New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Bastion of the Dragon's Blade IC

Spoiler: Game Links
    Show

Baron Bartholomew Black, has summoned the heroes to his castle in a vain effort to win their aid in a quest of great importance.
    Mighty adventurer's it seems there is ill news and the realm is in dire need of great heroes such as your selves.
    It seems that several dragons have appeared and a horde of evil follow them. The dragons and their evil have spread themselves out over the region the exact locations I do not know. but what I do know is the last of them that came near here, and completely decimated my entire standing guard and now I must recall the armies from afar to guard the cities to prevent them from falling.
    I ask you heroes to go and eliminate the evil dragon threat and all that follow them.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-06-25 at 05:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Bastion of the Dragon's Blade IC

Entering the castle quietly, V'Qarra had listened to the Baron's request for aid, keeping a little to the side of the group. Tall, with silvery hair and delicate features, the Elf seemed a little apart of the proceedings, though her dark blue-grey eyes were focused and sharp. After the baron's initial request, she speaks "Your lordship, can you make the reports of your armies available to us? Knowing what manner of creatures follow in these fel dragon's hordes would be of great aid in their defeat."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

"All manner of creatures from those that crawl and walk to those that fly." then orders the guards to bring forth the head, after some time passes eight strong looking men drag in a rather large looking head of a beast who's skin looks leathery rough with slightly curled horns from its head. "My scholars had declared that" pointing to the head "some sort of abberation or demon, it killed one hundred and twenty of my men before it was destroyed"
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-06-26 at 08:09 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hinata walks closer to the head and leans over to take a closer look. She whistles, "Now that's a beast, I can hear my sword thirsting for the blood of such a creature." she stands back up and looks to their host, "What's in all this for us?" Sure she was already sold, but she had to play hard to get.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

beyond that of what you may find along your path, I can offer a parcel of land tax free. But only if you are successful. and of course a boat ride to the mainland for all of you and your mounts.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Amber looked at the severed head. It was impressive work, she had no idea what the creature was, but going off the size it could not be an easy feat. Still it seemed a grizzly trophy to keep. Perhaps it was here for a scholarly purpose, to find out what they face. Although it sounds like they are followed by all manner of evil.

The dragon's themselves, where they of only one color or as I am beginning to suspect dragons of all types?
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I have received reports from all the other of the 11 kingdoms, and none agree to any particular color in those reports, what is agreed to is the mass devastation that they and those that follow are causing.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

V'Qarra moves over towards the head and leans forwards, lips pursed as she studies it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Trying to identify the monster by its head.

Knowledge: Arcana (1d20+16)[36]
    Knowledge: Planes (1d20+15)[21]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    V'Qarra moves over towards the head and leans forwards, lips pursed as she studies it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Trying to identify the monster by its head.

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]
    Knowledge: Planes [roll1]
    you think it is the head of a Hecatoncheires

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The elf-woman lets out a concerned 'oh' as she studies the head. She then turns to the Baron and raises an eyebrow, a look of curiosity and slight confusion on her features. "You say your men managed to kill this creature? It is the head of a monster far more powerful than anyone here, I have a hard time believing that, outside of some unusual elements, even an army of your soliders managed to bring it down, could you explain a little more of what you understand happened?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I do not have all of the details of the battle from the commander as I do not usually trouble my self with such details. However I do know that a legion with a score of siege weapons to aid them is what it took to win the day.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

V'Qarra nods, tapping her chin with a finger and still frowning, a look of concern on her features. She glances over towards the other heroes gathered, trying to, well, size them up.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Ic:

Amber looks on at the giant's head uncertain what monstrosity it is. Aside from dragons, and a handful of creatures from other planes, she had little knowledge of monsters. It sounds like we can not escape this problem, so the issue of pay may as well be tabled for now. As we can either fight alone or together and I prefer the latter. So the question now becomes one of guidance. Where might we begin?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Where might we begin?
    The Baron speaking up. A well armed experienced group such as yourselves might travel by boat to the mainland and look for evil as you go about tracking down clues in the various towns and cities. I am sure every one has been afflicted with this evil in some sort of way. You might travel as far as the kingdom of Greyhawk to Castle Greyhawk there you might gain information otherwise not available elsewhere, and who knows you might even get to see the king himself.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-06-29 at 06:34 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

At that amber bows to the king, she abruptly turns leaving the thrown room and heads in the direction of the nearest port.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

V'Qarra follows along behind Amber, still in thought about the head and what it means. After they pass through the gates the elf seems to suddenly jerk and picks up the pace to walk alongside the human. "Hello, we should probably speak as we walk. I am V'Qarra. A pleasure."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I am Amber Onyxscale. she continues walking for a few moments quietly. Sorry I am unaccustomed to speaking. I try and say only what needs to be said, part of my personal code.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Hinata, V'Qarra, Amber

You are bid farewell from the baron having been given a token for boat passage to the mainland.
    while the road to the port is not long, it does permit you enough time to get introductions out of the way

At the port there are slips for fifteen boats at the moment only one slip has a boat in it, its a rather large vessel looks quiet capable of handling all of you and all of your animals. After some time looking and asking around, you eventually find the first mate to whom you speak about passage to the mainland he informs you they are headed for Kofeh with no planed stops in between. If this is acceptable the token from the baron will be enough for the trip all that would be asked of you is to stay out of the way of the crew and to feed yourselves.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-06-30 at 07:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

She would take the token as it seemed the others had walked out. She would wait till they got outsides before she would joh to catch up. "Whoa, hey you don't want to forget this!" she says, holding up the token. She would also have them stop while she got her mount from the stable. Coming back, she would accompany them to the docks. "My name is Hinata, and this here is Sadashi" she would introduce both herself and her clockwork steed.

