Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 59 of 59
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Terran looks with concern as one of the people seems to be badly hurt. His first instinct was to join the rest and help. He couldnt just stand while the rest where risking their lives. He turns to Aethon and replies "I am going in and assist the rest. I´ll leave the protection of the civilians to you.". He then leaves to join the others on the battlefield.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Bless still active.
    +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear for all allies within 50 ft.

    Using my action to move closer to the rest.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    Terran Silversword Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 2 NG HP 15 / 15 Speed 20 ft Init 1
    AC 19* (shield*) Fort 1 Ref 1 Will 3 CMB +3 BAB 1
    Str 14 (2) Dex 12 (1) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 10 (0) Cha 16 (3)

    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Aethon hesitates a moment, looking between the wyrm, the kobolds and the shaman. He lowers his crossbow and instead pours an orange liquid into a small container. Smoke begins coming out of the opening as he begins counting under his breath. When he gets to three, Aethon leaps over the cart and rushes forward, flinging the container and its contents between the kobolds to the south. As it lands, it erupts in an explosion of fire.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aiming for the spot between the two living kobolds to the south, and moving just close enough to put that within 30ft so point blank shot can activate. I'm aiming for the square between them (AC5) and am gambling that the splash damage of my bomb alone will be enough to kill them.

    (1d20+4)[24] (+5 base, +1PBS, -2 range)
    If it hits, it deals a flat 6 fire damage to everyone within 5ft (which should in this case be two kobolds).
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-07-02 at 07:19 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]


    Dead? The woman was dead, or so his sense of panic told him. The courage in his heart wilted as he watched the exchange unfold. His blade glided through the air as the vicious chanting thing released a spear of extruded ice. The blow felled the soldier as the whirling glass ring puffed a spurt of red mist from where it bit into the beasts' flank. Too late. Dread doused his gall, but a simple glance over the broken hilly terrain reminded him how he'd sealed his own escape. A few quick turns in the saddle put him out of the way of a few stay blows directed upon him, one of the small creature's closed in to engage. The encirclement had to be broken. They had to take the southern hill. Straining, he found the mettle to commit to another exchange of blows. Snapping out another bluish glass ring, he pulled back on the reins with his free hand, standing Kumiir up upon it's hindquarters to tower about the gibbering menace rushing at them. Hurtling the blade out from far above, intent to murder the magical creature in the distance, he cried out, *("STRIKE IT DOWN!") Leaning forward he rode Kumiir's fall as the massive horse came crashing down with a thunderous blow, attempting to simply crush the kobold warrior beneath its powerful hooves.
    *(Indicates Shoanti Speech)

    Spoiler: OOC: Checks
    Show
    COMBAT ACTIONS
    Tahjii - Move Action | Draw Weapon (Glass Chakram)
    Tahjii - Free Action | Fight With Mount (DC10 Ride): (1d20+4)[17]
    Kumiir - (If Ride Successful) Full Attack | Hoof #1 (Attack): (1d20+5)[13] -- (Damage): (1d4+5)[8] | Hoof #2 (Attack): (1d20+5)[6] -- (Damage): (1d4+5)[8]
    Tahjii - Attack Action (Vs Shaman) | Glass Chakram: (1d20+5)[16] | Damage: (1d8+4)[11]
    (PBS: +1/+1, Sharpened: +1 first hit)
    DETAILS
    Spoiler: KUMIIR, STORMING FREE STATUS
    Show

    KUMIIR, STORMING FREE
    Advanced War Horse, Combat Trained (CR 2)

    N Large animal
    Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

    DEFENSE

    AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +2 natural, –1 size, +4 armor)
    Hp 19 (2d8+10)
    Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

    OFFENSE

    Speed 50 ft.
    Melee 2 hooves +5 (1d4+5)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

    STATISTICS

    Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
    Base Atk +1; CMB +7; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
    Feats Endurance, RunB
    Skills Perception +8


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tahjii Running Wind
    Sheet

    Shoanti (Human) - Tamiir-Quah | Divine Marksman Ranger/Investigator UC Rogue
    Player: Mornings

    DEFENSE
    ⛨ HP 17/17
    ⛨ AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 16
    Fort 3, Ref 6, Will -2
    Speed 20 | Init 3

    OFFENCE
    CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1

    MELEE
    Kuachet, Piercing Earth (Irespan Basalt Lance) +4 (1d8+2, x3)

    RANGED
    ⯎ x3 Crystal Branch (Glass Shortspear) +3 (1d6+2, x2)
    ⯎ x7/8 Glass Chakram +4 (1d8+2, x2)

    STATISTICS
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 14
    Condition None


  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    The ice dragon does not understand Jhereg's theatrics, the big man dodges both claw swipes easily. As he sermons the simple beast and everyone around him about valor, it tries to bite his head off. Jhereg can wrestle the creature off easily, but almost drops his blade. This is not the legendary strength of dragons, but it is fierce nonetheless.

