his room while he dressed. The emissary then maneuvered down the tunnels to await the stirring of his master for another day of work. When Lazaar emerged, he bowed and intoned, "The Dawn break before you, Mar Ravoni."

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 15/15
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 14
    Conditions: ---

Qoheleth rose and stood in the twilight when the world remained Grey. In this fleeting moment, neither the night winds ripped the heat from the living, nor the Athasian sun scorched their hides. The Grey provided a strange comfort to the living, a balm that would extend into death. This was the sacred moment, and the vicar prostrated himself in the silt and felt its embrace against his scales. As he chanted, the sands swirled about him, rising and lowering like tides on the Sea of Silt. They then settled as the Grey infused his soul, and the Vicar rose in power to deal with the demands of the day.

When Mar Ravoni appeared with Greven, he joined them and set about meeting with Faldar and the others. The journey to the noble district would be rife with dangers. He greeted Zantos, Faldar, and the Shepherdess, who seemed to be deep into discussions. "The Dawn break before you, and the Grey strengthen you. How were your rests?"

Show
    The prophets will arrive several minutes into whatever discussion Faldar, Zantos, and Ravi have, so as not to short change Faldar's conversation with Ravi.
    Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-07-16 at 10:32 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Faldar blushes a bit as he feels caught by Zantos. "Uhm, Zantos, could you go and find the Mar Ravoni for me and start discussions on how to deal with Korno? Take Bontar with you as well if you like. He is familiar with the gladiatorial mindset, even though he doesn't remember much about his young days in the arena. I will join you guys shortly."

8. - Top - End - #158

BlueKnightGuy

As Faldar dismisses Zantos with a task, Ravi tries to start up again. "So, I think I was saying, what brings you to this part of the city?"

Down in the tunnels, members of the raiding parties bow and greet the Mar Ravoni as he passes. These dray are unmasked, instead wearing armor and dark, concealing clothes. Atop the entrance of the tunnel, an attendant is waiting with a tray of food for the Mar Ravoni's party, a ration of soup to give them energy to start the day. The preacher bows low, holding the tray above his head. "The Dawn break before you, Mar Ravoni."

With their bowls of warm food, they emerge into the light of day, at first stinging and blinding their eyes as they adjust from their darkvision.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-07-16 at 04:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Shuffling a bit with his feet, Faldar is obviously nervous. "Yes, good question. I .. We didn't plan to stop here at all originally. But after picking up a new crew, we got ambushed badly. Several times. The Mar Ravoni was ambushed with us, we fought together, and that's how we ended up here. For your sake though, I hope that's not how you got here. So, today, we'll probably move on back home. .... you know. If you want, you can come with us. It's safer, and less rough ... and I will be there. .." He then start stammering a bit, before regaining his composure. "Sorry, that came out to direct. First, please, tell me your story. How did you get here? With the prophets?"
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-07-16 at 05:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

BlueKnightGuy

At Faldar's words, Ravi's face grows grim and she lets out a short, humorless laugh. "I am afraid I must disappoint you on one count. It was precisely an ambush that brought me here," she begins, hands still held folded together in front of her. "I'm sure you know by now, but during the initial riots, my family's House was one of those that fell before Vespos' mercenary forces could secure the district. I tried to leave the city with some of my kin, but alas, the gates were no safer. Time or blade has since separated us."

Steeling herself a bit, she gets to the crux of the story, "I lived for some time scrounging what I could. One day while trying to get water from one of the fountains in this district, I was attacked by raiders of House Urvus. I told them who I was, but they didn't care. I..." Ravi shudders. "I fear what might have happened, were Psekothey and her guards not out to collect extra water that day. Ah - you have not met her yet. Psekothey is one of the Prophets' Vicars, a Rain priestess."

