New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 49: I don’t remember what it looks like either

[iDungeon]

"If you're hungry we can try roasting up some octopus," Jeanette suggests as Linus peeks underwater.

Sure enough, it looks like there are several gold and silver coins scattered around at the bottom of the pool.

Someone was using it for a wishing well, probably.

Bet they wished that they hadn't been attacked by the octopeye, judging by the collection of broken skulls and other bones.

Though...

Hmm...

It looks like, judging from where a few of the coins are scattered, there might be an alcove behind the waterfall.

Because of course there is.

ALWAYS check behind the waterfall for secrets!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Foundry a Fortress]

June looks at the things and stops moving when she notices them all.
    Oh!
    "We definitely have to shut down their machines, then, to stop them from making an army." That's the sort of thing a dragonborn would do, right?

She looks closer, and points towards the holding areas. "Before we fight any of them, we have to block off or melt down that spare body room,," she says. "It'd be pretty awful, I think, if we stop one only for its ghost to re-possess another and either fight us or alert all the others."

June isn't really sure of the best way to do that, though. There's no obvious ways to block off the spare robots, as far as she can tell.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus shrugs.
    "I don't know if it would be safe to eat. But I guess if you have a taste you'd be able to tell."
    Was that a joke or an observation? Hard to tell when it's true. Jeanie's biological analysis should be able to inform her if it's safe to make calamari for Linus.
    The man in question decides not to dive all the way in and risk chilling himself to sickness just for a few coins. He does however (after leaving his shirt behind to dry with Jeanie) try to hop through the waterfall to take a quick look at if there really is a hidden alcove.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1144

[Found a Foundry]

"That's a good point, June," Pepper says, looking around at the various options for messing with the completed robots.

Hmm...

Oh!

"Hey, what about that big crucible thing?"
    she suggests, pointing at the huge mobile crucible transporting molten metal to different parts of the factory. "If we can get it to dump on the finished robots then they won't be able to use them."

They'll get all melty!

Melty robots don't work great unless they're made of liquid metal which is really just nanomachines, son.

"Maybe... one person who's comfortable with lots of heat who can fly can commandeer the crucible while the others go after the possessed robots and find a way to shut down the assembly line?" Pepper says, looking over at Spako.

He's comfortable with heat AND he can fly! Dragons sure do get all the cool things no wonder June wanted to ride on one.

[iDungeon]

"Yeah I'll check it out," Jeanette says. While Linus is in the waterfall alcove she'll haul the dead octopeye out of the water and give it a nibble. Hmm...

Meanwhile!

Linus will discover a few more coins inside the little cave along with a skeleton. But most importantly? There's a fancy key with an emerald in the handle caught in the skeleton's bony grasp. Score!

When Linus emerges he'll find Jeanette stripped down to her sports bra and a pair of briefs. She's tone, athletic, and built for sure. This dungeon delving is definitely the sort of thing you want to be in shape for. The only odd thing about her is it looks like she has a... mouth? running from just below where her naval should be to her solar plexus. She's currently chopping up the octopeye and sticking bits of meat on skewers.

"Hey! Find anything cool down there?" she asks, setting up a bit of meat at the fire. "Octopus is safe. It's actually more like a giant shrimp, I guess? Have you got shellfish allergies?"

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Foundry

Spako nods and flaps his MIGHTY WINGS!
    Well really they're kobold sized wings but they can still get him airborne with some effort. Spako's not exactly graceful but he can fly.
    Once he gets up to the crucible he'll look if there's a bolt, screw, or lever to release or dump it once it's in position. Otherwise he might have to try to tip it over himself. Which given its molten contents, might be too hot even for him.

iDungeon

Linus hops shivering back to the fire with his prizes in his arms.
    "I got us lunch money and a key. How's the food going? Sadly I don't bring salt with me on trips. And no, I'm only allergic to kiwis. The fruit not the bird." A shame, salt would be good for cooking shrimp. That and maybe some olive oil or something.
    Linus decides not to comment on the second mouth. Maybe that's where she withdraws her items? Makes sense that her creation process has to come from somewhere. A magic item can't hide everything.

6. - Top - End - #1146

[iDungeon]

"Get out of those wet clothes before you freeze, ya doof," Jeany laughs as the dripping Linus emerges. "But hey, another key. That'll probably come in handy later. These sorts of dungeons are always big on locked and sealed doors."

Jeanette, sadly, doesn't really carry condiments with her. It's a shame, really. It would help these exotic monsters taste better.

"Allergic to kiwis? Huh. Haven't ever heard that one before,"
    Jeanette says as she offers one of the octopus kabobs to Linus. "I've got a friend who's allergic to chocolate. I've got to say, there are few people I feel more sorry for."

What a dreadful curse that would be.

Also?

She catches the staring, even if its brief. The aversion of eyes is hard for her to miss. With a sigh, she explains, "Yeah, it's basically what it looks like. I've got a literal bio-mechanical manufacturing plant inside me. One of the first sorts of magical tech I incorporated into myself was dimensional storage. Normally something like me would be way, way, WAY bigger. And any assembly like has got to output somewhere, right?"

A few seconds of silence follows as she fiddles with her hair, trying to squeeze out some water without removing her cap.

"I guess... things like me are usually at the heart of these HUGE bio-mechanical space ships, right? Just gobbling up biomass and churning out living weapons. I'm not sure why I'm so different. Maybe I'm defective or something? Or maybe the Nexus messed with original me when I got dumped here. Wouldn't be the first time the Nexus weirded someone up."

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus frowns and leaves his pants behind.
    Now Jeanie knows he wears boxer shorts with little horses on them.
    He takes a bite of kabob. It's not terrible. A little rubbery. And needs salt.
    "My sister is a giggly faerie and my brother is a pokemon. And me and Mom have green hair. Don't worry too much about the weirdness. Heather's already preparing her speech for when it happens to me, I'm sure."
    She and Hector haven't quite decided what that'll be yet. They're betting something mammalian though since that seems to be their aesthetic so far.

8. - Top - End - #1148

[iDungeon]

It could definitely be better.

Maybe Jeany should begin carrying spices with her? She's definitely got room in that magical backpack of hers.

Either way, she isn't terribly concerned about Linus' horsey shorts. Jeanette's attire is pretty plain by contrast; just flat colors. A pinstriped blue and white.

"I'm not that worried about weird I just-"
    she frowns and pokes at the output mouth. "Well, you know, just extra weird I guess. You just seemed a bit queasy about the gear. I wasn't sure if this thing would bug you, too."

Life in the Nexus is definitely odd. And Jeany is definitely a little self-conscious about oddness.

"I don't think you're going to need any speeches,"
    Jeanette says between bites of octopeye. "I've got this feeling about you, right? You're the straight guy to your siblings weirdness. You've got green hair and I'll bet that's all the strange you'll ever get."

Green hair IS a little odd.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"Green hair is totally normal for Sacaen blood! Just like wandering, swinging swords and horse-archery. It's just not feasible with most other worlds' human genes for some reason. But then, I guess having animal legs is normal on other worlds, too." There aren't many worlds where Heather's whole package is normal, though.
    "The gear isn't that bad. It's just not something I know anything about. And I'm trying really hard to stave off any Nexus weird to keep my poor parents from having an anxiety attack every time they let us our of their sights."
    Mom would be pretty stressed out if Linus got behooved too or something. As much effort as she would put in to welcome him home anyway.

10. - Top - End - #1150

[iDungeon]

Jeanette gives Linus a weird look. "Wait, you're saying you have some kind of genetic predisposition toward horseback archery?" she asks. "How would that even..."

She begins going over that sample she got from him in a little more detail. She hadn't really scrutinized it at all. Just used it as a template for the patch she was making so it would be able to provide a tissue match for Linus. Jeany didn't actually have to know what any of the systems did to accomplish that.

"Huh. Okay, yeah... Like there's some wild stuff in here for augmenting your inner ear and coordination with fine dexterity and visual acuity. It is like someone literally designed you to be really really good at shooting things while riding horses."

That strikes her as a really specific trait to give someone.

Like the sort of thing she does when she's designing biomorphs.

Now she's kind of curious where Linus' family originally came from.

"Have you ever actually ridden on a horse before? Or, like, something horse-adjacent at least?"

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"Um. I meant as a cultural thing really but-"
    But apparently it was more literal than he knew?
    "Huh, so I have some of the things that centaurs have? At least some of them."
    You thought that centaurs were always running around with bows because of the cultural impact of Chiron but it was actually science!
    "Um, just once when I was little? Horses are kind of hard to care for in the city. Heather gave me a ride once just to prove she's stronger than a deer should be. It wasn't very comfortable though. Deer aren't big even if she has super-strength. Why do you ask?"

12. - Top - End - #1152

[Found a Foundry]

Oh, wow!
    They're really fortunate and lucky that they have someone who fits that exact description.

The crucible does seem like a reasonable plan, June thinks. She nods.
    She also wants to back up so that nothing splashes towards her, but she knows in her mind that they're far enough away to be safe anyway.

Making use of this time, she watches the machines to see if there's any clear way to shut them down, and watches the clown-robots to see if they've noticed.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1153

[Found a Foundry]

The clown robots do not in fact look like they've noticed what our heroes are up to just yet, though they probably will pretty soon.

As for shutting down the machines, it looks like there's... some sort of control mechanism on the other side of the room? A big wall of controls! Levers and wheels and lots of glowing blue buttons. Surely SOMETHING over there could shut this all down? There's also a clown robot over there observing the various dials and indicator lights. A very important foreman robot clown, that one is.

Then?

Molten metal gets poured all over the deactivated robots.

Oh wowie is that ever a mess!

This upsets the clown robots quite a bit. They are NOT happy! Not even a LITTLE BIT!

With a series of irate HONK!s they begin heading toward our heroes!

(6 clownbots remain)

[iDungeon]

"I'm going to admit I have no idea what centaurs' things are," Jeany replies with a laugh. "I don't think I've ever met one before? I've seen a few around the City in passing but that's it."

In spite of the fact that her natural form has very equine looking hooves she really hasn't spent much time around other behoofed people.

"I guess I was just curious. Though I'll bet this all means you would be pretty good at running and gunning, too. Usually shooting while moving is kind of a pain since the barrel of the weapon is bouncing around. But I bet you would be able to pull it off just fine."

Then?

She picks up another octopeye kabob! Tasty.

It'll probably be a few more minutes before their gear is ready to go.

"Okay this might be a dumb question but... why did you decide to head down here with me? Obviously this sort of thing isn't really you're... thing."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Foundry

Mission accomplished! Spako flaps away from the crucible to avoid any molten metal getting splashed onto him. That would hurt.
    Most of the bots are looking at the crucible, which he's near, so he picks the bot furthest from the group, engages his magical scale mail, and drops down on it, sword flashing. He'll have to let Pepper and June handle the other five.

iDungeon

"Oh, well centaurs were the subject of a paper I wrote once. I went back to it recently since Heather would be similar if she wasn't made of nonsense. They've got a lot of that stuff too. Tuned to be able to do stuff while moving because equine movement can get so bouncy." And Linus wrote that paper because he thinks horses are cool and therefore horsepeople are at least half cool by default.
    "I came here because I made a promise to protect my family after all that my siblings went through. Even though really they're both more capable than me now. So I needed to go do something that was manageable with someone who could watch my back...who isn't them." It feels weird, to have spent all his life being Hector's protective big bro and now being quite clearly the most fragile of the Siblings.

15. - Top - End - #1155

[Found a Foundry]

Gasp!
    The clownbots are coming towards them!
    And they need to make their way over to that foremanbot. Obviously, she can't just leave Pepper behind and go straight there, because then that would leave her to get mobbed and alone.

And so, June thinks of what she could do. As they're still approaching, the sword is pretty useless. If she had that ball from yesterday, then that would be very helpful. She looks at the sword and tries to make it become that same ball of light.

If she succeeds in doing that, she drop-kicks it at the nearest of the robots to slow it down.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #1156

[iDungeon]

Well Jeanette's natural form has horse-like hooves does that make her approximately 10% cool?

"I think I get it," Jeany says after contemplating silently while munching on some octopeye. "You want to get on their level. But they got all that power thanks to Nexus weird. You want to be able to match it, to be that cool big brother who stands up for them, but you don't want to get weird-slapped either."

She gives a rueful laugh.

"And you don't want them to have to protect you when YOU should be protecting THEM. Right? That's why you asked a stranger on the train to join in a dungeon delve on the spot instead of something like, I dunno, hashing out an adventure you and your brother and your sister could go on. That comes later. You want to be able to contribute first."

Furrowing her brow, Jeany studies Linus long and hard. What an interesting guy. He would throw himself on the mercy of a stranger for the chance to improve himself.

Just... improvement without any weird.

That's understandable.

"Sounds pretty good to me, really. Glad I'm able to be your idiot dungeon delver tutor. Does Steve still itch? It should probably be done doing its thing by now."

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

[iDungeon]

"Pretty much." Linus says with a shrug. She got it, more or less.
    "But I'll make one more thing clear: my comfort is less important than them. I'd get the whole weird slap and deal with it if it means keeping them safe. I'm not that selfish." he insists.
    He looks down at the little trilobite thing on his arm.
    "Yeah he's not itching anymore. That's probably good." Scabs itch and it's a good thing when they stop, so it's probably something comparable to that.

18. - Top - End - #1158

[iDungeon]

"I don't think it's about being selfish or not," Jeanette replies, her expression resolute. "There's nothing wrong with-"

She takes a shuddering breath.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay you. There's plenty of stuff you can do to improve yourself without, hah, without getting turned into an alien bio-weapon factory or whatever. Listen, I live up in the Skyway district of Inside. I don't know if you've ever been there before but the place is wild. If the magic sword and shield aren't enough, if the cool glass armor isn't enough, there's always more. Get geared up. Keep your little siblings safe. But don't start feeling defeatist about hanging onto humanity. Believe me, it's worth keeping."

And then?

She peels Steve off Linus arm.

The underside of the weird organism has turned all shrively and dry looking. It curls up slightly when Jeanette removes it. Clearly it has died. But Linus' arm?

The burn is completely gone.

Not even a scar.

"See? I make good stuff. I'll make sure I've got a few more Steves on hand in case you get beat up some more,"
    Jeany says, then adds with a grin. "Try not to get beat up more, though."

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

[iDungeon]

It feels slightly weird to know that a creature actually died to fix his arm. But he supposes that it served the purpose it was made for, so might as well not complain.
    "I'm not defeatist. I'm just saying that if someone gave me the option of letting my brother die or downing a potion that may or may not come with wings or something, it wouldn't be a question. That's all." he shrugs.
    "But yes, I will be doing my best to not get hit by any more high-powered lasers."
    It would be rather frustrating to get hit by that again.
    "Oh and uh, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this armor, would you? Because I have no idea what this is made of or if it's directly magic."

20. - Top - End - #1160

[Found a Foundry]

Having the orb of light is easy. June just needs to have either a use or desire for it.

She needs to hit a thing way other there?

Now she can.

The ball goes sailing straight and true right through the clownbot, leaving a smoking hole straight through its torso. As one might imagine that does a pretty great job of destroying several important internal mechanisms. Its body wrecked, the demon-clown is forced to abandon its body. Normally it would just possess one of the robots in the holding area, but they're all getting melted!

It HONK!s in agitation.

Pepper, meanwhile, charges to meet the incoming clownbots and smashes her axe into it, the air filling with a crash as the sound of rending metal as the teeth on the weapon chew through the machine's head. As with the orb to the torso, the axe to the face does a pretty great job of ruining the machine.

Spako down-thrusts on a clown-bot! It doesn't seem very fond of this, what with its insides getting melted by the magical sword Spako is carrying. If the thing can melt angry molten lines through limestone then it's going to do mean stuff to these robots, too.

That leaves three more clownbots to go! One heads for Spako, sword-arm swinging! One begins firing crossbow bolts from its arm at Pepper. And the third trundles aggressively toward June, bolts of electricity arcing off its armor.

What rude robots.

[iDungeon]

Well. Arguably cells in one's body die to make scabs. This is just on a slightly larger scale.

Jeanette seems to catch the look. "Don't feel bad about it. None of the things I make are sentient, let alone sapient. Just biological machines. They're alive, sure, but they're fresh tomato sort of alive."

Technically she could make things of animal-like intelligence, too. But she doesn't. She promised quite some time ago not to.

Also?

Jeany doesn't think it is very likely that Linus will find himself in a 'bwah ha ha get turned into a pegasus or your brother will be fed to ravenous weasels!' situation. Seems pretty unlikely. She doesn't comment, though. What she DOES do is tap on Linus' breastplate.

"It sure LOOKS like glass. But glass would make for garbage armor if it shatters. I would guess something else. Some kind of special crystal, maybe? Do you mind?" she asks, reaching out to scratch at the material with one finger nail. "It feels more like metal, though. Just transparent metal? I haven't seen anything like it before."

Maybe it's transparent aluminum!

Perfect if Linus needs to transport any whales.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Foundry

Spako withdraws his scepter from his belt, a brass cage mounted onto dragonbone with a light flitting between its polygonal holes. With a flick of his wrist and a spat word of Draconic, his sword erupts into sparks. Spako charges forward, feinting low but pumping his wings to instead strike the clown robot with two quick slashes of his electrified heat-sword and a whack with the scepter for good measure.

iDungeon

Clearly Jeanie hasn't ever met Rose and asked Rose about how she temporarily got made into a tiefling.
    Linus nods and examines his shirt. It's dry enough for him. His pants still need time, though.
    "Well, it's light. And probably a good compromise for me. If it was a whole suit it'd be great but I wouldn't actually know how to get it on."
    It took him a while to get the breastplate buckled in. Luckily Jeanie was asleep so he had plenty of time.

22. - Top - End - #1162

[Found a Foundry]

"sorry," June apologizes under her breath to the robot. It was possessed by a demon-clown so she's not entirely sure how conscious the robot is, and there isn't really any way to stop the clowns without hurting the robots.

Needing the sword again, June now has the sword of light.

She spots the one coming towards her.
    She takes a step back. "Um..."
    Electricity is pretty dangerous.

June knows that she can't beat the electricity-robot without approaching it.
    Also, she thinks the electricity won't conduct down the sword, since it probably isn't made of anything conductive.
    She steps back again.

June glances at the other two. They're both occupied with robots of their own.
    Luckily this robot looks pretty slow. All she has to do is get in, swing fast, and be faster than it.
    She steps back again, maintaining the same distance between her and the robot.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #1163

[Found a Foundry]

The robot says nothing when apologized to, as it is a mindless automaton and also just got wrecked.

June's foe, apparently bored of position-maintaining foot shuffling already, claps both its arms together and sends an arc of lightning lancing toward June! Should the bolt strike June the result won't be terrible unlike getting bit by the dragon. A flicker of light around her and the feeling of something diminishing, but no actual physical harm to her body. June probably needs to remember that she's got a fancy force field and/or health bar eating attacks for her.

Spako, meanwhile, slashes twice and smacks once! That's quite the collection of beatdown and the robot falls, its evil clown spirit drifting away with a wretched, irate HONK!

Pepper raises one hand, a cloud of tiny metal gears swarming in front of her and ablating the projectiles away. Or at the very least arresting most of their momentum. Then the cloud darts forward and begins chewing at the robot! That does a pretty great job of distracting it while Pepper hops forward and smashes her axe into the robot's torso. Down it goes!

That just leaves June's robot and the clown foreman.

Come on June!

Show that robot what for!

[iDungeon]

Hmm... Yep. Jeany's shirt is feel pretty dry, too. She slips it back on.

Jackets and pants always take the longest to dry out.

"I'm going to say between the cool glass armor, the magic shield, and the magic sword, you're probably going to be fine," she reasons. "Hey I noticed your shield, what, upgraded itself or something? It was wooden the first time you expanded it. It was metal after it got wrecked. Maybe it gets stronger each time it's destroyed?"

Maybe so!

Just have to find a foe that can blast through your metal shield next, Linus.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Foundry

Spako gives a smirk as his opponent falls. Oh, he's maybe gotten a bit too accustomed to his newer dragon shape. He'd almost forgotten how satisfying his swordplay can feel.
    But he's also the Brass Wizard so he'd better not be too impractical. He waves his scepter around, runes flashing around its head, and sends a crackling blue bolt at the foreman! Pschtew!

iDungeon

"Well, the wizard who gave it to me said I would have to make its power my own. So maybe it just scales with me? Otherwise it would be too easy to upgrade."
    And wizards can't just give out stuff like that, otherwise Linus could have it be made of near-invincible force field in a matter of days.

25. - Top - End - #1165

[Found a Foundry]

Remembering that you've got a fancy force bar that could run out without any warning is probably a good idea, since then she could actually take advantage of it and attack instead of still using it while accomplishing little.

After the lightning bolt fails to hurt her, June feels like she can probably do this. She stops backing up, and breathes (because she just realized that she had been holding her breath in anticipation of getting hit).

She runs up towards it, and - once close enough - swings the sabre of light at the robot's arms with a wrist-flick (obviously not using her whole arm to swing: that would be wasted effort and take too long), to first stop it from doing that with its lightning again. Once that's done, she goes after its...wait, robots probably don't actually need their heads. She cuts through its chest then, instead, at a diagonal.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #1166

[Found a Foundry]

Don't worry June when the health bar starts getting low everything will turn all red-tinted around the edges of your vision. Everyone knows that's how these things work.

At the slash the robot's arm is cleaved off. At the thrust the soul-gem mounted in its torso is damaged and it is no longer able to contain the clown spirit! With a defeated HONK! the spirit departs as the machine topples over.

See, June? It wasn't that hard. You just have to trust in that magical suit of armor that you know absolutely nothing about.

Spako, meanwhile, zots the foreman bot! It jitters and twitches and falls. Down it goes! There's now a pretty big cloud of angry clown demons swirling around near the ceiling of the factory HONK!ing at our heroes, but without bodies they can take over all they can do is fume with impotent rage. They'll just sit up there, glowering at our heroes.

Pepper trots up to the controls and begins hunting for something that looks like an off-switch.

"I think it might be a good idea to find out where the demons are coming from, too,"
    she suggests as she tries pulling a really big breaker-looking lever. That causes a loud electrical pop and the machines grind to a halt.

Yay!

"What do you bet the dwarves delved too greedily and too deep?"

[iDungeon]

"Make it your own," Jeany echoes, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "That sounds like one of those cryptic word puzzles wizards like so much."

Or maybe you're just making it more complicated than it is, Jeany.

"So what all does it do? Just expand out into a shield? Maybe we should practice with it for a bit while we wait for our pants to finish drying?"

Better than sitting around.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Foundry

"Yeah they're probably coming out of some extraplanar hole somewhere." Spako shrugs his wings as he puts his weapons back onto his belt.
    "Nasty things always pop up all over the place. But it'll probably be at the center of the whole place to be inconvenient." Portals to awful dimensions aren't usually in convenient places.

[iDungeon]

"To be fair I won it playing pinball, it's not like they really owe me anything at that rate." Playing arcade games does not normally yield magical items.
    "Mostly it is a little shield that turns into a big shield when I need it, yeah. Maybe if I keep upgrading it, it'll start doing magic too? I dunno. As for testing....what, you want to shoot at me with it up or something? I admit I don't really know actually parrying techniques." Linus doesn't really have what we would refer to as combat training.

28. - Top - End - #1168

[Found a Foundry]

Since June doesn't need the sword anymore...it's no longer there.

While catching her breath, she looks up at the cloud of clown demons. "They aren't going to follow us around, are they?"

"So it's either at the middle or the bottom," June concludes. "The metal stuff you need might be at the bottom, too."
    She looks around the foundry, looking to see if there's any other doors out or if they'll have to backtrack to the other path. "Would be really convenient if we had a map so we knew which way to go."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #1169

[Found a Foundry]

"Like this one?" Pepper asks, pulling a map out of her pack. "It's only of the first level, though. See? There is where we are now."

She points at the room marked 'foundry'. There's also a 'power room' and an 'armory' and a an 'elevator room'. The layout really doesn't make any sense.

You know what else doesn't make any sense?

How did Pepper get a map of this place if the scholars hadn't actually gotten inside?

Maybe someone else found a way in?

[iDungeon]

"I'm thinking work through some fencing steps," Jeanette replies as she draws her falchion and rises to her feet. "Let's see what you can do."

And what follows?

A training montage!

Normally fifteen minutes or so of fencing isn't THAT huge of a benefit, however Linus will be able to feel his sword filling in more and more of the gaps. With one pearl restored to her it would seem her ability to impart knowledge and muscle memory has improved.

Linus has upgraded from BASIC FENCING to INTERMEDIATE FENCING!

Once the training is over Jeany will be putting her pants and jacket back on.

"Hey, nice job. I can tell you're getting better really quick,"
    she says. "It's frankly pretty incredible."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-12-21 at 01:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Fortress

"Huh. I didn't realize you had a map of the place, Pepper." Spako remarks.
    "The power room might be a good place to shut down if the demons are using the systems. And obviously we want to loot the armory." Because yeah, fancy dwarven weapons!

iDungeon

Linus gets his pants and armor back on. Hopefully Jeanie can help him with the straps this time.
    "I think having all magic gear helps with that. My sword has been giving me tips." Linus shrugs. Totally normal, right?
    "So which way are we going next?"