A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839
Results 1,141 to 1,149 of 1149
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Empire 6: First Light (OOC 1)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    We've tried to avoid a flat +2 to battle rolls. However, if you wanted to limit it to attack or defense a +2 would be acceptable.
    +2 to offensive battle rolls then.

Played New Bhule in Empire!4
    Played as the Rothuun Galactic Hegemony in Empire!5
    Currently playing Empire!6 as the United Blemmyae Tribes

PM me sometime!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D&D_Fan View Post
    Tech Concept: Potter's Wheel
    Tech Category: Civilian
    Prerequisites: Pottery, Wheel and Axle
    Effect: +1 to Buyouts that stacks with the bonus of Pottery

The idea is that it's an improvement in the technology of pottery, by incorporating the wheel. It generates better pots, and therefor, the effect of Pottery is effectively increased.

I am seeking approval for this tech I guess.
    I have no problem with the mechanical effect or the idea of an improved pottery tech, but as I mentioned on the Discord, my belief has always been (and I don't think I'm alone) that the Pottery tech already represented the Potter's Wheel and therefore this tech would have the unfortunate effect of soft-retconning stuff that people already have. There's the secondary, less important point that IRL at least it seems very likely that the wheel and axle was developed from the potter's wheel rather than vice versa, so the tech tree would be backwards.

If you want to stick with the idea of an improved pottery tech I might suggest a qualitative improvement (like Porcelain or Glazing, to make the pots more valuable trade goods) or a quantitative improvement (better kilns, though someone else would need to weigh in on kiln design). Or you could maintain a similar theme but diverge from ceramics with something like Lost-Wax Casting, perhaps?
    Empire! A community world-building game, always recruiting

GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Orc in the Playground

So, a small announcement: After some discussion with Dark, I am stepping in as the new Org Wrangler! We had originally been going to make the switch in round 31, but we agreed that it would be better to do it sooner to take a little more stuff off of Dark's plate. I will still be controlling the Scrim for at least this round at the next; Dark and I plan to review matters between the end of round 30 and the start of round 31 to decide whether that will be an ongoing arrangement or whether we will be finding a replacement to run the Scrim. Thank you to Dark for the opportunity, and I hope y'all enjoy what I have in store for managing the orgs.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mil 10: Starblood Salvos
    Spoiler: Pinnacle Tech
    Show
    To consume a thing is to know a thing. To gain its essence. Be imbued with power. This belief, in one form or another, is held throughout the Southern Hemisphere of Ember. The Alodites, and consuming the bodies of their deceased for their intelligence. Partaking of the Great Mother to access her wisdom. Trolls exchanging body parts to grow in kinship.

Why should this concept be limited to people?

Through the most moonlit of rites where the wormwood and the snakeborn weave in harmony, the celestial chords were created. Dipped in bloodfire, strung to a glimmering bow, these strings gain the explosive power of a vial, ready to unleash their arrows in a hailstorm literally unimaginable to elves beforehand.

However, having created such deadly weapons, the far greater task was teaching people to wield them. Overshooting, dropping the bow upon release, surrounding mounts being terrified at the discordant strum. Much of the task is in mitigating the aftershocks on your own army, and even then much finesse is lost.

Mechanics:
    Requirements: A resource of Bloodfire, Three-Wind Bows, Ranged Weapons slot
    +4 To-Battle, -2 to Enemy Leader Loss
    Or
    +5 To-Battle

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Have a quick question about the resource in 140 TP1.

This resource is listed as being owned by RUIN. However in the opener, it is listed as being now open from the Arag, who had taken it from SAN by raiding it a few rounds back. Can I ask what this status should be as both myself and Ty were thinking it should have been ours/available to buyout.
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Played as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4. Flew too close to the sun

Played as the Duenem in Empire 5. Ordered a God to stand down, and kept a contingency ready...

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is the lands thread post showing it should have two TPs (Since the Aragís only released the TPs and didnít end up destroying them) https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...9&postcount=40
    ďIím a Terrorist not an idiot.Ē - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tentreto View Post
    Have a quick question about the resource in 140 TP1.

This resource is listed as being owned by RUIN. However in the opener, it is listed as being now open from the Arag, who had taken it from SAN by raiding it a few rounds back. Can I ask what this status should be as both myself and Ty were thinking it should have been ours/available to buyout.
    What happened here was that I did trades last round (Frost being unavailable), and processed the effects of the Arag's ownership as destroying TPs as previously indicated (which also resulted in some previous TP2s becoming TP1s if TP1 was destroyed, I think). But Dark edited this round opener so that the TPs were no longer destroyed, and I didn't realise, so a bunch of TPs had been erased that in the event shouldn't have been.

Frost is now dealing with this.
    Empire! A community world-building game, always recruiting

GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

You know...I think I'm done. I'm tired.
    Spoiler
    Show

Normal Avatar by Thormag!

Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

This feels like something someone who is an actual player should be asking, but is this thing dead? If so, what's next?

*pokes it with a stick*
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.