Results 1,381 to 1,387 of 1387
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 49: I donít remember what it looks like either

[iDungeon]

Behind the tapestry?

An alcove!

And in that alcove?

Another little pedestal holding a pearl that shines with heavenly light.

Linus will get the impression from the sword that this is the second of three gems that was removed from her.

Score?

"Is that another one of the missing bits?" Jeany asks as she rolls the tapestry up and shoves it into her pack.

Loot everything!

[Found a Fortress]

"Okay, I'm coming down!" Pepper calls out as she grabs the rope with her hands and braces her hooves against the wall of the shaft, toes spread wide. It looks like she's actually getting a pretty decent grip on the surface with those stone hooves of hers. Then? She begins descending. Once she reaches the end of the shaft and finds herself dangling over empty space she loops the rope around her back legs and begins shuffling steadily downward. It isn't a particularly fast process but the gaiad seems to know what she's doing.

Spako will probably have an easy time getting down on account of his smolness. Well. Current smallness. He can be pretty big when he wants to be.

Meanwhile!

A June nears the bridge she'll be able to hear... chanting? coming from the strange stone monument at the back of the dais. Some of the sigils carved into the rock look like they're glowing.
    Warning! Random Encounterô detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmśre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus grins.
    "Bingo. Looks like this level's gem." Linus greedily plucks the pearl off the pedestal and sticks it into the slot in Friendly But Unnamed Sword under the first pearl that they recovered.
    Who knows what fantastic things it will have in store for him this time?

Found a Fortress

Once Pepper is safely down the rope Spako grabs hold and slides down with his wings open to slow himself. Doing so, along with his scales, prevent his hands from suffering rope-burn.
    "Oh, it's cozy down here. Too bad it's so far away from home. Could always use more forts. I bet Sylvess' kobolds could really fix this place up." he muses as he looks around.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1383

[iDungeon]

The second gem is restored.

With this new source of power, the sword can store the harm its mystic shield absorbs and release it as a searing arc of heavenly light.

Righteous retribution!

When enough power has been absorbed a little glowing halo will appear above Linus' head.

Snazzy.

"Okay, we'll want to check out those other doors next," Jeany says, gesturing at the other door nearby, then to the one at the south wall.

Only question is, which one is next?

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Oh look, more powers without even any magical downsides!
    This dungeon is being so nice to Linus.
    "Well, this is the way we came from. So the other door probably came from the other fork in the path. So I think we should go to the opposite one." Linus points as he sheathes Sword again with her shiny second pearl.
    Now they just need to criss-cross their way to the south end of the board and go through.

5. - Top - End - #1385

[iDungeon]

Down to the southern door our heroes go!

Thankfully picking their way across the chessboard isn't terribly difficult and nothing awful assaults them along the way.

And beyond the final door they discover!

A trap.

When the door opens a boxing glove on the end of one of those extending arms comes zipping out to sock Linus right in the face.

Now, this probably wouldn't cause much harm.

BUT!

It might cause him to stumble backwards and step on an illegal square. Who knows what sort of terrible thing might happen if this transpires!

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus blinks and pulls up his shield. Even unexpanded, the metal thing keeps him from getting his nose broken by a large boxing glove.
    He does however take a single large step backwards. The last two millimeters of his heel pass the tile line.
    Is this enough to count? Who knows!
    "Well that was annoying." he grumbles.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Found a Fortress]

Oh, there's chanting.
    Chanting is definitely concerning.
    It means that there's definitely people somewhere nearby. Or maybe some kind of recording. But most likely people. Or more clown-robots.

She glances back at the rope to see how close they are to descending. Chanting tends to build up to something, in her experience, so she needs to find out whether or not it's building up to anything.

She goes farther along, towards the stone monument. She needs to find out who the chanting's coming from.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.