New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Lords of Sleeping Beauty IC

Criers go out among the various cities and towns to make a declaration in the wealthier districts if allowed as well as put up posters for those who can read.

"Rkanu is holding a Great Tournament to celebrate the end of the fall harvest. It is free to attend and a variety of events are being held. Events include, the Grand Melee, an archery competition, jousting, hand to hand duels, magical performances where the audience decides the winner, a music competition and an art competition. The total prize pool will be over 150000 gold pieces or the economic equivalent and those of exceptional talent may be offered jobs with Rkanu.

For those who wish to enter an event, applications are available and assistance may be given if you are unable to read or write. A test of skill will be held to insure only the best are allowed in."

The application is pretty standard, it waives the right to compensation in the event of harm during the event as long as Rkanu takes reasonable care to prevent it from happening as well as many legalese rules. There is also a section that notes if you are already attached to an organization or if you are looking to be hired.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

So for leaders who want to enter, if you win you can choose to take the prize money in RP or it changed into gold (Assuming magical prizes are not available in time). For all events the top prize is 400 rp, second prize is 75 and third is 25. Expenses for travel for the grand melee will also be covered for first, second and third unless they are outrageous (Mainly seeing some people might have economic problems with moving their units for the melee). None of my units or people are currently set to compete but additional prizes may be offered for exhibition matches with them.

Undead are banned from any competition that uses non-lethal damage and if an undead wants to compete in any other competition they must at least seem to be alive.

For the Grand Melee a unit will have to attend (For safety reasons only 1 unit from each nation will be allowed to attend) and they will be set next to each other to fight with non-lethal weapons. This is a melee so no mounts are allowed.

For all the others, you can send any Regent, Hero or single representative of a unit (So if you have a unit you can send the stat block you used to make them for the single representatives). Please note, I reserve the right to turn away anyone for any reason.

For the archery tournament, a series of 5 attack rolls will be made and then all of them will be added together. The person with the highest total wins. In case of ties, it will go to sudden death roll off. Only spells you can cast yourself and last at least 30 minutes will be allowed. You may use your own equipment but not any consumable.

Song competition is identical to the archery competition except performance rolls and you may not cast any spell.

For the jousting tournament, you both make an attack roll against each other. If one person hits and the other misses you are unseated. If both hit you both make power rolls and the person with the lower roll is unseated. If you both miss or tie the power roll you try again. No spells of any kind are allowed in this competition and for safety reasons the lances will be provided by the tournament but you can bring your own armor.

Hand to hand combat is just a non-lethal fight. You bring your own equipment though the fight must be non-lethal. Any spell that you can cast that targets yourself or your equipment and does not affect your opponent is allowed. For example, mage armor is allowed if you want to but a spell that gives a fear aura is not. There is at least 10 minutes between each fight for the chapel to heal you and for other matches to occur. You may not cast any spell targeting your opponent or the terrain. No consumables are allowed.

Magical performances, you just have to be impressive with your description. This is audience decision so it really is up to me. I should note, I assume the audience is not trained in magic so it is all about looks.

Art competition is identical to the magical performances. Note any non-winning artist still owns their work and may sell it afterwards but the winning works are property of Rkana. If expensive materials are used in the art or the artist particularly well known additional prize money may be given.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Having received an invitation to send representation to a grand tournament with their elven ally Renget Xandri sends a courier with reply.
    To the Honorable Rkanu of the elven nation, I would be delighted to send a representation to your grand tournament.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-09-03 at 01:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The New member of the pantheon was being accepted easily, as his portfolio and motives neither clashed nor overlapped too much with the Dragons that lived amongst mortalkind of their mother godess Tulaxcada.

Jexabeth have had his doubt, but if the pantheon was at all displeased they hadn't shown it. This season the shrine to the mother and the ember fiend of war were even more revered amongst the other gods, as families spent tribute and prayer for the protection of the gods to reach their pious children, the chosen to form Tulaxcada's wings and serve as her vanguard against the dangerous world the previous kingdom left behind. (at least that's how it was sold)

out they went, into the unknown, Jexabeth accompanying them for the first of their journey, it was too important for morale to be avoided.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Repay loan: 200 RP to Erevus, from surplus of course.
    Regent actions:
    Standard: muster unit (Meditant wings)

Realm actions:
    Pay upkeep

martial actions:
    free action: move Meditant wings (1), jexabeth will follow them as unit commander though I'm not sure if I have to spend an action to secund my ruler to the unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

With the passing of summer the leaves of the trees have turned and fall has begun

Random season event (1d100)[92] Unexpected Harvest

Moderate Taxation auto roll 1 +29 =30%
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-09-04 at 08:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

2 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Alen confidently strides down the stairs leading from his new massive fortress towards the festival. Many crossbow men sit on top of the battlements staring out from their various guard posts. A retinue of extremely muscular humans with cold iron weapons follow him around as well as a human in a mithral breast plate acting as guards and making sure the rabble does not get too close. Approaching the town, he smirks at seeing the old hill fort in the distance. Almost abandoned now as the wheels of progress pushed them forward, the town guard still uses it as a base of operations, mostly to keep other factions from seizing it than anything else.

The town itself is celebrating as the wood harvesting finishes for the season. Soon they would turn to working the wood into various things but for now they celebrate. The streets are lined with people as the markets overflow with things for sale and tourists. Various minor events go on around the city from street performers to tests of strength to carnival like games. Brothels are over flowing with visitors and alcohol flows everywhere. Woe to anyone who breaks the rules of this place though. Despite the festivities or perhaps because of them, many crossbow armed guards walk through the streets ever vigilant against the would be pick pocket or robber.

Now though the attention shifts to a mostly clear field just outside the town. Many temporary stands are placed around the edges of the field allow those who wish to watch a chance to see and a small wooden tower structure is set up away from these stands for rulers and other important guests to view the the fights away from the stench and sound of the unwashed masses. The inside the tower is quite opulent for a structure that is quite temporary and well decorated to show the wealth of Rkanu. Various delicacies are served by waiters and Alen's muscle-bound guards stand watch after making sure again no hidden assassin or arsonist is already in the building.

Next to the field sits several opulently dressed people. It would be easy to mistake them for merchants with how well dressed they are but the many holy symbols of various gods of wealth and the injury tent nearby suggests they are actually the medics for the injured.

Spoiler: OOC please read
    Show

Ok, so the first event will be the Grand melee.

So I figure you can rp and introduce the unit you brought if there is anything special about how they look or act. I am not sure how many nations including if any npc nations showed up but once I know that I will randomly assign fights for the Grand melee.

I would also like to know OOC which events everyone has competitors for the sake of stream lining the other ones.

Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Lady Xandri of Xanadu having received an invitation to the grand tournament hosted by her elven neighbor, which is set to take place late fall, has sent forth her tournament champion in hopes they can take the grand prize.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Selecting trusted individuals, Rikkamper heads off from Rikkamper's Clearing, a productive training camp who's leader core has recently been celected from candidates determined by Fortuna himself. The Garrison's commander retains charge of the growing realm, while people stream into Northreach as scouts redirect people, babies are born and people age up. Slowly but surely, rebuilding this patch of the realm.

Meanwhile, messengers are sent ahead, with Rkanu hearing word from what are clearly untalented heralds announcing Fortuna Rikkamper approaches at the head of a small host of knights, having been sent a couple of weeks early to cross the desert first, the herald's companion leaving trail markers. Additionally there's a letter for Lord Sylbalar.

Spoiler: Letter to Lord Syllabar
    Show

Lord Sylbalar

I look forward to seeing you in person since our exchange. I'm currently leading my house's reformed house-guard Knights to take part in your trials, as well as a traveler from beyond the fog. I'm hoping we can together talk with him, as he's had some confusion about whether he's gotten lost in the fog or truly comes from beyond it. I have a fear that our kingdom's newest blessing might be altering time as often happens in fey realms. I'm hoping that we can pool resources on the matter, and perhaps use the tournament as an opportunity to rally support for a group investigation on the castle defenses.

In regards to the competition, members of my retinue will be competing in the Grand Melee, Jousting Tournament, Single Melee, Archery contest, and the Magical Display. We'll be arriving in the 7th week of fall, and while we'd prefer to spend time within your walls, are willing to camp without.

Graciously
    Lord Fortuna

Soon after the arrival of the Herald and Letter, the House Guard of Rikkamper arrives, 100 knights in gleaming plate astride mighty chargers... At their head is Fortuna Rikkamper himself, bearing the Fortuna Standard of dancing fey around a golden tree on green background. Next to him another knight rides, looking well apart from all the rest, bearing religious heraldry.

Spoiler: Seasonal Planning
    Show

Income: 2*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
    Reagent: 58% or 807.46875, plus bank gives a starting total of 1,231.4687rp and 208.454gp. [Done this way because after upkeep I have fractional, so converting after upkeep)
    Realm: 42% or 584rp and 35.937gp, plus bank gives a starting total of 827rp and 203.905gp. Becomes 828rp and 3.905gp.

Reagent:
    Running Total: 1,231.4687rp and 208.454gp.
    Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory and 25 for Local Hero, 10 for Lighthouse [791.5625]
    New Total: 439rp and 253.764gp
    Raise Troops: Raise 2 Unit Commanders, being Standard Level 2 Commanders with Regular Guardsman equipment, and 1 General, 'Homeguard Commander Jacob Dorner' with 'General of the homeguard' equipment. Costs 167.5rp. ).5 rp becomes 25gp.
    Train (100xp) as a standard action (1400xp)
    Spend 96rp on martial action movement.
    Bank Income: 176rp and 278.764gp

Realm:
    Pay Upkeep: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)
    Upgrade Northreach to Hamlet (500rp)
    Bank 313rp and 3.905gp

Next Turn Income:
    Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*. 5)=2320.3125
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 250rp for Thorpe and Hamlet and 25 for Local Hero [806.5625]
    Realm: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)

Plans:
    Build Menagerie and Lighthouse in Clearing. Then Upgrade Northreach.
    Build Horses to saddle scouts, consider training/upgrading equipment at same time. Send traveling with Cleric to do scouting/annexing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Letter to Lord Fortuna
    Show

Lord Fortuna

That does interest as well, and it interests me deeply to hear what you think on the subject. I have studied the histories and legends a bit on the subject.

You might be a bit too late on searching the castle depending on how it is passively protected but it does interest us in exploring it and we elves might have a unique advantage against what ever enchantment is on the place. Have you had anyone down there to see what they can learn about the nature of the spell?

Of course, each Lord has an area set up in the nobles quarters that they can use as they wish. It won't be in the fortress walls but it is secure.

Sincerely,
    Lord Alen

Spoiler: OOC for tournament please read
    Show

I said this in the discord but I would like all the tournaments you are competing in if you are competing by some time Sunday. I have 2 people so far.

Last edited by Hamste; 2020-09-05 at 08:52 PM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

It isn't long before the competition officially begins. An elven lady carrying a lute strums it once before a soft voice loud enough to be heard is projected across the field declaring the first fight of the four fight tournmanent.

Either through rigging or random chance, the first two matches are extremely boring. Two groups of peasants who decided they wanted a chance at free money entered and were set against the professional soldiers the two visiting dignitaries brought with them. Unsurprisingly, they were easily thrashed and the matches ended quickly as long as the knights tried. The two peasant groups fighting each other for third place were at least interesting even just for the insane chaos that was the fight. Their comparatively low skill made the fight last much longer than the previous two rounds and they were going all out for the good amount of money third place would offer them.

Finally, it comes to the last fight of the melee. Lord Fortuna's knights versus Lady Xandri's knights.

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It was a long harsh winter, not because of deep snows or strong winds, which were largely ignored by the stout and marsh-dwelling kobolds, no, it was long because Jexabeth made a poor choice, or at least one that felt as such.

He grumbled like never before, the elven silk of his bedroll sharing the texture of caltrops when compared to his beatiful hoard back home, it was unseemly to bring it with him to a proper military camp no matter how devoted to him and the dragongods; The food was boring and mostly composed of the enormous ammounts of weasels he had smoked out of their burrows, judging them too dangerous in their traditional swarms for an untrained kobold to deal with. The responsabilities for most administrative duties leaked towards him as his lack of field experience and capability to read and write left him free for it; and of course (and worse of all) every single religious duty was his religious duty, as the regimental priests were far more of the warrior kind than proper orators and ritual workers.

It had been bloody exhausting, but pass the first month, as the burrows he and the soldiers dug started to be filled by the first migrant caravans, and the locals easily converted to the religion that saved them from the weasel menace, he knew it would all be worth. Still, he took a caravan back by the end of the second month, when enough trusted priests had arrived to run the place through them, he really couldn't get a good night's sleep without a hoard.

Show
    regent actions:
    full-round: annex Hex 19 and build a thorpe (weasel burrows) on it.
    pay upkeep.
    realm actions:
    upkeep as well as cost of the thorpe.
    pay upkeep.
    martial actions: move meditant wings (1)
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-09-10 at 09:07 PM.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Autumns leaves have fallen and the snows of winter have begun and so to has a new season

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

As the competitions wind down the only main competition that remains is the magic competition.

Even being completely non-magical the peasants are not willing to let easy money go so they entered anyways. It was a strange show, using a variety of tricks that can fool the observer into thinking they are magic. Rabbits were pulled from hats, cups pushed through tables and fires changed colors seemingly at random. The acts are interesting particularly in the complete lack of magic used but the people doing them lack any real stage presence. They didn't draw the audience in or transition well between the acts but it was clearly practiced. Overall they still couldn't place first when compared to an actual spell caster who has a well put together act but they are still more than happy with their second place prize.

With the competitions ending with the peasants finally winning first place in the art and crafting competition at the end. Crowds were gathered and speech is given congratulating the many winners. No awards are given out until they are spoken to privately but he does announce the prizes of the various factions. 1475rp goes to the Kingdom of Charming, 1350rp plus travel expenses goes to the Kingdom of Xanadu and 725 goes to various independents. He particularly focuses his speech on the prizes being worth over 177500 gold pieces and on the amount the independents managed to make. Most likely he hopes to encourage more skilled people to step forward in the future than the peasants who have been filling out the various competitions. The peasants go wild seeing so many of their people suddenly become so rich not seeming to get that all this money probably came from taxes.

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

2 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.
    Last edited by drack; 2020-09-11 at 07:32 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

With winter snows stating a shipment of 100 horses are sent out from xanadu to the elven kingdom to the north, while the kingdom is expanding
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-09-13 at 08:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler: Rkanu Autumn Fair
    Show

Description of the Tourney from a Kingdom of Charming eye view.

Spoiler: The Grand Melee
    Show

With Wooden Capped and Cloth swaddled spears, the pride and joy of the Small Rikkamper Hamlet strides out into the field, plate gleaming, rules having been gone over several times for how hard a hit they need to yeild too, and that there would be referee's from the city so one better be sure not to break the rules and bismirch Rikkamper's name.

They were met with knights like them, but bearing swaddled swords instead... But the men were bigger, not being the pride of a village, but elites of elites, rumoured to train for fighting dragons.

When the call to fight rang out, it showed that one was trained to a much higher degree, lightning fast spears skittered off shields and shoulder guards knocking down nary a few, while measured sword strokes passed around bucklers to land solid blows. Soon it was down to a defensive action around Rikkamper, his prized unit scattered but maintaining cohesion with what was left, before they called to yeild. Maybe a dozen knights at most had been traded for 4 score being declared out or having some sort of injury, before the healers got to healing. Hoping to recover some pride, Fortuna personally congratulated the Dragonslayers in training, glad he at least scattered the peasent levees.

Spoiler: Archery Contest
    Show

Here, Rikkamper struck personally, his crossbow firing two bullseyes as well as hitting the target's scoreboard on every round. His opponent, one of the knights with a mighty bow did similarly well, however Fortuna's bolts were further to the edge, leaving him to loose by 3 points.

With that, Fortuna offered a bow to the knight.
    "Congratulations! You've truly shown yourself to be worthy of your training."

Spoiler: Joust
    Show

With this, two knights squared off on their steeds. The tie breaking charge to commence.... Two knights in gleaming plate charged the other, practice lances set.
    Bam, with the cracking of wood Fortuna's chosen knight is sent to the sand below with the cheering of the crowd.

Spoiler: Melee Contest
    Show

This time, instead of two knights entering, this time it's a priest. But it's a very similar situation, as were it not for the religious heraldry and aura of light surrounding him the competition would look identical.

Striking first from the call of fight the knight charged in, dancing past Amon's spearpoint, causing Amon to dance back, continually circling and retreating as his swadded spear struck hard against the plate. At first Amon seemed to hold the lead, opening seconds searing the spear snake out and strike the knight repeatedly before Amon took a heavy blow to the head... One he did not bow out from, though his posture seemed more defensive. The knight, clearly an expert managed another heavy blow to Amon's side before he rallied, striking with but and point while the knight managed a few hits. At one point, the cleric even shone with light to the surprise of the crowd and a growl from a staggering Amon. Another strike sent him back, only for Amon to respond with a hit to the top of the knights visor, one that skidded from what would have been a eye strike but still sent the battered knight to the sand.

Seconds passed for the knight to try to rise while the crowd cheered, before Amon lifted his spear in victory, then tossed it aside to the ground and knelt beside the knight, hands glowing as healing magic sort to rouse the knight even before he tended to his own bruises.

Spoiler: Magic Show
    Show

Walking on stage, comes Amon Delman, resplendent in his preaching robes, emblazoned with the symbol of Chauntea and one of Fortuna's more freewheeling knights, already prepared for the event as an assistant, Gregory Avver.

"First I call apon Chauntea, to show us the rain that renews! Show us the rain that is bane to foes and friend to life!"
    With a crack of thunder, suddenly rain falls from the sky, soaking the stage and obscuring the priest as if through heavy rain, still visable and just shy of the knight, that reaches in, only to pull his hand back with a yell, while Amon begins glowing softly with a faint golden light.
    "AND NOW! LET IT DRY!"
    With that a pillar of light reaches into the sky, illuminating the patch of clouds that rained down on the stage, for them to cease, with Amon motioning Gregory over, who holds his hand as if burned despite his plate. Of which the gauntlet is now removed, showing acid burned skin.
    "Be healed son. And know that whatever your deeds, Chauntea watches. But she is always willing to let one start again. And to heal any pain away."
    With a quick prayer, Amon's hands glow with a bright golden light that coats Gregory's arm, leaving the wound completely healed, as if it never were.

"Now, people of [City name because I haven't asked], I ask of you, have you been keeping to your lives, and living to see the growth of all? Chauntea, can you speak for us, have they?!"
    Suddenly the earth tremors. One side of the crowd suddenly has the earth shake under them for a moment, some among them falling even as Amon shouts and jumps off the stage, still glowing vibrantly as he approaches, the earth still moving, shifting under the crowd somewhat.

"Oh please Great Mother! Goddes of the Field, free these people from fear and wrath!"
    With that the tremors stop, and the rich man suddenly feels a great relief... As well as adoration.
    "Thanks Great Mother! Now, I ask. Are any of you hurt? Did any of you feel pain from the Great Mother's displeasure? Are any of you ready to begin a better life?"
    And soaked with water, Amon waves his hand once more, and begins to lead people in prayer. Only for some to glow, faintly of silver, as aches and pains from days labour and fatigue from a day well spent active all wash away.

Spoiler: Spells:
    Show

Axiomatic Storm.
    Soul of Light.
    Sun Bolt and dismissing Axiomatic Storm.
    Cure Minor Wounds.
    Local Termor.
    Restoration and Vigor a few times.

OOC:
    Earned 50xp and 1475rp.

After spending an extended period partying and engaging in talks both diplomatic and of the Kingdom's future, Fortuna begins marching his way home laden with prizes.

Show

Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*. 5)=2320.3125
    Reagent Share: 40%, or 928.125
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 2*14.85 Unit Commanders, 250rp for Thorpe and Hamlet and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [848.4375]
    Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 255rp and 34.375gp
    Realm Share: 60% or 1,392.1875
    Realm Upkeep: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)
    Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 1690rp and 292.044gp

Reagent:
    Running Total: 297rp and 306.889gp
    Gain 1475 from the tourney winnings.
    Raise units (2 Guardsmen with level 2 commanders) 1,008.8
    Train for XP: 1600xp (running total)
    Pay 48 RP to move back to capital towards end of season.
    Bank 715rp and 302.044gp

Realm:
    Pay Upkeep: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)
    Upgrade Northreach to Village (1000rp)
    Bank: 690rp and 292.044gp

Next Turn Income:
    Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )=3867.1875
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 325rp for Thorpe and Hamlet and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [?]

Plans:
    Build thorpe in 'ocean' hex to be army build site. Add garrison and menagerie. Built lighthouse/army in clearing while scrapping garrison and moving troops. Upgrade clearing to village. Begin expasnion.
    Build Horses to saddle scouts, consider training/upgrading equipment at same time. Send traveling with Cleric to do scouting/annexing.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-09-17 at 09:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Winter had been comfy at the weasel's burrow, or so Jexabeth heard, the various gods were being revered properly out there, even by the local humans, if he was to believe the letters, he really hated being so far apart from the growing town, but he had other things to deal with...

The scouts had found prime ground, a swampy haven amidst the hills and mountains south of the Weasel's burrows, and a good omen as well, a gnarled tree grown with age that some of the newly ordained priests of the whispered one said bared resemblance to its hand (or a hand as Jexabeth confirmed but it was good enough); He named it thus Vecna's Lair, and the new settlers placed arond the holy symbol.

Weasel's burrow also struck some ores, though Jexabeth did little but send workers.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Regent:
    Build thorpe/annex: hex 28 "Vecna's Lair"
    Realm:
    build improvement: mine, hex 9 "Weasel's burrows"

pay upkeeps
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-09-17 at 09:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

2 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.
    Last edited by drack; 2020-09-18 at 11:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

There is a stir to the south, as a crusade grows larger and larger as the weeks go by. Thousands of armored bodies moving beath the earth as they prepare for something...great. Something that will be revealed once it is time. But for now, the Queen of the crusade calls upon her banner men to form there armies.

Show

Week Previous:
    Income: 4375
    Heavy Taxes total- 2318

Realm:
    Upgrade Kritens Crusade to Medium Camp- 300 RP

Regent:

Muster Troops- Steel-Scale Shield Knights X 5 (1785 RP) from Hollowood's Legacy

Military:
    Move Steel-Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)

Current Week
    Income: 5000
    Heavy Taxes Total- 2300

Realm:

Upgrade Calenot's 2nd Crusade to Medium Camp - 300 RP

Regent:

Muster Troops- Steel- Scale Shield Knights X5 (1785) from Hollowood's Legacy

Military:

Move Steel Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

A sleepy turn.
    Show
    Income: Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )=3867.1875
    Reagent Share: 47%, or 1,817.578125
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 325rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [1185.6375]
    Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 1,346rp and 336.419gp
    Realm Share: 53% or 2,049.609375
    Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 2,740rp and 122.512gp

Reagent:
    Full: Annex and Thorpe in Hex 22 'Tradepath Village'
    XP: 1700xp (running total)
    Pay 48 RP to move scouts to hex 22.
    Bank 715rp and 302.044gp

Realm:
    Upgrade 'Rikkampers Clearing' to Hamlet: 500
    Bank: 2,240rp and 122.512gp

Next Turn Income:
    Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )=4640.625
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [1235.6375]
    Realm Upkeep: 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (22.5)

Plans:
    Expand for building a road to Hamste.
    Build thorpe in 'ocean' hex to be army build site. Add garrison and menagerie. Built lighthouse/army in clearing while scrapping garrison and moving troops. Upgrade clearing to village. Begin expasnion.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-09-25 at 01:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflick View Post
    Move Steel-Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)
    Move Steel Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)
    [/SPOILER]
    just curious if you really ment 69 vs 59 ?

Summer has come to Xanadu
    Royal messengers have been dispatched with haste to some of the smaller kingdoms
    Many Knights have departed on a great crusade
    Towards the end of summer Regent Xandri has learned a great a terrible truth - they do exist!
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-09-29 at 10:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

3 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Lately Rkanu has been buying up thousands upon thousands of books. The topics range massively and they seem to be buying every book they can get their hands on from the most common romance novel to extremely rare strategic guides. The many books all disappear into their fortress not to be seen by most ever again. Wood is diverted to being pulped so that copies of books people refuse to sell but will lend can be made and a small library is opened up in Rkanu as duplicates are either accidentally bought or included in trade deals. Those who the books are bought from report four extremely elderly humans watching over everything. The price of books slowly rises over the weeks as the buying does not stop. Massive amounts of high quality wood, marble and artisians are brought into the fortress. High quality pieces of furniture are bought up and tapestries are made.

As the buying slowly dies down and book prices start returning to normal, town criers start spreading out again.

"The Grand Library of Rkana has been completed. It is not open to the public but we have hired four great sages to handle any questions people might have in exchange for a fee depending on the difficulty of the question. If the question can't be answered your money will be returned minus any thing used for spells.

We are also offering a bounty for books from the Royal Library in the cursed castle. We hope it can assist with our ability to counter the sleeping spell cast on our king as well as fill in any blanks missing in our knowledge."

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: 2 years, 3 seasons
    Show
    Spoiler: fluff to be added
    Show
    Tulaxcada's serfs grew isolated, or rather cared more about its own affairs (it, as the entity could no longer be seen as nothing but a by product of it's head of state Jexabeth) as the new settlements grew with the support of the main lair, the small army of sacred warriors patrolled the nearby lands living of the land.

actions, build improvements:
    Smelter for Weasel's burrow.
    Fish market for Vecna's Lair.
    bank income.

Spoiler: 3 years
    Show
    Vecna's lair was poisonous, as in literally, vipers flooding the already vile swamp, the locals knew their swamps well and eagerly traded knowledge with the new arrivals for a price, soon enough the local people, wise to their swamp as the new settlers were to Tulaxcada's had won a strong place within the town, handling the poisonous vermin and converting, if only to evade any undue attention by the priests, interested in their long term usefulness Jexabeth sponsored them, tying them further to the church. At the same time they improved the main chapel, expanding barracks for the priesthood and adding a shrine for the whispered one, as the new addition to the pantheon was clearly pulling his weight and deserved proper recognition.

Actions:

Build gangThieves guild (Vecna's lair, Hex 28).
    build fishing fleet, Vecna's lair.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-10-08 at 11:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

as summer draws to a close the Xanadu kingdom has discovered they do exist.
    fall season sees trade relations improve

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

3 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.
    Last edited by drack; 2020-10-06 at 05:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After a peaceful border incident and the tapping of a previously unknown wealth of resources Jexabeth and the church's leadership decided the time for isolation ended when they spread from Tulaxcada's lair and in an effort to join the nearby community and keep the connections already forged with exchange of coin, labour and divine law.

Show
    pay upkeep, bank surplus.
    Realm:
    build set of roads connecting all settlements and on hex 20 towards the rest of the road network.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

3 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

With the last breath of falls winds the snows of winter have come early and with them have come a great hero to join the Xanadu empire

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler: Previous seasons, only because posted in OOC before new season.
    Show
    Spoiler: Year 3 Summer
    Show

Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+1*(250*4*1.1*.25 )=4,915.625
    Control Upkeep: 3 settlements, 7% (Next increase at 4), Remaining =4,582.53125
    Reagent Share: 30%, or 1,294.734375+76.725
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1273.1375]
    Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 813rp and 352.512gp
    Realm Share: 70% or 3,021.046875+179.025
    Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 5,417rp and 151.106gp

Reagent:
    Reviece 200rp from Hamste.
    Trade action: 300rp
    Backpay for Garrison/Upgrading Garrisoned population center: 125 for upgrading, 125rp for 3 missed upkeeps + this turn. (250rp)
    Backpay for % of realm income lost. 361rp and 37.180gp total. (Worked out by excell)

Bank 108rp and 315.332gp.
    XP: 1800xp (running total)

Realm:
    Backpay for % of realm income lost. 410rp and 33.133gp
    4,828+179.025rp and 116.723gp
    Full round actions, build roads in every hex of my realm. Total is 2300rp.
    Bank: 2,707rp and 117.973gp

Next Turn Income:
    Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste income.
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1273.1375]

Spoiler: Year 3 Fall
    Show

Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste income. (2197.26) for Total: 7,112.885
    Control Upkeep: 3 settlements, 7% (Next increase at 4), Remaining =6,899.49845
    Reagent Share: 47%, or 3,242.7642715
    Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 2,077rp and 346.671gp
    Realm Share: 53% or 3,996.895497430233
    Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 6,681rp and 162.752gp

Reagent:
    Pay 200rp to Hamste.
    Trade action (Samduke): 300rp
    Raise 2 Guardsman units and their commanders, units costing 1,008.8

Bank 568rp and 366.671gp
    XP: 1900xp (running total)

Realm:
    Build Menagerie in Rikkamper's Clearing (900rp, 225rp upkeep)
    Build Level 3 Chapel in Northreach (4500rp)
    Bank: 1,281rp and 162.752gp

Next Turn Income:
    Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste and Samduke income.
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*6 for Guardsmen, 6*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1,525.3375]
    Realm Upkeep: 225 for 3 CR Menagerie. 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (247.5)

Spoiler: Year 3 Winter
    Show

Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste (2197.26) and Samduke (1,237) income, =8,349.885
    Control Upkeep: 3 settlements, 7% (Next increase at 4), Remaining =7,765.39305
    Reagent Share: 52% (Windfall), or 4,038.004386
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*6 for Guardsmen, 6*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1,525.3375]
    Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 3,080rp and 390.0153gp
    Realm Share: 62% or 4,814.543691
    Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 9,073rp and 164.937gp

Reagent:
    Build a unit, including begining to breed a Magebred Warbeast Horse mount unit (Doesn't appear until next season) and 3 units of guards with leaders. [1,508.76+Mount unit cost.]
    Pay 96rp for moving units.
    Create Formation: Company of 9 Guardsmen. (225)
    Bank: 1,150.24-unit build costs rp and 390.0153gp
    XP: 2000xp (running total)

Realm:
    Upgrade Chapel and build Arcane Tower (3000)
    Bank: 6,073rp and 164.937gp

Next Turn Income:
    Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste and Samduke income.
    Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1,525.3375]
    Realm Upkeep: 225 for 3 CR Menagerie. 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (247.5)
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-10-13 at 08:22 AM.