New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 49: I don’t remember what it looks like either

In Search of a Fortress

Spako heads over to the lady with the use of his MIGHTY WINGS!
    Which are actually quite small since he is a kobold.
    But his little kobold claws should make short work of those bonds.
    "Nope. No idea. You didn't say this area was especially anomalous, did you Pepper? Must just be nexus weirdness." Spako shrugs. These things happen.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

[In Search of a Fortress]

As soon as the woman hops out of the cart it vanishes along with the horse.

"I think it's just biome stutter. It happens Outside sometimes," Pepper says as she allows her armor to disassemble itself back into a great big cube with slightly flattened off corners. This leaves the gaiad in just her two-part gambeson as she approaches. Probably a bit less intimidating. Really, none of the gaiads look very scary. It's hard to be scary when you're a deer eared, deer legged nymph with little flowers in your hair. "The other people are probably still back at the mountain road. Just without their cart and horse. I wonder if they got dumped on the ground..."

It sure seems likely.

At the question of where they are Pepper decides to look around a little!

Her conclusion?

"Wowie it sure is pretty up here! A little chilly, though," she observes, looking over the edge to spy a series of floating brown stones with wisp white clouds clinging to them. They're spaced such that it would be pretty easy to hope from one to another to reach the next floating foundation. Of course, missing a jump would probably be kind of bad.

"Nope! I don't recognize this place at all. Usually with places like this you just keep traveling and pretty soon you'll end up somewhere else. That building across the way looks a bit more intact maybe we should go that way?"
    she says, pointing at the temple about a hundred yards away (and up). A spiraling flight of floating stones leads to it. "Oh, I'm Pepper by the way! And that's my friend Spako."

She doesn't ask for the woman's name, though.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh! It is a cute little dragon.
    "Thanks," she says, when her bonds are cut.

She still doesn't entirely get what is going on, but figures she should just roll with it.
    With her arms free, she brings them up to hug herself to warm her fingers.

She looks at the deer lady again. "Hi," she says. "Nice to meet you two."

Since she wasn't asked, she figures introducing herself is not really as important as figuring out where they are and getting to that intact building. She looks at the stones. "It looks easy enough," she says, but then thinks about buoyancy force. "But if we jump on to those floating stones then they might start sinking. The smaller ones might sink faster, especially if you're heavier."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

In Search of a Fortress

Spako cheerily hops onto Pepper's back.
    "We must find the fortress! Onward, Ser Pepper!"
    He giggles.
    "No really that sounds like our only lead."

5. - Top - End - #845

"Nice to meet you too, miiiiiisssssss...?" Pepper replies, drawing out the word as a question without actually asking a question. She really doesn't want to take this person's name by accident, so getting this part out of the way quickly seems like a good plan to her. "I guess I can test out the little floating stones and see what happens- oof!"

Oh hey she's got a kobold riding on her now.

"Teeeehhehe! Okay! For JUSTICE and ADVENTURE!" Pepper cries out as she nimbly hops onto the first floating stone and-!

It just sits there.

She stomps one of her front hooves against it a few times the the sharp clack of stone against stone. The clouds clinging to it swirl a little bit.

"It isn't moving," Pepper reports. "I think they're safe. Or, teehee, as safe as rocks floating in the sky can be! Just a hop-"

The gaiad pronks to the next stone.

"-skip-"

Then a prance to the next.

"-jump!"

And a leap to the third since it's a little further away. One of her back hooves slips at the edge, causing her to stumble slightly as she lands.

"Whoop! Teeee, wowie that was pretty exciting!" she laughs, turning around to face the red haired girl. "C'mon it's easy! You can do it!"

The armor cube, meanwhile, has flattened out to a broad platform with four spinning propellers at each corner. With a loud buzzing sound it lifts off the flagstone floor of the ruined foundation and begins hovering through the air toward Pepper. Apparently it isn't very good and jumping.

6. - Top - End - #846

"It's..." The woman thinks, as if she's trying to decide something. Decide what? Probably picking a name or something. Or deciding whether to actually tell her name. Or something. You'd have to ask her what she was thinking about. After looking at her surroundings for a bit, it seems to help her say, "it's June."

Wait no don't go together it might be more dange...

Well, that's...
    okay.

"Maybe it works out a different way, then," she says.

She waits for Pepper and the mini-dragon to tell her to follow before she lines up and jumps to the first. And she stays a couple steps behind, making sure Pepper thoroughly tests them out before June jumps to the next. "Like, maybe it's got some sort of upward and downward force in balance?" she suggests. "Sort of like a spring, where the farther down it goes the stronger the upward force is, so it still stays balanced with minimal movement." She hops some more up. "So maybe you could still overwhelm the lift with enough weight on top, so." She keeps on following up, though maybe not as quickly as a prancing deer.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [A Brisk Afternoon Jog]

G'nichi shrugs.
    "Look, if I just worked out a lot wouldn't I say so? Besides you saw the picture. No way you go from small and green to bronze and huge without magic.
    And wait, is he a god of trees or is he an actual tree-god somewhere?"

Because if there is an actual tree G'nichi knows a sword that would be very good at chopping it.
    "Still sounds loony to me."
    Way too many wild and crazy things at once for this mostly-rural lady.

Several drunken moments are taken contemplating what exactly G'nichi's question means, as she struggles to figure out the difference between the two sides. It does eventually happen.
    "Oh. Uh. The first one I guess? Never really got much more than 'Shinomo is the god of the forest!' from the older folks."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Brisk Afternoon Jog]

"Still doesn't sound great to me. But I promised to keep it down. Guess we gotta sleep sooner or later." G'nichi admits. He's not looking forward to that bed. But he's also not looking forward to the non-zero possibility of murder being a very large thing on his mind for the foreseeable future.

In Search of a Fortress

"Oh, be careful, Ser Pepper! If I'm too heavy I can just fly."
    He could jump off at any moment. That would probably be better than risking Pepper falling from the sky for his little joke.
    "You can take your time if you need it, June." It's important not to rush when deadly drops are involved.

9. - Top - End - #849

"Ah, don't worry about me Spako! I'm sure footed since I got hind's feet on high places!" Pepper laughs, glancing over her shoulder to smile at her small friend.

"So are you a daring adventurer who was crossing the border into Skyrim but got caught by an imperial ambush near Darkwater Crossing?" Pepper asks as she hops from the last floating stone to the next foundation. "Or did you just get zapped into the Nexus and just happened to be riding in a prisoner cart for no good reason?"

Pepper is pretty curious about the answer to that question.

She's also kind of curious about the floating rocks. Since there's one about the size of a water melon just floating about three feet off the ground above the foundation she decides to try a few things with it. "I'm not sure! I've never seen floating stones like these before. Let's find out what happens if-"

The gaiad plants her hooves.

Literally.

Her stone hooves literally meld with the stone of the foundation, rooting into it as if she were some sort of tree made of rock. Then she braces against the floating stone and pushes with all her not inconsiderable might!

"NNNNGGGGGGHH!" she grunts with exertion. Which quickly dissolves into laughter. "Teehee wowie! This thing won't budge!" she giggles as she pulls her hooves free, ripping out little chunks of marble along with them.

Aside from curious, mysterious stones there's also the temple nearby. A looming building with a distinctly classical Greek look to its architecture, full imposing marble pillars. It bears a prominent sun motif in the form of a golden sun wheel features on the front of the building. It looks large, expensive, heavy, and out of reach.

It is also very shiny.

The art piece might trigger Spako's bauble collecting instincts.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[A Brisk Afternoon Jog]

Mari sighs long and dramatically.
    Maybe it's about the lack of additional alcohol. Maybe it's the need to actually go to bed.
    Maybe she just felt like sighing over-dramatically.

"...yeah, I guess.
    Oh. Uh, right, rules. Lock your door, um...don't leave until morning, make sure to wash your face with that sink over there, and...shoot, something else. Oh, yeah, no sleepovers."

It seems to be that last one that is probably encouraging her to wobblingly move towards the door, as opposed to passing out on his floor.
    "Dumb rules, Shinomo gets mad if you break them though."

