New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default ARTICLE: Character roles in Pathfinder

In November 2019, I have written this article about possible character roles of Pathfinder characters. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.5kprwmp16o9y

In this article, I talk about the possible combat and non-combat occupations that your character might assume and those that you probably shouldn't even consider unless you really know what you are doing.

It's intended for more or less novice optimizers who don't have a Ph.D. in Mathfinder yet, and I am more than willing to hear any feedback you have. You can comment directly in the document using the Comments feature, or you can write forum replies here -- I'll read it all.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: ARTICLE: Character roles in Pathfinder

Something not mentioned in the doc - mobility can be quite important. For melee characters getting pounce or similar is a significant goal, and being able to provide flight or other mobility types is one of the functions of a utility spellcaster.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: ARTICLE: Character roles in Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Alexvrahr View Post
    mobility can be quite important.
    You are right. I have made a separate paragraph in the end. In this paragraph, I say that there are some things like mobility and protection that every character needs to take care of. Are there any other similar things you'd personally like to add?