With a sigh, Ravi shakes her head, "And so, as much as I want to go with you, I owe Psekothey much. She saved me from a terrible fate, and has been a good friend and mentor. My help here is the least I can do to repay her." Regaining some small cheer, she smiles. "But if you are indeed an ally of the Mar Ravoni, I am sure we will still see each other."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

As Ravi tells her story Faldar feel anger boil up inside him. Anger, because he wasn't there to protect her, but also disappointment at the realization that she wouldn't come with him. It hits him pretty hard, but he tries to steel himself. "I can't believe this happened to you as well. The situation is worse then I thought! Those Urvus dogs, they will pay for this. You can bet on that, Ravi. They'll pay!" A long silence follows, where Faldar stares at her, not knowing what to say. "I guess, I was hoping you'd come with me. But it's good that you want to pay off your debts. I'll visit you from time to time, if that is ok. And me and the Mar Ravoni will be working together, so I guess may grant me access to this camp. It is nice seeing you Ravi. It really is."
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-07-17 at 02:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

BlueKnightGuy

With a sad smile, Ravi reaches up to place one of her hands against his cheek. "I look forward to your next visit. Maybe you'll be able to stay longer," she says, lowering her arm and looking aside as she hears someone approach. It's the Mar Ravoni's party, and Ravi bows. "The Dawn break before you, Mar Ravoni."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The elves are in the room packing up their gear, eating soup, and getting ready for the day.

14. - Top - End - #164

Greven answers Ravi, ”The Dawn uplift you, Shepherdess.”

He then looks at Faldar, “And you as well, nobleman. We hope you are ready for the journey. Our enemy lays bold work that we ought undo.”

Lazaar and Qoheleth stood behind Greven, freshly attired and shrouded as usual. The Vicar wore the emblems of fire and magma inverted under his Silt symbol, trophies of their previous victory.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Faldar smiles warmly at Ravi's kind words. "I will try to be here often, if my work allows for it. My house will be open to you as well, should you want to visit."

At that moment the Mar Ravoni arrives ending the conversation with Ravi. Faldars face becomes serious and focused. He realizes that today, plans will be made that could impact the future of his House, and of Raam. "I am ready, Mar Ravoni. Me and my men are ready to deal with this problem. I will get them and together we can discuss our plans."

Faldar then quickly heads off to pick up the elves and his bodyguards, before returning.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-07-20 at 06:57 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

BlueKnightGuy

With their group gathered, they begin their travels once again. For daylight burns, and night is no safer in the City of Anarchy. Beasts and worse stalk the dark, when the common man cannot see. But of course, some of the group's number know this all too well...

The old, weathered streets of the poor town welcome them outside of the encampment's makeshift walls. Today, no vangals or gangers arrive to greet them. A few surviving citizens picking through trash and rubble for anything useful quickly vacate the area when the large caravan strides through. Behind them, the Kank pulls its wagon and the Carru trundles along, following Qaba, who has its reins.

It is a little less than half an hour since they set out when they arrive at an old fountain, still functioning and running with water. Given its proximity to the Prophets, perhaps the selfsame fountain that Ravi spoke of in her story. To their left is a broken down building, that looks like something large and mighty crashed through it. Further ahead, across the western main street, is the Psiumarkh campus, protected by a wall.

Yet the group is not alone at the fountain. An old man with a thick mustache and numerous scars is being held over the water by a thri-kreen, while he takes a drink. At first it is a bizarre scene, before it becomes more bizarre when it is apparent that the man drinking lacks any limbs. This arms and legs have been severed, some at different points along the arm than others. The thri-kreen holding him is equally scarred, but has suffered no loss of limb, only a grisly wound to its eye that has since hardened into a jagged scar. Both men (if indeed the thri-kreen is male; Ptekme can tell that he is, but to the others it may remain a mystery) are clad in another curiosity: iron armor, emblazoned with symbols of a moth perched in a tree.

Neither displays any fear at their arrival.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC

Zantos looks at Ptekme and Qaba.

"Perhaps those that speak Thri-kreen should talk to them before we just steal their iron armor."

Show

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 1

Jiro studies the water in the fountain, making sure everyone has a full waterskin, before trying to recall the symbol on the mens' armor.

"Qaba, let us know what they say."

Show
    History or Religion (1d20+4)[10]

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2

Qaba nods at Ptekme and goes up to the insect and the man, wondering if the Thri-kreen is caring for this man or keeping him as food for later. He decides to go with thee first. Speaking in the common tongue, he addresses the strangers as he fills up his waterskin in the fountain.

"Good day to you both. Those are impressive scars. What creature gave those to you? The same that took your limbs, sir?"

Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=Moranica;24622049]
    Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

After a quick nod from Qaba and Faldar, Ptekme steps forward as well and addresses the thri-kreen in thri-kreen. "Hello, fellow hunter. From what clutch are you born? And what are you wearing? I have not seen this sign before."

Bontar is the one to actually pick up on the rarity of the material. He whispers to Faldar. "This seems strange. They look like worn out gladiators, thrown to the wind. But at the same time they are unbelievably rich."
    Last edited by Moranica; 2020-07-20 at 04:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

BlueKnightGuy

The thri-kreen lifts the man up from the water when addressed, resting him on the edge of the fountain and keeping two arms on him to keep him steady. The man swallows a gulp of water and clears his throat. In an old, worn, wheezy voice he squeezes out, "Many wounds I have suffered... in the pursuit.... of Justice." He puts extra power and importance into the one word, as though a name rather than just a description. After catching his breath the man looks as though he's about to continue before losing his track of thought. "And... who are you?"

While the two of them speak in common, the thri-kreen uses his other two arms to fill a pair of their own waterskins from the fountain. He answers Ptekme in their own language, his grasp of it seeming amateurish at best, as if taught by someone who wasn't a thri-kreen. "I was made in no clutch. I am the Hand." He looks down, the darker eyespots within his large, bulbous eyes flicking downwards to the symbol as Ptekme inquires. "If you do not, you should not, know."

Spoiler: Jiro Knowledge
    Show
    At least, Jiro can be certain it is not the crest of any city or king he recognizes. What it does symbolize is unknown to him.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2

Qaba notices that the man does not seem distressed by the insect and they seem to be cooperating, so he assumes the man and the Thri-kreen must be together. As he finishes filling up his waterskin, he continues the conversation.

"Justice is a noble cause, but there are many injustices in this world. Perhaps too many to count. In whose name do you seek justice? And maybe more importantly, who do you seek it from? Forgive me. My name is Qaba, these are my friends Jiro, Ptekme and Bontar. Behind us are Zantos and Faldar and the prophet Mar Ravoni with his followers."

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Ptekme stares several seconds before figuring it out. "No clutch? The hand? Are you thri-kreen? We live, we hunt, we kill, we eat. I do not understand. What are you?"

At the same time, Faldar listens intently, sharing some quick eye contact and showing approval at Qaba's initiative. His focus really is on the conversation that Qaba is having. While Ptekme is communicating as well, Faldar couldn't understand any of it. And using a spell at this point would take too much time. Besides, while Ptekme has always proven his value, his methods are his own. Faldar still had trouble fully understanding the thri-kreen's mind.

22. - Top - End - #172

BlueKnightGuy

Hand watches Ptekme, shifting uncomfortably. In kreen he tries to explain more clearly, "Hatch, no clutch. Alone. Hand, they call me. Hunt for justice, protect." Finished filling their waterskins, Hand attaches them both to his belt and picks up his charge, using straps on the back of the old human's armor to carry him like a backpack.

"In whose name... in the name of all. For all of us!" the old man announces loudly, coughing at the strain on his voice. "Justice. Justice! Even in injustice... there is... justice! Yes! Just waiting... to happen!" The episode of excited mania passes as swiftly as it began, the man perhaps losing his thoughts again. Qaba introducing the group brings him back into the present.

"Yes. Names... did I tell you our names...? No?" the man nods, "I am... Godric the Unbroken! But they... they usually just call me the Torso. And this is... my faithful companion... the Hand. Tried... tried to give him a traditional... 'kreen name. But... never really stuck... quite like Torso and the Hand."

23. - Top - End - #173

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar watched the exchange with mild amusement. A half-corpse and a blind-kreen were another assemblage of the detritus in this broken city. He focused on how the noble and his men interacted with these survivors. However, he was wary. A man alive without limbs may possess a powerful mind, even if it was addled.

"Ask them for their leadership. I wish to know more."

Greven Zhov

Greven shifted forward from the background, speaking on behalf of Lazaar, "Justice is indeed a worthy cause, and at the heart of what we seek for this city. If you are Torso, who and where is the Head?"

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth continued to listen, but he searched the area around them for signs of watchers or movement. Two heavily armored characters, if half beaten or eaten by the City's chaos, likely do not work completely alone. He did not want to be caught unaware while the man rambled.

Show

Qoheleth casts guidance on himself, then looks about for signs of hidden danger. (1d20+3)[12] (1d4)[4] Perception check: 16.

Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-07-22 at 07:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

BlueKnightGuy

"The Head... my head?" Torso reaches up with one of his arm stubs, detached at the forearm, tapping at the side of his head with a bit of concern. "No, no. Still attached." Satisfied with his head remaining where it usually is, he latches onto something else Greven said. "So you too... are a seeker of justice? Would... would you like to join my army?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC

Zantos approaches the group after Qaba introduces him. Upon hearing the Torso talk about justice and his army, Zantos tries to see if they might become allies.

"I'm Zantos. It's a pleasure to meet you both. We too are trying to bring justice and order to this city. Perhaps we could all work together for a common goal. What kind of army do you already have? Maybe your army should join us instead, or we could just be allies."

Show
    Persuasion (1d20+6)[7] advantage from Jiro's help (1d20+6)[21]

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 1

When Zantos arrives and starts to speak, Jiro keeps filling waterskins, offering to help the Torso and the Hand.

"This could make for a good partnership."

Show
    Help action for Zantos' persuasion.

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2

Qaba looks around for approaching danger while also studying the newcomers to see if they are telling the truth, asking about dangers but almost just talking to himself.

"How safe is this part of town?"

Show
    Insight (1d20+4)[11]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    AC: 13 HP: 27/27
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    AC: 19 HP: 27/27[
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Ptekme retreats to Faldar, showing him the no danger sign. But in a sort of confused way. Faldar decides to wait out the ongoing conversations and see where they are headed.

27. - Top - End - #177

BlueKnightGuy

As the group converses, Qoheleth takes a few steps away to survey the area. The street looks clear, of threats or bystanders. The damage to the building nearby looks recent, but not immediately recent. Some bloodstains inside indicate someone was hurt, but there is no body.

Getting a look at the brick wall and wooden gate of the Psiumarkh, Qoheleth spies two glowing psicrystals hovering above pillars on either side of its gate. On an arch above the gate is a stone image of an owl, with a pair of crystals for eyes.

"Far be it for me... to deny help to... those in need!" the Torso wheezes out. He bobs his head up and down. "Though I... do have my own mission. There is a... an Artificer. One who makes... crystalline prosthetics. Yes. Very expensive. Unfortunately, I... seem to have spent a little too much. And now I... can't afford them."

Hand speaks up, in Thri-kreen, relaying back to Torso. "We saw, big enemy. Going other way."

"Ah yes, yes..." his charge bobs his head up and down, again. "That's right. A giant man... a giant man made out of salt. He was going south... The giant salt man."

28. - Top - End - #178

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

Lazaar listened and inquired to Greven.

"Where did this salt giant come from? Was it alone?"

Greven Zhov

Greven conveyed to the "Torso," "Did you see where the salt giant came from before he headed south? Did he seem in service or another stray?"

Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

Qoheleth remained vigilant, but asked, "Where is this artificer?".

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    AC: 13 HP: 27/27
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    AC: 19 HP: 27/27[
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Mention of the giant salt man causes Faldar to step up to the conversation. "A giant saltman? That sounds like it could be a big problem, both for ourselves and the city. When you saw it, was it aggressive to you at all? Was it capable of speech? Mar Ravoni, this sounds like magical trouble. This is more your domain than mine. Do you have the means to deal with this kind of thing? Or at least heard of it before?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC

Zantos is still trying to determine if these two are likely allies or enemies.

"I'm not as interested in a giant salt man as I am in the two of you. Would your army like to join us? Or perhaps we could just be allies. How do you plan to bring Justice to Raam?"

Show

Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 1

Jiro, however, is fascinated by the giant salt man.

"A giant salt man. That is interesting. But how do you know this salt man is an enemy? What did he do to you?"

Show

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2

Qaba continues to study the man and the Thri-kreen.

"How can we help the two of you? Who else is working for you?"

Show