New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Buu runs Scales

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Buu runs Scales

The world has never been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world—islands of order and reason exist in a land otherwise overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the dark edges of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Elsir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Red Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since brave adventurers stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness.

But the peace of Elsir Vale—and specifically, the town of Brindol, heart of the former conflict with the Red Hand—has been shattered. The vague shadow of unease the locals have been experiencing lately has crystallized in the form of an attack on the town itself. Now Brindol finds itself once more in need of brave heroes willing to come to the aid of their citizens.

In the days past, the town and their figure Councilman Eoffram Troyas, have sent out posters, bills, and even bounties, seeking any and all individuals ready and able to help the town's cause. The details are laxed, but they promise good fortune, standing, and even some wealth should the culprits at large are brought to justice. The largest details of each state "Dead or Alive," while showing a depiction of goblinoids of various sizes, as well as the town's insignia stamped and sealed at the bottom: a pair of gauntleted hands embraced in shake.

Be you here for justice, adventure, or simply the promise of potential riches, you have made your way to the small city nestled in the Elsir Vale. It offers all the common amenities you would hope to find: plentiful food and beverage, a place to lay your head at night, shops of many different types, and more. But, from a nominal glance, damage has been done in places, some shops are shut down for the time being, and town guard seem to be on readied alert.

Our opening takes place at a bar and inn, the Antler and Thistle. It is spacious, with a hearth crackling in the center of the large room. Doors and windows to the south, a long bar with casks of various drink behind it to the west, stairs in the back leading to various in rooms. It seems to be a regular bar-going day.

Take this time to introduce characters as you see fit, and to allow everyone to get settled before anything else happens. Converse with towns folk or each other, should you feel up to it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Buu runs Scales

A remarkably tall individual in plain robes with a concealing cowl, and carrying a backpack and engraved staff followed Hawthorn. "Why are we here, again? While I do not appear to be on any of these notices, I doubt they would take kindly to my... condition."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

"Your condition, my goliath friend, is that you are a strong adventurer even on a bad day. These people need help, as you and I both have ..." The young woman shakes her head quickly, as if to dispel a memory. "And they're even willing to pay for it. Surely no goliath shakes in his boots at the thought of trouncing a few goblins? I'll negotiate a room. Here, take my pack and I'll be upstairs with you in a moment." She gives the huge figure a gentle push, which mostly has the effect of moving her in the opposite direction.

"Are you the keeper of the inn? My friend and I hope to help with Brindol's troubles--" It never hurts to play the part of the hero, Dearie has found. "But we must be rested and well fed. What will you charge for two beds and some of that delicious-smelling food? A normal-size bed will suffice for my ally." Negotiations begun, Dearie spares a glance to reassure herself that Zar was safely upstairs. Dissembling is all well and good if it works, but if it doesn't ... well, calling a gnoll a friend and lying about his nature are not good ways to brighten one's own reputation.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Valaera Thorindottir, Ranger
    AC: 17 | Fort: 16 | Ref: 12 | Will: 11
    HP's: 37 of 37 | Bloodied: 18 | Surges: 7 of 7 | Surge Value: 9 HP's
    Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Insight: 10
    Conditions: None.

A large Rashemi woman stood up as the strangers entered the common room, she thumped the large oaken table she sat at with a fist, "Strangers! Strangers! Sit before you retire!" The woman who spoke was tall, with flowing blond hair, currently held from her face by a leather band atop her brow, her shoulder's were broad, her arms bare, she wore a leather jerkin atop which would rest heavier armor of chain or scale. Her muscular arms were adorned with a circular pattern of blue hued tattoos, in the wychlaran style of Rashemen.

"Drink from our horns, break bread and spill salt that we may call you friend and stranger no longer!"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

The cowled figure took Hawthorn's bag in a bandaged hand and shouldered it. Turning in Val's direction, the hood bowed quickly in an awkward acknowledgment, before heading to the stairs, robes draping on the ground but with the slap of sandals on each riser.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf had planned on doing her usual passing through, keep an eye open for trouble and an ear for rumors of nasties in the countryside, but there came the posters, the bills, and the bounties as she strolled into town, like a beautiful parchmenty angel sent by the Lady of the Fray Herself, well-endowed with the resounding message that there is indeed much afoot in this place and that Ruvora has found exactly what she has been looking for.

"HoHO!" rings out the joyous rich voice of one Ruvora Sunhammer, grinning from ear to ear with no shortage of dimples, accompanied by the boom of her strong hands clapping and gleefully rubbing together, mane of deep-red braided hair moving in its usual unruly ways. "Oh, that'll be a paddlin' alright!" she says to no one physically present beyond herself, any mention of a reward mostly getting ignored.

But it is always a good, even splendid, idea to keep oneself well-maintained, hence the next station on her Brindol journey led her with sure steps straight to the Antler and Thistle, a right fine looking place to do just that maintenance. "Hello there, good sir! A mug of yer heartiest would brighten my day jus' that much more right now." is how the required lubrication is requested and good hard coin is how it is duly paid for with an added bright smile and thanks, and naturally a nod, smile, and greeting to any barmaid she passes. Priestesses and priests of the temples that brings a great many together far and wide, all of them.

As Ruvora makes her way to a free table, she does spot her sort of person. Tall human lass, shock of blonde hair, and muscles just screaming that she's ready to bash skulls. Thus, her trajectory changes on the way and just so happens to bring her right to that one. "Hello there!" it sounds up to this most promising lady. "My name's Ruvora Sunhammer and if I'm even half-right 'bout you, I'd love to rattle some gobbo brain-boxes with you!" The dwarf is positively beaming, stretching a hand up for a shake as well.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Default at The Antler and Thistle

After paying the innkeeper, Dearie strides over to join the louder women. Sometimes all it takes to not be noticed is to stand next to someone much more noticeable. "My friend won't join us, but never you mind, I'll break an extra share of bread on his behalf." She pours herself a drink from Valaera's pitcher and holds it up in a toast. "Y'r health! Well met, Ruvora, I'm Dearie. What's your name, O provider of ample drinks?"

Current games list

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Valera nodded and smiled as she was joined at the table, clasping the stout woman's arm by the inside of forearm, noting the calloused hand that spoke of weapons hefted and battles fought. She brought her left hand to the back of Ruvora's wrist, "Well met, Ruvora Sunhammer, may it always be at your back and in the eyes of your foes!" A smile as the large Rashemi poured frothing ale into empty tankards set on the table, she set one for Ruvora, another for the human woman Dearie, a third for her companion who chose not to join them, and finally one for herself. "Dearie, I am pleased you chose to join my table, it is an auspicious start!" Again, she thumped the large oaken table, "I am Valaera Thorindottir, born to the Grandfather Tree Lodge in the distant lands of my home," as she spoke, one could note that the sworls of blue on her shoulder and upper arm could be representative of a large tree with broad boughs and deep roots.

Beneath the cask of ale, was a stained and worn parchment, one of the bounties posted far and wide by Eoffram Troyas. "We should not drink until your companion rejoins us, Dearie! For an ill started venture is doomed to ill fates, I intended to speak to this Troyas person to declare my intention to accept his invitation to defend the small folk of the Vale from the raiding forces of goblin-kind." A broad smile, "My two axes would fetch only a modest price, for this Council-man. As with most men born beneath a tiled roof, behind stone walls, places value in the quantity of warriors and knows not how to judge one's quality."

She thumped her tankard on the table, the frothy ale sloshing over the sides staining the poster, "But a band of HEROES!" A sharp inhale, "Gold coin shall spill from our fat purses as we depart, leaving a trail of WEALTH, of GLORY, even a blind fool could follow!" She looked directly at Dearie, "Now fetch your companion, so we may drink and share the bond of an ale-house pledge!"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, wonderful! Hello hello, Dearie!" Ruvora greets back the owner of that positively adorable name as she vigorously shakes Valaera's arm. Soon after, her first tankard is joined by a second one, and another possible ally in the hunt for gobbos is brought up, so things are looking real good just about now.

"Oh, I don't know 'bout jink, but there'll be plenty of gobbo to clobber, and that's exactly what I'm here for!" She answers to Valaera's quest for money and glory, all the while being remarkably well-behaved in that she does not yet touch her two tankards before everyone's at the table.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Aeren Tatallaner

As an observer of the world, Aeren was used to seeing a variety of personalities gather together in the common rooms of many taverns. This night was no different. Quiet workers in the corner just trying to forget the day's work. Travelers getting the dust out of their mouths before falling on a bed of straw. Locals looking to share the news with friends, old and just met. His mind began cataloging what themes would be best to entertain the room before approaching the keeper for permission to play. Mostly current tunes by the look of them. No legends for this crowd, nor exotic flavors. Then, with the breeze of a door, things change. A pair with an air of adventure and mystery move nearly unnoticed through the room. Nearly. A tall woman stands and loudly invites them over. The shorter of the two walks over while the other hulking figure retires upstairs. A dwarf joins them and they begin to speak, none too quietly, about raiding, goblins, warriors, and coin. "Perhaps this is a night of learning new tales instead of singing for others," he thinks. Picking up his glass, his walks over to the table, glancing where the large figure had left up the stairs.

"Greetings! Please forgive my intrusion but such a group could hardly go unnoticed. Adventurers are always an attraction, a center of attention, yes? My name is Aeren Tatallaner, and I am a collector of stories and personalities. You are far and away the most interesting assemblage in the room tonight. Permit me to buy the table the next round and record for the times what glories other must know of you. Perhaps a new one in the making, hmmm?"
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2020-07-04 at 11:31 PM.
    No longer active in forums.
    Thank you to all who have brought me joy in game and out.
    Praise be to Dakaran for the elf monk avatar! (at rest)

PCs
    Melhved Brombriar, Goliath Warden - Keep of the Shadowfell (retired)
    Aeren Tatallaner, Eladrin Bard - Scales of War (retired)
    DMings

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it'll be iffy if the disguise holds up, but ... we shouldn't try going it alone ... I'll leave it up to him, Dearie decides. "Pleased t' make your acquaintance, Aeren. I'll go see if Zar will come down and join the festivities! Can't promise anything, he may not be up for it, but I'll try."

She finds the large man near the top of the stairs, waiting for her. "Zar! Why didn't you go to our-- ... uh ... I forgot to mention which one is ours. Gods and angels, and this is without any drink in me!" Dearie grabs her pack and heads to the indicated room. "You probably overheard, there's a loud crowd down there who want to meet you on-the-double. They seem pretty positive, very friendly, and eager to help with Brindol's troubles. Will you join us for one mug? The tall, skinny woman makes it out like it's an important ritual." The human can't see his eyes for certain, but she tries to meet them as she asks.

Current games list

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

An evil mage academy has it's share of pretentious idiots, and Ghost Sound found many uses within it's walls. After dropping the bag in Hawthorn's shared room, he followed her back to the gathering. "Greetings, adventurers." Though not especially loud, the reverb and distortion were clearly a magical put on. "I am afraid I dont get invited to many parties, but if you insist, ZAR THE RITUALIST will share a mug with you, before returning to his studies."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

And that will be the third mug! Strive for the Haelan cause and proper maintenance shall practically cast itself at the faithful!

"Oh, you bet! And if that lovely sword and garb are not just fashionable, you can be in it," Ruvora responds up to the pretty, pretty boy in search of tales, all while the dwarven lass scoots to the side and invitingly taps the bench seat beside her. "Nothing creates memories than being right in the thick of it."

And just then, a gigantic looming shadow falls over Ruvora, and as she turns around to see what that shadow is cast by, she sees a lot of cloth, so she cranes her neck up to where human-and-adjacent-folk normally end, only to find some more cloth, so inclines her head even further until she spots a hood from which word noises emerge. "Yup, sure do, you're invited to this one. I got the most wonderful ritual for you," Ruvora says with the widest grin, while tapping the bench on the other side of her, finding the magic-modulated voice both amazing and adorable. From the other side of the table, Valaera and Dearie are treated to the image of a beaming dwarf flanked by an eladrin and an even bigger figure. "It involves knocking tankards over the forming of a shiny new party before we head out and find ourselves a right dastardly menace to clobber!" And at that, the dwarf lifts tankard #1, ready to do just that.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Aeren Tatallaner

"Well, loosening the tongues of this group may not take much effort at all," he thinks as he seats himself next to the very friendly dwarf. He prepares to begin a stream of flattery, but the dwarf turns her attention elsewhere. Aeren follows her gaze to the large fellow who has joined them from upstairs, caught off-guard by how his voice resonates. "Now THAT has a story behind it!" Glancing around at the table at the nimble and muscular humans, "this gathering is a melange that must be tasted."

Turning to the tall human female, "I am VERY interested in hearing the remainder of your pledge. What value could we bring to someone as accomplished as yourself? How can we be of service?"
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2020-07-05 at 05:42 PM.

PCs
    DMings

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Dearie is pleased enough to have the attention off herself for now. Though I ought to leave before they ask too much about who I am and what I do ... A lot of people don't like the explanation ... Ah, th' hell with it, free drinks are free drinks, maybe with the ladies shouting I won't be heard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    "Oh, you bet! And if that lovely sword and garb are not just fashionable, you can be in it," Ruvora responds up to the pretty, pretty boy in search of tales, all while the dwarven lass scoots to the side and invitingly taps the bench seat beside her. "Nothing creates memories than being right in the thick of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by WaffleLord View Post
    Turning to the tall human female, Aeren says "I am VERY interested in hearing the remainder of your pledge. What value could we bring to someone as accomplished as yourself? How can we be of service?"
    Noting the interplay, Dearie takes a second look at Aeren Tatallaner. Healthy build, unfathomable eladrin eyes, a voice so delectable you could eat it with a spoon. Should I be annoyed that he's volunteering "us" or happy to be a part of his group? she thinks, trying to keep her mind from reaching her face. Still saying nothing, she raises her tankard and concentrates on Valaera's reply.

Current games list

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

She smiled at the gathered companions, exuberance in her eyes, "We companions, gather round the table and raise our tankards, for in the coming days we will standing shoulder to shoulder, our steel strike as lightning, and we will rain upon our foes both blood and thunder!" She lifted her tankard and prepared to drink, "Before we drink we are strangers, who fate and providence caused meet in this fine drinking hall! But they who drink with me this day! THEY! Are brother and sister, bound by blood and purpose!" She thumped the table, and downed her all, "May the circle ne'er be broken!"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Zar heald the mug before his "face", head tilted like a confused dog. "A curios ritual. By consuming this beverage, then, we enter a compact wherein you are bound to assist me, so long as I assist you? What if you were to change your mind?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Valaera pauses, curiously, as if the thought had never occurred to her. "Change ... my ... mind?" A laugh, as she roughly clapped the tall ritualist's shoulder, "A toast is a pact before the gods! Ale, a humble union of barley & grain, crafted by men, for men, seals the pledge. We, heroes, who shall comport ourselves as such, are thus bound to one another, through ale, salt & bread, freely offered and freely taken. And as all who know of such things are aware, an oath once sworn is inviolate, even unto death!"

Again she thumped the table, "HEROES UNTO DEATH!"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

The voice that responded was very different. "Very well, then, I accept." The mug entered the cowl, and shortly came back empty. "Let me know when we depart. I have preparations to make." Turning back to the stairs, he returned to the room.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The day fades to evening, and even later still. The hearth grows low and into smoldering embers, leaving the room with a low warm glow. Many goers have made their way out the door to their own homes, while some travelers have retired up stairs. Still, some remain. A drunk or two, too foolish to leave the mug alone.

Outside it is dark, but it isn't quiet. Far more than the soft flicker of street lamps. Soldiers patrolling the streets march by as the night watch shifts in.

It is exactly what was waited for.

Out of seemingly nowhere, goblins and goblinoids by the dozen start flooding the streets. From rooftops, from sewer grates, from every possible corner, they arrive.

Before there is chance to rouse a reactionary force, they beginning bursting into building after building, terrorizing and destroying as they see fit. The Antler and Thistle isn't exempt from this.

Storming through the doors and smashing out the windows, 3 exceptionally tall gobs of a redish brown tint, and two shorter with the classic pale green skin. They hold a variety of clubs, blades, and large torches; much larger than any should need to grant light. No, these were meant purely for destruction and arson.

OOC: Time to roll initiative.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Dearie races down the stairs in her nightclothes. "What the abyss is-- ZAR!! Hobgoblins!"

Wasting no more breath, she rushes directly toward the clump of marauders, making a dramatic swinging gesture with a crooked wooden rod in her right hand. A ray lances out of the stick at the head of one of the hobgoblins. It lets out a brief gargling scream as it crumples to the floor, visibly bleeding from both eyes.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Move action: exit the stairs, go to indicated square.
    Standard action: eyebite Hob1. (d20+4)[13] vs Will, hit deals (d6+2)[7] and makes me invisible to Hob1 until the start of my next turn. No special crit effect other than max damage.

EDIT: I mistyped my damage roll, should've been 1 more, but it looks like it doesn't matter -- must've been a minion.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2020-07-06 at 05:34 PM.

Current games list

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Ruvora Sunhammer
    HP 31/31, Surges 12/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
    Defenses AC 18, F 17, R 14, W 13, Second Wind available
    Conditions -

Well, the maintenance is taking a bit longer than expected, seeing as the sun has called it quits in the meantime. But sometimes, one has to take the time needed to treat oneself right. And just about now, Ruvora is feeling just fine with a few little tankards of ale made for a talkative evening (read: made by humans) rather than ale for proper celebrations (read: made by dwarves) inside of her. So as the muffled ruckus seeps into common room, it is answered by another emptied tankard getting hammered onto the table, and as the chaos draws closer, the cheery dwarf stretches her arms and reaches for her shield and hammer with a merry hum. The dynamic goblinoid entrance through shattered door and windows is greeted by Ruvora already on her feet and coming right at them with swift steps, the shield in front having dozens of stories to tell, while the positively huge and vaguely one-handed hammer in the other hand is eager to leave a great first impression. Sadly, it seems there is still too much talkative evening in her rather than proper celebration, and thus the first impression is a rather ethereal one as Ruvora misses the mark both times.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move from K7 to I11

Standard Hack and Hew at Hob2 and Hob3, marking both until the end of Ruvora's next turn.
    (1d20+7)[14] vs Hob2's AC, Hit: (1d8+8)[13] damage
    (1d20+7)[12] vs Hob3's AC, Hit: (1d8+8)[12] damage
    Hits generate 3 THP due to the Invigorating keyword and Battleragor Vigor
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-07-06 at 06:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the front liners takes point and swings with all he has against Ruvora, while the craftier goblin takes off for the bar, set to do as much damage as possible this night. It quickly ignites, covered in a black sticky accelerant.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Hob 3 stands ground, swings at Ru
    (1d20+6)[9] to hit, flat 5 damage.
    Gob 1 moves, tossing his large bitoman torch behind the bar.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Valaera watched as the hobgoblins and their goblin allies burst into the common room, wielding torches and alchemical fire. Ruvora moved quickly to engage the larger foe, one of the smaller goblins rushed forward to set the bar alight, however, if she turned her attention to the fire, the larger foes could cut down her ally and attack her back ... so she screamed "WAKE! WAKE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF BRINDOL!!! WE ARE BESIEGED!"

She grabbed her paired battle axes, and turned towards the hobgoblins, "Alright you whoresons, which one of you first wants to see your ropey entrails sluice onto this floor?!?" She surged forward to her comrades side, she was smiling, and fired a quick downward blow at her chosen target, followed by a lateral slash across his mid-section.

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show
    OOC: Minor Action, Hunter's Quarry Hob #2, Move action to move to Ruvora's side. Standard Action to attack with Twin Strike, +7 Attack vs AC, 2 Attacks; (1d20+8)[27], for (1d9+1)[5] damage; 2nd Attack, (1d20+8)[15] for (1d9+1)[7] damage. If either connect, Quarry damage will add an additional (1d6)[3] damage.

If either Hobgoblin attacks Ruvora I will trigger Guardian's counter, swapping places with Ruvora, and becoming the target of the attack. After the Hobgoblin's attack is resolved against me, rather than Ruvora, I will make a Melee Basic against #2 +8 attack vs AC, (1d20+8)[19], for (1d9+6)[9] damage as an immediate interrupt.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-07-07 at 06:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Already seeing their wall of muscle falling, the second of the goblins moves to try and help the front line.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Gob 2 moves up to Val, swinging his sword
    (1d20+5)[14] to hit, (1d6+2)[5] damage.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

The mysterious robed individual dashes down the stairs With one motion a pillar of lightning sprung from a table, followed by a gust of wind that tried to push the goblins into bugzapper range.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move down stairs
    Action: Storm pillar (no roll)
    Action point: Howling wall, 6 squares connecting the two goblins, (d20+4)[7] vs Fort, for the one on the left (d20+4)[15]vs fort for the one on the right. On a hit, slide them together through the Storm pillar AOE. hit targets are slowed.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Aeren Tatallaner

Shaking his head from the thoughts of stories told, "Who would have thought she had that much....eh?!" he finally awakes to the sounds of battle. Rising with wand in hand, he shouts to others in the tavern, "See to the fire! We will handle the attack!" Moving to place the fire between his opponent and him, He raises his wand and, chanting in elven, calls "Cín naneth's bereth na- a nadhor with baw law!" (Your mother's spouse is a rat with no ears.) A sizzling wave emanates from the wand towards the goblin in Zar's storm. The goblins recoils as if slapped with the flat of a blade, disorienting it somewhat. The eladrin draws his sword and prepares for more.

Spoiler: OC
    Show
    Move action: to I8
    Standard Action: Vicious Mockery vs Gob 2: (1d20+5)[20] vs Will for (1d6+4)[6] psychic damage and is -2 to attack until EoMNT.
    Minor Action: draw sword
    Last edited by WaffleLord; 2020-07-07 at 02:44 PM.

PCs
    DMings

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Ruvora Sunhammer
    HP 31/31 (3 THP), Surges 12/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
    Defenses AC 18, F 17, R 14, W 13, Second Wind available
    Conditions -

Combat is in full swing and chaos quickly erupts in the common room, with Zar creating some fancy zappy-cloud and a big whoosh, Aeren magicking a gob right good, and Valaera swooping in like the beautiful cursing angel she is and cutting a hob to ribbons. Just when she wants to comment upon the occasion to her human friend, what actually comes out is "Oy!", shouted at the thing that went about setting the bar on fire, the dwarf looking very much not amused.

"Listen here ya snot-brained, wart-faced, sewer-assed excuse fer a hamster!" continues the shouting while stomping right over there, the hob in front of her completely ignored. In fact, when Valaera pulls her out of the way of the also ignored attack, Ruvora does a quick backhanded swing fueled by annoyance at the creature taking a stab at her foul-mouthed friend more than anything else. "I'm gonna shear off that thin film of slime ya call skin from yer wrinkly husk," the litany continues, also ignoring the goblin in between, though still aligning her shield to intercept an incoming attack (though even if she is hit, she just keeps going). "and make a pikin' hat outta it!"

And thus she slams down full force onto the unfortunate creature with her hammer, with absolutely no heed for defense, and should that not kill the creature, well, Ruvora will just swing again, damn it!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move from I11 to D12, drawing OAs from Hob3 and Gob2
    When Valaera uses her Guardian power to switch places with Ru as she passes through H12 and becomes the target of the OA, that triggers Combat Challenge, which Ruvora uses as an immediate interrupt to MBA Hob3, also refreshing the mark
    (1d20+7)[15] vs Hob3's AC
    Hit: (1d8+10)[12] damage (+2 damage due to currently having THP)
    If Hob3 survives, Hob3 attacks Valaera with a -2 penalty due to the mark, then Valaera's attack granted by the Guardian power is made.

(Assuming Ruvora arrives in her target square)
    Standard Brash Strike vs Gob1
    (1d20+9)[23] vs Gob1's AC
    Hit: (1d8+11)[14] damage (+2 if Ruvora still has THP), gain 3 THP
    Effect: Ruvora grants CA to Gob1 until the start of her next turn.

(If Brash Strike misses, but Ruvora has hit with the Combat Challenge this turn, or Brash Strike hits but does not kill)
    Minor Sohei Flurry vs Gob1
    (1d20+7)[25] vs Gob1's AC
    Hit: (1d8+4)[8] damage (+2 if Ruvora still has THP), gain 3 THP
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-07-07 at 07:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Howling winds and even louder warriors seem to have the wretches well in hand, so Dearie hops over the bar's counter to prevent the fire from spreading. She's not bothered by the flame despite her lack of protective clothing.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Just a move action to get to the fire and a standard to put it out. Not a fascinating turn, but probably a useful one. And I got to be impressive last round anyway

Current games list

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

While the fight continues, more goblinoids rush in. One of them shrieks "why not more fire in here?" while a pair of hobs smash in through the windows, one immediately bewildered by the table. They all charge in, swords at the ready!

Spoiler: stuff
    Show
    So they all rolled 22+ on init, and are now attacking.
    Hob4 @ Ru (1d20+6)[15] vs AC, 5 damage.
    Gob3 @ Val (1d20+5)[9] vs AC, (1d6+2)[4] damage.
    Hob6 @ Aer (1d20+6)[20] vs AC, 5 damage.

Hob5 forms phalynx with Hob3 (totally in their stat block at level 1), +2 AC on both. To resolve in tracker, just -2 from your attack vs AC.

Gob 1 and 3 are still carrying torches.