New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Good luck with that. The problem you will likely run into (I did), is doing too much to Ifrit himself (he is stupidly squishy) thus triggering a very bad situation. I never managed to beat him with that strat. Always went wrong in phase 3.
    Thanks for the luck!

Apparently it worked. Killed him literally my first attempt with a Rydia dead 80% of the battle. Aria USB1 OP.

EDIT: Got a maxed Ifrit. Maybe I just got real lucky. Easiest time I've had with a 6* so far.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2021-04-09 at 10:03 AM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are the Magicite dungeons supposed to unlock once all of the Nightmare dungeons are cleared? Because I've done that, and made all twelve of the 6* abilities they give records for, but nothing seems to happen. I can't really find anything mentioning this problem, and the search results all suggest that finishing all the Nightmare dungeons is the way to do this. Is there something I'm missing, or some support-ticket system I should try (the buttons for the in-game one I found don't seem to work)?

3. - Top - End - #453

Quote Originally Posted by SerTabris View Post
    Are the Magicite dungeons supposed to unlock once all of the Nightmare dungeons are cleared? Because I've done that, and made all twelve of the 6* abilities they give records for, but nothing seems to happen. I can't really find anything mentioning this problem, and the search results all suggest that finishing all the Nightmare dungeons is the way to do this. Is there something I'm missing, or some support-ticket system I should try (the buttons for the in-game one I found don't seem to work)?
    I’d suggest checking the various Books of Trials (home > Special Missions in top right > Acolyte Archives).
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I’d suggest checking the various Books of Trials (home > Special Missions in top right > Acolyte Archives).
    That makes sense, but I've done those. I have I-X complete (and the Book of Scrutiny), and 'Book of Creation I' that asks me to do Magicite dungeons is open, although tapping there still tells me the dungeons themselves are locked. (Wait, do I need to finish the other Books of Trials up to XV? I thought some of them were added after the Magicite dungeons, so that would seem odd.)

EDIT: Well, I figured it out; it was the 'master a dungeon of difficulty 220 or higher' requirement.
    Last edited by SerTabris; 2021-04-13 at 09:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455

Huh, got Balthier's Fire CSB on the daily. Huuuuge surprise. I was putting on Shiva because I couldn't easily assemble all the parts (dps, CSB, imperil), but now Baltheir will cover CSB *and* imperil, can bring 2 dps's. Looks like I'd better make an honest effort today, which will leave only Valefor, Alexandor, and el Diablor.

EDIT: @SerTabris, glad ya got it figured out! Keep us posted with the progress.

EDIT EDIT: Just beat Shiva a couple times. Once I got the timing right (blind run not so good, sync first not so good, AASB then Sync check) was quite easy.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2021-04-18 at 01:13 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, got Balthier's Fire CSB on the daily. Huuuuge surprise. I was putting on Shiva because I couldn't easily assemble all the parts (dps, CSB, imperil), but now Baltheir will cover CSB *and* imperil, can bring 2 dps's. Looks like I'd better make an honest effort today, which will leave only Valefor, Alexandor, and el Diablor.

EDIT: @SerTabris, glad ya got it figured out! Keep us posted with the progress.

EDIT EDIT: Just beat Shiva a couple times. Once I got the timing right (blind run not so good, sync first not so good, AASB then Sync check) was quite easy.
    I feel like some chains are on really good characters - like Balthier - who can contribute even if the CSB is all they're bringing. Characters with an Imperil, or a way to Dispel or something, can contribute even without bringing an AASB. Then you have other chains on characters who basically need some other SB to contribute significantly, so unless you're Entrust spamming, they basically drop the CSB and then are dead weight until they can do so again.

To date, I still don't Entrust-spam to get multiple SBs up and running. Admittedly, I also don't have a single 6-star Magicite mastered. There might be a correlation. But yeah, Balthier's CSB is definitely a help.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I feel like some chains are on really good characters - like Balthier - who can contribute even if the CSB is all they're bringing. Characters with an Imperil, or a way to Dispel or something, can contribute even without bringing an AASB. Then you have other chains on characters who basically need some other SB to contribute significantly, so unless you're Entrust spamming, they basically drop the CSB and then are dead weight until they can do so again.

To date, I still don't Entrust-spam to get multiple SBs up and running. Admittedly, I also don't have a single 6-star Magicite mastered. There might be a correlation. But yeah, Balthier's CSB is definitely a help.
    I haven’t used Entrust in a looooong time.

Also, didn’t attempt my final 3 6*s today. Maybe next weekend. Feeling good about my dark and holy teams, not so much ice.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Been a bit all over the place this month and particularly this past week.

USB pick was Quistis, which is neat but now I'm starting to think I should have grabbed another regenga. Especially Relm or Ovelia.

9. - Top - End - #459

Hmm, was trying to think which all FFs have time travel (not including time magic here)...

I: core to the story, yet we barely see it mechanically, only for the final dungeon
    II: nope
    III: sorta. Xande wants to be immortal, stops time
    IV: pretty much nope. Rydia grows up due to time flow difference
    V: nope
    VI: nope
    VII: nope
    VIII: sorta. Ultimecia compresses time
    IX: honestly I don't recall, but I don't think so
    X: nope. You start off thinking yes, but... nope
    XI: dunno, never played
    XII: nope
    XIII: XIII-2 is all about time travel, and Lightning Returns has the whole you-die-go-back-to-start
    XIV: dunno, never played
    XV: nope
    Tactics: nope

Any corrections?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #460

BardGuy

more or less finished the records- one mastery that would take leveling up Biggs more.

XIV DB/DK is likely stalled until I get more stuff for Minfilia, with Core+Beyond coming soon anyway.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

So, who's excited for the Labyrinth Dungeons coming next month?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

12. - Top - End - #462

BardGuy

Not looking forward to the superbosses but everything else seems doable if time-consuming.

Mostly just throwing stuff at DBs to try and get the most out of the Crush Cardia.

XII:
    Gabranth awakening very helpful
    Getting Basch to having a decent amount of attack helped too
    big dilemma is whether to stick with Penelo, or hope I get enough for Larsa, as the other Astra options are off-realm.

Tactics:
    Agrias HA helped but not dramatically so
    probably need more for TGC and maybe Ramza
    Also a couple more motes for Ovelia.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't see how anyone sub-30s those. Maybe I'm doing them wrong, but the Full Breaks and the HP gates kill my momentum entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    So, who's excited for the Labyrinth Dungeons coming next month?
    I’ll prob continue to lazily auto what I can, and not bother with new stuff.

Still need to finish the last 3 6* magicites (Alexander, El Diablo, and Valefor).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #465

BardGuy

I guess the "simplest" is to have multiple BDLs backed by some epic support (who in pretty much all these cases also helps with healing) but yeah, most of my teams have enough trouble getting to the first phase change, and my strongest are all kind of getting stumped around 50-60%.

LOTR time!
    0 was technically ok but certain other dupes would have been more useful as far as hones
    T was very good, although I really need to spend some time on Orran now.

realm/element draw refresh coming among other things.

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    I guess the "simplest" is to have multiple BDLs backed by some epic support (who in pretty much all these cases also helps with healing) but yeah, most of my teams have enough trouble getting to the first phase change, and my strongest are all kind of getting stumped around 50-60%.

LOTR time!
    0 was technically ok but certain other dupes would have been more useful as far as hones
    T was very good, although I really need to spend some time on Orran now.

realm/element draw refresh coming among other things.
    Wow. I haven’t even touched Bahamut. Not hardly any dream breakers.

T treated you well eh? I doubt I’ll spend any on LotR.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. I haven’t even touched Bahamut. Not hardly any dream breakers.

T treated you well eh? I doubt I’ll spend any on LotR.
    I'm kind of in the same place with regard to LotRs. They're not well-curated, so they don't appeal to someone with a lot of relics but not a lot of mythril to spare.

