Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 49: I donít remember what it looks like either

[Rolling Hills]

Ah, come on Zabb. That might not be the reason. Maybe Selekhael just didn't want to use her shotgun because it would be ineffective from so far away?

"aaaaaaAAAHOOF!" THUMP!

Oh look. Lapis came over to join them. Having just landed near Zabb and Selekhael in a tangle of limbs the little seraph rights herself and decides to start spooling up her CANNON! The weapon begins making an ominous humming noise as she aims her back-mounted turret at the buggane.

Speaking of the buggane, it just mashed another putti.

Poor putti. That's a tutorial fail. They'll have to take it over again.

So!

Arukhael is sprinting away from the buggane, occasionally taking pot-shots at it with his weapon. Zabb's squiggly beam slams into it, searing its flank. The remaining putti are still firing wildly at the monster. And Selekhael just smashed an entropy wave into it that appears as though it is causing its regenerative abilities to HARM it instead!

Oooh. Good call there, Selekhael. This is making the damage really stack up now.
    Warning! Random Encounterô detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmśre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolling Hills

It was less "I don't need your help" and more "I need my front paws free to use my eldritch power." Speaking of which, Selekhael is glad it's having an effect. She pounces towards the buggane and fires her shotgun. This time she's much closer, and she can catch it in the temporal shredding the weapon emits.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Tidepools

This crab comes in this size because it started off large, and kept growing.

It doesn't stay moving for long, just enough that June and Snapdragon can really see how huge it is, and then it stops, starting to dig into the seabed, flinging masses of sand, loose rocks and chunks of shipwreck into the air before stopping and settling. The eyes drop back into recesses in the shell, and it stops moving, apparently to stay for a while. Possibly a long while; last time it stayed still in water this shallow, it stayed put for so long someone built a lighthouse on it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

4. - Top - End - #574

[Tidepools]

Well.

Not really tidepools anymore.

The tidal wave caused by the crab simply moving through the water (not to mention burying itself off shore) is enough to absolutely pulverize the beach that Snapdragon was doing her study on.

Not that she cares.

Why do they come in that size? Not a crab, but a mountain?

"Oh my gosh I don't believe I actually got to see it!" Snapdragon dithers, glancing over at Seraphina in giddy delight. "I had heard stores about a giant crab with a light house built on its back but there wasn't any actual documentation! But there it is! It's the size of an island! Oh my gosh this is so COOL! I wonder if there's a way to get out here maybe a boat that could be chartered? There has GOT to be something going on to harden it against the square-cube law, otherwise it would be imploding under its own weight. Maybe I could get a DNA sample from it? Ooooh I can't believe how lucky I am!"

And then?

She pulls a digital camera out of her pack and begins taking pictures.

She HAD been taking pictures of hermit crabs on a little plastic background earlier but this is WAY cooler.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Tidepools]

The creature is SO LARGE that it's kind-of playing tricks on her mind about the objects flying off of them. Are they small and flying towards them fast? Or are they really large rocks and just far away?

Just in case, Seraphina raises an arm to protect her head, since there are still mist and pressure waves in the air and even - this may be her imagination - but she thinks she can feel sand blowing into her.
    She watches bits of shipwreck flinging around, too.
    It might be interesting exploring the shipwrecks after everything settles down, since there's probably loads of things that were dragged up to the surface.

"It's incredibly impressive," she says. "Never seen an animal that big. Maybe you should also get a material sample from its shell? 'cause it's got to be incredibly strong." And "There's got to be a boat around somewhere, unless they all were dashed against rocks from the wave." Which seems incredibly likely. "A makeshift raft shouldn't be too hard to make, with all the shipwreck debris everywhere."

She then says with an entirely serious tone of voice, "I don't think your mass scale or calipers will be big enough."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #576

[Tidepools]

And then just as quickly the crab is done. Just sort of sitting there, looking like a weird island. Honestly it's impressive that the lighthouse and soil that had built up on the crab is still hanging onto it at all. Snapdragon is considering what part of the crab would be the most viable sample-taking location. Would she need special tools to chip its shell? It couldn't JUST be regular crab chiten, it would collapse under its own weight.