But she'll meander on out if he has nothing else, leaving an empty wine bottle and two glasses in her wake.
    ...not that she's going far, she's going literally right next door.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Brisk Afternoon Job]

"Oh no I don't want to get the psycho murder-god angry." G'nichi says drily. But he doesn't comment.
    He WILL lock the door.
    But he's not washing his face with the sink. What if it's full of crazy-water? And frankly, he doesn't have an alarm to set, but if he wakes up before morning, he might go out just for the hell of it.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Rolling Hills]

Oh they know what playing is. They just thought it was a really weird question.

Anywho!

"Questing is never a waste of time, I love every bit of it! You never know who you might meet on the way when you're looking."
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Selekhael just stares at Zabb in bewilderment. Why does he think she doesn't know how to play? Does he think she's some sort of baby? She's 17 years old! His questions were really terribly worded and didn't make any sense! But now she's gone.

Eao looks back and forth between her allies. "We should do it quickly. It's better to complete this fast and stop them from doing anything bad."
    Rolling Hills

Another instance of something Zabb would've known but I didn't until now, gentlemen!

Zabb gets more serious and slightly less childlike as he addresses Lapis. "I know, but what if you needed to save someone from a burning building but didn't know where to drift to? If you took your time instead of choosing the fastest and most efficient way of getting to them, they could be dead by the time you find them." He turns to Eao. "Right, Eao?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #853

"Um..." June thinks about that question. Well, she obviously is not a daring adventurer, but she does not remember getting zapped at all, into a nexus or conflux or anything else for that matter. "Neither, I guess. Just woke up there, and that's it. No nexus involved at all," she claims.

She keeps on climbing up. Unfortunately, from this angle, it is hard to see what the deergirl is doing with her feet.

After a while and a lot of exertion from continuously jumping up and being tense to not fall,
    she makes it up.

She can admire the architecture after she catches her breath.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

In Search of a Fortress

Spako frowns.
    "This place is nice, but it's definitely not a mining fort. How are we supposed to find where we're going from- oh, shiny- from here? We don't even know where we are." The art piece is WAY too big for Spako to carry off. And he doesn't know any shrinking spells. But if he did it would already be in his bag.

15. - Top - End - #855

[Rolling Hills]

Lapis droops a little at that reply. "Okay, I guess you're right... You can find out where it is and we can go straight there..."

She really doesn't like giving in like this.

But... someone had to. And it was two against one, so it'll be her. And maybe Zabb is right. Maybe they'll be able to help someone they wouldn't have been able to help otherwise.

"Definitely Nexus-zapped, then," Pepper concludes, giving a firm nod as she agrees with herself. "That's okay, that happened to me, too years ago. And now look at me! I turned out just fine."

Pepper you got turned into an ooze. Then you got cured. Then you got turned into a weird deer. Does that really count as fine?

Well, fine or not she prances off toward the temple entrance. "I'm not sure! Usually you just need to explore for a little bit and you stutter to the next biome. You really need to spend more time exploring Outside, Spako, it's lots of fun."

Or at least Pepper thinks it is. Her armor hovers up behind her and poofs into a cloud of tiny metal bits, reassembling onto her body to form her suit of adamantine half plate. It's a pretty snazzy suit of armor. But it is an iron alloy which means she can't use her gaiad magic while wearing it. But that's okay! She likes not having spears stuck through her was more than she likes being able to conjure up flowers. Now properly protected, she peeks into the temple.

Should any of the other heroes follow?

They'll find its a fairly well lit building due to some kind of translucent material that makes up the roof letting plenty of sunlight in. There's a large alter at the back of the building with a golden sun wheel emblem on the wall behind it. None of the sunlight in the room is reaching the sun wheel. Spread about the room are small shrines, each with polished silver mirrors set atop them. These mirrors are much smaller and definitely more lootable than the giant gold sun wheel.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Rolling Hills

"Let's go!" Eao bounces up and down on her feet excitedly. "I wanna kill more things!" She pulls out her sniper rifle and spins it in her hands. She can't wait! Saving the world, killing robots! Nobody ever gets mad at her for killing robots!
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Journey to the Center of the Elves]

Zhareen nods in agreement with Korrina. "As my student just said, we have collected almost a dozen stories that all are variations of yours, great lady. Old stories." Zhareen remarks as she makes a quick bow before the seer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Journey to the Center of the Elves

Eon looks concerned. "What she says is true. Send an emissary to any other land if you do not believe us." He gives a sagely old man expression. "Something is amiss with memory and time." He knows a lot about those things, being a prophet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Their claims certainly don't do much to ease the Speaker's mind. There's a thought, burning bright, that perhaps it wasn't treason from within that spread the tale. But the alternative is perhaps even worse.

