New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Been off for the last 3 days, didn't realize we got the x40 draws already. Just did my first, and I got pretty lucky with 5 Disco's and 2 rainbows!

First Disco: Dorgann's Awoken, which is nice as he was already on my earth team, this just cements his place in that for a long time.
    2nd Disco: Quistis Awoken, which is interesting. My Water team already has some strong people on it, so not sure if I can fit her on it, but maybe.
    3rd Disco: Seymour's AOSB. This gets him an automatic spot on my dark team as I have no AOSB's for that, or even OSB's for that matter(how did I win the magicite battle again? LOL).
    4th Disco: Dupe of Emperor's USB(no idea which one, just know I already have it). So, worthless for the most part except as making his weapon better.
    5th Disco: Some dude from XXIV named Haurchefant's USB(Live to Serve). Seems quite powerful actually, he becomes a very powerful tank with it.
    Rainbow: Gladiolus Legend Materia.
    Rainbow 2: Yuna's Legend Materia, which is nice, makes her a strong healer for FFX now.

I'll post results of the next 2 shortly, need to head out for a bit. So far, quite pleased, 2 great SB's, 2 useful, 1 dupe, and 1 good Legend Materia.

2nd set of x40 yielded 3 disco, 2 rainbow.

1st disco: Amarants..glint? It doesn't use any bars and triggers instantly, so don't know what to call it. Either way not going to get any use as I have much better options for my fire team.
    2nd disco: Squall's Ice USB. Seems interesting, but I already have a pretty good ice team, so not sure if he'll get any use there. As far as realm dungeons go though, he's a regular, so this will be useful in that regard.
    3rd Disco: Josef's Ice USB. Again, Ice team is already pretty good, so don't see this getting any use there, so another "Realm dungeon" usefulness SB.
    1st Rainbow: Gilgamesh' old BSB, which is a god only knows how many dupes of it at this point.
    2nd rainbow: Legend Materia for Cor. Don't have a clue who that is, so probably not of much use at this point.

3rd set of x40 yielded 5 disco, all of them USB's, so my hopes of finally getting a sync are dashed once again.

1st Disco: Cele's Whetted Blade USB. Might be able to work her in to my Holy team with this, as it is very, very weak over-all. Beyond that, she's already on my IV realm team, this just cements her place.
    2nd Disco: Sarah's Crystal Gleam USB. A very nice USB, I can see her supplanting Rosa on certain fights as healer since this grants Last Stand, and the Bravery mode will be quite useful.
    3rd Disco: Vanille's USB: Again, a very nice healing USB. How long does Regenga last for? 2k HP per tick, depending on how often it ticks and for how long, could really make some fights a hell of a lot easier, plus it's a Full Break, which is very nice!
    4th Disco: Red's Earth Rave USB. I can't recall how good my Earth Team is, haven't used it since I came back, but this does seem quite nice over-all. Does damage reflected back count as damage dealt for chain purposes? If so, it is definitely useful to build up chain quickly.
    5th Disco: Luneth's OSB, a dupe for me, so meh.

Over-all, 1st and 3rd pulls were pretty damn good, 2nd was fairly meh over-all.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2020-08-28 at 10:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    1st disco: Amarants..glint? It doesn't use any bars and triggers instantly, so don't know what to call it. Either way not going to get any use as I have much better options for my fire team.
    They're referred to as Glint+. The visible difference is the icon - traditional Glints have a green spark icon, while a Glint+ will have a blue spark. Unlike a Glint, a Glint+ can only be used once, but it costs no SB gauge to use and typically triggers instantly. This makes them useful either as openers or sudden bursts. Most are openers, as they include En-Element or Imperil, a ProShellHastega suite, or instant SB gauge charge. Then you have those like Cinque's that deal Overflow damage, making them an effective way to mitigate a Magicite's elemental rage.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

So managed to master my first 450 difficulty torment battle. Realized my FFIV team was pretty stacked (Kain and Edge awakening, Rydia sync and Rosa is my primary healer). Went pretty smooth even though Rydia got paralyzed in the end. Swapping some spots should make it super easy. So thats another 4 weekly Cardia missions I can complete which is nice.

Does anyone know when the elemental/realm banners are supposed to be updated? I seem to recall it was soonish but I cant find where I saw that. I have a bunch of tickets buy I’d rather wait if the banners are refreshing soon (need some good holy phys relics).

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Does anyone know when the elemental/realm banners are supposed to be updated? I seem to recall it was soonish but I cant find where I saw that. I have a bunch of tickets buy I’d rather wait if the banners are refreshing soon (need some good holy phys relics).
    Best guess is around middle/end of October so still a bit away.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

This month should be the ability update, honing for Arcanes/Awakenings and grade rewards for 6* Magicite.

Had an adventure just getting missions done as apparently the last bit of weather in the area did a number on some of our telecommunications.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

So uhhh... this happened.

Spoiler
    Show

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    This month should be the ability update, honing for Arcanes/Awakenings and grade rewards for 6* Magicite.

Had an adventure just getting missions done as apparently the last bit of weather in the area did a number on some of our telecommunications.
    I have an AASB or two I wouldn’t mind honing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So uhhh... this happened.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grats!

I feel I’ve spent a lot of money on this game (all to support the devs of course), still no MVP...

Edit: @Starwulf yes reflected damage can (type depending) build chain. Very handy.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-09-02 at 09:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats!

I feel I’ve spent a lot of money on this game (all to support the devs of course), still no MVP...
    That's the odd thing. I haven't spent much money either. Probably around 6-700 (and definitely no more than 1k) in the 4-5 years I've played, and I know there are people that spent/spend WAY more than that.

Steam Profile

9. - Top - End - #249

That's the odd thing. I haven't spent much money either. Probably around 6-700 (and definitely no more than 1k) in the 4-5 years I've played, and I know there are people that spent/spend WAY more than that.
    Hmmmmmmmmm that's a pretty good ballpark.

Since I repicked this game up (2+ years ago at this point???) I bet I spent like $300-500... So uhh, just a bit more maybe :P
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

This month should be the ability update, honing for Arcanes/Awakenings ...
    Isnt honing prohibitively expensive to get the second use of them?

Edit: Also I'm having a hell of a time with Syldra. So for offense I have:

Squall - Awakening
    Firion - Awakening (also dispelling strike to catch the first haste)
    Noel - Awakening
    Tyro - Entruster with Godwall
    Rosa - spamming her heal + regenga

I tried with Ovelia instead (with her Awakening and USB for mass healing). Also have Ayame's Awakening but she seemed worse than the other DPS. I'm getting overwhelmed by damage in the last phase and can't punch through her High Stakes. Do you need a Def/Res/Mnd debuff to somehow counter there? I don't even know what debuff that would be. Maybe I need both Rosa and Ovelia for healers insead of Tyro?
    Last edited by Chen; 2020-09-03 at 09:52 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251

BardGuy

Awakenings are definitely the costliest but that extra cast is strong. (plus they get other passives like Syncs)
    Arcane seem more like a luxury although I guess if you're really close on a particular fight it might be justifiable?

Without a source of Imperil Ice Syldra will severely nerf your damage AND meter gain with NulFrost.
    Icebound is preferable for countering Haste although you'd probably want someone other than Tyro carrying it.

Fran and Auron can counter High Stakes with their awakenings.
    Rosa's other USB and Glint is actually rather useful here if you can time the blinks

12. - Top - End - #252

BardGuy

Changes to some scheduled meetings freed up time I didn't think I'd have until the actual weekend. Which is about the only highlight since one of my favorites is leaving and another may be questionable.

So I ended up doing a last minute pull on III getting Ingus sync. It helps but honestly my III strategy is pretty much hope Onion Knight gets a lot of dualcasts.

13. - Top - End - #253

Isnt honing prohibitively expensive to get the second use of them?

Edit: Also I'm having a hell of a time with Syldra. So for offense I have:

Squall - Awakening
    Firion - Awakening (also dispelling strike to catch the first haste)
    Noel - Awakening
    Tyro - Entruster with Godwall
    Rosa - spamming her heal + regenga

I tried with Ovelia instead (with her Awakening and USB for mass healing). Also have Ayame's Awakening but she seemed worse than the other DPS. I'm getting overwhelmed by damage in the last phase and can't punch through her High Stakes. Do you need a Def/Res/Mnd debuff to somehow counter there? I don't even know what debuff that would be. Maybe I need both Rosa and Ovelia for healers insead of Tyro?
    As darkdragoon said, ya really need an imperiler against Syldra. Laguna is gold standard. Even if you have literally nothing for him, dive him, get the right ability, lens the right USB, he'll meet all your imperiling needs.

What CSB are you running? RW?

And yeah, might want to get 2 healers. But... if RW is your Chain, it's hard to get rid of Tyro 'cause Wall and all.
    Changes to some scheduled meetings freed up time I didn't think I'd have until the actual weekend. Which is about the only highlight since one of my favorites is leaving and another may be questionable.

So I ended up doing a last minute pull on III getting Ingus sync. It helps but honestly my III strategy is pretty much hope Onion Knight gets a lot of dualcasts.
    Grats on the Sync!
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

As darkdragoon said, ya really need an imperiler against Syldra. Laguna is gold standard. Even if you have literally nothing for him, dive him, get the right ability, lens the right USB, he'll meet all your imperiling needs.

What CSB are you running? RW?

And yeah, might want to get 2 healers. But... if RW is your Chain, it's hard to get rid of Tyro 'cause Wall and all.
    Yeah using the RW chain so definitely issues without Tyro. I can craft Icy Offering and throw in Laguna though. I actually have his double cast machinest USB. Is the other one with the 2 point imperil better? I have Noel’d Glint+ for an immediate 2 point imperil too.

15. - Top - End - #255

Yeah using the RW chain so definitely issues without Tyro. I can craft Icy Offering and throw in Laguna though. I actually have his double cast machinest USB. Is the other one with the 2 point imperil better? I have Noel’d Glint+ for an immediate 2 point imperil too.
    Looking at your stuff, I'd do something like...

Squall with AASB, 6* Spellblade ability if possible, if not 5* should suffice
    Laguna with any imperil SB, Icy Offering. But avoid double cast USB, will eat through your hones (unless you find you have plenty of hones)
    Noel with G+, AASB, ideally Icicle Bullet (6* Ice Sharpshooter ability), but if not Icicle Shot
    Tyro with Godwall, Entrust
    Rosa with USB2, Wrath

Slap Dispel on either Noel or Rosa.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, after a few major hurdles, I finally Mastered the last of the 5* Magicites: Ark.

And how did I do it? Well, an Awakening and two MOBA immigrants, that's how!

Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Rem, lv. 99; Seraphim Mace (8*), Academy Uniform, Bitter Earring; Holy R3, De'Dia R5; LM2, LMR, +Much Weak
    FuSoYa, lv. 99; El Dorado (8*), Hermit's Robes, Sarah's Necklace; Holyja R2, De'Diaja R4; LM2, LM1, +Weak
    Fina, lv. 99; Reincarnation, Fina's Clothes, Shadow Armlet; Curada R5, Entrust R3; LM2, LM1; Knight's Charge
    Tama, lv. 99; Ogrenyxes (ART), Hermes' Suit, Angel Ring; Ultra Cure R5, Curaise R5; LM2, LM1, Battleforged
    Edward, lv. 99; Parrying Daggers, Light Robe, Blitzball Stadium; Divine Dirge R4, Allegro con Moto R3; LM2, LM1, MM
    RW: Fabula Raider (Elarra)
    Magicite: Lakshmi lv. 99 (-DRK lv. 10, +Heal lv. 10); Mateus lv. 99 (BW lv. 8, -WND lv. 10), Famfrit lv. 99 (SpW lv. 8, -FIR lv.8), Quetzalcoatl lv. 99 (Fast Act lv. 8, -WTR lv. 10), Madeen lv. 99 (+CRIT lv. 10, +Holy lv. 15)

SBs: Rem USB1, Rem AOSB, FuSoYa Holy Wake, FuSoYa BSB, Fina Sync, Fina WHM/SUP Wake, Fina Glint+, Tama BSB, Spoony Bard Holy Chain

So, what made this a victory over the rest? Well, for one, Fina's an amazing healer - mini-Medica on Support, QC1 on WHM, her Wake has a mini-Medica and her Sync has a mini-Medica on CMD 2, which syncs to a WHM OR SUP ability. Thus, by the time I fired her Sync, she was basically Entrusting everyone every turn.

However, the real hero of this fight was...Tama!? Yeah. Mascot character happens to have a BSB with Holy Radiant Shield, and that helps a lot with Ark's major issue - that is, (Savage) Eternal Darkness. The issue with (Sav.) ED is that it screws your Magic and Mind, and because of the heavy defenses against Physical, it basically kills your damage potential. However, if Ark then hits himself for near-9k each turn thanks to a combination of Weakness, Chain and Holy Radiant Shield, then damage becomes a bit more constant. The trick, of course, is to know when to time everything to deal maximum damage - such as, for example, time the AOSB to hit at maximum power!! (Which of course, I didn't.) That said, because of the Imperil AND Chain build-up, FuSoYa's Wake did quite a bit of damage - particularly at Max Imperil, in which case I let lose with Holyja. Rem also helped a lot, particularly because of W-Casting WHM attacks with her LMR fired in-between.

That said...it took me over a minute to beat it. Really - Magic Holy is busted to all heck. It's like they beg you to bring Hope. And of course, I won't bring Whiny Boy to my Magic Holy team. I mean, if I considered friggin' Tama (a mascot character!!) over Whiny Boy, that tells you leagues! However, the biggest surprise of all here was Fina, who could pull her punches quite spectacularly. (Shame I couldn't get anything else for Rain and Lassworm Lasswell.

Also: did the other 40x draws...hold on a sec. I didn't post any of my 40x draws? Geez, I've been out for a while. Let's do the highlights, then:
    • Dorgaan's Stoneblade!! This is his +Earth sword, and his Wake. Got a dupe out of it, though.
    • FuSoYa's Hermit's Robes!! This is his, as previously mentioned, Holy Wake. It's your usual fare, but for the most part, it's a solid boost to damage.
    • Lion's Beetle Knife! This is her Glint+. Don't ask me what it does.
    • Seymour's Assault! This is his USB. Again, don't ask.
    • Locke's Gladius! This is his Fire OSB, a rather oldie but goodie bit.
    • Auron's Echo Bracer! This is his EnFire Glint, which works just like the others.
    • Faris' Thief's Gloves! This is her LMR, which grants EnWind on start. Great for when she's doing a tour on a Wind team, or just to make good use of Storm Assault.
    • Seifer's Almasy Twin Lance! This is one of his USBs, specifically the one that boosts his ATK/DEF and grants IC1 to all allies. Not too shabby!
    • Tifa's Rune Claws! As you could expect, this is her Sync - the one that started the Sync era. Sync 1 is an iteration-based attack that syncs with Earth skills, Sync 2 is an attack that boosts Monk damage, and syncs with Monk skills. This means - use CMD2 for +Monk and Spirited Dispatch, use CMD1 for huge damage buildups.
    • Warrior of Light's Crystal Shield! This is his LMR...3? In any case, it's a great one. It's a Chaser that triggers when you get hit by any attack, and what it does is a 5-hit Holy/NE attack that also heals an ally for 1.5k HP. Now, this doesn't trigger on an attack; it triggers when YOU get hit, and it can be by a NAT attack. Couple this with, say, someone like Cecil, or Ceodore, who have abilities that heal on hit, and you get a surprisingly strong way to keep your endurance.
    • Tama's Bib! This is her (Tama's a her, right?) LMR, which grants Guts on a healing WHM skill. This is pretty nice considering she'll mostly work as a healer.
    • Celes' Lightbringer! This is her BSB1, which is one of the few native damage boosters for Team VI. What it does is pretty simple - Boostga/Faithga, EnHoly and two SPB attacks, one Holy/Fire and one Holy/Ice. It also references her Opera scene, which is magnificent.
    • Guy's Demon's Axe! This is his USB, which is pretty pisspoor since it's mostly +ATK/DEF and moderate Monk boost, so you'll hit hard but you still rely on your skills and whatnot.
    • Rufus' Winchester R! This is his USB, which I got from none other than a Daily Draw. What it does is interesting - it's a PHY-based Dark Imperil which has a Dark Imperil chaser, so it makes him a rather interesting Physical Dark Imperiller.
    • Tama's Faerie Tail! This is her(?) USB, which I got from the Anima Lens' shop. It's good, because it's an IC Medica with Guts and Reraise. Nothing too interesting, but IC Medica + Last Stand is pretty much standard fare for healers nowadays.
    • Lasswell's Wok of Choice! This is his Glint+, which I got as part of the draws from the FFBE event. It's a pretty simple EnIce with QC2. It'd be nicer if I got something else from him, though.
    • Rain's Chocobo Armor! This is his Glint, which has an interesting element: Twin Element mode. What it does is simple: next attack you make, you get EnElement for that element. Rain applies this to Fire and Earth, so you have a chance to go EnFire or EnEarth. Again, great if I had another of his SBs.
    • Warrior of Light's Guise! This is his USB1, which grants EnHoly and a +Knight Boost that ends up in a Finisher that breaks damage cap. Not the greatest, particularly since I have his much better USB3, but at least it's a +Holy heavy armor.
    • Tidus' Double-Edge! This is a bonafide Water Chain, the Physical Gen 1 chain to be precise. Despite its age, I'm pretty proud of getting it.
    • Strago's Wizer Staff! This is his USB, which I believe has a Water chaser down the line.
    • Gau's Guise! This is his Wind/Lightning AOSB, of the 20+1 variety.
    • Ramza's Diamond Shield!! If you're aware of it, this is the Physical Holy Gen 2 Chain, which I was looking for almost desperately. As usual, it's a Boostga of the same kind as his original Shout. Got it on a Holy ticket, BTW.

All in all, a pretty hefty haul. Between Holy Chain and O'Light's new LMR, I managed to take Deathgaze to sub-30 as well. Now, on to Odin and eventually 6* Magicites.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Finally beat Syldra. Rosa was not cutting it since I kept getting destroyed by a single bit hit late in the game. Switched to Ovelia with her last stand healings and it worked much smoother.

Ended up using:
    Ayame with awakening
    Noel with his awakening and Glint+
    Laguna with imperil USB
    Tyro
    Ovelia

Now need to get my ice magic team in order. That fight doesnt seem as bad but my team is much worse.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so this Wanderer of the Rift thing? It's an absolute bear.

I have one team that can consistently Master D450 Torment - my FFV team. Just the one. They got this guy to about half.

I've tried all of my teams from I to VI so far, and most can't even do enough damage to count. He has so many tricks. He rages. He slows. He blinds. He attacks a lot.

I'm not even on 6-star Magicites yet, and he's like that, but for a realm. It does not go well for me.

Hope you're all having better luck.

EDIT: Oh, and we have Lucky Selections and LotR popping up again. I'm going to wait on the LotRs, and... honestly, I'm going to pass on the Lucky Selections. Yes, they're half-price, but they're Awakenings at best in realms where I generally have good stuff (and also XIII, but who cares about XIII), and also plenty of dupes on banner. So I'm going to pass on those and wait on the LotRs. How about you?
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-09-10 at 08:14 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Okay, so this Wanderer of the Rift thing? It's an absolute bear.

I have one team that can consistently Master D450 Torment - my FFV team. Just the one. They got this guy to about half.

I've tried all of my teams from I to VI so far, and most can't even do enough damage to count. He has so many tricks. He rages. He slows. He blinds. He attacks a lot.

I'm not even on 6-star Magicites yet, and he's like that, but for a realm. It does not go well for me.

Hope you're all having better luck.

EDIT: Oh, and we have Lucky Selections and LotR popping up again. I'm going to wait on the LotRs, and... honestly, I'm going to pass on the Lucky Selections. Yes, they're half-price, but they're Awakenings at best in realms where I generally have good stuff (and also XIII, but who cares about XIII), and also plenty of dupes on banner. So I'm going to pass on those and wait on the LotRs. How about you?
    Ew. Those half price banners are trash. No thank you.

LotR, maybe.

I’ll have a stab at Greg... at some point.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Only tried XIII Gilgy. Managed about 50% in 1:14:96. Ran out of EVERYTHING. Biggest problem is, even with Fang's Realm CSB, and multiple EnElement boosts, nobody could break cap without imperils, which is hard to accomplish with mixed teams. Cid Raines can manage it for dark, but Lightning and Fang are a bit screwed.

May try it with VII or XV later. See if they can do a bit better since those realms are a bit more cohesive in terms of elemental grouping.

Steam Profile

21. - Top - End - #261

Only tried XIII Gilgy. Managed about 50% in 1:14:96. Ran out of EVERYTHING. Biggest problem is, even with Fang's Realm CSB, and multiple EnElement boosts, nobody could break cap without imperils, which is hard to accomplish with mixed teams. Cid Raines can manage it for dark, but Lightning and Fang are a bit screwed.

May try it with VII or XV later. See if they can do a bit better since those realms are a bit more cohesive in terms of elemental grouping.
    My IV auto team just got him to ~20% in ~1 minute. Going to have to do it manually I guess.

Seems not as bad as Odin.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Ew. Those half price banners are trash. No thank you.
    Actually, I took another look to try to figure out the appeal. Here it is: When you do three pulls on one of the banners, you get a Realm CSB for that realm. Problem is, only the first pull is half price - so you're paying 125 mythril for a CSB.

That's the question. Would you pay 125 mythril for a Realm Chain? If so, grab one of these banners. If not, do like I do and skip.

Yeah, V is easily my best realm, even though I only have one character with Awakening for it. Lenna is just the best healbot, between her medica LRM, her Glint+ with the ProShellHastega buff suite, her Awakening with fast-casting, a shield, Guts, and a medica chaser, and her USB with Regenga. With her Awakening up, I can Dispel Greg's buffs and then trigger two medicas, basically guaranteeing full HP on everyone.

And I still get thrashed, because he can Slow and that ruins everything. My sources of Haste in this party are finite. So while Lenna can keep everyone upright, all of their power-ups - USBs, Awakenings, etc. - all expire, and they use up all of their abilities. By the end, Galuf was just attacking the guy. It was legitimately upsetting.

I think the only other healers I have with that Glint+ buff suite - which I consider essential - are Aerith, Selphie, and Porom. I have no other SBs for Porom except Sync - not her Sync, but just the Sync SB - so that's no go. But maybe my VII and VIII realms have a chance, especially since Rinoa has her Sync. Then again, Rydia had a Sync too, and I barely scratched the surface of that Greg...

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Saw a post on Reddit saying it this Gilgamesh thing is doable with one off-realm MONSTER DPS with the appropriate realm chain. I was skeptical but tried with Rem (Sync+Awakening+USB1+HA) and I managed to beat it with some mistakes made with my FF3 team which is pretty weak.

OK with Entrust + Wrath
    Luneth basically did nothing except use the RW chain plus my FFIV Historia crystal to break rage
    Ingus got his Awakening off and immediately died (did help with some extra reflect damage)
    Arc Hastega/Curada and her USB to heal with. No dive on her at all.
    Rem with HA and Sync, AASB and USB1

Ingus activated historia crystal right at the start (error should have waited to break a rage with it), OK just wrath'd until 4 bars, entrusted to Rem and Rem blew USB1, Sync, AASB and then went to town with her HA. Luneth activated the chain right before the AASB (another error should have waited a bit since it ran out near the end) and then just used the crystal to break the rage at 50%. Arc healed as best she could but was pretty sketchy considering how weak she was. Thing is Rem just tore him apart.

Just remember to hit him with the weak realm people before your monster or it'll go to the wrong realm.

24. - Top - End - #264

Saw a post on Reddit saying it this Gilgamesh thing is doable with one off-realm MONSTER DPS with the appropriate realm chain. I was skeptical but tried with Rem (Sync+Awakening+USB1+HA) and I managed to beat it with some mistakes made with my FF3 team which is pretty weak.

OK with Entrust + Wrath
    Luneth basically did nothing except use the RW chain plus my FFIV Historia crystal to break rage
    Ingus got his Awakening off and immediately died (did help with some extra reflect damage)
    Arc Hastega/Curada and her USB to heal with. No dive on her at all.
    Rem with HA and Sync, AASB and USB1

Ingus activated historia crystal right at the start (error should have waited to break a rage with it), OK just wrath'd until 4 bars, entrusted to Rem and Rem blew USB1, Sync, AASB and then went to town with her HA. Luneth activated the chain right before the AASB (another error should have waited a bit since it ran out near the end) and then just used the crystal to break the rage at 50%. Arc healed as best she could but was pretty sketchy considering how weak she was. Thing is Rem just tore him apart.

Just remember to hit him with the weak realm people before your monster or it'll go to the wrong realm.
    Huh, that’s super super helpful. I might try this with Rydia.

Also, grats!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Im not so sure how consistent it is. I managed 3 then tried 4 with a much stronger team and lost handily. I may have gotten very lucky with the timing of the rage breaks the first time.

26. - Top - End - #266

Im not so sure how consistent it is. I managed 3 then tried 4 with a much stronger team and lost handily. I may have gotten very lucky with the timing of the rage breaks the first time.
    Well, a win's a win eh?

I just beat IV. Tweaked my auto team, did it manually. Way easier than Odin. Granted... this is one of my best teams (tied with V and VII, likely). I'm hoping to get like... 4 wins. That gives enough lenses for 2 HA iirc. Plus Greg'll return, not permanently losing out on rewards.

Getting the Historia Crystals up are *super* important imo. Break rage, all the right buffs, instant cast, change music. Everything you need.

Yeah... this weekend gonna shoot for IV (done!), V, VII, X. Might try for 2 more depending how those go.

Edit: tried LotR after all, did the 4 available, got 3 dupes and a USB.

EDIT EDIT: Man, power creep. Just realized there are VII Torment missions. Can auto Jenova in ~15s. My old manual record was a bit beneath 30. I remember trying when she first came out, couldn't win.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-09-12 at 11:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

BardGuy

So our own Merlin the Tuna pointed out if you lack the awakenings, a 4% shot on the chain bonus banners is reasonable. Although if you can splurge, you're probably better off just using the gem one.

LOTR has not offered much more than lenses so far. Otherwise it's been mostly get what i can from Gilgamesh and try to use those motes etc. to make hay elsewhere.

28. - Top - End - #268

So our own Merlin the Tuna pointed out if you lack the awakenings, a 4% shot on the chain bonus banners is reasonable. Although if you can splurge, you're probably better off just using the gem one.

LOTR has not offered much more than lenses so far. Otherwise it's been mostly get what i can from Gilgamesh and try to use those motes etc. to make hay elsewhere.
    Hmm, worth considering.

I got a buncha trash from LotR, then today got Vaan AASB. Worth it!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...tm_name=iossmf

So they’re giving advanced warning to spend all our rubies and get “free” job or 5* motes?
    Last edited by Chen; 2020-09-16 at 02:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Hmm
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...tm_name=iossmf

So they’re giving advanced warning to spend all our rubies and get “free” job or 5* motes?
    Whoa, great to know, thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