New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Keep on the Shadowfell IC

Drang is only +8, so I didn't read the DC29 spoiler. But wow this screams trap.

To Melhved, in dwarven, "you speak the tongue? I didn't expect that. This seems really dangerous."

In common, "Without speaking to anyone else? What's that about? The halfling wasn't doing any work anyway, right?" Big smile. Massive diplomacy check.

(1d20+7)[23]

2. - Top - End - #152

Quote Originally Posted by onlie2005 View Post
    "I will try not to disturb your workers but I need to find my friend. Perhaps there are clues around here that might provide answers to his whereabouts.", Regan moves towards the blanket.
    The gnome moves forwards to cut you off well before you reach it. "If you let me show you around I'm sure you'll see those clues in the process. Who are you looking for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post
    Drang is only +8, so I didn't read the DC29 spoiler. But wow this screams trap.

To Melhved, in dwarven, "you speak the tongue? I didn't expect that. This seems really dangerous."

In common, "Without speaking to anyone else? What's that about? The halfling wasn't doing any work anyway, right?" Big smile. Massive diplomacy check.
    "He's actually doing the most important work of all - looking for distractions both inside and outside of the crater, and ensuring they don't get out of hand. If you stick around too long he might have to demonstrate what that looks like." The gnome's words line up with the halfling's actions, as he's started watching you closely.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    The gnome moves forwards to cut you off well before you reach it. "If you let me show you around I'm sure you'll see those clues in the process. Who are you looking for?"

"He's actually doing the most important work of all - looking for distractions both inside and outside of the crater, and ensuring they don't get out of hand. If you stick around too long he might have to demonstrate what that looks like." The gnome's words line up with the halfling's actions, as he's started watching you closely.
    Sarathi silently stepped up beside Regan, then moves to walk around the gnome, wide enough that the gnome cannot block both her and Regan at once. She carried her shield low, in case he got any ideas, and her hand on the hilt of her sheathed weapon.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2020-08-10 at 09:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154

DwarfClericGuy

"He's actually doing the most important work of all - looking for distractions both inside and outside of the crater, and ensuring they don't get out of hand. If you stick around too long he might have to demonstrate what that looks like." [/QUOTE]

"That sounds like a threat. I was asking in the friendliest way. Can we please be civil?"

(Drang moved on the map.)

5. - Top - End - #155

Regan waits for the gnome to respond asking, "What are you hiding behind that blanket?"
    Last edited by onlie2005; 2020-08-12 at 08:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post
    "That sounds like a threat. I was asking in the friendliest way. Can we please be civil?"

(Drang moved on the map.)
    "Unfortunately, I'm under too much time pressure to give you the luxury of civility."

Quote Originally Posted by onlie2005 View Post
    Regan waits for the gnome to respond asking, "What are you hiding behind that blanket?"
    He hastily tucks the amulet he's wearing into his armor, then replies "Something of no concern to you, that will remain hidden for that exact reason." After turning to the rest of the group, he continues "This is my last warning. Accept a guided tour, leave calmly, or be removed by force."

Spoiler: For Regan
    Show
    As he tucked the amulet into his armor, you got a better look at it. Douven brought a health-preserving magical amulet with him on his trip to Winterhaven that looks just like the one around the gnome's neck. Despite this, you've never seen the gnome before.
    Link to true signature

7. - Top - End - #157

DwarfClericGuy

"This is my last warning. Accept a guided tour, leave calmly, or be removed by force."
    Indicating Sarathi, Drang says, "Very well, give my friend here the tour. The rest of us and the rest of you can keep back and not be threatening."

Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+7)[26]

8. - Top - End - #158

"Those are acceptable terms." The gnome turns to Melhved and Regan, and continues "I just need to hear you two say that you're going to follow them."
    Link to true signature

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Melhved Brombriar

Feigning loss of interest, Melhved shrugs and says, "Whatever needs to be done to satisfy my friends. My concerns are elsewhere." As she turns to walk back a piece, he looks hard at Regan, then glances meaningfully at the top of the crater.

Spoiler: OC
    Show
    How high are the cliff dropping into the crater? Are the slidable or climbable?
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleLord View Post
    Spoiler: OC
    Show
    How high are the cliff dropping into the crater? Are the slidable or climbable?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The cliffs are shallow enough that you could slide down them fairly easily, but steep enough that climbing back up would take effort. Specifically, sliding down requires no extra movement, but climbing back up requires a DC 15 Athletics check and halves your speed.
    Link to true signature

11. - Top - End - #161

Regan decides to follow along but continues to watch the blanketed form closely. She then yells not taking her eye off the blanket, "Douven if you are anywhere here please let us know."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarathi starts moving foward, her eyes on the lizard-dog things as she moved to split the difference between them and the crates.

13. - Top - End - #163

As Regan and Sarathi begin to advance, the gnome attempts to interrupt them, saying "Only one person's supposed to be -".

Before he finishes the sentence, you hear an unintelligible voice from beneath the blanket. The humanoid form beneath it seems to have moved to a more upright stance.

This seems to have completely redirected the gnome's train of thought. "Ah, must have let the gag go slack. There's no way a simple tour's gonna placate you now, though." He pulls out a crossbow and fires it as Regan, but misses. Pointing to Sarathi, he continues "Charge him! We can finish packing up later!"

The guard reptiles are the first to follow his command, landing vicious blows that knock Sarathi unconscious. With nothing to support him, he falls to the floor.

Seeing the closest target go down, the workers begin charging the next closest one - Regan. She deftly evades most of their attacks, but one still manages to get through. On the other side of the crater, the halfling pulls out a sling and moves closer to the ensuing commotion. He launches multiple sling bullets to make up for the distance between him and his target. One of them strikes Regan, while the other two miss.

Spoiler: Game Actions
    Show
    A battle has begun! Link to the initative rolls. Since the enemy rolled high, they take their turns first.

G's turn
    Standard: Fire a crossbow shot at Regan.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[11] (base) vs AC. Miss.
    Hit: (1d8+3)[6] damage
    Move: Move two spaces northwest, two spaces west, and two spaces north.

D1's turn
    Move: Shift one space northeast
    Standard: Bite at Sarathi.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[26] (base) vs AC. Critical hit!
    Hit: (1d10+9)[12] 19 damage

D2's turn
    Standard: Charge at Sarathi, attempting to bite him.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[20] (+6 base, +1 charging) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit: (1d10+9)[16] damage

R1's turn
    Move: Move one space south, two spaces southeast, two more spaces south. and one space southeast.
    Standard: Charges at Regan with a club.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[13] (+5 base, +1 charging) vs AC. True result of 12 due to the original roll assuming different circumstances for the attack. Miss.
    Hit: 4 damage

R4's turn
    Move: Move two spaces southeast, then four spaces east.
    Standard: Charges Regan with a club.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[24] (+5 base, +1 charging) vs AC. Hit.

R3's turn
    Move: Move four spaces southeast.
    Standard: Charges Regan with a club.
    Attack roll made on the rolls thread because of re-resolution. (+5 base, +1 charging) Miss.

R2's turn
    Move & Standard: Double move to the space above R3.

H's turn
    Move: Move two spaces north, two spaces east, then one space northeast.
    Standard: Rapidly launches bullets from his sling at Regan.
    First Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[20] (+6 base, -2 long range, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit: (1d6+4)[8] damage
    Second Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[12] (+6 base, -2 long range, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Miss.
    Hit: (1d6+4)[7] damage
    Third Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[13] (+6 base, -2 long range, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Miss.
    Hit: (1d6+4)[5] damage

Everyone will take their turns in whichever order they like, then the enemies will take their turns.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-08-20 at 01:38 PM.
    Link to true signature

14. - Top - End - #164

DwarfClericGuy

Hoping to get the minions off of Regan so she can start shooting, Drang launches the firepot at Humans 1, 3 and 4. (I don't think R2 is on roots, but I can roll the dice in case I'm wrong or there is splash.) He will also give Sarathi a healing surge + d6 +3.

Sarathi gets
    (1d6+10)[12]

R1
    (1d20+1)[21]
    R2 if you say to
    (1d20+1)[21]
    R3
    (1d20+1)[5]
    R4
    (1d20+1)[9]

Drang then drops the sling and draws his axe, angrily. "Clangeddin, I beseech thee to punish them for their wickedness."

15. - Top - End - #165

Drang's sling shot ignites a fire beneath one of the humans, leaving him too burnt to continue fighting. The other two react fast enough to edge away from the fire unharmed.

(R2 was too far off the roots to be affected. After successfully evading, R3 and R4 move to parts of their spaces which aren't engulfed.)
    Link to true signature

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Knocked down by the guard drakes, at Drang's healing word Sarathi staggered back to her feet. Waving her blade at the appraching beasts, she tried to center herself, her blood fury singing in her veins.

Move: stand up
    Standard: Crushing Surge at D2: (d20+6)[19] vs AC, on hit, (d8+5)[8] damage (blood fury +2) and 6 temp HP. On a miss, 3 temp HP

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Melhved Brombriar

Hurrying along the top of the ridge when the violence started, she slides down the slope just in time to see the gnoll topple to the ground. Growling in anger at her slowness, she charges the drake as her companion rises and strikes a blow for himself.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action: Move 5 squares along the ridge and 1 square down the slope

Standard Action: Charge D2
    MBA vs D2 - (1d20+9)[20] for (1d8+4)[8] damage.

Free Action: Mark D2 (Nature's Wrath)

PCs
    DMings

18. - Top - End - #168

Regan jumps immediately backwards and unleashes her arrows at the 3 minions that surrounded her.

Show

Minor Action: Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx
    Move Action: Shift 1 square(see map)
    Standard Action: Rapid Shot centered on R3. R2, R3, and R4 targetted.

Attack on R2: (1d20+8)[19] for (1d10+4)[11] damage.
    Attack on R3: (1d20+8)[20] for (1d10+4)[9] damage.
    Attack on R4: (1d20+8)[20] for (1d10+4)[11] damage.

19. - Top - End - #169

The guard drakes continue their onslaught. The one Melhved struck turns its attention towards her, while the other lashes out in surprise that their target got back up. Both of them leave bite marks on their chosen target despite their armor.

Feeling particularly vigorous, the halfling continues to approach. He begins launching sling bullets at Sarathi, having gotten close enough to have a significantly easier time hitting him than his previous target. The first two miss, but the third lands true enough to make his return to consciousness fleeting.

Seeing this, the gnome gets confident enough to begin bragging. "We'll have this sorted out soon enough, and probably make a profit off the attack, too. Cleanup may take longer, but my employer doesn't care much about deaths on the job." He attempts to punctuate the remark with a shot at Melhved, but the bolt just barely falls short. A little sheepish from the miss, he walks up the shallow, northern edge of the crater to rendezvous with the halfling.

The fire continues to spread along the roots. Fortunately, it's moving slowly, and showing no signs of spreading to the grass.

Show
    D2's Turn
    Standard: Bite at Melhved
    Attack Roll:(1d20+6)[23] (base) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit:(1d10+9)[17] damage.

D1's Turn
    Move: Shift a space northeast.
    Standard: Bite at Sarathi
    Attack Roll:(1d20+8)[25] (+6 base, +2 CA via flanking) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit:(1d10+9)[15] damage.

H's Turn
    Recharge roll found on the rolls thread.
    Move: Walk one space east, two spaces northeast, then two spaces east.
    Standard: Rapidly launches bullets from his sling at Sarathi.
    First Attack Roll:(1d20+4)[15] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Miss.
    Hit:(1d6+4)[5] damage.
    Second Attack Roll:(1d20+4)[6] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Miss.
    Hit:(1d6+4)[10] damage.
    Third Attack Roll:(1d20+4)[22] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Hit.
    Hit:(1d6+4)[9] damage.

G's Turn
    Standard: Fire a crossbow shot at Melhved. (Retargeted from Sarathi.)
    Attack Roll:(1d20+7)[18] (Rolled from base) True value 16 (-2 long range penalty after target change) vs AC. Miss.
    Hit:(1d8+3)[8] damage.
    Move: Walk two spaces northwest, then four spaces north.

The fire spreads to two more of the root spaces.

Everyone will take a turn, then the enemies will take their turns.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-09-03 at 09:48 PM.
    Link to true signature

20. - Top - End - #170

DwarfClericGuy

Drang is furious at such treachery!

Minor: Healing surge plus d6 plus 3 for Sarathi
    Spoiler: Surge
    Show
    (1d6+10)[12]

Move: Advance on D2 as Sarathi rises up

Attack: Healing Strike 2W+4 Radiant and a surge for Melhved
    Spoiler: Attack on D2
    Show
    (1d20+6)[26]
    (2d10+4)[10]

Crit damage is 24, instead of that paltry 10.
    Last edited by Phantom Genius; 2020-08-29 at 04:03 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarathi wasnt herself. As she rose again, a ripping snarl escaped her throat, her eyes almost glowing red, as she turned her blade on the injured beast. The other injured beast, that is, for it was clear that she was litle more than a beast right now herself. Then her eyes tracked up to the slinger and crosbower, full of dark promise.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Move: Stand up
    Standard: Crushing Surge on D2- (d20+8)[25] vs AC, (d8+7)[15] (blood fury, Pack tactics) damage, and 6 temp HP on a hit. 3 temp HP on a miss.

If D2 is still up, Action point: Brash Strike on D2- (d20+10)[26] vs AC, (d8+12)[18] (brash strike Con, Blood fury, Pack tactics, Battlerager Vigor) damage, and D2 has combat advantage against Sarathi.

Otherwise, same action point attack at -2 to hit, -2 to damage on D1

After a drake hits or misses anyone, if Sarathi is still up- Immediate Reaction: Shield Riposte(d20+6)[25] vs AC (+2 if against D2), (d10+5)[12] damage (+2 from pack tactics if against D2)
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2020-08-29 at 08:17 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Melhved Brombriar

Feeling re-energized by Drang's success, Melhved swings wide around the remaining drake. giving a kick to the dead one in passing, to take up a position that might help block shots at the gnoll. With Mother's help, she brings her sword down on the offending drake.

Show
    Move Action: move 5 spaces, swing wide to avoid op attack

Standard Action: Weight of Earth vs D1
    Attack: Strength vs AC
    Hit:1[W] + Str mod and target slowed until end of my next turn

Attack - (1d20+8)[23] for (1d8+4)[11] and target is slowed.

Free Action: mark D1, Nature's Wrath

PCs
    DMings

23. - Top - End - #173

DwarfClericGuy

eek Re: Keep on the Shadowfell IC

Move and Rapid Shot for Regan:

On the gnome
    Spoiler: Attack the Gnome
    Show
    (1d20+6)[11]
    (1d10+4)[5]

Halfling
    Spoiler: and Halfling
    Show
    (1d20+6)[13]
    (1d10+4)[11]

Darn. DM's turn!
    Last edited by Phantom Genius; 2020-09-03 at 07:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Surrounded, the drake lashes out. It has enough combat awareness to know it can't ignore Melhved safely, so it bites her. While attack leaves yet another mark, Sarathi takes advantage of the opening to score another hit.

The gnome and halfling continue to proceed east, positioning themselves so the piles of boxes form a barrier between them and you. They also spread further apart to prevent Regan from firing arrows at both of them simultaneously again. The gnome fires an arrow at Melhved, while the halfling continues to rain sling bullets on Sarathi. Most of the shots strike true, injuring Melhved and leaving Sarathi barely conscious.

As the fire continues to spread along the roots to the south, the easternmost part fades away to reveal a pile of ash.

Show
    D1's Turn:
    Standard: Bite at Melhved.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[24] (base) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d10+3)[6] damage.
    Sarathi's pre-prepared interruption occurs. I've marked the damage of the hit on the battle map already. If this is in error, Rakaydos should undo the damage application

H's turn:
    Recharge roll can be found on the rolls thread. (His recharge rolls are on fire.)
    Move: Walk four spaces east, then one space southeast.
    Standard: Rapidly launches bullets from his sling at Sarathi.
    First Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[23] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5] damage.
    Second Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[7] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Miss.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9] damage.
    Third Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[19] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] damage.

G's turn:
    Move: Walk one space east, one space northeast, another space east, then two spaces southeast.
    Standard: Fires a crossbow bolt at Melhved.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[21] (base) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11] damage.

The fire continues to spread. The root tiles inside the reddish gray square are just a pile of ash that's no longer difficult terrain.

Everyone will take a turn, then the enemies will take their turn. If onlie2003 hasn't taken Regan's turn 24 hours after everyone else has taken their PC's turn, then another player may take Regan's turn. In addition, I've PMed them warning about their non-participation (I wanted to send an email, but the option to do so didn't appear). See this OOC post for updated information.

Potential enemy reactions are noted below to make resolution of the turn easier.
    Spoiler: Enemy Reaction: The first time G takes damage...
    Show
    he becomes invisible.

Spoiler: Enemy Interrupt: The first time H is hit by an attack...
    Show
    the attacker must reroll the attack and take the new result.

Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-09-04 at 07:33 PM.
    Link to true signature

25. - Top - End - #175

DwarfClericGuy

Drang will go next, if that's ok...

Minor, healing surge +3 for Sarathi
    Move, into flanking
    Attack D1 with Healing Strike (surge for Melhved)
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+6)[25]
    (2d10+4)[10]

Free(?) "Hey Mister Halfling, take down the gnome and I will let you live. He dies for his treachery, but you don't have to. The archer fired a warning shot, but she is usually deadly."
    Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+7)[23]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarathi, staying on her feet this time, moved toward the offending ranged attackers. While bloodlust clouded her vision, she managed to bypass the halfling her companion was negotiating with, to leap upon the larger prey.

move: up by the halfling
    Standard: Charge the gnome, provoking a MBA from the halfling, then Crushing Surge + Ferocius Charge [+Iron wolf charge on a hit]
    (d20+7)[12] vs AC, on a hit, (d8+7)[9] (+3 stat, +2 Ferocius charge, +2 Blood Fury)+(d6)[4] from Iron Wolf charge.

Halfling is marked, 3 Temp HP granted

On hit, Iron wolf charge,, burst 2:
    Vs Gnome: (d20+3)[10] vs will, Push 0 squares, target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls

Vs Halfling: (d20+3)[14] vs will, Push 2 squares, target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2020-09-04 at 10:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

The halfling lets the opportunity to punish Sarathi's reckless charge pass by. He's clearly considering Drang's offer.
    Link to true signature

28. - Top - End - #178

DwarfClericGuy

The halfling lets the opportunity to punish Sarathi's reckless charge pass by. He's clearly considering Drang's offer.
    Love this ^^^ so much...

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Melhved Brombriar

Hearing the wise cleric's words, and finding no dragonlings to swing at, Melhved takes a few readying steps and leaps upon the crate to put herself nearly eye to eye with the halfling. She holds her sword at the ready but does not strike. She only smiles.

Show
    Athletics (jump impressively onto crate)- (1d20+10)[20]

Readied Action - Thorn Strike
    At-Will Primal, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee 2
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Strength vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you pull the target 1 square.

If the halfling attacks, Mel will attempt a Thorn Strike if the halfling remains within range
    Spoiler: Rolls within rolls
    Show
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[5] and pull the halfling down the hill

PCs
    DMings

30. - Top - End - #180

DwarfClericGuy

For Regan!

Disruptive Shot at the gnome, hoping for immobilization.
    (1d20+8)[21]
    (1d10+4)[10]

Then move to the east to cut off any escape in that direction.