New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Thusrday errands ended up taking quite a bit longer than planned but after getting back in time I pulled the new IV realm chain and some of Kain's upgrades. Friday I left in a bit too much of a hurry so I didn't get a chance to try them out on my lunch break.

XI is interesting in that it's the newest stuff in a realm that tends to not get much focus but that's also the drawback.
    Coolio. I got Rosa Glint+ recently, welcome addition.

Also auto'd the XI 450 Torment a few times. Close one.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

So after a few "I thought I had him for sure this time" on Odin I went and tried Leviathan just to see if anything made a real difference.

Physical team actually did pretty decent, not quite halfway. Possibly as simple as going all-in with Kain but of course, the update for Prompto isn't that far away and could at the very least make him a ridiculous chain builder.

Magic team had it much rougher. I did luck into Garnet's chain with the ticket but I think I need a lot more firepower to seriously make it past 10%.

3. - Top - End - #363

So after a few "I thought I had him for sure this time" on Odin I went and tried Leviathan just to see if anything made a real difference.

Physical team actually did pretty decent, not quite halfway. Possibly as simple as going all-in with Kain but of course, the update for Prompto isn't that far away and could at the very least make him a ridiculous chain builder.

Magic team had it much rougher. I did luck into Garnet's chain with the ticket but I think I need a lot more firepower to seriously make it past 10%.
    Physical sounds promising.

For pretty much all my Elements (maybe all???), my physical team is way better. Not that I really pull for physical, just works out that way.

The more I look... only my Earth magic is considerably better (thanks to Rydia and Nanaki syncs). Beyond that, Edge covers 3 Elements really well, phy and mag... but that's not exactly a win for mag, so to speak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, folks. LotR is back, starting again with T-0. Before you dive in, remember that we expect a Fest in late December. So if you're thinking of saving... you know, do that.

As for me, T-0 is still a weak realm, so I'm gonna take my shot here. Survey says: one disco ball, Cater's AOSB. So that's something, at least.

... think I'd better save for Fest.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Alright, folks. LotR is back, starting again with T-0. Before you dive in, remember that we expect a Fest in late December. So if you're thinking of saving... you know, do that.

As for me, T-0 is still a weak realm, so I'm gonna take my shot here. Survey says: one disco ball, Cater's AOSB. So that's something, at least.

... think I'd better save for Fest.
    Samesies man. LotR is so diluted nowadays. Not going to bother.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #366

BardGuy

Lack of the goodies from last fest hurts. FFT was useful, 0 not so much. I think I might just let certain realms sit pending the next update.

Similarly the water chocobo is at an interesting time, I could use most of those but with fest looming, getting stocking stuffers for my work friends etc.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

It has taken a lot of self-control, but I've been holding off on the LotRs since that first one. And it seems the game decided to reward me. Today's daily freebie, Quistis' Realm Chain.

On the one hand, super stoked for a Realm Chain. Those are crazy good. On the other... I already have a highly capable caster for VIII, her name is Rinoa and she has real SBs, thank you. I can consistently Master the high-difficulty VIII Torment with my current, non-Quistis team and the freebie realm chain RW. Still can't clear the Dreambreaker, but I'm not entirely convinced that Quistis will change that.

So, yay, but also... eh?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #368

It has taken a lot of self-control, but I've been holding off on the LotRs since that first one. And it seems the game decided to reward me. Today's daily freebie, Quistis' Realm Chain.

On the one hand, super stoked for a Realm Chain. Those are crazy good. On the other... I already have a highly capable caster for VIII, her name is Rinoa and she has real SBs, thank you. I can consistently Master the high-difficulty VIII Torment with my current, non-Quistis team and the freebie realm chain RW. Still can't clear the Dreambreaker, but I'm not entirely convinced that Quistis will change that.

So, yay, but also... eh?
    Nice! I like Quistis. Pulled after her relics a few times, big ol' disappointment.

In other news, Sephiroth is the new DLC for Smash Ultimate. Got a new main (well, sorta, I'm not good with him yet).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #369

BardGuy

Quistis has interesting stuff but tends to be relegated to support particularly in-realm. Out of realm she has more variety than Quina but maybe not as good as pure "buffs and anti debuffs"

LOTR so far has seemed to be a mix of not terribly interesting dupes (although with the lab update I suppose more lenses outweighs that anyway) and new Awakenings.

10. - Top - End - #370

Hmm, so...

There's be a Legend Materia/Glint lucky draw that I skipped.

Then an AOSB lucky draw that I skipped.

Dunno about the AASB lucky draw. Honestly, I think I'm better off spending on fest banners.

Speaking of which, up to 267 mythril. Even with all the free mythril from the fest, prob not enough for the 10-total-pull-free-Sync thing though. But... I have the one Sync that I would've selected, Claire's.

Progress-wise, I stagnated so bad (as many of you have). Good news, when we do get in gear, clearing content should be a lot easier.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #371

BardGuy

X torment-
    Tidus is full on attack mode to get sync and spam that all day.
    Rikku's awakening was a lot of help in the barrier and she actually did pretty sizable damage while it's up.
    Yuna has to make due with her old USB1, a couple glints and Curada.
    Auron made good use of Omega Drive and USB1 to eat some of the chainspells
    Don't have anything really relevant for Paine but she can carry Healing Smite and Stormspell. Her HA is basically a water version of Beatrix so I may have to consider throwing stuff at her.

Sin is ridiculously tanky but the same setup got a 10%.

12. - Top - End - #372

X torment-
    Tidus is full on attack mode to get sync and spam that all day.
    Rikku's awakening was a lot of help in the barrier and she actually did pretty sizable damage while it's up.
    Yuna has to make due with her old USB1, a couple glints and Curada.
    Auron made good use of Omega Drive and USB1 to eat some of the chainspells
    Don't have anything really relevant for Paine but she can carry Healing Smite and Stormspell. Her HA is basically a water version of Beatrix so I may have to consider throwing stuff at her.

Sin is ridiculously tanky but the same setup got a 10%.
    Dreambreaker?

10%, real nice.

The banners are upon us. 10 10-pulls -> select a Sync.

Thoughts on banners?

Man, why did I have to blow 200 mythril(ish) when the realm/element banners refreshed? As-is I'm at like 300, won't get to that 500 in time.

But... man, ignoring the "free" Sync, I'm not sure I have enough interest to do 10 pulls.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Dreambreaker?

10%, real nice.

The banners are upon us. 10 10-pulls -> select a Sync.

Thoughts on banners?

Man, why did I have to blow 200 mythril(ish) when the realm/element banners refreshed? As-is I'm at like 300, won't get to that 500 in time.

But... man, ignoring the "free" Sync, I'm not sure I have enough interest to do 10 pulls.
    Yeah, the 10-pull reward is basically a whale exclusive. My goal is to have enough to do one pull on each banner.

Which I started tonight. First banner, 2/11, both new Syncs - Tifa and Seifer. Super stoked about that.

Then I did the first of the Glory Fest draws and got two dupe USBs. So, okay, it was fun while it lasted.

As an aside, they brought the Crystal Tower back for this event and... Sheesh. Keep in mind that, on Hard mode, you get increasing buffs for how many you've beaten, so you definitely want to save the worst for last. Because... wow, this guy's so beefy even his Petaflare is tough.

14. - Top - End - #374

Yeah, the 10-pull reward is basically a whale exclusive. My goal is to have enough to do one pull on each banner.

Which I started tonight. First banner, 2/11, both new Syncs - Tifa and Seifer. Super stoked about that.

Then I did the first of the Glory Fest draws and got two dupe USBs. So, okay, it was fun while it lasted.

As an aside, they brought the Crystal Tower back for this event and... Sheesh. Keep in mind that, on Hard mode, you get increasing buffs for how many you've beaten, so you definitely want to save the worst for last. Because... wow, this guy's so beefy even his Petaflare is tough.
    Grats on the pull!

Man I dunno. I totes would have enough if I didn’t squander my blues earlier. And 2 pulls per banner seems totally reasonable.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

You underestimate the amount of people that don't spend mithril outside fests and highly prizes banners (Ala Cloud USB, Lightning/Noctis Syncs).

500 mithril is nothing to a lot of players.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    You underestimate the amount of people that don't spend mithril outside fests and highly prizes banners (Ala Cloud USB, Lightning/Noctis Syncs).

500 mithril is nothing to a lot of players.
    Yeah I was trying to say that...

Anyway. I did indeed do 2 pulls on banner 1. Only 1 7* (Noctis LBO) and 1 other dupe. What do I get? A new AASB, a new USB, and the LBO dupe. Rats.

EDIT: Auto'd my way through all but the last of the Crystal Tower battles. Having those Torment auto parties is really handy. Looks like I'll need to do the last one manually though.

Edit edit: beat Bahamut Sin. Most fun I’ve had in a while.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-12-31 at 09:20 AM.

17. - Top - End - #377

BardGuy

For me it involved letting some stuff pass or get delayed and of course, quite a bit of luck on what I actually did aim at.

I've already gone for #1 due to needing more Earth stuff after last fest was mixed. Tifa helps. I also got Shadow's chain. I should probably think about Gladio's chain but honestly I probably needed the sync from the last fest more.

#2 for Orran and Ashe. I suppose Rinoa's chain would be an upgrade as I barely got her old one in the BF draws. I found "Yuffie isn't good for Phoenix" to be overblown but I think she has a lot more competition now.

#3 for holy knights, Vivi, and even OK. I suppose Bartz could help too The limit glints are on a much stronger group this time (with Locke being the only repeat).

4- Vaan is really strong. Estinien gets some modern upgrades. But the rest is kind of iffy. I certainly could use help on XI DB but I'm not sure Aphmau is the solution there.

5 is a grab bag.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Second verse, not quite as good as the first. Plus side, fancy glowy ball. Minus side, just the one, and it's Yuffie's LBO. What is it with me getting LBOs for ninjas?

Ain't bad, but ain't swell.

19. - Top - End - #379

Second verse, not quite as good as the first. Plus side, fancy glowy ball. Minus side, just the one, and it's Yuffie's LBO. What is it with me getting LBOs for ninjas?

Ain't bad, but ain't swell.
    Had 200 blues. Stuff I wanted. Went all in.

1st pull, 2 Vanille syncs. Not bad.
    2nd pull, 2 Yuffie LBOs. Hrm.
    In a fit of rage...
    3rd pull, 2 USB dupes. Ouch.
    4th pull, 1 single disco. Orran AASB.

Now I have a complete Orran. And he has like 400 magia, and he's fully dived, have his HA up to rank 4. Time to hone up his AASB at least, slap him on probably literally every single physical elemental team (or at least I read he's a WOdin counter, not there yet though).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #380

BardGuy

So the stamp selects have an issue, apparently they triggered when banner 1 closed so quite a few people got random relics sent to them instead of the selection still being open like they should until b5 ends. Decent chance of extra stuff for everybody but yeah, be wary of some possible complications.

21. - Top - End - #381

So the stamp selects have an issue, apparently they triggered when banner 1 closed so quite a few people got random relics sent to them instead of the selection still being open like they should until b5 ends. Decent chance of extra stuff for everybody but yeah, be wary of some possible complications.
    Ahhhh interesting. I noticed I got an extra relic (some armor, I forget) in the inbox... wondered what the source was.

Personal time is a bit of an issue, but I'm feeling like continuing progression. Did Titan and Ramuh, Leviathan next. Should be not bad, have Prompto CSB and AASB, Claire Sync (but no AASB), Kain AASB and Sync, Orran complete kit, and a buncha other healer options, or maybe Tyro AASB for enhanced deeps but I don't think Orran can solo heal.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

And third is up. Not my best. Terra's Limit Glint and Bartz's Glint+. I mean, they're not terrible; Terra is part of my Fire MAG team, and I'm pretty sure Bartz is in my Fire PHY team, so these are useful. But with everything on this banner - two Dyads, three Syncs and two Awakenings - it feels like these are basically the bottom of the barrel.

I gave it some thought. I have enough for three more pulls. That gets me the USB choice, which is... not terrible, by any means, but hardly meta anymore. I don't want to spare this banner a second pull. I also don't think banner 4 deserves a second. Banner 5 is tempting, with its collection of realm chains, or I could try banner 2 again. Or I could spend on the LotRs. Honestly... I'm inclined to wait it out and try banner 5 twice. See how that goes. But so far, Fest is kind of a meh experience - started off great, swiftly skidded downhill.

23. - Top - End - #383

And third is up. Not my best. Terra's Limit Glint and Bartz's Glint+. I mean, they're not terrible; Terra is part of my Fire MAG team, and I'm pretty sure Bartz is in my Fire PHY team, so these are useful. But with everything on this banner - two Dyads, three Syncs and two Awakenings - it feels like these are basically the bottom of the barrel.

I gave it some thought. I have enough for three more pulls. That gets me the USB choice, which is... not terrible, by any means, but hardly meta anymore. I don't want to spare this banner a second pull. I also don't think banner 4 deserves a second. Banner 5 is tempting, with its collection of realm chains, or I could try banner 2 again. Or I could spend on the LotRs. Honestly... I'm inclined to wait it out and try banner 5 twice. See how that goes. But so far, Fest is kind of a meh experience - started off great, swiftly skidded downhill.
    Yeah man I feel ya. I got WoL Limit Glint.

On the one hand, that makes my WoL complete except for his sync. Which will also get him on team phy Holy. On the other hand... yeah, not what I was hoping for.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

So, fun fact, the festival ticket pool includes Syncs.

I know this, because now I have Terra's. So that's pretty neat, honestly.

25. - Top - End - #385

So, fun fact, the festival ticket pool includes Syncs.

I know this, because now I have Terra's. So that's pretty neat, honestly.
    Grats!

I got to 50 mythril again. Pulled. Got Pecil dyad. Already have his AASB. Pleased.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder how many people here pulled on Banner 4. What is it with fourth banners usually being the weakest in a given Fest?

Anyway, I did, and I got Vaan's LBO out of it. Because that's what I need - a non-Sync relic for a character who I never used in his own game and never use in this game.

Yaaaay.

27. - Top - End - #387

I wonder how many people here pulled on Banner 4. What is it with fourth banners usually being the weakest in a given Fest?

Anyway, I did, and I got Vaan's LBO out of it. Because that's what I need - a non-Sync relic for a character who I never used in his own game and never use in this game.

Yaaaay.
    My condolences.

If I get enough mythril, yeah I'll pull. I have Zeid AASB and USB, and those 2 alone make him pretty competent (7-hit chase with the USB!!!). I also have Vaan with AASB... but then again, I have Cloud and Bartz already for Wind. Hrm.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

My condolences.

If I get enough mythril, yeah I'll pull. I have Zeid AASB and USB, and those 2 alone make him pretty competent (7-hit chase with the USB!!!). I also have Vaan with AASB... but then again, I have Cloud and Bartz already for Wind. Hrm.
    To be fair, Cloud and Bartz overlap badly for Wind. In fact, Bartz is almost uniformly better for it, depending on your SBs (and whether you decided to get Cloud's HA). Especially since, you know, Bartz has access to 6-star SPBs.

29. - Top - End - #389

To be fair, Cloud and Bartz overlap badly for Wind. In fact, Bartz is almost uniformly better for it, depending on your SBs (and whether you decided to get Cloud's HA). Especially since, you know, Bartz has access to 6-star SPBs.
    Oof. Not to be contrary with one of my e-idols (*winks*), but I've always had 0 overlap for them with their optimal setups based on my relics and abilities.

When I had AASB for them both, it was Cloud AASB1->USB1->RQS repeat, and for Bartz it was AASB1->SSS repeat.

Now I have Syncs too, it goes Cloud Sync1->USB1->alternate between HA and RQS, and for Bartz Sync1->AASB1->alternate between Wind Slash (2* Celerity Wind ability) and HA.

And in both cases Cloud is the higher performer due to his USB1.

Or maybe you mean something that I don't understand.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Oof. Not to be contrary with one of my e-idols (*winks*), but I've always had 0 overlap for them with their optimal setups based on my relics and abilities.

When I had AASB for them both, it was Cloud AASB1->USB1->RQS repeat, and for Bartz it was AASB1->SSS repeat.

Now I have Syncs too, it goes Cloud Sync1->USB1->alternate between HA and RQS, and for Bartz Sync1->AASB1->alternate between Wind Slash (2* Celerity Wind ability) and HA.

And in both cases Cloud is the higher performer due to his USB1.

Or maybe you mean something that I don't understand.
    Well, mostly I'm just talking about ability overlap. Admittedly, I keep forgetting about Cloud's HA solving his problem of Wind SPB access (because RQS, while passable, is still only just). Also, Syncs change things dramatically - the damage focus can come from the Sync command instead of the ability itself. In that situation, yeah, it's a lot cleaner.

In my case, I try to kit people out with the best abilities they can use. Which means that Bartz, being able to use 6-star SPBs, can fit into a Wind team, while Cloud, who doesn't, doesn't. It also means I can't afford a lot of ability overlap - by way of example, my Wind PHY team uses Luneth (with SPB, although he also uses DRG quite well), Gau (CEL), and Zidane (THF). OK brings the Hastega/Boostga, but he can also use Ripping Blast, so he makes the cut. I would swap Bartz in for Luneth, but the latter brings the Wind Chain I need. Alternatively, I could bring Zack in for his Wind Chain, but he functions best with CEL, which cuts out Gau, and I want Gau because he has an Awakening that turns him into a freaking blender.

I will probably have to recalibrate this team at some point. It can take Hecatoncheir, but it hasn't exactly shone against Titan.

So that's where I was coming from. But yes, Syncs do resolve a lot of the issue of ability overlap, as do HAs.