New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Divinity 2 OS As a LW Fane with a friend playing LW Ifan: Recommendations? (Spoilers)

I'm playing as a Lone Wolf Fane, He's Lone Wolf Ifan. We're going for a generally good person run, but just got past Nameless Isle with all its reveals, and are now on the Lady Vengeance in the Hall of Echoes. I... rather enjoyed giving Amadia what she deserved.

I of course got most of Fane's big reveals, including those regarding the Voidwoken...

Without giving away major spoilers for the rest of the game, are there recommendations ya'll can make for what you would view as the more satisfying route?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Divinity 2 OS As a LW Fane with a friend playing LW Ifan: Recommendations? (Spoil

You dont make any permanent decisions until the very, very end, by which point your options, and generally the ramifications of them, will be pretty clear.

Fane gets a special one relating to the Eternals, but its up to you to decide if thats satisfying, and he has to be the one chosen to get the prize at the end.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Divinity 2 OS As a LW Fane with a friend playing LW Ifan: Recommendations? (Spoil

It's very hard to talk about the ending of a game without spoilers.

Any of the endings can be satisfying (well, I dislike Red Prince as anything but a sidekick), but it depends heavily on the choices you make leading up to that, because everyone has multiple possible endings.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

As far as I remember, the choices you make leading up to the end are mostly meaningless. There's maybe one exception I can think of with Fane, but I'm not sure, and you probably won't want that ending anyway.

You can always just save right before the end and try different ones until one feels satisfying.