New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Raam: The City of Anarchy IC

Those rooting around in the salt golem's remains find no notable pieces of construction, aside from the cracked core. Qaba arrives, sprinting back into the bazaar square without the rest.

"If you find who has taken our people, we will gladly make them pay," Griff says, in a grimly committed tone. He looks up at Qaba, who doesn't even look out of breath from running back and forth. There is a wordless question as the older elf waits for Qaba to report whatever message he's clearly running; if these Runners know one thing, it's how to tell why people are running, or from what.

Etain continues to converse with Jiro in elven, "We have lived in human cities for centuries. It is a delusion if you think that these humans will run it any differently. If you can convince your human noble to live in an elf-run city, well." She doesn't seem to waste more words than she has to, leaving the silent air hanging with the thoughts that would surely follow: we could try, but good luck.

The elves with Zantos remain on guard, watching the cardinal directions for danger that might approach while they keep their quarry locked down. "Trouble is if a pack of vangals finds us wallowing like sygra in the mud," the dark-clad elf comments. "Templars at south gate keep herding wild animals to the gate, letting them in. Lots of beasts loose down here."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    AC: 17 HP: 16/26 THP: 0
    PP: 11 PIv: 9 PIs: 9
    Spell Slots, 2nd: 1/2
    Conditions: C Silent Image
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 1
    AC: 17 HP: 10/10
    PP: 15 PIv: 12 PIs: 13
    Eye of Storm: 3/3
    Spell Slots:
    1st: 0/2

Conditions: C Bless
    Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    AC: 15 HP: 16/21
    PP: 14 PIv: 13 PIs: 14
    Spell Slots:
    1st: 1/2

Conditions: --

Qaba is smiling after his run. He hasn't had a chance to run with purpose in quite a while. He looks to Griff and nods in respect, and then addresses Griff, Faldar and Lazaar. "Gentlemen, we tracked down the bard. His cleric seems to have used the Qoh's sand-moving spell to block the door. Zantos stayed with the Night Runners to make sure the bard didn't sneak out, but we can't open the door. If we all go there now, Qoh should be able to excavate the sand and open the door. We probably don't want to leave any witnesses on the side of the raiders." He then waits to see if the others are interested.

Jiro lets the elf have the last word knowing there will be time later for more negotiations.

Zantos relaxes and tries to put the Night Runners at ease. "So where are you all from originally? What brought you here to Raam? Maybe we should do something about these Templars."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard
    AC: 14 HP: 18/18
    PP: 11 PIv: 15 PIs: 11

"Speech."
    Greven Zhov
    Dray Aberrant Mind Sorcerer
    AC: 15 HP: 7/7
    PP: 11 PIv: 11 PIs: 13

Speech.
    Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 15/15
    PP: 12 PIv: 11 PIs: 14
    Conditions: ---

"Speech.".

Qoheleth remarked, "Haste would be wise. They may tunnel swiftly to escape unnoticed."

"Lazaar" answered, "We will accompany you and conclude this matter with the raiders. Then we can continue with our tasks."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    AC: 13 HP: 27/27
    PP: 13 PIv: 12 PIs: 11
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    AC: 19 HP: 13/27[
    PP: 14 PIv: 9 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Blinded
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    AC: 17 HP: 9/10
    PP: 13 PIv: 16 PIs: 13
    Speech

Faldar crosses his arms. "Excellent, we'll contact you when we know more. What's your take on Korno's Killers? We had a run in with them earlier and I feel like they might become a problem for the city if they grow much more."
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

5. - Top - End - #245

BlueKnightGuy

"I grew up with the Runners, here in the city," the black-clad elf answers, looking at one of the nearby building. "Never liked it here. I like it more, now." He gets a grin on his face. "All their rigid castes and rules falling to the chaos."

"I am from the jungles beyond Tyr," the elf with the staff says. "But my clan was slain by a tribe of the half-folk, and the survivors driven out. Eventually fell in with the Night Runners."

"Just a small nomad caravan," says the last elf, one of the slingers. "We joined the Night Runners when they put out the word."