    Aethon drops his bomb just before the guard advances, dropping both enemies in a tiny inferno. They yelp out as the life leaves their bodies. Aria's defender switches his advances up the hill, chopping into the stomach of the shaman, and dropping it. Another guard approaches Aria and tries to drag her into safety.

    Terran ignores the vines and just wades through the impeding foliage. His legs are grasped every other step, but with great effort, he manages to get closer to Aria and the others. In the north, kobolds appear from the mist, instantly being confronted by the northern guards. Two of them shriek in fear, as they try their slings at the guards but miss. The guards, inexperienced as they are, and without guidance from Aria, miss as well.

    Tahjii slashes the kobold, and Kumiir tramples it just to be sure. The kobold is a bloody mess of crushed bones, scales and flesh.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Enemy: Jhereg takes 6 damage from the bite (subtract DR). All kobolds miss again.

    Allies: The guard switches his target to the drake, flanks with Jhereg and deals 3 damage to it. Tahjii crushes his enemy with an obscene 19 damage. Aethon's bomb removes two kobolds with 11 damage each. All guards except Aria's bodyguard miss.


  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg, Knight Aspirant of Iomedae
    HP's: 10(14) of 23(27) | AC: 17(15) | Flatfooted: 16(14) | Touch: 11(9) | CMD: 16(14) | FCMD: 15(13)
    Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Sense Motive: 10
    Conditions: Bless (+1 hit & save); Rage (+4 Str; +4 Con; +2 Will save; -2 AC)


    The creatures jaw tore out gibets of flesh from the youth's shoulder, staining his white tabbard in rivulets of red, life's blood. The song of the Inheritor increased in volume, drowning out anything, everything, but himself and his target, this ferocious drake. He dropped his shield, all pretense of training departing his frame as his muscles knotted, and bulged, as he held the long bladed sword in two hands, swinging from his hips until the blade came over his shoulder, where upon he dropped to a knee, putting the force of his entire body behind the blow.

    Spoiler: Out of Combat Actions
    Show
    OOC: Free Action to drop Shield; Free Action to adjust Grip to 2-H; Standard Action, Power Attack vs the Drake. Attack +10 (2 BAB 5 STR 1 MW 1 Bless 2 Flank -1 PA), (1d20+10)[29]; for 1d10+10 (7 1&1/2 STR, 3 PA), (1d10+10)[20]. Hopefully I'll hit this time!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-07-03 at 06:04 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Aethon grins madly as he sees his bomb roast the left flank of the kobolds. "Hah! There's more where that came from!" Preparing another bomb, he rushes towards the other side. The nearest guard seems to be hard-pressed, so Aethon throws the bomb at where his enemies seem to be.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving three squares north, then aiming a bomb at the space 1W and 2N of the eastmost northern guard. The splash radius should catch anything adjacent to that square as well as burning away the mist. I don't think there are any kobolds in the actual square I'm aiming at.

    (1d20+4)[24] vs AC5
    If it hits, 6 fire damage to everyone in the splash radius (reflex halves)

    Edit: Crit confirmed, make that 11 fire damage.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-07-03 at 06:16 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg's precise slash cuts the beast's neck and drops the drake. You slip off its mighty scales, preventing a decapitation. As this happens, Aethon throws a precisely aimed bomb at in the north, revealing two suddenly very charred kobolds. They shriek in fear.

    Aria's guard drags the unconscious woman to Terran.

    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a kobold northwest of the guard, and one sling user two north of him.


    Terran, Aria's guard and Tahjii remain.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]


    The thunderous weight of the crash rattled him, spraying him with a light drizzle of gore. The underside of the great horse was stained, streams of red running up Tahjii's legs and speckling his face with a few drops. It took him a moment to re-seat himself properly in the saddle. This was nothing like fighting orcs. A sense of confidence beginning to bud in his chest. He tried to quell it, he needed to stay focused. His eyes glanced down at the blades he'd thrown, but he pushed aside the temptation to retrieve the weapons. He turned his gaze towards across the pass, there would be time for that later.

    Plucking a bloody scale from his hair, he wiped off his riding hand on his chest to clear away the dirt and filth as he snatched up the long stone lance from its resting place. Keeping a foot pressed on its blade as he withdrew it, the leather cover easily slid away, remaining between the ring and plate secured to the steed's harness as the weapon was released. He easily spun the long spear overhead, holding it high to let its black blade glint in the evening light as if to rally his allies who stood victorious below. *("Ride again with me now, my friend!") He pulled about to reposition Kumiir towards the battle still underway in the north, committed to the final engagement. *("RIDE WITH ME AGAIN!") With a kick he set off down the hill towards the fight still underway. A bellowing war cry and exclamation cut above the din of battle, directed to those whom had quelled the southern threat. "CLAIM VICTORY! THE FIGHT IS NOT DONE!"
    *(Indicates Shoanti Speech)

    Spoiler: OOC: Checks
    Show
    COMBAT ACTIONS
    Tahjii - Move Action | Draw Weapon (Kuachet, Piercing Earth)
    Kumiir - Double Move: 80ft (Stop 10ft from edge of mist where Tahjii will dismount)
    Tahjii - Move Action | Dismount 5ft From Edge of Mist (failed fast dismount)
    DETAILS
    Spoiler: KUMIIR, STORMING FREE STATUS
    Show

    KUMIIR, STORMING FREE
    Advanced War Horse, Combat Trained (CR 2)

    N Large animal
    Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

    DEFENSE

    AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +2 natural, –1 size, +4 armor)
    Hp 19 (2d8+10)
    Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

    OFFENSE

    Speed 50 ft.
    Melee 2 hooves +5 (1d4+5)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

    STATISTICS

    Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
    Base Atk +1; CMB +7; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
    Feats Endurance, RunB
    Skills Perception +8


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tahjii Running Wind
    Sheet

    Shoanti (Human) - Tamiir-Quah | Divine Marksman Ranger/Investigator UC Rogue
    Player: Mornings

    DEFENSE
    ⛨ HP 17/17
    ⛨ AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 16
    Fort 3, Ref 6, Will -2
    Speed 20 | Init 3

    OFFENCE
    CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1

    MELEE
    Kuachet, Piercing Earth (Irespan Basalt Lance) +4 (1d8+2, x3)

    RANGED
    ⯎ x3 Crystal Branch (Glass Shortspear) +3 (1d6+2, x2)
    ⯎ x6/8 Glass Chakram +4 (1d8+2, x2)

    STATISTICS
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 14
    Condition None


  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    The battle wasnt still over. He continued his way to assist the downed companion as fast as he could despite the heavy armor. He looks around and decides to take advantage of the fact that there arent any enemies closeby to cast a healing spell. He then carries the charge of his spell with him. As soon as he is close enough, he touches Aria with the spell to heal her and hopefully get back into action.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Bless still active.
    +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear for all allies within 50 ft.

    Casting a cure light wounds spell.
    (1d8+2)[6]

    Using my action to move just beside Aria and use cure light wounds on her.
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show

    Terran Silversword Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 2 NG HP 15 / 15 Speed 20 ft Init 1
    AC 19* (shield*) Fort 1 Ref 1 Will 3 CMB +3 BAB 1
    Str 14 (2) Dex 12 (1) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 10 (0) Cha 16 (3)

    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2020-07-04 at 09:10 PM.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Terran infuses the light of life into Aria.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fog is spreading in a wintery forest. You are alone on a lighting. You see a hooded figure in front of you, a woman hunched over, beckoning you to join her. In her hand, she clutches a glowing red rock, it looks like a cracked egg, with veins of pulsing power all over it. She beckons you to touch the rock, and you follow suit.

    Your body looses its power, you drop to the floor. Slowly the pulsing aligns to your heartbeat, it pulses again and your heart starts beating again. Ruwy iqiul, cluqmz! she says, smiling a crooked grin. Darkness envelops you, and you suddenly see Terran hunched over your body.


    He incants a few syllables in a horrible language, that lets the guard that helped Aria to move away, scared and almost insulted by the very sound of your magical words. The spell however takes effect, and Aria opens her eyes.

    Johnsen sees Jhereg's combat prowess and grins. May I, bub? he asks, then stabs the drake in the side, ripping open its stomach. Now go, hunt those little ****s. he swears at you.

    Annoying Aethon and Jhereg are gripped again by the magical foliage, slowing you down again. The kobolds are fleeing! someone cries from up north. Aye, let them be and remove that road block. We need to get going again.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show


    Are you giving chase?

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Aria Lufo, Inspiring Commander

    Aria's eyes flutter open and she takes a deep breath. A wince. Pain was a good sign, it meant life. She sat up gingerly, holding her head and shaking away the darkness of death. Did I see the other side?

    Her thoughts were jarred as people were yelling. Instinctively, she reached for the polearm laying beside her and used it to pull herself to her feet. "Don't give chase. No doubt they have several fall-back ambush sites ready..." At least, that's what she would do if she were leading a raid.

    She shoos away the healer. "I'm fine for now. Use that magic on the others." She pointed weakly to the guard still lying on the ground before moving back toward the front wagon. She blinked slowly and took a deep breath to focus herself to the task at hand. "Alright, break out the axes and get rid of any branches that'll catch. Unhitch one of the horses from a wagon, we can use the pulling harness to drag the trimmed log from the path."




    Spoiler: OOC: Actions
    Show

    ✥ Aid Another for Survival to remove branches (1d20+4)[13] vs dc 10; grants +6
    ✥ Aid Another for Handle Animals to use horse for pulling logs (1d20+4)[20] vs dc 10; grants +6


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Aria Lufo
    Sheet

    Human | Cavalier (Inspiring Commander)
    Player: Deadguy

    DEFENSE
    ⛨ HP 1/16
    ⛨ AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 16
    Fort 3, Ref 2, Will 0
    Speed 30 | Init 5

    OFFENCE
    CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus +1

    MELEE
    Guisarme +5 (2d4+3, x3)

    RANGED
    Light Crossbow +4 (1d8, 19-20 / x2)

    STATISTICS
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition None

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]


    With the last sounds of battle dying down and the kobolds vanished into the mist in full retreat, it appeared like the battle had finally drawn to a close. Looking back out upon the battlefield and the patches of half-melted rime still thick upon the blood-slick path, he could feel his leg begin to loose strength. The high of battle slowly faded, his eyes finding wounded men or broken enemies scattered in the field. It could have been him. He'd been lucky this time, but he'd been disillusioned to any sense of indomitably. He'd already been caught unawares... It was uncanny how much positioning and speed often coincided with circumstances, he was just glad both happened to favor him this battle.

    Not letting the hesitation show, he regathered his nerve, giving his spear a flourish before turning and remounting his steed. Pulling the reins to come about, he slowly picked his way back towards the carnage between the the wagons. The praying swordsman's blow had nearly cut the flying lizard in twain. A feat of strength he hadn't expected from so mild-mannered a man. As he passed by with a nod he gestured toward the front, "I would fix cord from horse and tree, to haul the way clear." Coming back to his previous battle, he begun the arduous process of recovering his bloody rings from the mangled corpses, along with whatever else they might have of use.

    Spoiler: OOC: Checks
    Show
    POST-COMBAT ACTIONS
    Tahjii (After Combat) - Gathering Glass Chakram(s) / Checking bodies for anything usable
    DETAILS
    Spoiler: KUMIIR, STORMING FREE STATUS
    Show

    KUMIIR, STORMING FREE
    Advanced War Horse, Combat Trained (CR 2)

    N Large animal
    Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

    DEFENSE

    AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +2 natural, –1 size, +4 armor)
    Hp 19 (2d8+10)
    Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

    OFFENSE

    Speed 50 ft.
    Melee 2 hooves +5 (1d4+5)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

    STATISTICS

    Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
    Base Atk +1; CMB +7; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
    Feats Endurance, RunB
    Skills Perception +8


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tahjii Running Wind
    Sheet

    Shoanti (Human) - Tamiir-Quah | Divine Marksman Ranger/Investigator UC Rogue
    Player: Mornings

    DEFENSE
    ⛨ HP 17/17
    ⛨ AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 16
    Fort 3, Ref 6, Will -2
    Speed 20 | Init 3

    OFFENCE
    CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1

    MELEE
    Kuachet, Piercing Earth (Irespan Basalt Lance) +4 (1d8+2, x3)

    RANGED
    ⯎ x3 Crystal Branch (Glass Shortspear) +3 (1d6+2, x2)
    ⯎ x6/8 Glass Chakram +4 (1d8+2, x2)

    STATISTICS
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 14
    Condition None


  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Terran nods in agreement to the order given by Aria. Since stuation was now more calm, he decided to tend the wounds of the guard without using magic. He puts his shield away and starting working on tending the wounds. He could only hope that the rest would follow the advice given and not pursue the enemy. Still, he wondered about the reason behind the attack. Could there be more to the situation or was it simply an everyday ambush in the forest by hungry enemies? He could only hope that this was the last they would see of them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I still have more than a minute with bless.

    Heal check to provide first aid: (1d20+4)[21]
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg, Knight Aspirant of Iomedae
    HP's: 10 of 23 | AC: 17 | Flatfooted: 16 | Touch: 11 | CMD: 16 | FCMD: 15
    Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Sense Motive: 10
    Conditions: Fatigued.


    Jhereg, the drake's blood still dripping from his blade, looked down a moment, then looked to the caravan, the kobolds were fleeing, having been routed. He dropped to his knees, suddenly tired, exhaustingly so. This often happened to him after he was touched by the Inheritor, he felt all his emotion rush out of him, leaving him ... empty. Flat. Corporal Lufo rode by, shouting commands that fell on half deaf ears, slowly he stood once again, even as Johnsen stabbed the drake's corpse and began his gruesome task.

    Jhereg struggled to his feet, then realization struck him, Lufo had been felled, he had seen it. Even through the haze of Iomedae's will, yet she was riding the field, encouraging the caravan, organizing the guardsmen, even as Terran tended to the wounded. He, slowly, lowered himself, checked Vaerhys' hooves, to ensure the kobold shaman's sorceries hadn't damaged his mounts ankles or hooves. Satsified that the horse wouldn't be injured by aiding with the removal of the roadblock, he trotted forward towards where the teams were hooking up the tree trunks, "Perhaps Vaerhys here," he patted the dappled grey's neck lovingly, "can assist us, so we don't have to unhitch the wagon horses."

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Aye, Jhereg, get your horse here. We need to get moving. Oritil shouts. You dinnae fight too bad back there, you must say. Not insulting your skills was the best compliment the grumpy dwarf could offer, but it was honestly not surprising seeing the poorly trained guards he usually employs. You lot should feel ashamed of yerselves. Embarassed by mere kobolds. he shouts at the others. Tahjii, you scout ahead. I don't want another of these surprises.

    The guard that was taken down was Johnsen's and Max's friend, Eren. He was stable for now, but the injury was severe. His body was frozen solid, and only his inherent toughness saved him from succumbing to hypothermia. You wrap him in a few sheets, but there is not enough time to create a fire. His wheezing breath is bothersome, but you cannot help him further here.

    Jhereg's horse drags the logs away, and you pick up speed again. You travel through the woods again, thirty minutes, an hour, always on edge with every minor sound. The hawks screaming above even made the younger halfling girl cry. You travel amongst the woods, right into a swarm of glowing insects. As you ride through them, you discover tiny cherubic and winged humanoids, faintly glowing like fireflies. The woods become very dense here, almost removing the natural light sources. Right before a turning point, two small boys wave the caravan to halt.

    Spoiler: HUGE IMAGES
    Show



    The shorter kid hides behind the slightly taller boy, shying away from Tahjii and even Jhereg. The older boy - dragging a big cutting axe behind him - eventually asks the group. Please, can you pick us up? Our parents travelled alone through the woods, but we lost them. We don't know where to go. Oritil, touched by the kids quickly jumps down from his coach box. Do you know where your parents are? We cannae take yew away if they are looking fer ya. Johnsen chimes in, seemingly trying to take charge of the situation. You are safe with us now, kids.

    Spoiler: Sense Motive DC 14
    Show
    Oritil does not seem happy with Johnsen taking charge.


    Spoiler: Know (Local) DC 18
    Show
    This is the heart of the woods, fey are plentiful here, as are beasts. Depending on your skills, the one or the other are more dangerous to you. For these kids, it is probably both.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg, Knight Aspirant of Iomedae
    HP's: 10 of 23 | AC: 17 | Flatfooted: 16 | Touch: 11 | CMD: 16 | FCMD: 15
    Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Sense Motive: 10
    Conditions: None.


    Jhereg dismounted, slowly, and approached the children, about four feet away he knelt down, to bring himself to their level, "Woods are dangerous for young men such as yourselves." He offered them a sincere look, though there was kindness there, "What are your names, lads? You live round here?"

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Terran spends time with the little halfing girl hoping to make her feel better. "Dont worry about anything. I am here for the protection of everyone in this journey." He replies trying to calm her down a bit. He stays with her for a while.

    As soon as they meet the young kids, Terran decides to look and wait for how the whole thing was going to be resolved. He understood the point of view of Johnsen. There was a chance that the parents were still out there and the possibility of taking them away didnt seem like a good idea. "Can either of you tell us where are your parents?" He decides to ask trying to at least understand the position, the kids where in.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Emma, the halfling girl, sniffles and dries her tears with her linen shirt. You promise? Do you shoo away the monsters with your weird hissing sounds? she asks, referring to your warbled speech during the fight from before.

    You approach the boys, as they look confused in Jhereg's face. Please, we do not know.Take this axe, master dwarf. It is all we have of father. Oritil holds out his hand. You see envy in Johnsen's eyes as he pushes Oritil away and takes the axe for himself. The large woodsman holds his head before twohanding the axe, measuring at Oritil and swinging the axe into the stomach of the caravan leader. The dwarf takes the hit, and drops, bleeding.

    Suddenly every guard is alert, and approaches Johnsen. WHAT WAS THAT FOR? Max cries out to his friend. The kids draw back but they do not flinch as the dwarves' blood splatters their faces.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you fight Johnsen? Pin him down? Talk it out?

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]


    Tahjii shifted uncomfortably in his saddle as they made their pay through the more unnatural stretches of the wood. The unusual patches brought on unwelcome memories from the Fangwood which he'd wished he could forget. It was enough to keep him upright and alert, eyes passing about, hoping to leave the pass and put those memories of darker glens behind him. As good as he was at fleeing, no man could escape the past. His eyes narrowed as movement ahead captured his attention. Children? He tightened his grip on his lance, a dense pit forming in his throat. He didn't speak despite the unsettling feeling in the back of his mind. Perhaps that conditioned fear was mistaken. Perhaps there was nothing amiss with lost children emerging amid the surreal growth. He watched the stout man hack down the dwarf with the axe. Perhaps not.

    "It's bewitched!" The words came out more like a hiss as he slid out from the saddle, keeping the long stone spear between himself and the enthralled man defensively. He didn't want to hurt the man, but the thought of trying to wrestle him down seemed too dangerous, both in the event of success or failure. Perhaps the axe was be-spelled, or perhaps it was a sentient thing, he could have imagined all manner of assumptions but he was willing to bet it was the mischief of those two 'boys'. Spirits, demons, possessed children, extraplanar creatures? He didn't know, but he decided to take a gamble. He'd learned the hard way how some children of the forest were prone to bloody trickery, but that didn't mean they were all unreasonable evil things. Gesturing towards the boys with a nod, he spoke in a tongue he had not uttered in a very long time. *("A clever trick. I am no foe of the Winter Court, perhaps you might release the big-man's enchantment?")
    *(Indicates Aklo Speech)


    Spoiler: OOC: Checks
    Show
    SKILL CHECKS
    Tahjii - Diplomacy (1d20+6)[24] post#20
    DETAILS
    Spoiler: KUMIIR, STORMING FREE STATUS
    Show

    KUMIIR, STORMING FREE
    Advanced War Horse, Combat Trained (CR 2)

    N Large animal
    Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

    DEFENSE

    AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +2 natural, –1 size, +4 armor)
    Hp 19 (2d8+10)
    Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

    OFFENSE

    Speed 50 ft.
    Melee 2 hooves +5 (1d4+5)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

    STATISTICS

    Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
    Base Atk +1; CMB +7; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
    Feats Endurance, RunB
    Skills Perception +8


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tahjii Running Wind
    Sheet

    Shoanti (Human) - Tamiir-Quah | Divine Marksman Ranger/Investigator UC Rogue
    Player: Mornings

    DEFENSE
    ⛨ HP 17/17
    ⛨ AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 16
    Fort 3, Ref 6, Will -2
    Speed 20 | Init 3

    OFFENCE
    CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1

    MELEE
    Kuachet, Piercing Earth (Irespan Basalt Lance) +4 (1d8+2, x3)

    RANGED
    ⯎ x3 Crystal Branch (Glass Shortspear) +3 (1d6+2, x2)
    ⯎ x6/8 Glass Chakram +4 (1d8+2, x2)

    STATISTICS
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 14
    Condition None

    Last edited by Mornings; 2020-07-09 at 07:09 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Aethon appreciates being out of the sun's glare. He's almost beginning to enjoy this section of the trip: they had a good fight earlier where he threw around plenty of fire, and now the terrain has become quite pleasant. When the group meets the children, Aethon is lost in his own thoughts and barely notices that they've stopped. Until the boy starts to hand over the axe, when he finally catches up with what's happening. These idiots have no idea what the "children" in front of them really are. Nor does Aethon, for that matter, but at least he understands that they're not real children, and that...oh, no, that idiot is accepting an enchanted weapon from them. Aethon shouts out a warning, but it's too late - the woodsman takes the axe, and the enchantment takes hold.

    Seeing Tahjii drawing his weapon, he calls out to him and anyone else listening: "Get the axe away from him! Without touching it yourself!" His own skills aren't exactly suited to that sort of thing, so he grabs a tanglefoot bag and throws it at Johnson; that should at least slow him down. He then turns to keep an eye on the "children", preparing another bomb in case it's needed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Friendly reminder that I have a constant effect detect magic. I'm making some guesses as to the nature of the axe here, if I'm wrong then I'll need to rewrite a bit.

    (1d20+6)[18] Ranged touch attack for the tanglefoot bag. If it hits, Johnson is entangled and must make a DC15 reflex save or be stuck in place. This has a range increment of 10ft which I haven't accounted for in the above roll as I don't know how far away I am; I'd like to position myself about 20ft away so he can't reach me in a single move action post tanglefooting, and will throw either before or after moving, whichever is better.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg, Knight Aspirant of Iomedae
    HP's: 10 of 23 | AC: 17 | Flatfooted: 16 | Touch: 11 | CMD: 16 | FCMD: 15
    Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Sense Motive: 10
    Conditions: None.


    The blood splattered across his face, the face of the children, Tahjii, lowered his spear began to speak to the children in some foreign language, but the threat remained. Johnsen was not in his right mind, something was wrong, but Jhereg knew the man was a threat, Oritil's bleeding form a testament to that fact. Jhereg moved forward, in a low crouch, circling around to Johnsen's back even as Max screamed at his friend, in confusion.

    Sensing an opening, he surged forward, throwing his arms wide in an attempt to wrap them around the man's own, pinning the weapon to his body, to hold him there, he only hoped that Iomedae gave him the strength to do so.

    Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show
    OOC: Attempting to Grapple the target, not using rage, so it is a base attack, using my CMB vs the target's CMD I believe, however, I do believe it draws an AoO unless he is suitably distracted. My AC is 16, so hopefully I can avoid it, CMB check, (1d20+7)[15]. Not great, but hopefully enough.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-07-10 at 06:57 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg stays his blade and rather tries to pin down Johnsen. The lumberjack feels threatened and swings the axe into the Iomedaen warrior. In between these acts, a bag of sticky liquid hits Johnsen, glueing him to the ground. He pushes his legs against the chemical compound but can't win and is pinned down under the strong grapple of Jhereg. The lumberjack lets loose of his weapon and struggles against the weight of the warrior, but to no avail.

    Meanwhile some guards flock to the injured Oritil. He is breathing! Quick, get the medic. they shout. Others clamor for Johnsen's head. He is a distrustful traitor. and Strangle him! is shouted at you. The children in front of you look at the fight in fear and run towards the back of the trail. Tahjii can see them moving by, but is doing his best to keep the crowd calm. Young emma holds out her hand to help the kids into the caravan but is quickly pulled back by her father.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg, Knight Aspirant of Iomedae
    HP's: 10 of 23 | AC: 17 | Flatfooted: 16 | Touch: 11 | CMD: 16 | FCMD: 15
    Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Sense Motive: 10
    Conditions: None.


    Jhereg released the grapple, kicked the axe away, looked to the crowd, "Don't touch that sarding axe!" He then turned his attention back to Johnsen, "They're not going to hurt you Johnsen, but look at Oritil! That's on you ... I'm going to reach for my rope, and bind your hands, but nobody here is going to hurt you til we figure out what happened here, yeah?"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    OOC: Blocking him from running, but trying to interpose myself between him and the crowd.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Aethon looks carefully at Johnson, then points at the children. "Focus on those things! I think the spell they cast on Johnson has ended already. And you," he points at Johnson, "stop fighting before you cause more damage!"

    So saying, he prepares to hurl his bomb at the children.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aethon intends to throw a bomb at the children. I'm pausing before I do it in case someone wants to try to do/say something to stop him, but I intend to throw before any of the enemies get another chance to act.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-07-11 at 06:49 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Aria Lufo, Inspiring Commander

    "What in the Nine Hells is going on?! Tahjii, don't let those kids get to the woods! ... Here, I'll help with his hands. Yes, please, nobody touch that damned axe!"

    Upon hearing that Oritil is still with the living, Aria gave a sigh of relief. "Terran, would you be so kind as to heal our caravan master before he bleeds out on the road?" She was too busy assisting with the ropes to pay attention to the dwarf, but there was a sarcasm in her voice leading others to think she assumed the healer wasn't anywhere near the person requiring assistance.

    As Aethon hefted up one of his concoctions, Aria pointed a stern finger at him. "Have you lost your mind too? We don't need any more explosions to tell the entire woods exactly where we are. Get the dwarf in the wagon, get the healer in the same wagon, and let's get the hell out of here! Tahjii, you know what, if they wanna run, let 'em."




    Spoiler: OOC: Actions
    Show

    ✥ Aid Another for Survival to tie ropes (1d20+4)[14] vs dc 10; grants +6


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Aria Lufo
    Sheet

    Human | Cavalier (Inspiring Commander)
    Player: Deadguy

    DEFENSE
    ⛨ HP 1/16
    ⛨ AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 16
    Fort 3, Ref 2, Will 0
    Speed 30 | Init 5

    OFFENCE
    CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus +1

    MELEE
    Guisarme +5 (2d4+3, x3)

    RANGED
    Light Crossbow +4 (1d8, 19-20 / x2)

    STATISTICS
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition None
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2020-07-12 at 11:00 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Terran remembers about what he knew on magic auras. Atthe very least, he could scan the children to see if they were dangerous. "I can try to see if there is magic involved. It shouldnt be hard to do." Terran replies. "I can even try this on the axe."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Casting detect magic and trying to detect auras on the chldren.

    Knowledge Arcana roll if anything is detected. (1d20+8)[19]
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]


    Watching the children begin to slink back into the wooded depths, he raised a hand to halt the strange alchemists movement when the man produced the unusual weapon. "No fire..." His voice came out as a hiss. Flames in forests were already a risky maneuver, but when paired with the darker, more sinister reaches of the wood, it could only spell trouble. "Perhaps they are be-spelled... Or children of the forest. We should be wary of enchantment. Just as we should be wary of attention. Attention, like from flame and thunderous sound." The rider sighed when Lufo directed him to capture the little ones. A chase beneath the dense boughs and through thick brambles was a quick way to find oneself dead or isolated in the lightless reaches of a woodland labyrinth.

    When the order was rescinded he gave a stern nod, blowing out a gout of smoke from his nose as he re-lit the remaining bit of his cigar. Turning back towards Kumiir, he remounted the horse with a swift movement. It was good the woman seemed to retain her wits and take control of the situation, though he didn't like the precarious nature of their environment. They should make every effort to move with a quickness. "-And now no dwarf. So command is yours? I recommend haste. Stop for no-one and nothing until we cross the gate." He pulled the burning tobacco from his lips and sniffed the air ominously in a profound gesture, his voice a mere whisper. "An ill omen rests beneath these woods."

    Spoiler: OOC: Checks
    Show
    SKILL CHECKS
    Tahjii - None
    DETAILS
    Spoiler: KUMIIR, STORMING FREE STATUS
    Show

    KUMIIR, STORMING FREE
    Advanced War Horse, Combat Trained (CR 2)

    N Large animal
    Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

    DEFENSE

    AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +2 natural, –1 size, +4 armor)
    Hp 19 (2d8+10)
    Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

    OFFENSE

    Speed 50 ft.
    Melee 2 hooves +5 (1d4+5)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

    STATISTICS

    Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
    Base Atk +1; CMB +7; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
    Feats Endurance, RunB
    Skills Perception +8


    Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tahjii Running Wind
    Sheet

    Shoanti (Human) - Tamiir-Quah | Divine Marksman Ranger/Investigator UC Rogue
    Player: Mornings

    DEFENSE
    ⛨ HP 17/17
    ⛨ AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 16
    Fort 3, Ref 6, Will -2
    Speed 20 | Init 3

    OFFENCE
    CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1

    MELEE
    Kuachet, Piercing Earth (Irespan Basalt Lance) +4 (1d8+2, x3)

    RANGED
    ⯎ x3 Crystal Branch (Glass Shortspear) +3 (1d6+2, x2)
    ⯎ x6/8 Glass Chakram +4 (1d8+2, x2)

    STATISTICS
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 14
    Condition None


  28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg manages to bring Johnsen to submit. The kids made me do it. Johnsen exclaims but does not resist the knight's iron grip. He is bound swiftly.

    The kids approach the place where the halfling kids peeked out. Seeing Terran's inquisitive look, they swiftly climb aboard the coach, you hear a suffocated gurgling inside there, it reminds you of the kid's father.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I assume you take 10 for your CMB, Jhereg, so the escape artist DC is 10+your CMB.


    Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    The children leave a trail of constant transmutation magic, and Johnsen has a quickly fading aura of enchantment.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Forest of the Darkmoon Vale [IC]

    Jhereg, Knight Aspirant of Iomedae
    HP's: 10 of 23 | AC: 17 | Flatfooted: 16 | Touch: 11 | CMD: 16 | FCMD: 15
    Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Sense Motive: 10
    Conditions: None.


    Jhereg helped Johnsen up, "It's alright, the rope is to protect you from your companions fear and anger," an enchantment, a cloud that descends on your mind and you come to your wits only to discover yourself covered in blood and viscera. It was at that point that Jhereg was able to empathize with the older man, "I, for one, believe you when you say you were not of the right mind. We've been witness to ill tidings, we must make haste."

    He looked at the axe in the mud and stepped carefully around it, before turning towards the Corporal, "Find those children, please," he nodded towards the wagon train where they had disappeared, "they are a threat to us all. I'll stay with Johnsen to ensure his safety, from children or his fellows."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •