Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Lords of Sleeping Beauty OOC

IC

Interest check for rebooting an old game.

The general preamble and synopsis:
    This will be a fields of blood Nations game with more focus on the sustained growth and development of your kingdom over any militant or individual character's actions. Not gonna lie, the game's slow going, not because IC days will pass slowly, but because Rome wasn't built in a day. You'll be starting with a tiny thorp in the middle of what was once a large kingdom but is now a conveniently vacant fertile land in which to seed your own kingdom. The map has various "plot" objects placed on it, but to be frank they're all out of your league for now. You probably don't know the NPCs involved in these historic events nor the powerhouses that yet roam the lands, but that doesn't prevent you from knowing of their existence. The hope is that one day you'll be able to amass wealth and armies the scale of which can trample over epic monstrosities despite your puny e6 restraints. Well that's enough monologuing for now, feel free to weigh in with any interest.

This game will be run with D&D 3.5 mechanics using the Fields of Blood book's nation-building rules.
    https://www.amazon.com/Fields-Blood-.../dp/1891153552
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...he-Book-of-War
    (these link to the same book)
    Not sure if this is the primary seller(s), just did a quick google and saw they're selling it, since here on the forums we publicly disavow piracy and encourage legally obtaining the material yadda yadda you get the idea.

Intro world-background fluff stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not so very long ago, and not so very far away there lived a king and a queen, so beautiful and fair. Their people were never plagued with worries, nor had they ever tasted the turmoil of war, but they lived their lives in peace and oh so bountiful prosperity. In a time where all days are truly blessed by the gods, there came one more blessed still, a child was born to the king and his queen. A beautiful babe girl, alive and well, and not a blemish upon her.

Spoiler
    Show

The king and queen were overjoyed by this, and so they declared a day of feasting an festivities within which all could share in their endless joy. What's more, they invited all the great lords of their lands to partake in the celebration as well as many honored guests. They invited the nine dragons of the region, the heads of each of the two vampire clans that the king's father had made peace with, the dwarf kings from under the earth, and the twelve faeries of the enchanted woods their nation had enveloped.

For the lords the king and queen set the table with jewel encrusted silver goblets, plates, and silverware. For the dragons hollowed out logs were set with rivers of wine flowing that they might ever be full. For the vampires, great oxen were tied to the ground before them that they might feast on the fresh kill of a noble beast. For the dwarfs, wooden plates grew gardens of colored mushrooms across their surface. For the faeries, golden goblets and plates en-lade with rubies were set, and silverware of exotic crystals were furnished, for all in the kingdom knew that the fey would never accept a gracious gift without returning one in kind.

In the town below the festivities ran rampant with fresh meats, cheeses, breads, and brews to be had for all.

When the time to give gifts at last came, the dragons stepped forward first, giving their words not to devour the child when next they saw her.Next the vampires swore to defend her from any stranger who might invade her home. The dwarfs graciously swore that the kingdom should never be short of weapons in war or tractors in peace once the little princess took to ruling the lands. The fey each granted a separate gift upon the princess as was their tradition.

The first, examining her gold and sapphire dinner wares blessed the child to have beautiful blue eyes that would charm any who's gaze met them. As she blessed the child, the plate, goblet, and sapphire dinnerware vanished.
    The second gave her a thick head of raven black hair that would ever be soft to the touch. The third, a voice that was truly angelic, and the fourth blessed her that she might dance like a flower in the breeze. The fifth graced her with grace in all she did, and the sixth that even her wroth would be tender as a newborn kitten. The seventh blessed her that she might never face ill fortune, and the eighth that she would be young and healthy so long as she lived. The ninth graced her that she would have a peaceful life, and the tenth that it would be just as bountiful as it was peaceful. The eleventh blessed her that she might find true love one day, and the twelfth that she would live happily to see her grandchildren grow up and play before death would ever take her.

As everyone in the court cheered for the great bounties of the land that would in time also fall to the wonderful little child, the heavy oaken doors of the hall slowly opened, as if pulled by scores of invisible men. It was then that a thirteenth fairy entered, thin wrinkles clinging to her skin, and a heavy oaken staff supporting her weight as she walked slowly through the hall until she came to the other fairies. Looking down at their table she spoke, and quiet and feeble as it were, her voice carried through the whole of the room, reverberating with the ancient divine might of the woodlands. "Were I not then invited to this great gathering of celebration?"

