New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, mostly I'm just talking about ability overlap. Admittedly, I keep forgetting about Cloud's HA solving his problem of Wind SPB access (because RQS, while passable, is still only just). Also, Syncs change things dramatically - the damage focus can come from the Sync command instead of the ability itself. In that situation, yeah, it's a lot cleaner.

In my case, I try to kit people out with the best abilities they can use. Which means that Bartz, being able to use 6-star SPBs, can fit into a Wind team, while Cloud, who doesn't, doesn't. It also means I can't afford a lot of ability overlap - by way of example, my Wind PHY team uses Luneth (with SPB, although he also uses DRG quite well), Gau (CEL), and Zidane (THF). OK brings the Hastega/Boostga, but he can also use Ripping Blast, so he makes the cut. I would swap Bartz in for Luneth, but the latter brings the Wind Chain I need. Alternatively, I could bring Zack in for his Wind Chain, but he functions best with CEL, which cuts out Gau, and I want Gau because he has an Awakening that turns him into a freaking blender.

I will probably have to recalibrate this team at some point. It can take Hecatoncheir, but it hasn't exactly shone against Titan.

So that's where I was coming from. But yes, Syncs do resolve a lot of the issue of ability overlap, as do HAs.
    Syncs and HAs aside...

My Cloud using 5* RQS did more damage than my Bartz with 6* SSS.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Syncs and HAs aside...

My Cloud using 5* RQS did more damage than my Bartz with 6* SSS.
    Remind me again, you were pairing Cloud's Awakening with that fun "damage explodes" USB, right? I can see why that would exceed the damage of Bartz's Awakening alone.

I still haven't quite, even after all this time, gotten the knack of setting up a team to trigger multiple SBs on a single character in sequence. By all accounts it's something I really should work on.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Extra stuff for everybody due to banner issues, and they fixed the magicite book too.

Thunder team was able to take out D. Odin this time. I got one of Kain's glints from the fest tickets but otherwise it was pretty much the same setup.

I should probably focus on Odin for the accessories, but at the same time I probably do need to feel out some of the 6* more.

4. - Top - End - #394

Remind me again, you were pairing Cloud's Awakening with that fun "damage explodes" USB, right? I can see why that would exceed the damage of Bartz's Awakening alone.

I still haven't quite, even after all this time, gotten the knack of setting up a team to trigger multiple SBs on a single character in sequence. By all accounts it's something I really should work on.
    Yeah. I'd go LS until sufficient SB gauge, then wait for Elarra USB or something, then AASB->USB1, then RQS away. 2 casts, each cast 4 hits, each hit... maybe 40k or so, changes drastically. Waaaay more damage than Bartz can output. Then when your AASB runs out you do AOSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Extra stuff for everybody due to banner issues, and they fixed the magicite book too.

Thunder team was able to take out D. Odin this time. I got one of Kain's glints from the fest tickets but otherwise it was pretty much the same setup.

I should probably focus on Odin for the accessories, but at the same time I probably do need to feel out some of the 6* more.
    Heck yeah, those 5 Odin accessories are golden. And grats!

And... I was very surprised to get that 50 mythril. I've done 8 pulls so far, now sitting at 79 mythril. 21 more mythril gives me 2 pulls on banner 5 for 10 total, "free" sync select.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

And... I was very surprised to get that 50 mythril. I've done 8 pulls so far, now sitting at 79 mythril. 21 more mythril gives me 2 pulls on banner 5 for 10 total, "free" sync select.
    Yeah, I was surprised too. Enough that I decided to do a second pull on banner 4 - and two on banner 5 when it lands.

Estinien's G+. Serves me right.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

6. - Top - End - #396

Yeah, I was surprised too. Enough that I decided to do a second pull on banner 4 - and two on banner 5 when it lands.

Estinien's G+. Serves me right.
    ouch :(

Well, if you have his AASB, he's really an above average Darkness attacker.

Comically to me... my optimal IV party likely consists of Pecil, Kain, Edge, Rydia, Rosa. How fitting. (Or I could drop likely Kain for Porom, if I need more healz.)

EDIT: Also, I totally forgot they made Pecil a mag (well, mind) attacker too. Handy. Having his AASB and Dyad (but no Sync) puts him on both teams for me.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2021-01-09 at 02:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Final banner! I did my pull, and got two disco balls. First, Quistis' Realm Chain. One of my only dupes on this banner. Next... Quistis' Realm Chain.

That's just cruel.

So I did a second pull, and got one disco and... what are we calling the other ones again? Anyway, Josef's Realm Chain and two copies of Serah's Sync.

I have enough for a third pull - which would get me Glint Select - or to work on the LotRs. I need to figure that out. I also need to figure out what I want from USB Select - thinking Elarra's.

8. - Top - End - #398

Final banner! I did my pull, and got two disco balls. First, Quistis' Realm Chain. One of my only dupes on this banner. Next... Quistis' Realm Chain.

That's just cruel.

So I did a second pull, and got one disco and... what are we calling the other ones again? Anyway, Josef's Realm Chain and two copies of Serah's Sync.

I have enough for a third pull - which would get me Glint Select - or to work on the LotRs. I need to figure that out. I also need to figure out what I want from USB Select - thinking Elarra's.
    That is cruel :(

I have enough for 1 pull. Did it, got the XIV twin AASB. Really, not bad, beefs up my XIV capes.

Almost to another 50. Will be my final pull, get that sync select.

EDIT: Scraped the bottom of the mythril barrel to make my final pull. Got Squall fire sync and Pecil realm CSB. Nice.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2021-01-09 at 11:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

That is cruel :(

I have enough for 1 pull. Did it, got the XIV twin AASB. Really, not bad, beefs up my XIV capes.

Almost to another 50. Will be my final pull, get that sync select.

EDIT: Scraped the bottom of the mythril barrel to make my final pull. Got Squall fire sync and Pecil realm CSB. Nice.
    Decided to spend one more on banner 5 to get that Glint Select. Was not disappointed - two disco balls, Realm Chains for Pencil (IV) and Alisaie (XIV), both new, both needed. Pretty happy about that.

Now I just have three days to choose my USB and Glint+.

Thinking I'll go with Elarra USB1, since it is just so good and I still don't have it. I'm aware that I can get it in Record Lab, but I want to save the lenses. On the other hand, it kind of also depends on where I spend my Glint Select.

For the Glint+/LMR, I could really use shoring up my healer Glint+ suite. I could get Hilda's, since I still need help with my II team; Aria's, same reason but for III; Rosa's, because as awesome as she is I somehow still don't have her Glint+ and that's a problem; Penelo's, because my XII team is somehow still inadequate; or Vanille's, because same for XIII.

... I have some thinking to do. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I just checked, and of the Glint+ I just mentioned, only Aria and Vanille aren't in the Record Lab. And I have Aria's Awakening, and I still haven't mastered D450 III Torment because Arc is the worst. So I'm pretty sure I can replace Arc with Aria if I get that Glint+ (or even without it). On the other hand, my XIII team is badly in need of tech - I think the only Awakening I have is Lightning's, and that's her Holy one, so I don't know whether Vanille's Glint+ will even make a difference there.

I hate deciding.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2021-01-10 at 08:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400

Nice pull!

I’d do selects that are not available in the record lab. Megalixir syndrome?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/kui4pd/help_me_pick_relics_from_the_fest_stamp_selection/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioss mf
    Last edited by danzibr; 2021-01-10 at 10:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401

BardGuy

We should be getting some lenses tomorrow as one of the last parts of the maintenance update.

Similarly at least for Torments, I could see going for Elarra even with the offrealm penalty.

For me it would probably end up

Iris
    free meter ones for chain holders

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

New Year event over, so what did I do between the change of date?

