New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Welcome to the Eleventh thread of Final Fantasy Record Keeper!

For those of you just joining us, Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a free-to-play freemium game for mobile devices. Like many similar games, the main goal is to collect and power up 16-bit versions of characters from Final Fantasy games 1 through XIV (including sequels such as Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy IV: the After Years or the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII), as well as some spin-offs (World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics) and even collaborations with other Final Fantasy products (Final Fantasy Mobius and Brass de Bravo). You then train up your characters, get equipment for them, acquire abilities, and battle through dungeons that retell the plot of various Final Fantasy games.

If you're only just starting out, it's a game that requires patience but rewards it. Realm Dungeons provide a fixed stream of characters, resources, and challenges, and roughly once per week are supplemented by unique Event Dungeons that highlight a particular game in the franchise. If you've caught up on that, Daily Dungeons provide a rotating smorgasbord of farming opportunities, and the deadly Nightmare Dungeons, Mote Dungeons and Torment Dungeons open periodically for the boldest challengers. And perhaps if you get strong enough, you may one day be able to challenge the mythical Magicite realms. While it'll take some time to catch up to long-time players, the rewards from past events recur frequently, and in some ways you're even coming out ahead thanks to the better gear opportunities available nowadays!

Equipment is based off of a lottery powered by the game's free currency (Mythril) or real money (Gems), though these days it's a fairly generous one. The game is completely playable without paying a cent, with a steady stream of opportunities for free-to-play players and gambling addicts alike. And crucially, no characters are trapped behind a paywall. It's a game that's simple enough to pick up and enjoy, but with tons of ongoing content and challenges to keep you playing and Final Fantasy nostalgia packed into every bit.

Happy hunting!

Spoiler: Playgrounder's Friend Codes
    Show
    danzibr: vP9F
    Greg_S: fr4D
    Maryring: SfTe
    Merlin the Tuna: HdxF
    Morbis Meh: Qxp6
    Oxybe: Hw6d
    Red Fel: ofdd
    Slayn82: uEoY
    SlyGuyMcFly: Sgv2
    spectralphoenix:HwW2
    Starwulf: GUtu
    SuperPanda: 3Lkv
    Hunter Noventa: Bwbo
    T.G. Oskar: Gm7h

FFRK Subreddit
    The Great PDF of Overwhelming Knowledge
    Upcoming Events
    Oxybe's Spreadsheet of Planning
    Skyfire's Record Dive Database
    Enlir's Database

[/QUOTE]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Continued from last thread -

Also I managed to get my FF IV Historia crystals to level 50 and broke its cap and holy crap its cast effect is strong. Seems much better than the magicites I currently have. Am I missing something here? Do all those boon buffs make a much bigger difference (I mean the historia crystal has a bunch too but they are lower values it seems).
    Magicites can have an overall bigger impact in their fields (you can get way more specific-element defense/boost than you do from the Crystal, more Attack, etc) and can be more narrowly tuned to meet the needs of a specific fight - if you need more damage, more survivability, need to be able to Astra-blink a specific triggered status attack but don't have a native Soul Break that can do that, etc, then you can cover that with correct Magicite selection in a way you can't do with the general buffs on the Crystals. They also do not require you to use characters from a specific Realm to get the most benefit, and there is a broader variety of effects you can get from the Magicites when summoning them - all of the Crystals are always going to do the same thing. Magicites are also going to be easier to level, because their curves are tuned to needing to build multiple of them versus a single Realm Crystal (magicite Arcana can also be farmed from beating up magicites, while the Rat Tails for Historia Crystals only really come from one-off rewards on the Cardia dungeons and then the weekly Cardia missions.)

So.. Crystal is good for a focused team where all or most of your characters share the same Realm, or as an easy option if you don't want to bother with figuring out what the best Magicite arrangement for the content is. If the Crystal doesn't pull it off, then you may be able to handle it with a Magicite deck selected to better cover for whatever you need in that particular dungeon, but you're probably going to need to reselect and rearrange your magicites for each one - you won't have an all-situations Magicite deck covering as broad a range of buffs as the Crystals do. (..well, you probably could, just go with a lot of stat-boons, but I think it needs higher grade Magicites than you can farm right now, and would need you to have a lot of them raised so you could inherit them into other ones so they can have the full selection of passives.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh, new thread smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    So do magicite effects stack? Like using two Evrae which both have empower holy 15 abd attack boon 15, are these redundant or is it useful to have two? Or should I be trying to get one of each boon among all the magicites?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    They do stack but additional copies are basically halved. So 20+15 is roughly 28. Crystals and the 6* magicites also have a trick in that they have passives that are combined into each other.
    Yeah. The short version is that there are diminishing returns; the long version is that there is math. First of all, consider that each magicite in your deck has stats - ATK, HP, etc. - that add up to a collective bonus for the deck. Then you move onto the passives, and those stack in... varying ways. Here is a chart put together about a year ago of 5-star passive enhancements. As you can see, stat-based passives - ATK Boon and MAG Boon, for example - sharply drop off in utility after the first, while more subtle bonuses, such as Fast Act, stack reasonably well.

