New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Lords of Sleeping Beauty IC

OOC
    The summer sun shone over fields of golden wheat, a sort of vacant peace filling the air. It was hard to imagine that the capital was recently consumed by monstrous vines, that the kings knights were no longer paroling the kingdom, and that now a power vacuum existed, one big enough to pull even well matured kingdoms into a bloody war, let alone little settlements like yours. Only time will tell that will come of this.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

0 years and 0 seasons since the start of your reign.
    Last edited by drack; 2020-07-06 at 09:54 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Lords of Sleeping Beauty IC

Lord Vorhov would look around at his gathered troops, it had been frantic since the kingdom fell to that thrice-blasted prophecy, his own father lay bespelled in the former capital and lordship had been thrust upon him. He'd done his best, consolidating to a small thorpe on the northern edge of the kingdom, blessed with a mine and fairly defencible in his opinion, he'd ruled if not with an iron fist, then at least not with a soft one, levying heavy taxes upon the population. The Whispered One damn the fae who's curse had made such actions necessary.

This might have at first seemed drastic but Alexai knew people well enough, it was just a matter of time until those lords that remained fell to infighting and the pursuit of power, which led to today and the beginning of the great push into the unexplored North. With those troops he'd managed to pull together, small force of loyal scouts, he would search the wilderness for beasts and magic enough to build a great host, first to unite this fractured kingdom under a single, if bloodstained, banner, then to retake the capital itself.

He was under no illusions the campaign would be anything other than hideously bloody, but such was the burden of command he supposed, time would judge him, failure, butcher or titan, for now it mattered not. Just one thing mattered. He turned to his gathered troops and gave a single command:

"Onward."

Spoiler
    Show
    Summer Event: (1d100)[67]
    Taxes (Heavy): (1d20+39)[43]

Boy I'm glad I went heavy or I might have gone bankrupt on roll 1

Realm Actions:
    Moving a unit north, with ruler attached, unit to search the Hex whilst hiding, Mine to be built in the capital
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2020-07-06 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

ere
    Spoiler
    Show

The winding hills seem to give way to yet more winding hills, and scattered brush to yet more scattered brush, but as you advance your scouts report to you that they continue to encounter familiar landmarks of your kingdom.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tap Tap Tap Tap

The Sounds of thousands of small, plated boots marching across the great caverns of what would be the Kobold's crusading Tunnels. Sticking deep beneath the earth, The Knights of the Small scale would be able to go wherever they were needed. Whether it be a cry for help in the darkness or a desperate princess in need of rescue, If they were there, they would not allow such suffering.

Holl0wood's Legacy, the First of these Crusades have set up a small camp that is already being taken apart for there next move. Kritin, there King Crusader now stands over a map of the land with his general, discussing just what there plans for the future may be.

"Before all else, We need to establish ourselves militarily. As well, we cant be blind down here. the More knights we have willing to delve into the caves before the ret of the crusade does, the more capable we are of growing. I will go with the first man at arms Regiment while we train up a new group of Crossbow Knights. May Chivalry be with you, always."

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Event: (1d100)[63]
    Taxes: Heavy (1d20+39)[53]
    Total- 312
    Regent: 165
    Realm: 147

Military Actions:

Attaching Kritin to the Unit of Kobold Scouts to go explore the underground Tiles 59, 60, 49, 50, 51 for 48 RP from Realm Fund
    Kobold Crossbow knights If mustered this Turn will scout the underground hexes of 59, 64, 68, 69, 66 for 48 RP

Regent Action:

Muster Troops- Kobold Crossbow Knight for 159 RP

Realm Actions: None

Last edited by Shadowflick; 2020-07-06 at 03:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

NecromancerGuy

After the fifth landmark Alexai would call a stop to the march, calling up his head scout Olev, "We're being played for fools here." He says softly, "Some kind of illusion I'll wager, can you think of a way through?"
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Lady Xandri after marching with her people finally found a place to settle near a nice forest and local water, it was almost ideal.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Summer Event: (1d100)[15]
    Heavy Taxes: (1d20+39)[54]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Alen leans back in his throne set up in the town hall of the thorpe. His father would never have expected this. Literally all nobles going down simultaneously was a massive boon. The king was a fool with his money, letting Rkanu. Not anymore, while the king sleeps, the infrastructure will grow and the town become profitable. When the king reawakens he would have no choice but to acknowledge Rkanu as city worthy of admiration rather than some small village to ignore and let the potential waste away from. First though, the people were rowdy and needed a firm hand to show them they were safe.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Season events (1d100)[11]
    Heavy Taxes (1d20+39)[45]

Knowledge Politics to know the governments of everyone (Assuming I can't take 10. If I can I will)
    ErebusVonMori (1d20+8)[24]
    samduke (1d20+8)[15]
    Shadowflick (1d20+8)[25]
    Buufreak (1d20+8)[24]
    neriractor (1d20+8)[21]

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The sun was shining on another season. Cierenea sat not on a throne, but in the pews, waxing the lengths of Moradin and his great means of providing for the masses. It was a new day, and with the love and support of her people, she would find greatness, en masse.

But for the masses to remain happy, the nation needed to grow.

Spoiler: Actions and math and stuff
    Show
    Spoiler: Money Calculations
    Show
    Total Resources: = 500 RP

Civilized, x1.25 = 625 RP

Taxes, Light: =20% RP/season
    =125RP

Taxes, Moderate: =30% RP/season
    =188RP

Taxes, Heavy: 40% RP/season
    =250RP

Regent’s Income: = Moderate Taxes = 188RP

Governing Upkeep: = 0%
    = 0 RP

Final Income: = Income – Governing Upkeep
    = 188 RP
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Units, Buildings: = 1 Dwarven Search Squad

Upkeep: = 82 RP

Province Upkeep: = 1 Thorpe = 100RP

SURPLUS: = Total Resources – Taxes – Upkeep
    = 625 – 188 - 182
    = 255 RP

Convert 66800 gp: 334 RP
    Personal Income: 188 + 344 = 522 RP
    Nation Surplus : 255 RP

Season event : (1d100)[49] (Nothing of note)

Regent actions: A public declaration:
    "Be it by stone, fire, or divine justice, this world will be safe; land, sea, and sky!"

Realm actions: Build asset in Tile 69, Mine - 500 RP, 150 from nation, 350 from regent

Week 1 Military actions: Move Dwarven Search Squad into Tile 68 to explore and seek out hostiles. Then return home, and then explore Tile 65 - 12RP, cost 12/28 MP

Income: 522 - 12 - 350 = 160RP
    Realm: 255 - 150 = 105RP

A public declaration, to any and all who will hear it:
    "Be it by stone, fire, or divine justice, this world will be safe; land, sea, and sky!"
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2020-07-06 at 10:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

The past few weeks had been tough, gathering all the people he could, organising the training of a handfuls of hunstmen into a group of professional scouts with the help of the few scouts he could find, and making sure everyone had enough food.
    And he almost failed, which was why he was busy speaking to the man who found himself the second richest in the... Thorpe, to be honest.
    Because he had a inn set up already that accommodate travellers.

"Two days, and they'll be gone. Out of your hair, looking out for dangers and figuring out what we can scrape together. They won't be back for ages... Just, give them these two last days. I promise, no more quatering people here, you'll be free to get as many high paying drinkers as you want. Can you manage two days."
    There was a deep breath.
    "For you, M'lord. But you can consider us square for all the help you've given me once they're gone. And you're still picking up the tab."
    "My man, if this works out, I'll see to getting it paid twice over."

Two days later, the scouts marched into the wild, ready to learn what the could of this new world.

Spoiler: Realm Actions
    Show

Reagent: Annex hex 21 as standard. No other actions. [Scouts starting in there from Discord agreement.]
    Realm: Bank 125 rp and 37.5gp

Pre-start: OOC Posts 13-15.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-07-07 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It had been the longest time since Tulaxcada left them in the murky swamp, the hoard split for tributes as the different families searched for new masters.

It had been long since the families that stayed had grown accostumed, hunting and corraling fish into kobold-made pools.

Longish since his family had tended a small shrine and got some recognition, the spare fish and coinage for the dragons who flew oh so far away.

And just a generation ago wit his father (wings guide him otherwere) they became more dragon like, long lived and sublime to the eyes of their kin, suddenly also beings of worship, beings worthy of a hoard.

And the families flocked just to be near them, and the paying of tribute became expected and proper, as was to become an outcast should you be found wanting.

Just a few weeks ago the young and rash were given crossbows and spears, just as an experiment, one Jexabeth looked at with gleaming eyes.

And just today he finished a sermon, retelling myths and peddling dreams that the crowd bought with gusto, then when he slept in his private horde he wondered about how slowly it grew and how he could help it grow faster, that day he grew a bit more and a bit less dragon-like.

Over the summer he gave back from the hoard and summoned idle kobolds to work and build, keen on showing Tulaxcada's aspects as progenitor and nurturer, most people that would grumble about the god's tribute being spent on infrastructure for a marketplace and the nearby fishermen were the Kind easily silenced by bribes or cleverly worded threats transmitted through the priesthood. At the end the people rejoiced for the new place to trade in, and Jexabeth slept happy, if less luxuriously in his still vast hoard, as he knew it would be bigger than ever if he kept up the good work.

Spoiler: actions and taxes
    Show
    turning 60000 into 300 RP straight away.

And doing the tax roll before picking actions (moderate):
    (1d20+29)[37]

Proper actions:
    Paying for upkeep- Free
    Realm actions:
    Build improvement (fishing market)- standard.
    Regent actions:
    Bank income- Free

Summer seasonal roll
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-07-07 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

All the various thorpe leaders are sent a letter.

"Greetings, this is a general call for funds has been sent out. With the recent fire destroying most of our wood production for the season, we are looking for a loan to upgrade our infrastructure. It should be returned with the agreed interest next season once the wood is gathered for sale again. For those interested please contact us, we will need a total of [141.85 rp] and are willing to take loans of any amount in our goal to reach the required funds.
    -Alen, Patrician of Rkanu
    "

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post

"Greetings, this is a general call for funds has been sent out. With the recent fire destroying most of our wood production for the season, we are looking for a loan to upgrade our infrastructure. It should be returned with the agreed interest next season once the wood is gathered for sale again. For those interested please contact us, we will need a total of [141.85 rp] and are willing to take loans of any amount in our goal to reach the required funds.
    "
    Lady Xandri, having received a letter requesting aid, upon looking at status of the realm having weighed the risks and rewards. Retruns a letter to the honorable Alen, Patrician of Rkanu along with a small gift of 50 RP. Please accept this mutual aid package.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

In the third week of the season, the letter is received in the south of the kingdom, and replied to thusly:

To those wishing to seek temporary riches, the Great Stone Bank of the kingdom Voldifnorn humbly accepts your request. Please allow 4-6 weeks for a sum the equivalence of 100 RP, to be paid back in full come the open of the following season, at a standardized rate of 5 among 100 per season.

The caravan of heavy stone and gold began departure at once.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    -50 from income, -50 from national surplus
    Still holding 110 // 55

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"
    An oral reply was prepared, with a caravan of Kobolds lugging wood, food tools of work; with a trio of priests guiding them, the head of which spoke "Most revered Jexabeth, has seen your plight, how your people lack knowledge of their past and how to avoid offending the divine in the present. For now he grants you [100 RP] to be returned as soon as possible, with no further interest than allowing me and my fellow priests to stay and help with that first problem.

Should the Patrician accept: The trail of kobolds would follow along and aid where asked to, most left in a few weeks, after their job was done, with a few staying to support their clergy, the trio of priests would stay and preach what they knew of the world, living off the ilustrous Alen and of their crafts until enough faithful existed to support them.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-07-09 at 07:55 PM.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

To Lady Xandri: We thank you for your generous gift and are excited to start trade in the upcoming seasons.

To Voldifnorn: We gladly accept these conditions and your loan should be fully paid off by the end of the next season assuming no other unfortunate fires occur. We will keep you mind for future loans assuming you are willing.

To Tulaxcada: Of course your priests can stay. If any of the dragon gods particularly favor wealth even more than usual for dragonkind, they would be particularly successful here.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

0 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

Kingdom of Charming
    Spoiler
    Show

A Strange bird arrives, it looks to be in terrible agony, flying to the center of town before attempting to smash it's head on anything it can find, but the weirdest part about the whole ordeal is that it continues to repeat in the common tongue "Leave, leave now, you have one year to leave kaw kaw or you will be subsumed. Flee now, flee now kaw kaw." A villager managed to capture the bird and keep it alive for you, but the message sounds foreboding.

The Knights of the Small Scale
    Spoiler
    Show

Official news came in from the frontward troop, the king was missing, possibly dead. It's hard to conclude what the curse was, but but it doesn't seem to be something that'll be resolved easily.

Rkanu
    Spoiler
    Show

The arsonists have been captured and jailed. It seems to have been the work of a small activist group who disagree with your rule and calling for the dissolution of the government. It's no small number of your people, but fortunately still the minority overall. Your people wait to see how they'll be punished for this indiscretion.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Alen is sitting in front of his ledger contemplating. The logging mill was up and running which was good but a lot of the loans were becoming due and had to be returned. As long as nothing bad happened, it should be fine but in such infancy of their nation nothing could go wrong or they would be ruined. He also had to figure out the punishment for the arsonist. Execution was the obvious answer considering the danger they put everyone in but first he would have to look into what support they had among the public before deciding.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

My seasonal roll (1d100)[17]

Here is my bardic knowledge to see if there is anything notable about the arsonist (1d20+5)[22]
    As well as a knowledge politics check to try to figure out the political ramifications of various punishments as well as to see which groups might support arsonists or make martyrs (1d20+8)[14]

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Lady Xandri having opened official trade agreements with her elven neighbor dispatched the first of many shipments to the elven nation. while improving her own realm.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Seasonal event (1d100)[92]
    Taxes Light: auto roll a 1 +19% for 20%

19. - Top - End - #19

NecromancerGuy

An entire season of failure... Alexai tried hard not to grind his teeth, it wasn't all bad, the mines were built and his small thorpe was growing slowly but surely even if the peasants all but bled under his taxes. Still it had to be done, especially with what he now knew, or at least suspected. And the others had to know too.

He hadn't trusted a scribe with the letters he was writing, identical copies to every surviving lord or would-be ruler he knew of, sealed and sent away by courier on horseback.

Spoiler: The Letter (Only for those who are being public about their location)
    Show
    Dear [Insert Name],

I am Lord Alexai Vorhov, son of Lord Orzai Vorhov, I know we do not know each other well and that in these hard times trust is a rare commodity, but I write to you on a matter of utmost urgency. My holdings are situated at the edge of the kingdom and thus I presume myself to be the only man aware of the dire situation we find ourselves in. The realm appears severed from the outside world, a dozen times I sallied forth and each time a powerful illusion redirected me back to my own lands at the border.

I ask thee please, check this holds true at your nearest border, if there is an escape we must know of it. If not I would beg equipment and funds such that I may use to try and pierce this illusion.

Yours sincerely,
    Lord Vorhov

Spoiler
    Show
    Seasonal Event: (1d100)[7]
    Taxes: (1d20+39)[46]
    Annexing 2.
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2020-07-10 at 05:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Upon receiving a letter from a foreign dignitary from a far away kingdom, having read the letter. Lady Xandri of Xanadu dispatches a reply letter.

to the Honorable Lord Alexai Vorhov, My scouts have encountered the barrier spoken of but have not made any attempt to breach it as of this letter. When my scouts return next I will instruct them to attempt a barrier breach in a few locations. If successful I will correspond with you further on this matter.
    Sincerely Lady Xandri of Xanadu
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-07-10 at 04:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: To the Kingdom of Beasts
    Show

That thing has been there for generations. People just don't try to leave often and most forgot it. Additional information is available including the intended way to get through it if you are interested. Just ask and pay a fee equal to [10 rp] and we shall explain the rich history of the barrier and how it is intended to be passed through.
    -From Alen of Rkanu

Spoiler: To Xanadu
    Show

That thing has been there for generations. People just don't try to leave often and most forgot it. Additional information is available including the intended way to get through it if you are interested. Just ask and we will tell you, through more private means. Though we do ask, if we tell you that you don't tell the Kingdom of Beasts unless they pay you at least [10 rp]. They gave us a high interest loan last season, and we find the concept of getting the interest we paid back entertaining.

We were also wondering you would be interested in establishing trade between our thorpes. With how close the towns are, with both of us working towards a road could be built quickly and trade started immediately. Given your generous gift we will even pay the full cost of the road between our lands.
    -From Alen of Rkanu
    Last edited by Hamste; 2020-07-10 at 06:51 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

to the honorable Alen, Patrician of Rkanu
    RE:
    Spoiler: To Xanadu
    Show

We were also wondering you would be interested in establishing trade between our thorpes. With how close the towns are, with both of us working towards a road could be built quickly and trade started immediately. Given your generous gift we will even pay the full cost of the road between our lands.
    -From Alen of Rkanu
    Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Lady Xandri having opened official trade agreements with her elven neighbor dispatched the first of many shipments to the elven nation. while improving her own realm.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quintessa sits upon the Throne of the camp. Propelled into leadership after Kritin of the Green scale declared he would try and see what was wrong with the THorny castle...but, the castel proved to be tricky, and The Green Scale was lost within it's Thorns. Now, Quintessa, his former squire has risen to become the Queen Crusader of the Knights of the Small Scale

"Sir Kritin, was a brave man. He sought to lead us into a world that would be free of the tyranny of beasts. Dragons. The Tyrants who would control our lives for ther own ends, send us to there deaths and defend our hordes from simple heroes! Tools to be disposed of when they found it useful. Kritin fought against that. A tiny creature hoping to make a change in the world. The Pebble that would be the firrst stone in the mountain. Now, I will be that next stone, and after I fall...one of you shall. We should not see this as a defeat no...he would not like that. This, is a beginning. To a brighter future, for all!" She raises her sword, and the Kobolds cheer.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Small Camp Output: 1250
    Taxes: Heavy- (1d20+39)[47]

Season Event: (1d100)[98]

Small Camp will Move to: Hex 69 Underground

Realm Actions:
    Create a Small Camp on Hex 68 for 100 RP (Full Season)

Regent Actions
    Recruit more Troops = Kobold Crossbow Knights x 3 (471 RP)

Military Actions:
    Move The Three New Kobold Crossbow Knights into Tiles 62, 53 ,63 (144 RP)

Last edited by Shadowflick; 2020-07-17 at 10:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Another fine day atop a mountain, give praise and thanks to the Lords on High. To Moradin, the founder of the mountain homes and patron of all Dwarves. To Abbathor, master of all that glitters gold. To Berranar, who keeps all her children safe in her bosom. And to Haela, who brings great fortune to us!

Spoiler: Year 1, Autumn, Nation of Dwarves
    Show

Voldifnorn
    Features: Mine, +25% RP generation

Total Resources: = 625 RP

Civilized, x1.25 = 781 RP

Taxes, Light: =20% RP/season
    =156RP

Taxes, Moderate: =30% RP/season
    =234RP

Taxes, Heavy: 40% RP/season
    =312RP

Regent’s Income: = Moderate Taxes = 234RP

Governing Upkeep: = 0%
    = 0 RP

Final Income: = Income – Governing Upkeep
    = 234 RP
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Units, Buildings: = Na

Upkeep: = 0 RP

Province Upkeep: = 1 Thorpe = 100RP

SURPLUS: = Total Resources – Taxes – Upkeep
    = 781 – 234 - 100
    = 447 RP

Previous balances:
    Personal 110, +2% = 112
    Nation 55, +2% = 56

Currents: Personal Income = 234 + 112
    346 RP
    National Surplus = 447 + 56
    503 RP

Outstanding Debts: 105 RP, Rkanu

Seasonal Roll: (1d100)[66] (Nothing of Note)

Actions: with the immediate realm explored, I annex the explored tiles. (Tile 68 and Tile 65)
    For my nation, we begin upgrading to hamlet.

-330 from personal, -420 from nation.

Final totals (pending loan):
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2020-07-15 at 08:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Autumn starts with a flurry of letters regarding the state of the world, for while the people led Rikkamper have not touched the edge of the world, Fortuna is leading them there generally to reach fertile plains despite the rumors of blight. Among the messages is a request for food and mapping supplies met by Alexai, and his people pick up to move.

However, as the first people start to leave, Fortuna moves to the edge of the fey woods, bringing what few ritual components and gifts he can scrounge. He rides 'Charmer' looking the symbol of a couragous noble in his finary, while behind him his guards ride looking far more concerned, and even his hounds look at him occasionally in concern.

Spoiler: A letter to Alexai
    Show

A far less formal letter from Fortuna Rikkamper arrives, bearing his seal.

Thank you Alexai, it's great to hear that some men are still willing to help others without seeking to gouge. While we have had a rough start in these woods, I could not leave even the least of my people to fend for themselves, even if the woodsmen initially wished to stay despite the curse.

Unfortunately, events have conspired such that I won't be seeking the kingdoms borders immediately to confirm the extent of the curse, for I have a meeting with fey I must attend. With hope, my next letter will bear more news. Should the worst happen however a mayor who recognizes the debt and has sworn to repay it within a month of the winter equinox has been elected.

With fair regards.
    Fortuna.

Spoiler: A missive for Alen Sylbalar
    Show

A human scout arrives at the borders of the burgoning Elven kingdom, bearing the seal of the Rikkamper. In it in flowery script is a greeting from Fortuna Rikkamper, stating that while scouts have aproached the borders he has no intention on entering the forests they've claimed, but that he does make intention of relocating human people to the nearby plains. One particular line stands out.

'It is my hope we can work together in this time of crises, and that no one feels need for man or elf to shed the other's blood while the kingdom is in disaray.'

Spoiler: The Kingdom of Charming. (I should probably think of a proper name.)
    Show

Reagent Action: Recieve 50rp from Erebus.
    Martial: Order scouts into hex 11. [Plains, finally], costing 48rp.
    Reagent: Anex hex 11.
    Reagent/Realm: Bank all RP.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

A letter to All of the other Lords & Ladies of the Realm with known locations.

My Lords and Ladies, the Xanadu Empire wishes to announce the arrival of good stock horses well suited for many things these animals are trained and available for purchase the first week of Winter If you are interested we will be selling these in lots of 100, order yours soon as supplies are likely to run low fast. cordially send messenger and 200 RP and your horses will be delivered no later than the second week of winter or one to two weeks later if ordered later than the first week.
    Sincerely Lady Xandri
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-07-14 at 07:23 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

A second letter for all, signed as being dictated on the behalf of Fortuna Rikkamper.

Lords, Ladies and Leaders of the Kingdom.

I have had the pleasure of speaking with a member of the Fey Courts regarding the enchantments that have touched our realm. To those seeking knowledge of the borders, they have been Blessed. Thorns surround the borders of the kingdom, keeping back a fog that would send all but those with strong wills to sleep. I have been told how the thorns may be removed, but until the fog is lifted, doing so would simply result in it rolling into the kingdom, as it has been made clear to me.

To lift the blessing, we must seek to reach the princess, and provide her with a person who would make her happy, and love her as her betrothed for their lives. While there's doubtless some that would in their hearts wish to try nefariously overreaching their power, I feel we must work together to ensure the enchantment as soon as possible. However, it appears the kings old defenses have been activated by the defenses, so our best bet is to gather our strength and work together, or gain the assistance of the kingdom's Dragons. And I imagine we all know they dislike being asked to talk most years, let alone being asked to assist, unless someone among us remembers enough details about the treaties with them and wish to try calling them to task while most of the kingdom sleeps.

I hope to be able to speak to you all in person on this matter soon, but instead I must manage those still awake under my care for a while longer. Perhaps we could arrange to meet in the summer?

With kind regards.
    Fortuna Rikkamper.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

0 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

Winter reaches slowly across the land, coating it in a healthy dusting of snow which glimmers with crystalline luster under the mellow sun.
    Last edited by drack; 2020-07-17 at 09:19 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

NecromancerGuy

It was a slow season, Lord Horhov slowly descending into the monotony of rule, small gains here and there but mostly just one day passing into the next as he oversaw the construction of a smelter for his small settlement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heavy Tax: (1d20+39)[52]
    Seasonal Event:(1d100)[26]

Realm Action: Buy Improvement (Smelter)
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2020-07-19 at 07:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jexabeth had rested during fall, barely getting up from his hoard to give the occasional sermon, but again he grew restless during winter, perhaps it was the chilly winds or a particularly nagging diamond that always seemed to find the top of the pile, but he saw this season as an opportunity for a progress different from his endless fishing, and his evergrowing congregation seemed to support that claim.

Spoiler: Taxes and season
    Show
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-07-19 at 10:19 PM.