Well, I wanted a specific someone's relic which was only on Banner 3, so I pulled specifically on Banner 3. Four times. The experience has taught me one thing, and one thing alone.

It has taught me the power of a 9* item, because I got the same item FOUR times. Three guesses as to which, and none counts because I'll tell you anyways. That said: 13/44, obviously ALL DISCOS, and six MEGA SPECIAL DISCOS!!

• Paladin Cecil's Durandal! This is his Arcane Dyad, which is the newest form of powercreep set around. The idea is this: you activate the Arcane Dyad first, which is like a Glint+ in that it costs nothing, and it sets up an Arcane Dyad Mode in which you get a massive boost to damage with attacks you make for a short time, including BDL 1. After a while, you can activate the second stage of the Arcane Dyad, which works as an Arcane Overstrike that deals increased damage based on how many times you made attacks within that Arcane Dyad Mode. Pally!Cecil's version is, unsurprisingly, meant to reinforce his idea of dealing holy damage. Innate 7*, +Holy, so it's a nice weapon. Also, got two of these.
    • Fem!Cloud's Brass Falcon...! Yaaaaay... This is her Holy Sync, which...as you can expect, works for Holy attacks, meaning when she dabbles as a Knight. Looks weird for being a Gunblade. Also...I got this damn item FOUR TIMES, and the last one it was the only item I got!
    • Onion Knight's Ashura Shinuichi!! This is his Physical Awakening - namely, infinite uses of Celerity, Thief and Ninja skills, a party boost (in this case, 100% Crit chance), doublecast Celerity, Thief and Ninja skills, and BDL 1. Basically, completing his ability to do either physical or magical damage. This means he'll work wonders with Earth, Water or Dark teams (because of Ninja skills), or even Wind and Lightning skills (because of Celerity and Thief). Note, though, that it doesn't work with his HA; it does work with one of his innate LMs, though.
    • Warrior of Light's Genji Glove! This is his Limit Break Glint, which consumes one of those Limit Break Gauges and grants EnHoly to everyone in the team. This is fantastic as, if you may have noticed, it makes for a solid anchor to a Holy Physical team, in particular since it grants the effect without consuming your SB Gauge. Not too bad! Also; got twice.
    • Locke's Zwill Blade! This is his Limit Break Glint+, which grants all allies EnFire. No +Fire, though, so meh on the weapon itself.

As for the Ticket Draws? I'd say I got lucky. Very lucky. Insanely lucky, I'd say. No new relic for Babe, sadly, but I got some nice stuff nonetheless:
    • Prompto's Mythril Pistol. +Lightning gun, Lightning Wake for the feller. Good for Physical Lightning Team, particuarly when it has the kind of Laguna/Balthier combination that makes him such a good Imperiller.
    • Vaan's Genji Shield! This is his second Wake, which is...uh, slightly different from his first one? Alright, let's not get hot with it; it's basically another version of his original Wake, except it replaces the chaser for something else.
    • Gladiolus' Force Stealer! This is his Arcane Overstrike, in case it's not that obvious.
    • Reno's Gold Rod! Again, Arcane Overstrike, except dealing Lightning damage.
    • Lenna's Rainbow Dress! This is her WHM Sync, which grants QC2 and a boost to healing received. First Sync Command is an IC Curada-level heal, second is a mini-Medica.
    • Basch's Captain's Vest! This is the Gen 3 Holy Chain, the one that has a limit of 99 but grants Boostga + Holy Attack Lv. 2 and is cast instantly? Good times, good times...
    • Larsa's Joyeuse! This is his Healing Wake, which works similarly to Yuna's in that it has a Raise/Last Stand/Haste combo, but adds his characteristic Astra/Esuna to the mix. Wake Mode is a chaser that restores a fixed amount of HP to all allies and casts Esuna, which makes Larsa the ultimate anti-status effect guy. Master of Astra indeed.
    • Gogo's Soul Sabre! This is his Mimic Brave Wake, which combines a Brave USB with an Awakening. Here's how it works. Functionally, it's a Boostga/Faithga with a MND boost (yay!!) mixed with Haste and QC2 (holy guacamole!), and makes Gogo enter BLK Wake, with the usual benefits. However, Attack is also replaced by Supreme Mimicry, which does exactly as you imagine - based on how many times you cast BLK (and not taking advantage of the ingrained W-Cast), you can mimic the next action up to three times. Do note that, because you got BDL 1, this means Gogo can potentially deal massive damage thrice. Pretty insane Brave Wake, if you ask me.
    • Leila's Zwill Crossblade! This is her USB2 (IIRC), which grants Ability Double to her Thief and Sharpshooter skills in addition to +Crit 100%, but most importantly, it's one of the rare +Bio weapons.
    • Aria's Loki's Harp! This is her WHM/Bard Wake, which has the Yuna-like Raise/Last Stand/Haste combo and very little else. Wake Mode works by reducing delay of Bard/WHM skills and a chaser that heals AND grants HP Stock, making her a valuable healer. (Even if using Divine Dirge!)
    • Gau's Cat Claws! This is his fabled Wake, the one that has EnWind + Celerity/Combat Wake, which supposedly makes him a powerhouse? I never got that one, but it was supposed to turn Gau into a Wind God, much like our resident THUNDER GOD.
    • Xezat's Morning Star! This is his +Ice Hammer that grants his SPB Wake. The entry ability deals Ice, Earth and Lightning damage, boosts all allies Crit Chance by 50%, and grants additional benefits if you have any of the other original Dawn Warriors (Kelger, Galuf or Dorgann) on the party. You can make a pretty fair party if you focus everyone on Earth moves (Dorgann with Earth Knight moves, Galuf with Earth Monk moves, Xezat with Earth SPB moves and Kelger with Earth Ninja moves) and take advantage of it, but it's too specific a party to work, IMO.
    • Refia's Crystal Cross! This is her Glint+ which grants Empowered EnFire and charges her SB Gauge by one bar. Thing is, it's one of the few FFIII throwing items at 6*, so it's a pretty rare weapon indeed.
    • Ashe's Tournesol! This is her Arcane Overstrike, thus setting her up as Lightning Goddess.

I might not include the haul I got from the most recent renovation to the Record Lab (with Cid's estranged sister, go figure!), but suffice to know I got stuff like the THUNDER GOD GLINT, ProShellHastega for various WHM ladies and a few goodies. Perhaps the key here is that I got a Glint+, LMR and USB2 for Aphmau to improve her healing potential. (Glint+ is a ProShellHastega, LMR chases with a Mini-Medica when using WHM or Monk skills, USB is a Imperil Holy/Medica/QC-enabler on back row with Chaser, which is most likely the rarest USB2 I've seen.)

Oh, and as part of a Daily Draw? A few goodies, but the key here is Braska's SUM Wake, Summon Fire II, which has a pretty boss chaser that deals SUM damage and boosts Fire attack level by 1.

I'd say a good haul, but it bears to see if it'll be enough for regular Odin Magicite and 6*s. I still haven't faced one, and given that my focus is on RS:RS right now, it might be difficult to find a moment to do so.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

I started playing this a short while ago, and saw an 'FF Portal App reward' today in Gifts. Do you get those even if you never installed that app? Because I don't have it now and don't think I ever did (or ran it if I did), and I'm curious.

14. - Top - End - #404

BardGuy

Welcome! The rewards are given to everybody.

Deadeye (XV torment) had some oddness but I just wanted to get the 5 times done ASAP. Do need to put more into the HC etc. to even think about Ifrit though.

15. - Top - End - #405

BardGuy

Turns out I didn't need that to clear 10% (nearly 20%, actually) although I probably will to get any further. That leaves II and XI but those would involve 6* motes and relics, so I can throw tails at VI now it would seem.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

So, in the interest of completion, I tried to do all the Fest events between yesterday and today, given that they were my two off-days. And of course, that meant the Crystal Tower - which I did pretty nicely, with the latter events being tough but fair.

Except Bahamut SIN. Good grief, I hate that battle. Suffice to say that I didn't finish it, regardless of how much I tried. And if it were because of lack of DPS, but...no, actually not! I went with team Magic Lightning (Ashe/Aphmau/Rapha/Garnet/Desch), considering Aphmau got some new tricks, and gave it a go.

The closest I could get was roughly 10% of its two million HP, after all three Awakenings were out. I was quite surprised that Ashe was still dishing over 11k damage per hit (of course, due to the bonus benefits that increased her damage and also broke damage limit), but even with everything set up for maximum DPS (Desch's Wake grants a QC1/Lightning Attack Lv. +1 chaser with every hit; Garnet used her Gen 2 Chain; stacking +MAG buffs and between 1 to 3 levels of Imperil Lightning, and again - THREE Awakenings running off at once!), it just wasn't enough to kill BahaSIN. And the last attempt, where I decided to "nope, not happening" and forget about it, was after dealing so much damage, and it just decided to go to a second Petaflare attempt and then activate it - something that's on the AI if you don't kill it fast.

And that's a team designed for DPS (again, three Awakenings and every single way to maximize that damage), survival (Ashe has a healing chaser, Rapha's Burst heals, two healers in Aphmau and Garnet, and the former happens to have her Medica Wake AND a source of Regenga AND a chaser that heals everyone when using WHM spells) and speed (Desch provided QC1, then after I switched to Ashe's USB2 which also grants QC1 as a chaser to everyone in the back row - which involves everyone in the party, and Aphmau's USB1 and USB2 happen to provide IC1) and even a bit of resilience (Rapha's Wake provides a Damage Reduction barrier, and Aphmau's Wake provides Shield 1). As in - it's meant to cover every single potential weakness.

And with all buffs, mind you.

So: is it fair to say I'm still unprepared for 6* Magicites? Because that was foul beyond belief. I think even Transcendent challenges are easier.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

17. - Top - End - #407

BardGuy

That battle was a pain. One of the floated ideas seemed to be to only damage the sphere enough to drop it from an automatic wipe but I think in practice I just kept throwing out as much damage as possible every turn.

I think as a whole I need more Enelement as that seems to be the sticking point with Ramuh at least. But yeah, "you need more of this" seems to be the theme. My other thought is to just go all in on thunder and hope that can get me Odin and use that to sort of brute force the rest.

18. - Top - End - #408

BardGuy

Sabin's Glint+ helped a lot with Wrexsoul (sped Sabin up enough to get his awakening going and/or in theory possibly firing off a Soul Spiral if needed) and similarly racing the dragon to get the 10% clear.

FFI is not going so smoothly.

19. - Top - End - #409

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Sabin's Glint+ helped a lot with Wrexsoul (sped Sabin up enough to get his awakening going and/or in theory possibly firing off a Soul Spiral if needed) and similarly racing the dragon to get the 10% clear.

FFI is not going so smoothly.
    Grats!

I still have made like 0 progress. Currently trying to get a I Torment auto set up cause I’m too lazy to do it manually.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Grats!

I still have made like 0 progress. Currently trying to get a I Torment auto set up cause I’m too lazy to do it manually.
    I don't think I have an auto setup for any of the Torments. Except, you know, the low-level stuff, because I can steamroll them. I can competently master almost all of them - I is still giving me issues, as is X - but autoing the higher difficulties is still somewhat beyond me. I think.

21. - Top - End - #411

BardGuy

Making progress on I, but I pretty much need Elarra while the others are more aggressive (even Sarah!) to deal with the off-team penalty.

10 draw daily

artifact bracers from Dreambreaker (and no more Petrify shenanigans for IX)

apparently the critical boosts have been fixed as well (ie, no wasting Cloud USB1)

22. - Top - End - #412

BardGuy

With the Cardia event I did the 5 Garland clears. Black Dragon needs a bit more.

DB % etc. ones are probably gonna be the sticking point, although if you did the Petrify mastery on IX just running it again seems to count. Other than the current XIII event none of the banners really line up with the ones I feel like I can make notable progress on.

23. - Top - End - #413

BardGuy

Other than some nice stuff for Kain and Rosa the tickets weren't of much help.

10% on Black Dragon, basically got bailed out by the crystal before Sap kicked in.

II also out of the way, a stronger Minwu and the buff to Firion's awakening last maintenance or so seemed to be the trick.

XI I am probably sticking to "hahaha...no" for a while. I think at the very least I would probably need all of Curilla's other relics to survive, and probably Lilisette as well.

As far as getting further, I'm kind of aiming at 20% for motes. On FFT Orran's Awakening was a big help, and getting a couple more pieces for Ramza via the daily helped as well.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, most of the dailies have either been not great, or dupes, or regular SBs. Regular SBs! Remember those? I'd forgotten what the icon even looked like. (A tiny face silhouette, for the record.)

A couple of new Awakenings, which were nice. But probably the best thing I got was Balthier's Realm Chain today - I badly needed a XII Chain, and this finally capped off that Torment for me. So I feel really good about that.

At this point, I think I'm current on all Cardias except for Dreambreakers, so that's pretty nice.

EDIT: As an aside, they really need to make the new missions retroactive. Book of Trials XIII. It does not currently take into account the job spheres, magia, crystal water, or 6-star abilities you already have - which is a problem. So I expect that will get patched very shortly.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2021-02-12 at 10:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415

Apparently the next fest/6th anniversary has a couple select opportunities. 1 to select AASB (2 pulls, select 1), stamp system to get Sync and AASB (10 and 15 stamps, respectively). If you're not saving your blues already, might be too late (500 for Sync, 750 for Sync+AASB, and/or 100 for AASB). I just hit 200, have a few more dungeons to clear out, surely that's enough for... something.

The selects... I could really use. I have Lightning Sync and Edge Sync, but without the AASB they're nowhere near as effective.

Oh yeah, and they introduce wait mode next fest. Heck yeah.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #416

BardGuy

There's also a gift set and a fest event dungeon with coins that you can redeem for stuff including an awakening (only enough coins for 1 though)

Omega's return was timely, as now I've got 2 down thanks to Kain and Rem respectively.

27. - Top - End - #417

BardGuy

10% on Gabranth was rough, and there wasn't really much I could add from the lab to Ashe etc. Some of the other ones might have some more wiggle room, but even then I think I'd probably be running at them for motes to help with the others.

28. - Top - End - #418

BardGuy

Strong run on Zeromus' Malice. That's probably my closest to actually being able to beat but it's kind of "well, where do I go from here?"

Other than his new dark tech Kain is already beastly, and even magia would just be thrown into the element boost.

I can get a bit more Attack and Mind on Cecil but still, the rest would be the newest tech (dyad etc.0

Edge has a bit more room for attack but I might have to think about flipping him to magic.

Rosa's DC would probably help although really, her other healing one would probably fit better (although with RNG and poison/sap ticks, I've seen quite a bit of talk that those can be counterproductive.)

Rydia I'm kind of torn. it's probably tough to make her that much stronger/not run out of hones but at the same time while she's going she is extremely reliable. Unfortunately I'm not sure any of the other IV characters would be a reliable replacement.

29. - Top - End - #419

Good to read your progress! Me, I’m holding off on DBs.

And... today’s the day! Finally, wait mode, I’ll resume attempting to clear content. (At least I recall it being 17 Mar, which is today for me right now)
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #420

BardGuy

Trying a couple others while waiting for maintenance.

XI got mithril mostly due to Elarra. Probably should have gone for Shantotto LMRs first, but eh, this can sit on the backburner for a while now.

VII remains stalled. Mostly Aerith lacking stuff, so I may have to throw Elarra at it too.