This post builds on that one - scroll down to Magicite Passives to see what's going on. It also goes into some of the trickier numbers, like Surging Power (damage increases proportionate to HP) and Hand of Vengeance (damage increases inversely proportionate to HP).

Also I managed to get my FF IV Historia crystals to level 50 and broke its cap and holy crap its cast effect is strong. Seems much better than the magicites I currently have. Am I missing something here? Do all those boon buffs make a much bigger difference (I mean the historia crystal has a bunch too but they are lower values it seems).
    It is and it isn't. As Darkdragoon notes, Historia Crystals combine multiple passives, to a lesser degree than the more focused Magicites. The first thing you probably notice about using a Crystal is that its entry deals overflow damage. Unless you're accustomed to 5-star Magicites, that's going to seem like a pretty big deal - and, to be fair, on-command overflow damage is pretty useful. But that's not the focus of Historia Crystals, just a fringe benefit. (At least, not until you limit break one multiple times, and enjoy a flat 99,999 on entry.)

The benefit of Crystals over Magicites is the various passives they provide, as Darkdragoon notes, consolidated into one easy button. After the first limit break, a Crystal provides the party with Omni Element Boost on entry, and hits the enemy with Omni Imperil on subsequent hits. Not all Magicites grant a party Element Boost, and not all grant an Imperil, and certainly none cover every element. In addition, all Crystals by default provide a boost to all base stats (ATK, DEF, etc.), and increase damage dealt and decrease damage taken by realm-appropriate characters. Starting at level 50, they also provide passive HP, healing, crit rate and damage, increased tick speed while casting, and increases to damage dealt and decreases to damage taken, in addition to the realm-specific bonuses. Another quick chart for reference.

The fact remains that a Magicite deck will be more valuable for elemental content, for the most part, because it is more focused. A Magicite deck can be tailored to the precise elemental threat posed - for example, you may want a main Magicite that prevents debuffs, or one that deals MAG instead of PHY damage; you may want to try to stack speed and crit buffs for a fight that's more like rocket tag, but stack DEF and RES buffs for one that's more of a drawn-out stall. Historia Crystals don't give you that flexibility.

In addition, as previously mentioned, Historia Crystals are extremely tedious to level. Magicites can be leveled rather efficiently in the EXP dungeon. Historia Crystals are basically dependent upon grinding Cardia dungeons for Rat Tails, and a Magicite deck may end up being more helpful to you in that particular task than an under-leveled Historia Crystal.

That said, it has been mentioned, if you have a half-formed 3-star Magicite deck, you can expect a limit-broken Historia Crystal to outperform it. But once you hit 4- or 5-star Magicites, you will see your Historia Crystals fall to the wayside until you can break them significantly.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-07-05 at 07:31 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    That said, it has been mentioned, if you have a half-formed 3-star Magicite deck, you can expect a limit-broken Historia Crystal to outperform it. But once you hit 4- or 5-star Magicites, you will see your Historia Crystals fall to the wayside until you can break them significantly.
    I think this is the key. I have the 4* Magicites that I got from completing all the 3* dungeons (the 2 duplicates from each element at level 99).

Looking at that chart I can see the Elementa 15 gives 15% bonus and drops sharply for a second one. But I'm super confused as to the attack ones. ATK 20, on someone with no buffs gives 71% increase in damage if their attack is 570? Is that how I'm supposed to read that?

Also what do the actual magicite combined stats do?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think this is the key. I have the 4* Magicites that I got from completing all the 3* dungeons (the 2 duplicates from each element at level 99).

Looking at that chart I can see the Elementa 15 gives 15% bonus and drops sharply for a second one. But I'm super confused as to the attack ones. ATK 20, on someone with no buffs gives 71% increase in damage if their attack is 570? Is that how I'm supposed to read that?

Probably easiest to describe with an example.

Suppose you have 3 Atk 20s and combined magicite attack is 500.

First gives +20% of combined magicite attack to your party, so 100.

Second is +20%/2 to your party, so 50.

Third is +20%/4 to your party, so 25.

(Fourth would be /8, I guess rounded up, so 13)

For a total of +175 attack to party (would be 188 with 4).
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Banner 5 is up! This banner has 2 of the strongest relics in the game: Lightning and Noctis' Syncs.

My total haul:

Zack USB
    Zack USB (dupe now)
    Aphamu AASB
    Lunafreya AASB (dupe)
    Lunafreya Sync

Well blah. Not a bad haul, but a disappointing one considering I only had 3 dupes on the banner to start.

Luna could be a decent water dps, but she's in a weird spot. She only has summon access for damage, and her AASB is hybrid healer/dps combo. To top this franken-combo off, her only source of EnWater is her Synch and USB, the latter gives her 3rd place behind Cloud and Bartz for being bar hungry.

Oh well. Time to start hoarding for Zidane Sync.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

The math as to how the ATK boosts work is confusing, because you have to keep the soft cap in mind - basically, after ATK gets high enough, ATK boosts are actually less valuable. As for the combined stats, well, they provide an overall stat boost to the party. Passive stats.

Banner 5 is up, so let's finish this! 2/11, one rainbow, one disco for me! This was a dangerous one, since I had one dupe on the banner. Fortunately, neither relic was a dupe for me! The rainbow was Zack's Glint, your typical 0CT En-Element with 0CT next turn. The disco, on the other hand, was Cloud's Heavy Awakening. So, good for Team Dark. Pretty nice, frankly.

Time for a round-up! Take a look at my loot from this Fest:
    Spoiler: Fest Banners
    Show
    • Three Lucky Draws: Skip!
    • Summer Decadence:
      • Krile's BSB
      • Relm's BSB
      • Quina's BSB
      • Cid XIV's LMR
      • Prishe's LMR
      • Montblanc's LMR
      • Gaffgarion's LMR
      • Laguna's Glint
      • Aerith's USB
      • Aranea's Glint+
    • Summer Appreciation Tickets:
      • Tellah's Glint+
      • Aria's Awakening
      • Auron's LMR
      • Gaffgarion's Glint
      • Vayne's Awakening
      • Ramza's BSB
      • Seven's USB
      • Sephiroth's USB
      • Galuf's Arcane
      • Lenna's Awakening
    • Banners:
      1. (Pulled Twice) Ysayle's Arcane, Papalymo's LMR, Ysayle's LMR
      2. Noel's Awakening
      3. Squall's Awakening, Lightning's Awakening, Lightning's Awakening
      4. Tellah's Awakening, Rinoa's Awakening, Rinoa's Sync
      5. Zack's Glint, Cloud's Awakening

Italics indicate dupes.

But wait! You may recall, I skipped the Luck of the Realms draws! Well, it's time to burn through them, right now. All of them.
    Spoiler: Here we go!
    Show
    • I: o'Light's USB
    • II: Firion's Awakening
    • III: Refia's Arcane
    • IV: Rosa's USB (the one with Regenga)
    • V: Faris' Arcane
    • VI: Terra's LMR (En-Fire), Setzer's USB (pentabreak)
    • VII: Barret's Awakening
    • VIII: Seifer's USB
    • IX: Amarant's Glint
    • X: Rikku's Glint+
    • XI: Ayame's BSB
    • XII: Vayne's Glint+
    • XIII: Noel's Glint+
    • XIV: Minfilia's USB
    • XV: Aranea's LMR
    • FFT: Orran's USB
    • T-0: Ace's Realm Chain

Again, dupes are in italics. Also, wow, a disco ball in almost every pull? That's awesome.

I'm going to have a lot of combining to do. But overall, I consider this Fest a success.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

The stats determine how much you get from (Stat) Boon - you get (Boon level %) of your combined magicite deck's stats added to your team. Boons past the first/highest level one have reduced effect, so there's significant diminished returns on trying to stack up the same stat.

The actual amount of benefit you'll get from this depends a lot on your team, equipment, and other avenues of strengthening them (Record Spheres unlocked, Magia crystal points, Crystal Waters used, etc.) If you have somebody at max level, fully unlocked record spheres, and carrying a nice strong weapon (an Artifact with a goodly chunk of levels, a 6*+ weapon leveled with synergy) they are probably either at or very near the first ATK soft-cap already - they're unlikely to benefit super much from more raw ATK points. Similarly, if your standard array of buffs/soul breaks includes multiple stacking ATK/MAG buffs, then your team damage won't increase as much from ATK/MAG Boons.

..but then you get stuff where you have to do X% damage to knock a boss out of a fight-ending AI pattern within the first 10 seconds, and you aren't going to have all your soulbreaks charged up for that, so having the Boons can get you over the edge for that pre-buff DPS..

(This is another thing Historia Crystals are good for, incidentally - they're instant-cast and available right from the start of the fight, unlike Magicites that need charge time before you can summon. Since we're talking about Magicites, this can be really helpful for things like pushing Shadow Dragon through his Black Fang and avoiding having to deal with his instant-kill attack altogether, or just generally needing to be able to precisely apply a known quantity of damage at a particular part of an AI cycle.)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    (This is another thing Historia Crystals are good for, incidentally - they're instant-cast and available right from the start of the fight, unlike Magicites that need charge time before you can summon. Since we're talking about Magicites, this can be really helpful for things like pushing Shadow Dragon through his Black Fang and avoiding having to deal with his instant-kill attack altogether, or just generally needing to be able to precisely apply a known quantity of damage at a particular part of an AI cycle.)
    Minor nitpick (and useless for anyone here currently), but 6* magicites are the same. Available from the start and instant cast.

Also, I said screw it. It's my birthday and I can afford to drop a bit of cash on another pull.

2/11:

Zack USB (Really? Go away Zack. No one likes you and your crappy sword)
    Noctis Sync!!!!!!!

Yessssssssss. Team Fire just became stacked. C'mere Odin. I need to have a word with you.

Edit: Wow. All these Syncs have drained my Lenses (have 7 syncs now). Anyone know when the next Record Dungeon update is?
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-05 at 09:16 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Probably easiest to describe with an example.

Suppose you have 3 Atk 20s and combined magicite attack is 500.

First gives +20% of combined magicite attack to your party, so 100.

Second is +20%/2 to your party, so 50.

Third is +20%/4 to your party, so 25.

(Fourth would be /8, I guess rounded up, so 13)

For a total of +175 attack to party (would be 188 with 4).
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    The stats determine how much you get from (Stat) Boon - you get (Boon level %) of your combined magicite deck's stats added to your team. Boons past the first/highest level one have reduced effect, so there's significant diminished returns on trying to stack up the same stat.
    Ah this is what I was missing. The stat boons are % of the MAGICITE's stat. Makes things more clear.

So I pulled Lunafreya's awakening (x2) and her Hydraen protection SB (which was a dupe). I already have her Sync but it looks like her Awakening one doesn't synergize well at all with the Sync. It is an extra instant heal revive plus last stand which is nice.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

In messing around with Noctis' Sync, seeing how it plays with his AASB (Not nicely) and to see if it'd be better to stack both or just keep them separate., I got to musing on how the game has progressed seeing as how I'll need hone up Fire Touched Blade (incedentally, out of Wind Crystals thanks to Team Lightning).

SSB > One shot abilities, reliant on hones for damage.

BSB > Replaced the default Attack/Defend abilities with new infinite commands. Hones not really required

USB > Another one shot use, reliant on hones. Doubly so with DC Cast USBs (Hello TGCid and Shantotto) that ate up 2 uses.

AASB > Unlike BSBs, they're one time use only. Gives infinite uses of abilities during it's duration. Hones only really necessary if you can't kill what you're fighting before AASB ends.

Sync > Mixture of all of the above. One time use, replaces default Attack/Defend commands, hones required as the commands then chase with the linked ability.

Will be interesting to see what comes after Syncs given the pattern.

Edit: Crap. Noctis needs his Hero ability to use his Sync to it's fullest. Well Fire weak Odin, you live another week.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-05 at 10:52 PM.

Steam Profile

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Ah this is what I was missing. The stat boons are % of the MAGICITE's stat. Makes things more clear.

So I pulled Lunafreya's awakening (x2) and her Hydraen protection SB (which was a dupe). I already have her Sync but it looks like her Awakening one doesn't synergize well at all with the Sync. It is an extra instant heal revive plus last stand which is nice.
    The on-cast package for healer Awakens is just generally nice, yeah. Lunafreya's Awoken mode is kind of weird, much like her Sync, in that it's really more aimed at being Mag Water DPS with a side portion of healing.

Scraped together enough to pull this last banner. 1/11, duplicate of Hydraen Protection. Bleh. Was fairly happy getting that the first time, waste of a pull the second time. Oh well.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Minor nitpick (and useless for anyone here currently), but 6* magicites are the same. Available from the start and instant cast.

Also, I said screw it. It's my birthday and I can afford to drop a bit of cash on another pull.

2/11:

Zack USB (Really? Go away Zack. No one likes you and your crappy sword)
    Noctis Sync!!!!!!!

Yessssssssss. Team Fire just became stacked. C'mere Odin. I need to have a word with you.

Edit: Wow. All these Syncs have drained my Lenses (have 7 syncs now). Anyone know when the next Record Dungeon update is?
    Grats! And happy birthday!

Shoot, I have 4 syncs. And Kain’s is... not great.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Will be interesting to see what comes after Syncs given the pattern.
    We already have it, actually, and it's what you left out of your list: OSBs.

First, there were OSBs (Overflow Soul Breaks), which dealt a single shot of overflow (can exceed 9999) damage. And there was much rejoicing.

Next, there were AOSBs (Arcane Overflow Soul Breaks), which dealt a sequence of normal hits plus one overflow hit, or three overflow hits in a row, but were usable only once per battle. And there was much rejoicing.

Now, though, we have the successor to these, the Limit Break Overflow Soul Break. This one uses a party-wide meter, and deals overflow damage based on the number of gauge charges consumed. Like AOSBs, this can be used once per fight. Like Syncs, it can be honed. And there was much salt rejoicing.

15. - Top - End - #15

First, there were OSBs (Overflow Soul Breaks), which dealt a single shot of overflow (can exceed 9999) damage. And there was much rejoicing.

Next, there were AOSBs (Arcane Overflow Soul Breaks), which dealt a sequence of normal hits plus one overflow hit, or three overflow hits in a row, but were usable only once per battle. And there was much rejoicing.

Now, though, we have the successor to these, the Limit Break Overflow Soul Break. This one uses a party-wide meter, and deals overflow damage based on the number of gauge charges consumed. Like AOSBs, this can be used once per fight. Like Syncs, it can be honed. And there was much salt rejoicing.
    Called it.

Also, there are a couple other high rarity relics released in JP. I'm not *super* keen on these, others please chime in.

Higher rarity LMRs. Like LMRs... but better. For example, instead of a small chance to double cast, guaranteed double cast every other/third ability use.

Also, a combination Glint+/AASB???. First use is free like a Glint+, puts you in a certain mode which lasts 15s, lets you break the damage cap with certain abilities, iirc you use is the second time at the end. Maybe.

Seems like... natural progression.

imo AASB is the hugest power leap we've ever had.

Also, I just checked out the lens shop. Wowee, lots of goodies there. And I have an absurd amount of lenses.

Thinking of attempting Ifrit.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't include those due to how underwhelming they were in practice. Not a single OSB/AOSB/LBO is really game changing or must have, just a nice pick up for a few characters if you do get them. In fact, all I've heard about LBOs is how much they suck.

Called it.

Also, there are a couple other high rarity relics released in JP. I'm not *super* keen on these, others please chime in.

Higher rarity LMRs. Like LMRs... but better. For example, instead of a small chance to double cast, guaranteed double cast every other/third ability use.

Also, a combination Glint+/AASB???. First use is free like a Glint+, puts you in a certain mode which lasts 15s, lets you break the damage cap with certain abilities, iirc you use is the second time at the end. Maybe.

Seems like... natural progression.
    The new tier of LMRs seems to be what everyone over at Gfaqs is thinking will be released here soon.

Upon looking at the latest fest in JP, there is a new tier of SB being released. True Arcane Augment SBs (TASB). These are awkward looking to use. Breakdown of how they work:

First cast grants you "En-Element, En-Element Stack, Cap Break Level 1 & True Arcane Augment Mode".
    It is instant cast and uses 0 SB point, and it has the "Stat Boon" passive.

"True Arcane Augment Mode" grants Cap Break +1/2 only for the second cast.

Second cast requires 3 SB bars (1500 points) to use, has usual 2.5s CT.
    2 SB passives are attached to it, one is Cast Time down, the other lowers the cost by 1 SB bar at level 10.
    So first use is an instant cast and gives a decent buff called True Arcane Release, granting BLD1 for 15s, and EnElement for 25s.

During this limited time, you have to deal X amount of damage to 'power up' the second buff, which grants BDL2 (maybe some other stuff. Uncertain), BUT when you achieve this threshold, the second cast of the TASB is an AOSB attack.

These of course can be honed up to level 10, at which point the cost of the second cast will only be 2 bars instead of 3.

In short, Syncs are a mishmash of BSBs and USBs, TASBs are a mishmash of Glints and AOSBs.

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr
    Thinking of attempting Ifrit.
    I made a couple attempts at Leviathan after Odin. Didn't go well. 6* seems to be more of the 'start here and work around the wheel' than even 5* were. Doesn't help every clear I see involves Elarra and that's a whole nother rant on how useless she's been for me (despite having AASB, USB1+2, BSB, and Glint). I'll probably just stick with trying to take out Titan first. Only thing I seem to be missing in all the videos I see is Faris' CSB (still only have Zacks chain)

Steam Profile

17. - Top - End - #17

So first use is an instant cast and gives a decent buff called True Arcane Release, granting BLD1 for 15s, and EnElement for 25s.

During this limited time, you have to deal X amount of damage to 'power up' the second buff, which grants BDL2 (maybe some other stuff. Uncertain), BUT when you achieve this threshold, the second cast of the TASB is an AOSB attack.

These of course can be honed up to level 10, at which point the cost of the second cast will only be 2 bars instead of 3.

In short, Syncs are a mishmash of BSBs and USBs, TASBs are a mishmash of Glints and AOSBs.
    Wowee. That's uhh... kinda cool, I guess.
    I made a couple attempts at Leviathan after Odin. Didn't go well. 6* seems to be more of the 'start here and work around the wheel' than even 5* were. Doesn't help every clear I see involves Elarra and that's a whole nother rant on how useless she's been for me (despite having AASB, USB1+2, BSB, and Glint). I'll probably just stick with trying to take out Titan first. Only thing I seem to be missing in all the videos I see is Faris' CSB (still only have Zacks chain)
    Huh. Disappointing.

Just beat Dark weak Omega. Made some poor choices mid battle, but overall wasn't too bad. Yay another HA for me.

Pretty sure I could beat Lightning and Fire weak, but I'll hold off until it returns next fest. Prob Holy too. My weakest Element is Ice. But... just don't want to put the time into it.

EDIT: Was reading about Ifrit. Read this.
    Spoiler: SolitaireD's comments on Ifrit
    Show

You guys are lucky.
    This boss took many JP players by surprise and traumatized them.
    We did not realize how incredibly squishy Ifrit is and we are doing so much damage to him that Inferno Hellfire kept being triggered at times when we are unprepared.
    Plus those counters from Pillars.

Just compare his stats to other 6* bosses and even Dark Odin.
    On the flip side, Pain status is a b****.
    Ifrit constantly attacks the party while you dance with the Pillars, and all of them are AOE.

Ifrit requires the most micromanagement among all 6* Magicite bosses. Less with better strategizing.
    OP DPS will not do you too much good here since it makes it easier to trigger Inferno Hellfire.

Yeah... not going to try that for a while.

EDIT EDIT: wtf, read this regarding Ramuh: Ramuh is one of the most painful 6* bosses and I think only Ifrit rivals him.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-06 at 12:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: Was reading about Ifrit. Read this.
    Spoiler: SolitaireD's comments on Ifrit
    Show

You guys are lucky.
    This boss took many JP players by surprise and traumatized them.
    We did not realize how incredibly squishy Ifrit is and we are doing so much damage to him that Inferno Hellfire kept being triggered at times when we are unprepared.
    Plus those counters from Pillars.

Just compare his stats to other 6* bosses and even Dark Odin.
    On the flip side, Pain status is a b****.
    Ifrit constantly attacks the party while you dance with the Pillars, and all of them are AOE.

Ifrit requires the most micromanagement among all 6* Magicite bosses. Less with better strategizing.
    OP DPS will not do you too much good here since it makes it easier to trigger Inferno Hellfire.

Yeah... not going to try that for a while.

EDIT EDIT: wtf, read this regarding Ramuh: Ramuh is one of the most painful 6* bosses and I think only Ifrit rivals him.
    Yeah, that's where the roulette comment comes into play. Titan by contrast only really has the Wall gimmick you have to play around, and is considered the easiest. Probably only due to Cloud existing really. I've still yet to crack him even with a stacked Cloud but that's more a timing issue I think. Can manage to get him to 15% but man is phase 3 savage 3 tough.

Steam Profile

19. - Top - End - #19

Yeah, that's where the roulette comment comes into play. Titan by contrast only really has the Wall gimmick you have to play around, and is considered the easiest. Probably only due to Cloud existing really. I've still yet to crack him even with a stacked Cloud but that's more a timing issue I think. Can manage to get him to 15% but man is phase 3 savage 3 tough.
    Wow, 15%, very nice!

tbh I haven't even attempted a single 6* yet :P
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

There's another category of Limit Break coming around next fest IIRC. Instead of damage they are party Enelement, with "element attack up" tacked on via honing.

Deathgaze is down! Mostly Beatrix.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    There's another category of Limit Break coming around next fest IIRC. Instead of damage they are party Enelement, with "element attack up" tacked on via honing.

Deathgaze is down! Mostly Beatrix.
    Making 6*s easier I guess.

And grats!

EDIT: Made an honest attempt at Alexander. Was cutting through him like butter then he wiped me.

On the one hand... I'm certain I can beat that dude. On the other hand, I get more enjoyment out of this game letting my phone auto battle.

Don't think I'm going to attempt another 6* for a while.

EDIT EDIT: Tried Titan. Got him down to 5% :(

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Aaaand just beat my first 6* magicite (Titan). Hoo boy that was tough.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Man, they're way easier the second time. Halfway to a 99 Titan.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: 3 down, 1 to go. Unless I go for 2 copies... doubt I will, I've always been lazy. Stuff can still go terribly wrong at the end.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-07 at 11:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Titan is down! I repeat, Titan has fallen!!!

Whew. It took me around ~40 attempts to finally beat this SoB. Managed it 51:80. Had to cave and do the CSB select draw to grab Faris' CSB but
    C'est la vie.

Spoiler: Party and very rough turn order
    Show

Faris - Wrath/Entrust - CSB/USB1/Glint+ - Battleforged
    Cloud - Lifesiphon/Raging Quadstrike - USB1/USB2/AASB/AOSB/Glint+ - Scholar's Boon
    Tyro - Wrath/Entrust - USB3/USB4 - Dr Mogs
    Elarra - Warrior's Hymn/Passionate Salsa - USB1/USB2/AASB - Mako Might
    Zidane - Lifesiphon/Storm Assault - USB2/AASB/OSB/Glint - World Traveler
    RW: Fabula Nuke

So basically, spend the first 20 seconds getting Faris, Zidane, and Cloud to full bars, Tyro Godwalls, wraths then uses USB3, Elarra keeps everyone up with USB1 and when you're ready, unleash.

Cloud - Glint+ BEFORE CSB goes off, USB2 > USB1 > RQ >AOSB >AASB >RQx2 > USB1
    Faris - CSB > USB1x2 >wrath until CSB expires > CSB > USB1 > wrath and entrust to Cloud
    Tyro - Wrath and entrust to Cloud, maybe 2 bars to Elarra
    Elarra - AASB > WH > PS >USB2 before Cloud AOSB > USB1 > spam WH
    Zidane - Glint before CSB > USB2 > AASB > SA > delay until after Cloud AOSB > RW Nuke > SA > OSB > USB2

I'm not positive on the turn order because I honestly didn't think I'd win. Mostly went in as another experiment. Did bring Syldra but ended up not even using it between Faris and Zidane imperils. Oh well. It worked and was oddly a comfortable clear so I can probably replicate it easily enough (famous last words).

Now to kill him 3 more times! Should be a bit easier as once you that first kill and put the magicite in your deck, you get like a 10% bonus damage /damage reduction in subsequent fights.

Edit: Didn't see danzibrs edits. Grats. Beat me by only a few hours on the kill
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-07 at 12:56 PM.

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #23

Titan is down! I repeat, Titan has fallen!!!

Whew. It took me around ~40 attempts to finally beat this SoB. Managed it 51:80. Had to cave and do the CSB select draw to grab Faris' CSB but
    C'est la vie.

Spoiler: Party and very rough turn order
    Show

Faris - Wrath/Entrust - CSB/USB1/Glint+ - Battleforged
    Cloud - Lifesiphon/Raging Quadstrike - USB1/USB2/AASB/AOSB/Glint+ - Scholar's Boon
    Tyro - Wrath/Entrust - USB3/USB4 - Dr Mogs
    Elarra - Warrior's Hymn/Passionate Salsa - USB1/USB2/AASB - Mako Might
    Zidane - Lifesiphon/Storm Assault - USB2/AASB/OSB/Glint - World Traveler
    RW: Fabula Nuke

So basically, spend the first 20 seconds getting Faris, Zidane, and Cloud to full bars, Tyro Godwalls, wraths then uses USB3, Elarra keeps everyone up with USB1 and when you're ready, unleash.

Cloud - Glint+ BEFORE CSB goes off, USB2 > USB1 > RQ >AOSB >AASB >RQx2 > USB1
    Faris - CSB > USB1x2 >wrath until CSB expires > CSB > USB1 > wrath and entrust to Cloud
    Tyro - Wrath and entrust to Cloud, maybe 2 bars to Elarra
    Elarra - AASB > WH > PS >USB2 before Cloud AOSB > USB1 > spam WH
    Zidane - Glint before CSB > USB2 > AASB > SA > delay until after Cloud AOSB > RW Nuke > SA > OSB > USB2

I'm not positive on the turn order because I honestly didn't think I'd win. Mostly went in as another experiment. Did bring Syldra but ended up not even using it between Faris and Zidane imperils. Oh well. It worked and was oddly a comfortable clear so I can probably replicate it easily enough (famous last words).

Now to kill him 3 more times! Should be a bit easier as once you that first kill and put the magicite in your deck, you get like a 10% bonus damage /damage reduction in subsequent fights.

Edit: Didn't see danzibrs edits. Grats. Beat me by only a few hours on the kill
    Grats! We can conquer this “new” content shoulder to shoulder :P

If there’s one thing I learned from Titan, man is there little wiggle room. Can’t just go in willy nilly. Gotta plan like every action for every character, around the boss too.

Edit: hey Antonok. What 6* you thinking next? I’m feeling good about Alexander, and maaaaybe Ramuh. Having a single 6* really opens some doors.

Also need to finish I, III, and XI Torments.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-07 at 02:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Grats! We can conquer this “new” content shoulder to shoulder :P

If there’s one thing I learned from Titan, man is there little wiggle room. Can’t just go in willy nilly. Gotta plan like every action for every character, around the boss too.
    Yeah, that was my entire problem when trying to figure out how to kill it. Titan himself actually made things both easier and harder. The 30k entry damage and the 2 subsequent 10k attacks were great at keeping rage 3 down, but having to replace my Blade/Spellward magicite to use him definitely increased my damage intake. All that said, I farmed my 4 copies and had enough to get him to 99. Just have to fully inherit. Going the standard route and slapping my blade/spell wards on him. Only going for one copy though, since you can only have 1 copy of a specific 6* magicite and only 2 total 6*s in a deck.

Next step would logically be Ramuh but my earth is severely lacking. My options are (typing it out mostly for myself)

Spoiler
    Show

Physical:

Galuf - CSB, Imperil BSB, AASB
    Dorgann - USB, AASB
    Kelgar - USB, AASB, AOSB but no DC LMR
    Noctis - Sync, AASB - No native EnElement but his burst is definitely there.
    Meliadoul - USB. Only useful as an Imperiler. Highly likely to just be a liability though.

Magical

Galuf - CSB - Only Earth CSB I have
    Emporor - Imperil USB, AOSB - See Meliadoul
    Onion Knight - mUSB, AASB - No native EnElement but still useful with mUSB and chain count builder
    Krile - AASB, AOSB - AASB gives EnElement and a 40% damage reduction barrier after using fire/earth abilities. AOSB is pure summon earth damage.
    Rinoa - AASB - No DC LMR

Well got the starts of decent teams. Just need a few missing pieces.

And as we're talking about magicites, here soon we should be getting the magicite support campaigns. These come with special banners you get tickets for. The catch is, the tickets are only for a single x1 pull. Total of 35 tickets, so you get 35 chances to have all your hopes dashed.

Edit: hey Antonok. What 6* you thinking next? I’m feeling good about Alexander, and maaaaybe Ramuh. Having a single 6* really opens some doors.
    I'm leaning towards Leviathon personally. My lightning team is too stacked to not skewer that stupid fish.

Edit: It'll be a bit before I take on any more 6*s tho. It'll take a bit to get Titan fully inherited and I want to get some more 6* motes to dive Noctis with. May even try Shiva after that. Fire team is pretty decent.

Edit2: Just fyi, 11 of those 35 tickets from a mission that requires you to kill 50 magicites total. Happy farming!
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-07 at 03:22 PM.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #25

Oh yeah, you got Lightning sync right? Leviathan seems a good choice.

I too got my 4th Titan.

Don’t think I’ll feel up to trying one for a while. Huge mental effort.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah, you got Lightning sync right? Leviathan seems a good choice.

I too got my 4th Titan.

Don’t think I’ll feel up to trying one for a while. Huge mental effort.
    I took a couple more shots at Levi just to test where I'd be lacking (can get to about 50% currently). Unlike Titan, Phase 1 is the most dangerous. Noctis might not cut it in this fight. May have to go back to Aranea or Sora (Sora probably being the better option tbh).

Either way, I'm going to need to pick up Lightning's Glint or Glint+ for the EnLightning before I'm going to make another serious attempt.

Steam Profile

27. - Top - End - #27

I took a couple more shots at Levi just to test where I'd be lacking (can get to about 50% currently). Unlike Titan, Phase 1 is the most dangerous. Noctis might not cut it in this fight. May have to go back to Aranea or Sora (Sora probably being the better option tbh).

Either way, I'm going to need to pick up Lightning's Glint or Glint+ for the EnLightning before I'm going to make another serious attempt.
    Oh yeah! Man, can't believe how valuable G and G+s are. I used Cloud's EnWind G and G+ in my Titan fights.

It's also interesting all those old janky relics that now cost 1 SB gauge which either Imperil or EnElement are good now. Neat how that happened.

I was thinking about it more, I probably can work my way around the wheel. After beating Titan and looking at what goes into the other magicites, I'm confident I can beat Ramuh with Rydia & co., then Leviathan with... actually, never mind, I need more Lightning tech before I can try that, even with 2 6*s in my magicite deck. I'm sorta close, have Prompto for Imperil & CSB, Kain AASB + Sync (they don't play *super* well together though), what I really need is a second dps (alternatively... my mag is alright). And my Water team is stacked. And my Fire team is decent. Really, I'm only shut down at Ice.

But then again, I read the EnElement mechanics for 6*s are supposed to get easier. Might just do Ramuh (and maybe Alexander) then call it good for a while.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah! Man, can't believe how valuable G and G+s are. I used Cloud's EnWind G and G+ in my Titan fights.

It's also interesting all those old janky relics that now cost 1 SB gauge which either Imperil or EnElement are good now. Neat how that happened.

I was thinking about it more, I probably can work my way around the wheel. After beating Titan and looking at what goes into the other magicites, I'm confident I can beat Ramuh with Rydia & co., then Leviathan with... actually, never mind, I need more Lightning tech before I can try that, even with 2 6*s in my magicite deck. I'm sorta close, have Prompto for Imperil & CSB, Kain AASB + Sync (they don't play *super* well together though), what I really need is a second dps (alternatively... my mag is alright). And my Water team is stacked. And my Fire team is decent. Really, I'm only shut down at Ice.

But then again, I read the EnElement mechanics for 6*s are supposed to get easier. Might just do Ramuh (and maybe Alexander) then call it good for a while.
    Ok, took a pot shot at Alex. He hurts. His gimmicks might be easy but his damage is no joke. Wall/ProShellga with Double Dampen and people were getting railed for 9k+ damage a hit.

May take a couple more tries at him because he is supposed to be the easiest, but going to have to figure the damage intake out.

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Made Healing Smite for Beatrix, checking out progress on some of the higher end Cardia stuff while taking a break from XP-ing assorted characters to try to make 4*-magicite teams.

- Completely savaging second-tier Dreams (D260.) Beatrix, a healer to keep her standing, and basically whatever as long as at least 2 in-realm characters, she's solo carrying these. Healing Smite would probably eliminate the need for a healer, as well.. I might swap in Ramza here and let him Shout at her first round instead just for speed/auto-ability.
    - Third tier Dream (D350) cleared and mastered in FFIX, although it wasn't especially pretty. Still, clear's a clear, shame this isn't tough enough for the higher-level Cardia missions.
    - Torment 3 (D450) needs a second high-quality DPS or better in-realm buff support; some Quina soulbreaks would be lovely here, and I might look at lensing Culinary Curiousity or maybe getting Eiko set up as a secondary healer and picking up one of her crit-fixing SBs. Best run so far is a bit over 50% damage with 4 in-realm and an off-realm healer.
    - Managed to scratch the Dreambreaker just enough to break the 10% mark and earn a completion. Nowhere near the damage output to handle this.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

So I figured out why Alex and Levi hurt so much. Their main attacks are omni-elemental. Means it's probably best to get the 5 Odin kills for the accessories before tackling them.

Steam Profile