Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
Results 511 to 539 of 539
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    You inspect all the loot, even what you abandoned above, just to be safe.

    Inspect
    One-handed Weapons
    Two-handed Weapons

    Light Armors
    Medium Armor
    Wand
    Trophy (Skull)
    Coin Purse
    Coin Purse

    Guild Stone
    Scimitar (medium, rusty) x2
    Falchion (medium, rusty) x2
    Falchion (medium) [magic unidentified]
    Chain shirt (medium, rusty) x2
    Breastplate (medium) [magic unidentified]
    [magic unidentified]
    [magic unidentified]
    Gems x3 [not appraised]
    28 bronze pips, 13 silver plugs, 2 gold pogs

    [unassigned]

    When you touched the Guild Stone, you receive a notification.

    Guild Interface
    This Guild Stone is unassigned.
    Do you wish to form a Guild now?
    Yes
    No
    Requirements
    • User must be Party Leader
    • Party must contain 3 members of at least 3rd level
    • A party member must control one valid Building, which must be donated to the newly formed Guild.
    • Party Leader must pay Guild Formation Fee of 2 Gold Pogs.
    Requirements not met
    Canceling guild formation

    The guild interface automatically closes. Attempts to open it again result in the
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-07 at 08:35 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Spellcraft on the 4 magic items.
    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[15]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[10]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[12]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[25]

    Leta curses to herself about having to interact with other players. Dealing with people had gotten so tiresome, but maybe this could be different... Maybe.

    Leta checks to see if the guild stone can be moved. She also checks if there's a way to claim or control the building.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2021-06-06 at 05:08 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    The magic on the weapon, armor, and wand are all faint.

    The magic on the skull is moderate, and you identify the school of the aura as both Conjuration and Necromancy.

    The Guild Stone actually can be moved. When you attempt to do so, it offers you an option to move it. When you agree, the stone shrinks down into a 3 inch tall version of itself that fits comfortably in one of your coin pouches.

    You spend some time looking for a way to claim the building. Eventually, you find yourself poking around near the main entrance and receive a notification that informs you that the building is currently [Unclaimed, Ruined]. It cannot be claimed unless it is rebuilt.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Well. That's not going to happen.

    Leta, possessing no way to repair the building at the moment, just packs up her stuff to leave. She has no way to carry any of the gear with her, so she stashes it in the secret compartment if possible or buries it if not. Use shadow tools to make a shovel to do the digging and bury it 20 paces to the southwest of one corner of the building.

    That handled, Leta will proceed forward in the same direction she was heading when she left the valley and eventually found these ruins. Hopefully she can find something of worth in this direction, since there's nothing behind her.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    You travel a short distance before you realize that you failed to Spot a pair of zombified wolves before stumbling into them.

    They half-charge you!
    Bite - (1d20+6)[10] - (1d6+2)[8] (Burn? (3d6)[6])
    Bite - (1d20+6)[22] - (1d6+2)[4] (Burn! (3d6)[5])

    The first wolf misses, but the second bites you for no damage, burning from your mantle of flame.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-08 at 02:07 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Leta casually walks away from them, provoking AoOs. She'll look around for any other undead to draw into the battle before it ends and head towards them.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    They make attacks of opportunity!
    Bite - (1d20+4)[21] - (1d6+2)[5]
    Bite - (1d20+4)[11] - (1d6+2)[6]

    Assuming you double move, they are not able to catch up to you.

    You spot another pair of undead wolves not far away, though they don't seem to have noticed you. In the exact opposite direction of the other pair of wolves, you notice a humanoid skeleton, though clearly unarmed and unarmored.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    The first wolf hits you for 1 damage and burns for (3d6)[10].
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Leta walks toward the new wolves until they notice her then turns to move toward the humanoid, keeping an eye out for more undead as she goes. They really need to be cleared out before someone gets hurt.

    Spot - (1d20)[13]
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    The new pair of wolves, both clearly skeletons rather than zombies, join the pursuit, charging to attack you!
    (1d20+4)[10] - (1d6+1)[5] (burn? (3d6)[13])
    (1d20+4)[5] - (1d6+1)[6] (burn? (3d6)[17])

    The humanoid skeleton also notices you and charges in to attack.
    (1d20+3)[7] - (1d4+1)[2] (burn? (3d6)[11])

    All attacks against you miss.

    You don't notice any other undead in the immediate vicinity.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-08 at 04:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Leta pushes out of the group, provoking attacks, and head in the direction the humanoid skeleton came from, still looking for undead.

    Spot - (1d20)[15]

    Just remembering that she has a pair of skeletons umder her thrall, she tries to command them to join her.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    It seems that you've drawn all the undead in the area to you.

    You move and provoke attacks of opportunity!
    (1d20+2)[7] - (1d6+1)[5] ((3d6)[6]?)
    (1d20+2)[21] - (1d6+1)[6] ((3d6)[15])

    (1d20+1)[11] - (1d4+1)[3] ((3d6)[11]?)

    You're hit for 2 damage! The skeletal wolf is destroyed!

    Your rebuked undead hear your mental commands and begin moving towards you. It will take (2d10+5)[15] rounds for them to arrive.

    All five undead catch up with you and attack!
    (1d20+4)[8] - (1d6+2)[4] ((3d6)[7]?)
    (1d20+4)[23] - (1d6+2)[7] ((3d6)[12]) (Does not confirm the crit)

    (1d20+2)[11] - (1d6+1)[5] ((3d6)[14]?)
    (1d20+2)[9] - (1d6+1)[5] ((3d6)[10]?)
    (1d20+1)[4] - (1d4+1)[5] ((3d6)[7]?)

    You're hit for 3 damage!
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-08 at 04:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Unconcerned, Leta pushes out of the crowd again and starts double moving back towards her commanded skeletons.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    That provokes attacks.
    (1d20+4)[14] - (1d6+2)[6] ((3d6)[11])
    (1d20+4)[23] - (1d6+2)[6] ((3d6)[8])

    (1d20+2)[11] - (1d6+1)[4] ((3d6)[9]?)

    (1d20+1)[7] - (1d4+1)[5] ((3d6)[6]?)

    You're hit for 2 damage! The zombie wolves burn but are not destroyed.

    The two shambling zombie wolves are not able to get close enough to attack.

    The remaining skeletal wolf and humanoid skeleton charge you!
    (1d20+4)[16] - (1d6+1)[3] ((3d6)[10])

    (1d20+3)[19] - (1d4+1)[4] ((3d6)[14])

    You're hit twice for no damage, destroying the humanoid skeleton.

    To answer your question: Because you're moving back towards your commanded undead, the time is lessened 13 rounds remain.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-08 at 04:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Down to 38 hp, Leta is unconcerned with this level of attack. She'll continue moving, keeping just out of reach of the zombies.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    You again provoke an attack from the skeletal wolf.
    (1d20+4)[16] - (1d6+1)[4] ((3d6)[9])

    You are hit but take no damage. The skeletal wolf is destroyed!

    The zombie wolves follow but cannot keep up.The skeletal wolf charges you. (1d20+4)[13] - (1d6+1)[5] ((3d6)[8])

    11 rounds remain until your undead arrive.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-08 at 04:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Assuming she's 40 feet away by this point, she'll move once to 70 ft away then heal Charnel Touch - (1d8+1)[9], restoring herself to full health.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2021-06-08 at 04:34 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    The zombie wolves move 40 feet towards you.

    9.5 rounds remain.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Leta spends the next minute kiting the undead wolves in a circle as she waits, making sure to stay just close enough so that combat doesn't end.

    As soon as her commanded undead arrive, she releases them from her control, expecting them to attack her. She also stops avoiding the zombies.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that's one way to pick up adds to boost encounter level, I suppose...

    The zombie wolves charge to catch up and attack!
    (1d20+6)[23] - (1d6+2)[6] ((3d6)[17])
    (1d20+6)[24] - (1d6+2)[5] ((3d6)[17])

    You're hit for 1 damage! Both zombie wolves are destroyed!

    The two humanoid skeletons charge at you from the other direction as soon as they are released from your control!
    (1d20+3)[11] - (1d4+1)[5] ((3d6)[11])
    (1d20+3)[10] - (1d4+1)[3] ((3d6)[14])

    Both other skeletons miss you.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-08 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Leta moves back 15 feet to provoke an attack give them room to charge.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2021-06-08 at 04:41 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    You provoke.
    (1d20+1)[3] - (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d20+1)[18] - (1d4+1)[3]

    They charge.
    (1d20+3)[15] - (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d20+3)[6] - (1d4+1)[3]
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    The second hits you for no damage on the AoO and then burns for (3d6)[10].

    The first charges and hits you for 1 damage and then burns for (3d6)[11].

    Both skeletons are destroyed!

    Encounter Notice
    Enemies Defeated:

    Experience Gained:
    7

    1425
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-06-08 at 04:46 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Leta is still a bit frustrated that she hasn't received a slayer title yet but happily banks the XP as she loots the bodies.

    Search - (1d20+8)[25]
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    You collect several handfuls of Bone Dust and place it into your empty coin purse.

    Inspect
    Bone Dust x10 (1st-Level Material Component)
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Interesting...

    Leta heals up and heads in the same direction away from the valley.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    It takes about a full day's travel before you encounter anything besides a few woodland creatures that flee at your presence.

    Eventually, you see a break in the trees in the distance, which soon proves to be the end of the forest.

    In the distance, you see a small farming town surrounded by fields of grain.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, I guess that means my XP buffs have worn off...


    Leta cautiously enters the town, looking for any buildings with a sign on them or a person to give her directions and answer some questions.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - Jeriah

    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a very astute guess and completely correct.


    As you approach, you receive a popup.

    Entered Settlement
    You have entered the Thorp of Littlegate.

    Achievement: Discovered Civilization
    You have discovered the Settlement of Littlegate. Gain 10 experience.

    Having arrived later in the evening, you do not see anyone on the road. You do, eventually, find a larger building with a sign out front hanging from a pole over the door. The sign shows a faded painting of a large strawberry with a dagger stabbed through it, a crimson liquid dripping from the tip of the dagger.

    The Lethal Strawberry
    Tavern
    Roadhouse
    Adventurers' Guild (inactive)
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •