New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Bartmanhomer's Writing Thread

In this thread I'm going to post all of my fan-fiction stories written by me. The first fan-fiction story going to be Dungeons & Dragons: Dragon Poker.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bartmanhomer's Writing Thread

Hm. So is about playing cards with a dragon, or poking a dragon?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Hm. So is about playing cards with a dragon, or poking a dragon?
    It's about six dragon deities playing Dragon Hold'em Poker. (A variation of Texas Hold'em Poker)

Dungeons & Dragons: Dragon Poker

Chapter 1

In the magical plane of the Outlands in Io's Castle home of the Dragon Deity, Io King of All Dragonkind invited his 6 offsprings, Bahamut, Tamara, Hlal, Tiamat, Faluzure and Garyx to play a family game of Dragon Hold'em Poker. Io described himself as a colossal prismatic dragon. Bahamut described himself as a colossal platinum dragon, Tamara described herself as a colossal platinum dragon. Hall described herself as a colossal brass dragon. Tiamat described herself as a colossal five-headed chromatic dragon in which each of her heads represents five different colors of white, black, blue, green, and red. Faluzure represents a colossal skeleton black dragon and Garyx described himself as a colossal red dragon.

"Tamara, Hlal. How are you doing these days?" asked Bahamut as he hugs his sisters?

"I'm doing well," said Tamara.

"Same here Arborea is turning out great. Hey, I heard dad invited our three bad siblings, Tiamat, Faluzure, and Garyx."

"Oh what? Seriously. Why did he even invite them in the first place? They're not going to play fair." said Bahamut in disgust.

"Well they promised to play fair and have fun to put aside our differences but I'm not buying it for a second. They're up to something," said Hlal.

"Yes, I agree. We should all be cautious. I can't stand cheaters." said Tamara. Tiamat, Faluzure, Garyx approaches to Bahamut, Tamara, and Hlal.

"Bahamut, Tamara, and Hlal. How're my favorite siblings doing?" asked Tiamat in a pleasant voice?

"Cut the bull Tiamat. We all know what you, Faluzure, and Garyx are up to. I don't know how you three convinced our father to play Dragon Hold'em Poker with but you're not fooling everybody.

"Bahamut we changed our evil ways and we want to spend some family quality time with you guys," said Faluzure.

"You have a right not to trust us but we're being truthful to you we have changed," said Garyx.

"Kids, I'm setting up the game right now everybody comes in the living room. said Io as the six dragon offspring cone in the living room. Everybody went to the living room.

"Free feel to sit anywhere you want," said Io. Bahamut sits down then, Tamara sits next to Bahamut, Hlal sits next to Tamara. Tiamat sits next to Hlal, Faluzure sits next to Tiamat and Garyx sits next to Faluzure.

"Ok everybody knows the rules of Dragon Hold'em Poker. Everybody gets 10,000 gold pieces of chips. You bet as many chips as you want. You can raise and call as well. If anyone has no chips at all you're eliminated and out of the game. There will be five cards on the table. When you called I flip three cards. You have the option to fold anytime you want. The process goes as you bet raise and called when the fifth card is revealed that's the river. Everybody who still in this game has to reveal their hand. Also, another thing that I need to mention. If I found out that anyone in this game is cheating then you'll be throw out in the game. That means you Tiamat, Faluzure, and Garyx. So that covers the rules. Let the Dragon Poker begin now." said Io as he deals two cards to his six children.

TO BE CONTINUED
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-08-12 at 11:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

biggrin Re: Bartmanhomer's Writing Thread

I find the whole concept highly entertaining
    Get your physics out of my D&D!

Proudly Chaotic

Optimism is delusion pessimism will save the world

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by el minster View Post
    I find the whole concept highly entertaining
    Thanks, bestie. I'm glad that you like it.

Chapter 2

This was the very first round of Dragon Poker.

"Ok Bahamut goes first, then Tamara, Hlal, Tiamat, Faluzure and Garyx," said Io. Bahamut checks his hand. It's was the 10 of Clubs and 8 of Diamonds.

"Ok, I'll bet 150 Gold Pieces just to be safe," said Bahamut as he bet 150 gold pieces to the pot. Now it was Tamara and she checks her hand and it was 8 of Clubs and 5 of Diamonds.

"I also bet 150 Gold Pieces," said Tamara as she adds an additional 150 Gold Pieces to the pot. Hall checks her hand it was King of Spades and 6 of Spades.

"I can work with his hand. I also add 150 Gold Pieces to the pot," said Hlal as she adds another 150 Gold Pieces to the pot. Tiamat checks her hand and it was the Queen of Hearts and 9 of Hearts.

"I'll add 150 Gold Pieces as well," said Tiamat as she also adds 150 gold pieces as well. Faluzure checks his hand and it was the Queen of Diamonds and the 10 of Hearts. However, Faluzure alters to change the cards magically turning the Queen of Diamonds into the Ace of Diamonds and the 10 of Hearts into the Ace of Hearts

"Ok I'm going to bet 300 Gold Pieces," said Faluzure as he adds 300 Gold Pieces to the pot. Gary's checks his hand and it was the 10 of Spades and 2 of Diamond.

"I'll call to see what the cards revealed. 300 Gold Pieces," said Garyx as he adds 300 Gold Pieces. Io reveals the three cards the Jack of Hearts, 2 of Spades, and Ace of Spades.

"Ok it's Tamara turn," said Io.

"I fold," said Tamara as she folds her hand.

"Me too, I fold," said Hlal as she fold her hand.

"Too rich for me Draconic blood," said Tiamat as she folds her hand.

"I'm in and I'll bet 600 Gold Pieces," said Faluzure as he adds 600 Gold Pieces to the pot.

"I'll raise 1,200 Gold Pieces." said Garyx as he adds 1,200 Gold Pieces to the pot."

"I'm folding," said Bahamut as he folds his hand.

"Well, it's just you and me Garyx. I'm going to raise, 2,400 Gold Pieces."

"I give up. I can't win this round, I fold," said Garyx as he folds his hand.

"Very wise choice and the whole pot is all mine," said Faluzure as he reveals his hands.

"The winner is Faluzure and the second round of this game will be Hlal turn," said Io.

"How did Faluzure manage to pull a three of kind?" asked Tamara.

"I don't know Tamara. But I'm going to keep a very close eye on Faluzure," said Bahamut suspiciously.

TO BE CONTINUED
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-08-20 at 12:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

They're already cheating?*shocked* Maybe try an anti-magic field to stop the magic
    Get your physics out of my D&D!

Proudly Chaotic

Optimism is delusion pessimism will save the world

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by el minster View Post
    They're already cheating?*shocked* Maybe try an anti-magic field to stop the magic
    Good idea.

Chapter 3

The second round of Dragon Poker was about to start.

"Dad, I'm detecting that there's an overwhelming aura of magic involved of the game. Maybe you should cast an Anti-Magic Field so that way no one is cheating with magic," said Hlal.

"Great idea Hlal. I also detect some type of magic as well," said Io as he cast an Anti-Magic Field which cast a purple anti-magic field around the room.

"This will prevent anyone from using magic for cheating," said Io as he shuffled the cards. He deals with two cards to Bahamut, Tamara, Hlal, Tiamat, Faluzure, and Garyx. Then he put 5 cards face-down on the table.

"Ok Hlal. It's your turn," said Io as Hlal look at her hand. It was the Ace of Clubs and Queen of Hearts.

"I start with 150 Gold Pieces," said Hlal as she bet 150 Gold Pieces. Tiamat checks her hand and it was King of Diamonds and 10 of Hearts.

"I also bet 150 Gold Pieces," said Tiamat as she adds 150 Gold Pieces to the pot.

"Ok let see what I got in store for my hand," said Faluzure as he checks his hand. It was Ace of Spades and 9 of Diamond.

"Ok I too will add 150 Gold Pieces to the pot," said Faluzure as he adds 150 Gold Pieces to the pot. Gary's checks his hand. It was 9 of Hearts and 3 of Clubs.

"I also add 150 Gold Pieces to the point as well," said Garyx as he adds 150 Gold Pieces to the point. Bahamut checks his hand and it's 7 of Clubs and 7 of Diamonds.

"Finally a good hand. I'll call," said Bahamut as he adds 150 Gold Pieces. Tamara checks her hand. It was the 4 of Spades and 4 of Hearts.

"Ok, I'm in. Let's see some cards dad," said Tamara as she adds 150 Gold Pieces to the pot. Io flips three cards face up. It was the 9 of Clubs, 6 of Clubs 8 of Spades.

"It's Tiamat turn," said Io.

"I'm out!" said Tiamat as she folds her hand.

"Yes, that what I needed! I'll raise 2,000 Gold Pieces," said Faluzure as he adds 2,000 Gold Pieces to the pot.

"That got to be the worst bluff you ever pulled there no way you have the same hand twice. I'm going all in!" said Garyx as he adds 8,350 Gold Pieces to the point.

"I'm not taking any chances. I'm folding," said Bahamut as he folds his hand.

"I'm afraid to find out Garyx's hand. I'm folding as well," said Tamara as she folds her hand.

"Me too. Fold," said Hlal as she folds her hand.

"I'll call to equal your bet," said Faluzure as he adds 8,350 Gold Pieces to the pot. Io flips the two last cards, the 6 of Hearts and the Queen of Spades.

"Ok let's see your hand." Garyx shows his hand.

"Ha Two Pairs of 9 and 6 with a 3 of Clubs. I won," said Garyx.

"Not so fast," said Faluzure as he shows his hand.

"I also have two pair of 9 and 6 with the Ace of Spades. So therefore I won," said Faluzure.

"What?! How is this even possible! You must have cheated somehow." said Garyx.

"How did I cheated if dad uses the anti-magic field. Garyx you are always a sore loser when it comes to games," said Faluzure.

"What about the first game when you won? You must have used your magic somehow," said Garyx.

"Oh please if I was using magic then I would confess. Since I didn't use magic, I play the game very fairly as I promised my dad and everybody else I should," said Faluzure.

"You're a liar and everybody knows it. This isn't over. By the powers of Pandemonium. I will get my revenge. I promise your death will be very painful and brutal." said Garyx as he leaves the room.

"You know Faluzure. Garyx has a point. As much that I dislike him. I was also very suspicious of the high magic activity around the first game." said Hlal.

"Everybody making accusations against me because I'm a better Dragon Poker Player even in the anti-magic field. Well, I got news for you Hlal. I don't even need magic to beat you and everybody else. And if wish to fight me for then I'll be glad to arrange it for you." said Faluzure.

"Kids let not fight over this. If Faluzure said he play fairly then I'm going to take his word for it. The third round will be Faluzure turn. So everybody gets ready and we'll end this discussion on here on out." said Io.

"Gladly father. I have enough accusation for one day," said Faluzure.

TO BE CONTINUED
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-08-20 at 01:53 AM.