New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Monster Mash Group A IC

Things are tense in Pearlglen, so the rumors go. You find yourself at a roadblock and are asked to pay a toll. The guards are humans that you could easily destroy, but you sense they are not bandits, but actual community officials who have been out to this duty due to the recent disturbances.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Monster Mash Group A IC

Zarasiel-Esmerelda steps out of the caravan, in the form of Esmerelda a beautiful half-elf with long red hair and a flowing green robe with artistic representations of trees and plants woven into it saying
    "Hellooo~ A toll? How much then, it must be pretty important. I certainly would not want to hold up such responsible well-meaning people. There must be some kind of trouble that would be wise for me to know about, for such measures to be taken. Surely someone would be kind enough to tell a humble traveler like me."
    She says as she rifles through her bag of holding to get her gold ready to pay.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Diplomacy check to gather information from them about the situation:
    (1d20+26)[27]
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Amalkah stands out of sight, and casts an Alter Self spell as they approach the toll gate. He decides that he will listen to what is said, rather than talking himself. Since he is better at threats and intimidation than at discussion, he leaves the talking to those better suited to it. But he also pulls coins from his belt pouch, assuming that they will not get away without paying at least a token toll, and perhaps even more. He just hopes that they are not to be taken advantage of by those who may otherwise prove to be friends of a sort.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Lucy assessing the situation pulls a few coins from her pouch so as to pay this toll and be done with the inconvenient stop.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

The beautiful elf pokes her head out from the side of the caravan, a tiny brown fey creature, with an almost manically friendly look on its expressive face, is perched upon her shoulder. The tiny fey creature looks to the elf and speaks to her.
    Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    Mistress, shall I?

The elven woman nods approvingly to the fey.

The tiny fey slides down from the Elf's arm like a fire pole, bounding ahead of the group toward the toll gate.
    "The mistress wishes to know by whose authority you have set a blockade upon this road and what the fee is for passage. We have heard tell of a kerfuffle in Pearlglen." <Diplomacy +15>
    Last edited by Ahus; 2020-07-01 at 10:26 PM.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Isha is in a bad mood, with her moaning heard clearly well before she even arrives at the front, "What in the hell is holding me up?! Swear to the gods, it better be bandits and not another ****ing log. We are behind schedule already, we cannot keep doing this!" She arrives in a huff, aggressively closing the distance with the guards, "Is it you? You're not bandits," she frowns, almost looking disappointed before she straightens up, placing her hands on her hips and adopting her 'business pose', "Fine. Toll then? How much? We've got eighty people spread across fifteen wagons, I'll pay for the whole lot if it can just get us moving faster." She looks to Esmerelda and Lucy, "I got this. Go ahead and join the others, make sure no one's unpacked, thinking they're getting a break." Not wasting a moment she turns back to the guards, "Well? Chop chop, I'm a busy woman. I need a number."
    Last edited by Khosan; 2020-07-01 at 10:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tammie sat slumped in a carriage. Just a doll in a pile of stuff, haphazardly arrayed, her white hair and white dress flopping loosely about her body. A variety of weapons were attached to her and her clothing, but they looked like toys in her hands. To all the world, she looked just like a child's toy doll. And that's all she would be until she needed to be something else...

8. - Top - End - #8

Isha's abrupt and somewhat forceful approach to the toll collector, set the little fey creature to a near panic. Sensing this through their empathic connection Neyaphem reaches her soft elven hand out of her carriage, and calls out to her familiar, in Sylvan.
    Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    "It is OK, Bubkin, Isha will handle this inconvenience. You may return to the carriage."

The little fey seems relieved, but tells Isha with a bit of a trembling voice. "Isha, the mistress says that you speak for her now as well." Then it turns and darts back toward Neyaphem's carriage and skitters up her arm before disappearing behind a veil covering the window.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...