New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Nothing notable from tickets so far.

My FFT team is showing its age as both Dream and Brushstroke had issues. To say nothing of Zalera. And unlike the IX one, I don't really see any quick or easy "that burst might do it" type fix.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Leviathan is down! I repeat, the fish is sushi! 2nd 6* Magicite down in 36.56 seconds. And done without Ramuh.

Man that was rough. Read on the gfaqs board about using jump attacks to bypass the first 'doom lowered to 5s' so that problem was solved. Bad thing is it delayed Kain from getting going faster. Tried it with Noctis first but that was a no go sadly. Oh well. Likely a repeatable kill. Lightning and Kain both had ~10 seconds left on Doom even when ignoring the bubble mechanic.

Anyhow, thinking of devoting the remaining support tickets to water. Would love to pick up Rikku's Glint+ or AASB. All team water is missing really is the ability to get Rikku up and going faster.

Oh and Danszibr, if you have Rydia's sync and AASB (with Red CSB), she can solo dps Ramuh. I'm sadly lacking her AASB.

Edit: Very repeatable. Second kill down! And 3 seconds faster this time. After I get my 4 kills, I'm going to take a break and redo my decks a bit. Get a 2nd Titan and Madeen. Titan will get Double Empower and the Madeen will get Blade/Spell Wards. Standard general build consensus for 6* seems to be Offensive 6*, Dampen 5*, with 3 Madeens.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-21 at 01:52 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Took a serious shot at a 5* mostly to gauge how much I need for these.. Managed to take down Quetzal. Had some issues breaking rage because I didn't have anything with single high multipliers - had to get all my buffs up and nearly full chain count, but once it got there Kelger and the 6* Ninja Earth skill tore him down pretty quick. ~35 second kill, and I'm pretty sure it can be made sub30 if I figure out how to better optimize action orders and the Entrust sequence.
    Grats! Ahh breaking into 5*s...
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Leviathan is down! I repeat, the fish is sushi! 2nd 6* Magicite down in 36.56 seconds. And done without Ramuh.

Man that was rough. Read on the gfaqs board about using jump attacks to bypass the first 'doom lowered to 5s' so that problem was solved. Bad thing is it delayed Kain from getting going faster. Tried it with Noctis first but that was a no go sadly. Oh well. Likely a repeatable kill. Lightning and Kain both had ~10 seconds left on Doom even when ignoring the bubble mechanic.

Anyhow, thinking of devoting the remaining support tickets to water. Would love to pick up Rikku's Glint+ or AASB. All team water is missing really is the ability to get Rikku up and going faster.

Oh and Danszibr, if you have Rydia's sync and AASB (with Red CSB), she can solo dps Ramuh. I'm sadly lacking her AASB.

Edit: Very repeatable. Second kill down! And 3 seconds faster this time. After I get my 4 kills, I'm going to take a break and redo my decks a bit. Get a 2nd Titan and Madeen. Titan will get Double Empower and the Madeen will get Blade/Spell Wards. Standard general build consensus for 6* seems to be Offensive 6*, Dampen 5*, with 3 Madeens.
    Grats!

Yeah my first near kill would’ve worked... but I made a really dumb last second mistake. My second almost kill, CSB too early, fell off.

Unlike Antonok, don’t think I’ll bother going away from the progression. Too lazy. Will wait till I get more Lightning tech (assuming I beat Ramuh >.>).
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats! Ahh breaking into 5*s...

Grats!

Yeah my first near kill would’ve worked... but I made a really dumb last second mistake. My second almost kill, CSB too early, fell off.

Unlike Antonok, don’t think I’ll bother going away from the progression. Too lazy. Will wait till I get more Lightning tech (assuming I beat Ramuh >.>).
    Not like I wanted to skip Ramuh My absolute best attempt at him after 30 some tries was 58%. I just don't have the tech atm.

Anyhow, got my level 99 Levi. Now to farm 50 5* magicites to fully inherit it 6*'s take wayyyy too much to fully inherit, but no denying the huge boost you get for it.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #125

Not like I wanted to skip Ramuh My absolute best attempt at him after 30 some tries was 58%. I just don't have the tech atm.

Anyhow, got my level 99 Levi. Now to farm 50 5* magicites to fully inherit it 6*'s take wayyyy too much to fully inherit, but no denying the huge boost you get for it.
    Grats!

Just beat Ramuh. It's amazing what a difference actually looking at the AI and understanding the mechanics can make. This go around was waaaaaaaaay easier. I was wanting to do all my dakka ASAP, the key was holding off for the right time.

EDIT: 2nd clear down to 34s (from 40 something). I *kinda* like how they make you beat the same boss multiple times. Really makes you improve.

Edit edit: also, wanted to say... good party composition, timing, and understanding mechanics are seemingly more important than tech. I mean, you need the tech, but I was seriously eyeing Red XIII USBs in the shop, both seem handy, ultimately I brought him with *only* his CSB, and that’s how I got my victories.

Tempting to get all that extra tech, but sometimes ya don’t need it, and furthermore might be a hindrance, trying to cram in extra SBs and deal with input lag.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-21 at 07:48 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Took a run at Adamantoise, using Ultimecia Sync and a Ninja Awakening for the ignores-res Wind ninjutsu..

Ran out of everything at about 40%. Tanky bastich.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Grats!

Just beat Ramuh. It's amazing what a difference actually looking at the AI and understanding the mechanics can make. This go around was waaaaaaaaay easier. I was wanting to do all my dakka ASAP, the key was holding off for the right time.

EDIT: 2nd clear down to 34s (from 40 something). I *kinda* like how they make you beat the same boss multiple times. Really makes you improve.

Edit edit: also, wanted to say... good party composition, timing, and understanding mechanics are seemingly more important than tech. I mean, you need the tech, but I was seriously eyeing Red XIII USBs in the shop, both seem handy, ultimately I brought him with *only* his CSB, and that’s how I got my victories.

Tempting to get all that extra tech, but sometimes ya don’t need it, and furthermore might be a hindrance, trying to cram in extra SBs and deal with input lag.
    Who needs all that high end tech when you can just radiant shield kill Diabolos in 26 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Took a run at Adamantoise, using Ultimecia Sync and a Ninja Awakening for the ignores-res Wind ninjutsu..

Ran out of everything at about 40%. Tanky bastich.
    Yeah, Adamantoise is tanky as hell. Only 5* magicite I can't sub30 :/

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #128

Who needs all that high end tech when you can just radiant shield kill Diabolos in 26 minutes?

Yeah, Adamantoise is tanky as hell. Only 5* magicite I can't sub30 :/
    Ewwww 4 real life hours?

Edit: hey Antonok, what are you doing for 6* decks? I have no desire to get 2 copies of all 6*s.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-21 at 03:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Ewwww 4 real life hours?

Edit: hey Antonok, what are you doing for 6* decks? I have no desire to get 2 copies of all 6*s.
    The general set up I've seen (and one I'm going to likely follow) is this set up:

6* with Double Empower
    5* with Double Dampen or Dampen/HP
    Madeen/Alexander with Blade/Spell Wards (or HP/Whatever if you want to skip the wards)
    Madeen with XXX
    Madeen with XXX

Still need to kill Alexander myself for that set up, which should be doable since he's considered by far the easiest* and I have Seph/Cloud/Cid Raines/way too many others to list.

I did take a semi blind pot shot at Shiva based on the 3 man clear video I saw since I pulled Leading Man's AASB. Got her to 27% on my first try. Believe I can get a kill in the next couple attempts with a bit of tweaking. Aerith got put to sleep early and I need to fit an Astra in there for a phase 3 Stop but otherwise damage was relatively minimal. Might also need to do something about a wall or 2. Nope. Looked up the AI after typing this. Better to leave all 3 walls up and let her eat the 150k healing. Having no walls is actually more dangerous to your damage.

Edit*: For the easiest magicite, Alexander sure hits like a truck carrying 10 tons of TNT. Those 9k lasers hurt.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-21 at 05:09 PM.

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #130

The general set up I've seen (and one I'm going to likely follow) is this set up:

6* with Double Empower
    5* with Double Dampen or Dampen/HP
    Madeen/Alexander with Blade/Spell Wards (or HP/Whatever if you want to skip the wards)
    Madeen with XXX
    Madeen with XXX

Still need to kill Alexander myself for that set up, which should be doable since he's considered by far the easiest* and I have Seph/Cloud/Cid Raines/way too many others to list.

I did take a semi blind pot shot at Shiva based on the 3 man clear video I saw since I pulled Leading Man's AASB. Got her to 27% on my first try. Believe I can get a kill in the next couple attempts with a bit of tweaking. Aerith got put to sleep early and I need to fit an Astra in there for a phase 3 Stop but otherwise damage was relatively minimal. Might also need to do something about a wall or 2. Nope. Looked up the AI after typing this. Better to leave all 3 walls up and let her eat the 150k healing. Having no walls is actually more dangerous to your damage.

Edit*: For the easiest magicite, Alexander sure hits like a truck carrying 10 tons of TNT. Those 9k lasers hurt.
    Huh, I did something similar. Pretty much followed Dirge's 6* guide to a tee. Did a whole bunch of inheriting, then I realized... shoot, I only have Titan and Ramuh >.>

That said, I looked through the mastery thread on reddit for Leviathan. I'm totally positive I can beat Leviathan, hopefully without *too* much difficulty. Stacked Kain and Prompto. I have a... pretty complete Lightning, but she's missing her best toys, Awakening and Sync. I'm tempted to try it with her Brave.

Or... could go the Tyro + Elarra crit route.

Or just wait 'till I get better tech >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, I did something similar. Pretty much followed Dirge's 6* guide to a tee. Did a whole bunch of inheriting, then I realized... shoot, I only have Titan and Ramuh >.>

That said, I looked through the mastery thread on reddit for Leviathan. I'm totally positive I can beat Leviathan, hopefully without *too* much difficulty. Stacked Kain and Prompto. I have a... pretty complete Lightning, but she's missing her best toys, Awakening and Sync. I'm tempted to try it with her Brave.

Or... could go the Tyro + Elarra crit route.

Or just wait 'till I get better tech >.>
    That set up is almost identical to what I'm using now which is why I'm going for it.

Been looking at the other 6*s to see what the probabilities of killing soon are.

Ifrit: Micromanagement hellpun intended. A fight where too much dps = death. Possibly can get a kill here with what I have.

Shiva: As noted earlier, pretty certain I can get a kill here soon. Yay for OP Noctis! Phase 3 is hardest due to constant healing and fire dampening/resist.

Valefor: Highly doubtful. On par with Ramuh and Diabolos to round out the top 3 hardest 6*s. My ice is lacking.

Ramuh: Nope. Already tried. Need something more. Either new tech or better brain for stratagizing.

Alexander: I probably could get a kill here if I could figure out how to properly Sephiroth. Mine hits like a wet noodle even with 5* dive, full water, and 100 magia.

Diabolos: Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope epon. I've read the AI thread and clears. This one will wait til the powercreep after next powercreep lol.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-21 at 10:08 PM.

Steam Profile

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Took a shot at Deathgaze Magicite. Everybody died to Doom with .09% health remaining. I have Beatrix almost fully built up to and including getting her unique ability, which let me break Rage pretty much at will.. and it seems to be necessary, Deathgaze rages a LOT. Pretty sure I can win this one tho.

Edit: Yup. Mastered at about 29 seconds.. which seems to be almost necessary, as if you give Deathgaze much more clock than that the Doom timers start finishing and everybody goes down. Final blow matched up almost exactly with the Holy Chain running out. Had to practice restraint and build gauge until I had all the DPS ready to chain up all their buffs. Fortunately Deathgaze does not do a lot of actual damage.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-21 at 10:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Hola all! It's been a while, how have you all been? Was thinking about FFRK the other day and decided to re-download it. Man, there is a LOT of new stuff going on. Was hoping you all could help explain everything new that's happened over the last year and a half(might even be 2 at this point? Not sure). I see there are at least 2 new SB's around, Awoken, and Sync? What's up with them?

What are good banners to pull on as far as the realm specific ones and elemental specific ones? I've done a few, but can do a few more. Got an Ice Chain SB which was cool, several awoken, a few AOSB's, and some USBs. I see we can now BUY certain SB's, which of those are essential buys if you don't have them, and which are just good(and obviously, which should I avoid altogether?).

There are a ton of new dungeons and stuff to explore, I'm honestly lost on where to begin. The last thing I recall doing was finishing up 3* magicite so I could move onto 4*, and I remember that they had just added 350 difficulty(or higher?) fights to event dungeons, which were really hard but with the right team building I could usually beat.

Over-all, a quick run-down would be nice, thanks!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Hola all! It's been a while, how have you all been? Was thinking about FFRK the other day and decided to re-download it. Man, there is a LOT of new stuff going on. Was hoping you all could help explain everything new that's happened over the last year and a half(might even be 2 at this point? Not sure). I see there are at least 2 new SB's around, Awoken, and Sync? What's up with them?

What are good banners to pull on as far as the realm specific ones and elemental specific ones? I've done a few, but can do a few more. Got an Ice Chain SB which was cool, several awoken, a few AOSB's, and some USBs. I see we can now BUY certain SB's, which of those are essential buys if you don't have them, and which are just good(and obviously, which should I avoid altogether?).

There are a ton of new dungeons and stuff to explore, I'm honestly lost on where to begin. The last thing I recall doing was finishing up 3* magicite so I could move onto 4*, and I remember that they had just added 350 difficulty(or higher?) fights to event dungeons, which were really hard but with the right team building I could usually beat.

Awoken breaks allow the user to Break Damage Cap (up to 19999), give double-cast for a specific class of abilities, give a damage bonus for that class of abilities based on the abilities Rank (not star level - number of times honed), and cause that ability class to not consume usages while the Awoken mode lasts. Plus the usual arrangement of additional effects and followup bonuses depending on the particular SB. (Giving party boosts on entries, elemental infusions/EnElement, see the in-game Help or look up the soul burst for additional details.) Even the plain ones that only give the universal effects (Break cap doublecast rank-based damage boost infinite hone count) are very good; these are the current benchmark of stuff you want to chase/build a team around, especially if you don't have a collection that has them yet.

Sync breaks are kind of the next iteration of the Burst Soul Break. They replace your ATK/DEF commands with two infinite use commands; like Burst Soul Breaks, these will often have a setup where they want you to use one command to buff (lower hit count/multiplier but provides a damage buff or cast time reduction or similar) and then the other to DPS (Higher damage but doesn't do anything else interesting.) The gimmick on Syncs is that they can then cast one of your normal abilities as a followup, if the ability is the right kind (usually either a skill class like Thief/Spellblade/Black Magic or an Element); the ATK command is tied to the ability in slot 1, the DEF command to the one in slot 2. Sync breaks also give Break Damage Cap and almost universally give EnElement for their focus element.
    - The Sync followup uses a hone from the linked ability. It cannot do so if it is not possible to spend a hone, such as if that ability is also affected by an Awoken break or if you've just run out of uses.

Let's see.. I only recently came back to the game after an even longer absence (Magicites didn't exist when I left, I think they were still like two months off releasing the last Nightmare dungeon) so some of this might be familiar to you, but..

There are several more ways to improve your characters; the Record Spheres have been extended with the Legend Board and then select characters have what's known as a Record Board. The Legend Board uses 5-star motes, the Record Board uses 6*. Aside from the stat increases, Legend Boards are mainly of interest for unlocking the character's Legend Materia, which are two materia unique to that character. Some of them are kind of dull ('do a little additional damage with a sword'), some are quite nice ('30% chance to dualcast character's primary element or skill school', 'chance to Medica when casting a single-target White spell') The Record Board has a bunch of fairly hefty stat boosts on it, plus some characters have access to what's referred to as a Hero Ability or colloquially a unique skill. These are skills that can only be used by that specific named character, and you have to open up almost all of their Record Boards to get them; you can consider them to be roughly 7* abilities. They will usually have an extra hit, extra damage multiplier, involve additional elements, etc compared to the 6* ones.

Magia points exist, which are basically paragon/champion/etc leveling-after-the-level-cap things; you earn them for completing battles with a level 99 character. They can be assigned to multiple aspects of a character, including the basic stats and bonus damage/resistance in each element. You will likely never cap out a character fully on these unless you are either an insane grinder or you find a way to make a repeatable macro on your device of choice that will automate the process of running Fabul Castle stage 1 for you.

Crystal Waters can be used to increase a character's base stats by up to 30 points, or a pretty significant 1200 HP (very nice for de-squishifying your squishy healers.) These are a somewhat limited but renewable resource. They're mostly obtained from completing the Record Dungeons, but were recently added to the Gysahl Greens shop as a limited/time-refreshing item.

Historia Crystals are a thing now; these are similar to Magicite decks in effect, and cover the full suite of effects that Magicites can have (increased stats/increased damage/reduced elemental damage/etc) but are much slower to level up and have lower numbers in each specific category than a well-tuned Magicite setup would. They also have their greatest effect only for characters of a specific Realm - they're meant to be used primarily in the Cardia dungeons, which is where the high-end Realm focused content is collected. If you have a strong Realm team and can get the related Historia Crystal up to its second level break (level 80+) you'll find that to be a significant help in bootstrapping you through the 4* Magicites without having to buckle into the grind of leveling and inheriting each element to beat the next one.

As for the Realm/Element banners.. honestly, all of them? At least for the discount 15-mythril pull, and until you get some tools that are worth building around - for example, you said you got an Ice-type Chain, so you might want to draw on the Ice banner or keep an eye out for feature banners that have Ice-centric characters to see if you can get some matching abilities to make an Ice-centered team with. For the Realm/Element tickets you will get (there's a few bonus missions that give them, and a couple in the rotation of daily login rewards) I'd recommend putting them into the Core banner for at least a few pulls - Tyro and Elarra have a lot of utility Breaks available there that can be broadly useful in a majority of teams.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-22 at 10:46 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome back. Tychspoon gave a good rundown, but a few more tidbits to add:

Game has became focused around strong elemental teams, with a bit of Realm team focus here lately.

Artifacts and Rainbow Crystals: You'll get items called Artifact Stones, these can be traded in for new weapons. They have a base 300 Attack or Magic when fully leveled and are split into Elemental boost or Realm boost. To upgrade them, you need Rainbow Crystals, when you get my dismantling old gear/Rosetta stones. You can slowly start replacing your weapon stock with these. Gear you want to save is stuff with +element on it, and any non elemental resist accessories are near useless anymore (status resist accessories are almost worthless in high end content now since most statuses are auto hit >_> )

6* Abilities: The old Torment dungeons have a few variations now. Dreams, Torment 2.0, and Phantasm/Dreambreaker (whatever they're called in Global). These are realm focused fights that, among other things, award Rubies, which are used to purchase ability record to make 6* abilities. You should be able to clear the lower Dreams and Torments without much difficulty (pretend Phantasm doesn't exist. It's the current highest tier content). Each ability costs 180 Rubies to purchase, and don't be me, double check you're buying the right ability before buying it

Outside those, you just missed the most recent Fest so it'll be ~3 months before the next one.

Oh, and to everyone: The gyshal shop refreshed today so go get your goodies.

Edit: Huh. I have Edge's AASB. When did I pick that up....
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-22 at 03:23 PM.

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Huh. I have Edge's AASB. When did I pick that up....
    Speaking of something like this, is there a good way to see which chars of yours have decent SBs? Now that I need to make Magic and Physica teams I need to dig through chars to see who has extra awakenings or at least ultras to try to fit on teams.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Speaking of something like this, is there a good way to see which chars of yours have decent SBs? Now that I need to make Magic and Physica teams I need to dig through chars to see who has extra awakenings or at least ultras to try to fit on teams.
    In the party select screen you sort by 'Soul Break' and then by featured element; it'll bring characters that have an SB that includes that element to the top. Not perfect, because it'll also show you things like ancient uniques and default SBs that are largely useless, but you can get a pretty good sense of who might have tools for each element. That's the only kind of overview search I know of; hopefully this will get a later quality of life refinement at some point and let us filter for certain classes of SB or something similar (so you could filter for like 'Lightning USB' or 'Machinist Awoken'.)

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Menu > Library > Collections > sort by Awakenings

Steam Profile

19. - Top - End - #139
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

For Deathgaze, Affliction Break works on the initial Doom. I think you can blink at least some of the count reducers but not 100% certain. As it is I need a bit more offense out of Ramza to be consistent but as a knight his board has a lot of defensive nodes in the way. I suppose now is as good a time as any to keep Leeroying it for the motes etc.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-07-22 at 09:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

snip
    Could I get a quick rundown on which of the 6* abilities are good to have now? I was looking at them the other day and they all looked nice, but obviously there are always going to be the stars(I imagine the 6* 5 hit spellblade abilities will be good to get, I remember getting a lot of mileage out of the old 4 hit spellblade ones).

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Could I get a quick rundown on which of the 6* abilities are good to have now? I was looking at them the other day and they all looked nice, but obviously there are always going to be the stars(I imagine the 6* 5 hit spellblade abilities will be good to get, I remember getting a lot of mileage out of the old 4 hit spellblade ones).
    It really depends on what SBs you have. The multi element spellblades are good budget options, and I'd vote the imperil abilities to be must haves. Outside those it's (for me at least) pick up what my guys can make most use of. Tidus wants Sapphire Shot, Lightning with Sync wants Ripping Plasma and Running Start, Alph and Rydia want the summons, etc.

Steam Profile

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

It really depends on what SBs you have. The multi element spellblades are good budget options, and I'd vote the imperil abilities to be must haves. Outside those it's (for me at least) pick up what my guys can make most use of. Tidus wants Sapphire Shot, Lightning with Sync wants Ripping Plasma and Running Start, Alph and Rydia want the summons, etc.
    Keep in mind that there are different types of 6-star ability, sort of:
    • Nightmare abilities: These are the originals. You got these by completing the Nightmare dungeons, which you most certainly will if you haven't already. Some of them, such as Meltdown, are still quite good. Others, such as Crushdown, are not.
    • Legend Sphere abilities: These are ones you get by using class-specific Legend Spheres (e.g. Monk Sphere, Bard Sphere) on a character's Legend Dive. Notably, this is the only type of 6-star ability of which you can obtain multiple copies. Again, some of these are good, some are not.
    • Ruby abilities: These are ones you get from Rubies obtainable as rewards in Cardia Dungeons. In general, they're going to be better than the other two types.

I say "sort of" because there's no in-game difference between the three. The only difference is how you obtain them.

But yes. As Antonok says, the best abilities are those for which you have use. Rydia is a perfect example - if you don't have her Awakening or Sync, you probably don't need Brothers or Lunar Leviathan. If you do have either, though, you almost certainly do want one or both, as the increase in power is noticeable. Certain abilities are broadly applicable - there are a lot of BLM and SPB users, and therefore multi-element BLM and SPB abilities (e.g. Meltdown, Snowspell Strike) are going to give you a lot of mileage. But aside from those, it's all about what you have.

As I said, aside from Nightmare abilities - all of which you will eventually unlock - and Legend Sphere abilities - of which you can pretty easily get at least one each - the bulk of your 6-star choices will come from Rubies. And Rubies are a finite resource. That means you will eventually be selective in how you spend them. So, the general rule is, don't unless you see an area of need.

EDIT: So, this morning in the daily draw... Disco ball. I now have Kain's Awakening. Honestly, it's pretty decent - it may not have W-Cast, but it gets rid of the major drawback of DRG abilities, the delay. So that's pretty good. And honestly, it makes me feel just a bit better after doing a pull on the Earth and Water element draws (not the magicite ticket ones, the regular ones), both of which gave me precisely one relic - Bartz' original multi-element Awakening, which I already have. So this is an improvement.

An improvement which inspired me to pull on the Wind element draw (again, regular, not magicite ticket). Result? Two disco, one rainbow, all dupes. The rainbow was Estinien's BSB, which is Wind/Dark DRG; the first disco was Ultimecia's OSB, which is Wind/Dark MAG; and the second disco was Luneth's AOSB, ranged Wind PHY. So, not bad, but not ideal. Such is gacha, such is salt.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-07-23 at 08:20 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for all the information all. Gotta say, I'm super overwhelmed with all the new stuff, going to take a while to get going and figure out what to start on first. I think I'm going to take it easy at first and do all the regular(and elite) realm dungeons, get all the stamina shards and mythril they offer and do some more pulls on the element and realm banners.

I do have another question: What are the accolades for? I have a bunch of bronze, and some silver(no gold/platinum/secret though). What is their use in the game?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

I do have another question: What are the accolades for? I have a bunch of bronze, and some silver(no gold/platinum/secret though). What is their use in the game?
    Bragging rights. That's their entire purpose.

So Ifrit. Is squishy. And I mean squishy. Tidus with Sync/AASB ended up blowing through phase 2 in one attack after killing off one pillar. This meant I took a huge OSB hit + 70% heal reduction since I still had 3 pillars* up when he hit the HP threshold to destroy the pillars. Still ended up getting him to 25% on that attempt but chain ran out and everyone else was dead. Will say the real MVP of this fight is Aria. That 100% HP fire shield is stupidly good for this fight.

Still, I do believe I can get a kill. Just need to tell Tidus to calm himself.

*Which was lucky I did manage to kill at least 1 pillar. 4 pillars up when Inferno Hellfire triggers is auto eject.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

So is there a magicite deck guide thats up to date with the fact you get a full set if 5* magicites when you complete the 4*s now?

26. - Top - End - #146

Thanks for all the information all. Gotta say, I'm super overwhelmed with all the new stuff, going to take a while to get going and figure out what to start on first. I think I'm going to take it easy at first and do all the regular(and elite) realm dungeons, get all the stamina shards and mythril they offer and do some more pulls on the element and realm banners.

Welcome back!

I have not much to add beyond what others said.
    Spoiler: Regarding 6* abilities
    Show

The older ones are getting buffed soon iirc, maybe the next fest in like 6 months. With that said, here's what I find useful (my apologies if the names are off, going from memory):

Nightmare abilities: Curada is extremely useful, Affliction Break *sometimes*, everything else pretty much junk

Mote abilities: Snowspell Strike is great, Allegro con Moto can be useful, everything else is junk

Cardia abilities: Passionate Salsa is highly useful. At the beginning I'd focus on getting stuff that fills gaps, as in it's not similar to a 5* ability. Then work on eeking out that extra bit of gauge/dps

Spoiler: Progression
    Show

tl;dr: do a mix of clearing realm dungeons for stam and mythril, record dungeons for crystal water, magicites for well magicite but also motes, and cardia stuff for rat tails and rubies for 6* abilities.

One reason I love FFRK is there's so much stuff to do, a lot of it different.

First, the time sensitive things. Events, yeah. But you also get daily/monthly stuff for beating a certain number of magicites, and also weekly stuff for beating a certain number of dreams/torments/whatever, and also monthly-ish crystal water for beating record dungeons.

Ideally you get a team that can beat a 5* magicite on auto. Then you do that 3ish times per day. Gets your arcana built up (like growth eggs for magicite), as well as 6* motes, used for character upgrades.

The weekly dreams/torments/whatever give you rat tails, used in leveling up historia crystals, the equivalent of magicite but for realms instead of elements. And you get the rubies here that get you the 6* abilities.

Also note with a good elemental team you can beat the lower difficulty cardia battles with several off realm people. Don't worry about having 100% people in realm.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

So in attempting to kill Ifrit, which is a nightmare in micromanagement (OP water team means nothing in this fight), I discovered my magic water team has stupidly ridiculous healing capabilities.

Tyro: Glint, Warder's Apocypha - Glint is a 2k heal + esuna, WA is a 2k HP stock + Astra
    Strago: Waker of Hope LMR - Chance to restore HP (based on max HP) to party when taking damage. Triggers rather often.
    Lunafreya: AASB - Healer AASB entry, with a 5 hit summon chase that then does a party heal
    Elarra - Should be self explanatory

But seriously, screw this fight. So much can go wrong at the slightest provocation. Pillar's can't be AOE'd down or the person casting dies (pillars counter when hit and/or die and inflict pain which increases the damage of the counters so they have to be spread out), can't use magicite or RW on them or the entire party gets hit with the counter, have to watch Ifrit's HP very carefully to avoid triggering his pillar phase, while keeping an eye on the regular phases and rage, has the typical fire magicite damage output...

But got him to 28% on my first mage try. Might just try sticking with this party and see if I can't figure something out with it. Physical wasn't faring much better.

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Apologies for not posting in the new thread earlier, but I've been...distracted. (I wanna say "work" or "writing", but it's really Romancing SaGa Re:Universe. Honest; it's an actually hooking game!)

Anyways: I'd post my new stuff, but it's a lot. Suffice to say that I did the double 50 Myth draw for a free Awakening, hoping to get the rest of Babe's stuff...got nothing. (Save for her Wind Wake, so I *think* I can sub-30 Adamantoise now?). Also, failed to get her Limit Break Overdrive, so my hopes for Complete Waifu are always getting more and more away.

Magicite stuff: been dealing with Holy and Dark magicite. Deathgaze and Madeen can be done; Ark and Lakshmi...not so much. Deathgaze is doable mostly because my Physical Holy team is pretty solid (Agrias for Imperil, Warrior of Light for True Radiant Shield and Chain, Ramza for buffing and Affliction Break, Sarah for healing and one more DPS for fun; I can choose between Firion, Genocide Kid or the THUNDER GOD (who has his THUNDER GOD HERO ABILITY unlocked, which looks awesome as heck!). Madeen can be handled by a surprisingly solid Dark Magic team comprised of Cloud of Darkness, the Emperor and Golbez, plus Keeper and Sarah for buffing. Ark...well, Holy Magic team isn't that bad (Cid Raines, FuSoYa and Rem, plus Spoony Bard for Divine Dirge and Chain), but I lack a proper Wake for any of them, so damage is low. And as for Lakshmi? Well, Physical Dark just isn't cutting it (pun intended - Seifer for Dark Radiant Shield, occasionally Gabranth for Chain, plus Shadow for Ninja skills + USB, but again - no good Dark Wake).

Other stuff: I think I could do the Dreambreaker for FFT. Everyone save for Ovelia has a Wake (Agrias' Holy Wake, Ramza's Knight Wake, Genocide Kid's Knight Wake, plus THUNDER GOD AWAKENING), so it's an inordinately strong team with a heavy Holy focus. Going slowly with event missions, haven't touched Record Dungeons for a while.

As for what 6* abilities to get?
    Nightmare: Curada is a must, because it's the best healing spell at the moment. Affliction Break, as mentioned, is useful against most annoying bosses, because status effects are nasty. I'd also argue for Valigarmanda and Meltdown, since they're tri-element attacks (Fire/Ice/Lightning for Vali, Fire/Wind/Earth for Meltdown) which works great to give a strong move to many casters, particularly those with Elemental Wakes. There *could* be an argument for Dervish, but not really. The rest...eh. Not even the buffs will do a lot: i.e., Ultima goes prism-elemental (i.e., hits ALL elements) but it still sucks in the long run.
    Record Boards: As mentioned, Snowspell Strike is formidable because it's a two-element Spellblade (Ice/Wind) that you can create en masse. Not much of a supporter of Allegro con Moto unless you go for a full Mage team, since it only speeds up casting. Mug Bloodlust is also great, since it's an ATK/DEF buff for you and an ATK/DEF debuff for the enemy AND it hits twice for a good amount AND it's 6*, so all thieves will love you for it. Demonsblade is okay, but not amazing, and Aegis Strike hits poorly but it's one of the few Holy Physical AoEs. Penalty Snipe is utter garbage.
    Record Rubies: As mentioned, Passionate Salsa is amazing because it's a minor Medica coupled with an ATK/DEF/MAG/RES debuff. It's always useful, particularly on those characters that already have a Medica chaser as part of their Legend Materia OR Awakenings. Healing Smite is an amazing Knight move, as it hits for 5 times PLUS it heals an ally for 2000 HP PLUS is a 6* ability, therefore giving you more SB gauge, so all knights will fight you for it. Much like Meltdown and Snowspell Strike, multiple-element spells (Voltech, Blastspell Strike, Stormspell
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    ~snip~
    How good is your Tactics team? You can use Ramza CSB/Shout, TGCid USB, Agrias USB, Marach USB, Elarra/Aerith, and a LOT of Assault Sabers and do a physical clear of Ark. Aside from Ramza's CSB I believe most of that is in the Lends shop too. Pain in the ... but that's how I got my clear on him.

And here's a kick. Todays support ticket on the water banner: Dupe Tidus Sync. 15 mithril pull because I want waifu stuff gorramit! 2/3 - Quistis AASB, Tidus Sync.

Ok Quistis is new, and potentially useful. Can I not on the Sync? You can only combine them once....
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-25 at 11:21 PM.

Steam Profile

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

How good is your Tactics team? You can use Ramza CSB/Shout, TGCid USB, Agrias USB, Marach USB, Elarra/Aerith, and a LOT of Assault Sabers and do a physical clear of Ark.

And here's a kick. Todays support ticket on the water banner: Dupe Tidus Sync. 15 mithril pull because I want waifu stuff gorramit! 2/3 - Quistis AASB, Tidus Sync.

Ok Quistis is new, and potentially useful. Can I not on the Sync? You can only combine them once....
    hmm. I might just try and force Ark with physical, now that you mention this - it'll probably be easier than trying to upgrade my magical Holy options to the required level (actually have a few, because DeNA apparently tried to make Holy/Water Summons a Thing at some point) and I won't need to make new abilities.. just have Beatrix Seiken Shock its face off, maybe go ahead and grab the new Knight Ruby ability too (Great Form, just released - 5-hit Holy/Earth and grants a small damage shield to the user.)

Sync duplicate is at least worth a couple free hones? So.. if you've pulled it 3 times now it's fully honed, so that's.. a thing.