"Man, now I kind of wish I was as good with magicing up vines and wood and stuff as my sister," Snapdragon says as she gazes out at the absolutely absurdly large crab. "I bet she could make a boat."

Then she laughs at comment about her equipment.

"Haha, yeah! No way would my calipers work on HER! I would need surveying equipment to get an accurate measurement," Snapdragon says as she paces atop the bluffs. "Ugh. I might need to pick out a new site for my study, though. This beach probably got messed up pretty bad by those waves. Hermit crabs don't really like deep water or strong currents. I hope there weren't many sucked back out by the backwash..."

Well...

They could wait a little while for the water to calm down and head back down the bluff. Check things out? Hmm...

Oh, wait.

Snapdragon slaps her forehead.

"Duh, I can call Lambslaural and see if she can help with boat making."

And then she doesn't pull out a phone.

Instead she pulls a white plum blossom off her haunches and begins to magic at it.

First the petals fall off, drifting gently to the short grass atop the bluff. Then the base of the flower begins rapidly swelling, turning from green to yellow to bright candy red just like the snapdragons in the gaiad's hair. Once she's holding a ripe plum, Snap digs her nails into the top and rips the fruit in half to extract the pit. She holds out the fruit's flesh for Seraphina to take while she shoves the plum pit into the soil and tamps it down with a hoof.

7. - Top - End - #577

[Tidepools]

Seraphina is secretly pleased that she got Snapdragon to laugh at that.

"I kind-of wonder what it eats and how often," she says to herself. "It probably hibernates or something, too, otherwise it'd have to just eat constantly."

She looks down at the washed-up beach, looking for good wood. If they're going to build a boat, then they'll need to find decent things. Oh! Or maybe soda bottles. Those make good boats, too. Soda bottles and reeds. Especially if they don't have magic vines available.

She watches the plum magic. "I've seen bananas used as phones but I think plums are the wrong shape," she says, trying to guess and figure out what Snapdragon's going to do.

Seraphina looks at the plum flesh, and grabs it.
    Even though it technically came off her and is magic, it has to be edible. If it weren't edible, she wouldn't have handed it over.
    She takes a bite out of the fruit, and continues eating it while watching the plum pit spot in anticipation.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #578

Innawoods

"E-er, yes, I can- we can do that," Blanche manages to stutter out, any anxieties about how likely someone might be to stumble across them here forgotten when she finds herself watching Fidella disrobe. It shouldn't be hard for either of them to pull the curtain here at this point.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

9. - Top - End - #579

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Walk in the Woods - Thariza]

Now there's lava. That's just great. She's not unused to lava, the Flame Legion seem to find lava everywhere they go, but that doesn't mean she likes it. She dodges and rolls backwards, which carries her further than it should in a flurry of Mist energy. She lands and puts her right hand on the ground, gathering power to summon the spectre of a Charr spellcaster, who begins to bombard the creature with chilling bolts. Hopefully that will slow it down.

[Journey to the Center of the Elves]

Ramuq's surface thoughts are loud and clear to Korrina: he's very afraid. He's confronted with his people's deep, primal fear, suddenly brought to him by a trio of strangers. He doesn't know what to do and his thoughts are scrambling for a solution. Zhareen and Eao's questions don't seem to help him much, as he simply does not know much.

"There are dark fey who yet remember him, or wish they did. Where they dwell, I do not know," he says. "Nor do I know of any magic or weapons that could harm or imprison one of the Gentry." He licks his lips. "I think you need to speak to someone else. I've already said too much and I don't know this story very well. Perhaps... our speaker, who communicates with our patron the most."
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Journey to the Center of the Elves

"That might be wise. We will do everything in our power to help protect your people." Eon tries to be reassuring. He's a wise old man, he can do that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Hm, Korrina was hoping to get a bit more out of that. No matter, there were others around. Her techniques won't be so necessary if they're going to start being so forthcoming now, however.

The creature doesn't seem to like being bombarded by spells at all. In fact, it seems rather confused by everything Thariza is doing right now. As the apparition appears and starts throwing orbs at it and lava appears from nowhere it seems to think better of it and starts to retreat.
    But as it does starts to move away from Thariza she can see a group of smaller humanoid creatures clad in golden armor coming sprinting out of the mushroom forest.

They immediately start to attack her attacker but if they're actually on her side is less certain. They came out of nowhere after all and there are quite a number of them.

"Good work! And now we even got help!" The other Ambrosia exclaims.

Zhareen claps her hands. "That sounds promising, thank you!" She turns to Korrina. "You heard that, Korrina? Do you want to talk to their speaker perhaps? Reaching out to communities like Ramuq's is going to be great experience for you. The others will be so jealous." In fact, the reason she had picked Korrina of all people is that her wife had recommended her. So far she hadn't really been as promising as Vax had made her out to be though. More ambition than caution.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

Not Tidepools

The crab-island is relatively smooth, save where the lighthouse's foundations were blasted into the shell. Her last resting place was a collection of small, rocky, storm-wracked islets, of which she was the largest, which is why she was the chosen site for the lighthouse. Any soil that developed upon it wouldn't have lasted long, between rain and tide. Here, where the water is calmer, she might develop some soil and plants, though it would take a while. She's not looking very crabby right now; her eyes have been retracted back into the shell, and her legs and claws are buried in the sand and gravel.

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

11. - Top - End - #581

[Tidepools]

The plum is juicy and sweet with very little tartness. It's a really tasty plum and Seraphina is likely to get plum juice all over her chin when she bites into it.

"Things that big are almost always filter feeders," Snap says as she watches a plum tree begin rapidly growing from the planted pit. "There's a ton of food floating around in the ocean and if you have a HUGE mouth getting a bunch of it isn't that hard."

It only takes a few minutes for the tree to grow to full size! Wow! That's pretty impressive! Once the tree is full sized (nearly forty feet!) another (naked) gaiad steps out of it. She looks identical to the first one, save for the fact that she has little pink flowers in her hair rather than bright red snapdragons.

"Hey Lambsy! Need your help building a boat," Snapdragon declares.

"O-oh! You have company. Um... I'm sorry..." Lambslaural says to Seraphina, blushing furiously. She pulls a few leaves off her tree and a bit of magic later she's wearing a passable tunic made of leaves and gossamer.

Huh.

Well, that's tricky.

"Um... why do you need a bo-"
    "To get to the GIANT CRAB!" Snap says, putting an arm around her sister's shoulders and pulling her close. She points across the water. "Right there! Isn't she AMAZING! Biggest crab EVER!"

"Um... is it... is it on that island?" Lambslaural asks hesitantly.

"NOPE! She IS the island!"

12. - Top - End - #582

[Tidepools]

Ugh, she should have eaten it more carefully. Getting juice everywhere is the worst. It means you ate it wrong, and now you're paying the price for your foolishness.

Seraphina watches the quick-growing plum tree. Being able to do that looks like it'd be extremely useful. You could basically get unlimited amounts of any fruit you want! She keeps on watching, waiting to see what happens. Will it keep on growing into a phone booth? Or a treehouse that has a phone in it? Or maybe some sort of hologram video chat? Or...
    She blinks.
    She blinks again.
    Then, finally realizing that someone came out of there, she bites her lip, also blushes, and turns her head.

Still looking away, she says, "Yeah. The giant crab suddenly surfaced which is why we're up here, and now we have to get over to it."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-11-01 at 11:31 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #583

[Tidepools]

"Um... why do you have to get to it?" Lambslaural asks.

"Oh Lambsy Lambsy Lambsy... There are important CRAB INQUIRIES that have to be satisfied! Just look at that crab!" Snap relies.

"It... um... it is pretty big," Lambslaural admits.

"Look at it~" Snap whispers.

"...I guess maybe a crab that big is important?" Lambslaural adds.

"That's the spirit! C'mon let's head down to what's left of the beach and get that boat put together."

Snapdragon goes prancing off toward the trail!

Her sister follows a little more cautiously and hesitantly. "Oh, um... hi? I'm Lambslaural," the less extroverted of the sisters says to Seraphina.

14. - Top - End - #584

[Tidepools]

Seraphina would run down the slope too, except she's afraid that the tidal wave might have made the ground a little unstable. It's definitely wet and lots of things have been knocked everywhere.

Instead, it's more like a light jog. A light jog is much easier to keep your hood on than a dead-sprint uphill.
    "Hi!" she replies to Lambslaural. "I'm Seraphina. I was just walking by when we started talking." Which explains why Snapdragon and her were together.

"But seriously," she reassures Lambslaural in a very serious tone, "a crab this big is very important. So don't worry. Your boat-making skills won't be in vain."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Chilly Forest

Krayger has made the realization that he's hardly explored the countryside around Felix's tower. And so he set out to do so.
    And like many a minotaur before him, he probably went a little bit too far in the name of exploration. Especially when he customarily went on-foot unlike his nephew with his fancy furry mount of his. At least he can still dress casually for these things. In another month even folk naturally insulated like him will have to break out the coats. Ah, well.
    For now, he's still just looking around in the woods. What can folks find there? Strange pools? Isolated manors? Bathhouses? A deer?
    You never know with these things.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #586

[Chilly Forest]

It begins snowing.

First in small flurries.

Then bigger flakes.

Then a full on snow.

Thankfully it isn't a snow storm. More a gentle snow that will none the less cover everything in a thick white blanket quite fast. This all means that it is getting cold.

Just as Krayger begins shivering he'll see a small wooden building nearby, more a shack than a house, with smoke rising from a chimney and windows all fogged up with steam. Whatever this building is, it looks warm in there. A perfect place to wait out the cold.

He could just turn around and go back the way he came... but where's the adventure in that?

[Tidepools]

"Oh, well, okay. That sounds nice,"
    Lambslaural replies, offering her small, pleasant smile. "Nice to meet you, Seraphina."

The beach does indeed look pretty busted up as a result of the crab-wave. With the water receding, some pretty big shipwreck chunks are revealed! Great big masses of wood all covered in encrusting ocean life. The gutted ribs of a ship. A few broken masts. And one really well preserved helmsman's wheel.

Snapdragon grins like an idiot, admiring all the nautical treasures.

"Man this is so cool! I can't believe I got to see this. I had heard about the gigacrab but seeing it in person? Wowie ZOWIE it's something else! I wonder if there's any sunken treasure that got washed up, too," she ponders aloud as her sister steps daintily off the trail and joins her on the beach. "Hey Lambsy you think you can work with this wood at all?"

"Um... m-maybe? I haven't r-really tried building up gossamer around human-crafted things before," she replies hesitantly.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Chilly Forest

Well. Bad day to trust your natural coat and your warm pants.
    Krayger puts a hand over his hat to keep it from blowing away. After a momentís consideration, heíll head over to the isolated building and knock on the door. No sense being rude and barging in, snow or not.

18. - Top - End - #588

[Tidepools]

"Yeah, same," Seraphina replies to Lambslaural.
    Seraphina's smile is one of the things easily visible with that hood on, so...it's a good hood.

Seraphina, since it seems unlikely she'll be able to help with the boat, moves apart and starts looking through the shipwreck treasures, looking for things like ropes or...well, anything interesting, really. She picks up the helmsman's wheel, and pretends to turn it. "There probably is a bunch of sunken treasure. Whoever finds this place is probably going to be pretty happy."

She calls out to Lambslaural: "Don't worry! I'm sure some of it was probably crafted by talking mice and badgers! Not just humans."
    She pauses for a moment, looks through more shipwreck stuff, pushing some of it away with her feet, and then calls out again, "Besides, if you can't do it, there's some uprooted trees over there -" she points inland, a little, "-I saw them while coming down that hill."
    She doesn't get why Lambslaural wouldn't be able to do it with cut wood, but figures it's got to be some weird limitation on tree magic. Cutting things makes them immune to tree magic, or whatever. Or, more likely, it's 'cause they're long-dead and it's really just growth magic. Recently-uprooted trees haven't had the chance to die yet so they might work.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-11-02 at 12:16 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #589

[Chilly Forest]

A minotaur knocks on a door!

*Thunk thunk!*

The door swings open just a little bit. About what one would expect from an unlocked, unlatched door being knocked on by a minotaur.

No one answers, though.

But!

He will feel quite a bit of warm, humid heat wafting out of the building.

It has a very particular smell to it.

A sauna smell.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

chilly forest

Krayger frowns. He isnít the BIGGEST Fan of saunas. He kinda likes them. And theyíre warm. But he feels inconsiderate for other patrons because, well. Sweaty minotaurs are not something people often like being in the same room as. Thatís why he bathes so often.
    His shampoo bills are enormous.
    But beggars canít be choosers, and neither can bovines freezing to death. Krayger slips into the shack and closes the door behind him, looking around.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Orc in the Playground

Tidepools

There's a chest nearby, as it happens. A large brass box, slightly dented and coated in verdigris, with a rusty iron padlock sealing it shut. Or there's a bunch of other stuff littered about, as well, if the mysterious chest doesn't appeal. Coins spill across a rock from a shattered barrel. An oilcloth-wrapped bundle lies against a smashed rowboat.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

"Unless they attack us once they're done with that thing," Thariza points out. She makes no hostile moves herself, however, opting to catch her breath before anything else happens.

Ramuq summons a messenger, who takes off in the direction of the town centre. Two guards appear to escort the trio in the same direction. Things get pretty chaotic, as people are aware something major is happening, even if they don't know what exactly. The guards will silently lead them towards the spire which they saw from the distance. They knock on the door and enter into what looks like an argument with someone inside. The group will have a chance to confer with each other if they wish, though naturally many eyes are on them. The people here are quiet and stoic, but their curiosity is still palpable.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #593

[Tidepools]

Snapdragon and Lambslaural are going to get to work building that boat for approaching the giant crab!

They're going to be pretty busy for the next little bit.

Which means Seraphina will have plenty of time to begin poking around at the sweet sunken treasure that just washed up and is thus no longer sunken!

This afternoon just keeps getting better and better, doesn't?

First she got to watch someone measure crabs, then she got to watch a giant crab, now she gets to watch herself cracking open some boxes of loot!

[Chilly Forest]

The shack is quite small. But the inside is-!

Also pretty small.

It isn't tiny by any means. Certainly large enough to accommodate several people comfortably. Even if one of those people is a minotaur. It's furnished with smooth, polished wooden planks, some forming benches and several more little bunks covered in a thick layer of soft moss. A stone stove of sorts sits in one corner, a wood fire crackling merrily inside it. In another corner is a hot volcanic spring, plenty large enough for a person to sit down inside of and then some. One side of the spring is quite shallow, but it grows steadily deeper. It looks like several benches have been driven into the limestone to allow a person to sit in the spring and enjoy the hot water. Water from the spring overflows the pool, running along the floor and out the back of the cabin in a little babbling brook. A wooden ladle sits near the spring for pouring water onto the rocks.

In all, it looks quite pleasant. It smells like hot spring water, a hint of sulfur, and wood smoke.

There is no one else here.

Except for a cross fox curled up in front of the wood fire, her nose tucked into her tail. She is sleeping and looks one hundred percent adorable.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

[Chilly Forest]

Huh. Well. That seems...magical.
    Would it be rude to take advantage of someone's nice little spa sitting out in the woods?
    Would they have left it unlocked if they didn't want people to?
    Either way, Krayger goes looking for a towel. He's not going to just strip naked in someone else's spa. But his warm cotton pants are already getting damp from the steam. He'll take those off since he has shorts on underneath. Maybe he can find a dry spot to stow them? And if he finds himself a towel he can enjoy the hot-spring properly without worrying about being exposed if his host arrives.
    Or if his host is that fox. That's entirely possible. Having giant hooves doesn't make for being silent, but Krayger tries not to wake the sleepy fox.

25. - Top - End - #595

[Chilly Forest]

It does, in fact, feel a little magical.

Not super magical by any means. Nothing in here seems particularly impossible. The hot spring is a normal hot spring. The wood fire is a normal wood fire. The rocks are normal rocks. The towels hanging on a drying rack near the fire are normal towels. The fox is... maybe a normal fox? She's still sleeping and hasn't reacted to the minotaur at all. Probably just nosed her way into a nice warm place and laid down for a nap.

There's a little clothing rack in one of the corners, also near the fire.

It's quite the nice little spa in here.

Very peaceful.

And?

It REALLY beats freezing to death.

Too bad there isn't a mini-fridge with snacks.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

[Chilly Forest]

Well, that's convenient. Krayger gets himself a towel and lays his stuff down in the rack.
    He doesn't go too far from it, mind you. But he's not expecting to need his weapon in a tiny spa shack. Probably just another magic person's little hideaway, like Felix's tower.
    As someone who has become a professional animal-keeper as Felix's apprentice Krayger has an instinct to find a brush for the little canid but no, that is probably a wild fox do not brush.
    Instead he settles himself down into the water to relax for a while.
    He might have to be here a while if the storm doesn't let up.

27. - Top - End - #597

[Chilly Forest]

Wow.

It sure got dark really quickly, didn't it?

Is the storm getting fiercer or-?

Oh.

No.

Nightfall just came really really quickly for some reason. Maybe the minotaur was dozing off longer than he thought he was in that nice warm volcanic spring?

Either way, shafts of pale moonlight are now shining through the windows of the shack. It is a beautiful full moon tonight.

How pleasant!

Though quite nippy.

Traveling through an icy forest at night isn't a great plan. Maybe best to wait here in the nice warm spa until morning.

The fox, ignorant of potential brushies, continues to sleep by the fire.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

[Chilly Forest]

Krayger leans back on the seat. He feels all tingly. Is it the healing waters of the spring working their mineral miracles?
    Wait does this shack have windows?
    Kray opens her eyes and looks down at her chest. Yup. There were windows.
    "Darnit." she hisses. She's not really angry at being her other self. She has fun being Kray. Not everyone has the opportunity to try on another face from time to time.
    But generally when you do it helps when you have clothes prepared. And yet this never seems to happen when she does.
    Maybe this is what she gets for seeking help from a trickster.
    Maybe if she sits here stewing in the water she'll go back. Or at least enjoy the spring more.

29. - Top - End - #599

[Chilly Forest]

At that hissing one of the fox' ears twitches.

Then she stretches, yawns, turns her head, and starts as soon as she spots the minotaur nearby.

Shocking!

Thankfully the little shack doesn't start smelling like fox musk all of a sudden. That usually happens when a fox gets startled.

The vixen is now frozen there, by the fire, watching Kray.

Is she going to run?

Bolt out through that little hole in the floor the stream passes through, maybe? Or perhapse she'll go dashing out the front door? It isn't locked, the fox should be able to shove it open.

"You shouldn't be here."

Oh, or maybe she'll just speak.

That's something she can do, too.

Her voice sounds like a woman's. Melodious and beautiful to an impossible degree. Merely the sound of her words is practically enthralling.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Chilly Forest]

Kray canít decide if sheís supposed to be scandalously covering up right now. Sheís a fox. Is she really going to mind seeing a lady in a bath? Ugh, itís been ages since she used this body. She can barely remember where to put her hands.
    ĒIím sorry if Iíve intruded. The door was open and it was freezing out there so I let myself in. Iíll leave if you demand it.Ē she offers politely. Maybe the fox is the owner?