She would see if the others would accept the deal, then would bow. "Allow me to purchase some supplies, and I will return. Per chance how long will the journey be?"
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2020-06-30 at 01:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

you have until the evening high tide (about 2 hours) to make any purchases you feel you may need.
    the journey I would estimate if the winds are with us to take about ten days and nights (10).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Allowing the swift-lived to organize the trip, V'Qarra stays quiet and a little serene as they make their way down to the docks. "V'Quarra is my name, and it is good to meet you Hinata. I require little in the way of supplies, but... can either of you heal injuries?" she asks the others before they break for the two hour weight. "It might be prudent for us to pool resources and get a brace of potions?"

22. - Top - End - #22

A large dark feathered hawk drops from over the rooftops into the roadway. As it nears the ground the form blurs, twisting and shifting into a gnarled old man. Seemingly woven of scar tissue, tattoos and hair the man moves stiffly. A flowing beard offsets the completely bald pate over his sparkling green eyes. Leaning heavily on his staff he takes a few shuffling steps over to the gathered group.

"Hello! Hello! Sorry to be late, had some business that kept me. Hmmm, yes, important business! The Baron asked me to catch up with you before you left, seems he thinks this is all so dangerous he needs to drag me away from my nice warm hearth." The man absently scratches at scars and obviously badly healed breaks as he speaks. Shuffling up to the gathered group he offers a hand twisted by years and injury.

"I'm Eindashe Kohlrhender, please just call me Ashe. It would seem we're out to save things again eh? Heh heh" His laugh turns to a short hacking cough that wracks his skeletal frame.

"Ah, pardon me, yes yes pardon me indeed. Auspex is about somewhere I'm sure, pesky bird, he'll be coming with us as well and no doubt begging for scraps the whole trip. Is there business that needs tending before we board?" Ashe waves vaguely at the sky while speaking, a large golden brown hawk is visible circling the area high above.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2020-07-02 at 02:06 PM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

you each do what ever it is that you wish to do for the 2 hours
    if making purchases, common stuff from the 3.5 phb equipment is available at book cost, but weapons and armor are not available.
    common potions under 300 like cure light wounds available at cost
    no other equipment is available

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Amber stops guiding her horse onto the ships galley way to eye the newcomer, likely a member of a druid circle of sort. Clearly a veteran of several battles, possibly a few wars given the frequency of injuries. Clearly no one to underestimate.

In response to V'Quarra's question Amber answered simply. "I have knowledge of the positive energy plane that allows a body to rapidly heal. However for more unnatural wounds, I need to resort more directly to magic restoration." She then resumes loading the horse onto the ship. Once onboard she considers how best to get the animal into the ships cargo hold.

25. - Top - End - #25

"Mmm, mmm yes. I have a few minor healing magics available and can shapeshift into things which have some capabilities for healing and restorations. It is not exactly my specialty, but enough to help ease the burden most certainly. I don't need to do any shopping we can go as soon as the boat is ready."

OOC: We can assume names exchanged and hands shook without typing it all out since you guys just finished that and I'm joining late.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2020-07-02 at 02:06 PM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

V'Qarra nods and smiles. "We should be well-provisioned then. I am a mage, moderately skilled, and I focus on the bow as a conduit for said magic. So I have many things I can do, but healing is not among them." she explains, in a bemused tone as she studies the ship. "Provisions? I do not require much in the way of nutrition myself, deriving it from magical means, but do any of you require food?"

27. - Top - End - #27

Ashe glances over at V'Qarra and nods. "Nah lass, while a good meal really hits the spot sometimes, I've come to rely on magic when out and about in the world as well." As they approach the boat Ashe eyes it with skepticism, boats having a long and distinguished history of sinking when combined with heroes.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2020-07-02 at 02:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

You board the ship and have stowed your mounts. your quarters are the first deck below the main deck towards the rear of the boat near the stairs up. as you sail out of sight of the port there is only a light breeze.

day 1
    Light air event
    Wind: WSW at 1 knots
    unless the party has control weather/wind this is a lost day
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-07-02 at 07:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

V'Qarra gathers the others, leaning against the door to her cabin as they arrive. "Wind is rather slow. Should we need to, I have the ability to teleport us to a location on the coast, but such an expenditure of power might be premature. But I wanted to offer it to you as a potential shortcut."

30. - Top - End - #30

Ashe scratches a finger on his chin, then uses them all to brush out his beard a bit while speaking. "Mmm, yes I was hoping to study some of the wildlife during the trip, but the Baron did seem to think this was fairly pressing. Yes, pressing. Mmmhmmm. Does anyone have an objection to teleporting closer to our destination?"