New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Lords of Sleeping Beauty IC

As the Fall settles, the cool breath of winter flows through the caverns. Small cave pools turning to ice as the temperature drops lower and lower. TO most this would be unpleasant...but the the Artic Kobold Quintessa, it was a breath of fresh air, her scales rustling from the feeling. Much progress had been made recently. The start of a second camp has risen the spirits of the Knights, there numbers growing larger and larger by the day as they collect more members to there crusade. Quintessa looks up, toward the lands above...she has a future to create.

"This is a Missive from the Knights of the Small Scale, led by Crusader Queen Quintessa. We are a new power within this realm but do not think that we do not care for the well being of the Peoples who live here. We have read the missive from Rikkamper, and can confirm the curses effect. We had recently lost a brave and noble Knight who had ventured too closely to the thorns. There is much to discuss on the matter of the future, of finding the princess and waking her from this nightmare. The Knights of the Small scale will pledge every effort in restoring the old kingdom. Thus, We wish for a Summit. I Will be traveling to the realm of Voldifnorm this season in order to discuss these matters further. I hope that more people may arrive."

Spoiler: Taxes!
    Show

Income: 2,500
    Governing Upkeep- 100
    Total: 2,400

Taxes: 53%

Reagent Fund: 1,217

Realm Fund: 1183

Realm Action:
    Build Small Camp (100 RP)- Hex 67

Regent Action:
    Recruit- Kobold Crossbow Knight X4. 2 in Kritin's Crusade, 2 in Hollowood's Legacy(636 RP)
    Trade Mission to Voldiform!

Military Actions:

Moving the Crossbow Knights from Hollowood's to Squares 66 and 65 (92 RP From Realm Fund)

Moving both units of Knights from Kritin's Crusade to hex 64 (92 RP from Realm Fund

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quietly, small loans move between the Kingdoms of Charming and Beast, funds moving between the two kingdoms as they find their footing.
    Somewhat literally, as like nomads, the men of Charming leave the forests for the fields, Caravans full of wood and supplies becoming wood caravans as all through the winter people look to make a more suitable home, despite the signs of blight last season.

Of course, while the Fey are glad to be rid of the humans on their doorstep, they are just as happy to send Aelthanon, The Bear Placator. Or Mouse Slayer, if you want to be eaten by bears. Aelthanon is an Elven adventurer entering is second century of life and looking to enjoy a vacation, 'running' a human village. By which, Fortuna Rikkamper is quick to clarify is the (currently) defenses, farming and animal management because he's not going to exactly say no to a bear befriending druid who's decided he wants some humans to watch over for a bit.
    Meanwhile, scouts travel further north into the plains, marking out land for future expansion.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

-Don't pay Thorpe Upkeep, making it disapear.
    -Reagent Full Round to recreate Thorpe in now owned plains hex for free.
    -Pay units to move/upkeep for mercenaries from reagent, before banking everything, costing 52rp.
    -Repay and Loan to Errebus costing 110rp.
    -Realm builds Crop Rotation in Hex 11.
    -Bank money, ending with 52rp for Reagent and 88rp and 37.5gp for Realm.

Aelthanon is my local hero, sheet to still be made. Been busy. Sorry.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-07-30 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...and thus he sent his envoys to the nearby communities, those whose collective memory might remember Tulaxcada the almighty lifebearer, and who definitely saw the rest as they flew over the skies they were sole rulers of.

And pilgrims came of many races, though the majority were kobolds already accostumed to swamp life, new huts and buildings were fashioned following the trees or with bricks towards the stable ground until and soon the new inmigrants adapted to the system of tithes administered by the priests and then they were Tulaxcada's serfs as well.

As far as the summons from other nations came Jexabeth ignored them for now, the lands outside this valley were were Tulaxcada dwelt now, and he would hardly become a burden for their master by reaching her sooner than she wanted.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    paying upkeep and turning my thorpe into a village.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

As the days start to grow longer and winters snows start to melt spring is not far off.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

0 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

A letter to All of the other Lords & Ladies of the Realm with known locations.

My Lords and Ladies, the Xanadu Empire wishes to announce the arrival of good stock horses well suited for many things these animals are trained and available for purchase the first week of Spring If you are interested we will be selling these in lots of 100, order yours soon as supplies are likely to run low fast. cordially send messenger and 200 RP and your horses will be delivered no later than the second week of spring or one to two weeks later if ordered later than the first week.
    Sincerely Lady Xandri
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-07-26 at 12:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lord Vorhov rubs at his eyes, long days of overseeing the expansion of his holdings after months of negotiation and planning. Still it was worth it, it had to be worth the long hours, the trials and tribulation. He could only hope soon he could move onto a war footing and push back against the curse that had befallen their once great kingdom.

Spoiler
    Show
    Upgrading Thorpe at 1 to a Hamlet
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Wheel of time moves everforeward, and the Koolds of the Small scale continue to grow stronger. numbers growing by the day, soon enough for yet another crusade to be started. The Comander Calenlot has gone ahead to create his own crusade on Quntessa's orders whilst she continues to negotiate with the Dwarves to foster a trade deal. In order to make this world better, the Kobolds would need allies. That, and seeking the aid of eahcother as opposed to siding with dragons seemed much more preferable.

Spoiler
    Show

Income: 3,750 RP
    Realm Upkeep: 150
    Total: 3600

Heavy Taxes: (1d20+39)[56]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

The Kingdom of Charming

With the peace of winter allowing everyone to rebuild their lives, albeit in the cold while everything is finally set up, nobles and farmers make plans for works and food is distributed, as well as orders for the formation of the local militia. Eventually, a name is even settled on. Rikkamper's Clearing... A name Fortuna takes a great deal of joy laughing at the various puns bards are liable to make up later.

Show

Reagent:
    Pay Upkeep (100rp for thorpe.)
    Pay Mercenaries 4rp.
    Annex hex 5. (One scouts are currently in. I annexed 11 a while ago and I have a settlement there as of last turn, so my borders need updating.)
    Bank remaining funds, being 281rp and 40.875gp for Reagent

Realm:
    Build Improvement: Armory (20rp. Increases upkeep by 5rp.)
    Bank Income: 310rp and 54.687gp for Realm.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

As the days grow longer and the spring rains have come and gone with the start of summer.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It would be another long season for Alexai, the young lord settling his debts first of all but alas the price of honour was being unable to do anything else all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Maps (in need of an update)
    Spoiler
    Show

1 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

A trade agreement between the elven nation and xanadu is negotiated and a hundred good stock horses are delivered to the elven allies in trade for their armor

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

With a new season rolling around, and a New road being built between the Knights of the small scale and the Dwarves are built much just be done. The Kobolds start sending goods up there road, and using the profits from the trade start to improve there own camps.

Spoiler: Using the Rolls from Last season I didnt use
    Show

Regent Actions:

Trade with Dwarves: 300 RP

Muster Troops: Elite Crossbow Knights X 3 1257 RP at Hollowoods Legacy

Realm Action:

Upgrade Hollowoods Legacy to Medium Camp 300 RP

Military Actions:
    Move Elite Crossbow Knights from Hollowoods Legacy to 65 for 144 RP

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler
    Show

Income: 618.75rp (250*6*.25*1.5*1.1)
    Reagent Share: *.52=321.75rp
    Realm Share: *.48=297

Reagent Actions:
    Unbank 281rp and 40.875gp
    Pay Upkeep (105 for settlements, 4 for mercs.) [498rp and 78.375gp remaining.]
    Give 143 to Realm [355rp and 78.375gp remaining.]
    Bank remaining funds.

Realm Actions
    Unbank 310rp and 54.687 and receive 143 from Reagent
    Buy Irrigation on my Thorpe (750)[0rp and 54.687gp remaining]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jexabeth's had grown lazy during winter, as kobolds not of the working class were wont to do. As the spring moved along and with it an increase in activity he was very surprised to find his hoard swelling faster than usual, and the population employing with new and wild fishing methods (who had ever heard of nets anyway?) and fancy rafts to navigate the most watery parts of their domain, Alar the crafter would be proud, Jexabeth certainly was.

Show
    Two turns worth of Tulaxcada’s Lair production used to upgrade the fish market to a fishing fleet.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Summer has gone and fall has started, Xanadu renews its trade agreement with is ally the elven nation.

Seasonal event (1d100)[22] *Nothing of Note
    Taxes Light auto roll a 1 for 20%
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-08-07 at 06:24 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

1 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.[/QUOTE]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The season was beyond Boring, which is to say very successful which the hoard swelling happily and a healthy communication being kept with their religious kinsman.

But Jexabeth wasn't satisfied which such steady earnings and decides to engage in the practice of loaning.

Spoiler: to the other realms
    Show
    Fair rulers if any of you have a surplus, and a wish to strengthen relations between our people I 'll ask of you [150 RP] to be returned as soon as possible.

Show
    upkeep paid and the rest kept on hold.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-08-13 at 09:07 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The last of the fall leaves have dropped and winters snows are in full force.

Season event (1d100)[14] - Embezzlement : The regent’s surplus is reduced by 2d10 percent.
    taxes light take the minimum roll of 1 + 19 = 20%
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-08-14 at 07:00 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

1 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Winter's chill brought Rikkamper's Clearing last year. This time the cheers are for Northreach, where farmers farm along the thorn hedge for security, and the house Rikkamper begins reasserting itself despite it's lean start.

Spoiler: Previous Seasion's Actions
    Show

Sorry
    Income: 250*1.25*1.5*6*1.1/4=773.4375
    Reagent Share: 386 and 35.937gp
    Realm Share: 386 and 35.937gp

Reagent: Send 150 away as loan. [1 Action was saved for emergency troop rallying.] Pay 109rp in upkeep. Bank RP [482rp and 114.3125gp]
    Realm: Bank RP [386rp and 90.624gp.]

Spoiler: Current Season's Actions
    Show

Income: 250*1.25*1.5*6*1.1/4=773.4375
    Reagent Share: 409 and 46.093gp
    Realm Share: 363 and 25.781gp

Reagent:
    -Recieve 150rp as repayment of Loan.
    -Pay 134 Upkeep. [Local Hero costs 25 starting from this season] [Funds after this is 907rp and 160.405gp... Almost regained a RP in savings!]
    -Donate 1rp to Realm.
    -Pay 48rp so scouts can move for a week.
    -Spend 1 Action Training, gaining 100xp. (700xp at end of season.)
    -Retain 1 actions for raising troops if necessary later in the season.
    -Bank 858rp and 160.405gp.

Realm:
    -Recieve 1 RP from Reagent
    [Starting Funds note: 749rp and 116.405gp]
    -Build a Thorpe in Hex 5 as a full round action, costing 750rp. Current Name is Northreach.
    -Bank 116.405gp.

Martial:
    Move scouts through Hex 10 into Hex 20, where they'll wait.

Note:
    Next turn income will be 250*6*1.1*.25 + 250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25 or 1,289.0625rp... Remember to update realmsheet sometime this week.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-08-17 at 02:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thanks to the kind loan, Tulaxcada's lair was able to grow both in relative wealth and infrastructure as in population, as more and more independent families joined the community for its benefits and tithed the clergy as was proper.

Spoiler: previous season
    Show
    Pay upkeep, upgrade Tulaxcada's lair to village, receive loan of 150 RP from 5colouredwalker.

Quickly Jexabeth dispatched workers enough to repay his debt, barely denting the new manpower that proudly called themselves Tulaxcada's serfs, folk, and flock he had heard more often. With such a force assembled he set to building a grandeous (comparatively) center of worship, not enough for Tulaxcada but a start. The fish market was also expanded, though he had nothing to do with it.

Spoiler: current season
    Show
    upkeep paid

150 RP sent to repay 5colouredwalker's loan

Chapel and market built in Tulaxcada's lair.

Pitiful leftovers banked.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

the last of winters snows have melted and the spring rains have begun.

Spring Random Seasonal Event (1d100)[48] nothing of note

Taxes Light auto roll 1 for 20%
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-08-21 at 07:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

1 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

With effort comes growth. Northreach is quickly established as Rikkamper's clearing becomes a training and martially area, it's first troops being trained as Fortuna makes sure his fledgeling kingdom has the best defenses he can raise.

Spoiler
    Show

Income: 1,289.0625rp
    Reagent Share: 34% or 438 rp and 14.062gp
    Realm Share: 850rp and 39.062gp

Reagent Actions
    Give 150rp to Realm [1,146rp and 174.467gp remaining.]
    Pay 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory, 4 for Mercenaries and 50 for Local Heroes [259 total, 887rp remaining.]
    2 Action to Train (1000xp total)
    Bank 887 RP and 174.467gp minus troop raising cost.

^
    Next turn 1 Action to Raise Troops (Rikkamper's Personal Gaurd. Cost is 695rp) and pay for Horses (250 to Samduke)

Realm Actions:
    Recieve 150rp from Reagent
    Garrison Thorpe Rikkamper's Clearing (250rp)
    Build Irridation in Thorpe Northreach (750rp)
    Bank RP (155.467gp)

^Plan for following turns. Build Watchtower and Crop Rotation in Northreach. Then Upgrade. Then build Menagerie and Permanent Fortifications..

Next Turn Income:
    (250*6*1.1*.25*1.5) + (250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
    Disband mercs (Roll them into his personal guard.)
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-08-27 at 01:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tulaxcada's lair's growth and the rising of a temple more befit (if never worthy, too small were mortal things) their gods had brought greater wealth and fervor upon the inhabitants, but also more responsibilities.

Gone were the weeks spent lounging on his hoard, the priests more than ever needed guidance for attending such a large flock, and those that didn't want such guidance often needed policing.

With more work, and more hands working mistakes piled up, until Jexabeth found a project just out of their reach... again.

Spoiler: to the other realms
    Show
    To the most seemed rulers and regents of the nearby land, I ask of you a small show of generosity, a measly [200 RP] which we servants of the winged ones will repay in kind.

An emissary from the kingdom of beasts (he was told this wasn't an insulting name) soon arrived, and after much discussion it was agreed, "the whispered one" they worshipped was to be integrated into the pantheon if with baby steps. When the work was done a shrine was built to this new God and a scholar of the whispered one's serfs (he was not sure how they called themselves, and they were pretty hushed about it) helped them work out kinks of holy days and doctrine.

No disaster had occured as furnaces were made and training spaces wrestled from the marsh, this was taken as a sign that Tulaxcada and the other dragons saw the new God as their peer. Jexabeth breathed a sigh of relief.

Show
    garrisoning Tulaxcada's lair, paying upkeep and saving a pitiful penny to the bank.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-08-27 at 07:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

with the advent of springs new births a good stock of horses are shipped to a nearby kingdom, as summer begins.

Random Season (1d100)[6] Brush Fires: Each plains or forest province has a 50 percent chance of being partially burned, resulting in a 25 percent loss of production (roll for each plains or forest hex in the realm).
    taxes heavy take roll of 20 for 59%
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-08-28 at 07:19 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

2 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

In Rikkamper's clearing, men gather, standing ready to defend the realm... And Fortuna.

Show

Income: (250*6*1.1*.25*1.5) + (250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
    Reagent: 52% or 723 and 46.875gp, plus bank gives a starting total of 1610 RP and 220.954.
    Realm: 48% or 668rp and 12.5gp, plus bank gives a starting total of 668rp and 167.967gp

Reagent:
    Pay 250rp to Samduke/??? for Horses.
    Recieve 1550 from Hamste/Rkanu for a local hero (Trade handled in discord.). 200rp is provided to local hero for travel and other.
    Running Total: 2,710 RP and 220.954.
    Free: Level up to level 2
    Pay 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory and 25 for Local Hero [230 total, 2,480rp remaining.]
    Raise Troops: Fortuna's Personal Gaurd (1166.25), 2 Regular Guardsmen, costing 2,056rp and 12.5gp as a Standard Action.
    Train (100xp) as a standard action (1200xp)
    Bank Income: 424rp and 208.454gp

Realm:
    Build Watchtower and Crop Rotation in Northreach, costing 425rp and taking 2 standard actions.
    Bank 243 and 167.967gp

Next Turn Income:
    Income: 2*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
    Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory and 25 for Local Hero, 10 for Lighthouse

Plans:
    Build Menagerie and Lighthouse in Clearing. Then Upgrade Northreach.
    Build Horses to saddle scouts, consider training/upgrading equipment at same time. Send traveling with Cleric to do scouting/annexing.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2020-09-03 at 03:25 AM.