New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 49: I don’t remember what it looks like either

[iDungeon]

The sword is in agreement here. Her state of being is preferable to being a sword-shaped organism. She is not a creature; she is a tool. And she's content with being a tool provided she is being used for a good cause. She feels Linus' desire to protect his family and approves. She wants to help Linus help others.

Linus swings and thrusts the sword a few times and she provides gentle feedback. Hold me like so, move your body like this, turn in such a fashion. Linus will feel her knowledge of swordplay and fencing become his own, but he can also tell that it's not complete. She's missing something. Linus has gained Basic Fencing Proficiency!

And what do you mean you don't have a scabbard, Linus? There's one right there on your sword belt. You have one of those, right? The scabbard is a simple leather thing with a steel mouth. It's well oiled and seals nicely around the blade. Embroidered on the dark leather scabbard is a word in old Latin script that Linus may or may not be able to read.

While Linus has been doing this Jeany definitely hasn't been sampling the dead heyeinas for more genetic information.

Nope!

Definitely not doing that.

Jeany hops up when Linus addresses her! "Yeah, it's a pretty great looking sword. Ready to step into your first dungeon?"

She's feeling pretty excited about this. It has been quite a while since she has actually gone on an adventure with anyone else. Teaching a newcomer the ropes might be fun? She sure thinks it might be. Making some connections with other definitely normal human beings is pretty high on her priority list, too. She needs to spend WAY less time cooped up by herself and actually socialize.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Yeah, Unnamed Sword is definitely missing something. Maybe if Linus gets further into the dungeon he'll be able to complete her? That might be nice. Maybe she does something super cool when complete, like giving him cool magic powers.
    Except not magic powers that come with a sudden lack of a need of pants. His sibling is well acquainted with that. Being able to summon support gear is pretty nice. The belt fits perfectly.
    And maybe her name is that Latin word. Linus only knows Latin if it's part of the name of a bone or a microorganism. Which is not a lot. Like how Hector and Heather only really know Latin if it's a book quote.
    "Yeah, I'm good. Let's go."
    In they go!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #993

[iDungeon]

Enter the dungeon.

Our heroes descend a flight of stairs into the dungeon, passing through the rather intimidating maw surrounding the entrance. The whole of the compound appears to be made of carved limestone and the sound of dripping water is ever present. Hopefully Linus isn't too jumpy since a completely harmless drop of water just fell straight down onto the back of his neck.

The walls are all carved with a multitude of a hideous single-eyed faces, faint illumination shining from the enormous eyes. Everything is shadowy and dark, but one can still see well enough to make out objects, just not details. It's the sort of environment that would easily conceal lurking monsters.

Not one to be ambushed, Jeany pulls out that sword of hers again and the weapon lights up with blue-white bioluminescence! The area around them is now brightly lit, though it's difficult to see further away in the gloom.

"Rule one of dungeon delving. Always bring a light source," Jeany informs Linus. "If it's a light source that doubles as a weapon then even better. Otherwise you're stuck carrying a flashlight or a lantern in one hand."

At the base of the stairs the corridor is about ten feet wide and pockmarked with cave pools. This place was clearly carved out intentionally, but it's been left to itself long enough that natural cave formations have begun growing from the relentless flow of water. Up ahead the tunnel splits. To the north comes an eerie moaning sound and a slight breeze. To the west the sound of tapping against stone and a musty scent.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-12-10 at 01:29 PM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus flinches at the water but doesn't scream like a jumpy kid. Which is good. He gives his sword a flick, just to see if she glows.
    He frowns at the walls.
    "So like, we're going to end up fighting a cyclops, right? That's just the most obvious thing." I think you mean a cEYEclops, Linus.
    "Uh, maybe right path? Seems more like animal or person signs than well, ghost stuff." Linus does not know how to fight ghosts. or sEYErens. Or whatever it is.
    He also keeps himself from stepping in any pools. Just in case. Besides, wet socks are awful.

5. - Top - End - #995

[iDungeon]

Linus pulls out his sword and holds her aloft! She begins glowing with a warm, heavenly light. And unlike Jean's weapon that light seems to be able to be channeled a bit, a column of illumination flowing from the blade. Jeany has got a torch, Linus has got a flashlight. Between the two they're definitely got illumination covered.