As the Runners elves tend to the dead and the wounded, bringing the latter inside, the Prophets accompany Qaba back to the building where Zantos and the Runners he went with are waiting.

The elves keeping watch reassemble, as Qoheleth brushes aside the earthen mass on the other side of the door. As their group pushes in, they find an empty room. There is little more than a stone cot whose mattress has been stolen long ago, and a hole in the ground at the bottom of the far wall. It appears that Qoheleth's instincts were right.

Show
    Unfortunately, their Stealth checks to dig out and slip away beat the Passive Perception scores of the elves keeping watch.

6. - Top - End - #246

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

"Speech."
    Greven Zhov
    AC: 15 HP: 8/14

Speech.
    Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

"Speech.".

Qoheleth spoke with grim determination, "We hunt rats in the streets."

Lazaar mind-whispered to Greven, ”Send the elves ahead of the vicar to take the bard’s traps.”

“Lazaar” said to the elves who stood watch, "You are more skilled trackers. We will support your hunt if you can follow their strides."
    Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-08-23 at 07:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

BlueKnightGuy

The revelation of the burrow causes a stir, as the elves hurry to find the trail again. Qaba and the black-clad elf examine the ground around the burrow. There are some marks where they crawled out and stood, and slipped away behind another building just to the east, before the elves out front could spot them.

There, Qaba finds that the trail turns cold. Examining the ground, it looks much like the dunes after a strong desert wind has swept over them. Something has sifted the dirt around, covering the trail. Almost certainly another trick of the cleric.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 2
    AC: 17 HP: 17/17
    PP:15 PIv:12 PIs:13
    Eye Storm: 3/3
    Chan Divin: 1/1

Spell Slots:
    1st: 1/3

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    Spell Slots:

Zantos looks at Qaba with some guilt. Apparently this has happened before where Zantos was supposed to watch someone and they escaped. "Sorry Qaba. We didn't see them leave."

Qaba shakes his head, knowing that he would have likely seen the pair escape. "Nothing to do about it now Zantos." He tries to follow the trail but it looks like it has been deliberately concealed.

Jiro looks to Faldar, "Back to the psions then?"

Show

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-08-24 at 01:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

BlueKnightGuy

With the trail gone cold, the group returns to the tavern, regrouping with the rest. The wounded elves have been treated and brought inside, and Torso and Hand are waiting alongside the nobleman.

"Bad news Griff, the guy who started it got away," the black-clad elf reports, walking over to the elder.

"Mm," the grim older elf grunts, looking over at Faldar. "Another fled to the south. They are quick to run and leave their pawns behind."

The escape of the Urvus Bards is unfortunate news, and probably spells trouble for the future. But the wagon is loaded now, and the golem core claimed.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 2

Spell Slots:

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    Spell Slots:

Zantos, Qaba and Jiro all say their goodbyes to the elves, but of course it's Zantos that makes the farewell speech.

"It is nice to run with other elves for a change. I think this meeting between the Night Runners and House Luvi will prove beneficial to all of us in the future. I hope we all meet again soon. Until then, good running to you all. May the wind be at your back and the sand firm under your feet."

He decides not to pressure the elves into any more of a commitment. If there is to be an alliance here, there is still more work to be done to gain their trust.

Show

11. - Top - End - #251

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

"Speech."
    Greven Zhov

Speech.
    Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

"Speech.".

The prophets departed without any overtures of obligation. The Night Runners seemed more like another obstacle, equally as wary of the robed figures as they were of the elves.

Once free from their prying ears, “Lazaar” said to the others, "We would keep the core for studies. It should be enough to show the core to prove our work."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Faldar hears the news from the hunting party with a troublesome look on his face. Clearly this could become problematic in the future. Then again, the noble alliance is mostly a practical one and House Urvus would probably become an issues somewhere in the future. He decides to just leave it for now, as there is not much more to be done about it.

"Good work Zantos, your crew proved their worth again this fight. Let's head back to the academy." He then heads over to Torso and the Hand. "So, ready to get you fixed up? Let's head back to the academy. In the meantime, have you thought about repaying us is some way? Because, this battle sure wasn't easy. And while we all got out alive, some political damage may have been done by all this."

