New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Yeah... not doing another Realm/Elemental pull. Did 4 pulls (FFVIIx2, Earth, and FFX)

Both VII pulls and the X pull were 1/11 Rainbow. The Earth pull was 3/11 1 Disco, 2 Rainbow - all dupes (Disco was Galuf'd CSB)
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

So the only Overdrive I'm seeing that may be worth it for me is Dark Odin since I haven't completed any of them yet, and I've read it works for ALL the elements. Otherwise it seems way too pricey to use.

Magicite inheritence stones are nice...although I JUST finished my 5* Magicite decks lol. Guess I'll start trying some of the 6* and Dark Odin's next.

Have 4 realm/elemental tickets but I'm not sure where I need them yet, so am holding off on pulling.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    So the only Overdrive I'm seeing that may be worth it for me is Dark Odin since I haven't completed any of them yet, and I've read it works for ALL the elements. Otherwise it seems way too pricey to use.

Magicite inheritence stones are nice...although I JUST finished my 5* Magicite decks lol. Guess I'll start trying some of the 6* and Dark Odin's next.

Have 4 realm/elemental tickets but I'm not sure where I need them yet, so am holding off on pulling.
    Yeah, I'm not personally going to use Overdrive. It's a pay-to-win tactic, and that offends me, but perhaps more importantly I need to save my mythril.

I'm kinda with you on the Inheritance Stones. Also, I think they don't give as big a boost as a fully-leveled 5-star inheritance, so there's that too.

Also, for those still weighing the refreshed Realm/Element banners. Keep in mind that while the banners have been curated, which means more higher-rarity relics, they have also gotten a bit more bloated, which means you're less likely to get that one relic you want. There's no harm in blowing Tickets, but definitely think twice about using mythril. My advice, if a banner would help you generally - say you need more XIV relics or need help with PHY Ifrit - then pull. If what you want is a Sync, or a Chain, or another particular relic, hold off and save mythril for Fests.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah... I’m definitely doing every realm/element 15er. Can’t help it.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Also note the cutoff seems to have been less favorable than the last one, although I think part of that was a different order of XIV etc. over there. As it is Earth seems to think "by Tifa, you meant Machina, right?" and the few others seem to have been "this is new, but not really what I would like for this realm."

And oh yes, Dark Odin now has the % rewards setup, so the last "maybe I can finish him this time" at least got some goodies instead of BEGONE DESECRATOR! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

6. - Top - End - #336

To help you with your realm/elemental pulls, PandaRyu on Reddit made these: realm, elemental

I apparently have the greatest % chance to get a sync/AASB on fire, element-wise, but I gotta think... you're only going to get heal/support AASBs through the realm pulls.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #337

Had 10 tickets saved up, did 5 pulls on XIII ('cause decent probability of getting something decent), at the end got Fang Sync.

And I gotta say, Fang looks really good (already had her AASB). The AASB and Sync seem to go well together. The AASB doesn't give double cast, don't have to worry about not optimal interactions there. Looks like Wind team is going to be Cloud, Fang, Zack.

Beyond that... unsure where to put my tickets. 100% I have enough tech to beat all the 6* magicites, just too lazy to do it.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #338

BardGuy

Ticket wasn't very helpful. Off and on network issues although it seems part of it may have been a printer that seemed in a loop of trying and failing to reconnect. And of course with stuff going on I have had some extra hours.

A little progress on Dark Odin here and there, so much for the thought of being ready for Argent.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's time for Golden Festival! Gift dungeons, feast dungeons, and of course, special pull tickets!

The first ticket wasn't exactly stellar for me - BSB for Krile, USBs for Master and Ricard - but the event also brings with it a nice little batch of missions. Specifically: Burn through a bunch of Magicites, get a bunch of rewards, including Realm/Element tickets. Spent the first of those on FFI, got myself a dupe USB for Garland, LMR for Echo (RIP Mobius), and an Awakening for Matoya. So, pretty good haul, actually.

Enjoy.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #340

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, it's time for Golden Festival! Gift dungeons, feast dungeons, and of course, special pull tickets!

The first ticket wasn't exactly stellar for me - BSB for Krile, USBs for Master and Ricard - but the event also brings with it a nice little batch of missions. Specifically: Burn through a bunch of Magicites, get a bunch of rewards, including Realm/Element tickets. Spent the first of those on FFI, got myself a dupe USB for Garland, LMR for Echo (RIP Mobius), and an Awakening for Matoya. So, pretty good haul, actually.

Enjoy.
    An AASB, nice.

I did my free pull, got Raines AASB. Finally. Wanted that for so long.

Used the rest of my Realm/Elemental stockpile. Fire, II, and XIV had the greatest chance for me of getting an AASB/Sync. Spent them on II, 'cause I like II. Got bunk.

EDIT: Anyone have the link for the mythril counter? I doubt I can make it back up to 500 by the time the stamp thing rolls out, but j/w

Edit edit: dumped all the tickets into II, based on probability. No new AASB or Sync.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-11-12 at 06:17 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    An AASB, nice.

I did my free pull, got Raines AASB. Finally. Wanted that for so long.
    Well, second free pull was likewise disappointing. A dupe of Vayne's Glint+. Don't get me wrong, the Glint+ itself is useful, but still, dupe. Not loving these free pulls.

12. - Top - End - #342

Well, second free pull was likewise disappointing. A dupe of Vayne's Glint+. Don't get me wrong, the Glint+ itself is useful, but still, dupe. Not loving these free pulls.
    Yeah...

Outta all the recent free pulls I’ve done, pretty much only Raines AASB useful.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Third free ticket day! Third disappointment. Arc's AOSB, which is a dupe, and also Arc is just disappointing. And RAIJIN CID's AOSB, which is new but frankly unnecessary, because his Awakening turns him into a murderblender anyway.

Yaaay.

14. - Top - End - #344

Third free ticket day! Third disappointment. Arc's AOSB, which is a dupe, and also Arc is just disappointing. And RAIJIN CID's AOSB, which is new but frankly unnecessary, because his Awakening turns him into a murderblender anyway.

Yaaay.
    Bummer :(

I got Ceodore's AASB. On the one hand, it's new. On the other hand, I don't see using it either my physical Holy or in my IV team...

EDIT: Hrm looking ahead mythril-wise, the next fest (like not the one that just started, should be... around the new year?) has the do-10-pulls-get-a-free-sync mechanic.
    Spoiler: all 10 pulls
    Show

1: 5000 Gysahl Greens
    2: 50 of each 4* Mote
    3: Estinien's [Ice Heart] Dress Record
    4: 50 of each 5* Mote
    5: 1 Artifact Stone
    6: 1 free USB
    7: 10 of each Crystal
    8: 1 free FSB or LMR
    9: 10 of each Crystal
    10: 1 free SASB

The idea (well, my idea) is to do 2 pulls per banner for the 5 banners. 500 blues down the drain, f2p-wise. Looks like we have about 8 events between now and then. Me, I'm down to 26 mythril, notta cold chance I'm getting back up to there. Blargh, why I'd have to do so many of the jank elemental/realm pulls? #regrets

On the other hand... man, I'm just not feeling it. Haven't put like any time or effort into this game beyond the bare minimum lately. Don't think 1 sync choice would make any difference. I lucked into the ones I really wanted.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-11-14 at 03:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Hello there, long time no post, but I'm still there. There's a few things that are distracting me from the game (namely, in order: work, Romancing SaGa Re:univerSe, work, writing, work, and did I mention work?), but I've done a few pulls here and there. Since I've been too distracted to make the tabulation on all I've gotten, I'll go for what I feel is the biggest catch here.

As you may know, one of the last events was FFII, and it caught me by surprise because I have very little buffs on it. Nonetheless, I managed to eke out a victory against SotB Firion and did pretty decently with the main FFII team (Firion, Emperor, Gordon, Minwu, Leon), particularly as I got a few nice things for the latter (Reverse Wall Brave Ultra for one, then his Awakening for the other). So I decided to make a pull on the II Realm Banner, taking advantage of the renovations.

Result? Can't remember what else I got, but I snatched the Realm Chain for II. And, lo and behold, the Realm Chain goes for good ol' Gordon, who as you may imagine, has that penchant for being the game's solitary buffer. So I got a Boostga/Faithga/Hastega for the entire team, alongside Last Stand AND a -ATK/MAG/MND debuff. Fun times.

I've also gained a few other things, such as a rare assortment of Arcane Overstrikes (IIRC, Emperor has one, and Paine has another) and some interesting Awakenings too, but I can't be bothered to remember.

I guess part of why I haven't played is because I feel so bummed that I couldn't do anything against base Odin with my Fire team, which should be the best Elemental Team I can field (good reasons why), plus my Babe hasn't had any luck on banners related to her. However, judging by the current behavior of team Magic Lightning, I *might* attempt Lightning-Weak Odin, if only because it has a rare assortment of things that make it different from the rest:

• Three main damage dealers, one of them using Ninja skills (Ashe, Rapha, Desch)
    • Three characters that can use White Magic to heal (Aphmau, Rapha, Garnet; the latter recently got a boost to 6* WHM, so she can field Curada), plus one that can do some healing with her LMR (Ashe, if it triggers)
    • Two Lightning Wakes with solid buffs (Rapha grants a damage reduction barrier, Desch grants a boost to Lightning damage)
    • Aphmau's BSB grants a decent amount of damage with Command 2 on Activation Mode, so I can heal everyone and boost Chain counter.
    • Desch has Machinist, so Plasma Shock for Imperil Lightning

Judging by this, I *should* be able to fare a bit better against Lit-Weak Odin, but I feel those battles are just TOO much, even with a full assortment of 5* Magicites. And I want at least a full suite of the Prisma-Resist accessories before thinking of tackling the 6* Magicites. We'll see how it fares. (Assuming RS:RS doesn't suck any more of my time. I've gotten good stuff while remaining F2P, and their Gacha has a pity option if you whale on a specific banner, so that's a reason why I'm leaning a lot more on that game.)
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    EDIT: Hrm looking ahead mythril-wise, the next fest (like not the one that just started, should be... around the new year?) has the do-10-pulls-get-a-free-sync mechanic.
    Spoiler: all 10 pulls
    Show

1: 5000 Gysahl Greens
    2: 50 of each 4* Mote
    3: Estinien's [Ice Heart] Dress Record
    4: 50 of each 5* Mote
    5: 1 Artifact Stone
    6: 1 free USB
    7: 10 of each Crystal
    8: 1 free FSB or LMR
    9: 10 of each Crystal
    10: 1 free SASB

The idea (well, my idea) is to do 2 pulls per banner for the 5 banners. 500 blues down the drain, f2p-wise. Looks like we have about 8 events between now and then. Me, I'm down to 26 mythril, notta cold chance I'm getting back up to there. Blargh, why I'd have to do so many of the jank elemental/realm pulls? #regrets

On the other hand... man, I'm just not feeling it. Haven't put like any time or effort into this game beyond the bare minimum lately. Don't think 1 sync choice would make any difference. I lucked into the ones I really wanted.
    A single Sync can make some difference, but then again, so can better relics across the team. And if you can do 10 pulls in a fest, you've probably just gotten that.

Frankly, as great a pity mechanic as it is, it's a pity mechanic for whales. Your typical f2p - such as myself - might save enough for one pull of each banner. Might. Might have enough for one extra pull, or to do LotRs. Your typical f2p, unless they completely ignore all banners between fests, is unlikely to have 500 mythril to blow on a fest.

It's a pity mechanic for whales. And I do not begrudge them that, because whales keep the lights on. But since I know it's not designed for me, I don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    I guess part of why I haven't played is because I feel so bummed that I couldn't do anything against base Odin with my Fire team, which should be the best Elemental Team I can field (good reasons why), plus my Babe hasn't had any luck on banners related to her. However, judging by the current behavior of team Magic Lightning, I *might* attempt Lightning-Weak Odin, if only because it has a rare assortment of things that make it different from the rest:

• Three main damage dealers, one of them using Ninja skills (Ashe, Rapha, Desch)
    • Three characters that can use White Magic to heal (Aphmau, Rapha, Garnet; the latter recently got a boost to 6* WHM, so she can field Curada), plus one that can do some healing with her LMR (Ashe, if it triggers)
    • Two Lightning Wakes with solid buffs (Rapha grants a damage reduction barrier, Desch grants a boost to Lightning damage)
    • Aphmau's BSB grants a decent amount of damage with Command 2 on Activation Mode, so I can heal everyone and boost Chain counter.
    • Desch has Machinist, so Plasma Shock for Imperil Lightning

Judging by this, I *should* be able to fare a bit better against Lit-Weak Odin, but I feel those battles are just TOO much, even with a full assortment of 5* Magicites. And I want at least a full suite of the Prisma-Resist accessories before thinking of tackling the 6* Magicites. We'll see how it fares. (Assuming RS:RS doesn't suck any more of my time. I've gotten good stuff while remaining F2P, and their Gacha has a pity option if you whale on a specific banner, so that's a reason why I'm leaning a lot more on that game.)
    Buddy, I feel you. I still haven't so much as touched an Odin - I'm still at "reasonably competent" on 5-star Magicites - and it feels like I've hit something of a brick wall there. And I'm also pretty distracted by another gacha (Genshin Impact, and it kind of surprises me we don't have a thread for it), so there's only so much time I'm willing to invest in FFRK.

But I haven't quite given up on this spritely little game yet.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

So picked up Serafie’s AASB and Desch’s lightning chain from the festival tickets. That chain is nice for my lightning team. Haven’t really been able to put in the effort to do any Orin’s or 6* magicite yet kinda just spending energy and doing the fest stuff. Maybe I’ll be more motivated to do so in the future.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Buddy, I feel you. I still haven't so much as touched an Odin - I'm still at "reasonably competent" on 5-star Magicites - and it feels like I've hit something of a brick wall there.
    To be honest, the only two headaches were Hecatoncheir and Ark, and I managed to deal with both in a way that I can be more than just reasonably competent. Part of the reason why they were complicated is because Heca is a pain right at the end, whereas Magical Holy lacks enough firepower to mount a proper offensive against Ark. Everyone else has gotten to a point that I'm powerful enough to beat them.

However, the issue with Odin is its Rage mechanic. Damage boost and damage mitigation for Odin just scales up too fast for comfort, and even with a hybrid team that should exploit the advantages of both sides (Physical Chain for ATK boost, Onion for Faithga and eventually DD, Balthier for effective Imperil, Terra for outright devastating damage and a healer for the heck of it), I can't seem to keep up. Which is a shame, because Odin is basically a warm-up for 6* Magicites, which are the endgame content right now besides the Dreambreakers.

And I'm also pretty distracted by another gacha (Genshin Impact, and it kind of surprises me we don't have a thread for it), so there's only so much time I'm willing to invest in FFRK.

But I haven't quite given up on this spritely little game yet.
    I'd be surprised if RSRS does get a thread here. SaGa games aren't as popular. Though...it's a shame, because the way the characters develop is pretty unique.

Rather than pull for weapons OR characters, in RSRS you basically pull for "classes" (i.e., Styles) The good thing about each style is that, once you get one, your stats are shared by all Styles of the same character you get. Obviously you want SS classes, but there's benefits to working with A Styles and S Styles:
    • For one, maximum stat growth in A Styles is higher than in SS styles. It's complicated because of how SaGa develops characters (raising each stat individually; I.e., with every fight, you have a chance to boost STR, DEX, AGI, END, etc.; that also includes HP). Since stats are really what matters (equipment is second), an A style can be moderately competitive, and with a much higher stat limit, it's possible to end up with a higher stat than if you raised the character through SS Styles only.
    • A Styles and S Styles learn their own kind of spells and techniques, which you can then Inherit to another style. This is important because, sometimes, a Style gets a huge benefit from an A Style or S Style spell or tech.
    • Sometimes, A Styles and S Styles have a set of passive abilities that make it worthwhile.

That said, the game is pretty generous in terms of SS Style acquisition, and only a few can be considered duds - and in fact, you get one of the best healers in the game essentially for free, and one of the best crowd control casters by grinding. Meta-defining units are, of course, what you're aiming for, but for the most part you can do pretty well with an assortment of SS characters with the right moves. The metagame of character development is what makes the game interesting, but also because it's a nostalgia trip. (FYI, it's technically a sequel to Romancing SaGa 3, but with a "parallel worlds" event, where the ending of RS3 pretty much forces a worlds merger.) So yeah; you can imagine why it's becoming a time sink.

And yet, I just did the FF7 Record Dungeon with the Keeper, Elarra, Biggs and Wedge and it hit on the feels so hard, it makes it worth it. So I agree; not abandoning this game so far. (Good pulls for my Babe, or maybe the THUNDER GOD SYNC could help!)
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

19. - Top - End - #349

BardGuy

Got most of book of gold done last night; not much from the tickets. The actual fest ones have been better.

As far as Dark Odin:

Thunder is close but needs a bit more. Most of what's lensable for my team would be little more than +stats though.
    Ice I seem to be really dependent on Snow to keep everybody going.

I should probably take a crack at it with my other teams but haven't really had time. Maybe if tonight is slow.

20. - Top - End - #350

BardGuy

I guess I need a bit more depth (or really, for Rosa to get something more current than USB1) for IV to really make ground. But it can wait for a couple days as I still need to work on II, use the fest dungeon tickets etc.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Confession Time:

I kind of quit playing and uninstalled. And it's looking to be permanent this time. Was looking at the WOdin thread and.. it's just not appealing. None of the end game fights are appealing. I've still got 6* magicites to beat and I just don't have the drive to do them.

Add in some really crappy pulls (1 whole AASB from the 6 free tickets, and 22 tickets between the earth and FFVII banners to get... Cloud Sync and Cait Sith AASB. Rest were dupes or Glints/LMRs) and the enjoyment has run it's course.

Best of luck to all and may RNG favor you more than it has me.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Confession Time:

I kind of quit playing and uninstalled. And it's looking to be permanent this time. Was looking at the WOdin thread and.. it's just not appealing. None of the end game fights are appealing. I've still got 6* magicites to beat and I just don't have the drive to do them.

Add in some really crappy pulls (1 whole AASB from the 6 free tickets, and 22 tickets between the earth and FFVII banners to get... Cloud Sync and Cait Sith AASB. Rest were dupes or Glints/LMRs) and the enjoyment has run it's course.

Dang...

I know White/Argent Odin can be ruthless, but a player fun-killer?

Anyways - if it feels more like a chore than a game, quitting can be the right choice. (Doesn't mean you don't have to hang out with us - putative enjoyment of the game can be as fun as playing it, if it means you don't have to suffer the hassle of getting beaten all the time.)

Consider all the free time you'll be getting. You can read a book with all of that time. (Or write it! Then again, I'm kinda writing while balancing three games, which has taken all of my Switch-playing time...) Find a new hobby. Or...maybe play another mobile game? (Fel's on Genshin Impact, I'm on RomaSaga Re:Universe which is definitely pushing all my FFRK buttons; still doing the Record Dungeons which are fun to watch, particularly that soul-wrenching experience of seeing the first chapter of FFT through the eyes of the Keeper, only to see Elarra basically pulling off a MMX Zero* - for someone who's essentially a young girl, that's definitely warped up.

But hey: you do you. Good luck on your future endeavors.

*: Essentially, Elarra goes "what am I fighting foooooooor!?" after watching all the stuff that happens on the second half of the first chapter of FFT. Just waiting to see if she'll go on an existential crisis after seeing the other chapters. And the Keeper's all "yeah, we doin' alright", but secretly goes "am I doing the right thing?". Existential, man, existential...
    On Lawful Good:

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Confession Time:

Yeah man. I feel ya.

I haven't done anything beyond what I consider the "minimum" in a long time. iirc we beat our first 2 6*s quite some time ago, and since then it's just been autoing through daily dungeons and events. Also haven't spent any money, stopped doing the $1/banner stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #354

BardGuy

Interesting. I kind of have the opposite in that I'm trying not to burn lenses on minor/situational boosts but the tickets seem to be throwing everything except what I could use right now.

I seem to be losing ground on Odin but I think it's because of running into the "gains rage at % HP" faster.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-11-25 at 11:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355

Ya know, I send I'm doing the minimum effort, but I do maintain my spreadsheet and set my phone to auto grind out magia. On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being daily login and 10 being attempting all new content, I'm probably at a 3.

Edge is currently at 504 magia. Lightning, Water, Fire, attack, magic, check. I guess hp, res, def, mind could help.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #356

BardGuy

It's been a weird morning as I seem to keep getting connection errors but Team Ice was able to punch out Odin this time. Honestly I had to go to a mix of my 4* and 5* "TANKsgiving" teams.

Snow- everything including a frozen over kitchen sink, but particularly late putting up USB1 for the radiant shield.
    Noctis- Frostfire shenanigans and the occasional Icebound to break Haste, Armiger as both desperation rage break and a bit more staying power. Once it goes into all power mode he goes ham with everything left
    Steiner- Beef. Mostly his glint with some slight utility in USB2.
    Laguna- chain x imperil spam
    Elarra- heal spam
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-11-26 at 02:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    It's been a weird morning as I seem to keep getting connection errors but Team Ice was able to punch out Odin this time. Honestly I had to go to a mix of my 4* and 5* "TANKsgiving" teams.

Snow- everything including a frozen over kitchen sink, but particularly late putting up USB1 for the radiant shield.
    Noctis- Frostfire shenanigans and the occasional Icebound to break Haste, Armiger as both desperation rage break and a bit more staying power. Once it goes into all power mode he goes ham with everything left
    Steiner- Beef. Mostly his glint with some slight utility in USB2.
    Laguna- chain x imperil spam
    Elarra- heal spam
    Grats!

I lucked into Desch AASB on first Black Friday ticket.

Also got Elarra to 400 magia (my goal for all my healers, Def Res Mnd HP).

Edit: 2nd free pull got me Pecil AASB. Nice.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-11-27 at 11:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358

BardGuy

Holy team needs some tinkering. Mixed actually seems to do better due to Rem but Yuna is just kind of there once she uses chain/glint. Ramza would be simpler but similarly feels like he needs to be faster/stronger. Cecil would free up some things but he still lags in damage and even with his board lacks the Mind to help much with healing.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

No Black Friday draw ticket, but speaking of Physical Holy teams, I kinda lucked out on a specific something.

See, I already got Paladin!Cecil's basic Holy chain, and I also got Ramza's Gen 2 Chain. I also got a group - the Brothers of Pain - which is essentially comprised of a bunch of Knights (THUNDER GOD, Basch, Genocide Kid, Ramza, Paladin!Cecil) whose main schtick is that they're all front-liners with an impressive survival capability between healing (Pally!Cecil's Paladin Wall, coupled with Marche's Nurse and Ramza's Tailwind), several top-of-the-line buffs (Basch's RikkUltra Clone, Ramza with his Chant SSB and USB1 with Insta-Cast) and a decent damage potential (guess who?), topped off with speed-cycling (Marche's USB). Of all of these, the only one that could be said not to pull his weight in combat is Basch, as once he uses his USB to provide ProShellHastega + BoostFaithga, he's kinda relegated to adding to the chain.

Well, guess which other Holy Chain I got? Basch's insta-cast Gen 2.5 Holy Chain (99 hit maximum, Holy Atk. Level +2), meaning I got virtually all Holy Chains (Pally!Cecil Gen 0, Warrior of Light Gen 1, Ramza Physical Gen 2, Edward Magical Gen 2, Basch Physical Gen 2.5). If I wanted, I could field a team only with Holy chain holders, and I could do impressive wonders with it (Cecil heals and provides Last Stand, O'Light provides Holy Radiant Shield and IC1, Ramza provides IC1 and +Crit damage, Spoony Bard provides Imperil Holy and debuffs, Basch grants the RikkUltra clone).

Does this say something about Holy-focused characters? (Kinda like how Lightning-focused characters are mostly survivalists?)
    On Lawful Good:

30. - Top - End - #360

BardGuy

Thusrday errands ended up taking quite a bit longer than planned but after getting back in time I pulled the new IV realm chain and some of Kain's upgrades. Friday I left in a bit too much of a hurry so I didn't get a chance to try them out on my lunch break.

XI is interesting in that it's the newest stuff in a realm that tends to not get much focus but that's also the drawback.