Frankly, I'm hoarding for the inevitable Fest banners, but I get the impression I won't have the stockpile to blow on all of them at this rate. I got a bit greedy since the last Fest.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

18. - Top - End - #468

I'm kind of in the same place with regard to LotRs. They're not well-curated, so they don't appeal to someone with a lot of relics but not a lot of mythril to spare.

Frankly, I'm hoarding for the inevitable Fest banners, but I get the impression I won't have the stockpile to blow on all of them at this rate. I got a bit greedy since the last Fest.
    Samesies. I’m pretty close to the will-have-500-for-sync-select. I think. Sitting on 376. If I can’t make the 500, will prob give the entire feat a skip, unless some banner really appeals to me.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #469

BardGuy

So after a few runs with Orran's new toy:

Dark Odin (fire)- much easier and safer, maybe a little reliant on Tidus to break rage but it didn't really matter at the end.

Ramuh-the start is still bleh but Gladio and Tifa were able do right around 50%.

Valefor- turned an lolno into getting 10% damage but yeah, I probably need to go through my old ice teams and look over stuff.

Shiva- this was going fine but then the heal happened.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. So having hit the new Labyrinth Dungeons pretty hard, I can say this: They're good. They're a level of content somewhere between low-tier Magicites, which I can basically auto, and 6-star, which I can't touch. In other words, by approaching carefully I can handle a lot of, but not all, of the LDs.

The game mechanic is pretty fun, honestly. You assemble three parties to enter the dungeon. Keep in mind that abilities and gear are non-duplicative - if one party has it, another cannot. Every combat action you take raises that party's fatigue level by 2, every time that party does not engage in combat lowers fatigue by 1. When fatigue hits 7, you take penalties, so you have to cycle between parties. Each dungeon consists of a series of floors. Each floor consists of an array of paintings. You can choose one of three at a time, each with different effects. Choosing the blue Portal Painting takes you to the next floor, and you have to defeat the purple Master Painting to clear the dungeon. Other paintings include:
    • Combatant Paintings: These come in green, gold, and red. I'm not 100% certain of the difference between green and gold, but red is boss-difficulty and does not come with a preview. Keep in mind that you can cancel out of a Combatant Painting once you've looked at the preview, but if you flee from an actual fight your dungeon ends completely.
    • Shrine Paintings: These reduce your fatigue to its default level (in later dungeons, that's 3).
    • Assault Paintings: Despite the name and appearance, these are good - they give you a bonus in the next combat encounter.
    • Treasure Paintings: You see three treasure chests. You can open one for free, a second for 1 key, and a third for 2 keys. If you open the one with a hero artifact in it, don't bother with the other two.
    • Exploration Paintings: These have a random effect. A lot of things can happen, including:
      • You are attacked. No preview.
      • All fatigue is reduced to 0. Not default (i.e. 3), 0.
      • All fatigue is increased by 2.
      • You find an item.
      • You find a sealed door, which you can choose to open. In my experience, there is always an enemy behind these doors. You still get points even if you don't open the door.
      • Nothing happens.

So, yeah. It's actually a fun exploration mechanic where you have to manage your parties' fatigue to overcome enemies. Fighting more often nets you more labyrinth points - and there are mission rewards tied to those - and gives you better drops, but you also risk fatigue. Oh, and while everyone in your party is restored to starting state after every combat, if anyone dies, their fatigue goes way up, so try not to let that happen.

The rewards are also really good. Hero artifacts are special relics usable only by one character, and consist of sets - a weapon, an armor, and an accessory. The weapon and armor not only upgrade, but they are inheritable - in addition to the base stats, each has an inherent bonus that never changes, and an extra bonus selected from a set, and every time you break level cap you can choose to inherit the better extra bonus. The stats are solid, and the set bonuses are really useful.

So, yeah, I'm really stoked about this new content. Know what I'm not stoked about?

Consider this your PSA. The Labyrinth missions include realm/element tickets as rewards. The problem? They don't actually give you the tickets when you complete the missions. People on the subreddit have been pretty annoyed by this and are currently firing support emails, so expect some apology mythril soon. In the meantime, clear those missions, but don't expect your tickets just yet.

21. - Top - End - #471

For right now it's just something else for me to auto as much as I can auto.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #472

BardGuy

After the first 10 floor one I have a decent amount of the hero gear- mostly notable for Tifa, but some of the others let me clear up inventory /dust off a few others (I totally forgot I had Tellah's earth chain, for example). The drop rewards were mixed, I did get a 6* mote (as in 1) and some crystals.

Also rather convenient for Magia, especially if you have somebody with instant turns and/or AOE.

23. - Top - End - #473

After the first 10 floor one I have a decent amount of the hero gear- mostly notable for Tifa, but some of the others let me clear up inventory /dust off a few others (I totally forgot I had Tellah's earth chain, for example). The drop rewards were mixed, I did get a 6* mote (as in 1) and some crystals.

Also rather convenient for Magia, especially if you have somebody with instant turns and/or AOE.
    Oh yeah, wasn't even thinking about magia. Nice.

Me, I'm loving this whole labyrinth thing. Much more fun than I expected. Plus, I actually use Nanaki and Tifa, getting their HE is nice.

Admittedly I went in without paying much attention, slapped a few different teams into slots 1, 2, 3. Turns out teams 2 and 3 stole a lot of gear, ability, RM from team 1. Team 1 got hosed in the first difficulty 300 labyrinth. Need to do some more careful team building. 'Specially the limited RM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Lower difficulties (the 5-floor ones) are really easy to farm for magia. I just bring three realm teams and the corresponding historia crystals. At lower difficulties, the crystal either 1-hit KOs enemies or brings them low enough to make autoing a snap.

The drop rewards are indeed mixed, although occasionally you also get hero gear as a drop, which is nice.

Oh yeah, wasn't even thinking about magia. Nice.

Me, I'm loving this whole labyrinth thing. Much more fun than I expected. Plus, I actually use Nanaki and Tifa, getting their HE is nice.

Admittedly I went in without paying much attention, slapped a few different teams into slots 1, 2, 3. Turns out teams 2 and 3 stole a lot of gear, ability, RM from team 1. Team 1 got hosed in the first difficulty 300 labyrinth. Need to do some more careful team building. 'Specially the limited RM.
    I warned you it's not duplicative. That said, especially, at low levels, it's not too hard either. Just fill in the blanks with, say, some W-casts.

Keep in mind that while higher levels may have a better chance of dropping better modifiers on hero gear, you can just as easily farm the lower difficulty ones. So if it starts looking dicey, don't think you'll be locked out of content. Personally, there are two or three levels on the far right end - as well as the superboss - that I'm basically a hard "nope" on. But I've still got lots of the gear with good modifiers and at level 99.

Speaking of level 99, here's another valuable point - you can keep enhancing the gear after it hits level cap. Much like with normal gear, you can use labyrinth rosetta stones to enhance its stats. But in addition, if you use hero gear to enhance hero gear, you add +3 instead of the +1. Moreover, if you use the same piece of hero gear - like Tifa's Premium Heart to enhance a level 99 Premium Heart - that +3 becomes a +5, and you can still inherit the bonus skill on the gear. So, that's a pretty good use for all those duplicate accessories you're likely to wind up with.

Keep in mind also that once you've cleared a stage, you can use a Record Marker to quick clear it - meaning that you spend the stamina cost and a record marker, and automatically complete that stage and collect the rewards. Sure, you miss out on magia, but there is zero fail chance. And at higher difficulties, you may even pick up record markers doing this, effectively refunding the item cost.

EDIT: One final note. If you're willing to engage in a bit of micromanaging, it is apparently possible to swap those RMs around. Set up your first party and save Hero Outfits for every single member. Do the same with the other two parties. Then, before deploying any party inside the labyrinth, simply go to your Modify Party option and select Party Outfit to automatically fix the RM, equipment, and ability assignments of your active party. At least, this is what I'm told.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2021-06-19 at 01:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

I warned you it's not duplicative. That said, especially, at low levels, it's not too hard either. Just fill in the blanks with, say, some W-casts.
    Haha thanks for the warning.

Getting a full set of hero equipment for everyone per season really doesn't seem that bad. Do all the missions (a whopping 10/dungeon for a bunch of them), stockpile keys and the record markers from the easy ones, do a d500 one once, spend all your record markers. My auto teams got me through the d400 with no problem. I already have a ton of the gear from drops/chests, and like 70 treasure maps. It'll take a little while to get rolling, but after a couple season getting all the HE, it'll make spreading out your gear easier. Also, cardia dungeons way easier. So OP.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Haha thanks for the warning.

Getting a full set of hero equipment for everyone per season really doesn't seem that bad. Do all the missions (a whopping 10/dungeon for a bunch of them), stockpile keys and the record markers from the easy ones, do a d500 one once, spend all your record markers. My auto teams got me through the d400 with no problem. I already have a ton of the gear from drops/chests, and like 70 treasure maps. It'll take a little while to get rolling, but after a couple season getting all the HE, it'll make spreading out your gear easier. Also, cardia dungeons way easier. So OP.
    It helps with magicites too. At least for your Earth teams.

Keep in mind that you can - and maybe should - farm for the better modifiers, and some modifiers are designed for different things. For example, there are some modifiers that give a starting buff at the beginning of combat, which may be useful; there are others that give a buff once per battle the first time you use an attack or ability, which is perfect for labyrinths but so-so for other content; there are those that give a small element boost, which is pretty great; and then there are those that reduce action time, which is really my bread and butter. An 8% Earth damage boost is nice, but an 8% action cost reduction means that I'm that much closer to using a second ability, which is way more useful, especially as you approach the damage cap.

The treasure maps are really a post-season thing, if the labyrinth season is coming to a close and you still don't have the exact modifiers you want (or just want to max out your enhancements). Also, they require you to go to Kite's shop, which is... still ugh.

Seriously, though, try out the Outfit Party command. If you're willing to micromanage before each fight, you can guarantee that those start-with-gauge RMs are always on your active party. Frankly, it's more hassle than I'm willing to take - I like to idiot-proof my runs - but it does work.

27. - Top - End - #477

Think I'll stick to the usual 2 pulls/banner. It's all I ever spend blues on any more.

B1 haul: Quina Sync, Rikku G+, Rikku Arcane Dyad, Gladiolus Arcane Dyad, Celes G+.

As they say... beri naisu.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #478

BardGuy

Also keep in mind there's not a ginormous difference in the top passives vs. what you can buy from the maps.

I feel like I keep saying this, but it was a weird week. Some stuff kind of fell into place but it was a bit of a struggle to get to the start of the fest and not run out of charge. Some really good stuff from the free draws but no time to test them out lol. I guess maybe the weekend will go better.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2021-06-25 at 04:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479

Also keep in mind there's not a ginormous difference in the top passives vs. what you can buy from the maps.

I feel like I keep saying this, but it was a weird week. Some stuff kind of fell into place but it was a bit of a struggle to get to the start of the fest and not run out of charge. Some really good stuff from the free draws but no time to test them out lol. I guess maybe the weekend will go better.
    Plus there’s just *so much* stuff to do rn.

B2 gave me 4 new relics (on 2 pulls). In particular made Ultimecia far and away my best dark caster. Already had her AASB, now have Sync, Dyad, and G+.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #480

B3 pull 1: Shan LBO and Yuna AASB

Pull 2: identical to pull 1 >.>

Pull 3: Yuna G+, other Yuna G+

Now I have a quite stacked Yuna.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