New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    ^I was busy NYE so I was hoping Banner 3 would help. Which seems determined to give me stuff for everyone except Kain.
    In one pull, I got three copies of Kain's DAASB. So on the one hand, yay, three DAASBs, but on the other, boo, only one.

So, yeah. Mixed bag.

I'm also gonna be honest, I... don't quite know what to make of these DAASBs. Like, with the jump to Syncs, I understood what was going on. Awakenings had a higher floor but a lower ceiling, while Syncs took some build-up and cost more resources but ultimately had higher potential. Different mechanics, different uses, I get it and they're a central part of my endgame teams. But DAASBs just strike me as, "Hey, you want an Awakening? You want a slightly different Awakening for the same character? Here you go, two in one." Like, I don't feel that it's a novel mechanic, it's just your choice of two AASBs. It's not a bad thing, it's just... a bit underwhelming?

Am I wrong on this? Is there an aspect of DAASBs that's just holy crap so amazing you guys?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    In one pull, I got three copies of Kain's DAASB. So on the one hand, yay, three DAASBs, but on the other, boo, only one.

So, yeah. Mixed bag.

I'm also gonna be honest, I... don't quite know what to make of these DAASBs. Like, with the jump to Syncs, I understood what was going on. Awakenings had a higher floor but a lower ceiling, while Syncs took some build-up and cost more resources but ultimately had higher potential. Different mechanics, different uses, I get it and they're a central part of my endgame teams. But DAASBs just strike me as, "Hey, you want an Awakening? You want a slightly different Awakening for the same character? Here you go, two in one." Like, I don't feel that it's a novel mechanic, it's just your choice of two AASBs. It's not a bad thing, it's just... a bit underwhelming?

Am I wrong on this? Is there an aspect of DAASBs that's just holy crap so amazing you guys?
    The pairing-with-Sync-triple-casting is super OP. Will be my key to XIII content… when I can time Tyro OSB correctly.

Anyway, banner 4 brought me new Dyads for Butz and Ysale. Dyads, not bad, no gold nuggets.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    The pairing-with-Sync-triple-casting is super OP. Will be my key to XIII content… when I can time Tyro OSB correctly.

Anyway, banner 4 brought me new Dyads for Butz and Ysale. Dyads, not bad, no gold nuggets.
    I'll be honest, I've gotten more mileage out of Dyads than I thought I would. Activating Dyad during a Chain, then promptly hitting breaking-damage-cap numbers, then triggering a Sync or Awakening? Getting those numbers on the burst itself, before I've even broken out the actual ability damage? It's pretty great.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

4. - Top - End - #514

I'll be honest, I've gotten more mileage out of Dyads than I thought I would. Activating Dyad during a Chain, then promptly hitting breaking-damage-cap numbers, then triggering a Sync or Awakening? Getting those numbers on the burst itself, before I've even broken out the actual ability damage? It's pretty great.
    Strong concur. Very satisfying.

Banner 5 (2 pulls) got me Laguna sync (new), Rydia dyad (new), Orlandeau dyad (new), Noctis dyad (new), Rydia sync (dupe), Laguna sync (dupe). Delightful.

Also, I got Tellah GSB+ and Basch Chain 2.5 from the "daily." Delightful.

Overall this has been the single most favorable fest for me that I can recall. I'll be able to take down a decent bit of new content, namely Valefor with my new Ice tech, and a couple Dreambreakers. Also gotta think carefully about my sync select, gotta complement a somewhat complete character...
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Magic Shiva is very close. Kind of going back and forth on "it's right there, burn some lenses" and "it's close enough, save those for another fight!"

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

The funny thing is that, even with all this ammo, I still haven't taken down one of those high-level magicites. I've gotten Complete on a few, but that's about it. Closest I got is I managed to first-try Master an Odin - think it was Fire Odin.

Same with Dreambreakers. Haven't mastered a single one, although I got close on VII. Part of it is that full-party full-break they do. I know there are a few SBs that counter it, but it's frustrating to me that to clear realm-specific endgame content I need to bring a non-realm character just to get a very specific ability that I need to know when to use twice during the fight.

Honestly, the thrill of getting new gear is nice and all, but given how stymied I am with regard to the endgame, I sometimes wonder why I still play. Feels like I'm just doing it to do it, rather than because I'm actually making progress.

7. - Top - End - #517

The funny thing is that, even with all this ammo, I still haven't taken down one of those high-level magicites. I've gotten Complete on a few, but that's about it. Closest I got is I managed to first-try Master an Odin - think it was Fire Odin.

Same with Dreambreakers. Haven't mastered a single one, although I got close on VII. Part of it is that full-party full-break they do. I know there are a few SBs that counter it, but it's frustrating to me that to clear realm-specific endgame content I need to bring a non-realm character just to get a very specific ability that I need to know when to use twice during the fight.

Honestly, the thrill of getting new gear is nice and all, but given how stymied I am with regard to the endgame, I sometimes wonder why I still play. Feels like I'm just doing it to do it, rather than because I'm actually making progress.
    I feel ya man.

I haven’t cleared much new content recently. With my stuff I certainly could, but am lazy. With this new wait 2 though I’m tempted…
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #518

Hmm I can now auto dark Odin. Nice, don’t have to keep cannibalizing magicites.

Also, realm/elemental refresh 2 Feb. I have like 9 tickets, going to dump them in some of my weaker realms, methinks.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #519

BardGuy

The main thing is the other options aren't really as versatile as Mog, even though in certain fights they might have an argument (or even paired with in the case of Cait Sith and mages)

Got Diablos to 50% trying to finish the missions. Ceodore turned out to be more helpful this time.

With the refresh I hit the remaining discount draws:

IX was a 1/11 dupe dud.
    XII was interesting for Larsa; also got something for Basch but not likely to use it much (holy chain)

10. - Top - End - #520

BardGuy

Magic Shiva is very close. Kind of going back and forth on "it's right there, burn some lenses" and "it's close enough, save those for another fight!"

So I had a plan for team Fire post refresh, but Terra's fire sync decided to show up today and set the plan on fire, melting ice walls in the process. I guess I should start thinking about Valefor now?

11. - Top - End - #521

So I had a plan for team Fire post refresh, but Terra's fire sync decided to show up today and set the plan on fire, melting ice walls in the process. I guess I should start thinking about Valefor now?
    gl!

Valefor is the only 6* I haven’t beaten. Poor ice tech.

What I’ll do with the elemental/realm refresh depends on when the cutoff is. II had the most new CSBs. Don’t feel like chasing a particular relic, that way lies madness. Could maybe go for my weakest realms, but again depends on cutoff.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #522

BardGuy

After using the ticket on X Lulu made the Valefor attempt respectable but back to the drawing board. Actually, she might be more helpful with Ifrit. My physical ice team is also showing its age.

Ravus seems to be a potentially quick zero to hero particularly if you need those elements.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Ravus seems to be a potentially quick zero to hero particularly if you need those elements.
    Yeah, definitely max out his relics in the shop if you have the maps to. They're default set at 5/5/8, so you don't need to farm for them - not that you could.

That said, if you don't get any of his SBs on the banner, he's still basically a zero. Strong unit, hero relics, but no SBs makes for sad.

14. - Top - End - #524

Yeah, definitely max out his relics in the shop if you have the maps to. They're default set at 5/5/8, so you don't need to farm for them - not that you could.

That said, if you don't get any of his SBs on the banner, he's still basically a zero. Strong unit, hero relics, but no SBs makes for sad.
    Speaking of hero relics, man, my resolve to get those just vanished. When they made it so that you can't buy stuff from old seasons, I just stopped caring.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #525

BardGuy

The groupings with realms and Bio have some recurring characters but yeah, still fairly limited. And for me at least, it seems maps are more plentiful now.

probably should have spent more time with the last Omega but Greg so far I got XII out of the way finally.

But mostly my big thing this week was IV DB. Actually kind of wasted Edge on phase change but Rydia was able to burn through the last chunk of HP. Still have the time based rewards too.

16. - Top - End - #526

BardGuy

XV Greg down after some really annoying near misses, and really not much room for help via tickets or such anyway.

VI DB is getting close, but either needs pushing through the anti-fire or hoping I can deck out someone like Shadow.

17. - Top - End - #527

Preliminary free pulls were a bunch of garbage.

Banner 1 pull 1 didn't get me anything particularly useful, but pull 2 got me Ysale DAASB. Now I have her Dyad Awakening, Sync, Dyad Overstrike (whatever they're actually called).

Looking at how this stuff interacts, she's going to be totally awesome.

Problem is, the rest of my magic ice team is pretty weak. No good chains, no other good dps. Ysale alone probably isn't enough to take down, say, Valefor. We'll see how the next couple pulls go, might finally spend some of my lv 4 lenses.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #528

BardGuy

Nearly had FFVIII Greg down but free time kind of evaporated yesterday. Similarly I held off on lens due to the tickets but so far it hasn't really been anything really high on my list.

19. - Top - End - #529

Nearly had FFVIII Greg down but free time kind of evaporated yesterday. Similarly I held off on lens due to the tickets but so far it hasn't really been anything really high on my list.
    Which Gregs ya fighting btw? Weaker or stronger?

Ahh, banner 2, the banner I really wanted to pull on. And sure did. Whopping 6 times. But it was worth it. Earth magic was one of my strongest teams, with a weak link of Maria (had her CSB 3.0, but DPS-wise, only an AASB). Got her Sync2 and Dyad. Very nice.

Also got a bunch of stuff to make other decent characters better (Seph sync and awakening, Snow dual awakening, Rem awakening (already had sync and AASB)). Yes, a lot of pulls, but now I think I'll be willing to take on Argent Odin.

Also also, gotta say, I'm beginning to appreciate the game again. Back in the day, when AASBs first appeared, it felt like you *needed* them to clear content. But now the newest best stuff feel like cherries on top rather than stuff you *need* to clear content.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #530

BardGuy

Which Gregs ya fighting btw? Weaker or stronger?

Ahh, banner 2, the banner I really wanted to pull on. And sure did. Whopping 6 times. But it was worth it. Earth magic was one of my strongest teams, with a weak link of Maria (had her CSB 3.0, but DPS-wise, only an AASB). Got her Sync2 and Dyad. Very nice.

Also got a bunch of stuff to make other decent characters better (Seph sync and awakening, Snow dual awakening, Rem awakening (already had sync and AASB)). Yes, a lot of pulls, but now I think I'll be willing to take on Argent Odin.

Also also, gotta say, I'm beginning to appreciate the game again. Back in the day, when AASBs first appeared, it felt like you *needed* them to clear content. But now the newest best stuff feel like cherries on top rather than stuff you *need* to clear content.

Strong; core is all I need for the weaker version.

I like what I've gotten so far from 1+2 but I'm going to have to scrounge to get the glint/LMR pick.

21. - Top - End - #531

Strong; core is all I need for the weaker version.

I like what I've gotten so far from 1+2 but I'm going to have to scrounge to get the glint/LMR pick.
    Nice. I’m quite behind.

Please, do tell what ya got.

Made a couple honest attempts at Earth weak Odin. Couldn’t quite do it. Don’t know the fight well enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #532

Banner 3 was kind to me. Did 2 pulls (bringing the total up to 20), got Tidus, Vivi DAASB, Vivi, Zack AOSB.

Prob makes X my strongest realm.

Time to clear some content (time permitting).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #533

BardGuy

Nice. I’m quite behind.

Please, do tell what ya got.

Lightning- dual!; new awakening
    Terra- new awakening; haven't yet tried her on team wind because I'm trying to get Fujin's hero gear first, and maybe wait on banner 4
    Tyro- new glint.
    Maria- dual!
    Zack- new glint

4 is intriguing mostly for Bartz and Locke, but Barb would help too, and Quina has an Aegis counter there too
    5 I would hope for Vincent but might be mostly because that's a couple more days to try and get the stamp.

24. - Top - End - #534

Lightning- dual!; new awakening
    Terra- new awakening; haven't yet tried her on team wind because I'm trying to get Fujin's hero gear first, and maybe wait on banner 4
    Tyro- new glint.
    Maria- dual!
    Zack- new glint

4 is intriguing mostly for Bartz and Locke, but Barb would help too, and Quina has an Aegis counter there too
    5 I would hope for Vincent but might be mostly because that's a couple more days to try and get the stamp.
    Nice!

I had enough mythril for a pull on banner 4. Did it, Quina GSB. M'kay...

Scrapped up enough mythril for a second pull. Locke AASB. On the one hand, just an AASB, bummer. On the other hand, it's a dang good AASB.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Beat Phys!Titan the other day, bought Overdrive for it, but, eh. It's there to be used, is how I see it. I'm not sure what my Mage team will be right now, looking at my standard 1 Support 1 Healer shell using Orran and Aria, and filling my blanks with Fujin, Onion, and Terra. But I also need to farm Typhon and Syldra for Atk and Mag Boons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Beat Phys!Titan the other day, bought Overdrive for it, but, eh. It's there to be used, is how I see it. I'm not sure what my Mage team will be right now, looking at my standard 1 Support 1 Healer shell using Orran and Aria, and filling my blanks with Fujin, Onion, and Terra. But I also need to farm Typhon and Syldra for Atk and Mag Boons.
    Grats! Titan was my first 6*. Got all of 'em except Syldra...

I kept using my free realm/elemental tickets on II, hoping to get another 7* chain. Welp, finally did, Leila's. Kinda bummed, but then I got to looking, I have like a complete Leila (7* chain, sync, AASB, both LMR, solid USB), and she can totally replace my Rikku that's been on my water team forever. Can probably do Argent Odin with that team now, might be my single best team.

In other news, tried real hard to beat Ultima Weapon (VII DB). Got it down to like 10% twice, with different teams (first used Orran, then used Tyro). Pretty sure I can do it, went in relatively blind. Going to try with Mog instead (not super stacked but I have his counter FB AASB). Just want to get that Dr. Mog homework done.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #537

BardGuy

Revisiting Shiva was a pain despite having a stronger team. I think the sticking point is not having Locke's newer stuff for this (the infusion+SB gauge glint especially, but his other cap breaks are strong too)

Ice Dragon is really close, but again, a bit more for Locke would probably do it.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2022-05-13 at 10:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538

Revisiting Shiva was a pain despite having a stronger team. I think the sticking point is not having Locke's newer stuff for this (the infusion+SB gauge glint especially, but his other cap breaks are strong too)

Ice Dragon is really close, but again, a bit more for Locke would probably do it.
    I feel ya.

I got a way stronger Vivi, had to restart a couple times, barely beat my old record. Timing with rage was a bit unfortunate.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #539

BardGuy

I said I would be fine with Sazh's sync, so of course after my pulls on XIII all I got was...

...Sazh's sync.

I feel like I'm in decent shape for Bound By Fate aside from maybe Summoner (at least, there seems to be a big dropoff past Rydia and Yuna)

30. - Top - End - #540

I said I would be fine with Sazh's sync, so of course after my pulls on XIII all I got was...

...Sazh's sync.

I feel like I'm in decent shape for Bound By Fate aside from maybe Summoner (at least, there seems to be a big dropoff past Rydia and Yuna)
    I have Sazh's sync too, haven't used it yet, but plan to on the XIII content. Anti-FB yay!

How'd Bound by Fate go for ya? So far I've only completed Summoner, dunno if I'll bother with the others (did the easier 2, pretty sure I could also do at least Dragoon, just haven't gotten around to it).

I did the IX Dr. Mog homework. Only took me 2 tries for the Dreambreaker. I *really* struggled against VII DB, but the IX was quite easy. Dunno what's up there.

I decided to give WOdin another try. Egad he stomped even my best team. I'm sure I have the tech (my Earth team is *stacked*), but I don't know the battle well at all. Should have time over the next week to get it done. Maybe I'll wait until after the upcoming fest. Up to like almost 400 mythril, I'll probably do my usual 2 pulls/banner.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