New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Question regarding multi elemental abilities. If I use Edges HA against a lightning weak enemy, do I still get a boost to the ability it I have gear that gives something like “minor boost to fire” ?
    The game will choose whatever element will do the most damage. So even if the enemy is weak against one element, if you have more boosts to another element it will choose that one over the weak element. So if Edge with 2 +Water gear (40% Water boost) attacks an lightning weak enemy (20% boost) the game will make it a Water based attack.

And a yolo 5 mithril single pull on Fest banner 1 got me Rosa Sync! ...which is the only thing I have for her.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-09-27 at 12:32 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Free draw fest ticket: Edea Ice Magic chain. I've had Rinoa's Ice/Witch Sync for a while (although not yet actually used it, I think because I was short of resources to actually make Witch abilities for her), so this goes a long way to starting a pretty solid team.

Fest Banner 1, 1/11: Eiko's healer awakening. Hmm. Well, that's not what I *wanted*, but this does open up my first team that can potentially run fully in-realm with decent tools for every slot - Beatrix and Zidane on primary DPS with solid Wakes, Steiner has realm Chain, Quina entrustbot and can Haste/Boost/Shell/Protect with Soulbreaks, Eiko on heals. It's also literally the only thing I have for Eiko, but lensing one of her USBs to pair with it/use as a backup is a possibility.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Huh, you can auto d180 Dreams for easy magia. Perfect timing since my phone doesn't want to cooperate with Fabul Castle anymore for some reason.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

And Banner 2 is up! Beware of USBs!

Only one relic for me, but it's a disco ball, and it's new - Minwu's Awakening. It's pretty clear that the devs want Minwu to be the offensive WHM for the realm, leaving Hilda as the dedicated healbot, but this thing does have Awoken WHT, which includes W-Casting heals. So it's not a bad deal, really, to put on Minwu as healer, it's just not the best use of his abilities.

I guess I should put him in my Holy MAG team? Eh, I'll get around to building that one eventually. It'll be Rem, Minwu, and... honestly, it's the lowest priority right now.

Still, at least it wasn't a USB.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And Banner 2 is up! Beware of USBs!

Only one relic for me, but it's a disco ball, and it's new - Minwu's Awakening. It's pretty clear that the devs want Minwu to be the offensive WHM for the realm, leaving Hilda as the dedicated healbot, but this thing does have Awoken WHT, which includes W-Casting heals. So it's not a bad deal, really, to put on Minwu as healer, it's just not the best use of his abilities.

I guess I should put him in my Holy MAG team? Eh, I'll get around to building that one eventually. It'll be Rem, Minwu, and... honestly, it's the lowest priority right now.

Still, at least it wasn't a USB.
    Ooh, nice.

At least from my point of view. I really like Minwu, in the original game and I lucked into his Sync. Problem is, it's like the only relic I have for him. I'm tempted to pull for the Minwu tech here.

Other than that, been letting my phone run for several hours, d180 Dreams is totally the way to go for easy magia (unless you have a better Fabul Castle macro), got a few characters to their desired 200 yesterday.

EDIT: Looking at my spreadsheet, I have a buncha realms with a buncha Wokes. Have off work today and tomorrow. Goal: do a buncha Gregs. att only did IV, VII, XIII. I think I can do, without much difficulty, 0, II, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XV, T. With mild difficulty, III and XI. Ain't happenin', I and XIV.

EDIT EDIT: Ouch. Just ouch. I did 2 pulls on banner 2 (bringing me down to just over 100 mythril), got Shadow G+, then Shadow G+ and Dr. Mog AASB. And I have like 0 other tech for Shadow. Ouch.

Eh well, I've been really lucky lately.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-09-28 at 11:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Well, a user on reddit uploaded this helpful visual guide to the banners.

There have been a few changes. And based on this more convenient way to review the contents... I might skip Banner 3. Yes, it has the most Syncs on it, and gear that I really need for Tidus. It also has yet another Bartz Awakening (which I need like a hole in the head), Terra's Wind Awakening (which I have), Vivi's Lightning/Ice Awakening (which I have), and the dreaded USB spook. That's a 4/14 chance of getting something I might not want. It's risky, is my point.

Something to think about, in any event.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

7. - Top - End - #307

Well, a user on reddit uploaded this helpful visual guide to the banners.

There have been a few changes. And based on this more convenient way to review the contents... I might skip Banner 3. Yes, it has the most Syncs on it, and gear that I really need for Tidus. It also has yet another Bartz Awakening (which I need like a hole in the head), Terra's Wind Awakening (which I have), Vivi's Lightning/Ice Awakening (which I have), and the dreaded USB spook. That's a 4/14 chance of getting something I might not want. It's risky, is my point.

Something to think about, in any event.
    Thanks!

Yeah... samesies. B4 interests me, I have Nanaki on my Earth team, but only for his CSB, would be nice for him to have some dakka.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Looks like its banner 3 and 5 for me to pull on. I cant justify pulling on 2 since I have a sync for Rydia already and I have Shadow’s sync too.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, it's also worth noting that Banner 5 has nothing actually new on it. The Syncs, the Awakenings, the Glint+s, even Terra's Limit Break - they've all been previously released. But since I have only one dupe on the banner, I'm probably going to pull on that one.

But Banner 3? Feels risky for me.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah I mean it definitely depends on what you have. I have literally nothing on banner 3 and it had 4 syncs on it so its kind of a no brainer for me to pull at least once on it.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Honestly Alph's new USB seems good enough, it's just finding time to cast it among all the other stuff he has to do.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

So, against my better judgment, I decided to pull on Banner 3. And I was right.

Three disco balls. The first, Vivi's Awakening. A dupe. The second, Terra's Awakening. Also a dupe. I knew it was a risk but I took it anyway.

But it was worth it. Because the third was no disco.

I have Tidus' Sync.

It was worth the risk after all.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Beat a Gilgamesh! Easier than I was expecting, actually, although I did start with what's probably my strongest Realm (IX.) I think I can probably do at least V, as well - I have good DPS characters there and my best healer is in-realm, so I can use an off-realm support for buffs/entrusting.

Remember when I mentioned taking a flyer at Odin before? Took my Holy team in. Beatrix pushed him under 60% on the same turn he finished a countdown for Zantetsuken. Instant Rage 3, maximum Savage You Die Now, we died now.

14. - Top - End - #314

So, against my better judgment, I decided to pull on Banner 3. And I was right.

Three disco balls. The first, Vivi's Awakening. A dupe. The second, Terra's Awakening. Also a dupe. I knew it was a risk but I took it anyway.

But it was worth it. Because the third was no disco.

I have Tidus' Sync.

It was worth the risk after all.
    Nice! His sync2 is better than his sync1, apparently.

I also pulled, but it was an accidental 5 mythril. Got junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Beat a Gilgamesh! Easier than I was expecting, actually, although I did start with what's probably my strongest Realm (IX.) I think I can probably do at least V, as well - I have good DPS characters there and my best healer is in-realm, so I can use an off-realm support for buffs/entrusting.

Remember when I mentioned taking a flyer at Odin before? Took my Holy team in. Beatrix pushed him under 60% on the same turn he finished a countdown for Zantetsuken. Instant Rage 3, maximum Savage You Die Now, we died now.
    Grats on the victory!

The first is the hardest. Then you know what to expect.

I didn’t meet my earlier goal, but I’m up to 5 beaten now iirc.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Pulled on 3. Got Tidus limit break glint, Vivi awakening (dupe) and Bartz awakening. Decent but none of the chase ones I was looking for. Banner 5 next for me.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Banner 4 is up, so it's time to pull again! Three disco balls for me, two fancy whips and a fancy sword:
    • The fancy sword was Gladio's Awakening. Nice, but sadly a dupe. At least that means a free hone.
    • The first fancy whip was Krile's Glint+. This is an odd bird, because it has a lot of features on it that seem contradictory. On the one hand, it instantly deals damage and grants Twin Element Mode II (for Fire and Earth), both of which make for a great chain opener. On the other hand, it can break the damage cap, which makes more sense for later in a chain. Either way, it's nice.
    • The second fancy whip was Krile's Limit Break Glint, the first of these I've gotten, which lets me get a better look at it. Like Limit Break Overflows, it uses the Limit Break gauge. Unlike LBOs, it doesn't deal damage. Instead, it grants En-Element - in this case Earth - to the party. Also, apparently it has a special bonus if honed to rank 7 - it temporarily raises all allies' Earth attack level after an SB triggers. So, these things are pretty awesome for the high-level Magicites where not having En-Element on everybody winds up hurting a lot.

I'm pretty happy about this pull. It's just a shame I don't have any other Earth tech for Krile Nope, just checked, apparently I've been sitting on her Earth USB. Interestingly, both the USB and her Glint+ do bonus damage if Galuf is present. Fitting, since he's primarily Earth (with some Fire). I might actually rework my V team into an Earth team now...

17. - Top - End - #317

Well, Banner 4 is up, so it's time to pull again! Three disco balls for me, two fancy whips and a fancy sword:
    • The fancy sword was Gladio's Awakening. Nice, but sadly a dupe. At least that means a free hone.
    • The first fancy whip was Krile's Glint+. This is an odd bird, because it has a lot of features on it that seem contradictory. On the one hand, it instantly deals damage and grants Twin Element Mode II (for Fire and Earth), both of which make for a great chain opener. On the other hand, it can break the damage cap, which makes more sense for later in a chain. Either way, it's nice.
    • The second fancy whip was Krile's Limit Break Glint, the first of these I've gotten, which lets me get a better look at it. Like Limit Break Overflows, it uses the Limit Break gauge. Unlike LBOs, it doesn't deal damage. Instead, it grants En-Element - in this case Earth - to the party. Also, apparently it has a special bonus if honed to rank 7 - it temporarily raises all allies' Earth attack level after an SB triggers. So, these things are pretty awesome for the high-level Magicites where not having En-Element on everybody winds up hurting a lot.

I'm pretty happy about this pull. It's just a shame I don't have any other Earth tech for Krile Nope, just checked, apparently I've been sitting on her Earth USB. Interestingly, both the USB and her Glint+ do bonus damage if Galuf is present. Fitting, since he's primarily Earth (with some Fire). I might actually rework my V team into an Earth team now...
    Grats!

I did 2 pulls. Gladio CSB, Orran G+, Orran sync. Dupe, Noct LBO, Nanaki sync.

EDIT: Man, at this point I really have no reason to not continue around the 6* magicite ring. Have Titan and Ramuh. Have a stacked Lightning team to beat Leviathan, stacked Water team to beat Ifrit, stacked Fire team to beat Shiva (but my Ice tech is relatively weak sauce). Probably get around to it in January, going to have an abundance of time then.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-10-03 at 12:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #318

BardGuy

Finally 100%ed Garland. Divine Dirge is more useful filler than silver bullet but that was apparently what Sarah needed to contribute.

On a similar note King's awakening was the missing piece to stomp the big chicken.

Festival draws started off as lens/hone fodder but finally got some nice Beatrix upgrades.

Banner 1 was very good- Zidane and Edge upgrades.
    2 got a limit glint which is very useful in realm and maybe on team fire.
    3 and 4 have been mixed.

Still need to do a bunch of magicite, Battle square points etc. but today was tiring.

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Finally 100%ed Garland. Divine Dirge is more useful filler than silver bullet but that was apparently what Sarah needed to contribute.

On a similar note King's awakening was the missing piece to stomp the big chicken.

Festival draws started off as lens/hone fodder but finally got some nice Beatrix upgrades.

Banner 1 was very good- Zidane and Edge upgrades.
    2 got a limit glint which is very useful in realm and maybe on team fire.
    3 and 4 have been mixed.

Still need to do a bunch of magicite, Battle square points etc. but today was tiring.
    Grats!

Yeah, this fest has been good for me too, went from 5 to 12 syncs.

Speaking of which... I like the direction this game is going. Super end-game content can be done at your leisure (except apparently a mega hard XIV boss coming up). Very few characters introduced recently. Remember the times the *only* relic you have for a person is a Glint+? Makes them virtually useless? The more more time passes, more pulls (free or otherwise) that occur, start filling in those gaps, get an AASB and a G+ for someone. I'm finally at the point where I have decent teams for phy and mag for every Element, and every realm (except XIV, and Core I guess). Huge shoutout to Historia Crystals, finally making those multi-Element realm teams cohesive.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, folks, Banner 5 is up! Let's end this with a bang, shall we?

Two disco balls for me. The first is Kuja's Dark MAG Chain, which is pretty nice, but for one thing - it's a 99-hit Chain, and I already have Golbez' 150-hitter. Granted, there is a key difference - Golbez' may have a higher ceiling with its 150 hits, but Kuja's boosts Dark damage and MAG and boosts Dark attack level by 2, so it has a higher floor.

I may have to experiment with that a bit.

The second... is not a disco ball. That's Terra's Limit Break Overflow. Neat thing is that it's dual-element - Fire and Wind, obviously. That will actually be useful for my Fire MAG team, which still lacks a reliable source of spike damage, Awakenings notwithstanding. It might also be useful for my Wind MAG team, assuming I ever actually finish retooling one.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Did two pulls on Banner 5:

Terra LBO: dont have anything else for her so not sure how to use this right now. Both my fire and wind mag teams are quite strong so will be hard to fit this in.

Orlandeau’s awakening: this is pretty nice. Will likely replace Pcecil in my holy phys team and Jecht on my dark phys team.

Ignis awakening: dont think I can fit this anywhere. My fire phys is pretty strong now. Useful for the realm I guess.

Sephiroth G+: nice little bonus for him.

All in all good pulls I think.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Did two pulls on Banner 5:

Terra LBO: dont have anything else for her so not sure how to use this right now. Both my fire and wind mag teams are quite strong so will be hard to fit this in.
    If you have literally nothing else for her, probably don't bother. But remember that you have it and maybe toss some Realm/Element tickets towards Fire/Wind/FF6 and go fish for something or look at her Lense shop options and see if there's some things you could pick up that might earn her a spot. Limit Breaks are pretty good for bursting through a phase or punching down a high Rage count, but if that's all you have for the character I doubt it's enough to win them a spot over somebody with a more complete package.

23. - Top - End - #323

BardGuy

Terra's might be the easiest to start with as she has a fairly decent amount of stuff to grab via lenses.

So it's XIV time with the infamous Ifrit battle (the gist is apparently you need to spawn and take out *all* the nails without doing too much to Ifrit himself)

Alisaie looks to be an interesting Red Mage with a useful RM even if you don't plan on doing much else with her.
    Yshtola gets her sorceress revamp, so she can magic pew pew.
    Haurchefaunt finally gets some upgrades and Minfiilia gets the realm chain.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    So it's XIV time with the infamous Ifrit battle (the gist is apparently you need to spawn and take out *all* the nails without doing too much to Ifrit himself)
    People got super salty about that fight. The gist is: Don't take AoEs, don't take W-Casts. There is a slight delay when the last Nail dies and the new set of Nails come in, so if you W-Cast you will likely hit Ifrit. And apparently if you beat all the Nails AND Ifrit at the same time, it counts as not beating the Nails.

Instant-wiping is not fun.

These fights are apparently heavily focused on mechanics. The Ifrit fight has the Nails, the Bismarck fight has a timer, and the Titan fight has Landslide (protip: Defend if you are Targeted, or that character gets auto-ejected) and Gaol (also protip: attack a Gaoled character in ten seconds or they auto-die).

For players accustomed to brute-forcing these things, it's incredibly frustrating. Ironic, because I used to lament the fact that we don't have more gimmick fights like the Nightmares.

25. - Top - End - #325

People got super salty about that fight. The gist is: Don't take AoEs, don't take W-Casts. There is a slight delay when the last Nail dies and the new set of Nails come in, so if you W-Cast you will likely hit Ifrit. And apparently if you beat all the Nails AND Ifrit at the same time, it counts as not beating the Nails.

Instant-wiping is not fun.

These fights are apparently heavily focused on mechanics. The Ifrit fight has the Nails, the Bismarck fight has a timer, and the Titan fight has Landslide (protip: Defend if you are Targeted, or that character gets auto-ejected) and Gaol (also protip: attack a Gaoled character in ten seconds or they auto-die).

For players accustomed to brute-forcing these things, it's incredibly frustrating. Ironic, because I used to lament the fact that we don't have more gimmick fights like the Nightmares.
    Yeah... still haven't done the event battles.

I did, however, hone all 6* and Hero Abilities to r4 (except a few which are debatably *better* at r1, or duplicates). Almost outta crystals. May or may not take a couple to r5. Might switch from Orb Meadows to farming motes.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #326

BardGuy

I found the 260 more annoying as the nails seemed to have just enough HP to barely survive stuff and yet I didn't want to pop the crystal/RW and accidentally the whole battle.

27. - Top - End - #327

BardGuy

Don't know if I have enough patience for the D500 Titan if I don't figure something out tonight, as tomorrow might be a bit of a time squeeze.

28. - Top - End - #328

BardGuy

It has been an interesting past couple of days.

Tickets were duds aside from Yda's arcane and a glint for Rydia. The latter was useful in helping her stomp most of the current event.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, folks. Time to dust off the thread, we've got updates!

First: Overdrive is here. Overdrive is a new microtransaction system that lets you pay for powerups in certain endgame dungeons. For those like me who have no intention of doing so, they also have Overdrive unlocked for free for all intro-level endgame content - 3-star Magicites, and the lowest difficulties of Dreams and Torments. If you haven't done any of those, this could really give you a boost.

Second: Inheritance Stones are here! Inheritance Stones basically let you streamline the Magicite Inheritance process. Instead of farming a particular Magicite over and over, level-breaking it and leveling it up, you can now purchase Inheritance Stones from Kite's Lag Shop. These stones have certain Inheritance abilities baked right in, so you'll be able to pad your Magicite deck much more easily. You can purchase them with Magicite Shards, which now drop as rewards from Magicite dungeons. You'll also receive a batch of Shards for any Magicites you've already mastered.

Third: New missions for Magicite Inheritance! Lots of rewards, including a Ticket. If you've already completed all the objectives, then either upgrade a Magicite, break a Magicite level cap, or do a quick 3-star Magicite dungeon for your daily and Inherit any given Magicite, and you'll automatically clear them all. And get the Ticket. Which is good because...

Fourth: Realm/Element banners refreshed! So if you've been saving Tickets, time to spend.

Welcome back, folks.

30. - Top - End - #330

Coolio.

I spent all 200 of my mythril on these yesterday. So many pulls of nothing but dupes.

EDIT: So far from those ~13 pulls I got 2 new CSBs (Ramza and Gogo) and 1 new AASB (Tyro). Dang.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-11-06 at 12:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