"Okay first that's pretty cool. Scoring a magic sword before you even set foot in the dungeon? Nice. Second, haven't we already fought a bunch of cyclopeses?"
    Jeany asks with a hint of mirth in her voice. "Or are you thinking JUST the big one eyed giants? Because I'm going to argue that everything we've fought so far here has been a cyclopse."

She likes this banter, even if it's pointless.

It's immensely humanizing.

"Yeah, definitely sounds more like living monsters this way," Jeany agrees as she turns to head toward the tapping sound. Fighting ghosts is a PAIN and she would prefer not doing so if she can avoid it.

The hallway they find as they turn the corner is quite long. Juuuust at the edge of Linus' light he'll be able to make out another mouth-door akin to the one they came through, but the door is shut, barred by steel teeth that have closed across the passage. The door leads to the north and the hallway continues on beyond it.

Also?

Six speyeders come skittering out of holes in the ceiling and begins rapidly crawling toward our heroes! And they're joined by four fleyes!

They look quite similar to the speyeders, but four of their legs have been modified into wings! The flying monsters immediately begin firing tiny gazer-bolts at our heroes! Not nearly as much punch as the heyeinas, but there are way more of them! Jeany quickly ducks back around the corner to avoid the incoming fire.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"Oh, semantics. You're as bad as Heather." Or really, himself. But he only gets like that when he's discussing his field.
    And then they're ambushed! Again!
    This is going to happen a lot, isn't it?
    Linus yelps and follows Jeanie around the corner. He holds aloft his sword, ready to poke her in the direction of any eye-bugs that come around the corner at them.
    "I hope you have a gun that fires more than once in that bag of yours."
    It is notoriously difficult to hit a flying monster with a short sword.

7. - Top - End - #997

[iDungeon]

"Hey, completely irrelevant details are important. Being hopelessly pedantic is what separates humans from plucked chickens," Jeany replies, hoping that Linus gets the reference on account of possibility that they might get a chance to discuss Diogenes' shinanagins next.

And yes.

There are going to be lots of monsters.

This is a dungeon what do you expect?

Jeany is definitely expecting lots of monsters she's done this sort of things quite a bit.

"Yeah I've got a scattershot weapon in here that'll be good for swarms of little flying things hold them off for a bit," Jeany says as she dumps her spine bolter back into the pack and reaches in to pull out a different weapon. She'll be occupied for a moment doing that, however.

Which means it is up to Linus to stab a speyeder with his new sword! She helps him maintain poise and accuracy, protecting himself with his shield while dispatching a pair of the ankle-biters.

"Rule two of dungeon delving. Corners are your friends, always use them to your advantage," Jeany says as she pulls out a chitinous pistol with a barrel that appears to be made of four petal-like sets of plates. She gives it a little shake, patting it on the side as several parts of the weapon begin glowing a sickly shade of greenish yellow. "C'mon guys, wake up in there. There's stuff to kill."

(Four speyeders and four fleyes remain)

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

[iDungeon]

Linus keeps his cool and his poise thanks to Unnamed Sword's help, slicing at speyeder after speyeder as they break their teeth against his shield before being pierced by his new weapon. Slice down, one. Thrust right, two. Follow-through, three.
    Honestly he's doing pretty well.
    At least until the fleyes come around the corner and start pelting him with projectiles, at which point there's not a whole lot he can do besides scrunch down as small as possible and try to keep his shield covering most of him. As noted, the bolts are definitely doing a little damage to it. He can't keep it up forever.
    "Sooner rather than later would probably be good!" he groans. Wow this is hard on his triceps.

9. - Top - End - #999

[iDungeon]

"On it!" Jeany shouts as she takes aim with her pistol and-!

Fires a shotgun blast spray of little glowing bugs into the fleyes rounding the corner! The living ammunition strikes with pretty significant force, but it doesn't stay living for long. Upon hitting something solid their caustic insides are spilled into the wound. A rapidly dissolving fleye flops to the ground.

Then?

Jeany hops around the corner and fires twice more into the pile of monsters, eliciting wet pops from the weapon as the swarms of acid bugs go zipping through the air. That seems to do it! Like Jeany said, that scattershot weapon seems to have worked pretty well! All the eye-themed monsters that Linus hadn't killed have been perforated and dissolved. A stinging chemical smell hangs heavily in the hallway.

With a flick, the petal-like barrel of the pistol opens up like a fleshy flower as Jeany dumps out a gooey husk on the floor. Then she reaches into her pack and pulls out a fat glowing maggot-like creature and plops it into the weapon, which snaps shut again.

"Haha! Wow! This thing actually worked pretty great!" she says, grinning at the weapon in her hands. "I designed this one pretty recently. This is my first chance do some field testing with it. You can only learn so much at shooting ranges."

She holsters the weapon and offers Linus a hand up.

"Going to need a name for it, though. I'm liking glowbug gun."

That sounds WAY more whimsical than the repulsive weapon seems.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"Uh, yeah. Sure." Linus stands up on his own. Not because he doesn't want her help, but because she just handled caustic bugs. She can probably tell from the way he eyes that husk and her hand which was just touching it.
    "Guess we're both figuring things out, huh?" maybe Sword has more powers to show him? He probably needs her missing parts first, though.
    He shines his light down at the end of the hall. Maybe that gate is open now and they can progress?

11. - Top - End - #1001

[iDungeon]

Jeany looks vaguely crestfallen when Linus refuses to take her hand.

What?

Did she do something... wrong...

Oh.

That's the hand she used to pull the brood-magazine out with isn't it?

Without losing a beat she wipes her hand off on her pants. There! Problem solved forever.

"Sorry," Jeany says sheepishly. "I forget how strange the organic technology is to most people. I... sorry. Sorry for being gross and weird."

Stupid. Why did she ever expect anyone to treat her like a normal person? She's still a monster under that magical cap of hers. Without waiting for a reply Jeany heads down the hallways and checks out the still sealed door.

"Well! Killing the monsters didn't help. There must be something else we have to do," she says, her voice full of false bravado and pep. She tries smacking the teeth that seal the way with her sword, only for the weapon to shudder off the barrier impotently. "Man what I wouldn't give to figure out how dungeon builders make these doors so crazy resilient."

Further down the hallway Linus will be able to tell that the passage jaunts to the north. It's quite some distance away and the hallway is full of suspicious looking holes in the floor directly below VERY pointy looking stalactites.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus squares up, steps forward, and plants a firm hand on Jeanie's shoulder.
    "Don't apologize. When you work in my field you get really conscious about keeping your hands sterile around people. And chemicals. And bugs! Both kinds. It's our own special kind of neurosis." He gives her a look. The same kind of look he's been giving his siblings a lot lately when they get all nervous about their extra legs or lack of hands or whatever. He's getting good at noticing those moods.
    Looks like the gate is a no-go, though. So that leaves the hall.
    "So uh, you have any bugs you can send down the hall like a drone? It looks suspiciously...trap-shaped, you know?" Linus has seen movies. He knows these things.

13. - Top - End - #1003

[iDungeon]

Jeanette takes a deep breath and manages to avoid jumping a little when Linus touches her.

Everything is fine.

He's just being nice.

"Thanks," she says. "Sorry. I'm just... kind of self-conscious about this whole thing. I try so hard to keep up the facade of normalcy it... I don't know. It's hard sometimes. Sorry, I'm babbling."

Then?

Eyeing that definitely trapped hallway.

"I don't spaw- uh. Build anything that's motile or functionally independent. No crawly critters. Symbiotic weapons, armor, and augments only. It... I made a promise to someone about it," Jeany explains before offering an apologetic smile. "Sorry, no can do. But! Those holes look like they line up with the spikes on the ceiling. Maybe we can just walk through VERY carefully?"

Then she gives a small snort of a laugh.

"Or you could hold your shield above your head like an umbrella and run."

Unless the bad things come out of the floor?

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"I get it, I think. Hector does that. He likes to keep up his illusion of how he used to be. Even though really he's a fluffy fox and no one cares. It's a comfort thing.
    Um. I mean like, a literal illusion, though. He's a magic fluffy fox."

He looks over the hallway and takes a deep breath. "How about both?"
    Linus slowly proceeds, holding his shield above his head as he goes.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

Mountain Roads- Interaction Wanted

There's a dirtbike racing along this narrow and twisty path through the mountains, a battered and hastily repaired machine made from a mix of spare parts and salvage. Most of the body panels have been stripped away, the remaining ones are dented and the headlight is an old flashlight, with a cracked lens. The saddle is padded with strips of rag, and the exhaust pipe is held on with zip ties and duct tape. The vehicle's wheels clearly came from different bikes, one wire-spoked and the other with a more solid design, and the tyres are nearly bald. Paracord wraps the handlebars to give better grip. The rider is a male tiefling with purple-black skin, white eyes with no visible pupil or iris, no hair and there's teeth growing from his chin. He wears black motorcycle leathers, including a skull on the back with a bone crossed with a spanner underneath, emblazoned with the single word Prospect, and instead of a proper biker's helmet he's wearing a steel WWII-era British helmet. He's crouched low over the handlebars and zigs and zags often, trying to evade the pursuit and fire of the bikers following him.

The chasers are also bikers, wearing the same symbol on the backs of their jackets- although one wears a long leather duster and the other a denim jacket, but neither are prospects- they have the gang's name above the skull- Road Pirates. The first is a bulky khaki-skinned half-orc on a chopper. He's wearing the duster, which flaps behind him, and thick jeans, with a stereotypical Viking helmet . He's resting a semi-automatic carbine on his handlebars, and occasionally fires a short burst at the fleeing tiefling. The other rides a dicycle, with two wheels side-by-side and the engine block, saddle and the rest of the vehicle mounted above the two wheels, resembling a unicycle. That rider is a woman, a pale human with long black hair flapping free behind her, and she's not got a helmet. She isn't holding a gun, but a revolver is resting on her hip- she's waiting for the tiefling to crash or run out of fuel, so she doesn't waste bullets like her companion. Both of the pursuers have something odd about their eyes; a weird purple light glittering within, one that seems to eclipse all sanity and kindness that should be there.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1006

[iDungeon]

"Everyone copes with getting weird-slapped int heir own way," Jean sighs as she begins carefully tip-toeing through the trapped hallway. "I hope you never have to deal with it."

A few seconds of tense silence follows.

Then?

A giggle from Jeanette.

"Hehe... so. He's got a size problem, huh? Is he able to actually touch things with those illusions or are they just magical holograms?"

*click...*

Whoops.

Jeany stepped on the wrong thing.

Sulfuric acid sprays out of the holes in the floor around her! Yay! Then things get worse! The acid splashes all over the base of the spikes sticking out of the ceiling and they melt loose, bombarding her with jagged pieces of stone! Double yay!

Thankfully Linus was outside the trapped area when the floor panel was triggered otherwise he would have been doused in acid, too. Jeany comes running out of the hall, body sizzling as the acid eats at her and bleeding from pointy rock wounds. Her magical gear seems to be mostly, though! "GET BACK!" she yells as she pulls her pack off and tosses it aside, shortly followed by her jacket and her... pants? Probably trying to get all the acid coated stuff off her before doffing her cute red cap, too, and tossing it aside.

There's a disquieting sound of bones snapping and rearranging as Jeanette rapidly doubles in size. As blue chitin grows across her skin and brass-colored armor plates emerge. As four organic smoke-stack like structures grow from her back and a long, thick tail grows from the base of her spine. As her feet morph into equine hooves and a second pair of arms emerge. As five armored plates grow across her head and her hair sprouts into a mess of fleshy tendrils.

"Owowow... Just... just give me some space,"
    comes her voice, wheezing out of the breathing tubes dotting her body rather than from her mouth. Fluid begins oozing from pours in her hide, rapidly neutralizing the acid and filling the air with hissing steam.

As the caustic chemicals lose their bite, the sound of a laugh comes from the awful alien monster. "Haha... what the ****? A little lethal for first dungeon levels, am I right?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-12-10 at 05:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus freezes in place, doing very little to stop Jeanie getting hit but that's probably for the best. He really couldn't have anyway. Not without putting himself in danger.
    "Holy crud! Uh, yeah. Um, is that acid? I don't carry alkaline solutions on me. Oh, are you producing those yourself? That's cool."
    Linus looks pretty shaken, but that could be the alien monster but could also be that he's still in the hallway full of holes that shoot acid and he doesn't know if he should move at all because that trap would have killed him pretty quickly.
    "So um. You're okay, right? Because I don't think I can um. Survive that. Uh. Should I...move? Oh, can you augment yourself to climb on the ceiling? Because I doubt there's any traps up there. And I uh. I don't think I have the training to look for pressure traps." Yeah this definitely got to him.

18. - Top - End - #1008

[iDungeon]

Oh no, you're fine Linus.

You're on the other side of a hallway full of holes that shoot acid. Though on the upside? That acid didn't stop spraying when Jeany came running out. In fact, it kept spraying for a few seconds afterward then slowly died down as the pressure on the acid tanks is lost. The floor is covered in pools of acid now, but its quickly eating away at all that limestone. That chemical reaction should neutralize the acid pretty quickly all on its own. Boy, chemistry sure is fun isn't it?

"That is definitely acid," Jeany confirms. "I'm neutralizing it. Umm... hold on. BLEGH!"

Oh gross.

She just barfed fizzy water all over her gear? It would appear as though that was a heavily alkali solution to stop the acid from melting her equipment.

"I don't think it would have killed you,"
    the awful huge alien says. "This was 'stings and makes holes in your clothing' acid. Not 'melt your face off' acid. But still, acid traps on the first level of a dungeon? This one is definitely getting a bad review from me unless it makes up for it fast."

Nothing is so injurious to a dungeon's reputation as bad YELP! reviews.

A few seconds of awkward silence follows.

"So... surpriiiiiise? Huge and weird and gross, just like I said," Jeany sighs. "I'm going to give this stuff a minute to neutralize then I'm getting my hat back on. Like your brother I've got size issues, too."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-12-10 at 06:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

[iDungeon]

"Okay. Well. I guess technically I can keep going, so maybe I can get that gate open..." Linus tip-toes forward, looking for a switch.
    Wow this is nerve-wracking. But he feels like she would rather not have him just stand there looking at her this whole time.
    "It's really not that bad. I mean, Buttercup is a cute deer-girl and she got a ton of people killed or cursed. Looks aren't everything.
    And to answer your question, Hector's illusions are partially solid. But they pop like soap bubbles if you do anything that would hurt even a tiny bit."

Linus figures that just talking like everything is normal is the best thing to do here. It might help himself a little bit as well...

20. - Top - End - #1010

[iDungeon]

Jeany is really, really happy that Linus decided to occupy himself with peeking around the corner. She caaaarefully picks up her hat with her giant terrible claws and daintily puts the cap atop her head.

BOOP!

Human again.

Magic sure is helpful.

"Don't look I'm getting dressed!"
    she calls out as she reaches into a side pocket of her backpack. Undergarments acquired. Shirt acquired. Armored jacket and pants acquired. Dry socks and boots acquired. The damp clothing all gets stuffed into a different side pocket as she slings the pack onto her back again, ties her shoes, and moves to join Linus.

What do they find?

Another long hallway heading off to the north.

This time around the walls are covered in those creepy looking faces with ominous black holes for open mouths. Each shines a circle of pale light on the floor from its eye that is slowly roving back and forth.

"Oh hey great more traps,"
    Jeany says, her tone completely deadpan. "At least this one is more obvious."

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus looks over the trap again.
    "Ok well uh. The question about walking on walls stands. Might solve this one?"
    Otherwise he'll just have to sneak past the searchlights.
    Simple, but not easy.

22. - Top - End - #1012

[iDungeon]

"I can't rearrange my human shape and big-me fills up the whole corridor so that isn't going to work," Jeanette replies before giving Linus a sympathetic look. "Nice try, though? Maybe we can just..."

She reaches into her pack and pulls out one of her slightly corroded boots and tosses it into a spotlight.

It immediately gets shot with a dart from the carving's mouth.

THWIP!

Well.

Now that boot of Jeany's is even MORE ruined than it already was.

Great!

"Rule three of dungeon delving. Always have a ten foot pole or comparable tool on your person. Sometimes you want to touch a thing, but you want to do it from WAY over there."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus blinks.
    ”Okay but what if it has a second dart loaded? We might still get shot even if it’s already fired.”
    Just to check Linus holds out his shield by the rim and tests it himself.

24. - Top - End - #1014

[iDungeon]

Linus trips the trap again and-!

Nothing.

"It looks like this isn't the sort of trap that resets on its own," Jeany says as she steps forward and picks up her now dart-stuck boot. She doesn't get shot for her trouble. Given that there are only six carved faces on the wall this should be easy, right?

Just pick something up and toss it into the light and get the dart to expend itself. Once the darts are all gone just walk on through!

Did Linus bring anything with him?

Like that broken club?

If not, how does he plan on carrying things anyway?

"If you're going to take this adventuring thing seriously I think you should invest in a haversack," Jeany says as she tosses her poor, much abused boot into another spotlight. "Not only are they top of the line dimensionless storage they also have this REALLY cool enchantment where whatever you want to pull out of them is right at the top of the backpack. They're what I use. Heward's brand all the way. Classic and best, in my opinion."

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus doesn't have a boot. But he DOES have a notebook that he hasn't used much of.
    And also a shield that refreshes whenever he re-expands it.
    Needless to say, Linus shouldn't have trouble sticking stuff in front of the spotlights so they can progress.
    "Err, aren't those kind of expensive?" he asks under his breath.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-12-10 at 08:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016

[iDungeon]

Jeanette raises an eyebrow at Linus' question. "Yeah? So? They pay for themselves the first time you make a good dungeon haul. You never know what kind of treasure might be down there. Are you really going to try carrying some huge painting of a forgotten city with a gilded frame out of a dungeon by hand? Definitely not. You're going to stick it in a haversack along with all the other trinkets you find. I'll tell you what, though. I'm going to be really nice and say we split any spoils we find seventy-thirty. I can carry it all out and drop off your share wherever you want me to. We won't even include the value of the magic sword in your share of the loot."

That magic sword is likely going to be the most valuable thing down here once it has been fully reassembled.

"BUT!"

Jeany waggles her dart-filled boot at Linus admonishingly.

"You have to promise to buy a haversack of your own. If we ever go delving together again I won't carry your stuff for you the second time around," Jeany says. "I'm doing this for your own good. Never underestimate the value of a good backpack."

As they round the corner past the carved faces our heroes will find that the hallway splits again. To the east is a small alcove at then end of a short passage bearing a very large, very conspicuous looking lever. The lever looks like it has a socket to attach something at the top. To the south is a MUCH longer passage flanked by hundreds of carved eyes, each with a hole for a pupil because obviously there haven't been enough traps yet. At the end of the hall is an ornate carved limestone pedestal with a large golden eyeball sitting atop it.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"Well, I don't know if I will be doing this regularly." He looks around.
    "But Heather and Hector might. So I guess we should at least get one for the three of us. So...deal, I guess?"
    And then a really long hallway!
    "So...what do you think?" he tries throwing his ruined book down the obviously trapped hall.

28. - Top - End - #1018

[iDungeon]

"Your brother the magical fox and your sister the deer-person?"
    Jeanette replies, trying her best not to let the humor reach her voice and utterly failing. "I'm imagining one of those deer-people prancing around a dungeon with a little fox on their back tossing flowers at monsters. But I've got to be missing something if they're seriously considering regular dungeon dives."

Then?

A notebook is tossed down the eyeball hallway!

It flops to the ground.

...nothing happens.

Jeany hums, scrunching her lips at the hall. "Okay I'm thinking one of two things. Either that hall isn't actually trapped (haha, right!) or the pressure plates need more weight on them to trigger."

Kneeling down, Jeany moves forward on her hands and knees, running her fingers across the floor. There! Found a seam. She carefully examines the plate, then looks up at the nearest set of eyes. She raises her falchion above her head and pushes down the plate-

*fwit!*

A dart bounces off the side of the sword.

"Yep! More darts. But they're all aiming up high. We could belly crawl through the hall here. We'll get a little wet but that probably beats getting a little darted," Jeany suggests. "Too bad you don't have two shields."

Ah, the legendary double shield style.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"Well, gaiads can make spears out of thin air and Hector's a pokemon which are pretty famously durable. Don't mess with them. They're stronger than me." Linus shakes his head, but he can't argue with her advice.
    Holding his shield to his side, Linus goes onto his belly and prepares to crawl all the way through it.
    It's gonna be a long crawl.

30. - Top - End - #1020

[iDungeon]

"Oh wow the tiny magic fox is a pokemon? Very well then, all skepticism retracted," Jeany replies definitively. She knows enough about pokemon to know that they are no slouches when it comes to violence. "I've, ahem, learned a thing or two from pokemon over the years."

See it didn't take long for Jeany to discover that if you wander around in tall grass in the wrong (or right, depending on your point of view) places you'll get attacked by wild pokemon who want to...

Well.

She saw them knock a kid out and then steal half his money.

So mug people?

That seems like a really odd goal for ostensibly wild animals. What do they even DO with the misbegotten gains? Jeany has no idea.

Regardless! After a pretty pitched battle she beat it up and sampled it. Got some really interesting designs from those critters, that's for sure.

By the time our heroes reach the pedestal at the end of the hallway Jeany finds herself eyeing the golden eyeball.

"You watch many movies? Ever seen Raiders of the Lost Ark?"
    she asks as she reaches into her backpack.