Bontar heads over to the wagon. "I'll get the wagon." Something seems different about him. The battle seems to have reinvigorated him some how. The way he walks and talks is much more like the old Bontar. The star gladiator from the arena. Faldar nods after him as he moves off.

"See you later, Griff. I'll keep in touch." Faldar turns around. "Alright folks, let's go."

13. - Top - End - #253

BlueKnightGuy

The wagon pulls away from the tavern, traversing north along the same path Qaba led them down after the tracks of the golem's bait. Griff offers a small, casual salute, as he turns to follow the other elves inside.

"Yes, of course. Yes... a just man, must always repay his debts," Torso wheezes as they walk. Hand is not so implacable as his kind usually are, his steps energetic and upbeat in a very human way.

The wall of the Psiumarkh campus provides an easy guide to follow, even if the path were not so recently familiar to them. At the end of the road, they turn the corner, coming up to the Psiumarkh street and the campus gate. It is not long before Professor Conagher is summoned once more to the gate, the stone watch owl detecting their band's presence.

"Back so soon," the artificer says, a hint of admiration in his voice as his eyes flit to the golem core they're carrying, seeming to recognize what it is on sight. "Impressive work I must say."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

"Excellent. I'm sure we can work something out. By the way, have you considered your name, once the professor has helped you?"

Once they've arrived at the academy, Faldar takes up a strong pose, next to torso. "We did it, it sure wasn't easy, but we managed. The golem itself was easy to find. Foes of that size tend to leave plenty of tracks. Can you help our friend now? I'm sure he looking forward to his renewed mobility."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 2

Spell Slots:

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    Spell Slots:

Zantos, Qaba and Jiro keep an eye out for any other danger but otherwise stay in the back for now letting Faldar and the Torso negotiate any further reward with the professor.

Show

16. - Top - End - #256

BlueKnightGuy

"Well... I suppose folks will just... have to start calling me Godric again," the Torso answers, with a hoarse laugh. Hand stands next to Faldar as he addresses the professor, turning to the side so that Torso can look over his shoulder.

"I am a man of my word, don't you worry none 'bout that," Professor Conagher walks up to the gate and reaches out, knocking on it with his fist. "I can bring your friend in, get 'im fitted and get to work on the prosthetics." The gate is animated by a telekinetic field emanating between the two crystal nodes flanking it, opening outwards. The group has to take a few steps back as it opens.

"Now, I'm afraid I can't go letting everybody pile in. Your friend's caretaker can come with," Conagher steps back, motioning Torso and Hand inside. "I 'spect work'll take a week at least, on the full package."

Hand walks inside, but Torso speaks up. "Ah... a week... quite a long time, before I can be of any... any help. Hand? I think I will be... okay. Yes. I will be just fine. Why don't you stay and help...?" he suggests in his gravelly, burned out voice. Hand looks back over his shoulder, head turning at a wider angle than a human's could, and his antennae lower nervously. Torso licks his lips and makes a few clicking noises.

Spoiler: Crude Thri-Kreen
    Show
    "Is okay little one. I will be back."

After some hesitation, Hand removes the sling holding Torso on his back, carefully lowering the human to the ground and helping him sit beside the interior of the gate. Hand places a... hand, on Torso's less stubby shoulder and nods, then exits the gate to rejoin Faldar and company.

Conagher knocks on the gate and it begins to shut again. "Sorry ta leave you all on th' doorstep, but security's security, right?"

17. - Top - End - #257

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

"Speech."
    Greven Zhov

Speech.
    Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

"Speech.".

The prophets watched the exchange in curiosity. The wilders of Raam had been a prize they wished to either reduce to ash or recruit to turn their foes into ash. However, this moment seemed a few flecks of dust on the scale, and Lazaar knew they would need more opportunities before any change came.

After the doors closed, Greven stated, "We should make for the noble district before nightfall. I suspect that House Urvus will be agitated by the news of your lack of assistance."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

As the professor explains about the plans, Faldar listens intently and shows some personal interest in the academy. He shows some disappointment when it turns out he is not allowed in, but acknowledges that it indeed makes sense to keep security tight. "Excellent, we'll be sure to send Hand to pick you up in a week. We might even be along. Either way, is there anybody that will be missing you? Someone that we should leave a message? Once Hand is done with such errands, we'll be glad to have him along. A couple of us speak some tri-khreen, so communication should not be an option. Ptekme, can you fill Hand in on our way of working?"

And indeed, as they walk away from the gate, Ptekme starts filling Hand in on some of the tactics and ways of communicating.
    Spoiler: Tri-khreen
    Show
    "You can be my hive brother for now. I will teach you. What hunter warrior skills do you bring to our group? I myself am good leader killer"
    For those not fluent in tri-khreen, all the clicking sounds make for a bewildering experience. Not even emotions involved in the exchange are clear. Bontar growls some grumpy words about insects, but not so hard as to set anyone off. He has learned to value the skills of tri-khreen in combat.

Not much later, Faldar turns to Greven, after his suggestion. "Yes, excellent idea, Greven. We could do with some rest. Let's go!"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 2

Spell Slots:

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    Spell Slots:

Zantos tries to get everyone to keep going, "We should go look for those Psion killers first. Strike before they know we are coming."

Qaba rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "Boss, let's get to Faldar's compound and rest, first. We don't have any urgent leads like we did with the golem."

Jiro follows Qaba's lead. "Let's listen to Qaba. You may be ready to go, but some of us need to rest."

Zantos relents and follows everyone. The look of dejection clears quickly though as he starts to ask Faldar and his crew about their place. "How safe is it? Are there comfortable beds for everyone? What kind of food do you have?"

Show

20. - Top - End - #260

BlueKnightGuy

"Well, I... I don't think we're expected... anywhere, no. Stay safe now..."

Hand raises a hand and awkwardly waves goodbye, following Faldar's group as they take their leave. The kreen does not watch Ptekme very closely or pick up on many of his body language clues. Even when he speaks, he rarely performs any of the subtler gestures of complex conversation. He holds up his arm as he speaks, gesturing along it - at first this confuses Ptekme, until he realizes he's motioning along with what he's saying rather than speaking with signs.

Spoiler: Thri-kreen
    Show
    "Hello. Again. I am healer and have a shield. It broke. Can fight my claws, bite, human weapon."

Thankfully their trip to the noble district is unhindered. Along the main southern street, the nobles' wall extends from near the palace district wall, to near the exterior wall of the city. It is a fifteen foot tall structure of brick and mortar, with guard towers posted at regular intervals, manned by Vespos' ballisticians, manning fixed crossbow emplacements. Their sight lines to the main street are marred only somewhat by the nicer, larger houses just outside the walls - probably belonging to a few wealthy citizens or merchants who were disallowed property within the district itself due to the city's strict caste system.

Whoever they belonged to before, those houses now look abandoned as the rest.

Faldar and his band approach the bronze gate, an impressive and extravagant structure with decorative loops and coils. The ballisticians on guard recognize Faldar on his approach. One of them, the one to the right, salutes. The other looks behind him over his shoulder, a little uncertainly.

"I don't recognize who's with you," the one saluting calls down, looking at Faldar's new companions. The robed figures in particular get extra scrutiny. "Was told to expect you bringing in mercenaries, not Prophets."

Spoiler: Faldar
    Show
    Beyond the gate, Faldar can see the street outside of his uncle Khayrat's manor, and across from it the orphanage his uncle had founded. It had caused a major stir, opening an orphanage within the noble district accessible to children not born of the nobility - and more than that, non-human children. Khayrat had argued they could be trained as servants and guards, leveraging the nobles' sensibilities to get it permitted. Many such children had grown up to become guards and psions in service to House Lufi - far better lives than they would have as street urchins and vagrants.

House Lufi often employs thri-kreen in their guard force as well, and the hatchlings of their kreen servants are looked after at that same orphanage while they are on shifts.

21. - Top - End - #261

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

"Speech."
    Greven Zhov

Speech.
    Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

"Speech.".

The prophets watched the exchange without reaction. They came to expect the suspicion of the nobles for now. Lazaar knew to bide his time, for the ripening fruit of Raam may soon fall into their hands. He instructed his emissary to relate to Faldar their support in this matter.

Greven stated to Faldar, "If you require any show of accord from us, you need only ask and we will provide a reasonable assurance. However, we are not offended by their abundance of caution in these tumultuous days."
    Last edited by Theophilus; 2020-09-02 at 09:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

As the group approaches the gate, Faldar sighs in relief. Bontar as well, smiles and shouts. "Welcome to House Lufi's. Here we'll have some respite from the troubles plaguing Raam."

Faldar grimaces at Bontar introduction. He wasn't completely sure how his uncle would respond to him bringing this many guest. As well as the skirmish with House Urvus earlier. "That's right, I managed to pick up the mercenary group and we even got some action along the way. That's why we are late. The prophets actually helped us during that time, and allowed us refuge during the past night. So we shall provide them with the same courtesy." Having said that Faldar heads through the gate. "Follow me. To the left is our orphanage. As you can imagine Raam's trouble has made it quite the busy place." He then looks sternly at the prophets. "Just making sure, but no recruiting efforts for the prophets while you're here. I'm sure you'll understand."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 2

Spell Slots:

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    Spell Slots:

Zantos walks along beside Faldar, "So boss, are you the head honcho here? If we say we work directly for you, do these other people need to listen to us?" He smiles back a Qaba, who pretends not to hear him.

Qaba instead addresses Bontar and Ptekme, "What do you all want us to do while we're here? Where would you like us to set up?"

Meanwhile, Jiro starts up a conversation with Qoheleth. "Qoh, I like what you are able to do with the earth. It is good to be able to manipulate the sand when there is so much of it around."

Show

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-09-03 at 06:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

BlueKnightGuy

"Alright, but you might have trouble telling the council that. Above my paygrade," the ballistician that greeted them waves back behind the wall and one of the guards unlocks the gate to let them through. As the group files inside, a bald elf covered in tattoos and tribal ornaments marches directly up to Faldar. She places a palm on his shoulder and spins him around to face her, looking him in the eyes. Behind her are the Urvus forces that escaped the raid on the Runners' tavern.

Faldar recognizes her as Kalashandra, a retainer to Marus Urvus, the House Urvus heir. She also serves as the primary leader of Urvus' warbands. Faldar is not the only one who knows her, however; Bontar knows her as another former gladiator, and a formidable fighter with her dual weapons.

"Faldar Lufi," she says in a sharp voice. "You will come with me to report to Lord Balthazar on why his orders have not been carried out." Balthazar is of course Marus' father, and the present head of House Urvus.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-09-04 at 01:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Faldar Lufi
    Human/Psion (Vitalist) 3
    Speech
    Bontar
    Dwarf/Barbarian 2
    Speech
    Ptekme
    Thri-kreen/Rogue 1
    Speech

Faldar shakes his head at Zantos question. "No, I'm not. So keep your head down. Out there things might be simple and straightforward, but here they are not. Lot's of political stuff going on."

At that same moment Kalashandra comes into view and approaches Faldar. As she puts her hand on him Bontar grips his maul and steps forward. "Hands off, Kalashandra. Now. I still have plenty of spark in me to handle you." His refound youthfulness shines through as he threatens her. Ptekme scans around.

The face of Faldar doesn't show much patience either. He slaps her hand away. "Kalashandra, who do you think I am? I'm not one of your thugs, Kalashandra. You can't just order me around. If you want my report of the disastrous raid YOU ordered, you can invite me for tonight's dinner. But right now, we've returned from two days of constant struggle, so we're going to rest first." He then understands that the men behind her are probably leftovers from the raid. "... these cowards can probably tell you just as much. They left their comrades to die. I wonder what excuse they came up with."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 2

Spell Slots:

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    Spell Slots:

Even Zantos realizes that making a scene here could make things difficult for Faldar, so he stays in the back, glaring slightly at the bard and the cleric that escaped. Qaba has more tact but stays with Zantos, more keeping an eye on him than the Urvus thugs.

Surpisingly, Jiro is the one that advances to Faldar's side. He reaches his right hand out to shake Kalashandra's hand, touching her right upper arm with his left hand in a friendly gesture. "Ma'am, I am Jiro, priest of Rain and a former scholar for Hamanu of Urik. I was able to observe the actions of your men at the Market. After they set their salt golem upon us, we were able to survive only by defeating it by ourselves, while the Urvus leaders fled, having sprung their trap upon us. Unfortunately, we also witnessed the Night Runners defeat the rest of the raiders after their leader fled, leaving them behind. These men here left both us and their own men behind to die while they fled. They are the ones you should be angry with, not Faldar."

He then backs up letting Faldar take the lead in the conversation.

Show

27. - Top - End - #267

Lazaar Dargeth
    Dray Defiler Wizard

"Speech."
    Greven Zhov

Speech.
    Qoheleth
    Dray Silt Cleric

"Speech.".

Greven stated evenly to Faldar, "We will do what we must to ensure our accord. Though, perhaps we have some old friends lurking within these walls that we wish to reconnect if they should stumble into our paths."

Qoheleth replies to Jiro, "The Silt, like the Grey, connects us all in this harsh land. What you do is exceptional, a war against the way all things go. Your brethren do much to sustain the Prophets, and it is good Faldar Lufi has you in his ranks to relieve thirst."

As the group maneuvered single file into the encampment, Greven took the fore and Qoheleth the rear behind Mar Ravoni. They then formed a flanking guard to the venerated leader, watching the many possible threats. Greven observed Kalashandra's actions, mannerisms, ways of speech, and attitude. He drank it in like the silt sucked down the drizzle that rain clerics' petitioned. The world of the aristocracy lay before them, and now the prophets had an opportunity to see its forms, functions, and fissures.

Mar Ravoni awaited the outcome of Faldar's discourse with the tattooed elf. While he would prefer to throw Urvus' men's lives away on behalf of the Prophets, he knew the noble was the best mouthpiece in this moment. They stood poised to act if the situation catered to more arcane or psionic solutions.

28. - Top - End - #268

BlueKnightGuy

Kalashandra's gaze turns to Bontar for only a moment, set in the same permanent scowl she always wore at the arena. But she withdraws her hand as Faldar slaps it away, and instead walks to stand in his path.

"When I am acting on orders from above you, you are nothing," the elf informs Faldar grimly. "The survivors of the raid Lord Balthazar ordered've already told me what happened." Her tall figure looms over Faldar, eyes burning into him like hot coals. When Jiro touches her arm she grabs his wrist and looks at him. "That is not the story I was told."

From her tone of voice, it's not clear who she believes or is angry with. She shoves Jiro's hand away and looks at Faldar again. "You will explain to Lord Balthazar. He will decide who to believe. Ignore this if you want, but it will be far worse for you if I am sent to arrest you later." She raises a hand and snaps her fingers, calling the Urvus warband remnants in line. Together they march past Khayrat's mansion and turn left, down the road towards Balthazar's residence.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2020-09-06 at 10:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zantos
    Elf Hexblade 3
    OOC
    Jiro
    Elf Rain Cleric 2

Spell Slots:

Qaba
    Elf Ranger 2
    Spell Slots:

Jiro starts to write notes into his journal. Zantos looks at him like he's strange for writing in his book here in the open, but Qaba holds him back, knowing that the cleric rarely does anything inappropriate without a purpose. Jiro's the only one of the three with any training in decorum.

Show
    He uses his Scribe of Secrets to learn what Kalashandra was thinking, since she was likely thinking about Faldar's fate and the orders from her Lord Balthazar.

30. - Top - End - #270

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: Scribe of Secrets
    Show
    As Jiro writes in his journal, he finds his hands drifting on their own.

The boy is in danger. Whose hands are bloodied?