New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lets propose some out-of-genre crossovers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    From a casual comment in another chat, I now want to see an Avengers/Game of Thrones story where Tony Stark is swapped into Westeros. It'd be like an ill tempered, alcoholic Connecticut Yankee in King Baratheon's Court.
    Oh, I think you could do something like Marvel 1602 - which transposed Marvel characters into Elizabethan England - with the Westeros setting fairly easily.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Lord Beerus the Destroyer lands upon the Earth to judge if it's hospitality, food quality, and so on are up to his standards.

Unfortunately, he lands in South Park, Colorado.

"Hmm... these sopaipillas are delicious... But not delicious enough to make up for that hateful, arrogant fat kid."

*Earth goes splodey*
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    From a casual comment in another chat, I now want to see an Avengers/Game of Thrones story where Tony Stark is swapped into Westeros. It'd be like an ill tempered, alcoholic Connecticut Yankee in King Baratheon's Court.
    Didn’t someone already write that? I could have sworn I saw an article for it on Tv Tropes at one point. Give me sec. *digs*

And, found it! Fair warning: I have not read this myself and cannot verify its quality or if it meets your specifications.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Oh, I think you could do something like Marvel 1602 - which transposed Marvel characters into Elizabethan England - with the Westeros setting fairly easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Didn’t someone already write that? I could have sworn I saw an article for it on Tv Tropes at one point. Give me sec. *digs*

And, found it! Fair warning: I have not read this myself and cannot verify its quality or if it meets your specifications.

Not really what I was looking for, no. Those would be good 'what if Tony Stark was a GoT character' stories, but i was thinking more the sort of 'Tony Stark from the Marvel Universe dimension-swapped into Westeros' sort of crossover.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Lord Beerus the Destroyer lands upon the Earth to judge if it's hospitality, food quality, and so on are up to his standards.

Unfortunately, he lands in South Park, Colorado.

"Hmm... these sopaipillas are delicious... But not delicious enough to make up for that hateful, arrogant fat kid."

*Earth goes splodey*
    Not if Chef can help it. This crossover also poses a question of who has better regenerative powers: Boo or Kenny?
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Not if Chef can help it. This crossover also poses a question of who has better regenerative powers: Boo or Kenny?
    Kenny doesn't regenerate, he respawns.

Either his mother gives birth to a new him, or he just poofs into existence in his bed the next morning.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Kenny doesn't regenerate, he respawns.

Either his mother gives birth to a new him, or he just poofs into existence in his bed the next morning.
    I was struggling to find the right word, since regrowing from ashes and smoke is hardly regeneration either.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I was struggling to find the right word, since regrowing from ashes and smoke is hardly regeneration either.
    While Buu does have regenerative abilities, his most impressive feats of recovery are the result of reconstitution.

Essentially, every molecule of his body contains the full entirety of his being and when liquified or vaporized he can just pull his remaining molecules back together and then regrow whatever's missing.

This is why Kid Buu had to be hit with an attack big enough to not only overcome his defenses but also completely reduce every part of his body down to atoms.

For the record, the most impressive regenerator in Dragon Ball is Future Zamasu, who after using the Super Dragon Balls to gain immortality just shrugged off anything that hit him and instantly recovered from all damage: In the Anime version of his arc, his healing factor turned cancerous after he fused with his mortal alternate self but after his body was destroyed he regenerated into a spiritual form that took over and assimilated the rest of the Multiverse. That whole timeline had to be erased.

In the Manga version of his arc, his fusion ran out but then he and his other half regenerated back into their fused form and he was able to recover from having mos of his body and soul erased from existence by an incomplete Hakai.

If we're avoiding people with true immortality, than it would be Android 21 from fighterz, who has Perfect Cell's regenerative abilities combined with those of Buu, plus Majin Buu's ability to constitute his molecules.

Depending on which route you play, Android 21 was destroyed by a combination of the signature attacks of all the playable characters, a combination of Goku and Cell's Kamehamehas had Frieza Death Beam, or her own expelled Good Half sacrificing herself to drive her head first into a Super Spirit Bomb.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

How about this: Anton Chigurh and Two-Face (The Dark Knight version) are hitch-hiking together through the country on their way to a hippie festival (neither of them would be of much use behind a wheel, because Chigurh became insecure about his driving skills after an accident, while Dent suffered a traumatic brain injury when someone blew up a warehouse on him and forgot how to drive). The trip is taking forever, because they lose copious amount of time debating whether the whole deal with flipping coins is Lawful Weird or Chaotic Fair and, more importantly, because they keep killing the drivers that pick them up (as well as much everyone they meet, including the representatives of the local authorities who seem to mind that kind of behaviour for some reason).
    Meanwhile, unbeknownst to them, they are being chased by a duo of historical reenactors with strange accents who call themselves „Sherrif” Chris Mannix and „Major” Marquis Warren. The two always lag a few steps behind Chigurh and Dent, mostly due to the fact that they insist on moving around in a horse-drawn carriage (complete with three dead bodies strapped to the top of it) driven by the homeless guy from The Fisher King who believes that either Chigurh or Dent has the Holy Grail.
    The female lead is Lucy from Breaking Bad. She spends most of her time serving breakfast to increasingly weird folks and travelling salesmen in a small roadside restaurant. Also, she actually does have the Holy Grail.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2020-09-05 at 07:45 AM.