New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Default How to attack with Move Object

I've been refining a character idea. Her main combat power is Move Object. She wants to grab a bus full of innocent kids that's about 200' away. Ranged attack, and if she has Accurate on the power, that helps. Easy enough.

But once the kids are off, she wants to throw it at the villain. Would her Accurate Move Object (or Ranged Combat: Move Object power skill) apply to this? And what happens if she wants to throw stuff with Perception-range Move Object?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: How to attack with Move Object

Quote Originally Posted by Qaianna View Post
    I've been refining a character idea. Her main combat power is Move Object. She wants to grab a bus full of innocent kids that's about 200' away. Ranged attack, and if she has Accurate on the power, that helps. Easy enough.

But once the kids are off, she wants to throw it at the villain. Would her Accurate Move Object (or Ranged Combat: Move Object power skill) apply to this? And what happens if she wants to throw stuff with Perception-range Move Object?
    Assuming you're talking about Mutants & Masterminds, which seems most likely given the context...

It basically just works like throwing objects with strength, and the Move Object rank is used to determine damage. I think 'Ranged Combat: Move Object' and Accurate would apply to the attack roll, yes.
    Last edited by Scots Dragon; 2020-07-01 at 04:38 PM.
    Spoiler: In case this signature gets lengthy
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    A game setting does need to be designed to be fun and functional to game in.

But there's more to good worldbuilding than piling the "parts to game in" on a big pile.

Farmland isn't there to be adventured in, primarily, but one assumes it's still there and part of the landscape -- just because adventurers don't go there often doesn't mean it doesn't or shouldn't or needn't exist.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Sorry, should have specified the GAME involved, yes. And it is Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition. Thanks.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

For Ranged Move Object, you're dead on-- you'd use the same Ranged Combat (Telekinesis) skill you used to target the initial effect. For Perception... by RAW, I think you'd want to do something similar. I let people with Perception Move Object roll their effect rank as an attack roll when trying to hit people with something they're holding, but I can't think of anything beyond courtesy to support that.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use