New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31

Default Re: Good Feats for Clerics other than Divinve Metamagic?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    If you're a warrior cleric, Power Attack is pretty valuable (although useless at level 1).

Divine Spell Power is an oft-overlooked way for a high-Charisma cleric to increase caster level.

Metamagic feats can be good too; I reccomend Smiting Spell at level 3, since the only other good one usable at this level is Extend Spell, and it'd be fairly useless at this level.
    Can you even take power attack at level one?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Good Feats for Clerics other than Divinve Metamagic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tor the Fallen View Post
    Can you even take power attack at level one?
    Yep, just need Strength greater than or equal to 13. It's just useless until you have BAB, and not that spectacular until you have a lot of it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Low-level Cleric Advice Thread

Complete Champion has the Sanctified One, one of the types is Kord
    It has a coupleof cool things, most are 1/day things but can be taken multiple times but one of them isnt and the capstone is a choice of 3 24hr buffs
    Last edited by Leon; 2007-10-31 at 10:43 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Because clerics are already so good, I think that they've been careful not to offer too many great prestige classes for them. Radiant Servant (CDiv) is out. Stormlord (also CDiv) could potentially be reshaped from Talos to Kord.

Sacred Exorcist has fairly easy requirements, is accessible after level 7, and while the powers aren't overwhelming, you're losing pretty much nothing in the trade.

Most others, you're either giving up combat ability or spellcasting, which is gonna be the fabulous one-two of your character.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Because clerics are already so good, I think that they've been careful not to offer too many great prestige classes for them. Radiant Servant (CDiv) is out. Stormlord (also CDiv) could potentially be reshaped from Talos to Kord.

Sacred Exorcist has fairly easy requirements, is accessible after level 7, and while the powers aren't overwhelming, you're losing pretty much nothing in the trade.

Most others, you're either giving up combat ability or spellcasting, which is gonna be the fabulous one-two of your character.
    Yeah, I'm not really too into the flavor of Sacred Exorcist. Is Stormlord that PRC where you don't lose any caster levels? I think that was one of those fun ones. I will look into this ordained champion(?) and sanctified one. Any other good ones? Any more feats?
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

I recommend ordained champion from complete champion and I'm fairly certain Kord would endorse it as well. In 5 levels you only gain 3 casting levels but have full BAB, good will and fort saves, you can channel spells through your weapon, smite just about anyone and get some other nifty beating oriented abilities. You can also swap out domain powers for fighter feats if they aren't doing as much as you'd like.

Good times

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow...I need to buy complete Champion, apparently.

Also, BoED has a few good things, I know a lot of people hate it (and I think most of the spells in it are crap), but some of the exalted feats are pretty neat. A lot of them are more flavor-oriented, though.
    My friend and I have a blog, we write D&D stuff there: http://forgotmydice.com/

Comedian avatar by The_Stoney_One

A Guide to Commonly Misunderstood 5th Edition Rules

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

skywalker, what have you decided on so far? I know what you had initially, and made some suggestions, but I could offer more if you pick a direction you'd like to go in. If you want to go more martially, Ordained Champion with the feat Divine Might seems like a good direction. Even if you do go that way, consider Divine Spell Power. Its good for increasing your caster level for buffs, which is a good part of what clerics do. To use it reliably, you'd have to invest a little in +cha items, which synergizes well with Divine Might. The caster level bump could make the difference between CL7 Greater Magic Weapon (+1) and CL8 Greater Magic Weapon (+2) or any similar such buff.

Good luck and good gaming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lussmanj View Post
    skywalker, what have you decided on so far? I know what you had initially, and made some suggestions, but I could offer more if you pick a direction you'd like to go in. If you want to go more martially, Ordained Champion with the feat Divine Might seems like a good direction. Even if you do go that way, consider Divine Spell Power. Its good for increasing your caster level for buffs, which is a good part of what clerics do. To use it reliably, you'd have to invest a little in +cha items, which synergizes well with Divine Might. The caster level bump could make the difference between CL7 Greater Magic Weapon (+1) and CL8 Greater Magic Weapon (+2) or any similar such buff.

Good luck and good gaming!
    Well, the cleric is more martially oriented, so that's the direction I'm leaning, but I also want to take this opportunity to explore spellcasting as much as possible(since I don't get the opportunity often). I'm thinking about divine might, domain spontaneity, touch of healing sounds good although I've never seen the feat, we have a lot of encounters and people get hit alot, so that'll probably be this level's feat.

I'm trying not to lose caster levels and I've always heard that going straight cleric can be just as good a choice as PRC'ing. My next feat would probably be divine spell power, and then divine might at 9, I have to see Ordained Champion before I go crashing headlong into it, so I suppose that's that.

I was just thinking maybe somebody out there who hadn't spoken yet had some good advice.
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Skywalker, funnily enough I'm ALSO playing a NG cleric of Kord with the Strength and Luck domains. Great minds think alike, eh?

For prestige class, I love the concept of the Warpriest (C Divine). It's essentially an uber-army chaplain, who can still kick tail in combat. Something like the Space Marine Chaplains from Warhammer 40K if you know what I'm talking about. They're only half-casters, so power shouldn't be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing