New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Otherworldly Patron: The Great Phoenix.

Hey, guys, back again with *another* warlock patron. Starting to think I have a problem. Anyways, I'm a little apprehensive about this one, as my idea for it was a little hard to balance. I'm sure it's off and would value any advice you choose to give.

Invocations to come.

P.E.A.C.H.
    Please Evaluate And Criticize Honestly

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a2S...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by StagnantFlux; 2020-07-10 at 01:31 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Otherworldly Patron: The Great Phoenix.

Honestly this seems really weak. All the abilities are tied into the same base ability, which isnt necessarily a problem but it makes it less versatile.

I would increase the healing, probably to 1d4 off the start. I would worry less about scaling and overall make it less fidly.

The 6th ability is all but useless. It starts much weaker than a cantrip, never scales and gets rid of the healing benefit. I would remove anything the replaces the healing benefit. And I would change the 6th level ability altogether maybe to similar to celestial warlocks. Tweaking it to be competitve with EB is another solution, but at that point just streamline by providing firebolt with +level in damage perhaps?

Level 10 ability is cool very flavorful. I could see linking it to short/long rest but it is fine as is.

The flight during ignite is cool, but I think I would not require an action for it and the special action you gain is pretty useless for damaging. The healing option isnt bad.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Otherworldly Patron: The Great Phoenix.

Alright. I was worried that free healing every round would be broken, so I was trying to mitigate that. I guess I went overboard.