Hurriedly the king, unaware that such a being had existed, replied "No, no, please, join us in celebration. I apologize for any misunderstandings I may have caused."

With a smile that fell miles short of her icy cold eyes the old fey asked "The please do tell me where my place is that I might sit and rest my weary bones."

Just as hurriedly the king dispatched his men to fetch the best remaining food and implements for the old fairy, giving her a place at his table, for the king was know fool, and while he knew that the fey would return a gift for every gift given to them, he also knew that for every slight they would return the "gift" tenfold.

Spoiler
    Show

Fortunately for him the men arrived almost immediately with a beautiful carved wood table and chair, but in all of the castle, the best that could be found was a brass goblet and plate with silverware of which the castle had plenty. In peace the fairy ate her meal, and the silence filled the room, complete and unyielding in it's entirety. After her meal the elderly fairy walked slowly through the room towards the princess, her every footstep echoing through the chamber. When at last she reached the child she spoke, her voice barely a whisper, not only could be heard by, but stung every ear in the room. "I am the oldest of the faeries, and oh how recently it was your kingdom came to be, yet you dishonor me so? Would that I could curse her to a pitiful life, deformed and lonely to die an agonizing death cut off from the world." The words hung in the air, and there was not a one among those assembled who did not believe she could, the fey were an ancient and powerful race, and one look upon this fey made the others seem... frail... mortal... helpless. Even the dragons had fallen silent before her, and such was not a common occurrence. Still to the fey it would be a slight to take the gifts given by another just when they'd been given, and such rude behavior was not their way.

"Instead I curse her that upon her sixteenth birthday she will prick her finger upon a spinning wheel and will fall into a sleep of bitter nightmares from which she will only awaken when this true love promised to her arrives to take her."

Horrified the queen clutched the child to her bosom. "No, no, no! Please, anything but that. May we suffer for our discourtesy, but please spare our daughter. Please..." The queen begged openly for the whole hall to see, but

Chuckling, the old fairy turned without a second glance, walking slowly from the hall. Without turning she gave her reply "Then you and the whole of this castle will share in her curse, and may you all be cursed as one."

Spoiler
    Show

Years passed, and the king and queen passed a royal decree that all spinning wheels were to be destroyed at any cost throughout the whole of the kingdom. And so it happened that there wasn't a single spinning wheel in the whole of the great kingdom, so people learned to wear skins and leathers rather then woven fabrics, but on the day of the princesses sixteenth birthday, she quickly found herself lost on the way to the feast that was to be held in her honor. She had lived in this castle all her life, knew it's every twist and bend, but this hallway was new, as was the balcony at the end of it, and the other hallway from the balcony. Even the winding staircase at the end of that hallway. Filled with childish glee at what she'd found the princess raced up the stairs, a melodic tune dancing from her lips as she tirelessly climbed to the top of a tower that had not been there before that point.

Spoiler
    Show

Behind a heavy oaken door at the top of the tower, an elderly woman sat at a fascinating device from which she managed to endlessly produce a single strand of thread from a bundle of wool as if by magic. Fascinated the child watched the wheel spin and spin, the find spider-silk dancing across the old lady's fingers in memorizing patterns. As the wool began to run low the old woman turned to the little girl and asked "Would you like to try too?"

Her attention suddenly drawn from the strange magic to the old lady the princess' eyes widened with surprise as a honey-sweet smile spread across her face. "May I?!" She asked excitedly.

"You may." The old woman replied, moving back to better shot the princess how the device was used.

With a flood of exhilaration the young girl began the wheel to spinning, and managed to make a crude bit of stubby thread before something pricked her finger. Jumping back with a startled yelp the girl eyed the device, but the old lady assured her that it was nothing serious, and truly enough the wound stopped bleeding almost immediately. After that however, time stood still in the kingdom for the rest of the day. As darkness finally came, everyone returned to their beds as if entranced, falling into an enchanted sleep within which they'd be plagued with unending errors until such time as the princess' love came to wake her. In that night thorns blanketed the castle, and an enchanted woodland grew about it, straight through the homes of villagers in many cases, forcing them to flee to their neighboring thorps, and all manner of wild roars were heard from about the castle that night, and there the kingdom would sleep for what? A hundred years? A thousand? Maybe only a single one, but it mattered not, the kingdom was without a king, and all the lords of the king had to decide what would happen next.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    3.5 D&D & Fields of Blood (The Book of War 2)

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Er... 3.5/FoB? Lets go e6 too for funsies. Hows about the D&D wiki e6

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    We'll see how it goes.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Giantitp forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 1 no traits or flaws

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    1 thorp, 1 irregular unit of cost no greater then 300RP, and a personal treasury of 70,000gp ask on all magic item purchases (include fluff on how you might have come across something *ghasp* magical. =p)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Lets try this without brew this time around. 3.5 books (first party) not the site will be mostly allowed, when in doubt, ask.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Mostly human, but I'm open to a good handfull of oddballs.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    7d6b3, no rerolls Max HP at first level,

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Normal DnD alignment.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Multiclass away.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Roll on the forums, I'm permitted private rolls as necessary.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Lets see... I know I've probably got plenty of my own house rules, but I can't really recall them any better then most. I'll mention that diplomancy depends mostly on fluff and only a little on rolls in my games.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    As much as you feel like. Ah, but no Q&A about your characters. 10 minuet backgrounds get annoying when it's a dry "*list of enemies*, *list of potential plot stuff*, *list of friends*, ect."

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Pretty sandboxy. Then again you are rulers of a kingdom so...

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?see above.

FoB silliness
    Spoiler
    Show

RP conversions
    200GP->1RP
    1RP->50GP

All units will cost their full cost regardless of how you obtain them.

Dragons find nomadic meat more gamey.

Resource modifier will remain at the default of 250

Over-mustering: population centers may generate any number of troops. Lots of small nations with armies of lots of weak soldiers will quickly coat the world in soldiers and then it will all be mine, all mine!

We'll not be using the variant that allows super-powerful attacks to deal more then one wound point.

Other stuff added as I'm asked about it. (because you guys are on top of all the FoB variants and such you need to know.)

Interest is set at 2% per season (civilized nation banking only)

Ah yes, and as a heads up, dragons can move from hex to hex if they want to, so don't see that as an end all on where dragons will end up. I'm thinking some may fly to non-mountain hexes in the future so that there isn't some kind of weird pro or anti mountain thing going around.

If your settlement happens to be in the same hex as a dragon it'll demand tribute (raising upkeep), if you guys band togeather you might be able to drown them in armies, but they'll be tough, so tribute'll be a smart way to go until you've all got bigger cities.

I'm thinking time scale will probably be ~1week IRL->1 season IC for the first bit unless anyone wants to get a war in or something. Mostly though I think that'll be a pretty good pace to get things done until someone feels like "stirring the pot" in some way shape or form.

Ah yes, dragons. If a dragon is slain, a "dragons nest" can be obtained, and with it a menagerie can be built for dragons. I will use a private roll each reason to be sure your menagerie doesn't loose control of the dragons, and that roll will be terrain based. (hex type in which you build it and color of the dragon)

menageries will be regulated my the GM, if you want your nation to be "that nation with Griffons" or some such when we start, then give me a heads up and I'll probably allow it. The real benefit to gaining a "dragons nest" or nest of some other monster will be that they can produce units of greater CR then 6 which in an e6 game means something. Unexplored hexes or the thorny castle may yield similar "nests", but such things will not be easy to come by, and CR6+ monsters are likely to be denied to you at the start. Horses and other common domestic animals in midevil society will also probably be fine, but run it by me if you want "the best war dogs in the land" or something so that we don't end up with five of "the best war dogs in the land" ;)

Well, the trick is that NPCs get stronger with less investment. As I recall FoB has you pay for all abilities (class features) and such as well as HP, stats, mounts, companions, ect. Still, I believe you may be right in it adding flavor, so lets say that the irregular unit must be either commoners, experts, or warriors.

Lets also rule that you may never recruit armies of a higher level then you yourself as their ruler. I expect people will level up fast enough after all.

Lets make sheets public, nations private. I'll keep crude notes of it all, though I probably won't start jotting it all down until we get some characters done.
    At level 6 you may run your own brewed feats by me and we can work out feat-progressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon
    Quote Originally Posted by drack
    yup, i just cumulate all the bonuses in the cities upkeeps and production numbers. =p

you mean =25%-15%+5% as *1.25*1.15*1.05 vs. *1.15 ?
    375*1.25=468.75*1.1=515.625

375*1.35=506.25
    We'll be multiplying them all together. (not summing percents first)

you will still have a regent and realm RP pool and will still roll taxes I will allow taking minimum or maximum on your roll as Gaiy allowed in his FoB game, your initial funds are in GP as too will most treasure you find, which means that you may introduce them as regent RP if you so choose. Regent rp may be spent on either expense.

I'm gonna say despotic nomads must have the following armies/camp to maintain order 1/small, 2/medium or large so that once you start growing your camps you're not encouraged to stop.

Anywho, lets set out a general layout for actions so that we're not all clamoring.

Include:
    Event
    RP earned for nation (funds after taxes)
    RP earned for regent (taxes) Remember that all your military costs and upkeep comes from this.
    realm&regent actions
    Martial actions

All in something you send me each season. At the first season of each year you'll send me all four seasonal reports again with a current status of all your stuff. PM me if you'd like an e-mail address (if that'd make it any easier.)

Your wars will take place in your choice of the main thread (for all to see), or a private thread. In the case you choose the latter "rumors" of your battle will come with any other news to other players at the beginning of the season.

Each year I will update maps with everyone's lands and such as well.

Also gonna rule that thieves guilds, druid circles, ect cost an action/level to build and upgrade. I just mention this because the last game I was in ended up ruling the other way.

Was asked about crafting skill exploitation:
    I'm imagining someone seeing this and asking "Club and sling cost 0GP, crafting DC to make infinite of them in a day is 0, time spent is 0, I can equip 100k legions instantly for free then sell the gear for RP?"
    Lets do some math, lets say we regularly make 40gp of goods a week over 13 weeks is 5720 gp which is 28rp at the expence of regent actions, that doesn't seem too broken.
    To put it another way in about six and a half years of crafting you can outfit one unit in full plate.

Was asked about magic item crafting exploits:
    You see, you're presently a level 1 so I can pretend it's off in the future and I don't have to worry about it. In the 16 it states to ask about magic items you're buying yourself and fluffwise that's because there just aren't allot lying around. Later on I was debating if I should adopt that rule whereby which you need XYZ guild to create items in addition to the ability to craft them. Items of course cost the base cost and XP from the one able to craft them, that is to say the PC, and will be able to be freely lent given ect once made

I was asked about poisons and diseases:
    After successful attack, they make saves against them ability damage may lower opponents stats
    Special abilities add to the cost though.
    I'd probably ignore secondary effects though
    You're right, the way I'm thinking of this (that there are generally medics of some sense interspersed who can help people through these things) does get in the way of some fun nation interactions....
    I think I'll do it case by case.

I was asked about exotic and monstrous mounts and legions:
    The only monsters on the map are some dragons a fairy and a curse. Best place to find a monster would be out in the unexplored hexes, but for those I was gonna roll up some monsters when people scout them, and they weren't gonna be a humble camp of goblins.
    To put it another way it's precisely because this land has already been cleared and lays vacant and fertile that it's a decent place to start up a nation and one might hope you're able to defend that nation before you go snooping about monster nests.
    That said if you can capture monsters and fluffwise it makes sense to be able to raise them, you can build a menagerie for them. Menageries for simpler creatures like dogs or light or heavy horses/warhorses will not require you to first search out specimens to rear.
    You may likewise purchase such units from nations who already posses the prerequisite menagerie (assuming they're willing to sell).

Someone asked, so:
    I believe when it arises that income becomes fractional it gets rounded down, but I'm not opposed to you converting the excess into coinage.

I was asked about noble nomads:
    Your free units will remain irregular preventing infinite free units accumulating. Likewise, while you have a discount on irregulars, not being able to purchase them normally means that doesn't help you much. On the flip side nomads have more pop centers then other nations so you probably aren't missing out on much.

Was asked about menageries for nomads:
    Aye I think I'll just allow menageries for nomads and say that if the pop center moves on it the utility is lost. That's probably the simplest way to go about it. ...and try to keep it away from wild dragons if you can....

I was asked about how freely ability scores can be modified. Lets go with a minimum of 8 to a base score and a maximum of 16 with a base score with anything with a negative modifier having a minimum base ability score of 10. That should give you some wiggle room to play with unit costs while keeping us from having straight 1 ability score nearly free units or random demigod units with 50 str humans. base score in this case means before modifiers from levels or racial modifiers.) Lets allow up to 18 base mods for no more then 10% of your troops with special units and mounts all following monster manual entries.

Was asked about vermin shock value:
    We'll use +0 as the base, mind you, you'll need to find them while exploring before you can train and rear them.

Was asked if you can choose the feats for units:
    You may, though it's often irrelevant or ups your cost. If it gives a special attack that will also factor into cost.

e6 feats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking through feats from here http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/E6_%2...ebook%29/Rules

I assume all the e6 feat lists are the same, but if it's D&D wiki you can count on them having the full list (and several brewed ones slipped in there)
    =approved
    =case by case
    =not approved
    Spoiler
    Show
    Barbaric Resilience [Capstone]
    Prerequisite: Barbarian level 6th
    Benefit: You gain DR 1/-
    (I'll allow repeats)
    Bardic Inspiration [Capstone]
    Prerequisite: Bard level 6th
    Benefit: The bonus granted by your inspire courage ability increases to +2.

Craft Rod [Item Creation]
    Change caster level requirement from 9th to 6th.
    just changed the requirement, nothing else
    Craft Staff [Item Creation]
    Change caster level requirement from 12th to 6th.
    as above
    Excelling Flurry [Capstone]
    Prerequisites: Monk level 6th.
    Benefit: You use Flurry of Blows with no penalty to your attack bonus. In addition, you qualify for feats that a Monk may take as 6th level bonus feats.

Expanded Casting
    Prerequisite: Character Level 6th
    Benefit: Choose a spellcasting class in which you have levels. You gain an additional spell slot for that class at any one level you can already cast.

Expanded Knowledge
    Prerequisite: Character Level 6th
    Benefit: Choose a spellcasting class in which you have levels. You gain an additional spell known from that class's spell list at any level you can cast.

Extra Domain Access [Capstone]
    Prerequisites: Wis 18 +, Cleric level 6, Knowledge (religion) 9 ranks, Extra Domain Power, Skill Focus: Knowledge (religion)
    Benefit: You gain access to the domain spell list of one additional domain associated with your deity. This domain must be the same one as that chosen for the Extra Domain Power feat. You may only take this feat once.

Extra Domain Power [Capstone]
    Prerequisites: Wis 18 +, Cleric level 6, Knowledge (religion) 9 ranks, Skill Focus: Knowledge (religon)
    Benefit: You gain the domain power of one additional domain associated with your deity. You may only take this feat once.

Forge Ring [Item Creation]
    Change caster level requirement from 12th to 6th.

Holy Strikes [Capstone]
    Prerequisite: Paladin level 6th.
    Benefit: Your melee attacks are considered good for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Improved Extra Invocation [Capstone]
    Prerequisites: Extra Invocation
    Benefit: You gain a new invocation of the best type you can cast.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, but not more times than you have taken Extra Invocation.
    (not a fan of invocations, though unfair to deny I suppose)
    Magical Talent
    Prerequisites: Ability to cast spells.
    Benefit: Treat your key casting ability score as though it were four higher for the purpose of bonus spells. This applies to only a single class that you choose when you take this feat.
    Special: You can take this feat multiple times. It stacks with itself.

Martial Veteran [Capstone]
    Prerequisites: Fighter level 6th.
    Benefit: You may select feats with a requirement of up to fighter level 8, and with a Base Attack Bonus requirement of up to +8.
    Special: A fighter may select Martial Veteran as one of his bonus feats.

Mighty Wild Shape [Capstone]
    Prerequisite: Druid level 6
    Benefit: Choose 1 Large animal. You can wild shape into that animal, subject to all normal wild shape restrictions other than size.

Open Minded [General]
    You are naturally able to reroute your memory, mind, and skill expertise.
    Benefit: You immediately gain an extra 5 skill points. You spend these skill points as normal. If you spend them on cross-class skills they count as ½ ranks. You cannot exceed the normal maximum ranks for your level in any skill.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time, you immediately gain another 5 skill points.

Psionic Body [Psionic]
    The hit points you gain from this feat cannot exceed two times your psionic class's key manifesting ability score modifier. If you have multiple psionic classes or key ability scores, use your highest key ability score to determine your benefit from this feat.
    did this get cut off?
    Psionic Talent [Psionic]
    Prerequisites: Ability to manifest powers.
    Benefit: Treat your key casting ability score as though it were four higher for the purpose of bonus PP. This applies to only a single class that you choose when you take this feat.
    Special: You can take this feat multiple times. It stacks with itself.

Restoration [Spell]
    Prerequisites: ability to cast 3rd level divine spells, Wisdom 18, Healing 9 Ranks
    Benefit: You can use Restoration as the spell (paying the material component) once per day with a casting time of 1 hour.

Roguish Ability [Capstone]
    Prerequisite: Rogue level 6th.
    Benefit: You learn one rogue special ability.

Skill Beyond Your Years
    Prerequisites: Character Level 6th
    Benefit: Choose a skill that is a class skill for you. Your maximum ranks in that skill increases from Character Level plus 3 to Character Level plus 6.

Step of the Wild Lands [Capstone]
    Prerequisites: Ranger level 6th
    Benefit: You gain the Woodland Stride and Swift Tracking class abilities.

Stone to Flesh [Spell]
    Prerequisites: 6th level, ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells, Intelligence 18, Craft (Alchemy) 9 Ranks
    Benefit: You can use stone to flesh, as the spell, with an expensive and secret magical ingredient with a market value of 1000 gp and a casting time of 1 day.

Swift Metamagic
    Prerequisite: Metamagic feats (see below), Caster Level 6th
    Benefit: When you take this feat, select a metamagic feat you possess. Once per day, you may apply this metamagic feat to a spell you cast with no adjustment to the level of the spell cast and no increase in casting time.
    Special: You must have a number of Swift metamagic feats equal to the level increase of your chosen metamagic, minus one, to take this feat. For example, Empower Spell, which boosts the level of a spell by 2, has a prerequisite of 1 Swift feat. Split Ray, which has an increase of 1, would have no prerequisites. This feat may be taken multiple times.
    Optional Feats Edit

Atonement [Spell]
    Prerequisite: Spellfocus (abjuration), Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, divine caster level 6th.
    Benefit: You can use atonement, as the spell (paying focus and XP costs normally), with a casting time of 1 hour.

Improved Skill Focus
    Prerequisite: Skill Focus in the skill in question:
    Benefit: Take any one skill you have the skill focus feat in. Your effective rank is considered 2 points higher for determining if you qualify for a feat. In addition, you may decide to reroll any check made with the skill. You must take the reroll result, even if it is worse.
    reroll once/day
    Greater Skill Focus
    Prerequisite: Improved Skill Focus in the skill in question
    Benefit: Take any one skill you have the Improved Skill Focus feat in. Your effective rank is considered 2 points higher for determining if you qualify for a feat (this benefit stacks with Improved Skill Focus). In addition, you may always choose to reroll the skill and take the higher result.
    reroll highest ability mod times/day
    Improved Skill Mastery
    Prerequisite: Skill Mastery
    Benefit: Choose a number of skills equal to 3 + your Int Modifier in which you have the Skill Mastery for.You may now take 15 on the skill, which works identically as taking 10, except that your result is 5 points higher.

Greater Skill Mastery
    Prerequisite: Improved Skill Mastery
    Benefit: Choose a number of skills equal to 3 + your Int Modifier in which you have the Skill Mastery feat. When taking 20, you require only half the usual time.

Skill Beyond Your Years
    Prerequisite: Level 6
    Benefit: Pick a skill. Your max ranks rise from Level+3 to Level +6.
    Extra Feats For Ability Advancement Edit

If you want your characters to be able to improve their abilities slightly above their natural aptitudes, then you can use the following.

Ability Training (General)
    You spend time honing one of your Abilities: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma.
    Benefit: Choose one Ability; treat that Ability as having a +2 bonus to that Ability Score whenever you are making an Ability Check. This bonus does not count when making a skill check or for any other use of that ability.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to another ability.
    may only be taken once
    Ability Advancement (General)
    Your training pays off, and one of your Abilities increases.
    Prerequisite: Ability Training in the same ability.
    Benefit: Choose one Ability. You gain a permanent +2 bonus to that ability. This bonus does nto stack with the benefit from Ability Training.
    Special: You can gain this feat multiple times, its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat it applies to another ability.
    For Villains Only Edit
    may only be taken once
    Mental Domination (General)
    You're able to subjugate certain people's mind.
    Prerequisite: Having charmed humanoid with HD equal or less than your caster level.
    Benefit: Choose a humanoid with HD equal your caster level or less, you have currently charmed. Treat charm person as dominate person against this person.
    Special: This feat can be taken several times. It applies to a different humanoid each time.

Terrain map
    Spoiler
    Show

Map of the powers that be
    Spoiler
    Show

Numbered map for conveniently referencing hexes
    Spoiler
    Show

Players
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Character kingdom hexes
    ErebusVonMori Kingdom of beasts 1
    samduke Xandri ??? 15
    Shadowflick Sir Krtin of the Green Scale The Knights of the Small Scale U58
    Buufreak Cierenea Voldifnorn, The Last Dragon’s Keep 69
    hamste Alen Sylbalar Rkanu 12
    neriractor "Lil' dragon" Jexabeth III Tulaxcada’s serfs 9
    5ColouredWalker Fortuna Kingdom of Charming 31

Discord link

Here is an OOC, feel free to go nuts with it.
    Last edited by drack; 2020-07-10 at 12:27 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Lords of Sleeping Beauty OOC

Post reserved just in case we need it later.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

PirateWench

speech blue

Regent Xandri
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-07-06 at 02:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Seasonal nation rolls spoilered IC is preferred, for everything else you can either do the same or roll in the OOC.

Lets see, recruitment post called this out:
    Include:
    Event
    RP earned for nation (funds after taxes)
    RP earned for regent (taxes) Remember that all your military costs and upkeep comes from this.
    realm&regent actions
    Martial actions

All in something you send me each season. At the first season of each year you'll send me all four seasonal reports again with a current status of all your stuff. PM me if you'd like an e-mail address (if that'd make it any easier.)

Your wars will take place in your choice of the main thread (for all to see), or a private thread. In the case you choose the latter "rumors" of your battle will come with any other news to other players at the beginning of the season.

Each year I will update maps with everyone's lands and such as well.
    So I guess I owe you guys a year 0 map.
    Last edited by drack; 2020-07-06 at 09:51 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Alen Sylbalar, Patrician of the thorpe known as Rkanu.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose an OOC post linked in the IC post could work too. (for rolls)
    Last edited by drack; 2020-07-06 at 11:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2020-07-10 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Cierenea. Ruler of Noble origin of Voldifnorn. I'll be working with a nice Deep Grey.
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

Buu's Combat Tracker

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fields of blood book
    BANK INCOME
    Type: Free
    Cost: 0 RPs
    Effect: At the end of a season, a regent may have income left
    unspent. These resources can be put into the treasury and, if the
    realm is Civilized, the resources are invested and earn interest (see
    p. 12). Banked income may be used next season.
    A regent may take any of the personal money he’s accumulated
    during his adventures, and spend it on upkeep or actions, but he
    must bank it first. It does not become available until next season.
    Banking may only occur after all money for regent actions has
    been spent and all upkeep has been paid.
    The was this is worded it sounds like only money collected as taxes which hasn't been spent can be banked, and any left over realm wealth fizzles, and that only cultured and civilized realms can convert GP to RP and back.

We're gonna have a GM ruling that anyone can convert wealth, it will be converted instantly, and that regent and realm funds can both be banked individually.

Edit: another ruling, this one on assets.

Forests may have logging camps and sawmills even if not elven (unless they're ocean adjacent in which case they get fish markets and fishing fleets instead)
    Mountains may have mines and smelters even if not dwarven (unless they're ocean adjacent in which case they get fish markets and fishing fleets instead)
    Planes may have crop rotation and irrigation, and if next to the ocean may also have fish markets and fishing fleets.
    Swamps may have fish markets and fishing fleets (this does not allow adjacent hexes to have them)
    Hills may have mines and smelters (unless they're ocean adjacent in which case they get fish markets and fishing fleets instead)
    Underground may have crop rotation and irrigation but cannot have fisheries or fishing fleets
    Aquatic hexes may have fish markets and fishing fleets (this does not allow adjacent hexes to have them)
    Deserts get sandy boots and nothing else.

Edit again: ocean hexes are the following 60, 64, 46, 36

Edit again:
    Quote Originally Posted by fields of blood
    Cost: 12 RPs per unit per week in provinces you govern, 48 RPs
    per unit per week otherwise
    we'll be interpreting this as if your unit starts in a provence you own, the cost will be 12RP
    Last edited by drack; 2020-07-06 at 05:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

All Hail Fortuna Rikkamper
    Didn't get into fluffing anything yesterday. Hopefully all will find itself attached this week, but this is a busy week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Girlfriend didn't pay internet, very slow for next little bit.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Double for Dice:

Taxation for Reagent: (1d1029)[1019]%
    Summer Random Event: (1d100)[25]: Nothing of note. I also ****ed up that tax roll completely so will have to do it again.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-07-06 at 09:57 PM.
    Status Update:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Taxation is Theft! (1d20+39)[47] [47]

Income:
    250*4*.25*1.1=275.
    Reagent: 129rp and 12.5 gold.
    Realm: 145.75 RP.
    Upkeep is 100 for Thorpe 40 for scouts. Going to need to split the scouts with the Realm, which means I've got a 5% chance of going into rebellion... I think I should have started on plains instead.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-07-06 at 10:02 PM.
    Status Update:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Rebellion (1 on 20) (1d20)[17]
    Status Update:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

And a new character.

(7d6b3)[16]
    (7d6b3)[17]
    (7d6b3)[16]
    (7d6b3)[15]
    (7d6b3)[15]
    (7d6b3)[17]

All Rise for the Kobold Crusader Queen!
    Last edited by Shadowflick; 2020-07-07 at 04:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Seasonal event roll (taxes on the IC):

(1d100)[13] (asset failure) doesn't work on assets I'm about to build right?
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-07-07 at 10:08 AM.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Who here has their location public and who's hiding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by neriractor View Post
    [roll0] (asset failure) doesn't work on assets I'm about to build right?
    Correct.

20. - Top - End - #20

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by ErebusVonMori View Post
    lady xandi of xanadu, Location hex 15 public

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ErebusVonMori View Post
    Mine is public, only hex I own.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sorry for doublepost, but missed the season update.

Fall random event: (1d100)[26]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I'm publicly in my hex. 31 I think.
    Status Update:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Taxation is Theft: (1d20+39)[48]
    Let's see how 'Lucky' we are: (1d100)[1] Autumn.

48% and Blight. Blight affexts hills and plains, so does nothing to me.

Income split is 132 Reagent/143 Realm. Adding banked means 268 and 37.5gp.
    Reagent upkeep is 100 for Thorpe Leaving me 32rp. Gonna spend 200gp out of pocket on my mercs because I need to save money for actually moving next season.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-07-11 at 12:30 AM.
    Status Update:

25. - Top - End - #25

PirateWench

Winter is Coming

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Season and split:
    (1d20+39)[48] 180 Reagent and 195 realm.
    (1d100)[99]

Reagent
    Looking Backwards I had 132 at the start of turn, then got 50 from Erebus, and spent 148, leaving me with 34 banked. Which gives me 214 for this turn.

Realm:
    I didn't spend any last turn, leaving the full 268 and 37.5gp from last turn, giving an updated total of 463 and 37.5gp.

This leaves me plenty for asset building, unit moving, and repaying/loaning to Erebus.

Plan (To become an IC post)
    -Don't pay Thorpe Upkeep, making it disapear.
    -Reagent Full Round to recreate Thorpe in now owned plains hex for free.
    -Pay units to move/upkeep for mercenaries from reagent, before banking everything, costing 52rp.
    -Repay and Loan to Errebus costing 110rp.
    -Realm builds a Irrigation (Nothing says you have to build the small one first), costing 375.
    -Bank money, ending with 52rp for Reagent and 88rp and 37.5gp for Realm.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-07-18 at 11:38 PM.
    Status Update:

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateWench

Season and split:
    (1d20+39)[47]
    [roll1
    ]
    (1d20+39)[48]
    (1d100)[99]
    Nice one...

Season event and taxes
    (1d20+39)[47]
    (1d100)[25]
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-07-17 at 10:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

(1d20+39)[57] Taxes
    (1d100)[32] seasonal event

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Season for the season god: (1d100)[34]
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

Buu's Combat Tracker

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

new season for the third one:

(1d100)[8]

not even going to bother rolling for how long my mountain terrain is impassable.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-07-19 at 09:31 PM.