"It seems you are right. And the implications of that chill me to my core." She pauses. "I feared, when you came here, that you were sent by the one the tale speaks of. I don't think you are, but nonetheless swear. On your hearts and minds, that you do not serve the one they call the King in Rags."

"We have no masters." Korrina states. It's something that Vax promotes strongly in their compound. "But I don't know any being by that name either." She looks at Zhareen. The teacher would know better.

18. - Top - End - #858

Don't worry, that art piece is way to big for June to carry off, too.

"May...maybe we need to look through this building first?" she suggests, also having absolutely no idea where they are either. After a few more moments, she follows to the temple entrance. The exercise of jumping up warmed her up a bit, but after seeing Pepper's magic armor, she realizes that she is literally just wearing...who knows what. Definitely nothing nearly as neat as magic armor.

She jogs to catch up, and looks in as well.

"It looks like some sort of light-puzzle," she comments. "Glad we came here during the day."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

In Search of a Fortress

Spako nods and hops off Pepper’s back.
    ”Right. Put light on the big sun altar, right? Let’s see.” Spako goes around and sees if he can find any loose mirrors that he can move to the spot under the skylight to shine around.

20. - Top - End - #860

Turns out that silver mirrors which can be easily looted can also be easily moved around!

Placing several mirrors in the sunny area and focusing them on the solar wheel causes the gold to glow with bright white-gold magic as it begins turning. As it turns the room is filled with the sound of grinding stone as the alter at the back of the chamber slides away, revealing a flight of stairs leading downward while another beam of light illuminates the passage beyond. Should our heroes follow the flight of stairs they'll find something quite interesting. Laid out on a slab of marble is a suit of golden armor. Not actually gold, though. Actual gold armor would be complete garbage and really heavy. Whatever this material is, it feels like it weighs practically nothing in spite of how tough it is. A cuirass, grieves, gauntlets, and a helmet. All the armor pieces prominently feature the sun wheel motif. There's also a suit of padded, fur armor to wear under it. It looks warm and comfy.

It is obviously too big for Spako.

And Pepper already has her own armor.

"Hey look, June! That's about your size, right?" Pepper points out as she trots down the stairs. "Have you ever used armor before? You should at least try the fur padding on you look cold."

She really does. Wearing rags is pretty terrible.

21. - Top - End - #861

In Search of a Fortress

June helps as much as she can, moving mirrors.

She goes down the stairs too. It's unfortunate that they're going down because it's darker and colder, a little.

The golden material does look pretty useless, but the fur padding looks great even though it really is only part of the armor.
    She shakes her head. "No, I haven't," she says. Then, she corrects herself and says, "Well, kind-of. Not really: just cotton and wire mesh."

After she's told that the fur padding might fit, she goes up to look at it...Yeah? It might fit? "Thanks," she says as she grabs it and checks to see if it fits. "Yeah. It fits." Once she's sure, she puts it on. Not quite as warm as just hanging off of someone, but it's still decent.
    Is the rest of the armor even necessary, though? The deer-lady has armor. And so did that soldier from earlier. So...are they going to run into something that needs armor? she wonders. She hopes not.

*retcons in June having a ring*
    June has a ring on her left hand. Pink and black.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-11-20 at 01:04 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

In Search of a Fortress

Spako sticks a lot of the pretty silver mirrors in his bag. He’ll give them to the hatchlings when they’re a little older.
    He opens his mouth to say something about the armor, but then remembers that he’s already wearing some.
    ”Fancy armor on your first adventure. Sounds pretty lucky to me.”
    Indeed, June is pretty lucky isn’t she?

23. - Top - End - #863

The fur padding is soft, comfortable, and warm. Way better than those prisoner rags, that's for sure.

"You should probably try it on just in case," Pepper reasons. "You never know when having some protection might come in handy. What if there's a mean dragon? Or clowns? Or a really angry flower?"

