New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 49: I don’t remember what it looks like either

[Found a Fortress]

Spako frowns. He can see well in the dark but it’s not helping him this time. And he doesn’t know a thing about generators that aren’t Spelljammers so he’s no help on that front either. Spako takes out his scepter and shakes it a few times, before pointing it at the ceiling. The little orb of light in its cage splits as if it’s a cell doing mitosis, sending a bright ball of light up into the ceiling to stick onto the first surface it touches.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

[Dimensional Troubles]

Seeing that the drone claimed to have a better option while it was seemingly talking to itself, the woman dodged back as the creature just attempted to stop her with one of its massive feet.

While she had never planned to fight this creature up front, not like this at least, whatever solution it had would probably be better than just running.

Now dodging a swipe of its tentacles she just hoped that she would be able to hold its attention enough for the drone to reach whatever conclusion it was reaching for. But it worked as the next moment the tree-like creature is hit with some kind of spray.

The reaction is imminent as the whole creature seem to seize up. Yet despite what seemed to be a strong electrical surge coursing through its body it's mouths could still scream as if its vocal cords and mouth weren't effected by the currents causing the rest of it to go stiff. Then it start to twitch and seemingly flail around randomly as the creature seems to go into a blind frenzy as it falls over, still flailing around like crazy.

The armored woman just stares at the creature for a moment. "...we should leave."
    [Dimensional Troubles]

Ah, good. That worked. Maybe save the idea for later implementation.

"That was the suggestion, yes. That way?" the drone said, gesturing towards a denser clump of mycoidal growth although it was already in motion. "If you've any ability to find a better path, I cede pathfinding to you." it added; again in that detached way as if the current situation was far less urgent than it actually was. Regardless, putting as much distance as possible between the horrific screaming thing was priority.

3. - Top - End - #1233

[Steelbite Canyon]

Magdalene really isn't have a good time.

Not to the degree to which that woman with the rifle who just got blasted with frostbite is having a bad time, but a bad time none the less.

She's busy just trying to stand back up again and won't have much to contribute to what's going on at the moment.

[Found a Fortress]

A crossbow bolt is fired into the darkness, shortly followed by an orb of light. The bolt clangs off some metal piping, resulting in a hiss of steam. The ball glomps onto MORE piping, revealing another demon-possessed robot.

It's big.

And it just jumped down to the floor, shaking the room when it lands. A great big spidery thing with three back-mounted- you guessed it- crossbows trained on our heroes.

It honks threateningly.

[iDungeon]

"Might be a plant," Jeanette suggests. "To provide, I dunno, dungeon ambiance?"

This whole place was somehow fabricated, right?

There's no reason that such a location should even exist in the first place.

And the wall, as it happens, is made of brittle limestone. It wouldn't take much to scratch something into its surface. Though it IS a bit dubious that this guy would be able to carve such a message with a hole in his torso. Whether the boots fit or not, well, Linus would have to be a bit more adventurous to find a true answer to that question.

As for the backpack?

There are no keys inside.

Which begs the question of how this guy got so far and how the doors locked again. Maybe the seal after someone leaves? Or maybe this place has only existed for a few months at most and it is all an elaborate ruse. Either way, the backpack contains a few cram rations, some rope, some pitons, and a hammer for driving them.

Also?

A fancy silver diadem set with emeralds.

Fancy.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus tries on the diadem with a goofy grin.
    "Do I look princessy?" he asks Jeany. Though unless it does something very clearly magical he'll give the rest of the supplies to Jeanie to put in her infinite bag.
    Proceeding forward, Linus carefully steps forward, probing the walls with one of the pitons (he knows Sword is pretty durable but doesn't want to risk her). 7-5-3-7. He doesn't know if that will be the code for this hallway, or a puzzle yet to come...

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Journey to the Center of the Elves

"I meant to share the prophecy," Eon explains, "The story seems widely known enough already."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Journey to the Center of the Elves]

"You may be right, though I imagine the spreading of the prophecy is the decision of the prophetess." The Speaker looks between Eao and Zhareen.

"I have heard he has an association with carrion-eaters and creatures that scurry in the dark. He holds sway over all that lurks beneath." Sky-cutter pauses. "But my mentor would know more. He served the King in Rags directly before his downfall and before the Fairest of Lands were taken. His name is Silent Feathers Drifting and he presides over a hunting lodge far from here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"So we could either go to investigate Riverside or to see the mentor of the great lady." Zhareen summarizes as she taps her index finger against her chin thoughtfully. Then she turns to Korrina. "Talking to the mentor first might give us ideas what to look for in Riverside but going to Riverside first would give us more things to tell him about. I have an idea of what we could do, but I'd like to hear your suggestion first." Then the warlock makes a sweeping gesture towards Eon and the others. "And you may of course chime in. The more opinions, the better."

"I'd suggest investigating Riverside first. The people there will be looking to clean up and move past the incident. Best get there when memories are fresh." Korrina responds promptly.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Halfling in the Playground

[Steelbite Canyon]

Remember how Atreyu suggested he's not the most experienced when it comes to combat? Well, that's demonstrated rather promptly here as he absolutely did not expect the guy he dropped to the floor to casually throw another bolt of unpleasantry at him. Too late to try and dodge out the way, Atreyu curses and makes a quick gesture, causing a faint green glow to envelop him, which serves to absorb the beam...partially.

Reduced in intensity, the beam still strikes his chest and eats away at his flesh, causing him to stagger back and clutch his wound, pulling his hand away a moment later to reveal a mess of bloody and half-dissolved gore. Ick.

He might, uh, need a moment after that.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #1237

[iDungeon]

The diadem is not magical, just fancy.

Jeanette responds with a forceful snort and a suppressed smile.

"No, you look like a dork," she clarifies.

Oh no.

Nooo!

Not a dork!

Linus is supposed to be a bro!

Anywho!

Onward!

Poking at the walls with the piton doesn't result in anything terribly interesting, aside from little bits of limestone flaking away.

Our heroes will soon enter a large chamber with a stream flowing across it in a channel from one side to the other. Along the far wall are seven levers all in an 'up' position. Looking up toward the ceiling, a narrow groove encircles the roof of the room. Judging from the crushed skeleton impaled on stone spikes stuck to said ceiling, it's pretty clear what happens if the lever puzzle gets messed up. Fun!

"Well I think we know what the note is for," Jeanette observes.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-01-13 at 12:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

Linus slowly makes his way across the room. Something went and killed that guy so clearly there's something lurking in this area.
    If something jumps out, there's going to be fighting!
    If nothing jumps out, Linus is going to be slowly entering in the combination they were given. With something long instead of his hand in case more spikes pop out of the floor on a wrong answer or something.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Orc in the Playground

Steelbite Canyon Shrine to Nyx

The chef doesn't recover from Calm Reed stamping on his neck, and dies.

The riflewoman stops screaming, either dead or unconscious.

Fido takes Atreyu's distraction as an opportunity to stand back up, lashing out a rather poor punch at the site of the werewolf's injury. He's not affected by the entropic energies that may still be eating at Atreyu's flesh, and it's likely to hurt- if it hits. Fido's had no training in combat or how to fight, and his punch is telegraphed and poorly aimed.

The peglegged man enters the Quonset hut, heading towards the motorbike & sidecar, the one fitted with a machinegun. He doesn't get there yet, and even if he did he'd have to move it so it could fire.

The mechanic reappears, leaning out of the motorhome's front passenger window. He's aiming a hand-built submachine gun at Calm Reed, and fires a short burst at her before it jams.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Found a Fortress]

The Dragonborn has a huge dilemma right now.

The light armor could fail at any moment since there seems to be no way to know how it works or how much energy it has or how to restore its energy or whatever. The best thing to do would be to run back behind a boiler and use it as cover, so that she can avoid depending on it while she fires at the robot from safety.
    The other two don't have this armor and if she runs and gets cover, then that would mean the other two get targeted more. The best thing to do, clearly, is to then stay out here in the open so long as the other two are still here in the open, too.
    It's the biggest dilemma.

The crossbow June grabbed was pretty decent at reloading.
    She takes a step back.
    And then, aims her crossbow at the threatening spider-robot. and points the crossbow at the robot's center of mass. She fires more and more there.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Fortress

Spako leaps into action, drawing his sword and letting it electrify again, sliding forward on the slick stones to hack at the legs of the spidery thing. They're smaller and more likely to be damaged than that heavy metal torso it's got. Too bad these rooms aren't big enough for him to get big and do some tussling.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

Eon nods. "We should gather information before it has time to change in the retelling. We should go as soon as possible."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

[Steelbite Canyon Shrine to Nyx]

Calm Reed lowers her head and hides it behind her arms, the bullets striking her armor. The glow around her intensifies and the mechanic might feel a strong sense of shame and regret; as if he shouldn't have fired those bullets. Immediately after, Calm Reed reaches out with her hand, sending a jet of freezing water at the back of the peg-legged man, intending to knock him over before he reaches the machine-gun. Best not to let him operate that thing.

The Speaker looks worriedly between her patron and the visitors, not having a lot to add now. Sky-Cutter, however, speaks again.

"When you meet Silent Feathers Drifting, tell him that you've sent by me, Sky-Cutter, whom he saw birthed by a storm. He will know you speak true and that I sent you. Be patient with him. He is old and powerful, but has devoted his life to... simpler pleasures. He is tired of grandiose pursuits, I think."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1244

[Steelbite Canyon]

Well.

Magdalene is having a bunch of trouble standing back up so she decides to do something that doesn't require much in the way of coordination to accomplish.

Namely?

She causes a totem to sprout out of the ground. Fido may recall this one. It's topped with a pair of antlers and a woven wooden cage with a point of pulsing pink light inside it. Eldritch power immediately suffices the area, threatening to rot anything hostile nearby while feeding some of the stolen vitality into Magdalene and any of her allies within the effect.

This is probably a good thing for Atreyu since it should cause the wound in his belly to begin healing, though it'll probably feel a bit on the gross side.

Bad news for Fido since it would begin eating away at him.

No one likes being eaten away at.

[Found a Fortress]

Our heroes spring into action!

June fires several crossbow bolts into the robot, which punch through its armor in a suitably satisfying fashion. Spako goes for the cool slide attack, cleaving one of its legs out from under it. Pepper seems to think the leg attacks are a good plan, springing into position with Spako and slashing through another limb with her axe in a shower of sparks.

The robot does not like this.

Not.

One.

Bit.

It reacts by opening vents all along its body and releasing a cloud of scalding steam into the air around it! Not only is this uncomfortable for anyone nearby, it also obscures vision of the clownbot.

[iDungeon]

Time to start pulling some levers!

Which each lever pulled there's a clanking sound, followed by the lever snapping back into the 'up' position. Once the sequence is finished there's a chime from... somewhere... in the room and hidden door on the east side of the room slides open! Should Linus decide to investigate he'll find no boots at all.

Sadly.

But he WILL find a small collection of gold coins and another magical key!

Score!

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

[iDungeon]

Linus grins and fetches their loot.
    "Well, dead end, but we got another key for the other locked door." That they did!
    If nothing jumps out of them on their way out, Linus will make his way back to the previous room and try the key on the other locked door. A minor distraction that got them some more gold and supplies, so he isn't going to complain.

16. - Top - End - #1246

[Steelbite Canyon]

Okay. Atreyu's not the best at this, but he's not so incapable in combat as to be caught out by such a poorly thrown punch.

He catches the swing in one hand and growls, throwing his weight forward to headbutt Fido, aiming to deliver a sound whack against that crack in his face. Which may be a terrible idea, depending on exactly how Fido's entropy-powers work.

Atreyu's wound, meanwhile, doesn't seem to worsen - bolstered both by the absorption spell, and a werewolf's natural healing, it seems all the damage that would be done has been done...for the moment. Magdalene's totem will probably serve to help the damage be undone pretty quickly, but not just yet.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Orc in the Playground

Steelbite Canyon Shrine to Nyx

The mechanic drops his gun in regret and winds the window back up.

The peg-legged man is knocked over by water and struggles to right himself.

The totem erupts from the earth and Fido turns to it to try and blast it with his eyes, but is headbutted and stumbles. His stolen clothing is rotting away, though the entropic energies replacing his soul protect somewhat against the decay. Protecting himself weakens the energy he has at his disposal, however, and he's too stunned to react much this post.

The zombie starts lumbering forward, heading for Magdalene, its one arm stretched out. Somehow it can see well enough to walk around any obstacles, despite lacking a head.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #1248

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Found a Fortress

Spako leaps into action, drawing his sword and letting it electrify again, sliding forward on the slick stones to hack at the legs of the spidery thing. They're smaller and more likely to be damaged than that heavy metal torso it's got. Too bad these rooms aren't big enough for him to get big and do some tussling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Found a Fortress]

Our heroes spring into action!

June fires several crossbow bolts into the robot, which punch through its armor in a suitably satisfying fashion. Spako goes for the cool slide attack, cleaving one of its legs out from under it. Pepper seems to think the leg attacks are a good plan, springing into position with Spako and slashing through another limb with her axe in a shower of sparks.

The robot does not like this.

Not.

One.

Bit.

It reacts by opening vents all along its body and releasing a cloud of scalding steam into the air around it! Not only is this uncomfortable for anyone nearby, it also obscures vision of the clownbot.

[Found a Fortress]

Oh no!
    With scalding steam everywhere suddenly, firing ranged attacks is an awful idea. Luckily, she's far enough away that the steam doesn't burn her, but she suddenly has to stop firing.
    After all, June doesn't want to hit Spako or Pepper. If these bolts can punch through the armor of the robot like that, she doesn't want to imagine what it'd do to a person.

She backs up and - to let the others know where she is - she says, "Um! Anybody have a good plan for this? Do we have a way to hold it in place?"
    June glances behind her, and spots a boiler. She moves behind the boiler, like this is some sort of shooter-game with a barricade, thinking that if she has that protecting part of around her then even if the robot uses the steam to try to sneak up on her, she'd notice.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-01-16 at 01:28 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

[Steelbite Canyon Shrine to Nyx]

Calm Reed rushes forth and tries to intercept the zombie heading for Magdalene. Once she reaches it, she will try to rather unceremoniously cave its chest in with a powerful, two-fisted hammer-blow.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Found a Fortress

Spako points up with his scepter and barks a word as a rune runs along its length. With a swirl of air, a strong upwards gust kicks up from the ground, hopefully blowing a lot of the steam up instead of into Pepper and June's faces. Spako was right in the middle of it but luckily well, he's a dragon. The steam does make his pants unpleasantly damp, however.

21. - Top - End - #1251

[Walk in the Woods - Thariza]

Thariza looks up at the other-Ambrosia and grows, the hair on her neck rising.

"I don't want to be here any more than you do. And my friend, who was here with me, is rust knows where. The only thing I can think of doing is try to get to where we were going to begin with. So here we are."

She strides into the complex, indignation replacing anxiety for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Dimensional Troubles]

Ah, good. That worked. Maybe save the idea for later implementation.

"That was the suggestion, yes. That way?" the drone said, gesturing towards a denser clump of mycoidal growth although it was already in motion. "If you've any ability to find a better path, I cede pathfinding to you." it added; again in that detached way as if the current situation was far less urgent than it actually was. Regardless, putting as much distance as possible between the horrific screaming thing was priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"I'd suggest investigating Riverside first. The people there will be looking to clean up and move past the incident. Best get there when memories are fresh." Korrina responds promptly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post

Eon nods. "We should gather information before it has time to change in the retelling. We should go as soon as possible."

The Speaker looks worriedly between her patron and the visitors, not having a lot to add now. Sky-Cutter, however, speaks again.

"When you meet Silent Feathers Drifting, tell him that you've sent by me, Sky-Cutter, whom he saw birthed by a storm. He will know you speak true and that I sent you. Be patient with him. He is old and powerful, but has devoted his life to... simpler pleasures. He is tired of grandiose pursuits, I think."

Zhareen nods sagely to Korrina. "It's decided then, we shall go to Riverside first and then meet this Silent Feather character. We should know enough about spirits to give him more than enough to comment on." She gestures to Eon. "And, yes, no time to waste with fey-schemes occuring!" She put her hands on her hips and turns to the patron and the speaker, looking and nodding respectfully to them respectively. "So unless you have anything to, lady and great lady, we shouldn't take up more of your time. Instead, we will return with the information we've gathered. As soon as possible!"

"Don't suppose we should even wait for those dudes-" The dragon glances behind them for signs of the zealots but there's still no sign of them. "Suppose not."
    However, as she tries to follow Thariza the stone door suddenly slams shut right behind the charr as soon as she steps inside the temple, bathing it in darkness.
    "Subject Pheonix, welcome back. What can I do for you? Afraid our operations have suffered some damage, hence the unstable nature of our sorrundings and our current lack of light. You should be safe in here however."

[Dimensional Troubles]

The armored woman nods and they continue heading in the direction they were going. However, soon the lighting storm above them stops and they can see what appears to be a dragon flying from the location. "...I believe that being is what stopped the storm." She remarks as she stops for a moment. "And wherever it's going, we should follow it. Or do you have a better idea? We're a bit without direction right at the moment."

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

Korrina nods her agreement. Mind you, she's not sure she's going to Riverside for this part. Seems more sketchy than is a good idea in her state, but they can sort that out later.

23. - Top - End - #1253

[Steelbite Canyon]

Well.

It looks like someone else is taking care of the zombie for Magdalene so that's nice. She's managed to prop herself up to a kneeling position so she can glare a bit more properly at Fido.

Okay.

Yeah.

She's feeling stable enough to actually try doing something.

To that end?

Tendrils of pink wreathed in icy blue lash out from her outstretched hand toward Fido, aiming to bite into him and begin devouring him quite literally. The aura from the totem is certainly insidious, but the tendrils are FAR more aggressive. Definitely not the sort of thing someone wants to get chomped by.

[iDungeon]

Since it has been a little while it should be noted that there were THREE doors in this room. The one our heroes went through, the second locked door, and a third sealed door that hasn't been investigated yet that opened up when the leyeons were defeated. So!

First a description of the locked door in question.

It looks more or less like all the other locked doors that our heroes have investigated thus far, though Linus may notice that there's a section of the floor in front of it with a deep groove running around it right in front of the door. The etched off floor tile is big enough to cover the doorway and a few feet on each side, too.

Jeanette, meanwhile, is taking the opportunity to nom the dead monsters while Linus fiddles with the door. She probably isn't too keen on being watched. She certainly wasn't before.

[Found a Fortress]

June hides behind a boiler! It's pretty hot, being a boiler and all.

Spako casts gust of wind or something equivalent! Steam goes wooshing up into the air and prevents our heroes from getting cooked as badly as they would otherwise. Pepper got scalded a bit, but thankfully she's a veteran adventurer AND gaiads are quite a bit more resilient than one might expect them to be. With the robot's scheme mostly thwarted she grips the haft of her axe with both hands, braces her hooves, and smashes the weapon straight into the clownbot's face! There's a sound of shrieking, ripping metal as the multitude of spinning blades on the face of the axe eat into the possessed robot.

The clownbot does not like this one bit and responds by kicking Pepper away and into one of the nearby boilers.

Rude.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-01-18 at 12:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

iDungeon

"Hey. I think this door might be trapped, so just hold onto this." Linus tosses Jeanie one end of the rope from before to hold onto while she does her feeding thing. He doesn't look too much since she doesn't seem to like him doing that.
    Meanwhile, with the other end of the rope, Linus tries to lean over the suspiciously trap-door like section of the floor to stick the key in the hole. With any luck if the floor does fall out it will still let him step over into the actual treasure room.
    Because Linus wants more magic gems and/or equipment, darn it! He's still gunning for those magic shoes. Or some other solution to that problem.

25. - Top - End - #1255

[Flying]

So Fettina is flitting through outside on a snowy evening with her wings spread about her and no sun to reflect off the metallic sheen of her body. She seems to wear casual clothes - a tank top and pants and a fur coat and boots - like a human might, but with cuts in the back for her wings. Her arms hang behind her and her hair is on the longer side, kinda collected to one side as a sheet of red flame... or it looks that way as it wafts in the wind. Her wings make faint harmonious creaks as she rides the wind. She is rather stressed at the moment.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Flying]
    With a sound like a million crystal bells chiming every note in the cosmos at once, a gap unzips in the sky and two figures tumble out, locked in a death roll. The first[1] is easily mistaken for a lamia, until you see the crown of serpentine hair, and the mirrored sunglasses sitting comfortably on her nose despite the ongoing plummet.

The second is a truly immense hydra, protected from the gorgon's crushing coils and flashing shortswords - currently held reverse-grip, plunging like daggers - by layer upon layer of interlocking chitinous armour[2].

"Diediediedie-"

She seems rather upset.

"Hang in there, 'Mara! This won't be the worst thing you face! And hey, now we have to get through the portal before it - aw f-" The rest is lost in the whip of wind through feathers as the pure-white griffon[3] executes a frankly ridiculous roll and dive for its size in order to avoid the edges of the gap in space as it snaps closed. Two people can briefly be seen on its back, but they're mostly lost in the speed and the thick feathers around them unless Tina has particularly acute senses.

"Well, now that Annis has tempted fate -" There's a faint thud, as of fist on armour, followed by an amused huff. "- I do suggest you speed things up, Amara, before this fight complicates itself further." Something in this voice is recognisable to Tina's angelic nature - familiar, maybe even safe. At the latter sentence, she can probably feel the attention of its owner.

Meanwhile, Amara has been industriously working her way through the armour on the back of the neck she's coiled around, and has mostly pried up a spinal plate. She's largely avoiding the other heads by the simple expedient of flattening herself down when they try for a bite and being too small for them to get proper purchase; nonetheless, she's visibly somewhat battered.

Unless Tina zoomed in earlier, they've fallen to or probably a little past her altitude at this point.

_____

I'm new here so I can't post links :v

[1] url=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/eb/64/8beb64142e1423e391d5fa1f2f9cb4ef.png
    [2] url=https://wallup.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/26/246523-hydra-artwork-digital_art-creature-mythology.jpg
    [3] url=https://c4.wallpaperflare.com/wallpaper/954/907/645/fantasy-art-griffon-wallpaper-preview.jpg
    Last edited by the_ajl; 2021-01-19 at 02:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

A low growl escapes Thariza's throat as she glowers intensely into the darkness.

"Yeah, about that. I would rather not be... test subject whatever anymore. I'm here to get rid of any hold you still have over me."

28. - Top - End - #1258

[Flying]

Fettina dives down after them. "Hey, whoah! Are you guys okay!" Fettina cuts her wings around herself and dives in a cocoon of chrome, coming out with a swirling motion as she gets closer to the falling conflict. The hydra looks like the aggressor here... maybe they need help? She hadn't been looking for trouble but she's not surprised to see it fall out of the sky in the Nexus. At least they weren't somewhere populated.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Flying]

"Hey, whoah! Are you guys okay!"

"I - can - do - this -" Amara narrowly ducks another massive bite, stifling a hiss as a snake is torn from her head. The armour plate finally comes loose, and, casting it away, she sinks her blades in with a hiss of triumph, using them to anchor herself as she lunges down to follow with her fangs. Her hair joins in enthusiastically, biting and biting and biting.

Which is when the hydra lets out a bellow of fury, seven other heads rearing back. An infernal glow begins to shine through the armour of their necks, rising up towards their opening mouths - some kind of breath weapon, clearly, but Amara hasn't noticed, distracted in redoubling her assault.

Now that Tina's drawn closer, she can see the two riders on the griffon much more clearly. The man wears fine silver armour[1], and where the light glints off it she can see subtle designs evoking rays of light and feathered wings somehow worked into the metal[2]. Every part of him radiates the same sense of comfortable familiarity as his speech. Behind him, stretched out to lounge easily on the oversized saddle, is a woman in much more functional armour[3]. She doesn't ping Tina's angelic senses the same way, but if Tina can pick up magic, every last item on them, and they themselves, are veritable bonfires of the stuff.

They're circling the fight, watching closely; the man is clearly ready to intervene if necessary, but doesn't seem to yet consider the situation untenable. The woman has more of an air of taking mental notes; she spares Tina an idly curious glance (if Tina's a particularly insightful sort she might pick up that she's being assessed for danger and combat ability), but does no more than make an easy go if you want to gesture in the direction of the hydra.

_____

[1] url=https://i.ya-webdesign.com/images/human-fighter-png-3.png

[2]
    Spoiler: A foul url, but I can't post links yet
    Show
    url=https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/bcb0dc09-529f-4b20-bde1-893b3f742d65/d5yymu8-432a93d7-7cc5-447c-b411-d4aefadb2e47.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_1449,q_75,strp/paladin_by_director_16-d5yymu8.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1 NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhN WYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg 4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1c m46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t 7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9iY2IwZGMwOS01MjlmLTRiMjAtYmRlMS04O TNiM2Y3NDJkNjUvZDV5eW11OC00MzJhOTNkNy03Y2M1LTQ0N2M tYjQxMS1kNGFlZmFkYjJlNDcuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwM jQiLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTE0NDkifV1dfQ._y0StOzQ8eOm7jSl PRHphezfxyCJ9iTti70F3yXY6uY

[3] url=https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/covers/images/012/975/077/large/xu-yang-c1-wc2-j.jpg?1537448334
    Last edited by the_ajl; 2021-01-19 at 03:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260

[Flying]

Fettina watches all this with uncertainty, really unsure if she should intervene. When the flying people seem ambivalent, she gets closer to the melee. She feels an oddly natural impulse take over... and she seems to gather sunlight in her hand that coalesces as a spear of orange-white fire. She doesn't want to see the big naga lady get hurt. She reminded Tina a lot of a friend of hers. So she hurls her sunbolt at the chest of the great hydra, trying to sting it and draw its attention. Her wings whip about herself.

Of course she seems a bit surprised after that she just did that. And there's a blazing halo of red light around her head, and her hair is a sheet of flame.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters