Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 112 of 112
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Yeah, darn voicebox turning our throats into a death trap. Actually the whole airhole in the mouth seems like a bad plan overall, why not just make bigger noses and seal that entrance?
    I, for one, appreciate that mildly cold weather or spicy food don't result in me dying of asphyxiation.
    Quote Originally Posted by truemane
    NEVER! I shall mod and drive and pick up dubious arachnid packages until the day I die!
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tail of the Bellcurve
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I, for one, appreciate that mildly cold weather or spicy food don't result in me dying of asphyxiation.
    Also being able to pull enough air to actually do physically demanding activities. Absent that we would have all been sabertooth chow a long time ago.

    Which would be very effective protection against fishbones. 100% of people devoured alive by predators have not died from choking on bones, so soak yourself in BBQ sauce and get preyed on today! It's the only way to safe.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.


    Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    I don't like Carmel. That's my least favorite food.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    clingydreamers's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    green beans. I know my girlfriend's going to secretly add them to the shopping cart. >_<

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere over th rainbow

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Also being able to pull enough air to actually do physically demanding activities. Absent that we would have all been sabertooth chow a long time ago.

    Which would be very effective protection against fishbones. 100% of people devoured alive by predators have not died from choking on bones, so soak yourself in BBQ sauce and get preyed on today! It's the only way to safe.
    Why not expand that logic to everything? No more problems with no more existence am I right?
    We're all just humans who like other humans... or we don't...
    What am I?
    I am me, and will continue to be me, as hard as I can.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    Why not expand that logic to everything? No more problems with no more existence am I right?
    Rand Al'Thor has entered the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GreataxeFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by alex9Y View Post
    I hate all the food which is spicy as hell... there are a lot of such positions in Mexican cuisine.
    You haven't tried Sichuan food yet? I can faithfully testify that it actually burns the tongue.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Richmond Virginia

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    I truly hate 4 things:
    • cilantro
    • walnuts
    • dried coconut which people foolishly add to chocolate, cakes, cookies, etc. : I actually kinda like fresh coconut
    • anise or anything that tastes like it: ouzo, black licorice, anisette, fennel....

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, United States
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Soups, chowders and stews. To a lesser extent foods that are absolutely drenched in sauce.

    As a child all I could eat were cans of Campbell's. It got so tiresome that I now have a knee-jerk gag towards soups. When I was slightly older and able to eat solids my family were the type to have absolutely everything back stroking in some paste or sauce.

    We did not have Spaghetti and Meatballs, we had tomato sauce with a bit of pasta and some meat. We did not have BBQ ribs with a rub, we had a rub with a rib floating at the top.

    And it was still not enough sauce.

    When I was in High School my aunt finally told my father he was not invited to the cousin's thanksgiving potluck if he complained even once to my aunt that there was not enough sauce.

    My father managed to get us kicked out of my aunt's wedding reception the following year after he grumbled about how the wedding's catering service didn't put enough sauces in the pasta dishes.

    The end result for me is that I gag when something's drenched in fluids.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hagashager View Post
    Soups, chowders and stews. To a lesser extent foods that are absolutely drenched in sauce.

    As a child all I could eat were cans of Campbell's. It got so tiresome that I now have a knee-jerk gag towards soups. When I was slightly older and able to eat solids my family were the type to have absolutely everything back stroking in some paste or sauce.

    We did not have Spaghetti and Meatballs, we had tomato sauce with a bit of pasta and some meat. We did not have BBQ ribs with a rub, we had a rub with a rib floating at the top.
    First several years of my life were like this. Bean soup for breakfast and lunch, and mac and cheese for dinner. Occasionally with a little tuna fish (still love tuna mac). But canned bean soup is a definite no-no for me.

    Things got a little better when we moved to Texas in 74, and much better in 1980.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Reheated Pizza with mushrooms and anchovies

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ForzaFiori's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    My absolute most hated food is mushrooms. I hate the taste, the texture, and the entire idea of eating something that grows in rotting things and excrement.

    To a lesser extent, I have a distate for fish (though not other seafood - I love to eat crustaceans, and when I tried alligator it was amazing), cottage cheese, pickles (weirdly, only pickled cucumbers - I love other picked things), and basil (well, I don't mind it when it is used lightly, but almost every time I've seen it used, it just overpowers the dish).
    Avatar by Lycunadari

    Go Tigers!

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Rynjin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFiori View Post
    My absolute most hated food is mushrooms. I hate... the entire idea of eating something that grows in rotting things and excrement.
    I hate to break it to you, but this describes most vegetables and fruits.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    As a Japanese, I don't know why I hate natto

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ForzaFiori's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but this describes most vegetables and fruits.
    There are usually more steps between the rotting material and my food for non-fungi food material. There is a difference between saprophytes (fungi growing directly in decaying matter, as opposed to those fungi that grow in a symbiotic relationship with a plant) and the fact that you fertilize a field with manure, where it mixes with a variety of other things and is simply improving the soil which the plant grows in - at least in my mind.

    In other words, I've never seen a tomato grow directly out of a cow patty or rotting log. Even if it did, the part you eat is not the part that is actually IN the manure. I can't say the same thing for mushrooms. and I know that those ones may not be the ones we eat, but its the ones I was exposed to as a child, so its what my mind brings up when it hears "mushroom."
    Avatar by Lycunadari

    Go Tigers!

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2020

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Any food that has pickles, is what I don't like the most. I just can't stand pickles.
    ..

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Irvine

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Any food that has Celery!! I really hate it but as I know it good for fitness
    I am a fan of Harry Potter and my house is Hufflepuff.
    Do you know yours? You can find your house by What Hogwarts house are you in quiz

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soliloquyz View Post
    Any food that has pickles, is what I don't like the most. I just can't stand pickles.
    My ex used to call pickles "cucumbers soaked in evil." While I actually like pickles, I always thought that was funny. Whereas I'm not a fan of plain cucumbers (not strong enough to hate them, but I generally prefer to eat something else), so I guess they aren't evil enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2020

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    My ex used to call pickles "cucumbers soaked in evil." While I actually like pickles, I always thought that was funny. Whereas I'm not a fan of plain cucumbers (not strong enough to hate them, but I generally prefer to eat something else), so I guess they aren't evil enough for me.
    I agree with her, with the exception of dill pickles. Those I can tolerate. But sweet pickles or anything like that are just awful.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stattick View Post
    I agree with her, with the exception of dill pickles. Those I can tolerate. But sweet pickles or anything like that are just awful.
    She meant it for dill pickles too.

    I agree sweet pickles are nasty, but dill pickles are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!

  21. - Top - End - #111

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    I really dont like the exotic Chinese/Asian foods !

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What foods do you really hate?

    Natto is OK, spicy food is tolerable as long as it is not sichuan or the extra spicy korean/thai ones.

    But my real bane is ... PAPAYAAAAAAA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •