New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Finally got back around to trying more Magicites, now that I've had ~3 months worth of events to build up crystals and collect SB. Beat Behemoth King, Phoenix, Adamantoise, and Hecatoncheire, which puts me about halfway done with 5*, I think. Pretty sure I have potential clears on the Fire-weak magicites and I'll need to revisit Holy and Dark..

Edit: Yup, toasted Manticore with an only mostly-janky clear, still made it under 30 seconds tho. It's kind of hard to get Edge to use the Ninjutsu versions of his physical-or-ninjutsu soulbreaks - need to fit a Mag-only buff in there somehow. Still, doublecasting the Resist-ignoring ninjutsus under Awakening does very solid work, if not quite the levels of crazy burst needed to be primary DPS in high end content.. wish they'd let Ninja magic keep doing that, but no, all the six-star ninja stuff is physical...
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-09-17 at 12:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Haven't really done much in terms of 'progress' lately due to time constraints. I did however go through and look at the relic lists in the RoP pools. It's... disappointing to say the least. A lot of the top relics are missing.

Edit: I seem to have been officially accepted into the MVP program (Silver Tier). Here's the monthly MVP email

Spoiler
    Show
    ■Fantasy Festival
    The Fantasy Festival will open in 5 phases.
    ・Phase 1
    Syncs for Zidane, Edge, and Rosa debut! Plus Edge's Limit Break Overstrike, and Limit Break Glints for Zidane and Palom.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 9/26 PST (1:00 AM 9/27 UTC) - 4:59 PM 9/30 PST (12:59 AM 10/1 UTC)

・Phase 2
    Syncs for Rydia and Vincent debut! Plus Rydia's Limit Break Overstrike, and Limit Break Glints for Locke and Minwu.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 9/28 PST (1:00 AM 9/29 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/2 PST (12:59 AM 10/3 UTC)

・Phase 3
    Syncs for Tidus, Terra, Ramza, and Alphinaud debut! Plus Bartz's Limit Break Overstrike, and Limit Break Glints for Tidus and Snow.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 9/30 PST (1:00 AM 10/1 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/4 PST (12:59 AM 10/5 UTC)

・Phase 4
    Syncs for Red XIII, Gladiolus, and Orran debut! Plus Noctis's Limit Break Overstrike, and Limit Break Glints for Krile and Kefka.
    Duration: 5:00 PM 10/2 PST (1:00 AM 10/3 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/6 PST (12:59 AM 10/7 UTC)

・Phase 5
    Syncs for Orlandeau, Tyro, and Sephiroth, Awakenings for Yuffie, Ignis, Orlandeau, and Kuja, plus Terra's Limit Break Overstrike return!
    Duration: 5:00 PM 10/4 PST (1:00 AM 10/5 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/8 PST (12:59 AM 10/9 UTC)

Don't miss the festival!

■Autumn Festival Relic Draw
    The Autumn Festival Relic Draw opens at 5:00 PM 9/24 PST (1:00 AM 9/25 UTC).
    You can use this relic draw by using one Autumn Festival Relic Draw Ticket, which can be obtained from the Autumn Festival Login Bonus. This x10 draw guarantees one 6★ relic! You can get multiple tickets, so don't forget to grab them all!

■Autumn Festival Login Bonus
    Get items each day you log in during the duration, such as tickets to use in the Autumn Festival Relic Draw! The items you receive depend on the number of days you log in (up to 10 days).
    Note that the login period resets each day at 5:00 AM PST (1:00 PM UTC).
    Duration: 5:00 PM 9/24 PST (1:00 AM 9/25 UTC) - 4:59 PM 10/14 PST (12:59 AM 10/15 UTC)

Presents:
    Day 1 Login: Autumn Festival Relic Draw Ticket x1
    Day 2 Login: Set of Giant Scarletite & Giant Adamantite x100
    Day 3 Login: Autumn Festival Relic Draw Ticket x1
    Day 4 Login: 10 Mythril
    Day 5 Login: Autumn Festival Relic Draw Ticket x1
    Day 6 Login: Full set of Major Orbs x20
    Day 7 Login: Autumn Festival Relic Draw Ticket x1
    Day 8 Login: Major Arcana x10
    Day 9 Login: Autumn Festival Relic Draw Ticket x1
    Day 10 Login: Full set of 6★ Motes x20 (6★ Spirit, Dexterity, and Vitality Motes)

Don't forget to log in every day!

■Autumn Festival 2020
    At 5:00 PM 9/24 PST (1:00 AM 9/25 UTC), Autumn Festival 2020 will commence.
    In this festival, you can get 30 Mythril and other fantastic rewards from the Gift Dungeons, take on the Feast Dungeons by using Feast Tickets, and enjoy the other festivities listed below.

・Battle Square
    The Battle Square is a dungeon where you fight a series of powerful foes! When you defeat an enemy, slot reels appear and apply a range of effects to enemies or allies depending on the symbols you stop on.
    Collect BP by defeating enemies to exchange for incredible rewards such as 5★ accessories, anima lenses, Artifact Stones, and more.

・The Triad Descends
    The three gods of the Warring Triad brought magic to the world. The Warring Triad (Transcendent) are incredibly strong, so prepare for a tough fight!
    Complete the dungeon to get the "Battle to the Death - FFRK Ver. Arrangement from FF VI" music track, the Triad Badge (VI) 6★ accessory, anima lenses, and more as first-time rewards!

■FF XIV event
    Vanquish the Primals begins at 5:00 PM 10/8 PST (1:00 AM 10/9 UTC).

This event features the debut of Y'shtola's Limit Break Overstrike, Sync, and Awakening! Y'shtola will also be updated so that she can use black magic and witch abilities!

Also, the new hero Alisaie arrives with her Sync and Awakening! Also appearing are Haurchefant's Awakening and Minfilia's Chain Soul Break.

Plus, the Dreams - Gaius and Dreambreaker - Lahabrea dungeons will open too!
    FF XIV heroes pack extra punch in all events.

We hope you enjoy it!

■Wardrobe Record Relic Draw
    The Wardrobe Record Relic Draw will open at 5:00 PM 10/16 PST (1:00 AM 10/17 UTC).
    This Gems-only draw can be used one time only.
    After using the x11 rare relic draw, you'll receive a wardrobe record for Selphie as a bonus.

Don't miss it!

■Mote Dungeons: The Secret Hunt
    In the Secret Hunt Mote Dungeons you can get Job Motes, as well as 5★ Shifting Motes that can be exchanged for Job Motes at Kite's Treasure Trove!
    Get Job Motes and unlock heroes' Record Spheres!
    Note that 5★ Onion Knight Motes and 5★ Eiko Motes will not drop.

To commemorate the addition of the Secret Hunt, thirty 5★ Shifting Motes will be sent to all players!

Join the hunt!
    * Please note that changes may be made without notice.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-09-23 at 07:04 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eh crap, still had several hundred rubies to blow. Least I spent a few though.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

So new Magicite Dungeon support campaign is on. Bit different from last time. This time we get full x11 draws but only 6 tickets.

Any magicite works, AND since we have the wonderful auto run on magicites now, you can quickly clear it (assuming you don't care about clear rewards) using Ramza with LMR + Historia Crystal auto running a 3* magicite.

I've done 5 runs in about ~10 minutes now.

Edit: All 50 done in an hour. All draws going to earth unless I manage to pull Rydia AASB and a Magic Earth CSB

Spoiler
    Show

Draw 1: 1/11 - Cinque AASB (dupe)
    Draw 2: 2/11 - Maria AASB, Galuf AASB, both dupes
    Draw 3: 1/11 - Gaulf AASB...........
    Draw 4: 1/11 - Cinque AASB (uhhh wtf game....)
    Draw 5: 1/11 - Galuf Glint (dupe)
    Draw 6: 2/11 - Rinoa Glint+, Cinque Sync!!!!!! FINALLY something new!!!!

Okay, that was just downright stupid but at least the last pull managed to at least get me something. Makes me wonder if dupes are more heavily weighted now that we have AASB/AOSB honing...
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-09-23 at 09:43 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

..oh, neat, they reduced the requirement to unlock Odin and the 6* magicites - I still have Mateus, Madeen, and both of the Wind 5* to go (I 'completed' them by suicide running them with a Historia Crystal, but haven't achieved Mastery clears yet) and it gave me all the intro cutscenes. I can try some of my better elemental groups on Odin while I finish figuring out what I can beat those last ones with.

Any magicite works, AND since we have the wonderful auto run on magicites now, you can quickly clear it (assuming you don't care about clear rewards) using Ramza with LMR + Historia Crystal auto running a 3* magicite.
    Nightmare dungeons too, which is cute if you happen to be a brand new player. I don't think there's any reason for somebody with magicite access to ever go back to those dungeons, tho.. going back to one of the D130 Nightmare Dungeons and blowing it away with a max break Historia Crystal might be even faster than 3* magicite if you're just farming completes for the quests, tho, and more stamina efficient to boot - those are only 5 stamina dungeons with the discount.

Edit/additional note: Getting a 'clear' on a 5* magicite works too, doesn't break auto-run even if you die because it's still considered a win, and won't clog up your Magicite inventory with pointless low level magicites. Find a magicite where you can survive to do Crystal entry +1 Burst (may require messing with combat speed if your sacrifice is getting killed before the followup attack) and it'll get just under 90%, or Fabula Mage + Crystal Entry will do it as well. Doesn't have to be Ramza with the instant-act LMR, pretty much any character with enough HP to survive getting attacked once plus a start-with-haste RM can do it.

Free tickets:
    1 rolled in Fire. Rubicante's Fire Awakening. I don't actually remember what I was wanting to hit here, but I know Mag Fire needed some help, so that's nice.
    Wind. 3 hits, one of them Mog-boosted. This should be good!
    - Zidane En-Wind Glint. Got a Wake and a good USB for him, so this is a pretty nice add on.
    - Dupe Glint+ for Fujin. Eh. Crystals.
    - Cloud Sync. That'll do, game. That'll do.

Hmm. Well, that's definitely a worthy prize no matter what happens with the rest of these tickets, but let's try.. Water.
    - Yuffie glint, water/earth switch glint.
    - Tidus glint, water infusion/qc2.
    - Lunafreya Glint+ water infusion.
    .. eh *shrug* not useless, could be better.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-09-24 at 12:51 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So new Magicite Dungeon support campaign is on. Bit different from last time. This time we get full x11 draws but only 6 tickets.

I've done 5 runs in about ~10 minutes now.

Edit: All 50 done in an hour. All draws going to earth unless I manage to pull Rydia AASB and a Magic Earth CSB

Spoiler
    Show

Draw 1: 1/11 - Cinque AASB (dupe)
    Draw 2: 2/11 - Maria AASB, Galuf AASB, both dupes
    Draw 3: 1/11 - Gaulf AASB...........
    Draw 4: 1/11 - Cinque AASB (uhhh wtf game....)
    Draw 5: 1/11 - Galuf Glint (dupe)
    Draw 6: 2/11 - Rinoa Glint+, Cinque Sync!!!!!! FINALLY something new!!!!

Okay, that was just downright stupid but at least the last pull managed to at least get me something. Makes me wonder if dupes are more heavily weighted now that we have AASB/AOSB honing...
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..oh, neat, they reduced the requirement to unlock Odin and the 6* magicites - I still have Mateus, Madeen, and both of the Wind 5* to go (I 'completed' them by suicide running them with a Historia Crystal, but haven't achieved Mastery clears yet) and it gave me all the intro cutscenes. I can try some of my better elemental groups on Odin while I finish figuring out what I can beat those last ones with.

Nightmare dungeons too, which is cute if you happen to be a brand new player. I don't think there's any reason for somebody with magicite access to ever go back to those dungeons, tho.. going back to one of the D130 Nightmare Dungeons and blowing it away with a max break Historia Crystal might be even faster than 3* magicite if you're just farming completes for the quests, tho, and more stamina efficient to boot - those are only 5 stamina dungeons with the discount.

Edit/additional note: Getting a 'clear' on a 5* magicite works too, doesn't break auto-run even if you die because it's still considered a win, and won't clog up your Magicite inventory with pointless low level magicites. Find a magicite where you can survive to do Crystal entry +1 Burst (may require messing with combat speed if your sacrifice is getting killed before the followup attack) and it'll get just under 90%, or Fabula Mage + Crystal Entry will do it as well. Doesn't have to be Ramza with the instant-act LMR, pretty much any character with enough HP to survive getting attacked once plus a start-with-haste RM can do it.

Free tickets:
    1 rolled in Fire. Rubicante's Fire Awakening. I don't actually remember what I was wanting to hit here, but I know Mag Fire needed some help, so that's nice.
    Wind. 3 hits, one of them Mog-boosted. This should be good!
    - Zidane En-Wind Glint. Got a Wake and a good USB for him, so this is a pretty nice add on.
    - Dupe Glint+ for Fujin. Eh. Crystals.
    - Cloud Sync. That'll do, game. That'll do.

Hmm. Well, that's definitely a worthy prize no matter what happens with the rest of these tickets, but let's try.. Water.
    - Yuffie glint, water/earth switch glint.
    - Tidus glint, water infusion/qc2.
    - Lunafreya Glint+ water infusion.
    .. eh *shrug* not useless, could be better.
    Syncs. Nice.

I personally am saving my tickets for the next refresh. I seem to recall reading a while ago we can expect a refresh in like... 2 months? As of a couple days ago I only had 2-3 though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Syncs. Nice.

I personally am saving my tickets for the next refresh. I seem to recall reading a while ago we can expect a refresh in like... 2 months? As of a couple days ago I only had 2-3 though.
    The tickets for the event are different though right? Or do those banners also refresh?

Edit: so with the event tickets I picked up Ceodore and Cecil’s Holy Awakenings which should now be more than sufficient for my holy phys team. Also got Bartz Wind Awakening when i pulled there but was aiming for magic SBs. Not sure i can fit that one anywhere in element teams but will be good for realm team at least. Happy with those results.
    Last edited by Chen; 2020-09-24 at 08:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

The tickets for the event are different though right? Or do those banners also refresh?
    Yeah, the 'Magicite Support' banners are a different set of tickets. The ones we're waiting on to refresh are the Realm/Element banners, the ones you get tickets for from the daily login rewards and the clear magicites/clear Cardia dungeons/improve magicites/improve Historia Crystals mission books.

..pulled for Earth, because my only Earth Mage with any support/ability to break damage cap is Red XIII (and he's also a Magic Earth Chain holder, so he's got demands on his time other than DPS.) Maria Earth Awakening and Maria En-Earth Glint+. Huh. Well, ok, then, let's see if I can keep being lucky here.. where else do I need to fill some holes..? hmm. Magic Lightning could use some stuff, but the majority of the features on that banner are Physical characters, and that's pretty well covered by Dragoons currently.. on the other hand it's pretty high quality physical stuff, including Lightning's Sync and Woke. Water definitely needs some stuff still, could try that again.. hmm. Dark. Let's do Dark, there's several feature characters here I have basically nothing for, so good odds something neat pops.

Sephiroth dual-cast Dark LRM, Sephiroth Awake (this is the one that restores the Soul Break gauge used to cast it - I probably need to go look at the Lense shop now and see if there's a good USB available to pair with this), and Seifer's Fire/Dark switch Wake.

So yes, I can keep being lucky. Let's try Water again and you'd better not just give me a pile of Glints this time!

Only one hit, but it's the Sync. Yeah ok. I'll take that

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post

Edit: so with the event tickets I picked up Ceodore and Cecil’s Holy Awakenings which should now be more than sufficient for my holy phys team. Also got Bartz Wind Awakening when i pulled there but was aiming for magic SBs. Not sure i can fit that one anywhere in element teams but will be good for realm team at least. Happy with those results.
    Oh derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yeah I'll be spending those. Not sure on what though...
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I got nothing to write home about. A few Awakenings, one or two were even new, but no Syncs.

That said, I've had the chance to take an actual look at the new upgradeable Awakenings and Arcanes. Fun fact, the game has been retroactively keeping track of your pulls, meaning that they've been automatically upgraded. For example, my Bartz now has his multi-element Awakening at rank 7 and his Wind Awakening at rank 3. And I got to watch Ceodore's Awakening - which I pulled twice today - automatically upgrade to rank 3, that was neat.

I also chose the "auto run a magicite I can't actually beat but can damage pretty well" method to farm magicite completions. Ironically, that actually got me a clear - somehow, I managed to master Belias for the first time, that was pretty swell - so I had to switch to a different magicite. I feel like if I don't auto, I might actually beat Quetz. Maybe. I just need two more masters to complete Book of Creation III, that'll be a fun time.

EDIT: Nope, Quetz will remain out of my reach until I get a good Earth PHY Chain. But I did manage to clear Phoenix, and sub30 at that. So that's great. One more to go.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-09-24 at 03:55 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

So I still barely beat Deathgaze with my new Holy toys. Ceodore hits like a truck but Deathgaze is so tanky and obnoxious with his rage. Almost certainly not beating that one consistently for a while.

So only one missing is Adamantoise now. I pulled Fujin’s awakening athough he’s also my chain for that realm so not sure how much that will help. I should be able to beat it I suspect I just need to read the AI a bit for him.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Fest has started. Haven't decided if I'm pulling on the AASB Lucky tomorrow or saving for a fest banner.

Free Fest ticker got me 1/11 - Rem USB. Not a dupe, but outclassed by her Sync/AASB.

Steam Profile

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Well Fest has started. Haven't decided if I'm pulling on the AASB Lucky tomorrow or saving for a fest banner.

Free Fest ticker got me 1/11 - Rem USB. Not a dupe, but outclassed by her Sync/AASB.
    Yeah, I'm passing on the LDs and waiting for Fest proper. Not that it matters, I've got about 190 mythril, so I'm not going to be able to pull on everything. And I probably ought to save for the LotRs, since I haven't done any. So... yeah.

Free ticket got me Laguna's Glint+, which, honestly, that's pretty good. And Vincent's Brave USB, which... I mean, do I even use him enough to justify it? It's perfectly fine, it's just... I dunno.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

So I still barely beat Deathgaze with my new Holy toys. Ceodore hits like a truck but Deathgaze is so tanky and obnoxious with his rage. Almost certainly not beating that one consistently for a while.

So only one missing is Adamantoise now. I pulled Fujin’s awakening athough he’s also my chain for that realm so not sure how much that will help. I should be able to beat it I suspect I just need to read the AI a bit for him.
    I cheesed Deathgaze with a fairly beefy Beatrix and her Hero/Hidden/Unique Ability (the one you get from completing the Record Board) which is basically an overstrike on a stick and allows her to repeatedly smack down his enrage, so.. I don't think I can give useful advice there >.>

Adamantoise is a tanky fsker. Biggest things to watch out for are bringing a Dispel for when he ProShells himself and having a way to either duck Savage Bestial Resonance, or timing something to re-haste you after it happens - he doesn't hit super hard or super fast, so healing shouldn't be a major concern, but he will just straight up wear out your hones if you give him a chance. If you have anybody who can get access to Break Damage Cap with Ninja abilities Raging Storm is a pretty reliable DPS and enrage breaker, although being only two hits limits its overall damage (mind if you have an applicable Awoken for it 2x2x19999 comes out to be roughly an OSB per turn at Ninja cast speed, which is pretty respectable - you can fit in a lot of those during the span of an Awoken activation.)
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-09-24 at 08:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yeah, I'm passing on the LDs and waiting for Fest proper. Not that it matters, I've got about 190 mythril, so I'm not going to be able to pull on everything. And I probably ought to save for the LotRs, since I haven't done any. So... yeah.
    I skipped most of the LotR draws. Very few Syncs and too overloaded. Did pull on X, VII, and IV though. Got junk.

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

I kind of feel bad for Cloud in the Beginner's Hall dungeons. "Raise your attack stats to overcome bosses with high defense!" -Historia Crystal. "Chain soul breaks increase the bonus for specific kinds of attacks. We gave you a Water one, use Water attacks!" -Historia Crystal. Just.. completely ignoring the intended lessons.

Do we know what the BP income on higher difficulties of Battle Square is? And will we have to choose Setzer/penalties to buy it out in a reasonable time, or can we go with the buffs between rounds?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I kind of feel bad for Cloud in the Beginner's Hall dungeons. "Raise your attack stats to overcome bosses with high defense!" -Historia Crystal. "Chain soul breaks increase the bonus for specific kinds of attacks. We gave you a Water one, use Water attacks!" -Historia Crystal. Just.. completely ignoring the intended lessons.

Do we know what the BP income on higher difficulties of Battle Square is? And will we have to choose Setzer/penalties to buy it out in a reasonable time, or can we go with the buffs between rounds?
    Per the post on Gfaqs:

- Expected final BP per difficulty:
    Lucky Reels:
    D120: 5324 BP
    D180: 13845 BP
    D260: 26625 BP
    D300: 29821 BP
    D500: 56 BP

Rigged Reels:
    D120: 14121 BP
    D180: 36715 BP
    D260: 70604 BP
    D300: 79077 BP
    D500: 56 BP

Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #288

Some AASBs, G+s, nice.

I did the G+ draw, got, of note, Papalyymo's. And Tifa's, have her Sync, relevant.

Also put 3 free tickets against the Lightning banner (since I had 0 of the grand prizes). Got bunk, bunk, then Queen AASB + Lightning Sync. Lightning Sync! Time to kill Leviathan.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Some AASBs, G+s, nice.

I did the G+ draw, got, of note, Papalyymo's. And Tifa's, have her Sync, relevant.

Also put 3 free tickets against the Lightning banner (since I had 0 of the grand prizes). Got bunk, bunk, then Queen AASB + Lightning Sync. Lightning Sync! Time to kill Leviathan.
    Very nice! I got Rem’s glint from my festival draw and I then get her LMR that increases her Mind based on white abilities used from the daily free draw (not sure if this is better than her basic holy damage increase one). Game wants me to use Rem apparently. Which I do since I have her Sync and AASB.

Farming the third Battle square is quite easy and somewhere between 60k and 80k tokens per 20 energy which is pretty efficient to get all the rewards without too much hassel. Some of those negative slots effects are pretty bad (one actually removed a char from battle lol)

20. - Top - End - #290

Very nice! I got Rem’s glint from my festival draw and I then get her LMR that increases her Mind based on white abilities used from the daily free draw (not sure if this is better than her basic holy damage increase one). Game wants me to use Rem apparently. Which I do since I have her Sync and AASB.

Farming the third Battle square is quite easy and somewhere between 60k and 80k tokens per 20 energy which is pretty efficient to get all the rewards without too much hassel. Some of those negative slots effects are pretty bad (one actually removed a char from battle lol)
    Thanks!

And wowza, that’s a stacked Rem.

Edit: whoa. 2 more pulls got me Cloud sync.

Edit edit: whoa. 1 more pull got me Minwu sync. I went from 5 to 8 today.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-09-25 at 11:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Seconding this. With a halfway decent setup - not even a highly-tuned one - I was able to auto the third on Rigged Slots. About two or three runs and I was able to clear out the shop of more or less everything.

I skipped most of the LotR draws. Very few Syncs and too overloaded. Did pull on X, VII, and IV though. Got junk.
    Well, here's my dilemma - it's a bargain. That's what I keep coming back to. A Fest banner is 50 mythril for G5 - that is, at least one relic of at least 5-star value. A LotR is 5 mythril for G5. Sure, it may not be much good - it may not even be an Awakening - but for the same price as a single Fest pull, you are getting at least ten relics. That's ten for the price of one. The value is just staggering. Especially with SBs now upgrading, that's potentially massive. So as you can see, it's hugely tempting for me.

On the other terrifying gnarled talon, though, you're right, there's a lot of chaff on the LotRs. At best, most of them have one or two Chains, and/or one or two Awakenings. (But note that there are Syncs on IV, VI, VII, VIII, X, XIII, and XV.) Let's compare that with the content of the Fest banners, shall we?

Spoiler: Spoilered For Convenience
    Show
    • Banner 1: Sync for Zidane (Wind), Edge (Water/Fire/Lightning, NIN), Rosa (WHT); Limit Overstrike for Edge; Limit Glint for Zidane and Palom; Awakening for Edge (NIN), Palom (Lightning), King (Lightning), Eiko (WHT/SUM), and Quina (SUP); Glint+ for Zidane, Edge, and Quina.
    • Banner 2: Sync for Rydia (Water), Vincent (Fire), and Shadow (Dark); Limit Overstrike for Rydia; Limit Glint for Locke and Minwu; Awakening for Shadow (Dark), Minwu (WHT), and Dr. Mog (Water); Limit Chain for Shadow (Dark); USB for Vincent; Glint+ for Rydia, Vincent, and Shadow.
    • Banner 3: Sync for Tidus (Water), Terra (Wind), Ramza (KNT), and Alphinaud (WHT/SUM); Limit Overstrike for Bartz; Limit Glint for Tidus and Snow; Awakening for Bartz (SPB, but really Water), Edward (BRD), Terra (Wind), and Vivi (Ice/Lightning); USB for Alphinaud; Glint+ for Terra and Tidus.
    • Banner 4: Sync for Red XIII (Earth), Gladiolus (Earth), and Orran (WHT/BRD); Limit Overstrike for Noctis; Limit Glint for Krile and Kefka; Awakening for Orran (WHT/BRD), Krile (Fire/Earth), Kefka (DRK), and Red XIII (Earth); Limit Chain for Gladiolus (Earth); Glint+ for Gladiolus, Orran, and Krile.
    • Banner 5: Sync for RAIJIN CID (Holy/KNT), Tyro (Any), and Sephiroth (DRK); Limit Overstrike for Terra; Awakening for Yuffie (Earth), Ignis (Fire), Basch (Holy/Fire), and Kuja (DRK); Limit Chains for Basch (Holy) and Kuja (Dark); Glint+ for RAIJIN CID, Sephiroth, Terra, and Basch.

So, let's review.

Banner 1 gets us mostly Lightning with some Wind. Zidane and Edge are particularly good for fast damage. Banner 2 is something of a mix of elements, with a slight emphasis on Water and Dark. There's another Rydia Sync for those who didn't get the first one, but this banner does have a USB on it. Banner 3 has a slight focus on Water, but again watch out for the USB. Banner 4 has a noticeable focus on Earth, and also Orran's Sync and Awakening, which are pretty potent. Also, it features a Limit Chain, but unlike Banner 2, no USB to spook you. And Banner 5 is mostly Holy, and has two Limit Chains and no USBs, but it also skips out on the Limit Glint.

To be honest... the prizes on these banners are super appealing. Even if you only get one on-banner relic per pull, you're guaranteed at least a Glint+ (except on Banners 2 and 3). And they're pretty solid. I could see skipping the LotRs - or at least most of them - to try my luck on these.

Speaking of trying my luck, it's time for another Autumn Fest ticket! Two disco balls, both new, which is nice. Zeid's Glint+, which is a thing for a character that exists, and Kimahri's Instant Suicide Arcane, which is a thing for people who loathe Kimahri but want to be productive with their hate. Neat.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

So is this the fest that also gives us the “spend 500 mithril and guarantee a pull for sometjing at the end?”

23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Next one.

I think King's awakening might be enough to say this last batch of draws was worth it, but still a lot more quantity than quality.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, folks, first Fest banner is up, and having made one pull on it, I believe my decision to forego the LotR pulls in favor of Fest is already yielding positive results. Three disco balls!
    • Quina's Glint+: An instant source of Regenga is excellent. One that costs 0 SB is even better. This is great.
    • Palom's Awakening: Awoken Lightning mode is great. Adding reduced cast time is even better. Causing Lightning abilities to boost the user's Lightning attack level is even better than that. This is an awesome Awakening and I might have to reconfigure a few teams just to fit it in.
    • That's no disco ball! Edge's Limit Break Overflow: Deals four Overflow Water/Fire/Lightning attacks, either PHY with 100% crit ignoring DEF or NIN ignoring RES, depending on user's stats.

This is my first Limit Break, and that alone makes this pull a win. Adding a solid Glint+ and an excellent Awakening? Bonus.

Today is a good day.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, My pull of the fest was disappointing. 1/11 King AASB.

It'll be okay for T0 Torment/Dreambreaker but otherwise he's never going to compete with my already overloaded lightning team.

Steam Profile

26. - Top - End - #296

Huh...

Wasn't going to pull at all. But wowza, as Red Fel said, that's a nice banner.

Did 2 pulls. First got me 2x Rosa Sync, second got me Edge Sync, King AASB, Porom Limit Glint.

Apparently Edge Sync is really good. 3 Elements, phy or mag. I'd consider it and Zidane Sync the grand prizes of the banner. Yay.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

So I got Edge’s Sync which is a great boost since I use him in a bunch of teams. The tri-element is super nice. Though maybe Im missing something but Im not sure how to actually exploit the lightning aspect. Swift bolt is the only lightning Ninja skill at its 3*.

Also got Zidane’s limit break glint. Not really sure what to do with this since I dont have anything else for Zidane.

28. - Top - End - #298

So I got Edge’s Sync which is a great boost since I use him in a bunch of teams. The tri-element is super nice. Though maybe Im missing something but Im not sure how to actually exploit the lightning aspect. Swift bolt is the only lightning Ninja skill at its 3*.

Also got Zidane’s limit break glint. Not really sure what to do with this since I dont have anything else for Zidane.
    100% make Edge’s Hero Ability, Ninjutsu. It’s made for his Sync.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

100% make Edge’s Hero Ability, Ninjutsu. It’s made for his Sync.
    There is a reddit thread on this exact point. Of note is the "best case scenario" when using his HA as C1 with his Sync. Short answer, 21 hits - six hits from C1, another six hits from W-Cast, six hits from the HA, and three hits from his LMR2 - all enjoying an En-Element boost. It's insane. The post also notes that while this damage isn't piercing, the modifiers on it are so high that it almost doesn't matter.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Ah that makes a lot of sense! Was wondering on the next HA. This makes it a no brainer. Thanks!

Question regarding multi elemental abilities. If I use Edges HA against a lightning weak enemy, do I still get a boost to the ability it I have gear that gives something like “minor boost to fire” ?
    Last edited by Chen; 2020-09-27 at 11:20 AM.