New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Creating a war torn map using ghosts of saltmarsh (think peloponnesian war)

So I could use more info about the Azure see and surrounding areas, main focus would be the sea and its surrounding areas. 2 major nations engaged in a bloody war and the pcs are right there in the thick of it. If you played Assassins Creed Odyssey that is kind of what im going for except with Magic and dnd stuff. Most important is i need 2 nations that are primarily based in the Azure sea and a good reason for them to want to tear each others throats out.
    Thank you Ceika for the custom avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Creating a war torn map using ghosts of saltmarsh (think peloponnesian war)

I'm more familiar with ancient greek than greyhawk. What I've been able to find puts a lot of trade princes on the eastern coast of the Azure sea, which you could flavor as each prince controlling the equivalent to a greek polis. There's also the peninsula on the east side that appears to have one nation controlling the tip an another at the peninsula's base; you could make the former a land power and the latter a sea power to match the areas Athens and Sparta each held the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravix View Post
    Most important is ... a good reason for them to want to tear each others throats out.
    Well then it wouldn't really be based on the Peloponnesian war, now would it?

You could set it up that each one is afraid the other gaining supremacy and conquering them. Likely with a small coastal city that is an ago old rival of the land power but attempted to ally itself with the sea power (based on Argos).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Creating a war torn map using ghosts of saltmarsh (think peloponnesian war)

The ruins of a former capital city are all that remains of the empire that dissolved after the last emperor went east on a campaign of conquest and never returned. When governors realized the young emperor was never returning civil war broke out, each city-state declaring itself autonomous or attempting to become the new capitol.

Now a new prophecy seems to predict that one of the cities will gain supremacy. (It really predicts a regional plague.)