New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Keep on the Shadowfell IC

"Well, I intend to take a little rest. Summoning firestorms isn't quite as easy as I make it look." Gagan says that entirely straightfaced ... hard to tell how much he's joking. He slowly wanders over to the magic circle, breathing in and out deeply.

Spoiler: magic circle?
    Show
    I'll take a look at the magic circle and try to figure out what it's for. Arcana (d20+6)[14], but if the die come up 8 or less, I'll try a High Imaskar reroll: (d20+6)[17].

After that I'll start a short rest to recharge those encounter powers.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-11-23 at 06:24 PM.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    "Ohh, if you insist," Brina says, still riding high on morale and thus wanting to do the group a solid, shapeshifts into a particularly fluffy alpaca (she met an alpaca once! It was a very good day), and boings off into the direction the 'bolds ran off into... with the speed normally reserved for sprinting wolves. To shower them in very angry bees.
    Make an athletics check to see if you can catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    "Well, I intend to take a little rest. Summoning firestorms isn't quite as easy as I make it look." Gagan says that entirely straightfaced ... hard to tell how much he's joking. He slowly wanders over to the magic circle, breathing in and out deeply.

Spoiler: magic circle?
    Show
    I'll take a look at the magic circle and try to figure out what it's for. Arcana [roll0], but if the die come up 8 or less, I'll try a High Imaskar reroll: [roll1].

After that I'll start a short rest to recharge those encounter powers.
    The magic circle seems to be nothing more than what you noticed in the fight: something that makes it easier to hit an opponent with a weapon. It's so old that it might have even been here before the kobolds arrived. There isn't any evidence that anybody's attempted to tamper with the circle's magic recently.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

And with a hop, skip, and a jump, Alpaca-Brina gets caught on a root and faceplants in plain sight of everyone.

4. - Top - End - #304

Despite the initial setback, Brina still manages to get a glimpse of her targets - enough to tell that they clearly don't intend to return anytime soon. Once she returns, the six of you are able to take a short rest without interruption.

You can see three paths into the cave system the kobolds are using as a hideout. One north of the waterfall, one south of the waterfall, and one through the waterfall.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The key questions here are "How are you going to enter?" and "Are you going to do anything before entering?"
    Link to true signature

5. - Top - End - #305

DwarfClericGuy

The one north of the waterfall, after someone checks it for traps? Someone with Stealthyness?

(I know that's not a word!)

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Brina just... tries to blend in with the background while they rest, staying in Alpaca form to hide her embarassment under a lot of fluff. Once it is time to move inside, she turns back into her elven form and if no one else makes any decisions where to go, she heads straight to the waterfall. That would be what they would least except, right? Coming straight through the waterfall despite the two other more cushy entrances?

Naturally, if Gagan doesn't feel up for it, she goes with what he wants to.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarathi hunches down, waiting for the others to be ready to procede.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Melhved Brombriar

Watching the animal start to bound away, Melhved reluctantly stays with the group, knowing her limited speed would slow down the pursuit and show her weakness. She is almost relieved when the chase comes to a quick end. Securing her gear and cleaning her blade, she wades into the water and looks at the entrance behind the waterfall. "Our time of being unnoticed is coming to an end," she thinks. "In?"
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

9. - Top - End - #309

DwarfClericGuy

"Check for traps first!"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

"A wise thought, that." Gagan goes to the north side of the waterfall and peers around at the ground and cliff wall.

Spoiler: Perception, mundane and magical
    Show
    Perception check looking for traps: (d20+1)[21]
    Arcana check (standard action) to sense the presence of magic: (d20+6)[8], and again if the die shows 8 or less I'll try a reroll: (d20+6)[15]
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-11-30 at 03:10 AM.

Current games list

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    "A wise thought, that." Gagan goes to the north side of the waterfall and peers around at the ground and cliff wall.

Spoiler: Perception, mundane and magical
    Show
    Perception check looking for traps: [roll0]
    Arcana check (standard action) to sense the presence of magic: [roll1], and again if the die shows 8 or less I'll try a reroll: [roll2]
    You don't see traps of any form.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    After rolling initiative, I got worried I was jumping the gun. After overthinking it a bit, I decided to start combat now presuming that if any of you had something more do to before charging through, you would have said so already.

When you charge through the waterfall, the kobolds close behind it toss the board game they were playing aside. They're startled, but not disappointed that they were interrupted. Sadistic smiles form on their faces as they draw their weapons. Confident but alert shouts of alarm make kobolds you can only barely see begin scurrying around the edge of your vision.

Spoiler: Game Actions
    Show
    A battle has begun! Link to the initiative rolls.

Everything about the battle map true in the previous combat remains true during this one, although the information is far less likely to come up. Those who charge through the waterfall first start within the blue square, and those who don't may start anywhere within the green square. The black transparent boxes denote sections of the cave nobody can see.

This is the first combat where super minions appear. Damage dealt to them is reduced to one unless it exceeds their soak, but they only have 2 hp.

As a reminder, you have gotten the benefits of a short rest since the last fight. I expect that you'll need them.

Johuan and Brina will take their turns, while everyone else places their token on the battle map as desired. Then, the kobolds will take their turn.
    Link to true signature

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Brina, Elven Druid
    HP 25/25, HS 8/8 (6), AP 1 | AC 17, F 12, R 16, W 16
    Wild Shaped? no, Conditions -

Brina bursts through the waterfall. It is uncertain, even to herself, what she expected. There are plenty of bloodthirsty kobolds who seem happy to see her in a disturbing manner and... she went ahead of everyone else. There is a moment of regret about her poor life choices as she puts her hand on her stomach, points with one hand in a very, very urgent manner (with additional shaking for emphasis) towards one of the meaner looking 'bolds while feeling the warm burn race up from her stomach and spitting a large glob of slime at another especially concerning looking one a bit out of the way. Roots burst up from cracks in the stone, as the love-starved rootling needs yet more attention, grabbing itself the more substantial 'bold, the other barely managing to excuse himself. All this is underscored by yelling and sizzling and presumably swearing like a sailor, as the slime bursts in all directions and covers not only the one Brina had aimed at, but judging from the additional set of pipes cursing up a storm, there was another one her questionable aim hit.

As things are looking up for Team Brina, she makes her next bold move. Namely boldly away, back through the waterfall she came through. "Many 'bolds! Many 'bolds!" she no doubt helpfully informs as she does her best not to stumble in the shallow water, soaked from head to toe (and thankfully washing away the errant slime bits).

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Brina starts in the top-right of the blue deployment zone inside the cave

Standard Grasping Tide, area burst 1 within 10 squares, on S2 and K2
    (1d20+5)[7] vs S2's Fort Miss
    (1d20+5)[15] vs K2's Fort Hit
    Hit: (1d6+4)[8] damage. Until the end of Brina's next turn, if the target leaves the area of the attack, Brina can make the following secondary attack against the triggering target as an opportunity action.

(1d20+5)[16] vs S2's Ref
    (1d20+5)[16] vs K2's Ref Will hit if triggered
    Hit: Knocked prone.

Minor Sudden Slime, area burst 1 within 10 squares, on K3 and S5
    (1d20+5)[24] vs S5's Fort Hit
    (1d20+5)[19] vs K3's Fort Hit
    Hit: 4 acid damage, and slowed until the end of Brina's next turn.

Move Moves back outside because she went in before everyone else and there are a lot of 'bolds right in front of her and nope!
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-11-30 at 05:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I wanted to bide out and get a few more people through the waterfall, but really hard to do that rolling a 30. So here we go!

Starting at the southern most edge of the waterfall, Johuann wastes no time charging in (staying as close to the south wall as possible to avoid any AoO), attempting to strike hard against the isolated and now seemingly debilitated Kobold.

Show
    Minor: Mark K3 with Oath of Enmity. Can roll twice and use better result when I am the only one adjacent to the target.

Standard: Whirlwind Charge. Grants +4 vs AoO should they be provoked during the charge. Effective AC of 20 during charge.
    (1d20+8)[28] or (1d20+8)[9] VS AC, (2d12+4)[7] on a hit. That be a crit. 28 damage it is.

Should I hit and it is needed: Free Action: Iron Wolf Charge. Adds (1d6)[4] to the damage, and attack roll. (1d20+4)[20] VS WILL, hit pushes the target 2 back and they take -2 to all attack rolls until EoNT.

Free action: Apologize again for not noticing the initiative roll.

Again, the Elf holy warrior wastes no time cleaving cleanly through a Kobold cultist, seemingly the new antithesis to his calling.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2020-12-05 at 08:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314

With reckless glee, the kobolds attempt to attack the people who went through the waterfall. The one in black armor charges forth, only to get tripped by the roots Brina called. He gets back up, but is too startled to keep moving. Another kobold sneaks to the south of Melhved, whiffing a strike in the process. The other kobold within the roots throws a javelin at her to a similar lack of effect.

A mix of bloodlust and acknowledged danger drive two of the kobolds to surround and attack Johuan. Fortunately, he manages to evade the attacks.

The kobolds in the room to the north begin to move into the room under attack. One hits Melhved with a thrown javelin. The other charges at her, landing a nearly perfect hit.

Show
    K2's Turn
    Move: Walk two spaces south, then get knocked prone by Brina's aura.
    Standard: Stand up.

S3's Turn
    Move: Walk a space southeast.
    Minor: Shift a space southeast.
    Standard: Stab at Melhved with a spear.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[15] (base) vs AC. Miss.
    Hit: 5 damage.

S2's Turn
    Move: Walk two spaces east, to the edge of the aura.
    Standard: Hurl a javelin at Melhved.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[12] (base) vs AC. Miss.

S5's Turn
    Move: Walk one space northeast, then one space north.
    Standard: Stab at Johuan with a spear.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[7] (base) vs AC. Miss.

S4's Turn
    Move: Walk on space southwest.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[11] (+5 base, +2 CA via flanking) vs AC.
    Minor: Shift one space

S1's Turn
    Move: Walk four spaces west.
    Standard: Hurl a javelin at Melhved.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[23] (base) vs AC. Hit.

K1's Turn
    Move: Walk two spaces southwest, then two spaces west.
    Standard: Charge Melhved with a spear
    Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[29] (+6 base, +1 charging, +2 CA via flanking, +1 mob attack) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit: (1d8)[8] + (1d6)[6] (total of 14) damage.

Everybody will take their turns, then the kobolds will take another turn.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-12-09 at 11:10 PM.
    Link to true signature

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Gagan dashes under the rushing water and unleashes a roar that makes the waterfall sound meek for a moment. "RREAAAGHHHH!" He attempts to spear Johuan's two attackers with a fork of fire, leaving the elf unharmed in between.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Move action: walk south and east, ending southwest of S3.

Minor action: dragonfear targeting four kobolds. A hit imposes CA and -2 attack EONT (Gagan 2).
    (d20+7)[11] vs K1's Will of 13
    (d20+7)[14] vs S3's Will of 11 -- HIT
    (d20+7)[9] vs S4's Will of 11
    (d20+7)[27] vs S5's Will of 11 -- HIT

Standard action plus free action: elemental escalation and elemental bolt to roast S4 and S5.
    (d20+6)[13] (possibly plus CA) vs S4's Reflex for (d12)[2] + (d10)[5] + (d6+8)[12] damage -- HIT and superminion kill
    (d20+6)[24] (possibly plus CA) vs S5's Reflex for (d12)[9] + (d10)[3] + (d6+8)[9] damage -- HIT and superminion kill
    If I deal a total of 11 to 15 damage to one of them, I'll finish it off with hellfire heart (no action), prioritizing S5.

As part of elemental escalation, I shift 3 spaces to get farther inside -- that's how I avoid OAs to get where I am now.

The red-armored kobold appears too far gone in battle-glee to care, but Gagan's maneuver slays two of its companions and half-stuns a third.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-12-09 at 04:30 PM.

Current games list

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

As others charged throught the metaphorical front door, Sarathi slipped through the side entrance. Skirting a kobald guards reach, she closed when she was in a good position to pin him against a wall.

Crushing surge: (d20+6)[10] vs AC, (d8+3)[5] damage and 8 temp HP.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Brina, Elven Druid
    Wild Shaped? no -> yes, Conditions -

Everyone is charging back, and while Brina feels a little jittery about facing down a lot of 'bolds, there are more friends there now, right? It will be fine, right? Surely so! And with renewed (shaky) resolve, she applies a cunning bit of tactics... by entering the waterfall to the right instead of the left-to-center again. They'll never see it coming!

Only for her to grind to a halt right as she passes the waterfall, basically right in front of the brawl Melhved is having with two 'bolds. Gulping and having trouble with aiming what she can do, she just... aims the root at the distant meaner kobold again (he surely deserves it!) to continue its huggings, quite successfully so.

Meanwhile, Brina shifts into canine form, giving a grrr and a bark, clearly trying to be menacing. As menacing as a soaking wet dog can be (but secretly, it is more so that she can quickly get away if 'bolds come after her).

Show
    Move to the southern-most waterfall square, assuming Brina can see into the cave from there, but not outside anymore (solely based on the visuals of the map, with the main part of the waterfall seemingly coming down behind her; if she can't see from there, she blunders one square to the right. Does not provoke OAs with the following due to her Staff Expertise)

Standard Grasping Tide (area burst 1) on K2 (aimed on the square to the upper-left of it)
    (1d20+5)[17] vs. K2's Fort
    Hit: (1d6+4)[6] damage, and until the end of Brina's next turn, if K2 leaves the area of the attack, Brina uses an OA to do this secondary attack:
    (1d20+5)[17] vs. K2's Ref
    Hit: Knocked prone

Minor Wild Shape into beast form

It is not much, but hopefully she can at least waste K2's turn and maybe set-up some punishing done by Melhved.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-12-11 at 06:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Johuan turns, spying his next potential victim. He points the edge of his blade in the kobolds direction, clear with intent.

Spoiler: actions and rolls
    Show
    Minor: Marking K2.

Move: Moving adjacent to K2.

Standard: I'mma bop him with Bond of Pursuit.
    (1d20+8)[21] vs AC, hits for (1d12+4)[8]. On a hit, should the target move away next turn, I shift up to 4 closer.
    Backup roll from Oath (1d20+8)[18]

19. - Top - End - #319

DwarfClericGuy

Drang moves into the cave and attacks S1. "Evil doers!"
    Minor action: healing surge for Melhved+d6+3

Spoiler: Dice
    Show
    attack (1d20+4)[12]
    damage (1d10+4)[9]

Healing die
    (1d6+3)[8]

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Melhved Brombriar

"Aarrgghhh!"cries the goliath as she once again becomes the party's pin cushion, but a soothing wave from Drang allays her pain. Stepping carefully forward, she swings her sword in a quick circle around her before thumping the hilt on the ground. A ripple of earth spreads out from her, slamming into both nearby kobolds. She turns to face them with a ready posture, the heat of battle evident in her smile.

Show
    Move Action: shift forward 1

Standard Action: Roots of Stone
    Encounter Primal, Weapon, Zone
    Standard Action Close burst 1
    Effect: The burst creates a zone of rippling earth that lasts until the end of your next turn. Make the following attack.
    Target: Each enemy in the burst
    Attack: Strength vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. The target is knocked prone when it leaves the zone.

vs K1 AC - (1d20+8)[23]
    vs S3 AC - (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[9] and target is knocked prone if it leaves the zone until EoNT.

Minor Action: Stone's Endurance - Resist all 5 until EoNT

Free Action: Nature's Wrath - Mark all adjacent enemies
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2020-12-12 at 01:14 PM.

PCs
    DMings

21. - Top - End - #321

(The assumption Ridai made in their post is correct.)

The kobolds continue their mad assault. The one in red hide gets his spear through Melhved's again, but her endurance blunts the attack. Seeing that he has no hope of hitting hard enough to injure Melhved, his flanking partner attempts to throw a javelin at Johuan with no thought of the opportunity to strike back he would give Melhved.

The ones closer to Johuan work together to attack him with cruel efficiency. The one to the north of him rushes to his south and lands a spear thrust. The other takes the opportunity to do the same, then backs just out the reach of a counterattack.

Meanwhile, in the room to the north, the kobold Sarathi's fighting releases a murderous snarl and stabs him with his spear.

Show
    K1's turn
    Move: Shift one space east.
    Minor: Shift one space east.
    Standard: Stab at Melhved with a spear:
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[24] (+6 base, +2 CA via flanking, +1 mob attack). Hit.
    Hit: (1d8)[7] + (1d6)[2] (total of 9 before resistance, 4 after) damage.

S3's turn
    Standard: Throw a javelin at Johuan.
    Spoiler: If the inevitable interrupt by Melhved isn't lethal
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[12] (+5 base, -2 mark violation penalty). Miss.

S2's turn
    Move: Walk two spaces southwest , three spaces south, and one space southeast.
    Minor: Shift one space northeast.
    Standard: Stab at at Johuan with a spear. Hit.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[21] (base)

K2's turn
    Standard: Stab at Johuan with a spear:
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[16] (+6 base, +2 CA via flanking, +1 mob attack). Hit.
    Hit: (1d8)[1] + (1d6)[5] (total of 6) damage.
    Move: Shift one space north.
    Minor: Shift another space north.

S1's turn
    Standard: Stab at at Sarathi with a spear
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[21] (base). Hit.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-12-14 at 03:24 AM.
    Link to true signature

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Brina, Elven Druid
    Wild Shaped? yes -> no, Conditions -

These 'bolds are all annoyingly good at spreading out! Seeing one of them slowly, slooowly trying to retreat, Brina shifts back into elven form and jackhammer-stabs her finger towards that one as if that might make the root attack faster and better, while the off-brand druid herself tries to get around the brawl in front of her (and out of the waterfall). To Brina's credit, the root does crunch the 'bold, so you can't conclusively say that her panicky pointing was entirely pointless!

Show
    Minor Wild Shape back into an elf.

Standard Grasping Tide on K2
    (1d20+5)[12] vs. K2's Fort
    Hit: (1d6+4)[8] damage. Other stuff doesn't matter because K2 will be dead on a hit.

Move up to near Drang, avoiding S3.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-12-14 at 09:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Johuan turns from he felled target, ready to deal with the nuisance at his ankles.

Spoiler: rolls and such
    Show
    Specifically not marking S1 for reasons.

Standard: Overwhelming Strike
    (1d20+8)[14] VS AC, Hit for (1d12+4)[7] and allows me to shift 1 square. I will move closer to K1.

On the presumed hit, I will use my move to shift again, burn my action point, and attempt to clobber K1 with the same attack.

Action Point Standard: Overwhelming Strike
    (1d20+8)[10] VS AC, Hit for (1d12+4)[6] and allows me to shift 1 square, then pulls the target 1 to an adjacent, should they survive.

Should all of this actually work, I will then mark K1 with my minor.

NOPE!
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2020-12-15 at 03:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

DwarfClericGuy

Somewhat repetitively, Drang swings at S1 as a standard and gives Johuan a healing surge as a minor. If it falls, he will move, but if he misses, he will stay and keep missing, umm, fighting.

Spoiler: Attack and (hopefully) damage
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d10+4)[9]

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Gagan growls, "Slippery wretches!" He steps back to make some room, then lays down a massive sheet of flame encompassing the nearest kobold.

Show
    Move action: shift east.

Standard action: ignition centered south of S3. It's inefficient, but it targets their weaker defense. (d20+8)[24] (including CA) vs Fortitude of 11. Any hit finishes off the superminion. The power also makes a zone of damage (4 fire) for creatures that enter it or end their turn in it.

Minor action: hopefully, laugh at the glorious slaughter.

The creature falls, badly seared despite its armor.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-12-17 at 06:36 AM.

Current games list

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarathi hardly notices the spear, and attempts to return the favor.

Shift to flank
    Crushing Surge: (d20+8)[18] with flank vs AC, (d8+3)[6] damage, and 4 temp HP on a miss, 8 temp HP on a hit.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Melhved Brombriar

Melhved does her best to keep the kobold engaged and unable to pester her associates. With a swing filled with Mother's essence, she slashes at the dragonling in red hide, but his shield blocks the blow. The goliath stands ready for another opening.

Show
    Standard Action: Weight of Earth
    At-Will Primal, Weapon
    Standard Melee weapon
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Strength vs AC
    Hit:1[W] + Str mod and target slowed until end of my next turn

vs K1 AC - (1d20+8)[11] for (1d8+4)[12] and slowed until EoMNT

Free Action: Natures Wrath, marks K1
    Spoiler: Interrupt if needed
    Show
    vs Fort - (1d20+8)[25] for (1d8+4)[10] damage. Grants CA

Last edited by WaffleLord; 2020-12-20 at 02:00 AM.

PCs
    DMings

28. - Top - End - #328

The kobolds fighting Melhved and Sarathi both land another hit, but neither is particularly heavy. After the attacks, you hear harsh, bleating horn that leads the one fighting Melhved to fearfully scurry westward. From one of the back rooms, you hear a voice.

"Seems those weaklings couldn't soften you up much. How pitiful."

The voice's owner, a goblin whose face is adorned with a tattoo depicting a skeletal ram's head, makes his presence painfully apparent by charging into the room wielding a battleaxe in each hand. His madly flying axes strike Johuan, letting his flanking partner land a hit between fearful breaths.

"Irontooth will end your lives here!"

A kobold wearing a bone mask with ram horns attached scurries to an area that lets him clearly see the four northmost rooms of the cavern. With an only slightly less vicious expression on their face than Irontooth's, they lob an orb of flame at Melhved. It strikes true.

Two kobolds with shields painted to resemble dragons enter the room from the hallway to the south, visibly shaking with fear as they do. One of them charges Melhved, landing a flanked hit, while the other tries to charge at Gagan, but has to settle for moving next to him for lack of a clear run-up.

Show
    K1's turn
    Move: Shift a space west.
    Minor: Shift another space west.
    Standard: Stab at Melhved with a spear.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[24] vs AC. Hit.
    Hit: (1d8)[4] damage.

S1's turn
    Standard: Stab at Sarathi with a spear.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[21] vs AC. Hit.

Irontooth's turn
    Start at the middle westernmost space of the upper hidden area.
    Move: Walk two spaces south and two spaces southwest.
    Standard: Charge at Johuan with a battleaxe.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+11)[29] (+8 base, +2 CA via flanking, +1 charge) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit: (1d8+4)[6] damage.

S2's turn
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[26] (+5 base, +2 CA via flanking) vs AC. Hit.

W's turn
    Start from the center of the middle hidden zone, three spaces to the east of its western wall.
    Move: Move six spaces north.
    Standard: Lob a burning orb at Melhved.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[24] (base) vs Reflex. Hit.
    Hit: (1d10+3)[6] fire damage.
    Minor: Shift a space northwest.

D1's turn
    Start from the center of the middle hidden zone, adjacent to its western wall.
    Move: Walk three spaces south, a space southwest, a space northwest, and a space north.
    Standard: Charge at Melhved with a shortsword.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+11)[18] (+7 base, +2 CA via flanking, +1 charge, +1 mob attack) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit: (1d6+3)[7] damage, and Melhved is marked until the start of D1's next turn.

D2's turn
    Start from the center of the middle hidden zone, three spaces to the east of its western wall.
    Move: Run three spaces south, then three spaces west.
    Standard: Run a space north, a space northwest, and a space west.

Everyone will take their turn, then Irontooth and the rest of his subordinates will do the same. Events the enemies can react to are listed as the titles of the spoilers below. The results of the reaction should the event occur are listed within the spoiler, please resolve them should they occur on your turn.

Spoiler: Irontooth: Reaction to a missed melee attack
    Show
    If there is a space adjacent to him that two enemies are adjacent to, shift to said space. Otherwise, shift towards the closest enemy other than the one who made the triggering attack.

Spoiler: D1 & D2: Reaction to an enemy shifting away
    Show
    Shift a space towards that enemy.

Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-12-21 at 03:38 AM.
    Link to true signature

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Brina, Elven Druid
    Wild Shaped? yes -> no, Conditions -

Oh. More 'bolds. Brina is feeling increasingly inadequate, just sending the root after everything while trying to not have it become overenthusiastic and hit one of her new friends that are in the middle of this confusion of kobolds.

Show
    I guess it is Grasping Tide time again. Like every round.
    (1d20+5)[25] vs S2's Fort Crit but it doesn't matter
    (1d20+5)[17] vs D2's Fort Hit
    Hit: (1d6+4)[7] damage. Until Brina's EoNT, hit with this if they move out of the attack's area:
    (1d20+5)[10] vs S2's Ref Miss
    (1d20+5)[21] vs D2's Ref Hit
    Hit: Knocked prone
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-12-21 at 06:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Gagan shouts, "YOU! BURN!" Time almost seems to slow a bit as the dragonborn throws two focused spears of fire at Irontooth, casually using his staff to deflect any attempts to interfere with this assault.

Show
    Minor action: tag Irontooth as bravo's prey.

Standard action and action-point action: Fire two elemental bolts at said prey. No OAs thanks to Staff Expertise.
    * (d20+8)[18] vs Reflex of 16, for (d12)[8] + (d6+10)[16] damage
    * (d20+8)[17] vs Reflex of 16, for (d12)[6] + (d6+10)[13] damage
    If either hits, tack on hellfire heart for another 5 damage, penalizing Irontooth's attack rolls against me EONT.

Move action: shift west, triggering D2's responding shift ... which knocks him prone!

As Gagan steps back to admire his handiwork, the dragonshield kobold attempts to follow and finds himself flat on the floor, victim of a root's loving embrace.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-12-21 at 03:42 PM.

Current games list