New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 4

Sirthis hummed a motif looking at the artwork- that didn't seem too safe. There again, comparing anything to the Fortress was probably unfair.
    "Why's there a statue of a black dragon? Got a story there?" he asked "You don't usually find statues of supposedly evil dragons in cities"

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

“Ah, yes. The one I’m about to introduce you to slayed a black dragon and hung its head in the same place,” the Vigilar answered, leading the group past a row of stained-glass windows and into a fairly simple office with an aging man passing an arrest warrant for a blue-skinned Tiefling named Nelista to a woman dressed like another Vigilar. The Highsword looked up and stood. “Highsword Zorne, at your service. How may I help you?”
    “They need a permit to bring an exotic beast into the city,” she answered as the other Vigilar took her leave. “You May make your case,” she said to Eris, then stepped back.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Eris stepped forward, showing the egg.
    "This is a wyvern's egg that we were rewarded with- it hasn't shown any signs of hatching at the moment and we'll be gone by tomorrow morning most likely. I'll take much care to make sure nothing bad happens, and failing that three of my companions are skilled healers and or magicians- we could fix anything it breaks. But I'm going to sleep with it too if need be, it'll be impossible for it to create any problem" she said.
    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Persuasion? (1d20+6)[22]

Sirthis holded his words in, waiting to see is she could get away without having to offer a favor. He did have a pretty sweet spell to find that Nelista person.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-07-03 at 05:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Highsword Zorne produced a form for the carrying of exotic pets and a pen. “Very well, the license is three silver,” he said, mostly sounding bored.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Eris produced a gold coin- she didn't really have silvers with her.

"I hope they got change" Sirthis mused, still interested in said Nelista. Probably the horns. Though, he recalled he would actually need to have seen her once so his plan had a hole.
    "Is there a bounty on that Nelista woman?" Sirthis asked suddenly.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Zorne exchanged coins with Eris so that she had seven silver. “Good eye there, mister...?” He waited for Sirthis’s name, then continued. “Yes, though not offered by the Watch but by the house Corwell, of whom she scammed their second son into buying a mine she pretended to own. One hundred platinum coins.”
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis Elvaninn" he said, then chuckled at what she did, then looked surprised at the bounty.
    "Hell yeah I'm game. Any more details you have? Last place she was seen, something like that?"

"Sirthis, you're tecnically one of the richest people anybody could ever meet- why do you care about a hundred platinum coins?" Eris asked.

"Because money. Also because might as well have fun, am I right? Got a picture of her, Zorne?'

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Zorne passed Sirthis a sketch of her elegant features and wide horns. Her eyes were a pale yellow. “We don’t know if she’s still in the city. She’s smart, so probably not. Is there any other way I can help you?”
    Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh. Yeah if she's not in the city anymore we can probably do nothing, we'll see. Known associates? Last place she was seen in? On a completely unrelated note, an inn you'd advise to sleep at?"

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

"The Purple Wyrm Inn and Tavern is used to accommodating travelers like you. As to the rest... a half-drow who called herself Maria, and she was last seen at the mine in question. Or rather, the cave with no valuable minerals in it. But she had a room at the Blushing Mermaid Inn in the lower district of the city that her affects disappeared from, but for the rent for her room."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

"I understand, thank you" Sirthis said, waving "We'll go n- right, where's the mine? Then we can go"

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

“Down the river six leagues. Have a pleasant night,” Zorne said.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you. Goodbye Zorne. Lanta" Sirthis waved and led the group out.
    Once outside, he asked "Is the mine on the way to the desert Leflabah?"

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

“No,”
    Leff answered.
    “It’s down the river going East. We’re going South.”
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

"Eh, no dice then. I'm not goin- wait, with your horses doesn't it take something like... An hour? We could most certainly make a detour" Sirthis mused "If the cave's empty then the trace goes cold and we can leave- we'll lose three hours of travel at best"

Eris Meanwhile stopped some random person.
    "I'm sorry, for the Blushing Mermaid?" she asked, sighing. She knew Sirthis was going to want to check out Maria's old room.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

“Is running after con artists your idea of a good time or something?”
    Leff asked.
    “Some rich people’s dumb kid got lied to and you make it a priority?”

The man sneered and moved past Eris without answering.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

"Eh... Just want to see if I can" Sirthis replied "I don't particularly care about the reward. But it seems fun being investigators- an adventure is supposed to be fun too. I'm liable to just catch her and then free her to go away happy that I could do it. Plus she seems pretty"

"That was pretty rude. And- Sirthis, we got a duty to do. Saving the world, remember? Stopping cultists? I could maybe understand wanting to catch a thief -seems pretty low on the priority scale but still- but out of fun?" Eris chimed in.

"Same answer. And as I said, it's three hours at best" Sirthis seeing how it went asking for directions for the Blushing Mermaid pursed his lips.
    "On another note, that inn seems pretty bad given that reaction. Maybe we shouldn't go there with valuable stuff" he stopped somebody else and asked for the Purple Wyrm Inn and Tavern.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

The lady he stopped pointed him to an inn decorated with purple scales - fake, Sirthis noted upon closer inspection.
    “Why don’t you and Hoket go, then, while me and Eris take a day to better research the path ahead? We clearly haven’t gathered enough information,”
    Leff suggested.
    “Can I come?”
    Zenov asked.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't really want to commit that much time, honestly... Mmm, without the two of you I can go eagle with Hoket and Zenov and still get there pretty fast... Alright, let's do this. You research the path while the three of us go spelunking" Sirthis nodded at Leflabah and Zenov, leading the group inside the inn. He decided to not mention that after running into Osterneth and the giants he wasn't feeling too great about adventuring with half the firepower. More then half. Though he WAS going to get a familiar soon enough.

"You should really be careful about those items of yours" Eris suggested.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Leff looked at her own ring.
    “Good call.”
    she took Eris’s hand.
    “Shall we get our rooms?”
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

"Should we take two rooms? Assuming they have one with triple bedding" Sirthis said, passing a goodberry to each of the five of them. And keeping his left hand curled up in a fist to not get the ring stolen after what she said- and watching out for the bracialets. He really hoped nobody was going to rip his earring off.

"On this I can agree" Eris nodded, walking over to the counter to talk to the bartender.
    "Sorry to disturb- are there two free rooms for three and two people?"

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

"Free?" The half-elf at the desk laughed - lightly. It was late, and all but one of the patrons - a lizardfolk ordering bowl after bowl of water - had gone to bed. "Nah, not free. But we have some available for a gold piece a night - breakfast included. How many will it be?"

"Two would be for the best," Leff told Sirthis, passing him one gold piece for her and Eris's room.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

"I... I meant free as in non-occupied, not free of charge" Eris sighed.

Sirthis put two gold coins on the counter.
    "Yeah, two rooms. One for me and the dragonborns, one for the girls. Leflabah, since this is a good time as any, can we go over that bit about the materials for the familiar before we go to sleep seeing how there's almost nobody here?" he asked "Tomorrow I can give you the money to pay for everything you'll need"

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Leff passed him the brazier full of incense and charcoal. "I got the materials for free, but for repeated castings you can generally get enough incense and charcoal for ten gold pieces." She smiled tightly. "How good are you at lighting fires?"

Two keys were handed to Sirthis in exchange for the coins. "First rooms up the stairs, one on the left and one on the right," he said.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

"As good as Prestidigitation gets me... Or Wall Of Fire. I don't really have half measures" Sirthis said, taking a seat by a table.
    "I just need to put the charchoal and incense in the brazier and light the charcoal up, no?
    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Never used a brazier or incense in my life.

"We'll be here a while" Eris sighed taking the keys "How much for a beer? A good one. I can't recall the last time I could drink one"

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

"Five copper coins for a flagon of good beer," the answer came, and a beer was poured.

"Here." Leff tapped the inside of the brazier and lit it up. "Now do whatever your wife let you do."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Eris put a silver coin on the counter.
    "Make them two then" she said, leaning with her back against the counter watching Sirthis and Leflabah work. Drinking, she realized that the last time she drank one was from before she died. That was pretty long.
    "Thank you" Sirthis said, starting his chanting of words of power, visualizing the butterdragon for the whole hour and ten minutes calling it out with its new nickname: "Chocolate"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-07-03 at 10:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

A red tiny dragon with butterfly wings sprung out of the cauldron, laughing and flying about the room without much care about where it went. "Neeeeeeeew world, meet your master! I am CHOCOLATE!" it declared in Sylvan.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

"Uuuuuh you're so pretty" Sirthis exclaimed in Sylvan looking up at Chocolate, eyes shining.
    Thank you Mab- I already love it Nevermind that she was probably sleeping. Anyway, he followed after his new personal faerie dragon- unsure how much dragon Chocolate actually was. Sirthis tried holding out a gold coin.

Eris blinked.
    "That surely looks like something Sirthis would be friends with" she nodded.
    "Are dragons typical familiars, Leff?"

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Chocolate leapt onto Sirthis's arm, picked up the gold piece, and hungrily chewed on it, taking bites out of the gold coin and eating it. "Yum yum! Tasty treat for tasty me!" It exulted. "I love you!" it added, nuzzling Sirthis's neck with its snout.

"Not typical, but then neither is he."
    Show