New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: More Purple Gods?

I mean dead gods would be a cool idea. I do love that sweet lovecraftian horror TM.
    Can imagine a green quiddity Cthulhu, but I really really really very much think that that will have zero chance of happening. Although million to one chances crop up nine times out of ten, uhh, this one seems to be a one in 999,999, so uhh. No chance.
    Last edited by Wizard_Lizard; 2020-07-27 at 03:46 PM.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JSSheridan View Post
    What would happen if a handful of minor gods from the northern and southern pantheons broke away to form a new pantheon?

Would blue + yellow = green?

Or for southern + western = purple?

northern + western = orange?
    While goblinhood and the Dark One would seem on the surface to be purple because of the influence of the regions in which they were tormented, it doesn't pan out because their primary active range is North and South. If they were really drawing quiddity from region, they'd've been green like the Olympians (Eastern Gods) because of TDO's prominence in the North and South.

On a slightly related note, am I the only one who thinks/still thinks the Snarl is stealing souls rather than destroying them, and that the aforementioned planet in the rift belongs to the Eastern Gods and is populated by everyone the Snarl... ate?

I've been getting this vibe since Paladin Blues that the pantheons each represent a player at the game table, and that the disagreement drove East (Green) to wander off and start their own game. The disagreement is still holding them together (as possibly is the tattered threads of their former friendship), giving them glimpses (rifts) at what they're missing out on now that Green is gone.
    I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

You people are using the wrong color model here. Quiddity is obviously based around the Munsell color system, where purple is one of the principal hues, alongside blue, green, yellow and red. Based on this solid knowledge, we may also safely ascertain that since Munsell only distinguishes five principal hues, no further types of quiddity are possible.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

I've been toying with the idea that TDO was raised to godhood by the Snarl. Its a half baked idea at best, but there are a few ways to look at how this can work in the established Stick World canon.

One way is something like the Snarl has been trying to create its own world but hasn't found a way to create life yet, and figured that maybe it has to raise a pantheon first, something about quiddity decoupling or whatever. In this thought experiment TDO is the first member of the Snarl World pantheon, or at least the first to be able to manifest in Stick World, due to some Special Circumstances. This can even help explain how the 4 OG pantheons were originally created, basically it's Snarls all the way down.

Or scrap that last paragraph, there are other ways to see how a Snarl-raised TDO can make some sense.