New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So I figured out why Alex and Levi hurt so much. Their main attacks are omni-elemental. Means it's probably best to get the 5 Odin kills for the accessories before tackling them.
    Ouch.

I still only have 4 down. Think I’ll beat maybe Holy or Lightning weak tonight. Relying on Titan to break some rage.

Edit: and by tonight I mean... in the next week. Ahh work and family.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-08 at 03:30 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Lost some time yesterday but got Cardia done. I splurged on Quina BSB2 (Angel's Banquet) which helped quite a bit.

This morning I made it past Typhon. Which leaves Adamant and Lakshmi.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Lost some time yesterday but got Cardia done. I splurged on Quina BSB2 (Angel's Banquet) which helped quite a bit.

This morning I made it past Typhon. Which leaves Adamant and Lakshmi.
    Awesome!

... then Odin :P

Take yer time though.

With WoL’s AASB I took down the 450 I torment. Good times.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Started messing around with Earth teams to try and take on Odin with. I have 2 things on this:

Thing 1: I really hate these fights. End game fights in this game are absolutely horrible. 95% of enemy attacks are either piercing, multi-elemental, ignore blinks, or have stupidly high multipliers. And more often than not, all of the above. Add in the other BS like starting the fights with 2 stacks of imperil on you, or Doom, or insane damage/defense boosts and they're just straight up not fun. On a minorly positive note, since half the attacks ignore blinks, the mirror image gimmick is easier to sustain.

Thing 2: Holy **** Kelgar. Calm down man! USB + AASB is an insane amount of damage. Got Earth weak Odin to 60% just with Kelgar alone (Galuf, Dorgann, and Tyro got wiped pretty early). With that combo, Kelgar does 7x2+8+8 (30) attacks per turn. Dorgann would be doing 4x2+6+6+imperil if he survived. Pretty dang good dps if I can get past the BS damage from above.

TL:DR - End game in FFRK is utter crap.

Edit: Also Magia. Screw Magia
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-08 at 02:01 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #35

Started messing around with Earth teams to try and take on Odin with. I have 2 things on this:

Thing 1: I really hate these fights. End game fights in this game are absolutely horrible. 95% of enemy attacks are either piercing, multi-elemental, ignore blinks, or have stupidly high multipliers. And more often than not, all of the above. Add in the other BS like starting the fights with 2 stacks of imperil on you, or Doom, or insane damage/defense boosts and they're just straight up not fun. On a minorly positive note, since half the attacks ignore blinks, the mirror image gimmick is easier to sustain.

Thing 2: Holy **** Kelgar. Calm down man! USB + AASB is an insane amount of damage. Got Earth weak Odin to 60% just with Kelgar alone (Galuf, Dorgann, and Tyro got wiped pretty early). With that combo, Kelgar does 7x2+8+8 (30) attacks per turn. Dorgann would be doing 4x2+6+6+imperil if he survived. Pretty dang good dps if I can get past the BS damage from above.

TL:DR - End game in FFRK is utter crap.

Edit: Also Magia. Screw Magia
    Oh man, when you have a USB with a chase combined with an AASB with a chase... 'das nice.

Odin. Odin. I think Odin's not so bad, EXCEPT FOR PHASE 3. Ermagersh. Not a fan.

Nicest thing about Odin... phase 1, got 5 whole seconds to buff and build gauge as much as possible
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

.. and then you die because you killed it TOO GOOD and triggered a phase-transition instant attack right after a normal enemy action and your healers didn't have a chance to activate in between.

Edit - oh that reminds me I actually have that combo for Kelger. I should get him on the priority list for leveling.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-08 at 04:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Oh man, when you have a USB with a chase combined with an AASB with a chase... 'das nice.

Odin. Odin. I think Odin's not so bad, EXCEPT FOR PHASE 3. Ermagersh. Not a fan.

Nicest thing about Odin... phase 1, got 5 whole seconds to buff and build gauge as much as possible
    Just took a shot at Holy weak Odin. Got him to 10% and hit the insta-kill Pretty sure if I take a another round or 2 of using Sync before going into AASB > HA spam I could get him. Be close though. Wish I had Agrias' AASB (or AOSB for anyone). Best part about Holy weak Odin? Aerith's Prayer of Salvation BSB (gives 1 level of Dark resist) and Madeen exist. Can just neuter his damage.

Also realized I never did the 15 mithril pull on the Dark elemental banner so let's do that!

4/11 all disco

Seymour CSB - Okay. Gen 1 CSB. Bit useless having both Seifer and CoDs CSBs.
    Leon USB2 - Okay. Dark radiant shield. Not bad
    Ultimecia AASB - Ok. Dark and Wind magic AASB. Not bad. No EnElement it looks like though
    Barbariccia AASB - This is... a wind focused AASB. Only thing Dark related is the entry damage. Still, a decent AASB. Damage barrier is always nice to have in a squishy mage team.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    .. and then you die because you killed it TOO GOOD and triggered a phase-transition instant attack right after a normal enemy action and your healers didn't have a chance to activate in between.
    Yup. Had that problem with Titan quite a few times. Cloud too OP and pushes him juuuuust (literally .1% past the threshold) into phase 2 and screws everything up.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-08 at 04:25 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Got a few Elem/Realm tickets, decided to throw a few at Core to fish for those all-purpose Tyro/Elarra goodies. 3 hits for Tyro over 2 tickets - the Haste/crit-fixing USB, instant-cast Medica/Esuna glint, and the Overstrike with attached full-buff that should stack with pretty much anything (ATK/MAG/DEF/RES - not sure there's an accepted jargon for this?) Think this pretty much cements him as Designated WrathBot in cases where I don't have realm restrictions, at least.

9. - Top - End - #39

Edit - oh that reminds me I actually have that combo for Kelger. I should get him on the priority list for leveling.
    Just took a shot at Holy weak Odin. Got him to 10% and hit the insta-kill Pretty sure if I take a another round or 2 of using Sync before going into AASB > HA spam I could get him. Be close though. Wish I had Agrias' AASB (or AOSB for anyone). Best part about Holy weak Odin? Aerith's Prayer of Salvation BSB (gives 1 level of Dark resist) and Madeen exist. Can just neuter his damage.

Also realized I never did the 15 mithril pull on the Dark elemental banner so let's do that!

4/11 all disco

Seymour CSB - Okay. Gen 1 CSB. Bit useless having both Seifer and CoDs CSBs.
    Leon USB2 - Okay. Dark radiant shield. Not bad
    Ultimecia AASB - Ok. Dark and Wind magic AASB. Not bad. No EnElement it looks like though
    Barbariccia AASB - This is... a wind focused AASB. Only thing Dark related is the entry damage. Still, a decent AASB. Damage barrier is always nice to have in a squishy mage team.

Yup. Had that problem with Titan quite a few times. Cloud too OP and pushes him juuuuust (literally .1% past the threshold) into phase 2 and screws everything up.
    Samesies. Problems with Titan. Cloud and Butz would both do it. Even just 1 crit in the wrong place.

And grats on the pull!
    Got a few Elem/Realm tickets, decided to throw a few at Core to fish for those all-purpose Tyro/Elarra goodies. 3 hits for Tyro over 2 tickets - the Haste/crit-fixing USB, instant-cast Medica/Esuna glint, and the Overstrike with attached full-buff that should stack with pretty much anything (ATK/MAG/DEF/RES - not sure there's an accepted jargon for this?) Think this pretty much cements him as Designated WrathBot in cases where I don't have realm restrictions, at least.
    Good to overwrite the Dreambreaker debuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

So to deflate me and Danzibr's Titan clear, here's a 35s, 3 man clear of Shiva

If only I had Balthiers stuff....

Edit: Second Dark Odin down!

Replaced Shelke with Lightning equipped with USB2, Sync, and Glint+ and replaced Aerith with Elarra. Managed to kill him in 40:42. Reason for the switch was Lightning Sync with Glint can (sometimes) break cap but her USB2's Row QC combined with Elarra QC gave the team the bit of extra damage I was missing the first time. Did get quite hairy a couple times on the HP front but oh well. 3 more to go!

Edit Edit: The new 100 mithril/6k gem draw would be tempting, if the bonus Sync wasn't pure RNG on what you get
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-08 at 08:10 PM.

Steam Profile

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Revisiting the Unleashed Soul battles; spamming Edge's Blink/Last Stand USB got through level 3 (Twin Headed Dragon) comfortably, although his DPS on it was a bit on the sad side. Currently being walled at level 4, Holy Dragon; I can survive pretty comfortably, between that same infinite Haste/Last Stand and repeatable healer soul breaks, but I don't have a good DPS rig going. Probably need to try to insert a Chain into this one, or else find a couple more stackable buffs to throw in.. hmm. Should swap in Tyro, I suppose, see how it goes with 100% crit chance.

Edit: Ok, Tyro put it over the top nicely between the crit fix and the extra buff from the OSB.. somewhat respectable damage output from said OSB, too, so that's nice. Had Galuf with a USB Imperiling Earth, Beatrix Awakened and still managing to throw cap-breaking Earth Sabers, Lenna spamming her Brave USB for continuous quick cast/Regenga setting/healing, and Edge Last Standing just in case somebody got caught outside the heal cycle. Even Edge eventually got up to doing ok damage.. unlimited Soul Break is a heck of a drug.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-08 at 09:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

So to deflate me and Danzibr's Titan clear, here's a 35s, 3 man clear of Shiva.

Edit: Second Dark Odin down!
    3rd dark Odin down! Yeah, Noctis Sync + AASB is as nuts as it looks in that video. He just ripped through Odin like nothing.

So thats Holy, Fire, and Lightning weak down. Dark weak isn't going to happen. Being dark weak and the last of the line, he's the hardest. Ice might be doable, and I'm still pretty sure I can manage Wind and/or Earth.

Steam Profile

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Inspired by this and remembering how haphazard my Mist Dragon clear currently is.. put a ticket in here.
    Rainbow, double disco.
    Rainbow is doublecast darkness abilities for Rufus. 'kay, probably useful, will need to check if I have anything else for him.
    USB for Setzer, party IC1 and chases Support abilities. Well, that's interesting, but probably not going to be used much. It's a +Dark weapon, at least, although Thrown is kind of a weird category for it.. I guess Dark is one of the Sharpshooter elements.
    Thunder God's Awakening, 100% crit and Wakes Knight and Darkness abilities. Yeah, that's a winner
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-08 at 11:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

3rd dark Odin down! Yeah, Noctis Sync + AASB is as nuts as it looks in that video. He just ripped through Odin like nothing.

So thats Holy, Fire, and Lightning weak down. Dark weak isn't going to happen. Being dark weak and the last of the line, he's the hardest. Ice might be doable, and I'm still pretty sure I can manage Wind and/or Earth.
    Yay, grats!

I’ve been sitting on 4 Odins forever. Time to get crackalackin.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay, grats!

I’ve been sitting on 4 Odins forever. Time to get crackalackin.
    I almost had earth weak down. Got him to .8% and got wiped Should be able to get a kill on him eventually (can get to phase 3 easily) but that phase 3 is rough.

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #46

I almost had earth weak down. Got him to .8% and got wiped Should be able to get a kill on him eventually (can get to phase 3 easily) but that phase 3 is rough.
    Yeah man that’s rough :(

Phase 3 is exactly why I think Odin is harder than Omega.

EDIT: OH! Forgot to mention, WoL has a really cool LMR. Chance to counter with a mini Healing Smite. Lots of style.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-09 at 05:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Is this summer 100 mithril pull worth it? It seems to give a free sync relic in addition to the normal pulls?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Edit Edit: The new 100 mithril/6k gem draw would be tempting, if the bonus Sync wasn't pure RNG on what you get
    To be honest, I'm just salty that I forgot it was coming. I do not have the resources for it after five banners and the entire LotR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Is this summer 100 mithril pull worth it? It seems to give a free sync relic in addition to the normal pulls?
    Short version: It depends. The gacha itself offers anything from BSBs up, including some Syncs. So you might get something nice from the base pull, or not. After that, you get one randomly-selected Sync from a much smaller selection pool.

If you have the mythril to spend and are in need of syncs, you're basically spending 100 mythril for 1 guaranteed sync. That's not bad, honestly - Syncs are game-changers. If, on the other hand, you have multiple Syncs and fear dupes, or you are short on mythril, it may not be for you. Like many other banners, it's a question of prioritization.

That's the best way to look at it, though - paying 100 mythril for 1 random Sync, plus possibly some other goodies. If that interests you, go for it.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    That's the best way to look at it, though - paying 100 mythril for 1 random Sync, plus possibly some other goodies. If that interests you, go for it.
    I have one of the ones from that short list of syncs which is slightly worriesome. Right now I have Rem's, Lunafreaya's (the potential dupe) and Rydia's. Could definitely use a Sync on almost any of the other elemental teams so its definitely tempting to pull. I'm at 125 mithril since I just caught up on all the regular realm dungeons. I have like 200 elite realm dungeons to complete too so I guess I will have mithril coming in for some time now. Will think about it.

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    I have one of the ones from that short list of syncs which is slightly worriesome. Right now I have Rem's, Lunafreaya's (the potential dupe) and Rydia's. Could definitely use a Sync on almost any of the other elemental teams so its definitely tempting to pull. I'm at 125 mithril since I just caught up on all the regular realm dungeons. I have like 200 elite realm dungeons to complete too so I guess I will have mithril coming in for some time now. Will think about it.
    Pull! Pull! Pull!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

I did end up pulling:
    Noctis AOSB
    Gladiolus AOSB
    Ayame Awakening
    Golbez Glint (green one)
    Lion’s USB

Sync was Shadow’s which helps my physical Dark team a bunch (though I havent unlocked the 4* Dark magicite boss yet heh)

Well worth it it seems.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

And we're back to our regularly scheduled post fest weekly events. With it, comes a new banner. Not a great banner, but some interesting things. Next II event is better if you want Hilda relics.

That said:

100 gem - Maria Sync.

Sync #8! (Tho was kind of hoping for Josef AASB)

Edit: Her sync kinda sucks. By itself it can eventually deal 8+8+5 every other turn. Stacked with AASB it can do 8+8+8 every other turn. And it may just be because it's only rank 1, but the Sync commands hit like crap too. Under (physical so no mag boost) CSB, AASB + Synch, Sync command 2, and OK mUSB she couldn't break cap on Earth weak Odin phase 1 rage 2.

Edit 2: If anyones wondering, squishy mage teams are squishy. Do not recommend against Odin.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-10 at 01:39 AM.

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

So.. just to make sure, there's no additional benefits from trying to push for more Archeoavis kills after you get all the Grade rewards, right? No secret bonus for carving up 20 of them or something silly?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

So.. just to make sure, there's no additional benefits from trying to push for more Archeoavis kills after you get all the Grade rewards, right? No secret bonus for carving up 20 of them or something silly?
    Nope. Just whale bragging rights for sub 30-ing them.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #55

Nope. Just whale bragging rights for sub 30-ing them.
    Speaking of which, that was a fun battle. It’s nice to be able to use the good USBs with your AASB/Sync. Usually I’m starved for gauge.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of which, that was a fun battle. It’s nice to be able to use the good USBs with your AASB/Sync. Usually I’m starved for gauge.
    Agreed. Got to let team Lightning see how far they could carry. Got 15 on the regular and 13 on the full gauge.

Steam Profile

27. - Top - End - #57

Huh... the summer sun special draw has different bonus relics than what JP had. Notably, fewer. Now lacks the dupes for me. Either gotta scrounge you the mythril or spend the dollas or pass. Hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

So Monday could be very interesting.

Anyway, catch up
    Banner 5-got enough mithril in time, and pulled hoping for Noctis. Right realm wrong characters. Iris' usb2 is interesting but kind of hard to cram in, while her glint and/or awakening would probably help a lot more.

Luna looks strong on paper but she has to contend with Rydia and even in realm still missing awakening.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-07-11 at 07:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    So Monday could be very interesting.

Anyway, catch up
    Banner 5-got enough mithril in time, and pulled hoping for Noctis. Right realm wrong characters. Iris' usb2 is interesting but kind of hard to cram in, while her glint and/or awakening would probably help a lot more.

Luna looks strong on paper but she has to contend with Rydia and even in realm still missing awakening.
    You got Luna sync???

I used my ticket on Lightning. Got Desch CSB and Prompto AASB. Very pleased. Going to attempt Odin and Omega Lightning.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally! Ice weak Odin down! That was a irritatingly tight kill, and I doubt I could reliably repeat it. Ended up getting the 6* ice Spellblade and Sharpshooter skill and getting Trey with AASB/USB up and going. Sounds like an odd choice but Trey was capping out of the gate with no magia, while Squall and Sora both had to crit to cap

Oh well. 4 down, 1 to go. Will probably grab the 6* earth ninja skill and see if that can get me the kill since I can get Earth weak down to just a few % without it (for reference, I could barely get ice weak to 20% before Trey and the 6* skills).

I used my ticket on Lightning. Got Desch CSB and Prompto AASB. Very pleased. Going to attempt Odin and Omega Lightning.
    Good luck with Omega. I still haven't been able to kill Lightning weak yet.

Steam Profile