Those are all situations when having armor would be really important.

...probably.

Maybe?

Either way!

Should June pick up one of the armor pieces she'll find that it weighs practically nothing! The only weight seems to from from the leather buckles and straps for securing it in place. If June needs help Pepper will be more than happy to assist her getting the armor on. She has lots of practice with this sort of thing after all! Though it really begs the question, doesn't it.

IS June going to put the armor on?

24. - Top - End - #864

"Would armor even work against a dragon?" June wonders. She glances at Spako, trying to puzzle out if armor would even work against him. Probably not. Probably wouldn't be helpful against an angry flower, either, to be honest.
    He's wearing armor, too, though.

She runs her hand through her hair, and sighs.
    Okay.
    Both of these two are obviously together. And they both have armor. And they were headed somewhere. So, it would be reasonable to assume they're going somewhere that you'll probably want to wear armor.

She lifts it up: "Oh. It's really light." But she does need help putting it on.

After it's on, she twists and tries jumping a couple times.
    "There was somewhere else to go upstairs, wasn't there?" She starts to go back up.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-11-20 at 01:54 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #865

As soon as June dons the armor the room begins to-

Well. Not rumble per se.

Everything begins shifting as if the stones don't fit together quite right. "We've got another stutter incoming!" Pepper warns. "Wowie this sure has been an exciting journey so far I wonder where we're going next!"

The stones fall away below our heroes, leaving them standing over nothing but endless sky for a few brief moments, then all at once they're falling!

A few feet.

Into a burning wood-framed building? It looks like it might have been an inn? Through the smoke they can make out an easy exit ahead of them. Outside there are shouts of alarm!

"How could something so big be so fast?"
    "We need water here! Douse the flames!"
    "Where are those war mages? Get them up here NOW!"

Oh no Pepper is bouncing with excitement again. She knows what's going on. As our heroes leave the building they'll see a HUGE black spiky dragon flying around blasting the village with fire! Nearby two men are crouched below a low wall, one of them gesturing toward a boy. "Haming, you need to get over here. Now! That'a boy. You're doing great."

Tearfully the child runs across the street, trying to ignore the huge dragon that just briefly landed and incinerated one of those soldiers in vaguely Roman style armor with a plume of fire. "Torolf! Gods, everyone get back!" the solider yells as he, the child, and another bald man take refuge behind a ruined building right in front of our hero's point of exit. The solider looks up at our heroes and looks... briefly confused. As if something about this scene weren't quite right. "Still alive... prisoner?" he says a bit hesitantly, eyes slightly unfocused as he tries to make sense of June. It's as if he doesn't even notice that Spako and Pepper are there.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Pixie in the Playground

[Rolling Hills]

Zabb pats Lapis' back, taking on the role of the more-knowledgeable big brother. They may be different types of celestials from different cosmologies, but the young seraph's become his best angel friend, second only to Tuskfang. That'd probably change, seeing as he'd outlive Tuskfang's great times infinity grandchildren, but Lapis will still be around by then. "I know it seems less fun, Lapis, and I know you just wanna have fun while helping people. Look at how Arukhael and Selekhael reacted when I suggested play. We're young, we want to play, but they think we're weird. There's a time to play and a time to work, a time to save and a time to kill... and this is a time to work and kill." He strokes his friend's back. "Let's do our best so we can play so much that even Arukhael and Selekhael will want to join in!" He suggests, as a means to cheer her up!

He'd given Eao a lot of grief in his mind when he ((or I, because Zabb would've sensed this but I didn't. We'll just say Uriel told him.)) thought Eao was icky, but considering where she came from, being a warmongering robot... maybe he can be a big brother to her and teach her that there's more to eternal life than killing.

However, in this case, killing will be welcome. These are unrepentant evildoers, and Kazela has commanded him to help smite them... so smite he will. Right now, he feels more like Eao than Lapis. "Don't worry, Eao, we'll get our chance soon. Let's make sure to destroy them so completely that they won't be able to come back and threaten the Nexus!" He knows Eao would like that, if it means killing more things.

"Here I go, Lapis!" The ophanim wheel orbiting around where his eyes should be, glows brightly. He focuses on the area around, trying to find the location of the secret base. He especially looks back in time, trying to catch a glimpse of the robots and ascertain what route they may have taken while moving to their secret base.

What does he find?
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #867

June has to take a moment to figure out where they are now. Burning building, smoke, ...

Oh.
    Um...
    Yeah. Armor would be pretty useless against a firebreathing dragon. Or against anything that big, really.

Wait, it's these same people who like imprisoning and executing people, she realizes. If they think she's a prisoner then this has to have been one of the soldiers in that other cart, probably. "Um...yeah," she says. "Not dead." What even happened between being in the cart and now? Do dragons just randomly show up and burn the place down?

She turns to Spako and Pepper. "We need to get out of here. Get far enough to trigger another stutter, or something." She would suggest fleeing with some of these people back in that building like that kid, except...if there is a stutter or whatever, then the kid would be left alone.

Unless...
    She looks at the dragon. The last one was triggered by putting on the armor. Will they need to kill the dragon, or something, to trigger the next one?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-11-21 at 08:04 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako doesn't comment on the question of dragons because Spako doesn't want to make June face the truth that dragons are just great and no armor would do her any good against things that are so great.

Oh hey, a dragon. The nasty kind. Spako glares as he stares up at the beast. And down at the people he's threatening. The fact that they're on a script Pepper knows means very little to him.
    "Sorry, Pepper. Heroes don't run away when there's people in need."
    Spako pulls his wings around himself for a moment. Their shiny folds pull away to reveal a much larger creature, a full metallic dragon of various colors, still glad in his scale mail.
    Spako Highclaws (also known as Spako Algix) bellows his challenge as a bolt of lightning blazes from his maw towards the flying dragon, before he himself launches into the air at it.

29. - Top - End - #869

Spako's lightning bolt blasts into the dragon, causing it to falter briefly as muscles spasm. It seems shocked (ha, pun!) by this turn of evens! Especially since there's ANOTHER dragon coming after it! A weird one with too many feet! And then it shouts back at Spako, blasting a plume of fire at him! Wuh oh! It's a dragon debate! Very exciting.

"Sorry, June, but I think I agree with Spako. We need to help these people," Pepper says. "It's the HEROIC and RIGHTEOUS thing to do! Besides, that's totally the wrong dragon. We're already way off script since it's supposed to be Alduin. We can probably beat this one!"

And then she pronks off after Spako, raising one hand as bits of her armor (is there more of it?) comes swirling together into a long javelin with a wing motif. She hauls back and HURLS the weapon at the flying foe with impressive strength and accuracy! Now normally one would expect a javelin to just stab into something really well, right? Because that's exactly not what Pepper's weapon does. Instead it bursts like a great big party favor, blasting glittery streamers or tensil or something everywhere!

...is Pepper pitching party poppers? Is she trying to celebrate the dragon fight?

Nope! It becomes clear in a hurry that stuff isn't party decoration when the attacking dragon's left wing flaps through it and proceeds to get absolutely shredded by the shiny razor ribbons. To make matters worse for the dragon the ribbons cling to the limb as if static charged, cutting deeper with each movement. Dragons are tough and this one is still flying, but it looks like he's having a bad time.

As for June?

"Keep close to me if you want to stay that way," the solider yells at her before pushing the boy toward the bald man. "Gunnar, take care of the boy. I have to find General Tullius and join their defense."

Then he takes off toward a ruined section of the wall, running in some sort of awkward looking crab-walk as he shouts, "Stay close to the wall!"

The rest of the soldiers, meanwhile, are shooting at where the enemy dragon is supposed to be rather than where he actually is. More and more of them, though, are starting to hesitate and look confused. Something isn't right.

June could go running after the solider-

-but as she contemplates fighting the dragon suddenly a soccer-ball sized orb of soft glowing light appears on the ground next to her. She gets the oddest intrusive thought that kicking it at the dragon might be a good idea.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

Rolling Hills

Asher searches. It takes a while. But far away, he finds what he's looking for. Underwater. There's huge mobile facility parked off a stormy island chain, where it would be very difficult to reach. It's heavily defended and armored, hidden well from normal detection, and just very isolated. As a fortress, it's going to be very hard to assault.

Maybe more forces might be needed? It will be a very intense fight.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters