New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    B3 pull 1: Shan LBO and Yuna AASB

Pull 2: identical to pull 1 >.>

Pull 3: Yuna G+, other Yuna G+

Now I have a quite stacked Yuna.
    Yeah, B3 was pretty good to me. Bartz Sync, Shantotto's Dyad, Yuna's ProShellga G+. The latter is particularly a boon, as Yuna is a pretty lackluster healer, so being able to pop that one off is kind of major. Shantotto's is pretty major too, seeing as she's my go-to Lightning MAG Chain holder, and it's something that can give her a major power boost without costing gauge. Feel pretty good about it.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yeah, B3 was pretty good to me. Bartz Sync, Shantotto's Dyad, Yuna's ProShellga G+. The latter is particularly a boon, as Yuna is a pretty lackluster healer, so being able to pop that one off is kind of major. Shantotto's is pretty major too, seeing as she's my go-to Lightning MAG Chain holder, and it's something that can give her a major power boost without costing gauge. Feel pretty good about it.
    Nice! Man Butz has a lotta relics.

I had a close look at B5, saw a buncha dupes, went back to B2. Got Cait Sith and Mog AASBs, and Mog LMR. Finally, decent mage buffs.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

B3 has given me all of Yuna's stuff except the SB gauge boost, and I'm back and forth on whether to try again for it.

4. - Top - End - #484

Ahhhh redid my labyrinth teams. Easily autoing through the penultimate dungeon (hopefully that doesn’t jinx it… on floor 15/20 or so). Feels nice. Solution was to prioritize healer AASB over chains. Every team has 2 healers, one with SB stuff (either RM or SB G+), then the rest are chain/DPS.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. So the first group of this season of labyrinth ends soon. How's everybody doing?

For reference: The labyrinth updates the group of 9 heroes whose relics are available once per month. There are four groups (four months) in a season, and after one group's time ends, a new group of nine heroes will have their equipment available in the same dungeon for a month. The prior group's relics will still be available in Kite's lagshop. At the end of the season, a whole new dungeon will become available - presumably with four new groups - and the old groups will rotate in the old dungeon twice a week.

In other words, unless you want to buy your selections from Kite - which you can - you only have several days before a new batch of relics becomes available in the labyrinth. If you're looking for someone specific, this graphic might help you.

So, all that said: How's everybody doing?

Personally, I have a complete set for all nine characters. On weapons, my passives are in the 3-5% range; same with armor; but I've done very well on accessories, with only two 6s and one 7, the rest being 8%. Got them all to 99, but haven't worked particularly hard to enhance them beyond that. I haven't even tried the superboss; as much as I'm comfortable with these relics, I am not comfortable enough with my elemental teams to waste the time trying to grind my way through that mess.

I'll be honest, this content started super cool, and I still love the rewards, but I will admit it drags like hell. I only do labyrinths once a day now - I keep one Record Marker on hand to do my one daily, and if any extra drop from that I use them. Otherwise, I save the Record Marker I get from the daily reward to use the following day.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

6. - Top - End - #486

Nice work! And thanks for the image.

I still need 1x Rinoa weapon, 1x Cid weapon, 3x Emperor armor, and 1x Rinoa armor.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #487

BardGuy

Could use several more copies to L99 but everybody is more or less "complete" I've only really used Tifa and Cinque (although Red and Emperor should give magic earth a huge upgrade). I think I like the first turn SB boost most, as everything else is just kinda "MOAR STATZ" A couple of the other effects are kind of interesting (I think I had the barrier on Guy's helm for a bit) but similarly crowded out with the element boost.

Ended up using my stamp pick on Yuna as the rest weren't as compelling (useful, sure, but nothing really stood out) USB was tougher, I went with Relm at the end because Ovelia dropped on the free tickets.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Could use several more copies to L99 but everybody is more or less "complete" I've only really used Tifa and Cinque (although Red and Emperor should give magic earth a huge upgrade). I think I like the first turn SB boost most, as everything else is just kinda "MOAR STATZ" A couple of the other effects are kind of interesting (I think I had the barrier on Guy's helm for a bit) but similarly crowded out with the element boost.
    Well, the new group has started. If you didn't max anyone's relics from the last group, or if they have truly rubbish modifiers, they're still available in Kite's shop (with average modifiers) and will be until the end of the season. I've already limit broken all of mine to 99, and now I just need to farm the best modifiers.

Personally, the stat I look for the most is reduced action time. Speed is priceless. Elemental boosts are well and good, but the gear set gives you some of that by default, and with Imperils and Chains you should be mostly covered. And as you say, everything else is "moar statz." But reduced action time is, in my mind, the best use of a gear slot. More actions in the same amount of time means more damage, full stop. Being able to act twice instead of once is double damage - not 20% more, double. (It's not quite that fast, but still.) It also means making better use of durations - like Awakenings and Syncs.

So basically, I look for 5%/5%/8% reduced casting time on these things. Barring that, the elemental boost is my second choice.

As an aside, courtesy of the subreddit, here is a map of drop locations for group 2. Remember two things: First, that you get better/rarer modifiers from the harder labyrinth levels, and second, that you get more relic drops if you do the level manually rather than by Record Marker.

I mean, if anyone has the time for that.

9. - Top - End - #489

BardGuy

From my understanding element boost on armor is better as it doesn't conflict with things like materia as much as the weapon.

Depending on how next week goes I really want to take at least a couple tries on the XIII banner for Sazh.

10. - Top - End - #490

BardGuy

XIII was mixed. Snow is technically stronger and I got some of Sazh's kit but not the main goal.

I should probably make at least a couple more serious attempts at Ifrit.

11. - Top - End - #491

Man. Got all the HE that I missed from not doing labyrinth stuff (beyond an auto per day). Really ate through my supplies.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #492

BardGuy

Good progress on this last round of Gilgamesh but otherwise not really much. It's kind of a weird lull with even the events having that "eh, go do this while waiting for fest"

13. - Top - End - #493

Good progress on this last round of Gilgamesh but otherwise not really much. It's kind of a weird lull with even the events having that "eh, go do this while waiting for fest"
    Ah yeah Greg… haven’t tried him in a long while. Not any Dreambreakers.

I did try Shiva with a mag team though (beat her Phy before). Holy smokes power creep. 2 people with AASB + Sync, steam rolled her, first attempt.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #494

I made an honest attempt at the T Dreambreaker, T being one of my strongest realms. Lordy DBs are hard. Only got like 50%.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I made an honest attempt at the T Dreambreaker, T being one of my strongest realms. Lordy DBs are hard. Only got like 50%.
    Yeah, I still can't seem to touch those. I've managed to scrape one or two enough to get the last Historia upgrade, but I can't make any significant headway against them.

In any event, Banner 1 of Fest has arrived! I've been good, I've avoided trap banners, LotRs, and Lucky Draws, and I have over 350 mythril to play with. Banner 1 has one dupe for me - Rydia's Awakening - so I'm not going to go too hard for this one. So what did I get? Rinoa's G+, a neat trick that gives a pretty useful power boost for two turns - perfect for right before you drop an SB. And Rydia's new... what are these things called? Guardian Soul Breaks? Basically, it's an FFX summon - replaces the party with Titan. I'm kinda really excited about this one. I have absolutely no idea how badly it will bork my party dynamics but I'm pretty stoked to find out.

For those interested in Guardians, they are available on Banner 1 (Rydia), Banner 3 (Locke), and Banner 4 (Eiko).

So yeah. Two new relics, pretty happy with how that turned out. Happy pulls, folks.

EDIT: Nobody here? Alright. Well, Banner 2 is up. All I got from that was Zeid's AASB and... another Zeid's AASB. If it weren't for the utterly disappointing character roster on this banner - basically just Exdeath and Zeid - I'd roll again just on principle. But frankly, I'm better off saving it.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2021-09-28 at 08:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496

BardGuy

I might try B1 again for Rydia but I'm mostly looking at 3 and 5.

As far as Friday, both the banners and the fest stamp picks seem to lack the one thing I really wanted for Edgar from the last FFVI event.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

I might try B1 again for Rydia but I'm mostly looking at 3 and 5.

As far as Friday, both the banners and the fest stamp picks seem to lack the one thing I really wanted for Edgar from the last FFVI event.
    Well, Banner 3 is up, so take your chance!

Me, I got 3 7-stars in one pull, humblebrag. Best pull I've seen in awhile. Another Sync for Noctis - Lightning this time. And it also buffs Prompto, which is... a thing, I suppose. Better make sure I have gear that makes him worthwhile as well. Another Sync for Locke, this one with some a juicy combination Imperil Fire target and Fire Attack Up self on its second command, which is pretty good.

Oh, and I got Locke's Guardian thing. So that's a little bit insane.

Yeah. This is easily my best pull in a long time. I'm not gonna touch this banner again, wouldn't want to be greedy. Happy pulls to y'all.

EDIT: So, yesterday, I decided to pull on the new Bio banner. I did rather well. In addition to the free Bio Chain for Quistis, I got Leila's Glint Bio Chain - that's the instant-cast one that's perfect for starting off without SB gauge - plus an Awakening for Quistis. So I've got a pretty good start on putting together a Bio team.

And now, it's time for Banner 4. First pull, Firion's Sync and Cid's G+. Not bad, but I think I can do better. So here goes another pull. Okay, fortune is definitely on my side this time - four shinies. Eiko's Dyad, Desch's Dyad, Cid's Sync, and Desch's G+. And not a dupe among them. I'm not gonna be greedy - this is where I stop.

Happy pulls, folks.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2021-10-02 at 08:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498

BardGuy

3 has given me Maria so far, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Last minute try on 2 for WoL (and I could settle for Zeid), got Noel. I suppose maybe it could let Laguna go full spam duty on Valefor, but not what I was hoping for.

I'll have to save for 5 unless I ignore Bio.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

3 has given me Maria so far, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Last minute try on 2 for WoL (and I could settle for Zeid), got Noel. I suppose maybe it could let Laguna go full spam duty on Valefor, but not what I was hoping for.

I'll have to save for 5 unless I ignore Bio.
    I felt pretty good about my Bio pull. That said, I've been doing some reading.

Apparently, there has been zero Bio content in JP since Bio Odin dropped. So this is pretty much the only thing you'll use it for. You get one mythril for clearing it, and two for missions. So, basically, you'd be spending 50 mythril (as I did) for a possible 3 mythril reward. And from what I hear, it is possible to clear Bio Odin without using strictly Bio characters. So technically, ignoring the Bio banner is both legitimate and wise.

I didn't do it, because I didn't read in advance and because I'm a sucker for these things. But yeah, it's totally worthwhile to skip Bio.

EDIT: So I just took a look at Banner 5, and, uh... I can't pull on this. I have five relics on this banner, including three Syncs - I am basically guaranteed a dupe. So that's a non-starter.

Should I pull the Focused Relic Draw? I could use a new relic for Thancred, Thief, or Edgar... but that's probably a trap.

So, I decided to take a few shots at the LotRs, for realms I'm sorely lacking. Let's start with XIV. Got lucky there - Yda's Sync. How about XI? Lucky there, too - Prishe's Realm Chain, and another Shantotto Lightning Chain. (Frankly, I think this one is better.) Let's see how FFI treats me - Echo's Awakening, which is honestly pretty decent.

Let's keep this train rolling! What have we got for XIII? Serah's Sync. Which is nice, but also a dupe. Maybe my luck is thinning. FFT? Gaffgarion's AOSB, also a dupe. Okay, if this next one is crap, I know we're done, let's try XV.

... it's a Sync for Prompto. I'm so confused.

Heck with it, all in. Here's what I have:

Spoiler: LotR totals:
    Show

• I: Echo's AASB. New.
    • II: Guy's USB. New.
    • III: OK's G+. New.
    • IV: Edge's Sync. Dupe.
    • V: Bartz' G+. New.
    • VI: Leo's G+. New.
    • VII: Aerith's LMR. Dupe.
    • VIII: Ward's LMR. New.
    • IX: Marcus' BSB. Dupe.
    • X: Tidus' Water Chain. Dupe.
    • XI: Prishe's Realm Chain, Shantotto's new Lightning Chain. New.
    • XII: Penelo's BSB. Dupe.
    • XIII: Serah's Sync. Dupe.
    • XIV: Yda's Sync. New.
    • XV: Prompto's Sync. New.
    • FFT: Gaffgarion's AOSB. Dupe.
    • T-0: Eight's USB. Dupe.
    • Core: Wedge's LMR. New.

Yeah, it feels like my luck basically ran out sometime between VII and IX. Still, overall, not complaining about the haul. Definitely complaining about how I'm going to sort my inventory now, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Happy pulls, folks.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2021-10-04 at 08:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #500

Finally beat a DB. IV, for Dr. Mog's homework. Super hard.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #501

BardGuy

It worked out although if I had known this a couple weeks ago I definitely would have focused more on B3.

That said I definitely need to give team FFVI another spin with new toys for Edgar and finally enough to splurge on Terra's HA.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2021-10-08 at 09:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502

BardGuy

So the next update should be mostly lens-related

bigger pools- largely glints but some USBs and a few LMRs
    Arcanes for L3- costly but an option.

L4 lenses from a daily mission which are used for
    Chains, particular 2.0 and realm ones
    Awakenings

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

So the next update should be mostly lens-related

bigger pools- largely glints but some USBs and a few LMRs
    Arcanes for L3- costly but an option.

L4 lenses from a daily mission which are used for
    Chains, particular 2.0 and realm ones
    Awakenings
    I could definitely use some realm chains. There are some realms where I'm sorely lacking, and it's frankly indefensible.

Seriously, my FFV team is a powerhouse, but not a single chain for the team. I really should have DB for them by now, but no, and it's indecent.

24. - Top - End - #504

BardGuy

And it's up.

I grabbed Vincent's SB gauge G+, Kain's switch draw USB and Alph's healing USB right off the bat.

Oddly enough the L4 are probably my lowest need for now as the last batch of free draws etc. threw a ton of awakenings at me. Realm chains are probably more likely but even then I don't know if say Prishe's would be more bang vs. making say, Ignis or OK a little stronger.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2021-10-28 at 09:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505

BardGuy

Mixed stuff from the ticket draws so far.

Making progress on Ifrit but I need either a serious Leila upgrade or somebody else to settle into her spot.

26. - Top - End - #506

BardGuy

Making progress on Ifrit but I need either a serious Leila upgrade or somebody else to settle into her spot.

HA + imperil LMR, plus a bit better timing as far as healing was the trick, I guess. Just in time for the homework too.

27. - Top - End - #507

BardGuy

Took a while but beat Shiva without gaining another cap break, or really anything recent for Auron and Locke particularly.

That brings me back to Leviathan, although I suppose that may need a detour with Ramuh etc. as well.

28. - Top - End - #508

Took a while but beat Shiva without gaining another cap break, or really anything recent for Auron and Locke particularly.

That brings me back to Leviathan, although I suppose that may need a detour with Ramuh etc. as well.
    gl man. Any progress?

I did my usual 2-pulls-per-fest-banner this morning (German time).

1st pull, Fang LBO. Kinda disappointing, but I have a pretty stacked Fang (AASB+Sync, and some other stuff).

2nd pull, Fang DAASB, Ysh G+, Rinoa Sync, Garnet AASB. Fang is now A++, Rinoa is A++ (already had a Dyad and AASB for her), Ysh is uhh better, and Garnet is uhh better.

With this I feel I can take down XIII content. Have 3 damagers with AASB+Sync (and more), solid healer, and a free spot.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #509

Banner 2 was ok. Again 2 pulls, got Firion LBO and AASB. I have like nothing else for him though.

Banner 3… pull 1, Kain DAASB and OK sync. Jackpot. Pull 2, Kain DAASB.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #510

BardGuy

^I was busy NYE so I was hoping Banner 3 would help. Which seems determined to give me stuff for everyone except Kain.