New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Finally! Ice weak Odin down! That was a irritatingly tight kill, and I doubt I could reliably repeat it. Ended up getting the 6* ice Spellblade and Sharpshooter skill and getting Trey with AASB/USB up and going. Sounds like an odd choice but Trey was capping out of the gate with no magia, while Squall and Sora both had to crit to cap

Oh well. 4 down, 1 to go. Will probably grab the 6* earth ninja skill and see if that can get me the kill since I can get Earth weak down to just a few % without it (for reference, I could barely get ice weak to 20% before Trey and the 6* skills).

Good luck with Omega. I still haven't been able to kill Lightning weak yet.
    Grats!

And thanks! That gl must’ve done it, another Odin down. Omega time.

Edit: aaaaand Omega down. This was actually one of the easiest elements for me. Surely due in part to using Titan.

Kain did Hurricane Bolt > Impulse Drive x2 > AASB > HB > ID x2 > Sync at some point
    Ignis buffed Kain and Prompto and did Entrusting
    Larsa did Astra and G+
    Prompto did Plasma Shock until CSB, then PS until AASB, then more PS and refresh CSB
    Elarra did G+, Dispel, Passionate Salsa, USB
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-12 at 04:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

hmm. Got up to 100 mithril.

Pull on the Random Bonus Sync banner? (I have 2 of the bonus features already, so there's some reasonable chance of duplicate here.)
    Pull on the Focused Relic Draw/Choose bonus Awakening banner? (Guaranteed to come with at least 1 useful thing, I think I'd probably use it to get another Healer woke for realm variety, or if there's a keystone Awakening somewhere you guys can recommend it would be good to know.)
    Just save it for now, there's something coming up in the nearish future I should try to fish for?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post

Pull on the Random Bonus Sync banner? (I have 2 of the bonus features already, so there's some reasonable chance of duplicate here.)
    Pull on the Focused Relic Draw/Choose bonus Awakening banner? (Guaranteed to come with at least 1 useful thing, I think I'd probably use it to get another Healer woke for realm variety, or if there's a keystone Awakening somewhere you guys can recommend it would be good to know.)
    Just save it for now, there's something coming up in the nearish future I should try to fish for?
    Well the upcoming Tactics banner is going to be a popular one featuring Orlandau/Gagggarion's Syncs, and Marache's AASB. Otherwise if you haven't, do any remaining 15 mithril elemental/realm draws.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I would favor the awakening pick, but FFT is strong. We should get the magicite support banners with Diabolos but those are a bit weirder and you may be content with just the ticket pulls.

5 Star down!

Lakshmi was relatively simple. *nervous laugh* Basically I went all out offense on Gabranth with Wicked Press aside from chain. He probably could do more with his other LMRs, but that seemed to make up the difference.

Adamantoise on the other hand is still a slog. Mostly everything went right as far as timing and OK went oldschool by mainly using his magic buff USB. Enwind would probably help with the initial phase, but if I do so now that will be for Titan.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-07-13 at 01:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Oof. Yeah 100 mythril for a guaranteed sync is real nice, but since you already have 2, I'd pass.
    Well the upcoming Tactics banner is going to be a popular one featuring Orlandau/Gagggarion's Syncs, and Marache's AASB. Otherwise if you haven't, do any remaining 15 mithril elemental/realm draws.
    Seconded. I should have enough mythril for 1, maybe 2 pulls on the T banner. Love me some Orlandeau.

I should maybe apply 50 mythril to the 2nd II banner. One of 2 realms that I have 0 AASBs for. Plus I could really use someone on team mag Earth to support Rydia (lookin' at you, Maria or Emperor).
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    I would favor the awakening pick, but FFT is strong. We should get the magicite support banners with Diabolos but those are a bit weirder and you may be content with just the ticket pulls.

5 Star down!

Lakshmi was relatively simple. *nervous laugh* Basically I went all out offense on Gabranth with Wicked Press aside from chain. He probably could do more with his other LMRs, but that seemed to make up the difference.

Adamantoise on the other hand is still a slog. Mostly everything went right as far as timing and OK went oldschool by mainly using his magic buff USB. Enwind would probably help with the initial phase, but if I do so now that will be for Titan.
    Grats!

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Odin/Omega victory was even pre-magia in Prompto and (full) in Kain. Feeling good about Leviathan. Especially if I use my Titan and 'roided out Rydia to get me a Ramuh first.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-13 at 02:18 AM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    EDIT: Oh yeah, the Odin/Omega victory was even pre-magia in Prompto and (full) in Kain. Feeling good about Leviathan. Especially if I use my Titan and 'roided out Rydia to get me a Ramuh first.
    Ramuh is considered the second hardest 6*, only behind the upcoming Diabolos. So fair warning.

Leviathan is.. evil. His gimmick is all in phase 1. You start the battle with a 45s doom timer, which then gets reduced by certain attacks, and he has one ability that reduced on members doom to 5 seconds.

After one of his attacks, he spawns 1-3 bubbles based on how many people have Enlightening, which he removed quite early. Killing the bubbles increases the doom timer for the person who got the killing blow.

Oh, and one of Levi's attacks is omni-elemental.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-13 at 03:40 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Ramuh is considered the second hardest 6*, only behind the upcoming Diabolos. So fair warning.

Leviathan is.. evil. His gimmick is all in phase 1. You start the battle with a 45s doom timer, which then gets reduced by certain attacks, and he has one ability that reduced on members doom to 5 seconds.

After one of his attacks, he spawns 1-3 bubbles based on how many people have Enlightening, which he removed quite early. Killing the bubbles increases the doom timer for the person who got the killing blow.

Oh, and one of Levi's attacks is omni-elemental.
    Yikes.

I still want to give it a go. Assuming I get Ramuh without too much of a hassle.

On the one hand, Titan was bad but not too bad. On the other hand, Titan is one of the easiest 6*s. On the other other hand, I now have Titan for my Earth team. On the other other other hand, team Wind had Cloud with a great support crew. On the other other other other hand, I have Rydia with AASB and Sync and a gen 2 CSB. On the other other other other other hand, I don’t think Rydia alone can cut in, and I don’t have even a mediocre second dps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Alrighty unlocked the 5* Magicites. And man they gave a ton of pre leveled 5* Magicites for doing that. Kinda makes the leveling and farming for 4* magicites seem kinda pointless. I guess I still need those for inheritance (maybe?) I haven't fooled around with that yet. So far the 2nd level cap broken on my FF IV Historia crystal seems to be doing all the work I need without messing with Magicite decks. Im guessing that will change now at the 5* ones.

For the weekly and monthly 6* Mote quests I only need to hit 10% of a bosses health to "complete" it right? Which means it should be pretty straight forward to do those quests even if I just front load suicide into the 5* Magicites?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Oof. Yeah 100 mythril for a guaranteed sync is real nice, but since you already have 2, I'd pass.
    I'm... mostly inclined to agree. The Sync banner just feels too risky for me.

And as a general rule, I avoid the Focused Relic banners. They just aren't as appealing. Generally, you can do as well or better pulling from the Elemental/Realm draws.

Seconded. I should have enough mythril for 1, maybe 2 pulls on the T banner. Love me some Orlandeau.
    I admit this one sorely tempts me. But even without a Sync, RAIJIN CID with an Awakening is an absolute beast.

I should maybe apply 50 mythril to the 2nd II banner. One of 2 realms that I have 0 AASBs for. Plus I could really use someone on team mag Earth to support Rydia (lookin' at you, Maria or Emperor).
    Speaking as someone who has Maria's USB and Emperor's Chain, I can confirm that they are worth investing in. They are awesome on my Earth MAG team. I mean, Rydia absolutely carries the thing, but these two are fantastic. Particularly noteworthy is that Emperor has a Legend Materia with a chance to counter MAG attacks with Imperil Earth, which is super useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Alrighty unlocked the 5* Magicites. And man they gave a ton of pre leveled 5* Magicites for doing that. Kinda makes the leveling and farming for 4* magicites seem kinda pointless. I guess I still need those for inheritance (maybe?) I haven't fooled around with that yet. So far the 2nd level cap broken on my FF IV Historia crystal seems to be doing all the work I need without messing with Magicite decks. Im guessing that will change now at the 5* ones.
    When facing 5-star Magicites, yes, you will want to have a 5-star Magicite in your main slot. Historia Crystals are nice, but you want the raw power of those overflow elemental hits to help you break Rage.

Oh, get used to breaking Rage, too. That's going to be a thing now.

That's not to say the work you put into 4-stars is pointless. You'll still want to stock your deck with them. And yes, inheritance is very much a thing - it's honestly pretty efficient to level 4-star Magicites for inheritance purposes. At least until you can easily farm 5-stars.

For the weekly and monthly 6* Mote quests I only need to hit 10% of a bosses health to "complete" it right? Which means it should be pretty straight forward to do those quests even if I just front load suicide into the 5* Magicites?
    Correct. If a quest says "Complete," you just have to hit 10%. This also applies to the Cardia Dungeons - some of them require "Master," but some only require "Complete," which is a much lower hurdle. A suicide run is indeed an effective gambit.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-07-13 at 10:24 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Odin number 5 is down!

Took Clud/Zidane/Faris with Aerith/Elarra and just outlasted him.

Now to work on Leviathan with my new accessories.

Oh and best part about beating the 5 odins? 40 free inventory slots! Keeping some of the HP accessories and instant-KO in vault but otherwise, shattering time.

Edit: Who would you like more as an RW (useless as they are anymore) Lightning/Noctis Sync or Aerith/Elarra AASB?

For now it's set to Noctis Sync since Lightning Sync really requires Running Start to take full advantage of it
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-13 at 10:58 AM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Who would you like more as an RW (useless as they are anymore) Lightning/Noctis Sync or Aerith/Elarra AASB?

For now it's set to Noctis Sync since Lightning Sync really requires Running Start to take full advantage of it
    Honestly, I'd probably use a healer Awakening over an elemental Sync. Syncs are, ultimately, situational - if you don't use it with a character with the right abilities to trigger it, half of its efficacy is lost. And even Syncs like Lightning's or Noctis', which are so good you can almost use them across elements, are going to be similarly situational. By contrast, a healer Awakening does exactly what it says on the tin, and every party has at least one healbot to make use of it.

Between the two, it's a tricky choice. Aerith's entry includes three turns of PHY quickcast, which Elarra's lacks. Elarra's Awoken mode includes BRD abilities, which Aerith's does not. Aerith's chaser includes an HP Stock, while Elarra's is a straight medica. Ultimately, Elarra's is more general use, but Aerith's is more valuable for PHY parties. I'd give the edge to Aerith for the quickcast and the HP Stock, and because not every healer has BRD abilities on tap.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

12. - Top - End - #72

Odin number 5 is down!

Took Clud/Zidane/Faris with Aerith/Elarra and just outlasted him.

Now to work on Leviathan with my new accessories.

Oh and best part about beating the 5 odins? 40 free inventory slots! Keeping some of the HP accessories and instant-KO in vault but otherwise, shattering time.

Grats!

Yeah having those 5 accessories is super nice.

And gl with Leviathan!

Nearly beat Holy weak Omega. Have a pretty decent Holy team, it's actually a lotta fun, building one. I went with, uhh, not exactly what I expected.

Ignis, BSB and Entrust (dies partway through, then gets rezzed)
    Elarra, G+, USB, AASB (to rez and reapply Haste), Warrior's Hymn
    Yuna, CSB, G+, AOSB (not much, but not nothing, she's also on RW and Magicite duty), Curada >.>
    Agrias, USB, AASB, OSB at the end
    WoL, USB, AASB, G, AOSB, OSB if necessary at the end

I definitely would've won, got it down to a couple %, messed up with timing and not bringing the right SBs. It's quite a fun battle.

Edit edit: yeah got ‘em. That’s 6 omegas. Just Fire n Ice left.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-13 at 05:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

And gl with Leviathan!
    Thanks. Got him to ~50% on my last run but it's going to require a second DPS besides Noctis. He can't do a whole lot without an extra source of EnLightning outside AASB. Going to tag in Aranea later and see what she can do. Once I got him out of Phase 1 he was kind of a push over damage wise. Only had 1 attack that did more than 5k and that was even in rage 2/3. Going to have to stick reraise on Aerith too.

Edit: <Bad information removed>

Edit: Mage Water team is getting Magia'd is why that came up.

Strago - CSB/Water radiant shield USB
    Luna - Sync, AASB, Glint+
    Dr Mog - AASB, AOSB
    OK AASB as backup if needed.

Edit: Mog AASB has this chase effect which is why he made the team - Marine Wave: After using Water abilities, chases alternately with [AOE Water/NE magic attacks + minor Fire Break] > [4 single-target Water/NE magic attacks, Water Damage +10% to party]
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-14 at 03:16 AM.

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

So is there any real reason to keep gear that has no special effects on it? Like random gear that gave a soul break or something? I have so much random 5* gear that seems utterly useless.

And is it even worth it to keep weapons with added elemental damage? I lose a ton of attack/mag compared to the artifacts I have if I use them. Only in some niche cases where I have realm synergy PLUS an elemental effect PLUS a 7* item does it seem to be better than an artifact.

15. - Top - End - #75

So is there any real reason to keep gear that has no special effects on it? Like random gear that gave a soul break or something? I have so much random 5* gear that seems utterly useless.

And is it even worth it to keep weapons with added elemental damage? I lose a ton of attack/mag compared to the artifacts I have if I use them. Only in some niche cases where I have realm synergy PLUS an elemental effect PLUS a 7* item does it seem to be better than an artifact.
    Absolutely keep your +elem damage gear, especially armor. Each piece is +20%. You can get high stats other ways (water, mastering relics, record board, buffs in battle), and there’s the stat cap. You’re usually better off with a weapon/armor with lower attack/mag but +elem damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Random 5* stuff - not really, no. I suppose if you're particularly dedicated you could vault-swap it for Realm synergies to fill slots where you don't have an armor with a wanted bonus, but I would recommend turning it into Rainbow Crystals or using it to up the Augment ranks on more relevant armors/weapons.

For the weapons, it depends a lot on how many other buffs you can get in your team. If you happen to have a net +150% (this may not have full effect, I believe there's another cap on just how much you're allowed to buff a stat) or so attack buff going (such as by combining two different compatible Boostgas, a stat-raising Soul Burst mode or entry-bonus effect, and a Dark Bargain/Hailstorm type boost) .. then you're going to be blowing through the softcaps with basically any leveled character using appropriate equipment, which means additional points of Attack are experiencing significant diminished returns - especially because you'll be getting bonus base stats from your Magicites/Historia Crystal in almost all content. At that point, dropping 50 or even 100 points of base Attack in order to get an elemental boost will almost always net more damage, because the +20% boost from the item doesn't care about the Attack damage formula.

Question is a bit harder to answer for Magic, because the Magic formula has much higher values before the softcaps kick in - with Attack, 50% (Shout/Major Boostga) + 30% (Moderate Boostga) + 30% self-buff (Dark Bargain/Hailstorm/etc) only requires a bit over 500 points base Attack to hit the first softcap. With Magic, the same values need a touch over 800 - so raw points of Magic retain value longer than raw points of Attack, or you need to scrounge up more buffs to combine.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I'm with everyone else. Generally speaking, I periodically go through what I have by realm - you can sort by realm and add Realm Synergy to see the in-realm stats - and narrow what I keep. I generally keep one or two daggers, one or two swords, and about one of any other weapon type, based on highest stats. I make exceptions, however - for example, +element weapons I hold onto, or I may keep two of a type of weapon if one is MAG and one is ATK. I do something similar with armor.

Anything that doesn't make the cut, I either convert into Rainbow Crystals or, if it's still pretty good and I just might need it, I stick it in the vault. Generally, where I am at this point, if something is BSB or lower and lacks +element, even reforged it's unlikely to compare with my USB, Awakening, or similar gear, so there's not much loss in abandoning it.

But yes. Equipment with +element is going to give you a significant boost over raw ATK numbers. It's definitely worth holding onto. I mean, unless you're drowning in it.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Did a bunch of leveling and blew some motes on Record Spheres, broke into 4* Magicites - Midgardsormr down and sub30. Ultimecia Sync pretty much carries this, her self-reduced cast time for Wind abilities from it is delightful. Think I've got some more leveling to do before trying another element.. could probably go beat up Kraken with Kain's Sync, but I think it'll be smoother with the Lighting Awakens I have on some other characters that aren't done leveling yet. Maybe Isgebind, that's the other one people seem to suggest as an easy entry point - just have to find enough ranged abilities to keep fighting in the flying phases.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I'm with everyone else. Generally speaking, I periodically go through what I have by realm - you can sort by realm and add Realm Synergy to see the in-realm stats - and narrow what I keep. I generally keep one or two daggers, one or two swords, and about one of any other weapon type, based on highest stats. I make exceptions, however - for example, +element weapons I hold onto, or I may keep two of a type of weapon if one is MAG and one is ATK. I do something similar with armor.

Anything that doesn't make the cut, I either convert into Rainbow Crystals or, if it's still pretty good and I just might need it, I stick it in the vault. Generally, where I am at this point, if something is BSB or lower and lacks +element, even reforged it's unlikely to compare with my USB, Awakening, or similar gear, so there's not much loss in abandoning it.

But yes. Equipment with +element is going to give you a significant boost over raw ATK numbers. It's definitely worth holding onto. I mean, unless you're drowning in it.
    Oh yeah. I meant to mention, in the long run, you'll probably use nothing but artifacts for your weapons. Would a USB+++ with synergy beat an artifact with synergy???

Anyway. Short run keep everything, then shard more and more as you replace your weapons with artifacts.
    Did a bunch of leveling and blew some motes on Record Spheres, broke into 4* Magicites - Midgardsormr down and sub30. Ultimecia Sync pretty much carries this, her self-reduced cast time for Wind abilities from it is delightful. Think I've got some more leveling to do before trying another element.. could probably go beat up Kraken with Kain's Sync, but I think it'll be smoother with the Lighting Awakens I have on some other characters that aren't done leveling yet. Maybe Isgebind, that's the other one people seem to suggest as an easy entry point - just have to find enough ranged abilities to keep fighting in the flying phases.
    Grats!

Kain Sync could probably solo Kraken. Still, I'm curious, please keep us posted.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Kain Sync could probably solo Kraken. Still, I'm curious, please keep us posted.
    Hmm. Probably, yeah, especially if I've got enough orbs to make him a proper high-grade Jump to sync-chain with. Ultimecia had Tornado and Meltdown to work with; if I give him like.. Cyclone Bolt and Lightning Dive he should get it mostly done. Definitely would if I splurged out on Impulse Dive. Would feel better with a second DPS, but I suppose that could be Any Random Character with an appropriate ability, doesn't have to be high-grade Soul Burst. (..I'm gonna run out of Wind orbs.)

Edit.. oh hey Braska has a Fire Summoning-focused Awakening and Valigarmanda exists. Not primary element, but that'll do.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-15 at 10:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Hmm. Probably, yeah, especially if I've got enough orbs to make him a proper high-grade Jump to sync-chain with. Ultimecia had Tornado and Meltdown to work with; if I give him like.. Cyclone Bolt and Lightning Dive he should get it mostly done. Definitely would if I splurged out on Impulse Dive. Would feel better with a second DPS, but I suppose that could be Any Random Character with an appropriate ability, doesn't have to be high-grade Soul Burst. (..I'm gonna run out of Wind orbs.)

Edit.. oh hey Braska has a Fire Summoning-focused Awakening and Valigarmanda exists. Not primary element, but that'll do.
    Heck yeah. Several of my initial 5* clears involved off elements.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Heck yeah. Several of my initial 5* clears involved off elements.
    Not even that off, really - if I understand how multi-element abilities work properly it'll strike Weakness from the Lightning part and still benefit from Braska's +Fire traits from the fire part. I was raising Braska to throw him at Isgebind anyways, just forgot one of Valigarmanda's elements is Lightning. He'll probably get used in Tiamat for the same reasons too.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Not even that off, really - if I understand how multi-element abilities work properly it'll strike Weakness from the Lightning part and still benefit from Braska's +Fire traits from the fire part. I was raising Braska to throw him at Isgebind anyways, just forgot one of Valigarmanda's elements is Lightning. He'll probably get used in Tiamat for the same reasons too.
    It will to a point. How multi element skills work is it'll use the highest damage element. With Braska AASB, there's a chance Vali will start doing fire damage instead of lightning thanks to enfire and the stacking enfire buff since Kraken isn't immune to off elements.

This normally isn't an issue with the appropriate chain and an imperil or 2, but something to keep in mind.

Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Kain died to a double Water Cannon counter in the face after one cycle of Cmd 2 into Cmd 1. Forgot to actually set Braska's Awakening as available, he only had his default Soul Burst. Still managed to pull it out, with my level 80+ Historia Crystal providing extra hits and Entrusting bars into Steiner to repeat his OSB for the last chunk. Sub30 mastered Kraken, and considering that was about the sloppiest possible way to do it, I'm pretty sure it'll be repeatable.

Edit: Ok second run failed because I'm an idiot. Set magicite instead of Crystal and forgot to adjust it for an anti-water/plus lightning deck. Having the ..what, 320k? extra damage from the Crystal summons or better DPS and reduction from correct magicites would have gotten through, even with my healer dropping from a counter + Kraken acting combo (counter attacks are really annoying.)

Burst Edit: And Isgebind done too. It doesn't spend as much time flying as I thought it would from checking the AI scripts - I probably could have done it without the ranged backup skill on Firion. First run failed because I didn't notice my healer getting paralyzed until too late (Kind of wish you could hide the +element flags or they moved status markers to the other side of the character or something), second run fairly smooth. Braska and Firion (using a Sharpshooter skill to hit during fly phase) handling primary DPS, Steiner once again chipping in/helping close out the Weak phases with his multi-elemental Overstrike. Braska's not giving as much as I was hoping for - the difference in value between Attack and Magic points really showing here, needs more MAG buffs to shine.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-15 at 05:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

So if anyone else got the push notification about the elemental draws, those are (according to the ffrk twitter account) releasing at daily reset time (8am UTC, 4am EST).

The event itself will last for ~24 days, with daily missions and event missions as follows (if not changed from what JP had):

Daily Missions:
    Clear 1 Magicite Dungeon: 1 Magicite Pick Up Ticket
    Clear 3 Magicite Dungeons: 1 Stamina Potion

Campaign-long Missions:
    Clear 5 Magicite Dungeons: 30 Greater Arcanas
    Clear 10 Magicite Dungeons: 20 of each Greater Orb
    Clear 15 Magicite Dungeons: 1 Artifact Stone
    Clear 20 Magicite Dungeons: 1 Mythril
    Clear 25 Magicite Dungeons: 20 Major Arcanas
    Clear 30 Magicite Dungeons: 10 of each Crystal
    Clear 40 Magicite Dungeons: 1 Mythril
    Clear 50 Magicite Dungeons: 11 Magicite Pick Up Tickets
    So 1-3 magicites a day for the daily, and 50 total magicites for the event.

The banners JP got are here but the banner images that were datamined do indicate we get some changes. The ones we know of are:

Fire - Sephiroth replaces Noctis
    Ice - Celes replaces Rinoa
    Water - Edge replaces Onion Knight
    Holy - Beatrix replaces Pecil

Won't know if there are any more until the event releases. The fire and Ice changes are crap for everyone. Personally torn between the Lightning and Water banners. Rikku AASB/Glint+ would compelte my water team, and Lightning/Aranea AASB's would overpower my Lightning team.

And as a reminder, the draw tickets are for SINGLE x1 pulls only. Average should be anywhere between 4-7 total 5*+ relics over the 35 pulls, but since there's no guarantee, it could be likely you get 35 3*s.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-15 at 10:03 PM.

Steam Profile

26. - Top - End - #86

Kain died to a double Water Cannon counter in the face after one cycle of Cmd 2 into Cmd 1. Forgot to actually set Braska's Awakening as available, he only had his default Soul Burst. Still managed to pull it out, with my level 80+ Historia Crystal providing extra hits and Entrusting bars into Steiner to repeat his OSB for the last chunk. Sub30 mastered Kraken, and considering that was about the sloppiest possible way to do it, I'm pretty sure it'll be repeatable.

Edit: Ok second run failed because I'm an idiot. Set magicite instead of Crystal and forgot to adjust it for an anti-water/plus lightning deck. Having the ..what, 320k? extra damage from the Crystal summons or better DPS and reduction from correct magicites would have gotten through, even with my healer dropping from a counter + Kraken acting combo (counter attacks are really annoying.)

Burst Edit: And Isgebind done too. It doesn't spend as much time flying as I thought it would from checking the AI scripts - I probably could have done it without the ranged backup skill on Firion. First run failed because I didn't notice my healer getting paralyzed until too late (Kind of wish you could hide the +element flags or they moved status markers to the other side of the character or something), second run fairly smooth. Braska and Firion (using a Sharpshooter skill to hit during fly phase) handling primary DPS, Steiner once again chipping in/helping close out the Weak phases with his multi-elemental Overstrike. Braska's not giving as much as I was hoping for - the difference in value between Attack and Magic points really showing here, needs more MAG buffs to shine.
    Grats!
    So if anyone else got the push notification about the elemental draws, those are (according to the ffrk twitter account) releasing at daily reset time (8am UTC, 4am EST).

The event itself will last for ~24 days, with daily missions and event missions as follows (if not changed from what JP had):

So 1-3 magicites a day for the daily, and 50 total magicites for the event.

The banners JP got are here but the banner images that were datamined do indicate we get some changes. The ones we know of are:

Fire - Sephiroth replaces Noctis
    Ice - Celes replaces Rinoa
    Water - Edge replaces Onion Knight
    Holy - Beatrix replaces Pecil

Won't know if there are any more until the event releases. The fire and Ice changes are crap for everyone. Personally torn between the Lightning and Water banners. Rikku AASB/Glint+ would compelte my water team, and Lightning/Aranea AASB's would overpower my Lightning team.

And as a reminder, the draw tickets are for SINGLE x1 pulls only. Average should be anywhere between 4-7 total 5*+ relics over the 35 pulls, but since there's no guarantee, it could be likely you get 35 3*s.
    Thanks for the info!

But that particular scenario, the 35 3*s, has roughly a .000003% chance of occurring :P
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Banner's did get some more changes outside what I noted in the previous post. Just from a quick compare we have:

Fire Banner: Vivi replaced Ace
    Ice banner: Noel replace Snow
    Lightning: Untouched
    Earth: Red XIII and Tifa replace Galuf and Rydia AASB
    Wind: Terra and Zidane replace Fang and Faris
    Water: Quistis replaces Yuffie
    Holy: Hope replaces Agrais
    Dark: Untouched

Still going to focus on Lightning banner I think, tho those earth banner changes are very tempting.

On the drawings themselves, I've gotten the first ticket and the 100 gem pulls out of the way. Got Balthier AASB and Decil LMR.

Going to set up an auto team for a 3* magicite and try and knock out the 50 for the tickets.

Edit: Whoops. My auto 3* magicite idea ended up being an auto 5* magicite. My makeshift mage earth team can auto Behemoth King lol. Can clear it in 30:40 seconds
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-16 at 03:41 AM.

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #88

Banner's did get some more changes outside what I noted in the previous post. Just from a quick compare we have:

Fire Banner: Vivi replaced Ace
    Ice banner: Noel replace Snow
    Lightning: Untouched
    Earth: Red XIII and Tifa replace Galuf and Rydia AASB
    Wind: Terra and Zidane replace Fang and Faris
    Water: Quistis replaces Yuffie
    Holy: Hope replaces Agrais
    Dark: Untouched

Still going to focus on Lightning banner I think, tho those earth banner changes are very tempting.

On the drawings themselves, I've gotten the first ticket and the 100 gem pulls out of the way. Got Balthier AASB and Decil LMR.

Going to set up an auto team for a 3* magicite and try and knock out the 50 for the tickets.

Edit: Whoops. My auto 3* magicite idea ended up being an auto 5* magicite. My makeshift mage earth team can auto Behemoth King lol. Can clear it in 30:40 seconds
    Very nice!

My gems got me... Terra Glint. I might indeed use it.

And nice on the auto! My auto, speed 3, is getting BK down in 15.9s. I think putting Rosa in might speed things up.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Very nice!

My gems got me... Terra Glint. I might indeed use it.

And nice on the auto! My auto, speed 3, is getting BK down in 15.9s. I think putting Rosa in might speed things up.
    How much does speed matter? I'm using speed 5 and ranging from 28-31 seconds depending on how many DCs Krile gets.

Edit: And I can probably reduce that time more if I made the 6* earth summon but really low on crystals atm
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-16 at 04:11 AM.

Steam Profile

30. - Top - End - #90

How much does speed matter? I'm using speed 5 and ranging from 28-31 seconds depending on how many DCs Krile gets.

Edit: And I can probably reduce that time more if I made the 6* earth summon but really low on crystals atm
    Speed can make a huge difference. Speed 1 will lower your in game clock but raise your real life time. The inverse is true for higher speeds. Also, sometimes higher speeds result in wipes, don’t quite get that heal off in time, chain runs out, etc.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